Employing the Light Side

"Evil is a source of moral intelligence in the sense that we need to learn from our shadow, from our dark side, in order to be good."
-John Bradshaw
Shezbeth

Re: Employing the Light Side

Post by Shezbeth »

<A giant X is painted over Pris' face while a disturbingly loud buzzer plays as if from nowhere>

No, that is not what I was saying,... quite the opposite actually. What I was saying is that Masculine or Feminine make for far MORE objective of a dichotomy IF NOT for the inability for them to be seen outside some kind of false morality by a sufficient majority.

Simply, ppl r dumb, else that'd be fine enough.
http://shezbethblog.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I have no flaws...

... except one: I lie too much" - Ilya Alekseyev
Pris

Post by Pris »

Shezbeth wrote:<A giant X is painted over Pris' face while a disturbingly loud buzzer plays as if from nowhere>

No, that is not what I was saying,... quite the opposite actually. What I was saying is that Masculine or Feminine make for far MORE objective of a dichotomy IF NOT for the inability for them to be seen outside some kind of false morality by a sufficient majority.

Simply, ppl r dumb, else that'd be fine enough.
LOL! :lol: Well now, why didn't you just say so in the first place? Clarity, Shezbeth. Clarity helps. Clarity is good.

Still, I disagree with what you are saying about Masculine and Feminine. I don't see those two making a 'far MORE objective' dichotomy.

Everyone starts out as female. The male develops later and is more like... a female on steroids.
Shezbeth

Post by Shezbeth »

I disagree. I find that the 'it' (whatever) came first, with a female side and a male side.
http://shezbethblog.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I have no flaws...

Pris

Post by Pris »

Shezbeth wrote:I disagree. I find that the 'it' (whatever) came first, with a female side and a male side.
Hmmm... an it? I'd say the energy that animates is something of an it. Sure, I'll go along with that. Still, I'd say it has no male or female side. And, I'd go on to say the body vehicles do start out as female. The vehicles seem to confuse the issue.
Phil

Post by Phil »

Pris wrote:
Phil wrote:I personally thought using the descriptors dark or light implied morality...but that's just me I guess
Most definitely, that's just you. :D
What exactly do you consider "employing the light side to be"? Is my idea that "employment of the dark side" is using deception and/or selfish intent incorrect?
What is the purpose of your presence?
Hermit

Post by Hermit »

How about I throw this into the mix. :D

The dark side employs you.

The light side is a collaboration you choose to engage or disengage.

The difference is you get to make the choice.

The dark side will fight to keep you. But it doesn't care about you in the way you need/want to think it does.

The light side will wait for you.

Discuss. :D

(Phil I think we're on the same page even if the words wander in different directions. Agreed?
Ingressum instruas, progressum dirigas, egressum compleas.
Shezbeth

Post by Shezbeth »

No need to discuss. What you have described is a perfectly valid perception/position. There are positions that agree with it - that are also equally valid - and there are those that contest (likewise).

Here's a simpler way of looking at it.

The light side can free one of the dark side, the dark side can free one of the light side. Each 'side' sees its self as freedom from the other; both are correct, and both are incorrect.

"I have no flaws...

Hermit

Post by Hermit »

I disagree.

And I'm still waiting to hear back from you regarding that wager. ;)
Ingressum instruas, progressum dirigas, egressum compleas.
Shezbeth

Post by Shezbeth »

Wager? Care to refresh my memory?

"I have no flaws...

Pris

Post by Pris »

Phil wrote:
Pris wrote:
Phil wrote:I personally thought using the descriptors dark or light implied morality...but that's just me I guess
Most definitely, that's just you. :D
What exactly do you consider "employing the light side to be"? Is my idea that "employment of the dark side" is using deception and/or selfish intent incorrect?
I like how Shezbeth said it here:
Shezbeth wrote:The light side can free one of the dark side, the dark side can free one of the light side. Each 'side' sees its self as freedom from the other; both are correct, and both are incorrect.

However, 'no need to discuss'?
Shezbeth wrote:No need to discuss. What you have described is a perfectly valid perception/position. There are positions that agree with it - that are also equally valid - and there are those that contest (likewise).
There is always a need to discuss shit even when your lordship feels there is nothing to discuss.

Return to “The Dark Side - Exploring Our Shadows”