Scientists get the green light to resurrect the dead with stem cells

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
-Albert Einstein
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

I don't even have words...
(And this should go in a category all its own, like, twisted science)

https://www.minds.com/blog/view/574399558210035716" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bioquark, a biotech company based in the United States, has been given the go-ahead to begin research on 20 brain-dead patients, in an attempt to stimulate and regrow neurons and, literally, bring the patients back from the dead.

The technique is new and untestedso the study will likely be controversial. By implanting stem cells in the patient's brain, in addition to treating the spinal cord with infusions of chemicals and nerve stimulation techniques (both of which have been shown to bring people out of comas), they hope to reboot the brain and jump-start neural activity.
The result could be people coming back to life.

this will work, though there is one well-known neurological researcher and a member of the American Academy of Neurology, Dr. Calixto Machado who is involved with the study as a panel expert.

Bioquark's CEO, Ira Pastor, said that “to undertake such a complex initiative, we are combining biologic regenerative medicine tools with other existing medical devices typically used for stimulation of the central nervous system, in patients with other severe disorders of consciousness. We hope to see results within the first two to three months.”

He added, "it is a long-term vision of ours that a full recovery in such patients is a possibility, although that is not the focus of this first study.

"It is a bridge to that eventuality.”
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....
Naga_Fireball

Re: Scientists get the green light to resurrect the dead with stem cells

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Holy crap. I'd like to say, unbelievable, but horrifying is more accurate, in a way.

It is the Ghola of Frank Herbert's prophecy, so creepy. They'd take cells from a dead person, or the corpse of an injured or sick person, and regenerate it in an artificial womb, then condition it through trauma.
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
Sandy Clark

Post by Sandy Clark »

The world is becomming more and more twisted with each passing day..............:-(
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Was thinking today, they'll use it on the soldiers who get all messed up. Eek frankensoldiers!!!

I'm not sure how to feel about it, yikes. Doctors will probably argue about it, lol. :(
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

P.s
At one point I begged and begged the social workers etc to look into this treatment for autism. Because my son etc.

The good news is some doctors think any age group can benefit from stem cells, BUT they cannot necessarily reverse developmental issues, which is why Early is Best.

Prevention vs. Cure, ethics of madness, don't let the brain fester too long in a crazy loop or it's irreversible.

It sucks that so many suffer and die waiting on the fucking FDA.
~William Cowper

Return to “Science (Spirituality)”