yes..funny this life

Happy trails , Alan .
Pris

Re: Happy Trails, Hans

Post by Pris »

Cristian wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

yes..funny this life

Happy trails , Alan .
Die Hard is one of my favourite movies of all time (mostly because of Hans) -- especially around Christmas. Shoot... not another one. David Bowie and now Alan Rickman...
Shezbeth

Post by Shezbeth »

Oh for god's sakes people, he's an actor. A LIAR. His JOB was to disingenuously represent himself as something he was not.

I bet you ppl celebrate Christmas too,....
http://shezbethblog.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I have no flaws...

... except one: I lie too much" - Ilya Alekseyev
Pris

Post by Pris »

Shezbeth wrote:Oh for god's sakes people, he's an actor. A LIAR. His JOB was to disingenuously represent himself as something he was not.

I bet you ppl celebrate Christmas too,....
Good actors aren't lying when they evoke heart-felt emotions from their own experiences. Don't they call that 'method acting'?

Hans is one of my favourite 'villains' because Alan Rickman played the part so... authentically. I'd say that happens when a person loves what they're doing. I would also say that, just like Alan, we all have a 'darker side' to ourselves. Being able to tap into that aspect of ourselves as an actor can really 'liven up' a character.

In this case, I would say that Hans is definitely an aspect of Alan Rickman. It felt like Alan was enjoying himself far too much for it all to be 'fake'.

I'm pulling from my own acting experience.

No, I didn't celebrate Christmas this year. I still love the lights though. The lights I have on year round.
Shezbeth

Post by Shezbeth »

So for christ's sake, celebrate the ACTOR! Who WAS Alan Rickman?? What did he DO (aside from his portrayal of Hans Gruber)?? The list goes on,....

Or just get in line with the mainstream/socialized regard of him as 'the guy from Die Hard',....

Personally, he was one of my FAVORITE actors. From Die Hard (I'm NOT besmirching his role as Gruber!), to Quigley Down Under, to Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, lest I forget Snape (dear god, SNAPE!) he was the quintessential villain,... but that's not who he was, those are THINGS HE DID.

If one is want to pay respects, pay them to the MAN. (IMO)
http://shezbethblog.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I have no flaws...

Pris

Post by Pris »

Shezbeth wrote:So for christ's sake, celebrate the ACTOR! Who WAS Alan Rickman?? What did he DO (aside from his portrayal of Hans Gruber)?? The list goes on,....

Or just get in line with the mainstream/socialized regard of him as 'the guy from Die Hard',....

Personally, he was one of my FAVORITE actors. From Die Hard (I'm NOT besmirching his role as Gruber!), to Quigley Down Under, to Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, lest I forget Snape (dear god, SNAPE!) he was the quintessential villain,... but that's not who he was, those are THINGS HE DID.

If one is want to pay respects, pay them to the MAN. (IMO)
Heck, pay respects? What do you think I just did? Oh, Shez, Shez, Shezzzz....

Even dear Leonard Nimoy eventually figured it out.

Shezbeth

Post by Shezbeth »

Yeah,... except Nimoy was ALIVE to pen that book,... and he took the opportunity to OWN that iconic role and use it as a stage to promote himself. Are there any books titled "I am Gruber"?

"I have no flaws...

Pris

Post by Pris »

HAHAHA! I suspect Alan Rickman would have loved to write that book but just didn't get around to it.
Shezbeth

Post by Shezbeth »

So that's a 'no'? That looks like a 'no'.

"I have no flaws...

Pris

Post by Pris »

When you play a role, it becomes a part of you. Alan Rickman didn't just pull Gruber out of his arse and then forget about him. Why do you suppose all those other villains Alan played are so similar?

Return to “News and updates”