This week in review

"If life is just a highway, then the soul is just a car. And objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are."
-Jim Steinman
Christine
Site Admin

Re: This week in review

Post by Christine »

Thanks Spiritwind, I am an inner rant-aholic these days as I observe the stubborn refusal of so many people to wake to the reality we are all confronting. <3

There is a such an accumulative body of evidence to what you are sharing ... going to let it sit with me and see what arises. Mars certainly holds a huge fascination with every one I know, we are like pieces of a puzzle that we haven't put together yet.

~~~

I will add my inner vision here, one we shared in several calls. While we were viewing the fires several of us became overwhelmed with nausea on seeing that deep beneath these fires is an extremely dark ritual(s) that involved child sacrifice. As with all planned and promoted false flags there are many overlays so it is difficult to see through them all. This one was particularly heart wrenching and we were left with the feeling that the time is upon us when we will experience the full roll out that has been in play for centuries if not longer.

For those who haven't followed our deep and wide path for the many years a few of us have worked together I want to give a little explanation. We are a group of friends who formed back in 2013 and since then have gone through several reformings. We've been active and then had long periods of inactivity, basically our coming together arises from some mysterious inner call we hear individually and find ourselves simultaneously on a call. The fires in S. California was the most recent events that we viewed.

It is a rather simple manner in which we share, usually it begins with a sharing of someone's inner sight and builds from there. We often sit silently allowing our full body to participate in feeling through what often is a mass of colliding energies so it isn't easily read. There is a lot of information in the world of remote viewing that talks about triangulation which is used as a meter to establish validity; if three remote viewers tap the same field and report the same data it is considered reliable. While we aren't remote viewers it has been presented to us on many occasions that this is true. I suggest here that this inner shared sight is a natural ability that human beings possess and one that has been purposely compromised. Just now I am recalling back in the beginning how much difficulty we had in establishing even three of us on a call, it felt like a triumphant at that time when we were able to.

While viewing and then analyzing the California fires we can detect several agendas being played out in these events. The rather blatant and obvious use of DEW (directed energy weapons), the strange burn patterns where buildings are burned in a manner that "forest fires" don't burn while shrubs and trees are left standing, independent investigators are linking this to Agenda 21 and that appears to be the case (upper cabal takes valuable property for its own use).

What was felt by those of us that participated was the presence of a much darker and more nefarious energy (if that is possible) which was two fold, the known pedophilia abuse that is finally surfacing in MSM is provoking fear of discovery in many of the upper echelon of Hollywood. While viewing I inner heard the words: "scorch and burn tactic ... evidence" I wasn't looking in that direction as my focus was on a rather large sphere that was pulsing and I felt that the energy was created to fuel the winds. Lots of very confusing impressions so I really couldn't focus on any one thing until those words came in. The energy was so sickening that it took a lot of intent to simply stay in the field, not that we were actively doing anything as we've learned over time to be the silent calm observer is the most viable means of shining a light in a very dark place. Often and it was true this time there are benevolent energies that work to break dark masses loose.

Once a dark mass (Dark Mass) is loosened more conscious awareness is available and we felt that some of the traumatized souls were able to go free. I have zero evidence and no way of proving anything I am saying but inwardly I know this is true. Shared simply to encourage others to know that we are more capable than the current reality matrix allows us to see ... In good time all will be revealed.
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

I know there's a lot more going on "out there" than just the glysophate issue, but it's kind of in my face lately for various reasons and just ran across this article. I can't say it makes me happy to keep finding out it's worse than I knew, although I had my suspicions. I won't post it here but there's another one that claims that 100% of the wines coming out of California test positive for glysophates. Not wanting to sound melodramatic, but I'm starting to see Monsanto as a big evil looking demon with horns and drool hanging from its mouth just waiting to devour all life. Of course, his twin brother, big pharma, is standing right next to him (it's a big family with several other siblings as well - just don't look up).

By Carey Gillam - Monday 30 April 2018

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... nal-emails" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Weedkiller found in granola and crackers, internal FDA emails show

The FDA has been testing food samples for traces of glyphosate for two years, but the agency has not yet released any official results.

US government scientists have detected a weedkiller linked to cancer in an array of commonly consumed foods, emails obtained through a freedom of information request show.

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has been testing food samples for residues of glyphosate, the active ingredient in hundreds of widely used herbicide products, for two years, but has not yet released any official results.

But the internal documents obtained by the Guardian show the FDA has had trouble finding any food that does not carry traces of the pesticide.

“I have brought wheat crackers, granola cereal and corn meal from home and there’s a fair amount in all of them,” FDA chemist Richard Thompson wrote to colleagues in an email last year regarding glyphosate. Thompson, who is based in an FDA regional laboratory in Arkansas, wrote that broccoli was the only food he had “on hand” that he found to be glyphosate-free.

That internal FDA email, dated January 2017, is part of a string of FDA communications that detail agency efforts to ascertain how much of the popular weedkiller is showing up in American food. The tests mark the agency’s first-ever such examination.

“People care about what contaminants are in their food. If there is scientific information about these residues in the food, the FDA should release it,” said Tracey Woodruff, a professor in the University of California San Francisco School of Medicine. “It helps people make informed decisions. Taxpayers paid for the government to do this work, they should get to see the information.”

The FDA is charged with annually testing food samples for pesticide residues to monitor for illegally high residue levels. The fact that the agency only recently started testing for glyphosate, a chemical that has been used for over 40 years in food production, has led to criticism from consumer groups and the Government Accountability Office (GAO). Calls for testing grew after the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) classified glyphosate as a probable human carcinogen in 2015.

Glyphosate is best known as the main ingredient in Monsanto Co’s Roundup brand. More than 200m pounds are used annually by US farmers on their fields. The weedkiller is sprayed directly over some crops, including corn, soybeans, wheat and oats. Many farmers also use it on fields before the growing season, including spinach growers and almond producers.

Thompson’s detection of glyphosate was made as he was validating his analytical methods, meaning those residues will probably not be included in any official report.

Separately, FDA chemist Narong Chamkasem found “over-the-tolerance” levels of glyphosate in corn,detected at 6.5 parts per million, an FDA email states. The legal limit is 5.0 ppm. An illegal level would normally be reported to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), but an FDA supervisor wrote to an EPA official that the corn was not considered an “official sample”.

When asked about the emails and the agency’s testing, an FDA spokesman said only that the FDA had not found any illegal levels in corn, soy, milk or eggs, the four commodities it considers part of its glyphosate “special assignment”. He did not address the unofficial findings revealed in the emails.

The FDA’s official findings should be released later this year or early in 2019 as part of its 2016 annual residue report. The reports typically are released two to two and a half years after the data is collected.

Along with glyphosate, the agency has been trying to measure residues of the herbicides 2,4-D and dicamba because of projected increased use of these weedkillers on new genetically engineered crops. The FDA spokesman said that the agency has “expanded capacity” for testing foods for those herbicides this year.

Other findings detailed in the FDA documents show that in 2016 Chamkasem found glyphosate in numerous samples of honey. Chamkasem also found glyphosate in oatmeal products. The FDA temporarily suspended testing after those findings, and Chamkasem’s lab was “reassigned to other programs”, the FDA documents show. The FDA has said those tests were not part of its official glyphosate residue assignment.

Pesticide exposure through diet is considered a potential health risk. Regulators, Monsanto and agrochemical industry interests say pesticide residues in food are not harmful if they are under legal limits. But many scientists dispute that, saying prolonged dietary exposure to combinations of pesticides can be harmful.

Toxicologist Linda Birnbaum, who is director of the US National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS), said that current regulatory analysis of pesticide dangers does not account for low levels of dietary exposures.

“Even with low levels of pesticides, we’re exposed to so many and we don’t count the fact that we have cumulative exposures,” Birnbaum said.

The US Department of Agriculture was to start its own testing of foods for glyphosate residues in 2017 but dropped the plan.

The lack of government residue data comes as Monsanto attempts to bar evidence about glyphosate food residues from being introduced in court where the company is fighting off allegations its Roundup products cause cancer.

In a case set for trial on 18 June, San Francisco superior court judge Curtis Karnow recently denied the company’s motion to keep the jury from hearing about residues in food. The judge said that although Monsanto worries the information “will inflame the jury against Monsanto based on their own fear that they may have been exposed”, such information “should not be excluded”.

Carey Gillam is a journalist and author, and a public interest researcher for US Right to Know

*At least there is a glimmer of good news, though, in the fight against this monster:
http://www.dailypioneer.com/columnists/ ... seeds.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, I found this interesting, for anyone who has been following this case (Alfie Evans' death in the UK). And, no, I did not fact check this. You'll have to check it on your own.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6180783/a ... -hospital/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

I'm not going to copy and paste the whole article and have no way of verifying the truth of this story, but, if it is true, it is indeed quite horrifying. It really wouldn't surprise me, though. Our profit driven world makes all of these aberrant behaviors come into play. Just like prisons for profit who have no intention of making the world a safer and better place, it's all about the money. And someone pays for all the geo-engineering going on. My husband walked away from a lucrative career in medicine years ago because he couldn't take the reality that life saving efforts were completely dependent on the level of one's health insurance. In other words, if their insurance didn't cover a particular procedure, it wasn't even mentioned or made available to the patient. When instructed to change how he treated people based on this practice, knowing that certain individuals were basically being sentenced to death because of it, his conscience wouldn't let him comply thankfully. I've bumped into this even at our local veterinary's office. I'm not saying that everything should be free (well, maybe I am), but something seems intrinsically wrong with the whole "it's not personal, it's just business" motto.

ANALYSIS: Alfie Evans was executed by lethal injection; Alder Hey hospital steeped in horrifying history of organ harvesting from human babies

https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-05-01- ... r-hey.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

So a friend brought up this proposed smelter in a small town that is only 11 miles from where our property is. I looked it up just to see what the deal was. And now I feel like I'm going to have to get involved. My jaw kind of dropped, reading this. I know this is a local thing, but really, no where is safe. I could cite many examples (Flint, Michigan for one), but it's starting to feel like it's a full on fight for our lives. For some, it is. And no amount of wishing it away is going to help. Damn!

From the Kootenai Environmental Alliance

http://kealliance.org/2018/03/15/propos ... mmunities/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Proposed Smelter in Newport, WA raising concerns in local communities

A Canadian Company Called HiTest Sand is proposing to build a smelter in Newport Washington.  The proposed smelter will discharge up to 700 tons per year of nitrogen oxide, 601 tons of carbon monoxide and 760 tons of sulfur dioxide, along with 111 tons per year of particulate matter.  The smelter would be the 15th largest greenhouse gas emitter in the state of Washington.  The company also requested 240,000 gallons of water per day from the city of Newport, although they claim they will use a maximum of 8,000 per day.  This has many local residents concerned about the health of the air they breathe and the water they drink.

The company needed cheap electricity and wood chips from surrounding sawmills which is how this project ended up in Newport.  To produce pure silicon, the silica is mixed with wood chips, coal and charcoal, which is then heated in high temperature furnaces.  During the reaction, the oxygen bond is broken, leaving pure silicon.  Additionally, the oxygen bonds with carbon from the wood chips, coal and charcoal, creating carbon dioxide.

The smelter will remove soot from its emissions, but will not capture the pollutants that cause smog and acid rain.  The projected emissions from the smelter are six to 18 times greater than the threshold for new polluters in Class 1 airsheds.  Class 1 airshed is a classification under the Clean Air Act to provide the most protection to pristine lands by limiting the amount of additional air pollution that can be added to these areas.  A dozen Class 1 airsheds lie within a 185-miles radius of the smelter, including Glacier National Park and the Cabinet Mountains Wilderness Area.

Another concern is that the air pollution could affect the few remaining 11 Caribou that are located near the Canadian border of northern Idaho and eastern Washington.  The Sulphur dioxide could harm the lichen species that the caribou need to survive.

All of these concerns should be fully reviewed prior to moving forward on this project.  Please reach out to the Idaho Department of Environmental Quality and ask them to require HiTest to collect site-specific data over a 1-year period.

And, hell, while I'm at it I might just as well add this jewel to the mix.

Legislation That Would Surreptitiously Steal Social Security’s $2.9 Trillion Surplus Has Been Defeated – But 97% of Republicans Voted For It

https://www.socialsecurityworks.org/201 ... -security/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Washington, DC) — The following is a statement from Nancy Altman, President of Social Security Works, in reaction to nearly every Republican member of the House of Representatives, as well as seven Democrats, voting for a Constitutional amendment requiring that all annual revenue and spending balance every year. The amendment failed to attain the two-thirds majority required to pass it into law:

“Every pay period, starting with our first jobs, America’s workers contribute to Social Security. The program uses those funds to pay all benefits and related administrative costs. Social Security does not add even a penny to the deficit, as Republican President Ronald Reagan so clearly stated when he was president.

When Social Security runs a surplus, Social Security holds the funds in trust. Social Security currently has a $2.9 trillion accumulated surplus, which was intentionally built up over decades to cover the retirement of the Baby Boom generation. In the guise of a so-called balanced budget amendment, 233 members of the House of Representatives just voted to pretend that the accumulated surplus does not exist.

That’s because the so-called Balanced Budget Amendment would ignore the past Social Security contributions and instead require all federal spending – including Social Security spending – to be offset by revenues collected in that same year. That means that Social Security would not be allowed to use its own $2.9 trillion surplus to pay out benefits.

By voting to mandate that income and outgo match for all federal spending every year, ninety-seven percent of Republicans just voted in effect, to default on Social Security’s $2.9 trillion worth of Treasury bonds. (Ninety-six percent of Democrats voted to honor their commitment to the American people.)

That 233 politicians would vote to raid the Social Security trust funds, never to repay them, is shameful. It helps explain the low regard the American people have for Congress. Fortunately for Social Security beneficiaries, the amendment did not attain the two-thirds majority required to pass the House. But those who voted for it are now on the record in support of stealing the American people’s earned Social Security benefits.”

More information on why the so-called balanced budget amendment is a backdoor attack on Social Security is here. A list of the Members of Congress who voted for the so-called balanced budget amendment is here and on the graphic below. Click here to share the graphic on Facebook.

And, of course, Israel has been busy. You have to do your homework to see the story they are not telling you. I'm surprised they can squeeze it in with their busy schedule, you know, genociding the Palestinian people. I wasn't going to post anything on this, but since it's a week in review thread I figured I'd better not leave this out. Hawaii's a little hot right now too.

Israel and Iran on brink of war after unprecedented Syria bombardment in response to alleged Golan Heights attack

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 44291.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Biggest Israeli intervention in neighbouring Syria since beginning of civil war sparked by what IDF says was first ever direct Iranian rocket attack on its troops
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

I think rather than starting a new thread I’ll just put this here. I have often wondered about this concept of ever growing debt, and the ludicrousness of it all. Like, who really is all this debt owed to? I’m not sure I’m going with et’s but still, who owns the world?

GLOBAL DEBT IS NOW AN INSANE $164 TRILLION, BUT WHO EXACTLY DO WE OWE?

http://www.wakingtimes.com/2018/04/19/w ... do-we-owe/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Isaac Davis, staff writer
Waking Times

If you’ve ever wondered why the world seems hopelessly fraught with endless conflict, ruled corrupt states, and bent on developing a never-ending supply of advanced weaponry, you’d need to understand the nature of our debt based economy.

The IMF has just reported that total global debt is now at a staggering $164 trillion, which amounts to 225% of total global GDP. Every person on this planet could turn over everything they produce for the next two plus years and we’d still be in debt.

The number is now so astronomically high that its impossible to pay off, and so there really is no point to even trying. In fact, government’s are not at all concerned with paying off the debt because they know the number has lost it’s meaning in the face of such cartoonish proportions.

Even Alan Greenspan, former chairman of the Federal Reserve knows this, essentially admitting that the economy is structured in such a way that the only way to survive is to keep adding debt.

“The United States can pay any debt it has because we can always print money to do that. So there is zero probability of default.” ~Alan Greenspan

But who do we owe, and who’s doing all the borrowing?

In an article on this by Bloomberg, Andrew Mayeda lays the blame for such high numbers on an increase in private sector debt along with the fallout of the economic crisis of 2008.

“Surging private-sector debt, particularly in China, is driving the build-up. China has accounted for almost three-quarters of the increase in private debt since the global financial crisis, according to the fund.

The IMF figures lay bare the scale of the debt hangover from which the world is still recovering a decade after the financial crisis pushed the global banking system to the brink and tipped the world economy into recession. Governments increased spending to boost growth, while central banks resorted to unconventional methods to ease financing conditions, such as buying bonds.” [Source]

What is not said here is the how the debt bubble actually works.

Currency today is created by private institutions who create as much money as banks and governments desire. This money is created out of thin air, literally by punching a few keys on a computer and sending tiny currents of electricity to a screen which displays whatever number the private corporation wants. It is not backed by anything of value, yet these private institutions charge interest to governments and private sector borrowers.

For every dollar created and loaned, the magical money-lender demands that dollar back plus interest. Since the lender is demanding more than was created, it is mathematically impossible to ever pay off debt, because the interest simply just doesn’t exist.

This system ensures that the human race will always be in debt, and this system is the new slavery, meaning that when we owe money in this fashion we are not free to use the full power of our labor and resources to improve our communities and infrastructure. Instead, lending moves in the direction of the development of instability and weapons of war. Any time the lender wishes to flex its muscle it can create instant economic hardships by calling in this and making it more difficult to borrow money to service the debt.

The modern-day debt system maintains a tragic dramatic tension in the world, and on a planet with such abundant resources, you have to wonder with a global debt number so high, do the people of the planet owe each other, or are we really in debt to some type of off-planet entity?

This is a legitimate question, asked by researcher Catherine Austin Fitts, who wonders that with such astronomical numbers, it is possible that planet earth engaged in some type of trade with extra-terrestrials.

After years of investigative research into the trillions of dollars missing from the U.S. government, former Wall Street banker and former Assistant Secretary of Housing and Federal Housing Commissioner at the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development in the first Bush Administration, Catherine Austin Fitts has come to the conclusion that global debt may very well be owned by off-planet entities who operate planet earth as a real estate investment.

“Is earth an open or closed economy? I went to business school, I worked on Wall Street for eleven years, you know I’ve been involved in the economy my whole life and the whole time I was invited to assume that earth was a closed economy. So, if we issued debt, then other humans owned that debt. If we issued stock, other humans owned that stock. But if you look at all the economic experiences I’ve had over my whole life, in government, businesses, everything else, what I will tell you is, you know, if you ask me to describe the economic model on planet earth, I would say, ‘well planet earth is a real estate investment trust because we’re paying a dividend some place every year, and I don’t know where it’s going. It’s going into that question mark, on the planetary balance sheet.” [Source]

Looking at global debt as a transaction between the planet and some other ET force makes a good bit of sense, as it definitely does not make sense for the human race to enslave itself to itself with such an insane system.

About the Author
Isaac Davis is a staff writer for WakingTimes.com and OffgridOutpost.com Survival Tips blog. He is an outspoken advocate of liberty and of a voluntary society. He is an avid reader of history and passionate about becoming self-sufficient to break free of the control matrix. Follow him on Facebook, here.
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

This is big in the news this week and should make your eyeballs bulge. It did mine. Looks like anything goes these days.

Nathan Larson is a pedophile and a white supremacist. And he's running for Congress

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 663215002/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

I’ve went back and forth with myself about writing anything on this subject so much in the news here in the US lately. Primarily because it is such a murky unclear, and for some very volatile subject. And maybe I won’t post it (as you can see, I did muster up the courage). Let’s see what happens.

Most everyone is aware of the fact that the Trump administration is now enforcing a policy of separating children from their mothers upon trying to illegally enter the US. I’ve seen a steady flow of posts on my FB feed, with people getting quite steamed up on both sides. I’ve seen the pictures of crying toddlers, and children being kept in dog kennels. I’ve also listened to the rhetoric of various administration spokespeople who will tell you that the laws have been on the books for some long time, but just not being enforced, and how these children are being well cared for. They say that they may put them in something resembling a cell until they get processed, and blah blah blah.

I have friends and relatives, two that stand out the most. One who wouldn’t help anyone ever, cause that’s just the way she is, and the other who has mysteriously forgotten his own very checkered past when talking about how if you live in the US and commit a crime you are separated from your children. So don’t come here if you don’t want this to happen, he says. Ugh. I did have one FB friend who pointed to the fact that many of these children are being brought in with people who aren’t even related to them just to gain entry, or perhaps for other nefarious purposes. The rest that are posting about this are vehemently against the policy of separation.

And of course we all know about the problem with droves of displaced people from war torn and poverty stricken areas trying to gain entry to various countries in Europe. A similar story there, in that if you watch/read about the news (which I try very hard not to actually), you will hear stories on both sides. Some will claim how mean and uncaring their countries’ governing bodies are for not helping these people (and anyone speaking against it), while at the same time you here all these horrible stories about women being raped, crime going up, and so on. And that doesn’t include the financial burden imposed on any country receiving all these self proclaimed refugees (and I’m sure some of them are).

What a mess. First of all, as most anyone knows, I tend to go with the heart. And my heart does cry out for these children. I know first hand the damage done when ripped away from parental figures, and never receiving the reassuring hugs from those who should care (anyone caring for small children should care). In this case, due to all kinds of reasons that sounded logical when I heard them, these children, some of them very young, are not allowed to be touched, or shown any signs of affection. Even though the’ve just been taken, in some cases, from their mother who they may even still be nursing from. I have personally experienced this, and it is horrible.

The very fact that those with small children are attempting to enter this country illegally in the eyes of the US government, they are considered guilty. If they do not have documentation, or any kind of proof of their story, they have to be detained, their children taken away, until it can be proven one way or another. I understand this.

But, (here it comes), the story is so very much bigger than most can even conceive. It really is.

Sex trafficking - there are accusations I’ve seen flying around that this is part of the reason for now separating these children from the adults they are with. And I’ve even seen both, as in Trump is the good guy trying to stop this, to Trump is the bad guy and is helping certain powerful people have access to these children. I don’t know how you could prove either scenario from the sidelines, with the limited view most of us have access to. Appearances can be so skillfully manipulated these days, and the stakes must be high. Which leads to the next one.

Missing children? I have no idea whether this is true. I mean, they say there are trillions of dollars missing from the US treasury that is unaccounted for and no one knows what happened to it. And, of course, it isn’t a big news story either. Cooking the books is not an uncommon practice in many businesses. I know this for a fact. But, how can we prove that either, with our limited access to real, verifiable, evidence? If it is true, then we are literally being robbed, and that most likely contributes to why so many are struggling to make it, even while working two jobs and living in their car. We are indeed getting less and less for our hard earned dollar. The minimum wage goes up a little, and everything else goes up a little bit more.

So, yeah, there may, or may not be, missing children. We know for a fact that droves of children do indeed go missing every year. But I can’t claim to know for sure, or be able to verify the various stories about where they went, and what they are used for. I personally have no doubt that there are indeed some very vile things happening by those in high places, and that these practices can be traced back a very very long time. But I only know for sure within myself, not because of evidence I can look at and see for myself, but because I personally feel deep in my bones the truth of the matter. Plus, I do have some past life recall of such practices. Dark, very dark indeed.

Let me just interject this briefly. If you really care about children, get involved right where you live. Volunteer, speak up when you see something, help be that positive influence in children’s lives. Used to be a time when little Johnny didn’t steal the lady crossing the roads purse because everyone knew him, and would hold little Johnny accountable. Learn to speak up when you see something. I know so many people who were abused severely growing up, and no one ever said anything, not any family members, nor neighbors, nor their local church. An environment that tolerates such things doesn’t just happen over night.

Trump haters - it seems that there really is some kind of war going on behind the scenes. Does anyone really think Pence would be better? Or Killary? If you do then you’ve not done your homework. And I don’t mind coming right out and saying I don’t like Trump, and that it goes way back to when he was playing his role on a reality television program. (Hint hint, playing his role)

Previous administrations, the CIA, and the role of corporate interests is another aspect of this deep rabbit hole. Anyone who has looked at the historical evidence in the public domain about what has happened in many of these smaller countries with resources big business interests want, and want for cheap, will see a pattern of cooperation between these seemingly separate entities. They work together, and have a long history of going in, destabilizing, demonizing a particular governments policies etc., giving themselves a reason for interference, or even just go in covertly and create dissent. It’s not rocket science, and some very credible witnesses have come forward to document their involvement in this process going back to at least the early 1900’s. Of course, it goes back even further than this, but will leave that for another time.

A more recent example of the way in which our governing body works in tandem with corporate interests is looking again at what happened at Standing Rock. Our tax dollars paid for the personnel that were hired to protect corporate interests, and the permits were found to be illegally pushed through after the fact, so, essentially, they got what they wanted anyway. The pipeline has already had problems. But, it’s okay to break the law if you are a big and powerful enough corporation. It’s just not okay to break the law if you are an illegal immigrant. Sounds kind of hypocritical, if you ask me. And, all scripted diversionary and divisive tactics too, if you ask me.

I could probably continue but think I’ll leave this for now. I just want people to think more deeply before they jump to conclusions. Things are much more complicated than they appear, and taking sides against ideologies, and assertions about emotionally charged, somewhat taken out of context, stories we see peddled to the masses on all the major news stations should have you questioning the narrative. Fear and anger, and being strongly emotionally triggered about things we can’t really do anything about will not help, unless you happen to be one of the people who is close enough to what is really going on to make a difference. I have long thought that those who imagine themselves to be in control of our reality here use our emotions to manipulate the masses in ways that do not benefit us. It only benefits them. And, it creates much of the suffering that some people are literally born in to.

For me, it’s also about cultivating a mindset of being able to look at what I know, and going with that to keep my focus where it needs to be. The puppeteers don’t deserve my attention, because all it does is make me psychically tired, and have to work harder to keep my spirits up high, so that I can continue putting energy and effort into the small ways I can, in real world ways, alleviate the suffering I see around me, to keep caring, but not giving my power away.
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

There are many things going on, as always. But thought I would post some sort of good news. The fight is far from over for these people (and many others throughout the world) but maybe it will draw more attention to what is really happening there. This article is good because, unlike many others, it does go into it a bit. I love this girl! Reminds me of a few people I know.

Published on Sunday, July 29, 2018 by Common Dreams

Ahed Tamimi and Her Mother are Free - Sort Of
Ahed Tamimi and her mother were freed from prison on Sunday and Ray McGovern looks back on when he met the Tammy family last year in their West Bank village and reflects on the spirit that drives them.

by Ray McGovern

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2018 ... -free-sort" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

When they left prison on Sunday Ahed Tamimi and her mother Nariman received a hard-earned heros’ welcome from Palestinians and others opposed to Israel’s occupation and colonization of Palestinian lands seized in 1948 and enlarged by the Israeli army in 1967.

Ahed is 16 years old. Last December, an Israeli soldier shot her cousin in the face. The next day Israeli soldiers menacingly showed up at her house the West Bank village of Nabi Saleh. What would you do?

Ahed slapped one of the armed-to-the-teeth soldiers. While some Israeli politicians said she should be put away for life and others demanded a sentence of at least ten years, the Israeli occupiers sentenced her to eight months for the slap seen around the world. Her mother Nariman filmed the incident and was thrown in jail too, this time for incitement. (It was not the activist Nariman’s first time in an Israeli prison.)

Most Americans — except for the relatively few who have spent more than a few days in Israeli-occupied territories — find it hard to understand why Palestinians like Nariman and Ahed “persist.” Most people in the U.S. are blissfully unaware of the history of Palestine and of the continuing injustices inflicted on its people today. The explanation for this lies largely in the way the U.S. mass media reports the story, almost entirely from the Israelis’ point of view.

For those malnourished on Establishment media, here’s a bit of history, without which it is impossible to understand the anger and the courage-against-all-odds shown by those who continue to use what they have — even their open palms — to make clear that they will never acquiesce in Israeli occupation.

How a Homeland Gets Occupied
The Israeli attack starting the Six-Day War in early June 1967 fits snugly into the category of “war of aggression” as defined by the post-WWII Nuremberg Tribunal.  “Pre-emptive” attacks, when there is nothing to pre-empt, are now — post Iraq war — labeled more euphemistically as “wars of choice,” but that too fits the Nuremberg definition.

To begin to appreciate the injustices inflicted on millions of Palestinians, whose land Israel coveted for itself, one must un-learn the legend that in attacking its neighbors in 1967 Israel was acting in self-defense. None other than then-Prime Minister Menachem Begin (1977 – 83) undermined that piece of propaganda in a speech to the U.S. National Defense University on August 8, 1982.  (Apparently, even accomplished dissimulators get cocky on occasion and let the truth slip out.)  Here are Begin’s words:

“In June, 1967, we had a choice. The Egyptian Army concentrations in the Sinai approaches do not prove that [President Gamal Abdel)] Nasser was really about to attack us. We must be honest with ourselves. We decided to attack him. … The government decided unanimously: we will take the initiative and attack the enemy, drive him back, and thus assure the security of Israel and the future of the nation.”

And now, a half-century after its successful six-day war of aggression with U.S. backing, Israel has been unlawfully colonizing the occupied territories, oppressing the Palestinians still living there, and thumbing its nose at UN Security Council Resolution 242.It was approved unanimously on Nov. 22, 1967, calling on Israel to withdraw from the lands it seized in June of that year. That was then.
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

There are many things going on, as always. But thought I would post some sort of good news. The fight is far from over for these people (and many others throughout the world) but maybe it will draw more attention to what is really happening there. This article is good because, unlike many others, it does go into it a bit. I love this girl! Reminds me of a few people I know.

Published on Sunday, July 29, 2018 by Common Dreams

Ahed Tamimi and Her Mother are Free - Sort Of
Ahed Tamimi and her mother were freed from prison on Sunday and Ray McGovern looks back on when he met the Tammy family last year in their West Bank village and reflects on the spirit that drives them.

by Ray McGovern

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2018 ... -free-sort" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

When they left prison on Sunday Ahed Tamimi and her mother Nariman received a hard-earned heros’ welcome from Palestinians and others opposed to Israel’s occupation and colonization of Palestinian lands seized in 1948 and enlarged by the Israeli army in 1967.

Ahed is 16 years old. Last December, an Israeli soldier shot her cousin in the face. The next day Israeli soldiers menacingly showed up at her house the West Bank village of Nabi Saleh. What would you do?

Ahed slapped one of the armed-to-the-teeth soldiers. While some Israeli politicians said she should be put away for life and others demanded a sentence of at least ten years, the Israeli occupiers sentenced her to eight months for the slap seen around the world. Her mother Nariman filmed the incident and was thrown in jail too, this time for incitement. (It was not the activist Nariman’s first time in an Israeli prison.)

Most Americans — except for the relatively few who have spent more than a few days in Israeli-occupied territories — find it hard to understand why Palestinians like Nariman and Ahed “persist.” Most people in the U.S. are blissfully unaware of the history of Palestine and of the continuing injustices inflicted on its people today. The explanation for this lies largely in the way the U.S. mass media reports the story, almost entirely from the Israelis’ point of view.

For those malnourished on Establishment media, here’s a bit of history, without which it is impossible to understand the anger and the courage-against-all-odds shown by those who continue to use what they have — even their open palms — to make clear that they will never acquiesce in Israeli occupation.

How a Homeland Gets Occupied
The Israeli attack starting the Six-Day War in early June 1967 fits snugly into the category of “war of aggression” as defined by the post-WWII Nuremberg Tribunal.  “Pre-emptive” attacks, when there is nothing to pre-empt, are now — post Iraq war — labeled more euphemistically as “wars of choice,” but that too fits the Nuremberg definition.

To begin to appreciate the injustices inflicted on millions of Palestinians, whose land Israel coveted for itself, one must un-learn the legend that in attacking its neighbors in 1967 Israel was acting in self-defense. None other than then-Prime Minister Menachem Begin (1977 – 83) undermined that piece of propaganda in a speech to the U.S. National Defense University on August 8, 1982.  (Apparently, even accomplished dissimulators get cocky on occasion and let the truth slip out.)  Here are Begin’s words:

“In June, 1967, we had a choice. The Egyptian Army concentrations in the Sinai approaches do not prove that [President Gamal Abdel)] Nasser was really about to attack us. We must be honest with ourselves. We decided to attack him. … The government decided unanimously: we will take the initiative and attack the enemy, drive him back, and thus assure the security of Israel and the future of the nation.”

And now, a half-century after its successful six-day war of aggression with U.S. backing, Israel has been unlawfully colonizing the occupied territories, oppressing the Palestinians still living there, and thumbing its nose at UN Security Council Resolution 242.It was approved unanimously on Nov. 22, 1967, calling on Israel to withdraw from the lands it seized in June of that year. That was then.
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

It keeps logging me out so I’m going to have to post the rest of it here.

And This is Now…
In February—March 2017, I was part of a small Veterans For Peace delegation in Palestine. One of our last visits was to a village named Nabi Saleh, where Ahed’s father Bassem Tamimi, his wife Nariman, and Ahed’s three siblings live when they are not in prison. Her older brother is in prison now. After two weeks of experiencing what life is like for Palestinians under Israeli occupation in the West Bank, I had a chance to ask Bassem about the nonviolent, but frontal, resistance to Israeli occupation and colonization.

“Your sons have been beaten and badly wounded and one’s still in prison; your wife is in and out of prison: your brother-in-law was killed by a sniper bullet; you yourself have been tortured in prison; your house is on the list for demolition — why do you persist; why encourage such actions?” I asked.

“We have no alternative,” Bassem replied matter-of-factly, “it is our land and our life. I will not tell my children or my people to acquiesce in the Israeli occupation — ever.”

The following day we Veterans For Peace took part in a protest march to the separation Wall. Later, underneath the tear-gas and sheltered from the ensuing rifle fire, we watched the teens of Nabi Saleh dodge the Israeli soldiers chasing them through the village for two hours. When the Israeli soldiers, so heavily burdened with weaponry they could hardly run, finally went back behind their Wall, the young folk emerged shouting, “We won.” It was a privilege to be there to welcome them back to the Tamimi house and some relative peace and quiet.
Chris Smiley, our delegation videographer, created an excellent 38-minute documentary as part of a serieson our experience in Nabi Saleh called: “One Day, One Village, One Family.”

The Palestinian Spirit is Universal
Ahed “Didn’t Get It From the Moon”. This is the expression my Irish grandmother would use to make it clear that tribute and praise should go to the seed-sowers as well as the protagonists themselves. Other traditions use some variant of: “The apple does not fall far from the tree.” Suffice it to say that, from what I was able to witness of the attitude and behavior of Ahed and her three brothers, they are clearly determined to honor the rich legacy of courage and Palestinian patriotism they inherit from Bassem and Nariman — and not only from them.

One might say that Ahed and her siblings are honor graduates of the Bassem/Nariman Folk School, just as Rosa Parks was a graduate of The Highlander Folk School. The common curriculum has to do with courageous persistence in the pursuit of justice. Moreover, our delegation was to discover that Rosa Parks is a revered figure in the Israeli Knesset — well, at least in the modest conference room allocated to Arab members.

Hanging prominently on the main wall were pictures of Rosa Parks, as well as of Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. And now I can hear Ahed Tamimi’s voice beneath that of Rosa Parks, who explained in 1992:

“I did not want to be mistreated … It was just time… there was opportunity for me to take a stand to express the way I felt about being treated in that manner. I had not planned to get arrested. … But when I had to face that decision, I didn’t hesitate to do so because I felt that we had endured that too long. The more we gave in, the more we complied with that kind of treatment, the more oppressive it became”.

Nonetheless, they persisted.
Welcome home, Ahed and Nariman.
Originally published at Consortiumnews.com

Return to “This Week in Review”