Take The Test to Find Out If You're A Psychopath

"Evil is a source of moral intelligence in the sense that we need to learn from our shadow, from our dark side, in order to be good."
-John Bradshaw
Cathryn

Re: Take The Test to Find Out If You're A Psychopath

Post by Cathryn »

I got that you were seeing the funny side, so here is a little story, its very true, though actual names are hidden. (none of them are me lol)
An aquaintance of mine was resident forensic psychologist at a large secure prison in Scotland, in her charge was a young psychopath (officially diagnosed) her description of him was most endearing, she said in fact that she could have taken him home and felt very motherly towards him.

Seems almost everyone liked him.

Case meetings were held every month where all inmates were discussed and assessed and a treatment plan put forward, after one meeting two of the female staff members gave their notice because they were pregnant and a month later another gave notice and my associate started to suspect something. When questioned personally each of the girls eventually told their story, they had all three become pregnant by this likeable chap.

All told in that three month time period, this chap had got five of them pregnant.

PS I don't know the details :)
Pris

Post by Pris »

Cathryn wrote:I got that you were seeing the funny side, so here is a little story, its very true, though actual names are hidden. (none of them are me lol)
An aquaintance of mine was resident forensic psychologist at a large secure prison in Scotland, in her charge was a young psychopath (officially diagnosed) her description of him was most endearing, she said in fact that she could have taken him home and felt very motherly towards him.

Seems almost everyone liked him.

Case meetings were held every month where all inmates were discussed and assessed and a treatment plan put forward, after one meeting two of the female staff members gave their notice because they were pregnant and a month later another gave notice and my associate started to suspect something. When questioned personally each of the girls eventually told their story, they had all three become pregnant by this likeable chap.

All told in that three month time period, this chap had got five of them pregnant.

PS I don't know the details :)
This is a great story and thank you for sharing it! It doesn't surprise me at all.

Ohhhh, yes... psychopaths can be very likeable, very alluring, very charismatic...

Pluto's Child

Post by Pluto's Child »

Christine wrote:For you Pris I took the test ... what a load of crap!! LMAO

Of the multiple choice questions not a single one fit what I would really say. Of course they have to make the answers fit in "their" predetermined categories, all contrived too!
I have to agree, non of the answers are applicable, maybe it's just aimed at young Americans ?

This is more universal, it's a nugget test.

http://www.idiottest.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:mrgreen:
Pris

Post by Pris »

Pluto's Child wrote:
Christine wrote:For you Pris I took the test ... what a load of crap!! LMAO

Of the multiple choice questions not a single one fit what I would really say. Of course they have to make the answers fit in "their" predetermined categories, all contrived too!
I have to agree, non of the answers are applicable, maybe it's just aimed at young Americans ?

This is more universal, it's a nugget test.

http://www.idiottest.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:mrgreen:

Yes... I thought some of the questions were aimed at teenagers. Still, it was more fun than your 'Ultimate Idiot Test'.
Pris

Post by Pris »

To amuse myself (since no one will play with me), I took two more 'psycho' tests. I was able to compare myself with others including those who left comments on the homepage.

http://psychopath.channel4.com/quizzes.html

http://personality-testing.info/tests/LSRP.php

Homepage:
http://datingasociopath.com/2014/02/15/ ... o-are-you/

About the psychopathic spectrum
When most people think of psychopaths, Hannibal Lecter typically springs to mind! But actually, being psychopathic doesn't necessarily mean that you're a serial killer – or even that you'll break the law.
Some of us may score higher on some psychopathic traits than on others. But unless you score high on all of them, you don't really have anything to worry about! Another misconception about psychopaths concerns diagnosis. A lot of people think that you're either a psychopath or you're not, that it's all very black and white. But there is evidence to suggest that it's not as clear-cut as this. In fact, psychopathy – like height and weight, for example – lies on a spectrum.
This test is not a diagnostic tool nor is it psychometrically validated. It cannot be used to clinically diagnose psychopathic personality or any mental illness.
Within the framework of clinical psychology, a psychopath is someone with a distinct cluster of personality traits including ruthlessness, fearlessness, narcissism, charm, charisma, impulsivity, persuasiveness, manipulation and a lack of conscience and empathy. Sure, these traits may well come in handy if you aspire to be an axe-murderer! But they can also come in handy in the courtroom, on the trading floor, or in the operating theatre. It just depends on what else you've got going on in your personality, and the start you get in life.
At the sharp end you may well find your serial killers and axe murderers but, all of us have our place at some point along the continuum.

My place on the Psychopathic Spectrum: 58%

The test result also provided me with this:
Though your conscience is in the right place you also have a pragmatic streak and generally aren’t afraid to do your own dirty work! You’re no shrinking violet - but no daredevil either. You generally have little trouble seeing things from another person’s perspective but, at the same time, are no pushover. ‘Everything in moderation – including moderation’ might sum up your approach to life.

++++++++++++++++++

You have completed the Levenson Self-Report Psychopathy Scale.

The LSRP measures two scales.

Scores range from 1 (low) to 5 (high).

Your score from primary psychopathy has been calculated as 1.8. Primary psychopathy is the affective aspects of psychopathy; a lack of empathy for other people and tolerance for antisocial orientations.

Your score from secondary psychopathy has been calculated as 3. Secondary psychopathy is the antisocial aspects of psychopathy; rule breaking and a lack of effort towards socially rewarded behavior.

With two scores, results of the LSRP are very suitable for being plotted. Below is the distribution of how other people who have taken this test have scored.

You score for primary psychopathy was higher than 35.37% of people who have taken this test.

You score for secondary psychopathy was higher than 71.45% of people who have taken this test.

++++++++++++++++++

Conclusion so far:

I'm NOT
Well, maybe just a wee bit.
Pluto's Child

Post by Pluto's Child »

Pris wrote:

Yes... I thought some of the questions were aimed at teenagers. Still, it was more fun than your 'Ultimate Idiot Test'.
Oh you're only saying that because there were no cats or questions about sanity....

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcmM4PJiT-w[/youtube]

"Your score from primary psychopathy has been calculated as 2. Primary psychopathy is the affective aspects of psychopathy; a lack of empathy for other people and tolerance for antisocial orientations.

Your score from secondary psychopathy has been calculated as 2.2. Secondary psychopathy is the antisocial aspects of psychopathy; rule breaking and a lack of effort towards socially rewarded behavior.

You score for primary psychopathy was higher than 44.84% of people who have taken this test.

You score for secondary psychopathy was higher than 34.17% of people who have taken this test."

I had to make up the answers because very few of those situations are ones I ever encounter.....
Shezbeth

Post by Shezbeth »

Not surprising, I got a 73% on Pris' test #1,.. and for #2,... (I also didn't care for the pidgeon-holing questions of the first one)

"You score for primary psychopathy was higher than 87.41% of people who have taken this test.

You score for secondary psychopathy was higher than 63.38% of people who have taken this test. "

It seems my 'average' is increasing,... only a few years ago I used to get pretty much solid "50%",... makes me wonder if my 'average' IQ has changed,... it would make sense, my diet has been progressively increasing/maintaining quality over the last 8 years (all credit to a certain someone), so it wouldn't surprise me if my cognition has improved,....
http://shezbethblog.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I have no flaws...

... except one: I lie too much" - Ilya Alekseyev
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

Well, I didn't take any of the tests, but funnily enough the day you started this thread, Pris, I had went to a used book store where I have some credit for books I have traded, to look for some good books to help my eight year old grandson with his reading homework. Along with a bunch of books for him, I picked up an old paperback, entitled "The Psychopath Test; A Journey Through the Madness Industry", by Jon Ronson. Looks to be a good read, with exciting chapters, such as Night of the Living Dead.

I remember reading "People of the Lie" by M. Scott Peck many years ago, this being quite a pivotal book for me. That was back when I was living with a psychopath, a very charming good looking one who did fool a lot of people, including me for quite some time. When your life has been almost destroyed by one, it can take a long time to see anything light or humorous about the situation. But, (I know this is terrible of me) I did have the last laugh, because he died rather tragically about 10 years ago. I do, now, see that it was a valuable experience for me I probably needed to have, having started out exceptionally naive.

But if you can lie like a full blown psychopathic personality does, I would agree with Cathryn, that it's going to take a lot more than a test to flush them out. Might have to even employ a bit of the dark side yourself, as Shezbeth talks about, to get them to reveal themselves.
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....
Pris

Post by Pris »

OMGosh! Activity in my thread!

I don't have time now, but I promise I'll get back to this!
Pris

Post by Pris »

Pluto's Child wrote:
Pris wrote:

Oh you're only saying that because there were no cats or questions about sanity....

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcmM4PJiT-w[/youtube]

"Your score from primary psychopathy has been calculated as 2. Primary psychopathy is the affective aspects of psychopathy; a lack of empathy for other people and tolerance for antisocial orientations.

Your score from secondary psychopathy has been calculated as 2.2. Secondary psychopathy is the antisocial aspects of psychopathy; rule breaking and a lack of effort towards socially rewarded behavior.

You score for primary psychopathy was higher than 44.84% of people who have taken this test.

You score for secondary psychopathy was higher than 34.17% of people who have taken this test."

I had to make up the answers because very few of those situations are ones I ever encounter.....
Hey, thanks for sharing (and having a great sense of humour about it)! That's Simpson's episode is too much! :lol:

According to the tests, it seems to be that you're more or less 'normal'.

What do you think of that? :?:

Return to “The Dark Side - Exploring Our Shadows”