I want to know: "The Invitation"

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Exit-0

Re: I want to know: "The Invitation"

Post by Exit-0 »

Letting-go and forgetting have the same linguistic connotations. Twenty years of forgetting hasn't stopped the recall one has at the slightest hint of an abstract trigger mechanism.

"Self-forgiveness", on the other hand, is difficult to comprehend when one perceives no guilt.
They say everything can be replaced,
Yet every distance is not near.
So I remember every face
Of every man who put me here.
I see my light come shining
From the west onto the east.
Any day now, any day how,
I shall be released.

They say every man needs protection,
They say every man must fall.
Yet I swear I see my reflection
Some place so high above this wall.
I shall be released.

Standing next to me in this lonely crowd,
Is a man who swears he's not to blame.
All day long I hear him shout so loud,
Crying out that he was framed.
I shall be released." - Bob Dylan
My agenda is to shine the light on the darkness that pervades this reality, for only through enlightenment shall we all be released.
Last edited by Exit-0 on Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
heyokah

Post by heyokah »

....for only through enlightenment shall we all be released.
Who wouldn't agree with that one.

But en-light-en oneself first :)
Last edited by heyokah on Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

Ha, here lies the twixt between the two. Forgetting is not letting go... remembering who you are is letting go. There are layers of false belief still obscuring. And Yes! In the end you will find there was never anything to forgive.

Exit-0, I know the above words bring little solace to a broken heart, to you I would say; allow your self to feel the totality of the pain, for not is wrought in duality that does not have its equal and polar opposite. My own passage has been and continues to be "through" my broken heart, my heart breaks daily, just as it is right now feeling you, knowing you.

So friend you stand at the threshold of your Self... how wondrous, let go. There are those who come into our lives to usher us along, I have been blessed with many.

Exit-0 wrote:Letting-go and forgetting have the same linguistic connotations. Twenty years of forgetting hasn't stopped the recall one has at the slightest hint of an abstract trigger mechanism.

"Self-forgiveness", on the other hand, is difficult to comprehend when one perceives no guilt.
They say everything can be replaced,
Yet every distance is not near.
So I remember every face
Of every man who put me here.
I shall be released.

They say every man needs protection,
They say every man must fall.
Yet I swear I see my reflection
Some place so high above this wall.
I shall be released.

Standing next to me in this lonely crowd,
Is a man who swears he's not to blame.
All day long I hear him shout so loud,
Crying out that he was framed.
I shall be released." - Bob Dylan
My agenda is to shine the light on the darkness that pervades this reality, for only through enlightenment shall we all be released.
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Pluto's Child

Post by Pluto's Child »

Exit-0 wrote: I want anyone among us to tell me how one forgives, after one is left sitting in the bombed-out rubble of their once-happy life, holding-on to nothing but the dead memories of all that used to be? ....with a gaping hole in their chest, where a heart once resided?

Forget at best.... but forgive? Hardly any left standing have that capacity....
Seeing as we don't know each other I can have a go at this, because it's one of those things that is too spikey, raw & dangerous for a friend to risk tackling head on.

This is from one human being to another for what we are.

Neither "forget" or "forgive" are mental or emotional places conducive to healing, they are too wrapped up in baggage & connotations, don't forget any thing, that is you, your life, your experiences, the good, the bad & the happy & the sad,..... what it brings up emotionally will slowly change with time & the shift in perspective that comes from wisdom hard won.

Forgiveness as the "christian concept" we have as part of our culture is a very toxic cup, trying to hold contradictory emotions is just not healthy, it's called a "double bind" and causes more problems in this world than can be imagined...you are not a "bad person" to hold anger, and it's much healthier to accept the anger & release it than to swallow it down because "that's just not what you are".

I can only guess at what has happened, but terrible things happen only to exceptional people, things they don't think they can get over, but they can because they are more than they think & they always find & are guided to what they need to move forward, to become more than they were.

How do I know this ?

Because the pain that you feel is testament to the love that you are.
maggie

Post by maggie »

heyokah wrote:.....

It doesn't interest me what you do for a living.
I want to know what you ache for,
And if you dare to dream of meeting
Your heart's longing.

It doesn't interest me how old you are.
I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool
For love, for your dream,
For the adventure of being alive.

It doesn't interest me what planets are squaring your moon.
I want to know if you have touched the center of your own sorrow,
If you have been opened by life's betrayals,
Or have become shriveled and closed from fear of further pain.

I want to know if you can sit with pain,
Mine or your own,
Without moving
To hide it or fade it or fix it.

I want to know if you can be with joy,
Mine or your own,
If you can dance with wildness and let the ecstasy fill you to the tips of your fingers and toes
Without cautioning us to be careful, be realistic, to remember the limitations of being human.

It doesn't interest me if the story you are telling me is true.
I want to know if you can disappoint another to be true to yourself,
If you can bear the accusation of betrayal and not betray your own soul.
I want to know if you can be faithless and therefore be trustworthy.

I want to know if you can see beauty
Even when it is not pretty every day,
And if you can source your own life
From its presence.

I want to know if you can live with failure,
Yours and mine,
And still stand on the edge of a lake and shout to the silver of the full moon,
"Yes!"

It doesn't interest me to know where you live or how much money you have.
I want to know if you can get up after the night of grief and despair,
Weary and bruised to the bone,
And do what needs to be done for the children.

It doesn't interest me who you are, how you came to be here.
I want to know if you will stand
In the center of the fire with me
And not shrink back.

It doesn't interest me where or what or with whom you have studied.
I want to know what sustains you
From the inside
When all else falls away.

I want to know if you can be alone
With yourself,
And if you truly like the company you keep
In the empty moments

-Oriah Mountain Dreamer
I don't know about other people but for ME, this invitation is more than about who we are by ourselves? It speaks of "who I AM" with "who YOU are".

I would love to be in that level of intimate relationship IF there is a trust underlying it that one is with "family" and would not be outcast.
Actually I am not sure that I have any family at the moment. I have acquaintances.

The last few years, I have been attempting to find my own bearings and met someone who was in my mind and heart obsessively for a few years. He has extraordinary and unique qualities.

I could not tell if he was a saint or a sociopath. I just kept being confused. I still am confused about this issue.....maybe there is a set of valuables IN what is called sociopathy and an unwillingness to bend to another's expectations? It is not an issue except when one gets attached to the other person and wants something. We can get no "validation" and WE go off of our center trying IMO (another thread for that maybe?)

Actually a learning from the saga was that There was the dance between us and it had steps.

At first I gave a lot trying to show my love. When I got nothing back that "looked right", I thought I was at fault and tried harder, obscessed more. That ran its course. Then I stopped wanting to give. It is true I still obscessed over the emotional attachment. I was no longer dancing and We drifted away. Then he came back (the cat came back) claiming he missed me, loved me and wanted us to be together. Then....

I suppose the man missed what I had given but I was no longer inclined to give that. I was not attractive I'll admit but I was not as glamorized and knew I wanted to know he valued ME, not what I did. You could say my trigger is that I want to be loved for my very quirkiness I can't love yet.... so unbalanced in giving and receiving. So much fun!

The man could be oh so "spiritually" reasonable but I needed comfort and reassurance. I do think he might really does walk his talk and this is truely where he is "right". He triggered insecure state. I was enraged by my needs in this dance.... and last Christmas was when I exploded in frustration and looked like I am crazy. I wanted him GONE for good. The stress of my neediness for assurance was too great. This story may not make sense but the whole point is that this kind of dyad cannot accept the Invitation above.

IMO it takes a village and SELF love learned.
I have never had the level of community implied in this Invitation.

So to sum up, I think the promise of being loved by self is that we can stand that others don't show us love (in the ways we sense that love is needed). My inner quest...enough comfort in me to be able to soften up and not become a crazed harridan if in a relationship with people exploring their own depths of need? Thanks for the thread...maggie
Eelco

Post by Eelco »

Maggie your post moves me..
I'm not sure why...

When you talk about family, or a village. All I see are others.
What helped me the most in life is the experience that everything can change 180 degrees in a matter of seconds.

Without going into the details just yet it has taught me to never expect anything from anyone in return.
I know this sounds as if I have become bitter, hermit like.

In fact it has allowed me to give and keep giving without expecting anything in return.
Of course I sometimes do expect and often I get, But when I don't I remember. It is the unfulfilled expectation that hurts...
The other is just what he/she is at the moment. A person not living up to my expectation..
I could never be angry at that. Something knows i've not lived up to many an expectation of others.

With Love
Eelco
~ “for what it's worth”~
~Placebo~
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

So beautiful this thread, such an opening.

I will post some musings here, perhaps it covers some pieces of the unresolved pain and the confusion of the conflicts we still feel. The inner and the outer that don’t match what we “think” we are looking for or know.

My real journey and the hardest challenges started when the dualities imploded within me, some would call this alchemy, I think I would too. The implosion and resulting pain was captured in a poem (below). No details, no longer important – just my variation on a theme.

What I offer here are some lessons learned along with the joy of love that seems to flow so ceaselessly. It still hurts, almost daily, not for the person nor the circumstances, the pain is the longing that seems to keep moving us inexorably toward home. And somehow we can’t get there until we let go of everything, become nothingness and at the same time are so full that the body-soul aches with the out flow. Well, that is me most days now.

This state of nothingness isn’t to be mistaken for forgetting, it is the remembering and gathering in yourself the learning, the experiences forged into a kernel called wisdom. Within the inner fire the experiences get honed down, refined, distilled and the chaff burned off. This crucible is our inner most chamber, the innocent child waits there, always pure, waiting for us to remember.

We usually run away or find something else to occupy ourselves in order to not go through this space, this door that won’t budge until we do.

Admittedly to self long ago, I think we actually know what we are avoiding and what we seek in another. We mostly choose to avoid it until life delivers us someone or something to bring it out of us again. We are not only looking for love, we are love, a distinction that once grasped takes us out of this world and in essence nothing that we currently believe, hold on to, desire, or demand can be taken there. The fire grows brighter still.

What miracle has led me to be able to contain within me both sides, all sides, no sides? I can’t answer that, it is just so and even as my fingers strike the keyboard I know that by writing these words that will be challenged too.

Taking a tangent now.

Allowing that the what and how of Earth Empaths coming into being isn’t known to many of you I will add a bit about us here. We are three plus years strong, battle tested and honed to steel, and yes, still works in progress. What stood us in good stead, what has never failed is that we decided to trust, yes, it is a choice… we made for ourselves a sacred field of trust. We knew honor and to that stayed true, there is a natural law in honor and truth, the first key was no judgment, simple acceptance that each of us knew for our self which way to go.

We have no rules, no ruler, no guide, no schedule, no agreements, no contracts and what emerged from within the field itself was how we grew, how we knew wisdom and the silent voice that guides us with a sureness of self. We plunged into the sacred waters and drew up from there. What flourished was love and joy mixed with a great many tears and much laughter.

To those who Know the passage we made allow a moment to honor yourselves, beautiful beings all and to all of you too. This is Earth Empaths, it is the field itself, it is free and fun and full of joy and it offers great potential, not because of one person because of all of us. Tears and laughter mix, just as fire and water do.

Community means to commune, we can move into communion, it is happening more and more frequently every day. And have fun, be silly and stupid and irreverent, don’t make offense and don’t take offense. At the fundamental level it is simple.

This space is like no other that we know, so happy to have such good company join us.

Oh and me, I love beauty and truth and freedom. I like flourishes and laughter and tears. Challenges suit my nature, I don’t complain and I don’t blame. I love my friends and if someone harms them I am like a tiger let loose. I won’t stand down, I am stubborn in the face of adversity and I am not afraid to stand alone. Some things people do piss me off and I am not afraid to say so. I see in the dark and trust what I see.

That is me here, the rest of me is elsewhere making way for what comes next.

The Essence of the Rose

Holding the light in the dark is eternal
Holding the mirror for some one else's darkness, you become their darkness
Holding your Self, the mirror and the Other inside your heart is to act with courage
Allowing the mirror to shatter inside is a crucible of white pain
Standing in the flame is unbearable
The return

Peace
Love
Truth
Freedom
Beauty
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Pris

Post by Pris »

heyokah wrote:.....

It doesn't interest me what you do for a living.
I want to know what you ache for,
And if you dare to dream of meeting
Your heart's longing.

It doesn't interest me how old you are.
I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool
For love, for your dream,
For the adventure of being alive.

It doesn't interest me what planets are squaring your moon.
I want to know if you have touched the center of your own sorrow,
If you have been opened by life's betrayals,
Or have become shriveled and closed from fear of further pain.

I want to know if you can sit with pain,
Mine or your own,
Without moving
To hide it or fade it or fix it.

I want to know if you can be with joy,
Mine or your own,
If you can dance with wildness and let the ecstasy fill you to the tips of your fingers and toes
Without cautioning us to be careful, be realistic, to remember the limitations of being human.

It doesn't interest me if the story you are telling me is true.
I want to know if you can disappoint another to be true to yourself,
If you can bear the accusation of betrayal and not betray your own soul.
I want to know if you can be faithless and therefore be trustworthy.

I want to know if you can see beauty
Even when it is not pretty every day,
And if you can source your own life
From its presence.

I want to know if you can live with failure,
Yours and mine,
And still stand on the edge of a lake and shout to the silver of the full moon,
"Yes!"

It doesn't interest me to know where you live or how much money you have.
I want to know if you can get up after the night of grief and despair,
Weary and bruised to the bone,
And do what needs to be done for the children.

It doesn't interest me who you are, how you came to be here.
I want to know if you will stand
In the center of the fire with me
And not shrink back.

It doesn't interest me where or what or with whom you have studied.
I want to know what sustains you
From the inside
When all else falls away.

I want to know if you can be alone
With yourself,
And if you truly like the company you keep
In the empty moments

-Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Oooh, I like this. ImageImage

Return to “Wisdom - KnowThySelf”