Story of fiction and fantasy and science fiction

''Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.''
-Bruce Lee
LostNFound

Re: Story of fiction and fantasy and science fiction

Post by LostNFound »

Megan and Galia sat in front of the computer and watched their mother move to the fish tank. They saw her reach in and pick one of the fish out. She actually scraped some scales off the critter and placed them into a small beaker. Next she grabbed another species and did the same. The beaker now held DNA examples from two different species of fish. Marni then set the beaker down and moved to the shelving units that held a variety of plants and powders in jars. They watched her pick up two jars and bring them to the table, she then walked over and picked up two more and placed them next to the first two. They saw her walk to the other side of the room and unlock a door on a metal cabinet hung to the wall. The container she removed and brought over to the table was a simple metal container that looked like a thermos. She turned and faced the camera and began to speak.

“When Jubel and I were taken into the dreamtime, as it was explained to us,
we began to see great wonders of magic, or so we thought. So many things
that we had been researching and experimenting with were natural and so
easy to understand. Jannali, the man that took us into those lands, showed us
how to achieve so many things and when we were brought back, we were
able to retain the learnings. We learned so many different wonderful things
but that is on other video’s as we have made. For now, what follows is the
simplicity of changing the human physiology to live on the land as well as
in the oceans. You have seen me abstract the DNA of two “amphibious fish”
as I like to call them. Both of these fish, the climbing perch that actually
has lungs as well as gills and the mangrove rivulus which can change its
physiology to breath on land also has gills. This was very important to us as
we have lungs for breathing air but cannot breathe water. So anyway these
two fish are one of the major bases for this transformation. As you have
seen, I have mixed the DNA of both fish together and now we will add the
other pure organic ingredients to complete this drink of change or bridge
between worlds as I and Jubel have named it.”

Hanna pushed the pause button again and looked at the shelving where Marni had retrieved the plant materials. She turned and looked at Megan, “You saw the jars your mother retrieved over their so will you get them and bring them over to the center table? I can replay the video and pause it if you can’t remember.” Megan stood up and stretched and said “I saw the labels on the jars and will get them.” “Galia, I am going to ask you to retrieve the fish we need. I know you can move from time to anywhere you want to go and you can do it in the blink of an eye. If I am wrong please tell me.” “Yes Hanna, I can do that and Nathan can also. I know that Jeanette can do it also.” Hanna just looked at her and said in a soft voice, “you really must show me how to do that.” “Okay, you should take Nathan and go and gather those fish. The Mangrove Rivulus lives on the eastern coasts of South America and the climbing Perch Megan said may be in an aquarium up in Cairns. She opened her mind to Galia and gave her a clear picture of where she had seen the small critters when she lived with the indigenous peoples of South America. “I’m not sure yet what your mother has in that thermos but she saw fit to lock it up in that cabinet over there” and she pointed at the cabinet. “It looked to me that she had the key on a necklace around her neck.”

Megan picked up the jars with the names of plants and herbs on the labels and examined them. The first one she picked up was quite familiar to her. Acacia leaves were written on the label and the jar was 2/3rds full. There was something else mixed in the leaves but she could not tell what it was. The next jar she gathered had the words written on the label. (Solanum aviculare) was written below the most familiar words Kangaroo apple which she recognized. She had used this fruit before to make a poultice to reduce swelling and ease pain. She knew that the indigenous folk used it for the same things and that is where her mother had learned about its properties and how to use it and then showed her. She took the two jars over to the table and went back for the others that she had seen in the video. She was listening to Hanna tell Galia about the fish and asking her to go and get them while concentrating on the plants resting on the shelf. She then heard Hanna mention the metal cabinet attached to the far wall and how mother had retrieved a thermos of something from it. Hanna said something about a key and how mother had locked it up and had the key around her neck. She picked up the next labeled jar that had the words (Ipomoea pes-caprae) or Goat’s foot and walked back to the table. “You said mother had a key that locked or unlocked that cabinet?” Hanna turned to her and said “yes we all saw her remove the key from around her neck and unlock it and remove that thermos.”

Galia had stood up and stretched and walked toward the door. “I’m going to get Nathan; I think he and Devlin may have gone out to the field to see how the pigs are doing. When she reached the barn, the lights were on so she looked around to see if the animals had come back but they had not and that made her concerned. She walked back to their bedding areas and noticed the chickens were in their coops but no pigs. She walked to the front and heard Nathan and Devlin talking. “I can go look for them tomorrow. It seems they just disappeared from the field.” “We haven’t checked the barn yet, maybe they all came back and are bedded down.” “Well let’s give that a check but I did not hear anything earlier when we first came back out.” Galia came out of the barn just as the two walked around the corner. “They are not in here and I heard you talking that they aren’t out in the field, where do suppose they got off too?” “We don’t know yet, we searched around the field and even went a little ways into the forest but it is too dark now to go much further. I think they may have just moved to a spot on the other side of the trees, possibly into that big meadow, you know the one that Megan is so fond of visiting.” Galia thought about that and said “you could be right about that since Timoth always seemed to go with her when she would go sun gazing. They will come back when they get hungry enough. Nathan, Hanna has asked me and you to go and gather some fish. They are needed for parts of the potion; mother and father have called the drink a bridge between worlds.”

Nathan held out his hands and took a hold of Galia’s; they both appeared to turn sideways and disappeared. Devlin walked down to the lab. He saw Megan examining the jars on the far wall and went directly to her. “Devlin, I think you and I might be able to upgrade ourselves with this drink.” Hanna had wondered how taking another elixir would affect her and Devlin’s physiology and knew it could be a risk so she was going to be the first one to try it after Megan drank it. “Mother, do you think that is such a good idea, you don’t know how that might affect you or me.” Megan picked up the jar that had “Emu bush “written on the label and looked at Devlin as she walked to the center table. “Hanna, mother does show how that star man took it and did not have any side affects other than having his physiology change. You and Devlin have already crossed the bridge and it has been many years. Have you read anything or seen in the video that would suggest that taking this more than once may or may not harm you?” “No dear girl I have not, to both of your questions, but we have not finished this video yet and I thought it would be best if we had all the ingredients before we watch your mother concoct it all. We still need that thermos from the cabinet and I do not know where that key might be located to get into it.”

The sun was not yet up as the two young people materialized in the swampy mangrove forest. Both of them were floating just above the shallow water. The two native’s that were wading through the water and catching the little fish had stopped when they first saw the sparkling light that was a good 20 yards in front of them. The woman and her young son stared with wide eyes at the two people as they materialized and looked like they were standing on top of the water. As they all stood or floated and stared at each other the sun broke the surface of the horizon far out into the ocean. The light chased away the darkness above the tree canopies almost instantly. Tubes of light, shot through openings in the forest and the effect was like thousands of people turning on torches all at the same time. Galia was the first to see the woman and her son and watched them start to turn and go back. She read the thoughts of the woman and caught the fear of seeing two spirits that were going to harm them for entering the forest. She spoke quickly in their language and said “wait, we will not hurt you; we are here to catch one of these small fish.” The little boy was the first to stop and turn, his mother followed and they both just watched Galia and Nathan as they floated above the water.
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

“Can you help us to catch one of the fish?” The woman was very cautious but the boy took a few steps forward and reached down into the murky waters and when he stood up he had an excellent specimen of the mangrove rivulus. “Is this what you are looking for?” “Yes that is exactly what we are looking for.” “Do you want to eat it; we can show you how to cook it.” “No we are not going to eat it; we need it to make a potion.” The woman’s eyes grew big at that remark and she pushed the boy to walk forward as she followed. When they reached Galia and Nathan, The woman took the fish from the boy and held it out for Galia. “When you use this fish to make the potion, you will grow gills. We have seen this before as our medicine man has shown all of us how to do this. He told us that we could live in the ocean if we wanted to drink the potion he could make.” Galia and Nathan looked at each other with surprise.

“Have any of your people ever drank this potion you speak of?” “No we do not wish to be fish and we can swim in the ocean just fine.” “Have you ever seen anyone that may have taken the potion?” “There was one who could live in the ocean, we never saw her drank or take any potion. She came to us when she was growing a child and she also grew the gills. We called her Ana luiza then and it has been many years since she left. I remember when it was her time, we took her out into the ocean and she went into the water and gave birth to her baby boy. He could breathe the water and the dolphins adopted him and Ana. I was only a young girl then. Ana called him Diogo and they lived with us until the boy was 7 years of age. We do not know where they went but Ana told us that the boy had a father somewhere and she was going to find him.” Galia looked at Nathan and they both knew that this woman was talking about Hanna and Devlin. “What is your name?” “I am called Ester and this is my second son and his name is Cristian, we live in the village close to the sea.” Cristian said “I am a good fisherman and one day I will lead my people, can you show me how to float in the air?” “Well Cristian, I am called Galia and this is my husband and his name is Nathan.” Nathan smiled at how Galia introduced him and reached out to touch her. “Perhaps we will come and show you and your family how to float in the air but you and your mother are fishing for a meal, I see and we must go back to our home first. Thank you for helping us to gather this fish, we shall return one day.”

Ester and Cristian watched as the two spirits turned and disappeared. “If you learn how to do that, I will never see you again and then who would I have to take care of? Your older brother has left us to go to those horrible places of death they call the city. We must catch the fish now for the meal and tell the medicine man what we have seen in the forest today.” The boy began to catch the little fish that could live on the land and in the waters and wondered about the spirits that floated above the water and ground and why they wanted the fish to make a potion that would turn them into fish when they could fly or so it seemed to him. Ester and Cristian filled the basket with the fish and walked back to their village. In 2 moons time they would be moving to a new place further up the coast. This place was where they lived during the colder months of the northern coasts but now the seasons were changing and the warmer months were coming. Soon Cristian would be old enough and big enough to use the spear in the oceans.

Hanna, Megan and Devlin were sitting around the computer and discussing what they knew so far of making the potion, when Galia and Nathan suddenly appeared by the big water tank All three turned and looked at them and Hanna said “didn’t you just leave?” Galia dropped the fish into the water and said “yes but it took a bit longer than we thought because we met some people. We are going to get the other fish and should be back in a moment.” Both of them disappeared once again.

Nathan opened the door into time this go- around because he had been in Cairns and visualized the town square. The both stood on the large patch of grass in the middle of the city and looked around. “Do you know where the Aquarium is located?” “No, once my friends and I reached the hospital, I came through here on my way south and never really got to see much of the city. I would think that it would be located close to the ocean.” “Nathan, I think we should become invisible and we can levitate up and get a good look of the city.” Nathan took her hands and they both disappeared and floated upward. Once they were up high enough they spun around and saw were the ocean was in relation to the greater city of Cairns. They flew along the wharfs and piers and did not see any building that even closely resembled an aquarium. They did see some residual signs of the war in bombed out buildings that looked like they may have been left as reminders for residents of this city. Galia had read enough history to know that Cairns, was one of the first city’s to be attacked during the war of 2025. It had almost burned to the ground completely. “We are going to have to ask for directions.” “Yes, there is a port authority just ahead and we can land in a secluded spot and become visible and walk there and ask.”

Nathan opened the door and they both entered the main lobby of the port authority. There were small shops and food places on the main floor and it looked like a type of mall of the old prewar times. There was an escalator leading up to a second floor that had a large dome of glass over the whole center area. She could see that there were many businesses lining both sides of the second floor. They both stopped at a directory board and found out where the main offices of the port authority were located. They took the escalator up and made their way to the main open area that had clear big signs stating “PORT AUTHORITY”. The man standing behind the rather long counter was looking at a computer screen and typing something on one of the new flat sheet key pads. Nathan noticed that he was dressed like one of the many employees of the airlines that infested the airports. They both stood at the counter waiting for the man to offer at least an inquirer as to how he might help them. The man appeared to ignore them so Galia said “excuse me” in a polite way and the man did not look up at her but rather raised his hand as if to say “wait a minute”. Galia was patient and quickly enough the man stopped starring at the screen and looked directly at them. “How may I help you?” “Well kind sir, we are looking for the Aquarium and perhaps you can give us directions?” The man did not say anything but touched his key pad and waited for the computer to respond. He typed something in and waited once again. “Well missy, it would seem that you are out of luck. The only aquarium we had in this city does not exist anymore. It seems that it was bombed during the war and never rebuilt. My guess is that the people that came back after the war did not have enough money to reestablish an aquarium.” Galia was disappointed and said “well thank you anyway” and turned and began to walk away.

Liam Gallagher watched the two young people walk away from the counter. He had overheard their inquirer of the aquarium. He had not heard of anyone asking about that place for years now and to hear it mentioned today, peaked his interest. He had worked at the aquarium before it was destroyed in the war and wondered what two young people might be looking for in an aquarium. These children could not have been very old when the war broke out and that fact alone made him want to talk with them. He stopped reading the news on the computer screen at the counter, picked up his bag and followed the children. In the front of the building, Galia and Nathan stood looking around. “What do we do now? If that aquarium does not exist there may not be any of the climbing perch on the mainland.” Nathan was thinking about that and what their next move would be when they both heard, “Gidday to you.”
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

They both turned around to see a ruddy looking man standing just behind them. The man was dressed in the kaki shorts and shirt of the standard bush travelers and his wide brimmed leather hat, semi covered his face. His skin was a deep brown from the sun. Nathan eyed the man and asked “Gidday to you sir, is there something we can do for you?” The man walked closer and held out his right hand to shake and said “my name is Liam, Liam Gallagher.” Nathan reached out and shook the man’s hand. “I am Nathan and this is Galia.” The man tipped his hat to Galia. Galia almost curtsied to him, least ways that is how she felt. “I could not help overhearing you talking to the man upstairs when you inquired about the aquarium; it has been years since anyone has even asked about that place. May I ask what your interest in such a place could be?” Nathan and Galia both looked at each other and Galia spoke. “Well Mr. Gallagher, we were told that the aquarium might have a certain fish in it and we wanted to see the fish.” “You kids don’t seem to be old enough to have known or know much about that aquarium. Forgive me for making that observation. I was younger then and I just so happen to work in that aquarium. I knew most of the aquatic life that was kept there so perhaps you can tell me what particular fish you are looking for?” “Yes of course, it is called the Climbing Perch which is indigenous to Asia; we think it might inhabit the New Guinea Islands.”

Liam was surprised when the girl told him what fish they were looking for. That particular fish had posed a threat to the Australian wildlife and fish back in the teens and the only ones they had found had come down on a fishing boat. For the most part they inhabited the small islands between the main land and Papua New Guinea. He knew that the fish could live on land and in the water and had adapted to the salt water environment. He remembered when the two that were found had been brought to the aquarium and placed into a specially constructed exhibit. He would watch them go from the water to the land and crawl or walk to trees and other places. It was all very fascinating to him at the time and he had even taken a trip to the island of Saibai one time to study the habitat. “Well I must tell you, it is very interesting that you would be looking for that particular fish. When the aquarium was operating we had been fortunate to receive a couple of them. Someone had brought them down on a fishing boat and when they were discovered, the captain of the boat brought them to us. Those particular fish can live on the land as well as in the water. They are generally fresh water but we discovered that they were adapting to the saltwater also. It seems, the little rascals have lungs as well as gills.”

Nathan could read this man and knew that he owned a charter boat by his thoughts seeping out. He knew that he was going to try and sell them on a trip. “We have done a bit of research on the fish and did not know about the aquarium being destroyed during the war. Could you perhaps tell us where we might find a specimen to study?” Liam looked at both of them with a smile on his face. It had been a dry season for him and he thought he was going to get some customers finally. He would have to get money up front to fuel the boat and buy stores but these kids looked like they could swing the deal. “Well now, I can tell you that there is no place around here that would keep such a critter. I don’t think you will be able to find one on the mainland to tell you the truth; however they are quite prolific on the Island of Saibai and it just so happens that I own a 60 foot charter boat that could get us up there in a few days.” Liam let that phrase drop to see if he was going to get a bite, The negotiation for price would come if these two bit on his veiled proposition.

Galia smiled as she looked at the bushman who seemed to be a seaman. “Mr. Gallagher, we appreciate your offer to go on a private ocean cruise and it does sound like a very nice thing to do but we cannot afford the time and I am sure we could not afford the price.” “Well lass, I see you have me figured out somewhat, however you don’t know the price for me to take the both of you to that Island and it would be an exquisite two weeks of adventure and you could gather an excellent specimen of a climbing perch. This might be your only opportunity to do that. By the way, I don’t believe either of you have told me why you want to study one of those critters?” Nathan could sense this man was bordering on desperation to keep him self in business and decided to tell him some truth. “That is a fair enough question Mr. Gallagher. We have been told that by eating one of these fish we can grow gills and live in the oceans.” Liam was astounded by that answer, he just stared at the boy for a moment and then the laughter welled up in him. He began to laugh so hard that tears flowed from his eyes. “You’re kidding me, right?”

Nathan and Galia both sensed the tension release from the man and smiled. “Yes, partly but we have been told that these fish do taste good and we thought perhaps to purchase one to eat.” Liam was still snickering and had pulled a hanky from his rear pocket and was wiping his eyes. “How old are you kids, if you don’t mind me asking?” Galia answered him and said “we don’t mind, we are 17 this year.” “Seventeen, Liam shook his head and controlled himself. “Whoever told you that the climbing perch is good eating most likely never tried to eat one. I can tell you that they are the most rancid fish to eat because I tried to eat one when I was on that island for a research and study many years ago. I tried many different ways to cook them and added many different spices and herbs but I could never get the rancid taste to disappear. I could never figure out how the Chinese could eat the things but then again the Asian folk eat a lot of strange things. Where are you kids from, again if you don’t mind me asking?” Nathan quickly answered and said “we are from Brisbane.” Liam decided that these two kids were not going to be a meal ticket for him and dropped the whole idea. “I see, well then glad I could be of some service and help in answering your questions.” He reached into a pocket on his shirt and pulled a card out. “If you two ever want to take a good fishing trip or just a cruise to some of the outer islands give me a ring, my boat can hold up to 10 people.” He handed the card to Nathan and started to turn away. “Thank you Mr. Gallagher we will keep you in mind.”

As Liam walked away from the two young people he was still snickering to himself but deeper in his memories was the blue eyed aborigine he had met on the Island at the post that talked to him about a man that could live in the oceans when he made a drink, using something from the climbing perch. He had walked toward his automobile when this revelation popped into his head and turned to go back and talk with the kids. When he turned they were gone and it totally baffled him because he had only just left them. He thought he could at least see them walking possible to the big parking area where they would at least have an automobile. He looked around and did not see them anywhere and finally just shrugged his shoulders and continued to his car.

Stepping into time once again, Nathan and Galia could hear the breakers on the shore line. The jungle was thick where they stepped into the world but they could see the beach through the trees and thick foliage. “The fish may be further inland.” “Yes I suppose they would be but I want to have a look at the beach.” “Okay my love; let’s go sit in the sand for a spell.” Awhile later, Galia spotted one of fish on the side of a tree and they both approached it. The critter seemed to be stuck to the trunk and Nathan noticed that its gills were dug into bark. Galia started to remove it but Nathan held her hand. “Look, you see those gills, they can be very sharp and I don’t want you to get hurt.” Galia looked at him and smiled. “Okay let’s just move it into the tank in the lab and then go back for now.”

Hanna, Megan and Devlin were just starting to resume their conversation about making the potion when a slight sparkling occurred in the tank and the perch swam to the surface. Nathan and Galia both appeared almost simultaneously with the sparkle of light. Hanna stood and walked to the aquarium tank and looked at the fish. “So the aquarium up in Cairns had the critter, it looks like.” “No, that aquarium was destroyed in the war and never rebuilt, so we went to one of the islands where they are prolific and snatched one. We did get an offer to go on a sea cruise while we were in Cairns which sounds like a real fun thing to do, maybe on our honey moon.” She looked at Nathan with a smile and continued “I think we have all the ingredients now.” “Yes we do and if you will be as kind as to bring me one of those small beakers and that knife we can gather the DNA from these two before they jump out of this tank and start looking for a way out of here.” Megan spoke and said “Shouldn’t we watch the rest of this video before we cut those fish?” “Well dear girl we certainly will watch your mother concoct this potion but I think we can get the DNA from the fishie’s and get it all together on the table.”
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

51 STAR DUST

They were sitting around the computer and watching as Marni explained each step of adding the ingredients. Hanna looked at both girls and said “do either of you have any idea where your mother might have left the key to that cabinet?” Galia clearly had no idea but Megan was in deep thought. “Can you rewind the video and show me what that key looks like?” Hanna moved the time counter back to where Marni was beginning to open the cabinet and they all watched as Marni pulled the necklace over her head and took the key in hand and began to unlock the cabinet. The key was only clearly visible for a split second it seemed before she took it in hand. Hanna played the video until the right moment and froze it. The key was clearly a special shape, it had a long round shaft running from a ringed shape for the finger hold, at the end of the shaft there was a flat shape that had three different long parts protruding from it. Hanna looked at it and said “that resembles what we use to call, a skeleton key. Those kinds of keys were prevalent in the last two centuries. I remember when I was a child; my dad had a jar of them that he kept in the storage building. I don’t remember him having anything that he had to use one of those keys on, but they were fun to play with.” Megan studied the shape of the key and without saying anything stood and walked out of the lab.

Walking through the back door, Megan noticed Hattie and Jeanette playing some card game. Hattie looked up from her cards she was holding and said “well now, are you all through for the night?” Megan had to smile and answered, “No I just had to get something from the bedroom. We could be up all night with what we are doing but don’t let that keep you two up. You can sleep in any room you choose, I am sure that we can find places to sleep when the time comes.” Hattie started to speak again about them all being up to late but Jeanette reached over and touched her arm. Hattie looked at her and they both smiled. “Okay missy if you need anything like tea or coffee just let us know.” Megan said okay and continued to her bedroom. She pulled the cedar chest from the closet and took the key that was around her neck, how fitting, like mother like daughter she thought, and unlocked the chest. Upon opening it she dug around among the odd things that she had stored and found the little box. It also had a lock and she had the small key for that in a dresser drawer so she removed the box and shut the chest and shoved it back into the closet. She retrieved the key and took the box and left the room. Passing through the kitchen, she said goodnight to Hattie and Jeanette and made her way back to the barn and down into the lab.

She sat the box on the center table and unlocked it. When she opened it, she removed the sealed packet that was under several keepsakes that her mother had given her when she was young. The box was 9” x 10” by 5” deep so the sealed packet was 7” x 9”. She laid it on the table and closed the box. She had placed the packet in the box, shortly after her parents had disappeared, and never opened it. Her mother had told her to keep secret things in the box and at some time in the future she would know when to unveil certain items. Now seemed like the time to do just that. She took the scalpel that Hanna had used to scrape the scales from the fish and sliced the top of the packet open. Galia came over and watched her open the packet. “This must be the right time then?” “Yes Galia, when I saw mother open the cabinet with that special key, something opened up in me and I heard mother’s words.” She turned the packet up so the contents would fall out and folded up letters came out first and them a soft leather pouch that was tied closed with a softer piece of string leather. She picked the pouch up and undid the string tie and turned it upside down. A key slipped out and lay on the table. Hanna and the two boys had gotten up and moved around the table as Megan opened things up. “Well now, that looks just like the key Marni had around her neck.” “Yes when I first saw it in the video it stirred my memory. Mother had told me that she placed secrets in this box when she gave it to me just before they left and told me that there would be a time when I would know to open it.” The pouch was not empty and two more keys fell out. One had a small tag on it and Galia’s name was written in the old language on it. Megan reached down and picked it up and handed it to Galia. “You know how momma was always making us look for things and she would give us clues, well here is a good one for you.” She picked up the other small key and it had her name on it in the same ancient language.

Megan walked to the cabinet and pushed the big skeleton key into the lock hole. It slid in smoothly and she turned it. They all heard the sound of the lock click and the cabinet door cracked open. Megan pulled it open with the key and inside was the thermos and two small boxes. Megan took the thermos and looked at Galia. “You want to bring those?” Galia moved to the cabinet and retrieved the two small boxes. Megan sat the thermos down next to the other containers of dried plants and fruits. She moved back to the shelves where all the plants had been stored and retrieved a white porcelain bowl and pedestal and brought them to the table. “I think we have everything we need so let’s watch mother make this drink.” Hanna had picked up the thermos and was studying a picture with some alien symbols above it that had been carved into the metal or so it seemed. The picture showed a human at one side of a clear depiction of a bridge. On the other side of the bridge was a picture of a dolphin or so it would seem. Above the bridge was a symbol that resembled a round globe that had what looked like squiggly lines radiating from it and under it between the globe and the bridge was something that looked like powder or some kind of granules falling. The thermos was a stainless steel like material and the symbol had a color of bluish white as the powder did. Hanna made a connection to what Marni had said about the star people and the man that took them into the dreamtime as she called it. The other small symbols looked like plants of some kind and were colored a light green of some kind that could not be recognized until one was up close to the container. There were a couple of symbols that were very faint so she had to hold the thermos up closer to her eyes and then saw what looked like fish. She sat the thermos down and moved back to the computer.

“Jannali showed us how to prepare these plants. He said that this
combination was only used to help cause a physical change to the
human body. He told us that it had only been used when a man or woman
wanted to become a different being and that it had to be mixed in certain
ways for certain beings. He said that many of his people would change in
the past and they would go to other worlds where the beings inhabited them.
He showed us how to change into the water beings and gave us this
container for that specific transformation. We saw other containers that
were used for other transformations. The contents in this container is
specifically used to bridge the world between land and water.”

They all watched as Marni took what looked like a measuring cup or scoop and placed some of the plant materials and fruit from each beaker, one at a time, into the scoop and dumped it into the bowl. Once she had done this with all the ingredients she began to use the pedestal and grind it all together. Once this was done she dumped the bowl into a pot of water that was sitting over a Bunsen burner and turned it on. She had a small tube that she put the scales of the two fish in and added some fluid. She then put the tube into the centrifuge that sat at the end of the table and turned it on. Megan looked around the lab shelves and asked “what is that fluid that mother added to the tube just before she turned on the centrifuge?” Hanna paused, the video while Megan asked her question. “That dear girl is what is called a binding catalyst that is used to bind two different organic compounds together. Say for instance to different DNA examples.” She stood up and moved to the water can and filled a large glass with the sea water. Devlin did the same thing and they both drank deeply. Hanna walked around the table and over to the shelving units and began to exam the contents. She stopped and reached around some jars that were sitting on the front of a middle shelf and brought out a capped bottle with a clear fluid in it. The bottle had a small label with the word “CAT” written on it.
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

Hanna came back to the computer after setting the bottle next to the other ingredients and resumed the video. Nathan and Devlin went up to the house to get some tea and coffee, Hattie and Jeanette had wondered off to bed but had left the back porch and the kitchen lights on. It was around midnight. The video resumed and the three women watched Marni mixing the drink. Hanna had rewound the video so they could watch the process a few times. Marni had explained the plants and the right amounts to mix together and had finally come to the thermos and opened it to mix whatever was in it to the drink. The pot was still cooking on the burner and she had taken the tube from the centrifuge and added it to the pot. As she opened the sealed lid of the thermos, they all saw a blue hazy light emerge. It looked like there was dust in the air and it sparkled in the bluish light.

“This special dust was given to us by Jannali as I have said. It does not
take much to add to this drink. Without this we would still be searching for
a final ingredient. As I have stated, when we found out just how simple this
was as an organic solution rather than all the chemical science, our minds
took awhile to adjust. When we were taken to the dolphin world in the
dreamtime, Jannali brought this back and gave it to us. So just to say, The
dreamtime is in itself a bridge to other worlds where one can find star dust
to help the change. I am adding only enough to make me and Jubel walk
that bridge. Megan and Galia, I must tell you here in this video, that your
Father and I must leave and we cannot take you with us because it is to
Dangerous. When you see this video if it does not get destroyed, you will
Know how we now live in two worlds and it will be in the future, when it is
most safe that we will find you again. Hattie will tell you, when you become
old enough, what she will know and in the diary are the keys to unlocking
this video and others that Jubel and I have made. You have been in this lab
and know how to get in and what to do when the time is right. We love you
both very much. You will also find other clues to where we are and if you
so desire to cross the bridge you will most likely find us sooner. You must
find Jannali when the time is right. He will take you into the dreamtime.”

They all watched Marni take a small spoon and dip it into the thermos. She dropped one level spoon in the boiling pot and then put one more in. They could see the bluish haze and sparkles on the spoon and then the pot of boiling ingredients began to have the bluish haze and sparkles. Both girls had tears streaming down their cheeks as they watched their father and mother drink the bluish, sparkling drink. The video went dark and they all thought that was the end. Devlin and Nathan both hugged the girls when they stood up. They turned to move to the table and the video came back on. Hanna was getting ready to shut the file off when the video resumed. “This is wonderful, behold children, your parents have crossed the bridge.” They all turned around and came close to the computer monitor. Marni and Jubel stood, holding hands and smiling into the camera. Their eyes were a deep blue and the gills were quite visible. The video played for another 30 seconds as they saw Marni reach out and turn it off.

Hanna turned the file off and then the computer. She stood up and stretched. “I think we could resume Megan’s journey across the bridge later today don’t you think?” Everyone agreed and they all made their way up to find places to sleep. Megan approached Galia and asked “will you send Devlin and me to the beach?” Devlin had retrieved a sleeping bag and was standing behind her. Galia looked at her and then at Nathan. Hanna was smiling as she made her way toward the house. Galia hugged her sister and then Devlin and touched both of them. On the beach, the slight sparkle appeared as two people appeared. Devlin took Megan and they both walked up close to the bush and lay down. Out in the ocean, two beings had seen the sparkling on the beach and watched the two humans make their way to the resting place. Fairly quickly there were others and they spread out and began to play in the shallower waters closer in to the beach. Devlin and Megan became connected as one and the stars seemed to move as the world spun in its miniscule position of the universe. Life found an opening to experience a new form as the ocean waves sounded a rhythmic beating between the waters and the land.

Devlin awoke to the dolphins singing. He smiled and turned to look at his true love. She was lying in perfect peace with the universe. The dolphins were singing about the waters and the winds stirring and he could hear them talking about the bridge that the little mother must cross and the new life that would soon bring news of their home world. He looked at the ocean and saw the waves getting bigger as they rolled into the land and splashed on it. He bent back and kissed Megan. Her eyes opened and she smiled. “The ocean is becoming restless this morning, would you like to go in before we call Galia to bring us back?” “Yes darling lets go see the family.” They climbed from the sleeping bag and made their way to the water and waded out until they could dive under. The waves splashed against them and they dove into them. The family of dolphins was waiting for them and surrounded them as they all welcomed each other and frolicked about until the two humans said farewell and swam back to the beach. Devlin rolled up the sleeping bag while Megan spoke to her sister. Not long after, Galia appeared and smiled at both of them. “You ready for some breakfast, Jeanette and Hattie have cooked up some delicious food and have been setting the table for all of us.” “Yes let’s go eat.”

Hanna had filled the tub in the bathroom with the sea water and fell asleep with the water covering her. When she woke she climbed out and dressed and went out to the living room. Galia and Nathan had wrapped themselves together on the big sofa after they unfolded it into a bed. She smiled at that and moved to the kitchen where Jeanette and Hattie were sitting at the table drinking coffee. “That smells good.” “Help yourself deary, we are going to start breakfast shortly but I think the other two young ones are somewhere else so we’ll wait for those two to get awake and see what happens.” Hanna poured herself a cup of the delicious brew and sat down with Jeanette and Hattie. “Today, Megan is going to cross a bridge. I believe her and Devlin may have gone to the beach last night.” Jeanette smiled at that and said “yes I would say that Galia sent them there and she should be the one to go and get them.” Today was going to be full of laughter and good things, Hanna thought and she just smiled while she sipped on the coffee. Galia rolled over and sat up. Nathan opened his eyes and said “you going to go bring them back?” “Yes Megan is asking.” She got up and moved toward the bedroom wing as Nathan swung his legs over and sat up on the side of the couch bed. “There is some hot coffee so get up and we’ll get the breakfast started.” Jeanette had already pealed some potatoes and was dicing them up along with fresh green onions and other vegetables. Hattie had gone out earlier and gathered a basket of eggs. When Galia came back out to the living room she said she was going to get Megan and Devlin and would be back shortly. “Okay, we will start the cooking part so don’t be long.” Everyone got a good laugh from that as Galia just disappeared and reappeared with Megan and Devlin
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

Megan picked up the drink and looked at the sparkling blue essence. She was thinking of how an Alka-Seltzer fizzed and sparkle bubbles only this drink had little lights in a blue haze. Hanna had mixed the potion exactly has they had watched Marni mix it, only added enough dust for three and now they were all watching as she held up her cup and said cheers. She drank the small cup down and sat down. No one knew what the reaction would be because the video had gone dark when Marni drank the potion. Hanna filled a cup for herself and drank it. Devlin did not have time to halt her because he was watching Megan. Nathan had barely seen Hanna drink the potion. She sat down very quickly and looked at everybody, “I had to be the one to try this, because if it works then Devlin and I will be able to live on the land for longer periods of time.” The first reaction they all noticed shortly was Megan’s eye’s turning blue. It was amazing to witness. Hanna’s eyes turned blue right after Megan’s and she asked it Megan was getting any ill or otherwise feelings. Megan started to say something and disappeared. Galia was the first to notice and turned herself into the universe. She had thought that Megan moved away from the time plane but in the universe was not where Megan had gone.

When Megan disappeared and then Galia did also, Hanna was next. Devlin and Nathan both stood in the lab in utter surprise. Galia reappeared and looked around. She was in surprise also. The three of them sat down. “What do we do now?” “I don’t know, mother did not show us what happened in between her transformation. She and father did come back, if they went anywhere because she stood there, on the video and you all saw her deep blue eyes, before she turned off the camera. We wait then.”

On a distant blue planet with patches of land, two women materialized. Megan was first with Hanna materializing just a few seconds later. They both stood and gazed at the lush jungle and turned to see the clear blue ocean. As they both stared at the water another human figure came out of the water and walked straight toward them. In the water behind him they could see a large family of dolphins jumping out of the water and frolicking around. The human man walked up to them and stopped. “Welcome to Nani – Kai - Kale. I see you have taken the star dust and began your journey across the bridge. We are the Ohana of many species, the family of our world. It is mostly water but we also inhabit the lands or what lands we have. You must complete your journey before you return to your home world. Once you complete the journey you are more than welcome to live on this world. May I ask what world it is that you are traveling from?” Hanna looked at the man and noticed his deep blue eyes and the gills at the base of his neck. “We are from a planet called earth in the sol solar system within the Milky Way galaxy.” “Ah yes, we have many good folks living here from that world.” Megan asked the man “how do we complete our journey and where is this bridge you speak of kind sir?” “Oh you can call me Harvey, I once lived on the world you come from and elected to come here and live. From time to time I go back to visit but it is very dangerous there still so I have not been back for awhile now. The bridge, hmmm, I think you are on the bridge as I see that you have swallowed the star dust. That is the beginning. You see, this land is part of the bridge and you must now go into the waters and meet other Ohana who will help you to understand your existence in two different worlds. You can then go back to Earth if you wish and all that requires is for you think about someone you know there. You see, once you have crossed the bridge it is quite easy to move between worlds.”

Megan looked at Hanna and at the man. One of the dolphins jumped out of the water and swam close to the beach. The two women clearly heard him or her speak. “Harvey, bring the travelers across.” Harvey turned and said “yes Fau’trie, we are coming now.” He turned back and said “follow me and I can get you on your way to the other side.” They walked to the water and stopped. Harvey looked at Hanna. “You have walked partially across the bridge before but you did not take the star dust then so you could not fully complete your journey. What ever it was that you took to start your journey before was flawed but it allowed you to breathe the life fluid. Now that you have taken the star dust it will heal you and allow you to complete the trip.” With that he turned and waded into the water and Hanna and Megan followed. Their journey into the oceans and meeting the many different species showed them great wonders and they reached the other side of the bridge. Malta showed them back to the land place they started from and told them that they could now walk freely over the bridge and move to other worlds by merely visualizing where they had been before.

It had not been more than 5 minutes, or so it seemed, when Megan and Hanna disappeared. They both reappeared and had very big smiles on their faces. Their skin appeared to be radiating a bluish tint that began to fade away as they stood in front of Galia, Nathan and Devlin. Shortly, their eyes were all that was blue. Hanna immediately poured a cup of the potion that was left and handed it to Devlin. “You must drink this; it will only help you cross the bridge.” They all could see the gills on Megan and there was a difference in Hanna’s gills. Devlin brought the drink to his mouth and sipped it. He promptly sat down and Megan moved to his side. She took his hands as he stood up and they both disappeared. On the distant blue world, Megan led Devlin across the bridge. He met the family of beings, the Ohana and was told the same things that Hanna and Megan had been told. They both returned to the land and disappeared and reappeared back in the lab
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

52 FAREWELL

Nathan had driven Jeanette and Hattie down to the store. Galia, Megan and Hanna had opened up other files on Marni’s computer and were watching how she had created the biological cloak and other organic potions that would help mankind in all sorts of health and wellness issues. A lot of these actually were derived from the aborigines who had been using them for many hundreds of years. Galia and Megan both knew that their mother could do certain things like disappearing and the making of the cloak through organic means clearly showed how she was able to do that. The video showed extensive writing and formulas and they all wondered where all this material was stored beside on the video. There were books or notebooks full of science. Hanna and Megan both began to search around the lab to see if they could find any of the material. Megan even showed Hanna how to access the secret hatch to the tunnel at the back of the energy room. Galia went up to get some cold drinks and grab a bite.

Devlin had left earlier, when Nathan had taken Hattie and Jeanette down to the store, to go and see if he could find Timoth and the rest of pigs. He walked through the field behind the barn and entered the forest. He was heading for the meadow that Galia and Megan told him about. The walk through the forest was cool and quiet. He followed a well worn path that surely had been made by Megan and Galia and even the pigs over the years. It was mid afternoon and the sun was shining brightly on the rather large meadow when he came through the trees. The flowers were drying up and the grass was turning a slight brownish color as the season was shifting into the autumn. He stopped and looked around at the expanse of the meadow and smiled. The path continued toward the center perhaps so he continued to walk. He could feel the sun on his skin but it did not seem to be drying him like it used to. He had brought a canteen of sea water as it was an inborn thing to do. Walking through the grass on the path he finally came to a small rise and the grass was shorter with much more flowers of all kinds of varieties. The rise had a leveled area at the top so he made his way up to it. He sort of expected to find the herd at that place but when he reached it there was no sign of them. He stood and began to look in a 360 degree view. It was to the west and up against the forest that he finally spotted the herd. They all seemed to be lying down. It was almost hard to spot them at first due to the higher grass.

Devlin looked into the sky and saw a flock of carrion birds circling above where the pigs were lying. The feeling he had, was of dismay. He hurried down the slope and waded through the tall grass. As he approached the herd, some of them looked at him but did not get up. He came upon the flattened out area of grass that the pigs were lying in and noticed Timoth lying in the center as the others had circled around him. He immediately understood that Timoth had left his corporeal body. He slowly moved to Timoth’s body and kneeled down. He touched Timoth and spoke in the mind to Megan.

Galia was carrying a basket of fresh fruit and sandwiches along with a large jug of Iced tea into the barn when Megan came rushing out. Galia could see the tears running from her eyes. “What’s wrong?” Megan just looked at her and continued around the barn and straight into the field. Hanna had come up behind Megan and was now standing at the barn door entrance. She quickly moved to Galia and took the basket and jug from her. “Go with your sister, she will need you, hurry.” Galia looked into Hanna’s eyes and could only see sorrow. She rushed along the side of the barn and into the field. Megan was already disappearing into the forest. Galia knew with instinct where she was going and continued along the path.

Galia caught up to Megan at the top of the rise where she would sun gaze. Both girls had stopped and looked to the west. They both saw Devlin standing close to the tree line and hurried down the rise. Galia had guessed what was wrong without reading Megan’s mind. She already had a feeling that morning that something was wrong with the pigs. She had felt the complete loss in Timoth’s being when Eliphal had been taken away. As they approached Devlin they both saw Timoth’s body lying in the center of the other pigs. All of them were lying with their heads on the ground and the mourning was palatal. They both moved to the center and Devlin caught Megan in his arms as she fell with such sorrow. The loss and sorrow was welling up and she began to sob with wracking sounds. All Devlin could do was hold her. Galia had managed to kneel and touch Timoth. Her sorrow was in check but she knew she would burst with it. She held it in for now and waited for Megan to grieve. Megan finally kneeled down and laid her head against Timoth’s side. She cried loudly and then silently and finally after a while she was spent. With a whisper she said “farewell my lovely friend, I, we will miss you dearly. She sat back up and looked at Galia. “Will you send his body to be with Eliphal’s?” “Yes” and with that Galia reached out and touched the body and it disappeared. Galia reached over to Megan and took her hands. “Come sister, it is time for you and Devlin to complete your journeys and it must be with your baby. She will grow very fast and be part of the children of paradise and the guide on the bridge between worlds. Galia had said these words as she could see the future. She stood up and Megan stood with her and then turned into Devlin’s arms. Galia stood and said “fare thee well Timoth and Eliphal.” All the pigs stood up and slowly formed a line as they walked toward the barn. The humans walked slowly behind the line of pigs and it looked as if a funeral procession was in progress.
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

53 THE STAR PEOPLE and KANGAROOS

It had been two months since Megan had crossed the bridge between worlds and she, Devlin and Hanna had left the farm to explore other places. Galia had felt emptiness at first but Nathan filled her with love. He had moved to the farm and they both took care of the pigs and other animals as the winter months passed by. The passing of Timoth had been very hard for both her and Megan and especially Megan. They both come to realize that Eliphal and Timoth had been bonded and when Eliphal moved from this plane, Timoth had to move also to find his mate. They had fond memories of when Timoth first came to the farm and all the wonderful things he had done in his short time of existence on this plane. Nathan and Galia had taken over, running the farm and still found time to take care of Hattie’s store and house as well as the cottage that his mother lived in.

Nathan had purchased two horses and a milk cow soon after he had moved to the farm. Jeanette had given a large sum of monies to both of them and it had been used to expand the farm. The pigs had become quite the family and Timoth 2 had mated with one of the females and there were 3 little pigs running around now. One day in the beginning of the winter, Thomas and Helga had offered to give them two goats and Galia was thrilled. Nathan built some pens for them and soon the barn was full of animals. The chickens thought they were the boss of the roost but the pigs would set them in their place. When the goats arrived it was a real push as to who was the boss of the barn but it all turned out well in the end after a few spats between the pigs and the goats. Nathan had purchased fence material and hired a couple of farm boys from up the road to help him build a fence around the big field behind the barn. He made sure that gates were constructed so they could get to the big meadow and planned to build more fence around some of the other fields. He figured the animals needed lots of room and he was going to make sure that they could access it. He also knew the Roo’s and the wallaby’s crossed the land and even grazed as they moved across it on their way back and forth from the mountains to the ocean. He did not want to keep them from doing that and one day while he and the two boys were beginning to build the fence around the far west field he had two encounters that changed his mind about building to many fences.

He was coming back to the far west field from the house with some sandwiches that Galia had prepared and some hot drinks as the air was quite chilly, when he ran into a group of Roo’s. The Roo’s had seen him coming before he saw them and had stopped their movement and were watching him as he walked the path. They were in the large meadow that he would traverse through on his way to the forest and then into the west field beyond. He was making his way to the sun gazing knoll, as it had been named, when he caught the movement in the northern part of the meadow. He stopped and then saw two joeys moving closer to their mothers. He continued to walk to the knoll and climbed to the top. He then sat down and proceeded to watch the Roo’s. He could see at least two females and one male as well as the two joeys. The Roo’s did not advance but continued to mill around munching on the tender winter flowers, herbs and sweet grass as they wearily watched him.

As he sat quietly and watched the Roo’s, soon they began to move once more but appeared to be heading straight for him. The joeys were jumping around and scooting in circles around their mothers. Nathan finally saw another male leave the tree line and hop to the rest of the group. He could now see at least two males and two females and two joeys. The group approached to the bottom of the knoll and stopped. They all looked up at him. He just looked back at them and then thought he might be able to talk to them. “Hello.” The big male that was standing closest to him took two hops up the slope and stopped. Why are you making a barrier to keep us from traveling between our mountain forest’s and the great waters? Nathan heard the voice in his mind and was surprised. This Roo could communicate with him in the telepathic way and he could understand. I am only making the barrier in certain areas to let our other friends that live with us have more room. The big Roo cocked his head sideways and then said you would create barriers for your friends? Do your friends agree to be confined and not free? The question felt like a kick in the gut to Nathan as his thoughts were opened. The very idea of fencing in the animals or friends as he had clearly stated was something that he had not thought about even though the pigs were never fenced in and yet stayed on the farm and always came to the barn when it was night time or main feeding time.

The big male Roo turned his head and looked to the west. Nathan could hear the two boys coming through the forest as they walked toward him. Nathan had turned to see the two boys exit from the forest into the meadow and heard Peter Robertson say in a loud voice “Hey Nathan, there you are, we were getting hungry.” Nathan turned back to see the big male hopping back to his group. He thought to stop building the fence in the far pasture for now. He wanted to talk with the Roo again and tell him that he would not fence off their pathway to the mountains. Peter and Oscar trudged up the slope and sat down. Peter looked around and spotted the Roo’s standing close to the tree line. “Looks like the Roo’s are traveling back to the forests in the mountains. You know they come through here on a regular basis and we see them up on our farm also.” Hey you brought some chow for us huh; we worked up quite an appetite building the section of fence.” Nathan barely heard him talking as his mind was clearly locked into the conversation he had with the big male. He turned and finally said “yes help yourselves, Galia made a bunch of sandwiches and the thermos has hot coffee. There is also some iced tea in the jug. I think you boy’s can quit for the day. In fact I think we will not build any more fences in that pasture for now. I’ll pay you up when we get back to the house.” Both boys looked at each other while they ate and Oscar asked “You want us to bring all the fencing materials back to the barn then?” “Yes of course, I am just a little preoccupied. How about you two come over in the morning and we can haul all of the materials back then.” Peter looked at him and then back over to the Roo’s. “My dad has a small tractor with a trailer and I think we can drive it over there if we go around the meadow to the south end. That will allow us to get most of it in one big haul rather than walking back and forth like we did before. We built only a small part of that fence this morning and do you want us to take it down?” “The tractor sounds good and no you can leave that piece of fence up. I will do something with it later. I really appreciate you boys helping me to build that fence in the field behind the barn and all and I sure could use your help on other things in the future. I know you both have to get back to school so we’ll talk this summer.

The boys had finished eating and Nathan told them to talk to Galia when they reached the house so they could get paid. Tell her that I will be along later will you?” The boys left him and he sat on the knoll watching the Roo’s still grazing close to the tree line. He had sat and watched them eat for a good hour and noticed them moving slowly closer to him. The big male that had approached him the first time had wandered more to the west and disappeared into the forest a short while earlier. His attention was caught on the females and the other male as well as the Joey’s and he fully intended to tell them that they would not be fenced off from their regular pathway to the mountains.

The Big Male had walked through the forest into the big field beyond. He saw the small piece of barrier and the other parts that would make more barriers. He was sure that the human would not create the barrier to block him and his group off but he wanted to talk with the human again. It was rare or so it seemed that a human could understand him and his species other than the blue eyed ones that had always understood him. His group traveled over the mountains and would go into the places beyond on the other side and they had crossed another place where the humans could talk with him and his group. They had two females and 5 males. Three of them were joeys and it was a wonder when they would enter their lands. Even the barkers were pleasant. That group did not create barriers to keep him and his group from grazing and traveling
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

Nathan was watching the joeys bounce around and chase each other as the group moved closer to him. He could see them munching on the sweet grasses and herbs that grew in the meadow. The far west field where he had planned to build a fence around had sweet grass and herbs also. He wanted to use it for the cow and horses and the goats to graze. His thinking of enclosing them was dashed by the talk from the Roo earlier. He knew that Megan and Galia had never really fenced any part of their farm and it really did not matter with the pigs and chickens. The horses and the cow could be a different matter but he wondered, if he could communicate with the Kangaroo’s, why couldn’t he communicate with the other animals. The only thing he would have to be concerned about would be the predators that might try to take the horses and the cow, but then again, the chickens and pigs never seemed to be bothered and he was sure they roamed the areas quite often. His thoughts were concentrated on the group and his other animals when he was startled by the big male’s voice in his mind. You have started to make a barrier in the big place on the far side of the trees. Nathan almost jumped up. He did not know where the big male was but his thought speaking sounded very close.

Nathan turned around and fell back two steps. The big male was standing so close that when he turned he almost bumped against him. It took him a minute to bring his composure back. Hello again. My name is Nathan. The big male leaned back and appeared to rest on his tail. Nathan sat down and spoke yes I was going to build a barrier around that big pasture but now, since you have talked to me, I have decided not too. The Roo looked at him and then seemed to be looking past him. He heard the rustling of the grass and then the joeys bounded by him. He slowly turned and saw that the group had come up the slope and was now, semi surrounding him. The one in front spoke to him again. We are glad that you will not create a barrier. Where is the human female that comes here? We see her lying on this place when the bright light is high. Nathan understood that he was talking about Megan. This was her place to come and “sun gaze” as Galia had told him. She has gone to the big waters to have her Joey. That was all Nathan could think of saying at that moment. He felt the touch from one of the Roo’s and turned to look right into the eyes of one of the females. Will she bring her Joey to this place when her time comes? Nathan smiled and was amazed that he could talk with these folks and they would talk with him. I do not know although I am fairly certain that she and her mate will come here some time. I and my mate will come here often and we will be together. Both females moved closer to him and it seemed to him that they had smiles on their faces. The one that touched him spoke, I am called Nomusa and our leader is called Khulu. These are names given to us by the blue eyes. They are the humans that have lived here before others came. They talk to us and we talk to them. Khulu could see that you can talk to us and us to you when he first saw you. We saw another female here with the first one, is she still around? She is my mate and is still here.

Khulu said the other female can talk to us and she hears us when we talk. We have met before and she is glad to see us. She is like the blue eyes in many ways, are you also like her and the blue eyes? Nathan thought he might understand what Khulu was telling him about being like the blue eyes. He was not sure about what the blue eyed folk could do but it was a safe bet that they were thought of as being magical. She and I are alike in many ways. I am not sure how the blue eyes are and what they can do but Galia and I can do magical things also. Nomusa moved close the Khulu and they both looked at him deeply. You then speak of “Gyel-AYSH”? Yes, I suppose that is her name in the old Scottish language. This is the name she has given us when she was still a Joey. She told us that it meant a bright swan. We did not understand swan but we do know what is bright. We could see brightness in her being when we first saw her, and then she told us what a swan is and we understood.

Nathan had to smile and he felt the love well up inside his spirit as Khulu and Nomusa both spoke of Galia and how she had talked with them and them to her when she was younger. He started to speak when Galia suddenly appeared. She was standing next to him and sat down promptly. Hello Khulu and Nomusa, I am very happy to see you. With that she reached out her left hand and waited for Khulu to take it. He did with one of his fore arms and she smiled deeply. Nomusa had been squatting and stood up straight and held both of her fore arms out. Galia giggled and stood to move to the female and hugged her. Are these two joeys yours? No, they are Mauii’s, I am with my own and she will be coming soon. We are so glad that you continue to use this land as you move back and fourth. Nathan has told me that he will not build any more barriers out here. They all sat on the knoll and talked for awhile while the joeys hopped around and finally the Roo’s said it was time to move up the slopes of the mountains. Farewells were expressed and they parted company.

It was mid-after noon and Galia and Nathan were going to go to the beach for awhile when they both noticed a small group of aborigines walking out of the North tree line and straight for them. As they approached Galia was the first to notice the blueness of their eyes. “The star people,” she said in a quiet voice. They both stood on the knoll and waited for the men and women to reach them. It seemed like they might be meandering like the Roo’s first did but all of a sudden, Galia and Nathan were surrounded by the people. The man standing directly in front of them stood slightly less than 2 meters in height, his skin was a rich dark brown; his hair was semi-long and a pure blond color. His eyes were what captivated both Nathan and Galia; they were a deep blue but seemed to shine with bright light. The man smiled and sat down in front of them. He gestured for them both to sit down. They both looked around and the rest of the people had already sat down in what appeared to be a ring formed around them. The both sat down with their attention placed squarely on the man in front of them. The ring of people circled the crest of the knoll with the one that was in front of them sitting close to the North bank.
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

When the man spoke, his voice was rich with the aborigine slang but perfectly understandable. “I am the one whom you were told about by the red haired women that traveled to distant lands and times with me. Her man accompanied us and we visited many places in the dreamtime that knows no time as this plane. We have watched you two, travel in the no time also and you have not required the drink we make for others. The woman and the man were searching for a bridge between the lands and the waters, between worlds. We helped them to find the crossings and they both did cross. Now they are travelers to other worlds and dimensions. You can go to anyplace, anywhere, anytime and yet you choose to come here to stay in between. I see that is good because I do the same. We are travelers also and still come here to spend most time. You see, time is a teacher of sorts and it can be most wonderful to be in between. There are many more that are like you that stay here in-between. Many of them are just young to this time although they come from no times, but they choose to come here to heal and correct the wrongs that have been created by forgetfulness. We are seeing many more come into the time now and are heartfelt that this in between will change to allow others to come and learn without suffering the complete wrongness.”

The man turned his full gaze on Nathan. “There is one that helped you along as you physically grew in this in between time. She is also a traveler but she was lost for some time.” He turned his gaze back to Galia and said “you seemed to help her gain back knowledge and now she is helping others to learn how to travel.” Galia knew he was speaking of Jeanette. Her thoughts were spinning around about there being others with abilities such as she and Nathan and Jeanette had. She always suspected that others could do the same things she could but it was so lonely living in this time where exposing any kind of difference could be dangerous to life. She knew Megan could read thoughts and even communicate but it was as if she closed off herself and it made her feel so alone for so long. When Devlin and Hanna came along it was as if Megan began to remember and open up again and now she crossed the bridge like their mother and father did and like Hanna and Devlin had started to and finally completed.

The blue eyed man looked into Galia’s eyes and it seemed that he could see into her deepest soul. She could almost see into his soul at the same time. “Yes, we are called the star people. I see your questions and you already know the answers. Yes I am called Jannali or that is what my people call me. Yes your mother, the red haired woman and your father asked me to look for you and the other one that stares at the star. We saw her often, staring at the star. Your mother called it “sun gazing” and we also look at the stars. We saw her go to the living being that is called Sol. That being is a leader or guide for the other beings in this system. They follow the Creators guidance. This great mother we live on in this time of in-between has been wounded and is being healed by the travelers that come here from the no time. You and this man are part of the travelers. There are many in this area now that have traveled back or into time to heal. They have been given a greater dreamtime by one that was awoken and made a weaving, a quilt, as it is said, a web so that all may join together. By the way, where is the other that sun gazed on this mound?”

Galia was so deep into the man’s thoughts and his telling that when he asked the question about where Megan might be, it took her off course and she felt like a runaway train trying to apply brakes or a ship trying to come to a stop in the ocean. She kept moving toward the question of where she could find her mother and father and was looking backward at the question of Megan’s where a bouts. She finally came to a stop and looked at the outer face of the man. He was smiling and she could see his white teeth almost shining. There would be no caution with this man, only trust. Her soul was open and completely exposed to this man and his family, or that is how she saw them. “Megan has crossed over the bridge and she is with her man and his mother in the waters or on other worlds as you say.” The man began to laugh and his family started to do the same. The laughter was one of joy and he calmed himself and said “Ah, the young one has followed in her mothers footsteps. You talk of a man and his mother who have also perhaps crossed the bridge between worlds. There are many who do this and have done it through out the time spans in this in-between place. We have brothers and sisters that cross bridges and go to other worlds to live. The dolphin people have a wonderful world and it has a very good bridge.”

Jannali turned his attention to Nathan and spoke directly to him. “I am very glad that you decided not to build the fence around that wonderful field over there. Khulu has told me that you will not build anymore fences or barriers as he calls them. This is good. The lands belong to mother earth and we are only given them to live on. When the humans erect barriers it causes a break between beings and its like being in a prison, if you know what I mean? Now that barrier you have erected in the field around the building where the other beings live is okay and I see that you have placed doorways in it so we may come and go to your home. The partial fence you have placed over there, and he pointed to the far west field, can be used by Khulu and his family to scratch themselves on and the joeys can play on it.” Nathan had to smile about what Jannali said and did a gesture of friendship by reaching out his hand to the man. Jannali reached out his hand and grasped Nathan’s and they both laughed with joy. Galia had to ask her question. “Can you tell us where my mother and father might be?” Jannali looked at her with a serious face and said “no, the last time I saw your mother and father they were in a very big hurry, they both had crossed the bridge but only told me that you and the other one would be looking for me in time. They told me that they had left you with the store woman and that very bad men were chasing them. I saw them go into the waters and that was all. They must have reasons to not find you yet, but all in time, as the saying goes. Now come, you must meet my family. We are on our way to a place called Harmony to meet other travelers.” Nathan and Galia met all the others and gave open welcomes to all anytime and watched them walk through the trees toward the west.

The winter months saw all of them spending time together. Nathan had continued to build better pens and coups in the barn and helped Galia till the ground for the big garden. This was the only other fence he built that winter. Galia had asked him to do it because she did not want the goats and pigs eating up the garden before it could grow to harvest. He spent time at Hattie and Jeanette’s fixing up the store and houses and ran to Paradise for supplies as needed. Hattie had asked Jeanette to be her partner in the business and the two were very close nit sisters. Jeanette began to help open Hattie’s mind to do things that she had forgot how to do in the time plane. Jannali and his family visited whenever they would traverse from the west to east and back. Khulu and Nomusa along with the others of the group would come through the west gate and graze the big field while visiting them. Nomusa had her Joey and the other animals all took to her right away.

Nathan and Galia had bonded and were taken into the universe. One day near the spring equinox, they both walked out to the knoll in the meadow and stood looking at the blooming signs of new life pushing forth from mother earth. Galia had her arm around Nathan as he did around her and she said “we should plan for a wedding out here. Jeanette and Hattie have been frothing at the bit, as the saying goes, for us to announce a wedding. I think they both have planned something wonderful for both of us and I have seen them talking in secret for at least the last month.” She turned to him and made him look at her. As she gazed into his eyes, she spoke in a small quiet voice, “I am pregnant.” Nathan just stared for a minute and then smiled. He hugged her and lifted her off the ground and let out a big happy yes. He was so happy he could not help himself and lifted off and they both floated up. Galia found herself laughing with joy and she felt the new life in her jump with joy. “We must tell mother and Hattie we are ready for the wedding and tell them they are going to be grandmas.” As soon as she said those words she then said “You know Megan was pregnant when she left and she told me that the baby would come sooner than the normal time and be born in the ocean. Hattie and Jeanette will have two grand children. Our child is going to be sooooo spoiled.”

Return to “Express yourself”