Saudi Arabia grants citizenship to humanoid robot

"Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer."
-Muhammad Ali
Cristian

Saudi Arabia grants citizenship to humanoid robot

Post by Cristian »

from RT

[youtube]https://youtu.be/dMrX08PxUNY[/youtube]

Saudi Arabia has become the first country to grant citizenship to a robot. The lucky machine is Sophia the Humanoid, who was designed to look like Audrey Hepburn.

News of Sophia’s citizenship was announced at the Future Investment Initiative in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia on Wednesday.

“I am very honored and proud for this unique distinction,” Sophia said in an interview with moderator Andrew Ross Sorkin. “This is historical to be the first robot in the world to be recognized with a citizenship.”

Sophia was created by David Hanson for Hong Kong company Hanson Robotics. Hanson is known for making human-like robots.
Christine
Site Admin

Re: Saudi Arabia grants citizenship to humanoid robot

Post by Christine »

We watched this last night ... momentarily speechless with the implications.
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

I-Robot

Still controlled by human with all the greed, the entire array of emotional sickness. This rather animated and enhanced piece of machinery is programed by a greedy man who shows it by the verbiage that came out of the computer at the git go. "so happy to be around rich and famous people." Watch the inventor or said inventor closely now folks. Citizen indeed.
Sandy Clark

Post by Sandy Clark »

Well maybe in the end they will be just like our leaders today....So smart they are STUPID!!
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

Me and Carl just watched this, and, wow! First words out of his mouth was I-Robot too. And a number of other movies I can think of. Police officers? Soldiers? Yep, it's a brave new world coming all right : ( I also noticed almost as many people gave it the thumbs down as those who liked it.
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....

Return to “General discussions”