Dissolving Ego Tensions

“The wound is the place where the Light enters you.”
― Rumi
Anders

Dissolving Ego Tensions

Post by Anders »

Tensions in the body are evident, at least indirectly. For example when disturbed by some annoying sound the tensions in the body can be felt as we get mentally and emotionally very irritated. And with mindfulness practice my experience is that the tensions in the body can start to be noticed directly.

These tensions have at least in part been described by Wilhelm Reich who called it armoring:

He stated “Armoring is the condition that results when energy is bound by muscular contraction and does not flow through the body”(Reich:1936) . He saw that there existed character armouring which he defined as “the sum total of typical character attitudes, which an individual develops as a blocking against their emotional excitations, resulting in rigidity in the body, and lack of emotional contact ”. He defined muscular armouring as “the sum total of muscular(chronic muscular spasms) which an individual develops as a block against the breakthrough of emotions and organ sensations, particularly anxiety, rage and sexual excitation” (Reich:1936). From: http://energeticsinstitute.com.au/psych ... ng-theory/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And the tensions are also similar to what Eckhart Tolle has called the pain body:

"Tolle: The pain-body is my term for the accumulation of old emotional pain that almost all people carry in their energy field. I see it as a semi-autonomous psychic entity. It consists of negative emotions that were not faced, accepted, and then let go in the moment they arose. These negative emotions leave a residue of emotional pain, which is stored in the cells of the body. There is also a collective human pain-body containing the pain suffered by countless human beings throughout history. The pain-body has a dormant stage and an active stage. Periodically it becomes activated, and when it does, it seeks more suffering to feed on. If you are not absolutely present, it takes over your mind and feeds on negative thinking as well as negative experiences such as drama in relationships. This is how it has been perpetuating itself throughout human history. Another way of describing the pain-body is this: the addiction to unhappiness." -- https://www.eckharttolle.com/article/Aw ... es-Purpose" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In total they can be called ego tensions. The ego due to being limited go together with the tensions in the body. Here ego is defined as the mental patterns related to "the me" as a separate and individual self. The ego needs to be preserved, because that's our sense of being a sovereign individual self with personal integrity. Can we preserve the ego while at the same time dissolve the tensions in the body? The purpose of this thread is to examine that possibility in order to heal the body-mind in the sense of bringing it into more wholeness with less mental, emotional and bodily friction.
Anders

Re: Dissolving Ego Tensions

Post by Anders »

Great! I now discovered something new. It's useful to start a thread like this when it becomes a channel for new discoveries. I can tell you that in my experience using mindfulness practice to feel the tensions inside the body can be a very tedious task with slow progress.

What I now discovered is that my mind that is feeling the tensions in the body is itself a part of the whole tension mess. When I have my attention directed to both my mind and within the body then the tensions dissolve much faster. It feels like a melting taking place both in the thinking mind and in the body at the same time.
Anders

Post by Anders »

I found that something really challenging for me is when worrisome thoughts almost attack me. That's difficult to deal with for most people as mindfulness teachers say. The good thing is that it's precisely those kinds of horrible thoughts that come from heavy tensions. So I have to remind myself here, for selfish reasons :) but also it may be useful for others, to train my mind to catch those nasty thoughts.

It can for example be thoughts about a personal financial problem, or some other burdensome thing to have to deal with. It happens so easily that those kinds of thoughts immediately hijack my whole mind and emotions. :evil: Absolutely awful. The trick is to become aware of the attack thoughts and then move the conscious attention into the body and into observing the thoughts mindfully. This cuts off the hijacking of the mind and consciousness can start to melt the tensions in mind and body.
Anders

Post by Anders »

Ouch, embarrassing. :oops: Now I'm going to make myself and probably others angry. :mrgreen: What a complete retard I have been in my mindfulness practice. I have mentioned several times how tedious and burdensome the mindfulness practice is. And at the same time I have said that suffering is a sign of moving in the wrong direction.

This means it's moronic to continue with effort that feels like a burden. Because that's suffering. So that's the wrong approach. Nature is telling us that. Again and again and again. And what do we do? Like completely retarded morons we continue doing the same thing!

So the correct approach is to do the mindfulness practice only for a while, while it's interesting. After that it's the subconscious mind that should take care of doing the heavy lifting of the practice. It's true that conscious awareness is necessary in this kind of practice, but it's enough to just recognize consciously that the subconscious mind is continuing the practice automatically and effortlessly.

The task of the mindfulness practice is only as a first step to train the subconscious mind, which then takes over and finishes the job. 8-) So my previous posts in this thread are still valid, only that the practice is meant to be easy and relatively short.
Anders

Post by Anders »

Ego tensions contain a lot of deadly orgone. The following quote makes Reich seem like a crackpot, but I highlighted the part that I found interesting:

"DOR stands for Deadly ORgone. Reich's DOR hypothesis came from the effects he claimed to discover in his Oranur experiment. Reich theorized that "good" orgone energy, when exposed to a nuclear radiation source, was antagonized into "evil" DOR. Reich later came to believe that, in addition to nuclear radiation, other "nasty" things could also turn orgone into DOR — including X-ray machines, TV picture tubes, fluorescent lights, air pollution, and even the emotional muscular armor of a neurotic person." -- http://www.rogermwilcox.com/reich/dor.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The source may be slightly incorrect because I have seen DOR described as Deadly Orgone Radiation, not Deadly ORgone, but that's a minor detail.

This means that deadly orgone (DOR) can be trapped energy that is unable to flow. And when the ego tensions dissolve then the deadly orgone is freed and turns into positive orgone (POR) and neutral orgone (OR).
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

This was posted on Earth Empath Facebook this morning and I immediately thought of your comments, Anders. I like the words you use to describe invasive thoughts as "attack thoughts" because it is true that these patterns in our thinking keep us locked in looping cycles of anxiety. Over the course of many years I have found the ability to simply let them go and not engage, it helps to go for long walks, sit in silence listening beneath the surface noise, sun gazing and all manner of immersion in the Natural world help immensely. Oh, and gratitude, feeling in my body self the ceaseless gratitude for the all, yes even the challenges. It seems that the hardest moments when fully embraced bear the fruits of joy when we don't suppress the wisdom they are imparting to us.

WISDOM AS FEELING

Some people work very hard trying to figure out the workings of the Great Mystery and life. These seekers of ultimate truth have been taught to think in lines rather than to feel and perceive in Circles. The Creator is the Great Mystery, the All-Unfolding.

How arrogant is the human species? Do we truly believe that we must label and make lists of our limited, human understandings of Creation in order to claim the knowledge of the profound simplicity of truth?

As we commune with the natural world, we feel the All as it is unfolding because the All touches every part of our beingness with the Great Mystery's most passionate desire to continue creating life abundant.

Wisdom is often felt and perceived rather than intellectualized. The simple wisdom of honoring all of the body's senses can open new worlds to those who have forgotten to feel the celebration of life. Whether the numbness comes from the unwillingness to heal old pain or from the fear of scarcity, the result is the same. Human beings forget the simple blessings of watching a sunrise or listening for the nightingale"s song in the starry night. In this state of unawareness, we lose our connections to the Earth Mother's wisdom-- forgetting how good it is to be alive!

Author: Jamie Sams
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Anders

Post by Anders »

Ordinary thinking is a result of the ego tensions, which are not only tensions in the musculature but also in other tissues like fascia, in the nervous system and possibly even in the energy body. The thinking mind becomes like an engine with sand in it causing a lot of friction. Pouring oil into the engine will not improve the situation as long as the sand (metaphor for the ego tensions) remains.

What can be done to improve the situation is to move conscious attention away from thinking and into feeling the ego tensions being dissolved inside the body. A nice feeling of melting within parts of the body is a sign of the ego tensions being dissolved. Will the thinking mind gladly move its attention away from thoughts into dissolving tensions? Yes, because that's like removing the sand from the engine which will make it (the thinking mind) function much more efficiently after the ego tensions have been dissolved.
Anders

Post by Anders »

Now I came to think about what might be the big elephant in the closet. Namely: aging and death! Can you imagine what ego tension that must be. Enormous. So we humans run around with suppressed hatred caused by that abysmal tension.

How to deal with that? Accepting aging and death? Absolutely not. I haven't seen any spiritual or other teacher who I sense has true peace inside. They are all filled with grim hatred caused by the death tension and they try to hide it behind contrived serenity and grinning faces. Or so it seems to me. The problem is titanic. Formidable in its sheer horror.

Instead of accepting aging and death, I accept the UNCERTAINTY of aging and death. Who knows, maybe Ray Kurzweil's predictions solve the aging and death problem after all, or we humans evolve spiritually to a new earth as the Bible says. This pulls the rug from under the death tension, a tension which can only sustain itself through our acceptance of a belief in CERTAINTY about aging and death.
Anders

Post by Anders »

When the ego tensions dissolve, the trapped deadly orgone is converted to neutral orgone and positive orgone. What happens to all that released orgone energy? The neutral orgone is easy to deal with and will produce inner peace and things like that. The positive orgone is trickier to handle since it's related to sexual energy. Nature has used sexuality for millions of years to conquer death: individual members of species die while the species as a whole survives through procreation with sexuality producing offspring after offspring. So sexual energy is very powerful and when huge amounts of it is released in the body and mind who knows what will happen.
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

Anders, step away from the technological fuckery of Ray Kurzweil... When we see that life and death are a natural continuum of the energy flows, when Spirit is the all pervasive reality the tensions around aging and death evaporate. What we are dealing with is "Trauma" or as you so often state the Pain Body, individual and collective trauma.

Sexual energy is energy, again the fuckery of the machine-like hive mind of the death cult (keeping us afraid of death, of nature, of sex, of loss, etc.) has convoluted it into such a deep miasmic mess that most will never rise above it enough to go free.

P.S. Thank you for speaking in such detail of the body's tensions, there lies much hidden information and keys for when we start releasing these suppressed energies we access a more real self and with the right use of will and free choice can then start to be the sustainable change we all know is possible.
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.

Return to “Healing”