where is Mike Mignola?

“But Sasha was from Russia, where the sunsets are longer, the dawns less sudden and sentences are often left unfinished from doubt as how to best end them.”
― Virginia Woolf, Orlando
Naga_Fireball

where is Mike Mignola?

Post by Naga_Fireball »

:lol: since he loved the Russian folk tales enough to rip them off, where is he with his visions of the end of the world?

He could post a lot in the Germania forum too as I recall. :mrgreen:
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
Spiritwind

Re: where is Mike Mignola?

Post by Spiritwind »

You never cease to amaze me. I had no idea who Mike Mignola was, so had to look him up. I still don't know where he is, but at least now I know who he is. For those who also don't know, he is an American comic book artist, I believe the one who came up with Hell Boy.
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....
Naga_Fireball

Re: where is Mike Mignola?

Post by Naga_Fireball »

I spooked Mike on Facebook by accident once, before he turned off letters from non friends, I said Mr Mignola you inspired me to research the Nazis and without your work, such as it is, I'd be a lot more ignorant, if that makes sense.

Before the films were released, the most popular series mike wrote was Conqueror Worm, detailing a fictional Nazi space program possibl based on mikes RL researches.

Before conqueror worm, he was famous for the oneshot story "The Corpse".

I met mike at emerald city comicon, i was wearingabright red Seattle T-shirt under a huge brown coat of my husband lol. Accidentally dressed like HB.

The man who writrs Lady Death had a few hell boy books in his box and although it offended him, I bought The Corpse and Conqueror worm on the spot then went thru the line to mikes table for autograph :)

I told him at the time, he was my very favorite.
Love his character Elizabeth Sherman and the blonde psychic secretary lady... Lol
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper

Return to “Russia - The land of untouched nature and ancient magic”