Sub conscious archetypes

“The wound is the place where the Light enters you.”
― Rumi
Old Wolf

Sub conscious archetypes

Post by Old Wolf »

I've been discovering sub conscious archetypes within me for a while but didn't realise what I was encountering. Last night they came on thick and fast and this morning I finally realised what they are. They're physically implanted beliefs I'm sub consciously holding about myself. I'm guessing that I've picked up on these beliefs from (mostly) broadcasting and accepted them as my own.

The two most powerful so far are / were "the sacrifice" relating back to some sort of personalised Jesus figure on a cross and "the devil" which seems to be about guilt and fear. But it wasn't just one, it was dozens of different archetypal patterns that must be part of a much larger set of internalised beliefs.

For me they represented mostly as visual depictions of people.
Naga_Fireball

Re: Sub conscious archetypes

Post by Naga_Fireball »

For me lately it has been the Wanderer/Thief/Raven

Wanderer + anger = thief!
Thief + ambition = raven

Wishing you power & grace while riding the waves lol
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
Old Wolf

Post by Old Wolf »

Naga_Fireball wrote:Wishing you power & grace while riding the waves lol
I was simply sharing a realisation.

Whilst I understand the intention behind your wishes, they aren't necessary.

Good luck with your Ravens.
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

:lol:

Well, God and the Devil are serious business.

It's interesting though how God/Jesus is shown as ultimately divine/human, but Devil shown usually with some twisted features. Trickster types are often given exaggerated features, I.e. fox, raven/crow; it's interesting also to me personally that misers are shown with the long snout.

However that said these supposedly Dehumanizing archetypes break down the weaker parts of us and turn them into stronger stuff.

No offense intended. I agree that religious archetypes can be numerous & overwhelming. On the other hand the archetypes associated with selfishness and antisocial tendencies are very single minded whereas the human archetypes suggest wisdom is a context and not necessarily strength or a specific skill or life path.
~William Cowper
Old Wolf

Post by Old Wolf »

Archetype is perhaps a bit too loaded a word? The words "program" or "belief" would substitute well for archetype. It was a conscious experience of interacting with my sub conscious. It's something I've worked on but didn't anticipate discovering such an array of internalised ideas that I hadn't realised I'd loaded into my mind.

Wisdom can only come from achieving understanding. Understanding doesn't come from egocentric behavioural patterns of competition and dominance. Ironically either selfishness, anti-social tendencies or honesty can create similar separation that isn't real but still based around the ego in one way or another.

Kindly.
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

A dilemma has arisen, there are so many good threads I am not sure where to jump in. So giving myself the allowance of using this space to thank you all, such a beautiful field is opening on ee.

Ok, diving in. The archetypes for me has been fundamental in learning and comprehending the templates of our Self, our greater humaness. It is one of the few neutral words that informs clearly. As my interest is getting to the core of our essence, the what of who we are "these primal" models have served in unveiling the deeper motivations of all human behavior and specifically been great teachers for my own journey of introspection.

1. an original that has been imitated.
synonyms: quintessence, essence, representative, model, embodiment, prototype, stereotype; More
original, pattern, standard, paradigm

2. a recurrent symbol or motif in literature, art, or mythology.
"mythological archetypes of good and evil"

3. Origin: mid 16th century: via Latin from Greek arkhetupon ‘something molded first as a model,’ from arkhe- ‘primitive’ + tupos ‘a model.’

While I agree whole heartedly with the subconscious impact of the words; programs and beliefs I tend to see them more as the overalays, the aspects or occurrences that are generated and used because we haven't gone deep enough to the core of our essence. In this journey the archetypes are both our masters and our servants.

I am not a Jungian psychologist (though I love this man dearly) nor a astrologer, nor a tarot card reader ... however all of these have been part of my journey, for me the parts that play out aren't the intellectual comprehensions, though there have been some marvelous ah, ah! moments. It has been the slow grind of internalizing the teachings of each archetype, both the positive and negative attributes. We, move through the wheel of fortune.

What really stated unwinding me was when I allowed or in some cases was hurled into these archetypes as they began to inform me at level that I can best describe as guttural, embodied, felt and experienced. To be "the fool" to be "the high priestess" ... what I discovered was the magical mystery tour of Self. The archetypes, the teachers, the master keys unlocking me.

My conclusion for the moment is that as each archetype is mastered, the self incorporates it into Self, the lesson learned. An example for myself is the reliving of the Joan of Arc archetype, she has been so present in me that many have told me I am her, confusion I see is that we stereotype (um? interesting word to dissect) or lock a person into an identity. Ok, be that what is will be for the moment.

Back to Joan; She was Me... or I was Her, really makes no difference. So while fulfilling her I also had some astounding personal revelations and the most illuminate one of all came when I consciously and fully comprehended that "I" was the determinate factor of choice in my actions. I love Joan so much, but she also led many who "followed" her to their demise, so powerful of a figure in her passion and martyrdom, I still admire her, she just doesn't serve me anymore.

This for me is my own unlocking, that is why I say, rather unabashedly that I am a template assimilator,

Listened to this last night, Michael Tsarion is brilliant, he lays the ground for a rich conversation so beautifully. Simply must share.

Love Unbound!

[youtube][/youtube]
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

My list said thanks were removed here but it might have been a phone mashing accident 8(
~William Cowper

Return to “Healing”