Jacob's Ladder

"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before."
-Edgar Allan Poe
Naga_Fireball

Jacob's Ladder

Post by Naga_Fireball »

This dream, about four years ago.

When i open my eyes i see sunlit mountain peaks. They surround the area like the golden frame of a grand old painting. Scarlet, yellow, blue, green and purple hues lend a surreal grace. Almost hokey as if my mind is screaming, "it's a dream".

The rare dream that declares itself so to the dreamer.

My hand falls to rest on concrete(?) Marble (?) Stone(?). There is a waist high retaining wall and i am climbing Jacob's ladder -- thousands of feet in the air, suspended over the strange peaks.

Looking up through the space in the spiraling walls, I see deep indigo and violet where the stars become visible. What am I seeing? It is too high, too remote. I decide to look away from the overwhelming sight of the naked stars so I may climb higher.

But i am struck dumb and still, when I see a young man clutching the wall across from me as he descends..

He is tall and perfectly built, youthful serenity with the awareness of an eagle as his rich honey brown eyes meet mine. There are no words but i feel acknowledgement and peace along with love, trust, rapport, and fear.

His gaze I'd stronger than " bedroom eyes" and I know he sees everything in my heart.

It is my son coming down from heaven as i return.
He is my life and i am his, it is over so fast and I recall the vastness of space and the impossible height of the ladder, i wonder how long it will take and am awake. Still paralyzed by the look in those all seeing eyes
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper

Return to “Dream Journal”