Secretive Servants

"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before."
-Edgar Allan Poe
Naga_Fireball

Secretive Servants

Post by Naga_Fireball »

About two years ago, a strange dream of transition.

I am aware that I am in a room. I'm on hands and knees, able to see the pattern in the pretty woolen rug. It is diamonds, lines, floral nonsense worked out in red, burgundy, and cream.

I look up and see a soft thin white privacy curtain such as a motel employs. Gentle but bright light enters through. I glance to the side and see yellowish lamplight that is pleasant enough but dull by comparison.

Suddenly I rise to my feet. In the process i see the shiny heels of patent leather shoes.

When I open the door, there is a secret service looking gentleman glancing at me over his shoulder, with a priceless Oh Shit! expression in his eyes.

He is middle aged, tall and fairly brawny, dressed in the neatest dark suit and tie with big white cuffs sticking out. He is Caucasian with dark eyes and a plain but handsome face.

As we gaze at each other he fidgets with an earpiece but is so surprised by me observing that there are no words.

It is a contingency he did not expect to deal with.
Then I wake up.
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper

Return to “Dream Journal”