Take The Test to Find Out If You're A Psychopath

"Evil is a source of moral intelligence in the sense that we need to learn from our shadow, from our dark side, in order to be good."
-John Bradshaw
Pris

Re: Take The Test to Find Out If You're A Psychopath

Post by Pris »

Naga_Fireball wrote:Pris & Shez should be doing Mensa challenges anyhow, not worrying about the teeth in the horse lol
Nawww,
I'm not interested
in sitting on top of the altar (mostly).

Last edited by Pris on Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pris

Post by Pris »

Christine wrote:You know it is really fine that we let the all the cats out of the bag, that we snarl even but there is also wisdom in knowing when to pull back, when to smooth and when to let go ... there is always that piece of letting go. Any single tact will ultimately lead back to self, a good place to sit for awhile in one's own reflection.

Love all ways and always.
Nice. I'll... have to reflect on this. :)
Pris

Post by Pris »

Spiritwind wrote:I can't help but share a few snippets from the little jewel of a book I just picked up and referenced above.

The author, Jon Ronson, starts out the second chapter with a reference to the DSM-IV-TR, in his second chapter, The Man Who Faked Madness. He comments about how there wasn't anything in there specifically about psychopaths, and that the closest he could find was Narcissistic Personality Disorder. He goes on and writes it:

"...could be that many of our political and business leaders suffer from Antisocial or Narcissistic Personality Disorder and they do the harmful, exploitative things they do because of some mad striving for unlimited success and excessive admiration. Their mental disorders might be what rules our lives. This could be a really big story for me if I can think of a way to somehow prove it.
I closed the manual.
I wonder if I've got any of the 374 mental disorders I thought....I instantly diagnosed myself with twelve different ones. "

Then, he says:

"I was much crazier than I had imagined. Or maybe it was a bad idea to read the DSM-IV when you're not a trained professional. Or maybe the American Psychiatric Association had a crazy desire to label all life a mental disorder. "

Maybe I'm just crazy myself, but I was highly amused at this small synchronicity to what is being discussed here.
This is wonderful stuff... thanks (again) for sharing, Spiritwind. Myself, I am very much into 'self-introspection'.

I like to consider things...

Do I care enough to...
Accept?
Reject?
Change my mind?

It's all up to me.

Pris

Post by Pris »

Pluto's Child wrote:I'm glad you appreciated the Simpsons vid, I was a bit worried that you might not have taken it in the spirit it was posted in :mrgreen:

I'm certainly not normal lol, (we may get around to that one day), but possibly reasonably "balanced" due to decades of hard work.
I attempt to see the humour in everything, Pluto's Child. If we can laugh at ourselves, what could be better. I'm glad you put that video up... it bothers me if people feel too intimidated by me (or anyone else for that matter) to post what they really think.

Shezbeth is, obviously, not intimidated by anyone. :D
Pris

Post by Pris »

Pluto's Child wrote:The questions in that quiz were very interesting from a more distant perspective, in that it was between two polarities, that could be most easily be put as STS & STO.
Oh, yes, those... Btw, those are an example of one of my least favourite 'polarities'. :lol:
Shezbeth

Post by Shezbeth »

Oh please, I've seen you take offense over comparable/LESS disrespect. Is what is good for the goose not good for the gander?
http://shezbethblog.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I have no flaws...

... except one: I lie too much" - Ilya Alekseyev
Hermit

Post by Hermit »

I started to take the test, then realized...this is one of those damn Facebook things! Then it said I was a victim. Moi! A victim!

I will simply say this, Pris my friend. Trust the test of experience, and look up. :lol:

One doesn't need a test: people will show you and tell you who and what they are. It's a flaw hard wired into most of us.

(Did I mention to look up?)

And I didn't even tell you to fuck off! ;)

Happy Friday everyone! :mrgreen:
Ingressum instruas, progressum dirigas, egressum compleas.
Pluto's Child

Post by Pluto's Child »

Shezbeth wrote:Oh please, I've seen you take offense over comparable/LESS disrespect. Is what is good for the goose not good for the gander?
Phase of the moon old boy, phase of the moon.

:lol:
Hermit

Post by Hermit »

Oh no, you don't suppose it's lycanthropicles??!?!!
Ingressum instruas, progressum dirigas, egressum compleas.
Pluto's Child

Post by Pluto's Child »

Pris wrote:
Pluto's Child wrote:The questions in that quiz were very interesting from a more distant perspective, in that it was between two polarities, that could be most easily be put as STS & STO.
Oh, yes, those... Btw, those are an example of one of my least favourite 'polarities'. :lol:
Mine too, just couldn't resist using those terms given the nature of the choices, and as Hermit says, STO, or rather caring & empathic types are labelled "victims", what does that say about the person who made the test ?

Return to “The Dark Side - Exploring Our Shadows”