Pronoia

"I feel like everything is inspired by something else. There is no 100 percent original thought."
Ne-Yo
Christine
Site Admin

Pronoia

Post by Christine »

Jeffrey Sewell introduced me to this word and for that I am ever grateful.

And I entered into the midst of their prison, which is the prison of the body. And I said, 'He who hears, let him get up from the deep sleep.' And he wept and shed tears. Bitter tears he wiped from himself and he said, 'Who is it that calls my name, and from where has this hope come to me, while I am in the chains of the prison?'

And I said, 'I am the Pronoia of the pure light; I am the thinking of the virginal Spirit, who raised you up to the honored place. Arise and remember that it is you who hearkened, and follow your root, which is I, the merciful one...

The Apocryphon of John

http://gnosis.org/naghamm/apocjn.html
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
maggie

Re: Pronoia

Post by maggie »

I had no idea of the Apocryphon quotation. Pronoia and Paranoia share an intimate role in my philosophy of life. I see Pronoia and Paranoia as NETTERS (original principles)> Stepped out In polarity as two sides of a coin. In some kind of "opposition" like the way two poles repulse, they seem far a part but they are intimate as an energetic polarity which spins and shines a light on matter. It is IMO like Yin and Yang spinning. The union of these has a beingness as consciousness, SOMEWHERE and is WITH US. The polarization of the extremes has REASON as a conscious beingness for itself too.

I feel myself in a participatory "reality" with forces. It is truly like "where everything may happen at once".The "forces" I imagine as my friends feel so AT HOME in Pronoia. So as I see my friends in pronoic light, they shine. We are in "this together".

I see US swimming in this spin. We generate reasons for being "here" as fractals of REASON (Herself) . REASON leads us to being paranoic all the way round to Pronoic by just living through the world. The duality looks both ways in various shades of coloring. We can swim in the spin in OUR PREFERRED PLACE aiming various directions in the bounds of REASON. The feeling I associate with "The Universe is all ways in our favor" is Pronoia to me. The beliefs come up from the deeper "knowing" that THIS IS REASONABLE!

The 23rd psalm gives the best way I can imagine to feel SAFELY HELD IN THE COSMOS. I love the feeling and it leads me to pronoia.

Underneath the beliefs lies a deep strata of NOIA all inclusive. THOUGHT precedes belief with an affirmation "spoken". The affirmation is split through polarized thoughts into metaphysics of PARANOIA versus PRONOIA. Metaphysics is like the wave and magic is the partical we "grab" like the gold ring. We are the Magical thinkers and embracers of particulars which meld into "the world". We create the patterns FROM NOIA through belief in our thoughts. We shape our reality.

Pronoia says "Thoughts are Things. Choose the Good Ones".

The inner intention. I feel the oozing glue of THOUGHT that wells up in me to cement and fixed my beliefs into form. Perhaps my beliefs ooze up as thoughts I sent to the ever giving Maya. The Netter, Goddess Maya is so loving and will form whatever we may like. All NOIA is conspiracy FOR, flowing, and with ease and grace one is always supported as Pronoic. Maya as Paranoic is up against everything and denying.

We can think what we choose. But we may not know we chose thoughts bounded by that which is deeper than reason PRO or PARA spinning in and out and round about.

"-noia
Word Origin
a combining form appearing in loanwords from Greek, where it meant “thought”:
paranoia."
maggie

Post by maggie »

It is really good to know what is behind the visible, such as looking at "magic" as an organizing principle. It's very clear that an economy like ours is a magic operation. The book below (can be read on line) is about an economy that works through belief in a new magical story arising like a Phoenix from the ashes of the old story. How will this work out? It does get back to me: How Pronoic will determine as with everything, how our mileage varies.
Off Topic
The following chapter is from Charles Eisenstein’s Sacred Economics: Money, Gift, and Society in the Age of Transition

Sacred Economics: Chapter 8, “The Turning of the Age”
Money: Story and Magic

........ The authorities hoped that by controlling the public perception of reality, they could control reality itself — that by the manipulation of symbols they could manipulate the reality they represent. This, in essence, is what anthropologists call “magico-religious thinking.” It is not without reason that our financial elites have been called a priesthood. Donning ceremonial garb, speaking an arcane language, wielding mysterious inscriptions, they can with a mere word, or a mere stroke of a pen, cause fortunes and nations to rise and fall.

You see, magico-religious thinking normally works. Whether it is a shamanic rite, the signing of an appropriations bill, or the posting of an account balance, when a ritual is embedded in a story that people believe, they act accordingly, playing out the roles the story assigns to them, and responding to the reality the story establishes. In former times, when a shamanic rite was seen to have failed, everyone knew this was a momentous event, signaling the End of the World, a shift in what was real and what was not, the end of the old Story of the People and the beginning, perhaps, of a new. What, from this perspective, is the significance of the accelerating failure of the rites of finance?

Some would scoff at primitive cave-dwellers who imagined that their representations of animals on cave walls could magically affect the hunt. Yet today we produce our own talismans, our own systems of magic symbology, and indeed affect physical reality through them. A few numbers change here and there, and thousands of workers erect a skyscraper. Some other numbers change, and a venerable business shuts its doors. The foreign debt of a Third World country, again mere numbers in a computer, consigns its people to endless enslavement producing commodity goods that are shipped abroad. College students, ridden with anxiety, deny their dreams and hurry into the workforce to pay off their student loans, their very will subject to a piece of paper with magical symbols (“Account Statement”) sent to them once every moon, like some magical chit in a voodoo cult. (2) These slips of paper that we call money, these electronic blips, bear a potent magic indeed!

How does magic work? Rituals and talismans affirm and perpetuate the consensus stories we all participate in, stories that form our reality, coordinate our labor, and organize our lives. Only in exceptional times do they stop working: the times of a breakdown in the story of the people. We are entering such times today.The economic measures enacted to contain the crisis that began in 2008 have worked only temporarily. They don’t go deep enough. The only reform that can possibly be effective will be one that embodies, affirms, and perpetuates a new story of the people. To see what that story might be, let us dig down through the layers of failing realities and their relationship to money.http://sacred-economics.com/sacred-econ ... f-the-age/
[youtube]https://youtu.be/EEZkQv25uEs[/youtube]

[youtube]https://youtu.be/gQlZHj8gWc4[/youtube]
Sandy Clark

Post by Sandy Clark »

Very insightful and full of compassion person; Charles Eisenstein. Great info and resource>>>thank YOU Maggie. :)

Return to “Inspiration and Food for Thought”