Don't Take Things PERSONALLY

"Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer."
-Muhammad Ali
Christine
Site Admin

Don't Take Things PERSONALLY

Post by Christine »

[youtube][/youtube]

A profound truth that will help keep your detachment full and solve a lot of issues that most people grapple with, both consciously and subconsciously. Enjoy!
Naga_Fireball

Re: Don't Take Things PERSONALLY

Post by Naga_Fireball »

For me the video came through but the audio did not. :lol:
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

The audio came through for me but no picture, which was a better deal I think, LOL! This might be a good one to keep on hand lest I forget this sage wisdom. I have been practicing this very thing for years and it has greatly improved my quality of life. It was hell back when I took everything personal, real and imagined. And not taking it personal doesn't necessarily mean not taking action, or being a martyr either, it just means for me, letting go of needing to be right by making the other person wrong. We may all share our outer reality but our inner worlds can be vastly different from one another. Thanks for posting this.
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....
Sam

Post by Sam »

Clearly that is a great message... note at the beginning it is pointed out "this is the second agreement" and I assumed he was referring to his... Don Miguel Ruiz's - The Four Agreements which are...

Be impeccable with your word

Don't take things personally

Don't make assumptions

Always do your best

When that book found its way into my hands back in the spring of 2001, 6 months later I was divorced... in part because I took these recommendations seriously.

Return to “General discussions”