Imagery & Quotes & Whatever Else Inspires You

"I feel like everything is inspired by something else. There is no 100 percent original thought."
Ne-Yo
heyokah

Re: Imagery & Quotes & Whatever Else Inspires You

Post by heyokah »

When a great ship is in harbor and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what great ships are built for.

Spotting this while traveling,
I had to show agreement....
With tiny fingers
on a tiny phone ;)

Thanks. <3
Pris

Post by Pris »

Christine wrote:Image

The reason is this: In my uttermost bones I know something, as do you. It is that there can be no despair when you remember why you came to Earth, who you serve, and who sent you here. The good words we say and the good deeds we do are not ours. They are the words and deeds of the One who brought us here.
I do not agree with this part. I 'serve' (as in servitude) no one but myself. My words (good, bad, whatever) are my own words and my deeds are my own (although I 'own' nothing). If anyone brought anyone here, I brought myself.

That said...

When a great ship is in harbor and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what great ships are built for.
I do agree with this.

Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

"The reason is this: In my uttermost bones I know something, as do you. It is that there can be no despair when you remember why you came to Earth, who you serve, and who sent you here. The good words we say and the good deeds we do are not ours. They are the words and deeds of the One who brought us here."

I interpret the One as you and me and other, individuated sparks of the Whole. I am well aware that when I tap in I am outside of my identity, the one I no longer wish to defend. My connection with the unified field, the bands which I tune to are an inner intelligence from which I am not separated, if that makes sense. Part of me.

I would not have spoken as she did though I feel her deep intent between the words and with that I vibe.
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Phil

Post by Phil »

You were born with a snake in both of your fists while a hurricane was blowing
Freedom just around the corner for you
But with the truth so far off, what good will it do?

You're a man of the mountains, you can walk on the clouds,
Manipulator of crowds, you're a dream twister
What is the purpose of your presence?
Pris

Post by Pris »

Christine wrote:"The reason is this: In my uttermost bones I know something, as do you. It is that there can be no despair when you remember why you came to Earth, who you serve, and who sent you here. The good words we say and the good deeds we do are not ours. They are the words and deeds of the One who brought us here."

I interpret the One as you and me and other, individuated sparks of the Whole. I am well aware that when I tap in I am outside of my identity, the one I no longer wish to defend. My connection with the unified field, the bands which I tune to are an inner intelligence from which I am not separated, if that makes sense. Part of me.

I would not have spoken as she did though I feel her deep intent between the words and with that I vibe.
I hear what you are saying. It's different for me though. For me, when I am outside of my body, I AM my identity -- the 'who' I am right here, right now. I think you are right about no longer wishing to 'defend' that. For me, I just AM (it just IS, justice).

I used to 'identify' with the idea of all of us being part of 'the One'. Ultimately, it just comes across as another kind of religion -- like we're incomplete fragments trying our darnedest to get back into a 'whole'. For me, I've worked hard at being a 'fragment', an individuated soul. I am complete, and I will not allow anyone to take that away from me. As far as I'm concerned, it's the whole point of my existence.
Pris

Post by Pris »

Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

Phil

Post by Phil »

[youtube][/youtube]
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

STAND TALL ... "My brothers stand around me and my sisters are within me. Wisdom, let me attend.”

Phil

Post by Phil »

ooops, meant to post the gummi bears elsewhere, but whatever, here's as good as any...a cool take on a good childhood memory (Thanks Disney!!)...

I wanted to mention Schim Schimmel (http://schimmelsmith.com/home.html), a creator of books I loved sharing with my kids when they were young...meant to ask if that's what some of your tiger imagery is from...non-tigre, but I always loved this one:

Return to “Inspiration and Food for Thought”