Changes and Gratitude

"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Spiritwind

Changes and Gratitude

Post by Spiritwind »

I have been reflecting, as of late, on this last year and how I feel about my sense of being in this world, how it has changed, and in what ways I am not in the same place I was before. I realize that despite my outer circumstances being pretty much the same, the inner changes have been all good. But, they are hard to put into words.

To illustrate, my mind is drawn to about 18 years ago, when my younger son was 16 and we had decided to try home schooling for awhile. I bought him the book, "The Teenage Liberation Handbook: How to quit School and Get a Real Life and Education", by Grace Llewellyn. I was an avid reader, and this book was right in line with how I already thought about life and our public education system. Unfortunately, my son was not an avid reader and not nearly the natural rebel I was. He had already been so heavily programmed by the "system" that the thought of not having everything all laid out for him, and being able to help design his curriculum around his own interests in a way that would make learning an enjoyable experience, was terrifying. He just couldn't do it. His comfort zone, even though he hated it, was just not able to grasp the opportunity before him.

There is a deeper reason for my wanting to share the changes I have experienced that have enriched my life. For these changes, while very personal, would not have happened had I not had the ability to let go of my programming enough to seize the opportunity at hand. For this opportunity required me to let go of the curriculum style of learning, and be able to get comfortable with a free flow, that was both a mental process, as well as an intuitive, spiritual, and energetic process, in which trust in the self was paramount. And not only trust in myself, but allowing myself to extend that trust to others. Risky business, since almost everyone has trust issues, and rightfully so. The program is set up that way. How was this even possible?

It became possible because I was sharing this learning experience with a small group of individuals that had some how also stumbled into this free flow style of learning, sharing, and building a field of trust. It did not happen overnight, it happened gradually and slowly over a years time.

The closest I can come to describing this experience was when I participated in a 3 day event, called The Long Dance. This event brought about 50 people into an amazing, and very palpable field of trust, in just 3 days time. But, a years planning had went into the event itself, where a great deal of creative imagination and care went into its eventual manifestation, but in a very organic way. It definitely did not have the feel of a program, but a total immersion in what I can only call an alternate state of reality experienced by a group. There was drumming, dancing, and movement, and much much more. It was life changing.

Maybe it was even because of this experience, I was able to grasp after a few sessions, the opportunity at hand. But this last year has been life changing in a similar way. It has helped me to realize there really is a way to experience life here, that is magical, full of surprise, and humor, and most importantly, with trust in self and extending that to a self that has grown to include others. Because the sum is much more than the individual participants. This, to me, is a model for what can work in helping to create the world I want to see, and be that change I want to see.

Because, this is what it's all about, isn't it? How to create trust, and use our collective and creative talents of intuition, coupled with imagination, to manifest positive change. Change on an individual level, and change on a group level. I really didn't think it was possible. I stand corrected. Thank you to all who have participated in this adventure with me. I am in awe and total gratitude.
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....
Christine
Site Admin

Re: Changes and Gratitude

Post by Christine »

Gratitude is flow ... love you dearly. As dianna so rite fully said, "And may you be ever overwhelmed by how many people you love."

Flow, flow, flow ... fluidity is our natural state of Being.
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.

Return to “A Place for Gratitude”