Know your Garden

"I feel like everything is inspired by something else. There is no 100 percent original thought."
Ne-Yo
Christine
Site Admin

Re: Know your Garden

Post by Christine »

LOL, of course as native English speaker, a very grammatically incorrect one too, that phrase gave me a chuckle... also learning about the structure of Romanian which is very different from English you do amazingly well.

"It's too bad you never saw" or .... or "didn't see" would work.

Cristian wrote:
Cristian wrote: It's too bad you didn't saw Friends ...that was funny back then :)
Thinking of English grammar now... hmm

Is it saw or seen? While these two verbs forms are sometimes mixed up, they are pretty easy to keep track of.

Saw is used with the simple past. It can stand alone and doesn’t appear with helping verbs.

Seen is a past participle and forms the perfect tenses. It cannot stand alone and must always appear with a helping verb.

"Didn't saw" is incorrect because it's a double past tense, just like "haven't never" is a double negative. On top of that, the word "saw" is also a present tense verb with an entirely different meaning. Saying,"I didn't saw you yesterday," sounds like you're saying you didn't use a saw to cut that person.

<--- not good with English grammar :(
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Well, back on Page 1 before being asked to delete my signature banner, I asked a question about dream sending.

Still waiting for an answer, yawn.

Discovery makes me happy, not sure about what drives others.
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
Hermit

Post by Hermit »

The Importance of Weeding
or
How to differentiate between a weed and a plant that has not yet found a use.

In the beginning of the year, my garden is jam packed with space. This is the time where I lay out what is going to go where, what new stuff needs to go in, I get to see the skeleton of the garden.

It's also the time when the garden centers Canada wide send out catalogues with very well placed and crafted images.

AND it's the time of year when the energy in me increases. It's Genesis time.

Weeds pop up. Grasses and weeds shoot up and if they're not kept in check, they choke everything else out. This, to the beginning gardener, can be a bit of a conundrum because some (read me) try to respect all plants. But the reality is some are genetically stronger, will crowd out everything else, and leave you with fields of....

So the gardener in the early part of the growing season becomes active in fostering the space as the plants take hold and grow. He ensures that those plants which are weaker early on have an opportunity to get a foothold so they will be stronger, and produce more blooms/fruit later in the year.

There's a point mid-summer when the effort to keep everything stable stops and I just let things go wild, let the grasses grow / fill in the spaces between the perennials. And, it's the time that the work physically stops and the period of resting in the garden begins. It's reaping, in a way, but it's also acknowledging the space that the gardener occupies as an integral part of the garden.

Gardens do not exist unless there is a gardener. They are co-creators dependent upon each other for the space to be defined.

One could argue that gardeners exist, and indeed that starts to branch out into how to know you're actually a gardener, or how you know you exist.

Its at that point you must decide what to weed and what to keep, and how your ultimate space will look.
Ingressum instruas, progressum dirigas, egressum compleas.

Return to “Inspiration and Food for Thought”