Tell The Truth = Arsehole?

"Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer."
-Muhammad Ali
Rob Halford

Tell The Truth = Arsehole?

Post by Rob Halford »

Hey forumnuggets.
I have a question for your consideration.
Why is it that if you tell people bullshit, they love you, but if you tell the truth you're THE arsehole?
Most of you know me, you have seen what I am talking about on Avalon, which is a microcosm.
I have a stack of nuggets on facebook who wanna be acknowledged as ''authorities'' or ''gurus'' on law, but are what I call shit talkers.
When I call them out, they respond with threats and slander.
Why do I bother?
Because people seek help/info and then these cretins come along and talk utter crap, which can result in some poor bastard telling the court garbage, in good faith.
Some people have been threatened with mental assessments.
So, I come along and end up with my usual crown, arsehole of the world.
What sort of upside down nuggetry is this?
Ní siocháin go saoirse
Naga_Fireball

Re: Tell The Truth = Arsehole?

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Facebook is kind of a bottomless pit. The deranged waste much of their time on what equates to forum maintenance, except, it's totally selfish narcissistic Image Preening.

Sadly, the more time each user spends preening, the less he or she has left for group mental hygiene. People who are Alone on Facebook too long tend to accrete crust.

Those who are less self centered find themselves befriending strangers just to get away from the sound of silence. IMO!

If only folks realized facebook is supposed to be more formal in and of itself than the cellphone games they are raised on. In a classroom setting people used to take turns and raise hands.

Without the teacher /traffic cop, things can spiral out of control as each facebook user descends more deeply into the artificial self image & accompanying cyber fiefdom.

I really dont understand facebook too well, which makes it scary. Did the gov really think it was too big to fail?? Lol
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

P.s. the illusion of being trendy is a huge part of facebook psychology , a way to control the masses
~William Cowper
Hermit

Post by Hermit »

*In case this post is not in line with the general views of the forum founders, I'm going to ask right off the bat that the mods kindly delete said post should a conflict occur. The opinion expressed is my own and in no way should be seen as the general opinion of the members of this forum, or the moderators, or owners.

A couple of weeks back I re-joined another forum, let's call it the bum's tooth (TBT for short) because I wanted to re-connect with people in the alt community I'd been friends with, and generally needed to reach out to people. I'm lonely, that's the bottom line. Communicating with people through the forums helps with that.

I also happen to listen to a program on a certain digital network, one hosted by an elder within the alt community we shall only refer to as the Martian. The network was/is (as I understand it) experiencing financial troubles because a big draw left to pursue a career in Art. Painting bells.

The Martian went on air before Christmas and explained that the subscription to the archives of his programs, $5/month, was now helping to keep the program AND the network on the air, his producer telling him that the Martian's program was now the main draw/funding agent.

One day I noticed at TBT that the Martian's programs were being produced into videos, loaded up to a private youtube account, and shared on the forum for members of TBT to view...without payment to the Martian. I contacted the Martian with links, and was told they would look into it. Subsequently, I posted (probably hastily) on that forum that I thought what the mods at TBT were doing was not only a violation of copyright, but given the financial difficulties being experienced at that particular digital network, it was a really negative thing to provide access to the radio program in video format for free (well, you could donate to TBT I suppose...bottom line, it's wrong.)

TBT promptly banned me and sent me an e-mail that basically told me I had a negative attitude and I should consider doing yoga. Nothing they were doing was wrong, or illegal.

It might also be interesting to note that TBT's founder, Macaroni, is poised to interview the Martian in February.

Rob there are two lessons to learn from all of this.

1. If you're happy with the shit you're in, don't be surprised if when spreading it you stir up other people's.
2. Don't be shocked by what's happening to you. If you truly are that naive to think you can do what you're doing without causing a bru-haw-haw, then I would like to suggest you probably need a thicker skin. It happens. It's the nature, not of the community, but the psychology of the people that partake of it (and in some cases, are addicted to it).

You say people at Avalon are upset with you.

No.

Really?

Say it ain't so. ;)
Ingressum instruas, progressum dirigas, egressum compleas.
Hermit

Post by Hermit »

Or, for a shorter more condensed version, and I say this with the most love and kindness possible...

Aw.....princess.

:)
Ingressum instruas, progressum dirigas, egressum compleas.
dianna

Post by dianna »

Don't worry Rob ...
dead leaves can't breathe ...

Pris

Post by Pris »

Hermit wrote:1. If you're happy with the shit you're in, don't be surprised if when spreading it you stir up other people's.
2. Don't be shocked by what's happening to you. If you truly are that naive to think you can do what you're doing without causing a bru-haw-haw, then I would like to suggest you probably need a thicker skin. It happens. It's the nature, not of the community, but the psychology of the people that partake of it (and in some cases, are addicted to it).

No.

Really?

Say it ain't so. ;)
I think you summed it up well, Hermit.

You're not your average, run-of-the-mill nugget, Rob. More often than not, speaking your voice and sharing what you consider to be right (especially if it is controversial) will make you a target.
karelia
Site Admin

Post by karelia »

Siiiiiiiiiigh. It's not happening just to you, Rob.

We have reached a point here in this simulation/illusion/"reality" where people don't want the truth. Not only do they not want it, they will attack anyone who even remotely attempts to offer nuggets of truth.

I've come to the conclusion that whilst it is my moral obligation to point out the wrongs, I hold absolutely no responsibility for anyone who wants to remain a good, obedient slave. I point it out. Duty done. Until I come across the next wrong. -shrugs-

The question is, do we do this because it seems the right thing to do, or do we do this because we KNOW it is? It comes down to ethics, and I rather have a clear conscience than be Miss Popularity. So I'll just continue.
https://myqueenisnature.net/

Honesty prospers in every condition of life -
Friedrich Schiller
Rob Halford

Post by Rob Halford »

Hermit wrote: Rob there are two lessons to learn from all of this.

1. If you're happy with the shit you're in, don't be surprised if when spreading it you stir up other people's.

No.

Really?

Say it ain't so. ;)
I think you have gotten the wrong end of the stick.
I wasn't saying I am shocked nor am I complaining.
My point is merely why are bystanders who are NOT the ones who are the liarnuggets throwing rocks at the truth teller rather than the ones lying to them?
Ní siocháin go saoirse
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

They can see that you are rowing in the "wrong direction" but they can't see the nice island you're trying to reach.

They buy in to the corporate & religious lie because it somehow fulfills their need for reassurance.

What a thinker needs is time to think, not the reassurance of the masses. I can see why tge culture rubs you wrong.

I have a cousin who writes hate speech (maybe two) getting thumbs up from a grandma . on FB.
And this from conservatives ... These are people who are either affiliated with the military or at least related to a servicemember.

Maybe it's like chest beating 8(
~William Cowper

Return to “General discussions”