20 Ways to be a Well-Rounded and Happy Human Being

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Spiritwind

20 Ways to be a Well-Rounded and Happy Human Being

Post by Spiritwind »

I received permission from this young up and coming author to repost this short list, as I thought it was pretty good. He has a lot of good ideas, and a thoughtful, deep, and insightful way of coming across, and tackling some tough subjects. Plus, he the son of a good friend of mine.

http://indestructibleideas.com/2015/11/ ... man-being/

20 Ways To Be A Well-Rounded and Happy Human Being by Gino Montessi

1. Make mistakes and learn from them, and don’t be too hard on yourself when you do.
2. Follow your passion and not money.
3. Try new things and embrace experiences. Personal growth comes from a variety of situations, both the good and bad.
4. Keep your lust for wander alive, life has the ability to try and kill it.
5. Don’t give weight to other people’s opinions.
1. They may mean well, they may not; but in the end, happiness is always going to be within you and not in external circumstances.
6. Be wary of religion and the 2-party system.
7. Keep your mind open to other ideas and be patient with minds that are closed.
8. Always help others, even those who want to bring you down.
9. Don’t waste away in traffic, wait until it passes.
10. Avoid people who carry negative energy. Accepting them doesn’t mean you have to be around them.
11. Don’t let anyone block your shine.
12. Don’t strive to “be someone”, just “be”. Who cares what flower you are so long as you are growing.
13. Remember, hurtful words to you are never about you, but about the person spewing those words, never take it personally.
14. Most of the time it’s not WHAT you say but HOW you say it.
15. Never stop working on emotional intelligence, that will get you farther in life than the intelligence you acquire in school.
16. Take care of your health in simple ways; stretch, breathe, and drink water.
17. Focus on your strengths and not your weaknesses.
18. Organize your dreams, otherwise they will dissipate into the fog.
19. Nap often, love often, and read often.
20. Most importantly, don’t follow the crowd because the destination will always be the same.
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....

Return to “Wisdom - KnowThySelf”