Genetic Engineering vs AI

"Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer."
-Muhammad Ali
Naga_Fireball

Genetic Engineering vs AI

Post by Naga_Fireball »

I've noticed recently how artificial intelligence is discussed with almost churchlike regularity on our forums...

But the genetic engineering of humans is a subject avoided by most.

Is that because genetic engineering constitutes a visceral fear?

It is so horrible that we cannot face it.

We cannot accept the concept of a dead soul staring out from a living face.

Yet all it really takes to create such a monstrosity is one scientist with the proper knowledge.

Why is it so easy to believe in some ultimate imaginary Creator, yet so difficult to accept that real people can accomplish so much more, so much faster, thanks to the nature of evil.
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
Edythe

Re: Genetic Engineering vs AI

Post by Edythe »

Hi Naga.. I think that almost all humans are programmed from birth to believe and revere a small g god (AI, Archon virus etc). This programming has certain taboos that are triggered by all of our human senses. Even awakened and aware humans still have some degree of taboo triggering programs running. I believe that 'genetic engineering of humans' is only for the small g gods and their accomplices along with stem cell research etc, therefore, this is taboo. I think that our community has it's taboos too. Genetic engineering and AI (human created AI) has only the power that we give it. AI has become a buzz word for any entitiy(s) that cause great harm to the human psyche. Even the letters 'AI' have their own taboo energy!

I do believe that there are genetically engineered humans on earth who do not have a soul. They were created specifically for a purpose. I think that other scientists are starting to catch on to this too. I was watching a program on the Science Channel the other night. An interview with a researcher really caught my attention. He said that it was his belief that many of the sociopaths on earth do not contain a human soul.

What better way to invade our consciousness and control our government and people? Set up a religious system and program it with taboos that prevent us from asking questions and prevents us from taking action against small g gods.. create human containers for sociopathic entities to enter and live in this dimension.. so they can create wars and murders and rape and plunder.

Of course, this is just my opinion... and you know what they say about those! :mrgreen: :lol:

love E
“The courage to Love fiercely is the first quality of a true Spiritual Warrior." ~ E
Hermit

Post by Hermit »

I hope I never have to address this issue theologically as a reality. I suspect, and others in the alt community, also believe it's already happened in China, and probably Russia to some extent.

Morally, it's wrong to create for the purpose of using human life as a commodity. You don't grow babies for stem cells, you don't grow human beings for spare parts. I suspect the reason might go something like this.

As I do believe that imaginary creator, let's just call it God, exists; it could be said that in the same way God could be said to have used evolution as a tool or method of His creation, similarly cloning and genetic engineering could also be used as a tool. Which is to say that a human created by other humans not using conventional methods would, I believe, be in possession of a soul and have the rights to freedom and happiness that EVERY human being on this planet is entitled to.

(As to the comments about religious systems preventing us from moving forward, taking action against small g gods, I'd suggest this: any religious system which prevented or advocated against such action wouldn't be worth it's salt. I'd also suggest that the word 'religious' could, and probably should, be removed from the statement to more accurately describe the situation. Science can be a religion. Political systems of belief can carry the same weight as any religion, as can atheism.

When we start compartmentalizing in prejudicial comments, regardless of how morally justified we may believe we are being, we are demonstrating symptoms of a matrix hive mind. Hate belongs in that hive, no matter how visceral or apparently justified.)
Ingressum instruas, progressum dirigas, egressum compleas.
Phil

Post by Phil »

Neither genetic engineering nor AI development advances because of "the nature of evil"...only our (valid) fear of them does.

The technology of both have more implications (and particularly more danger, threats to humanity/life) than we as a species seem currently capable of handling.

Those who wield the power of either ARE in fact "lower-case g gods" to those of us without them...and in the case of either a frankenstien's monster type scenario is most likely, where if the more powerful creation attains a self awareness, it becomes uncontrollable.

The nature of evil is a relative concept IMO, meaning harmful to us and what we love. I see tons of stuff in media and pop culture (particularly JJ Abrahms produced stuff) and video games where megalomaniacal humans think genetic (and cybernetic) enhancement is created for the purpose of survival/security or creating "superior" life evolving or scientific curiosity or any host of reasons that the "creator" does not create out of "evil"

I believe there is a purpose for everything, and that "evil" is some entity/diety/abstraction (like "random") that only exists as a creation in our mind to fill gaps in our understanding or awareness of reality. It is the manipulation and/or twisting of the genetically built Ito our bodies' survival mechanism of fear that gives it power...it seems to be some entities' purposes are served by giving making that healthy feature of humanity into irrational cognitive dissonances.

That is why "know thyself" is so important. Easier said than done, but facing our fears from a detached and impersonal way will allow us to overcome any problems that our within our control. If we let emotions and bad ideas control our thinking, we're just gonna keep making more problems.
What is the purpose of your presence?
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

Here is the rub for me, they go hand in hand. The aspect of genetic engineering is well discussed all over the internet and I am happy to explore all the aspects of it here. You are all so wonderful, please excuse my seeming absence as I have been multitasking in all the complexities of life on Earth as I am sure we all are. Huge hugs!
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Hermit

Post by Hermit »

I tend to agree with Christine on this one folks.

You can call me a romantic pastoralist if you want to. But, when we go back in our histories collectively, when we look at how our ancient ancestors lived (no matter what part of the planet your ancestors came from) we lived in harmony with the earth and all the creatures and plants therein. We had, and still *do* have a connection that is, I believe, built into us.

I believe that our connection to the planet, the universe, is hard wired into us from conception.

So someone will come up and say what about the benefits? What about growing hearts for people who need heart replacements, or livers, or kidneys? Yes, while these things may seem to be beneficial to people who need them, there are two problems as I see it. The first being that I hardly see this technology developing in ways where it will be available en mass to those who cannot afford it. It's tech funded by big pharma for one purpose: money.

I've been waiting for a time to jump in to post, and this might actually be the thread to do it. At the heart of why we are all here is this need to know truth, and to share truth. Everything we do in our lives tries to bring us to connections, deeper meaningful connections with people, with ideas, and with our own selves. I truly believe there are two paths we can all choose from. (With respect, Phil, relativity was never intended for morality or ethics. Einstein hated the fact that people translated his ideas into the moral realm and was emphatic about the idea that it was not meant to be so. The bulk of philosophical moral relativists that I've encountered tend to be on very shaky ground, but your mileage may vary. *Grin!!!*)

There's the path that follows the connection to ego, and there's the path that follows the connection to our greater connections to community, to our planet. When used in conjunction with that innate knowing of our connection to our environment, science, medicine, art, technology, all of our labours are fruitful in beautiful and unifying ways. Here's a doodle berry for everyone to think about. The UN General Assembly is probably going to be looking at bacteria resistance as the next great issue in our human family. Because we've abused pharma, because we've included ourselves in the legacy by default of our parents and grand parent's choices, we stand on the door step of a decision: How do we move forward? Do we move in line with the innate wisdom we need to start listening to, or do we continue to act in fear, out of fear, feeding the profit makers of fear, that drive us on like cattle? Monsanto is still pumping chemicals out into the environment, now owned by Bayer (ok tell me that's not potentially frightening!); even though there are over 125 peer reviewed papers that say that Monsanto fertilizers/chemicals are directly linked to autism, we keep using them. The numbers I've heard are saying that in the next 25 years, 4 out of 5 males will be *BORN* with autism. Setting aside the sheer conspiracy door we could open, I ask you: why are we doing this to ourselves, actively choosing?

I have said it before, I will say it again with a simple modification. The first step to breaking the matrix is to put your fingers into soil, plant an heirloom tomato. Fertilize with compost. Prune. Mow. It takes time, it teaches patience, it brings us back into connection with our planet. Learn the local herbs and medicinal plants, learn how to use them correctly and responsibly.

We're watching as people, very smart people, are introspecting the human being with metal, glass, and electricity.

Y'all wonder why I chose the nick "hermit"? :D

Pax et Bonum.
Ingressum instruas, progressum dirigas, egressum compleas.
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Hug.

I hate disturbing the peace here and freaking people out. You all are not easily rattled. I don't mean to criticize or come across as criticizing the material here. Sort of like Realeyes' last big post about delusional systems and hero worship.

I guess because of who my first semi serious boyfriend was, that i took an interest in gmo.

And also because of my uncle Clay and a book he wrote about genetic engineering and surgery (Cat Game).

I believe Robin Cook also wrote a book describing germline manipulation in order to produce children of higher intelligence, Germline .

My boyfriend Hansjorg was a genetic engineer. He has worked in countess European countries and did work in New York for the NIH before we met.

He would attend the yearly get togethers at Cold Spring Harbor, and was a key participant in developing Lambda Red Delivery System, which at the time was simply the "P1" bacteriophage project.

P1, a tiny virus that infects bacteria, is a genetic code transporter. It can be used to introduce a novel gene or series of genes into the plasmid of a bacterium.

Science has reached the point actually where yeasts provide a very suitable vector into more complex organisms. Of course P1 plays its role, in what has become a multistage event.

Some of you remember the Black Plague scare a few years ago in Germany? Maybe 2011? It just so happens that P1 is the factor allowing an easy gene swap between E. Coli and Yersinia Pestis, otherwise known as black plague.

Cat Game, the novel written by Clay Prince, talks about a more heinous form of human experimentation. Scientists interested in germline mutation wonder if an adult human would accept or reject the organs of wild animals if a special type of surface antigen is used to prime the immune system. The scientists find a retarded man and replace his sensory organs with parts from hyenas, eagles, etc. And fill him up with fetal brain stem cells and orangutan muscle stem cells... the book needed more editing but the story it tells is priceless.

Germline talks about a clinic hidden in the Pacific islands where two projects are underway: a group of animalized humans with superhuman strength, and a group of intellectually augmented humans, who happen to be children dying from the experiment... Vector K7 if im remembering.

In both novels there is a startling similarity.
The brain cells multiply too fast and kill the host.

Hugs
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper

Return to “General discussions”