Happy Trails, Hans

Shezbeth

Re: Happy Trails, Hans

Post by Shezbeth »

... because that's how they were scripted/cast.

You're well entitled to your opinion, and I'll admit that much of my ire is not directed at you but rather at the immense degree to which the term 'Happy trails Hans' had inundated the internet.

Having said, remembering him - by name - as Hans Gruber would be like remembering Jim Carrey as Ace Ventura. Both examples indicate iconic roles and a significant step for the industry,... but while IDK about Rickman (obviously) Carrey can be seen at regular interval to DETEST the Ace Ventura movies, and likewise I doubt that Die Hard was Rickman's proudest/finest moment/role.
http://shezbethblog.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I have no flaws...

... except one: I lie too much" - Ilya Alekseyev
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

What's the big deal? We all play roles .... some just get shown on the big silver screen. I doubt I will remember you as the Zombie Ninja, just roles we enact. Apparently some found more identity with these actors roles than the real person who they never met, very rarely is the real person seen anywhere other than maybe in the most intimate moments when our guard comes down.

Brings me back to the topic of how bare can a soul get, when do the masks come off? Who is the script writer and who is cast. Big question when one sits with it long enough.
Shezbeth wrote:... because that's how they were scripted/cast.

You're well entitled to your opinion, and I'll admit that much of my ire is not directed at you but rather at the immense degree to which the term 'Happy trails Hans' had inundated the internet.

Having said, remembering him - by name - as Hans Gruber would be like remembering Jim Carrey as Ace Ventura. Both examples indicate iconic roles and a significant step for the industry,... but while IDK about Rickman (obviously) Carrey can be seen at regular interval to DETEST the Ace Ventura movies, and likewise I doubt that Die Hard was Rickman's proudest/finest moment/role.
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Pris

Post by Pris »

Christine wrote:What's the big deal? We all play roles .... some just get shown on the big silver screen. I doubt I will remember you as the Zombie Ninja, just roles we enact. Apparently some found more identity with these actors roles than the real person who they never met, very rarely is the real person seen anywhere other than maybe in the most intimate moments when our guard comes down.

Brings me back to the topic of how bare can a soul get, when do the masks come off? Who is the script writer and who is cast. Big question when one sits with it long enough.
Shezbeth wrote:... because that's how they were scripted/cast.

I agree... what's the big deal? Besides, actors know what they're getting into. They know how the public will view them.

Some roles are even made with a specific actor in mind. Actors also have a say in the roles they play, and if a part doesn't feel right to them, they can turn it down (unless they already signed a contract lol).

Btw, it wouldn't bother me if some people remember me as 'Pris'.

Return to “News and updates”