How the UK Government is Slowly Killing Julian Assange (His Mother's Plead)

"Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer."
-Muhammad Ali
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

This is how they do it when you cross them...

http://humansarefree.com/2018/11/how-uk ... lling.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Julian Assange's sanctuary in the Ecuadorian Embassy in London has been transformed into a little shop of horrors.

He has been largely cut off from communicating with the outside world for the last seven months. His Ecuadorian citizenship, granted to him as an asylum seeker, is in the process of being revoked. His health is failing. He is being denied medical care.

His efforts for legal redress have been crippled by the gag rules, including Ecuadorian orders that he cannot make public his conditions inside the embassy in fighting revocation of his Ecuadorian citizenship.

Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison has refused to intercede on behalf of Assange, an Australian citizen, even though the new government in Ecuador, led by Lenín Moreno - who calls Assange an "inherited problem" and an impediment to better relations with Washington - is making the WikiLeaks founder's life in the embassy unbearable.

Almost daily, the embassy is imposing harsher conditions for Assange, including making him pay his medical bills, imposing arcane rules about how he must care for his cat and demanding that he perform a variety of demeaning housekeeping chores.

The Ecuadorians, reluctant to expel Assange after granting him political asylum and granting him citizenship, intend to make his existence so unpleasant he will agree to leave the embassy to be arrested by the British and extradited to the United States.

The former president of Ecuador, Rafael Correa, whose government granted the publisher political asylum, describes Assange's current living conditions as "torture."

His mother, Christine Assange, said in a recent video appeal:

"Despite Julian being a multi-award-winning journalist, much loved and respected for courageously exposing serious, high-level crimes and corruption in the public interest, he is right now alone, sick, in pain-silenced in solitary confinement, cut off from all contact and being tortured in the heart of London. The modern-day cage of political prisoners is no longer the Tower of London. It's the Ecuadorian Embassy.

"Here are the facts,Julian has been detained nearly eight years without charge. That's right. Without charge. For the past six years, the U.K. government has refused his request for access to basic health needs, fresh air, exercise, sunshine for vitamin D and access to proper dental and medical care.

"As a result, his health has seriously deteriorated. His examining doctors warned his detention conditions are life-threatening. A slow and cruel assassination is taking place before our very eyes in the embassy in London."

"In 2016, after an in-depth investigation, the United Nations ruled that Julian's legal and human rights have been violated on multiple occasions," she said.

"He'd been illegally detained since 2010. And they ordered his immediate release, safe passage and compensation. The U.K. government refused to abide by the U.N.'s decision. The U.S. government has made Julian's arrest a priority. They want to get around a U.S. journalist's protection under the First Amendment by charging him with espionage. They will stop at nothing to do it."

"As a result of the U.S. bearing down on Ecuador, his asylum is now under immediate threat. The U.S. pressure on Ecuador's new president resulted in Julian being placed in a strict and severe solitary confinement for the last seven months, deprived of any contact with his family and friends. Only his lawyers could see him. Two weeks ago, things became substantially worse.

"The former president of Ecuador, Rafael Correa, who rightfully gave Julian political asylum from U.S. threats against his life and liberty, publicly warned when U.S. Vice President Mike Pence recently visited Ecuador a deal was done to hand Julian over to the U.S.

"He stated that because of the political costs of expelling Julian from their embassy was too high, the plan was to break him down mentally. A new, impossible, inhumane protocol was implemented at the embassy to torture him to such a point that he would break and be forced to leave."

Assange was once feted and courted by some of the largest media organizations in the world, including The New York Times and The Guardian, for the information he possessed. But once his trove of material documenting U.S. war crimes, much of it provided by Chelsea Manning, was published by these media outlets he was pushed aside and demonized.

A leaked Pentagon document prepared by the Cyber Counterintelligence Assessments Branch dated March 8, 2008, exposed a black propaganda campaign to discredit WikiLeaks and Assange. The document said the smear campaign should seek to destroy the "feeling of trust" that is WikiLeaks' "center of gravity" and blacken Assange's reputation.

It largely has worked. Assange is especially vilified for publishing 70,000 hacked emails belonging to the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and senior Democratic officials.

The Democrats and former FBI Director James Comey say the emails were copied from the accounts of John Podesta, Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton's campaign chairman, by Russian government hackers. Comey has said the messages were probably delivered to WikiLeaks by an intermediary. Assange has said the emails were not provided by "state actors."

The Democratic Party-seeking to blame its election defeat on Russian "interference" rather than the grotesque income inequality, the betrayal of the working class, the loss of civil liberties, the deindustrialization and the corporate coup d'état that the party helped orchestrate - attacks Assange as a traitor, although he is not a U.S. citizen. Nor is he a spy.

He is not bound by any law I am aware of to keep U.S. government secrets. He has not committed a crime.

Now, stories in newspapers that once published material from WikiLeaks focus on his allegedly slovenly behavior - not evident during my visits with him - and how he is, in the words of The Guardian, "an unwelcome guest" in the embassy. The vital issue of the rights of a publisher and a free press is ignored in favor of snarky character assassination.

Assange was granted asylum in the embassy in 2012 to avoid extradition to Sweden to answer questions about sexual offense allegations that were eventually dropped. Assange feared that once he was in Swedish custody he would be extradited to the United States.

The British government has said that, although he is no longer wanted for questioning in Sweden, Assange will be arrested and jailed for breaching his bail conditions if he leaves the embassy.

WikiLeaks and Assange have done more to expose the dark machinations and crimes of the American Empire than any other news organization.

Assange, in addition to exposing atrocities and crimes committed by the United States military in our endless wars and revealing the inner workings of the Clinton campaign, made public the hacking tools used by the CIA and the National Security Agency, their surveillance programs and their interference in foreign elections, including in the French elections.

He disclosed the conspiracy against British Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn by Labour members of Parliament.

And WikiLeaks worked swiftly to save Edward Snowden, who exposed the wholesale surveillance of the American public by the government, from extradition to the United States by helping him flee from Hong Kong to Moscow. The Snowden leaks also revealed, ominously, that Assange was on a U.S. "manhunt target list."

What is happening to Assange should terrify the press. And yet his plight is met with indifference and sneering contempt. Once he is pushed out of the embassy, he will be put on trial in the United States for what he published.

This will set a new and dangerous legal precedent that the Trump administration and future administrations will employ against other publishers, including those who are part of the mob trying to lynch Assange. The silence about the treatment of Assange is not only a betrayal of him but a betrayal of the freedom of the press itself. We will pay dearly for this complicity.

Even if the Russians provided the Podesta emails to Assange, he should have published them. I would have. They exposed practices of the Clinton political machine that she and the Democratic leadership sought to hide.

In the two decades I worked overseas as a foreign correspondent I was routinely leaked stolen documents by organizations and governments. My only concern was whether the documents were forged or genuine.

If they were genuine, I published them. Those who leaked material to me included the rebels of the Farabundo Marti National Liberation Front (FMLN); the Salvadoran army, which once gave me blood-smeared FMLN documents found after an ambush; the Sandinista government of Nicaragua; the Israeli intelligence service, the Mossad; the Federal Bureau of Investigation; the Central Intelligence Agency; the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) rebel group; the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO); the French intelligence service, Direction Générale de la Sécurité Extérieure, or DGSE; and the Serbian government of Slobodan Milosovic, who was later tried as a war criminal.

We learned from the emails published by WikiLeaks that the Clinton Foundation received millions of dollars from Saudi Arabia and Qatar, two of the major funders of Islamic State.

As secretary of state, Hillary Clinton paid her donors back by approving $80 billion in weapons sales to Saudi Arabia, enabling the kingdom to carry out a devastating war in Yemen that has triggered a humanitarian crisis, including widespread food shortages and a cholera epidemic, and left close to 60,000 dead.

We learned Clinton was paid $675,000 for speaking at Goldman Sachs, a sum so massive it can only be described as a bribe.

Alexander: Did you know Bill and Hillary Clinton made $240 Million since leaving the White House, mainly from hundreds of paid speeches?

We learned Clinton told the financial elites in her lucrative talks that she wanted "open trade and open borders" and believed Wall Street executives were best-positioned to manage the economy, a statement that directly contradicted her campaign promises.

We learned the Clinton campaign worked to influence the Republican primaries to ensure that Donald Trump was the Republican nominee. We learned Clinton obtained advance information on primary-debate questions. We learned, because 1,700 of the 33,000 emails came from Hillary Clinton, she was the primary architect of the war in Libya. We learned she believed that the overthrow of Muammar Gaddafi would burnish her credentials as a presidential candidate.

The war she sought has left Libya in chaos, seen the rise to power of radical jihadists in what is now a failed state, triggered a massive exodus of migrants to Europe, seen Libyan weapon stockpiles seized by rogue militias and Islamic radicals throughout the region, and resulted in 40,000 dead.

Should this information have remained hidden from the American public? You can argue yes, but you can't then call yourself a journalist.

"They are setting my son up to give them an excuse to hand him over to the U.S., where he would face a show trial," Christine Assange warned.

"Over the past eight years, he has had no proper legal process. It has been unfair at every single turn with much perversion of justice. There is no reason to consider that this would change in the future. The U.S. WikiLeaks grand jury, producing the extradition warrant, was held in secret by four prosecutors but no defense and no judge.

"The U.K.-U.S. extradition treaty allows for the U.K. to extradite Julian to the U.S. without a proper basic case. Once in the U.S., the National Defense Authorization Act allows for indefinite detention without trial. Julian could very well be held in Guantanamo Bay and tortured, sentenced to 45 years in a maximum-security prison, or face the death penalty.

"My son is in critical danger because of a brutal, political persecution by the bullies in power whose crimes and corruption he had courageously exposed when he was editor in chief of WikiLeaks."

(Go to link for last video release before communications were cut)

Assange is on his own. Each day is more difficult for him. This is by design. It is up to us to protest. We are his last hope, and the last hope, I fear, for a free press.

"We need to make our protest against this brutality deafening," his mother said.

"I call on all you journalists to stand up now because he's your colleague and you are next. I call on all you politicians who say you entered politics to serve the people to stand up now.

"I call on all you activists who support human rights, refugees, the environment, and are against war, to stand up now because WikiLeaks has served the causes that you spoke for and Julian is now suffering for it alongside of you.

"I call on all citizens who value freedom, democracy and a fair legal process to put aside your political differences and unite, stand up now. Most of us don't have the courage of our whistleblowers or journalists like Julian Assange who publish them, so that we may be informed and warned about the abuses of power."

By Chris Hedges, Guest writer, best-selling author.
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....
Sandy Clark

Re: How the UK Government is Slowly Killing Julian Assange (His Mother's Plead)

Post by Sandy Clark »

Hi Spiritwind,

Just FB his Mother's plea on video and his last video communication..... Two separate posts.....let see if it will become public to friends on my feed. <3
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

I’m not going to copy and paste the whole thing, but here is the latest news on Assange. I wonder how much they (the US) paid the Ecuadorian government for giving him up.

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange arrested at Ecuadorian Embassy in London, 'on behalf of' US

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wi ... Uax0COXgUs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Assange was arrested Thursday morning after his asylum status was withdrawn.
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....
Fred Steeves

Post by Fred Steeves »

And now he'll be dragged here to "the land of the free and the home of the brave" to pay the high price for exposing empire's soft white underbelly.

Journalists take notice, that is to what few of you remain loyal to something other than your social status and your pay check...
The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

At the risk of possibly being censored, I thought to post some more news about Julian Assange. The Man in my opinion is definitely a good guy fighting for the truth in this wicked world of pure corruption. I do pray that he gets to testify in front of congress, because I think there is a much bigger and deeper operation going on here than what the lame stream media is portraying and even the Alternative news sources. So here are some posts to ponder in the research and search for some kind of truth.

Qanon April 11 2019 - Panic

By prayingmedic
Published on Apr 11, 2019

Panic overtakes Washington DC after Attorney General William Barr says he believes the Obama administration spied on Donald Trump and we get an update from Q on Julian Assange.
https://youtu.be/YvknvevezL8

And then there is this guy who does a pretty good job of exposing the deep state crap and he is talking about JA

PANIC IN DC! Julian Assange Carried Out Of Embassy

By RedPill78
Published on Apr 11, 2019
More Baker Testimony, Nunes brings yet another lawsuit, Baker testifies and has much to say, JW uncovers iron clad evidence of HRC coverup, Witness Comey for the prosecution
https://youtu.be/Dk0VWmSrtC8

Now here is an article by another from the Millium Report.

Fifth Estate Under Dire Threat with the Arrest of Julian Assange

Posted on April 11, 2019

Source: State of the Nation

Alt Media’s Top Investigative Journalists Being Targeted Everywhere by Deep State

The Millennium Report

With the arrest of WikiLeak’s founder Julian Assange, the Fifth Estate has been put on notice. Here’s why:

Should any investigative journalist publish material that seriously threatens the establishment or undermines the status quo, they will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and by any means possible.

Assange has already been the victim of patently false charges and malicious prosecutions.

The whole world has witnessed the U.S., UK and Sweden conspire to concoct frivolous charges against the truth-telling Assange.

The people of the planet have also watched London hold him hostage for nearly 7 years in an Ecuadorian embassy prison cell.

The Brazen Arrest

Undoubtedly the brazen arrest of Assange will have far-reaching repercussions for the Truth Movement as well as massive blowback for the Dark Side.

The warnings and caveats associated with the audacious arrest of Assange are, of course, many and profound. And, they deeply affect every Alt Media platform in the world. As follows:

MESSAGE: Don’t share sensitive information or radioactive data that puts the Deep State and/or the Shadow Government in a negative light.

The upshot of this highly consequential saga is this: That the Fifth Estate and Alt Mediamust work harder than ever to expose The Powers That Be.

The only way to take down the Global Control Matrix is to reveal — in all of its gory details — its inner workings. For example:

Here’s another Alt Media exposé that will prevent New World Order globalist cabal from realizing their plan for a One World Government:

Conclusion

There’s no question that the global power structure has never been so vulnerable and under such relentless attack by real journalism.

With the advent of the Internet, citizen journalists around the globe have been releasing flaming arrows into the Deep State castle each and every day.

Likewise, not a week goes by that a major conspiracy — VERY REAL CONSPIRACIES— is not exposed that greatly diminishes the stature and influence of the power elite.

The Powers That Be are now being run ragged by their futile efforts to censor so much truth being downloaded hourly into the public domain.

Truly, investigative journalists like Julian Assange have made life for the Shadow Government quite miserable as the Fifth Estate will continue to do.

The dark forces who covertly run the world know that, with the irreversible outing of “fake news”, it’s only a matter of time before the Mainstream Media collapses under the weight of its own corruption and criminality. That’s because … … …

The Fifth Estate Casts Its Shadow Like a Massive Mothership

Julian Assange was, and is, the torchbearer for the Fifth Estate. He is the global spearhead of the Alt Media. The Truth Movement must do everything possible to stop this witch hunt that has allowed all the real witches to go free.
#FreeAssange

The Millennium Report
April 11, 2019

Now it is that we all have and take different views on what we see and find in our searching for truth. Sure this stuff is what rolls across the movie screen of the world but unfortunately we are stuck on the movie screen whether we want to be or not. When the time comes to transcend this 3D world then none of this will matter will it? Today is a good day to die, it has been said.

Smile it makes your heart shine
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

And here is just one more view/opinion. Now first we get all the horrible stuff that the governments are doing to this man and yes they are just like they are doing to anyone that speaks the truth about their criminal activities. In my opinion it is worth it to look at all the sides of any news about good guys and bad guys. That way we can choose and make up our own minds about what is or not really happening. One must agree that this is so hard to do in todays world of gulosh news. So trying to present many view points to help weave a way around.

Julian Assange's Arrest: The 4-D Chess Truth Behind The Headlines?
https://youtu.be/nWrtNiDhDJs

smile it makes your spirit shine
Fred Steeves

Post by Fred Steeves »

LostNFound wrote: Thank you Christine for the heart felt sentiments and Fred for your well known view and opinion. I for one shall not grace these halls in this thread any longer.
LostNFound wrote:So Thank you all again. I have learned something here and I prefer to see it as a positive step.
Steven, what gives man? You're not going to grace the halls of the border wall thread any more with the sheer nonsense of Qanon/Trump playing 5D chess thing, just move it somewhere else and set up shop again? Maybe the audience will "get it" this time, that "aha" moment, if you just keep on pressing it, and pressing it, and pressing it?

I know you're a good and well intentioned man, and that really does mean something, but ffs both at TheOneTruth, and now here, it's like having an evangelist pounding on the front door at every opportunity to shove Jesus down my damn throat. It's one thing to do it in a place like that Q echo chamber over at The Project, but to keep on at it where people see through that kind of shite and don't want it in their faces constantly is quite another.

What was learned on the border wall thread, what positive step was taken, that now another subject has to spiral back down into this?

I'm being asked, yet again (sigh), to not only continue waiting for all the other unfulfilled Q promises since October 2017, but now to wait on the latest promise that this current neocon government is actually going to set Assange free. That's utterly ridiculous on the face of it. They're going to make a fine example out of him, that certain ilk of old school journalism that still dares expose government crimes.

I *am* however willing to wait for the old Steven to return, I miss him...

Socrates
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

Fred Steeves wrote:
LostNFound wrote: Thank you Christine for the heart felt sentiments and Fred for your well known view and opinion. I for one shall not grace these halls in this thread any longer.
LostNFound wrote:So Thank you all again. I have learned something here and I prefer to see it as a positive step.
Steven, what gives man? You're not going to grace the halls of the border wall thread any more with the sheer nonsense of Qanon/Trump playing 5D chess thing, just move it somewhere else and set up shop again? Maybe the audience will "get it" this time, that "aha" moment, if you just keep on pressing it, and pressing it, and pressing it?

I know you're a good and well intentioned man, and that really does mean something, but ffs both at TheOneTruth, and now here, it's like having an evangelist pounding on the front door at every opportunity to shove Jesus down my damn throat. It's one thing to do it in a place like that Q echo chamber over at The Project, but to keep on at it where people see through that kind of shite and don't want it in their faces constantly is quite another.

What was learned on the border wall thread, what positive step was taken, that now another subject has to spiral back down into this?

I'm being asked, yet again (sigh), to not only continue waiting for all the other unfulfilled Q promises since October 2017, but now to wait on the latest promise that this current neocon government is actually going to set Assange free. That's utterly ridiculous on the face of it. They're going to make a fine example out of him, that certain ilk of old school journalism that still dares expose government crimes.

I *am* however willing to wait for the old Steven to return, I miss him...
Oh come on Fred, You have a good propensity to miss quote or quote on what you think another might be saying. First of all I did not say that I was not going to grace the halls of the border wall thread with Q or Trump stuff. I merely said I was not going to grace the halls of the border wall topic anymore because I truly do respect the opinions of others and it was clear that the border wall is not wanted in that thread. I gave my opinion on the issue but it was not respected as far as I could see simply because you and others had to tell me that my opinion should not matter if I believe in either thwe Q phenomenon or Trump per se. In fact you made the comment of going off to plant a garden or some such if I was going to talk about either of those peoples. Is that what happens on the social media, is that what happens in communist China. People are censored heavily for believing in anything that doesn't fit the proper narrative? doesn't go along with the main line of BS?

As for the one truth place, haven't been there for quite sometime and can see that it is a real comfortable place for you to hang out simply because those folks are all New agers and Left leaning people that hate, hate hate anything about Trump and the Q. Gee. Such one sided 1984 style folks that just love newspeak. Anyway enough of that.

I really don't feel I am ramming anything down yours or anyone elses throat. you don't have to read it if you don't want. its not like I am standing at your door step with a gun and telling you what to believe or anything.

I respect your right and belief to dislike Trump and not believe in the Q. Not my place to ram anything down your throat. Just so happens the issues that are brought up on this forum are quite controversial and I happen to see things a bit different I guess. If that is a real no no for Christine who owns the forum and she tells me to never post stuff about Trump or Q unless it is completely negative then I would respect that and never do it again on this forum.

I find it a bit strange that someone can post their own opinion about how they think Germany and Hitler were wronged in life but yet if someone posts the same sort of thing about how maybe Trump and Q are being portrayed wrongly, suddenly its a complete different matter. I am just trying to understand if this is an open minded forum or a closed up shop where only the pure positive can be discussed and everyone has to agree to the same line of thinking?

As for Q, you obviously do not follow and so you haven't been paying attention to the proofs that have piled up, which there are many my friend. I wil tell you this. When I first heard about Q, I too thought it might be a joke or another Benny Full of crap fulford thing. Geez it could have been a Corey Goode pysop. or David Wilcock or cliff high or any of those "gimme your money and I will tell you what you want to hear people. Tons of them and sure the videos on youtube do project the pay me stuff, I see that and it makes me do deeper research. However, Q has never asked for money that I know of since I have been following. (This is for all of you to know), All I have ever heard and watched and seen happen is a push for our freedoms and taking back this country from the ones that destroyed it prior to Trump taking the position of POTUS. Sure the guy is full of Ego and yes he probably could be a real asshole but he ain't no run of the mill politician and he is doing good things for this country whether you want to believe that or not.

You can wait and wait for the promises you think are unfilled because you refuse to believe there are any. Sorta just like the dimwits that will not believe the Mueller report that Trump and his team never did any collusion that were all made up crap by them to begin with. Geez how much more in your face can this stuff get before people will realize the demoncrates have been lying to us all along and they are the ones that want the NWO and and and and and and. Never ending destroyers they are. Yes they are the destroyers. Hello, what have they ever done for this country, the people that is good? I can say the same thing about the damn Republicans also. Government in general are the evil we all face on this world.

As for the old Steven, Would you care to explain your perception of the old Steven to me. I am not sure what you might have thought who I was. I don't think I have ever given an impression of being someone else. If I have, that is my mistake I would say. I am just one of those warriors for freedom to be truthful and have always been. The world changes and we all have to choose how we take our steps everyday.

So just to say, Thank you Fred for the response. You don't have to read anything I might post, that is your freedom of choice but I sure would like the same in return. So If you don't like who you think I might be, I would at least ask that you do not try and change me to your ways in life. 'We all get to be and do as we are. I will refuse to live in a 1984 style world.

Steven
Fred Steeves

Post by Fred Steeves »

The force of divisiveness is strong in the Q material, very strong; I wish you well on that journey Steven.

Socrates
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

Thank you kindly my friend, there are many forces in this world today that are divisive. Perhaps they shall dissolve the wrongness in our lives and we shall all become the oneness we all were in the beginning. I to wish you well in your journeys.

Steven

Return to “General discussions”