HTML tutorial HTML tutorial

Employing the Light Side

"Evil is a source of moral intelligence in the sense that we need to learn from our shadow, from our dark side, in order to be good."
-John Bradshaw
Pris
Posts: 392
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:51 am
Has thanked: 369 times
Been thanked: 434 times

Re: Employing the Light Side

Postby Pris » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:18 am

Shezbeth wrote:Do you see? THAT is the beginning of your folly! But it is only the beginning!

You say that you are pained, but you are only pained by your disapproval of choice and THAT only because of a biased predisposition based on indoctrination.

Day by day I transition continually toward SOMEWHERE BETWEEN the person I want to be and the person I am physiologically/potentially 'stuck' being. As time continues, the 'being stuck' is revealed to increasingly be rooted in one thing in particular,...

... just the kind of thinking you have just displayed.

Sorry, but surely you've noticed that no matter how subtle, I'm impervious to dogma. ^_~

One is 'employed' by the dark side in the same sense that abstinence is a sexual position, to borrow from Bill Maher.


This may be weird to some of you... I actually get this... especially the 'dogma' part.
.
.

User avatar
Shezbeth
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:52 pm
Location: WA State
Has thanked: 249 times
Been thanked: 310 times
Contact:

Re: Employing the Light Side

Postby Shezbeth » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:15 am

Seriously, I have to double-down on this one Milne.

Of all the nerve. This is a consistency I have observed especially amongst Abrahamics, that of rationalized righteous superiority.

I'll start with the simple version first.

What the f--- do your self-initiated 'feels' have anything to do with me? By what reason do you intuit that attempting to manipulate my choices by way of expressing distress about choices and decisions which you have clearly evidenced you know nothing about?

You evoke 'Love', but as a tool to gain my acquiescence? You claim consideration, while engaging in the very foolishness which my methods/pursuits (not exclusively) seek to eliminate?

<Shezbeth mutters something about boundaries>

Here's an exercise for you,... I want you to look up the list of Demonic Names. Now, I want you to look up the list of Angelic names.

Now, how many names repeat? (if you're gonna say 'that's cuz of Luc and the fall', spare yourself)

That's just a teaser.

Let me put it this way; in the Allegory of the Cave, how many cave-dwellers protested the protagonist's departure, and what was their reception when he returned?
http://shezbethblog.wordpress.com

"I have no flaws...

... except one: I lie too much" - Ilya Alekseyev

User avatar
Hermit
Posts: 286
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:29 pm
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 322 times
Been thanked: 500 times
Contact:

Re: Employing the Light Side

Postby Hermit » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:32 pm

Pris wrote:
Hermit wrote:
Pris wrote:.
.

Hi Phil. I'm thinking the idea here is there are no sides to begin with. Thinking in terms of 'sides' is basically a mental trap.

Consider this: there are no absolutes.
.
.



Really?

Is that an absolute?


HAHA! Absolutely. :twisted:
.
.


Ergo, there is at least one absolute.

Ergo, your premise is self defeating.

Ergo, it's nonsense.

Ergo, check your premises. :D

*That one only took 3 moves, not including the conclusion.

So what are some other absolutes? If one exists, then there can possibly be more.

How about Good and Evil?

How about Truth and Falsehood?

How about real intellectual pursuit and conversation as opposed to....aw heck Pris, what would be a good example of the opposite? Maybe developing a system who's only real goal is to inflate and promote the ego? (God, now there's only about 100 of those, and they're all pretty boring aren't they? :D)
Ingressum instruas, progressum dirigas, egressum compleas.

Pris
Posts: 392
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:51 am
Has thanked: 369 times
Been thanked: 434 times

Re: Employing the Light Side

Postby Pris » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:42 am

Hermit wrote:Ergo, there is at least one absolute.

Ergo, your premise is self defeating.

Ergo, it's nonsense.

Ergo, check your premises. :D

*That one only took 3 moves, not including the conclusion.

So what are some other absolutes? If one exists, then there can possibly be more.

How about Good and Evil?

How about Truth and Falsehood?

How about real intellectual pursuit and conversation as opposed to....aw heck Pris, what would be a good example of the opposite? Maybe developing a system who's only real goal is to inflate and promote the ego? (God, now there's only about 100 of those, and they're all pretty boring aren't they? :D)


I dunno... there's a flaw in here somewhere... What if defeating oneself is what this is about? Then, I'll have beat you (HA!)... because defeating others may not be the way to go. See? I'm arrogant to think I may have 'beat' you. Is this about winning? Is there something 'wrong' with 'losing'? Maybe I set you up to make you think you would win (am I making that up?). And, in a game with no winners and no losers (no absolutes?), you've been seriously... compromised -- in your own head, anyway. 'Three moves'? As for me, I'm feeling fine at the moment. :D
.
.


Return to “The Dark Side - Exploring Our Shadows”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron