Tell The Truth = Arsehole?

"Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer."
-Muhammad Ali
testcat

Re: Tell The Truth = Arsehole?

Post by testcat »

Sooz,

follow this link ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=avatar" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maximum dimensions User avatar ; width: 190 pixels, height: 190 pixels, file size: 35.00 KiB.
Cruella de Vil

Post by Cruella de Vil »

Re my avatar, I just googled resize pic and got a site to change the size. Easy Peasy!

By the way, that is not a pic of me. It's a photo from the 1920's I think, a model for the Chanel perfume, 'Cuir de Russie'. Long story behind that but I'll leave it there, lol...

And yes the furry thing on her head I believe is de-sexed, registered and micro-chipped. :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Cruella de Vil
Rob Halford

Post by Rob Halford »

Cruella de Vil wrote:
By the way, that is not a pic of me.
Cheers,
Cruella de Vil
No shit?
You're from the Ministry of the Bleeding Obvious?
Ní siocháin go saoirse
Cruella de Vil

Post by Cruella de Vil »

Rob Halford wrote:
Cruella de Vil wrote:
By the way, that is not a pic of me.
Cheers,
Cruella de Vil
No shit?
You're from the Ministry of the Bleeding Obvious?
You, your Lordship can go forth and multiply... :lol:
norman

Post by norman »

Hey you two............... we're all empaths around here...... :lol:

"The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy." -- Charles de Montesquieu
Cruella de Vil

Post by Cruella de Vil »

Sorry Norman, I forgot where I was.

Ozzies are a bit of a shock to the system. Ain't never gunna change us. :twisted:

x
Pluto's Child

Post by Pluto's Child »

Rob Halford wrote:Hey forumnuggets.
I have a question for your consideration.
Why is it that if you tell people bullshit, they love you, but if you tell the truth you're THE arsehole?
Most of you know me, you have seen what I am talking about on Avalon, which is a microcosm.
I have a stack of nuggets on facebook who wanna be acknowledged as ''authorities'' or ''gurus'' on law, but are what I call shit talkers.
When I call them out, they respond with threats and slander.
Why do I bother?
Because people seek help/info and then these cretins come along and talk utter crap, which can result in some poor bastard telling the court garbage, in good faith.
Some people have been threatened with mental assessments.
So, I come along and end up with my usual crown, arsehole of the world.
What sort of upside down nuggetry is this?
I wanted to respond to this but got side tracked elsewhere.....

This is becoming quite a phenomenon now IMO.

The people who do this have got "projective moronity disorder", that is they project their stupidity onto others, it's a kind of intellectual narcissism.

How it works is this, they don't understand what you are saying, and rather than realise that they haven't understood, they think you don't make sense because you are the thick one.

This is happening in all areas of life, and will get worse because "education" has switched from facts to opinions, in another 10 years the film "Idiocracy" will be real life.
norman

Post by norman »

Great thoughts and great post Pluto. I see it's nearly a week old, but I missed it untill now.

"Projective Moronity Disorder".............. jeeze, so true it made me chuckle.
"The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy." -- Charles de Montesquieu
Anders

Post by Anders »

Rob Halford wrote: Why is it that if you tell people bullshit, they love you, but if you tell the truth you're THE arsehole?
People reacting strongly is their protection mechanism. We seem to be living in a kind of 'Matrix', not as in the movie but that humanity was separated from the truth at the dawn of history in order for us to develop our own and unique civilization. So the Matrix is a necessary cosmic trick. We humans, then, have been living our entire lives based on a false reality. And most of us likely can't "handle the truth" yet. We would go bonkers if the full truth was revealed to us. So the truth has do be introduced step by step in a careful manner. As Morpheus said in the Matrix movie:

"The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it."
Pris

Post by Pris »

Anders wrote:
Rob Halford wrote: Why is it that if you tell people bullshit, they love you, but if you tell the truth you're THE arsehole?
People reacting strongly is their protection mechanism. We seem to be living in a kind of 'Matrix', not as in the movie but that humanity was separated from the truth at the dawn of history in order for us to develop our own and unique civilization. So the Matrix is a necessary cosmic trick. We humans, then, have been living our entire lives based on a false reality. And most of us likely can't "handle the truth" yet. We would go bonkers if the full truth was revealed to us. So the truth has do be introduced step by step in a careful manner. As Morpheus said in the Matrix movie:

"The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it."
Oh, gawd. Here we go again. Any excuse to talk about 'the matrix', eh?

Return to “General discussions”