Truth and understanding is forever the lovely, the good and the expanding

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
-Albert Einstein
maggie

Re: Truth and understanding is forever the lovely, the good and the expanding

Post by maggie »

I am very very lucky.
Lucky is for me much better than unlucky.
There is no more charm in reasons to complain.
There is no gratifying soothing from misfortune comforted by well meaners.

I decided all that long ago but only now am I meaning it.

For instance I learned this ditty as a child.

"Every day in every way I am getting better and better"

and later

"I have a wonderful job with wonderful pay and wonderful people in a wonderful way."
I MUST emphasize these states must be TRUE when 100% taken in and used to inform oneself.

I have now mastered feeling lucky whenever I choose.
There are two ways to be lucky.
One is to have all work out from the beginning (and no matter what side roads, all works out. IT DOES with time).
The other is to know it all worked out in the end (to be in awe looking back at my fortunate path to now).

PARTICULARLY I am lucky today to have a career in store.
The idea of practicing massage did not hit me until last year.
At that time I was working in a grocery deli because I really believed food service had appeal.
I had dreams of opening a commercial kitchen for rent.

In working I saw how complicated food operations are really and standing all day and hard effort.
I was glad I experienced the facts and NOW what?
I could not ever stand nursing and I liked massage BUT...I had taken my diploma for massage in the 1980s!
As a nurse I did use some of what I learned but I was a newbie at massage.

I passed the certification and got my license.
Then a freind recommended me to a massage spa.
They needed someone enough to take me on and this was my first week.
The first day I made as much as 8 hours at the grocery in two hours.
Today (after one week) I made the equivalent of more than two weeks salary at the deli.

In 1986 I had NO IDEA how well this career move would fit me now.
I AM LUCKY to have all the new and solid possible doors to open that this time last year were just misty imaginings.
The way I thought (focusing on my intention) and how I felt (good just thinking about it) and my focus on "ease and grace" ( I choose LUCK) were chosen and loved MORE and MORE.
I AM LUCKY to be in the place I imagined just in time now.
maggie

Post by maggie »

Truth and understanding is forever the lovely, the good and the expanding.

I am absolutely biased for understanding as a natural by product of living. Our life is definitely linked to what we dwell on in thought. Our personal life SHOWS us its thought activity. IMO there is no need to dwell on thoughts and we can learn to let the thoughts appear and easily change directions of attention. It is magic. We choose make a foundation of conventional wisdom BE US as creator. Active not passive receiver of all circumstance.

We DO receive but it is a message to our own self in expression. We can phase in a new state of mind on top of and replacing the old as old thoughts just fade from view. We can become quite transparent when most all thoughts fail to stick.s I can see through the thought forms and the TRGGERS. My emotions may play (triggered by thoughts) wild but they don't sweep me away into a spiral of despair. BE CAUSE I always know what seems the Truth...that my experience gives direct feedback for me SO THAT I will learn how to shift states at will.

More and more I am looking at undefining goodness and truth and looking at our fruits and being more aware all the time of the power to shift anywhere. Is this where we wish to be? If YES, wonderful. All will keep changing in the landscape as we change. What will we claim?

Magical thinking recognizes its power... the THINKING power we have resulting in "Matter of fact". We may CHOOSE anything at all. That WE can know the fruits will have us shift and new territory claimed. Power has a very crude look on earth as we who have believed in power experience all the nuances we claimed.

Honestly I am proud of EVERYTHING I have claimed. I honor all by ways. This is so easy to feel because I am sure I value it all. Trudging never ends at all, but makes for continuous expanding IMO. NOW I embrace feeling WONDERFUL and fulfilled in life, satisfied and nourished! I feel over flowing with these thoughts. May they sweep across the Great Mind that all beings be happy "We are JUST magnificent and cherished by love Herself."
Off Topic
I am enjoying a book on my kindle My Years of Magical Thinking
by Lionel Snell https://www.amazon.com/Years-Magical-Th ... l+thinking

“This book presents a series of thought experiments. In fact the whole book is one big thought experiment: a suite of programs for readers to run in their own minds. Not to judge if they are true, or good, or even beautiful, but whether they offer a feeling of experience that is somehow bigger and more whole.
The ability to choose between different sets of rules and play one’s own game is what characterizes magical thinking as a an advance on religious or scientific thinking, rather than a backward step. It can accelerate human evolution by developing new modes and levels of experience.

The criterion of choice is no longer “goodness” or “truth” but what offers a feeling of growth towards wholeness – and that is why the choice is so much more open. Goodness (sought by religion) is hierarchal: even if the seeker has decided that all the world’s religions are good, it would still be bad to choose any other than the most good. Truth (sought by science) is not so hierarchical, but it is still exclusive: even if the seeker decides that all scientific theories appear to be true, combining two or more mutually contradictory theories could not itself be true. Selection towards wholeness (sought by magic), however, can embrace contradiction as well as diversity.”

Lionell Snell states that this book is aimed at an audience who haven’t yet read his writings, in particular people who have rejected magic, or just haven’t thought that much about it. The main question explored is “what happened to the Enlightenment?”… personally, I remember growing up thinking that human knowledge and society was building up to something, leading in a direction of understanding more clearly, and building to some Truth. However, the more that science explores, the more it uncovers paradoxes that seem to require mind-bending to reconcile; meanwhile, the enlightened truths discovered through scientific research seem to be discarded or denied when they are economically inconvenient… and, we seem to be currently in a world where people are each entitled to their own truth (‘alternative facts’), no matter how contradictory they are or how much expertise they are grounded in. Has the Enlightenment quest for Truth, Objectivity, and Absolute Knowledge failed? Or, is it necessary for science to at some point transform into something else completely, if it acknowledges that the paradoxes it uncovers can’t always be ignored… and instead, that in some way fear of contradictions can be resolved through a pursuit of wholeness, that values temporary usefulness, rather than Absolute Truth?

For people who’ve read the work of Lionel Snell (formerly writing most often in the pen name Ramsey Dukes), this book does summarize ideas explored in his earlier writing, but also extends and deepens the exploration – I personally found new value in the book through it’s more nuanced exploration of the differences between religion and magic (for example… when people who practice rituals written by other people, are they performing magic? Or, is it a form of religion if they’ve accepted and follow ideas/practices that come from some exterior authority?)https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-revi ... B01NB0H2FZ
I like the idea of skipping rituals and getting to the feeling as I understand it of Magical Thinking. Magic takes for granted that thoughts are causative. Basically our thoughts are a KNOWN responsibility and impossible to get around. What thinking lets us create so much honey of good and in love expand the possible. I am bound to think in beautiful when I speak and feel LOVELY.

If we KNOW we are One, we will know that what looks bad can be transformed and there is no need ever FEAR.
I am YOU and YOU and YOU and I intend to Ever spread thoughts that deliver remedy for sorrow. As a dear dear woman once proclaimed;"I know the bad but I live in the good." We are children of Sorrow only when we dwell in that state of mind IMO. I claim being victorious in love.
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

Oh maggie ... keep on keeping on!

Magic is subtle and fluid, the substance beyond thought really. That said I am well aware of my thinking capacity, there is power there be it magical or imaginal and by staying with the heart beat of love I see the creation unfolding every day.

The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Sandy Clark

Post by Sandy Clark »

I've been away Maggie visiting with family and hosting family so now ready to absorb some more of your wisdom...

Couldn't agree more with Christine...Keep on Keeping on Maggie :-)
maggie

Post by maggie »

I came across the work of a Brazillian spiritual philosopher. His name is José Trigueirinho
http://www.trigueirinho.org.br

He speaks to my own interests. It continues to be uncanny that so much that I read confirms of my own beliefs and ideals. This is always more proof IMO that we WILL see others who think as we think and have similar mental focus. We will have in our lives what we expect. I expect great things unfolding for us all.

I expect that there are "elder Brothers and Sisters" who have wisdom to share and I honor them. I seek to emulate the wise ways of harmony. My favorite feeling is kinship and friendship and I love being more aware of the mystery all around of the One Great Mother Goddess who is Maya and her Many children. I feel CONFIDENT that we all growing and changing. I feel CONFIDENT that this is a beautiful "world" we share. The place we are moving into is so malleable and so kind.

What I will ignore in all philosophy is a "law" of "payback" for past misdeeds. This is only needed by those very thick and insensitive. IMO as soon as we can know our errors and feel the effects "personally" (by some grokking of all as we ourselves), we will "sin no more". Also, I am disinclined to ask others to avoid the long path and focus on self denial because only the authentic surrender works. False surrender is IMO like holding a balloon full of air under the water. It will not stay without pressure bearing down and will pop up soon enough when we get tired.

I just cannot subscribe to pre-mature adulthood. It may look messy to see toddlers smearing food but they have to learn how to feed themselves.
Off Topic
The secret of the pioneers

The suffering that falls on Earth today is incalculable. The facts confirm it every day clearly, we are at the beginning of a process that, in the short term, will have its development and outcome in the "school of pain."
We can understand the need for this learning as a last resort: without it, self-destruction of the human species would be inevitable on Earth. But we can not stop questioning or mitigating so much suffering, how to contribute to this inevitable process in the greatest possible harmony. pioneers
For this, it is worth remembering that, despite such a negative charge, the help available at the supramental levels increases, where chaos does not exist, and the possibilities of contacting them increase. On these levels, more expert Brothers, coming from other spheres, watch over mankind in silence - but while these Brothers can help those who are receptive, they can not balance the evil deeds that man himself begot through the times. According to the law of cause and effect, or law of karma, to achieve a certain equilibrium, he himself must act consciously in the opposite way.
Here, then, is how we can contribute to harmony. If we take on the task, we will notice immediate transformations in our life, with beneficial planetary repercussions.

1. As you learn to pay more attention to your own actions and learn to control them, you will notice more flaws and flaws in your person. Do not waste time analyzing them. If you make a slip, be prepared not to repeat it and do the opposite. Then go ahead decisively.

2. Do not feed guilt or resentment in yourself or in others. There are no guilty but apprentices. We prepare ourselves to learn when we are ready to transform ourselves.

3.Do not try to justify yourself or others. Learn from error and success, and immediately take the next step.

4. Collide with the innermost levels of your consciousness. Find out how. Everyone knows it, for it is an inherent knowledge of being. Remember some time of great difficulty, in which, turning to God, or to a higher power, have pleaded for help with sincerity. That "place" within him to which he addressed himself at that moment of extreme need is where he must return at every moment in search of union with the divinity. This silent action is profoundly effective and transformative.

5. Let compassion arise in your being. This has nothing to do with compromises or emotional demonstrations. Compassion is the understanding of the real need of the other, the union with the essence of beings. It is something to be lived, not described or discussed.

6.Make your outer life a reflection, as faithful as possible, of your highest aspirations. Self-denying actions have a beneficial and indescribable effect on the whole aura of the planet and evoke the positive, latent and manifest elements of the realms of nature. Practice them, and little by little you will know a transcendent joy. 7. Do not fear anything, do not hesitate. Count on the inspiration of your higher and inner self.

8. Lift up the higher self all the love and affection that you are capable of. Invoke Grace, which comes to you through the immortal spirit.

9.Firmly repudiate every thought or imagination that divert you from your chosen goal. When in trouble, ask for the intercession of spiritual healers, the Brothers of the cosmos. Be more persistent than the involutive forces that are besieging you. What seems insurmountable or unbearable, dissolves as if nothing at the right moment when we affirm the Light.

10. "Do not feed what must die. Do not sow what should not be born." Your strength will be all the greater the more firmly you will be governed by this Law.

11. Keep in mind that there are souls waiting for you to advance in order to do so too.

12. Remember that the most important thing is your entire and crystalline adhesion to the Truth.

By following these suggestions, you will suddenly discover that, without knowing how, you are living a new life. He will then know, through direct experience, the secret of the pioneers.

Extracted from the bulletin Señales de Figueira
The books of Trigueirinho are published by Editorial Kier
http://www.mantra.com.ar/trigueirinho/p ... ml[/color]
maggie

Post by maggie »

Sandy Clark wrote:I've been away Maggie visiting with family and hosting family ...

Couldn't agree more with Christine...Keep on Keeping on Maggie :-)
Thanks Sandy. You feel like family to me too so glad you are home. IMO we are a big clan and beautiful kin. I imagine a physical pot of tea and a fire and a spend the night talking and laughing and I like that. That would be swell.
Sandy Clark

Post by Sandy Clark »

That would be totally awesome Maggie and yes I feel we are Sisters of the Soul and ee is a fanatasic campfire Oasis to share our stories.
Last edited by Sandy Clark on Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
maggie

Post by maggie »

EE is a fine place to share what is groping. I like the Sandy saying about "shaving off the prickles" when we come against them.
IMO I am building integrity. It is about standing up when we have a chance even if it appears to be complicating.

It also is making choices decisions based on what I can accept at this time. I am really not anyu kind of saintly "giver". I will show up when I love someone but I sometimes feel like I am needing help myself!

One story from today is so possibly outre that it might cause shock. I took care of a situation and I feel what I did should maybe make me feel guilty? It would if I held certain beliefs. It shows up a possibly sociopathic disregard for "convention". I did not want to dig a hole today to bury a cat.

I take care of a house full of cats whose owner has advanced Parkinsons. She has family issues gets marginal cooperation. However she manifested her situation, she did. I care about her. I feel unwilling to be trapped thinking I am a savior. This is a very challenging job. I do what I will which is clean water and food daily and I do pet the cats but not long. I decide what I will do based on caring BUT lack of martyr sentiment. The house is close to me and I will go daily. The situation has hurt my feelings for the cats as I would not do that if I had cats. This problem has a long tale of Eileen's life and choices.

I repeat, I do what i will do. I think Utopis would be when we all do just what we are willing to do but it all makes a wonderful community.

Golley, one of Eileen's cats was put to sleep day before yesterday. It costs 100 dollars to cremate a cat! Eileen ahs been unable to get other cats buried. Eileen has a frig freezer with unburied bodies (4) already at Kitty House. There is no more room.

I appealed to her family to dig a hole and for various reasons (all sound) the first chance is day after tomorrow. I am going to insist they follow through.

I admit PERSONALLY that I am not at all sentimental about bodies. Eileen is very sentimental.

As there is no freezer available. I did something which makes me feel a little ashamed to admit because maybe it is a sign of being an alien type with reptile (lack of) sentiments? I REFUSED to dig a hole today for anyone.

I chose to I took the body to the landfill. I will not tell Eileen that when we bury the other cats (I hope Monday) Golley's body will not be there.
The landfill is like a terrible hellish garbage world. Golley is in plastc which without an evolving plastic eating bacteria will encase him a long time.

Now I tell the story, I feel relief.

My story today is also about two little abandoned DOGS who are my fosterlings. I was just keeping them while their Mom recovered form orthopedic issues. Now Libby the owner says she cannot take them. Never mind the reasons that in Libby's reality, she cannot have the dogs, this situation has triggered me.

I don't want more animals. I already have enough 5 cats ( includes 2 of hers I had agreed to keep ) and my dog Megan and chickens and the cat sitting job at Eileens Kitty house.

I don't feel like being altruistic. I have to want them with my whole heart.

On the one hand I see how well they do with me...and I love them and it would be hard to let go to strangers. Where would they end up??? They get along well with cats my Brown Mountain Dog Megan. They have personality. They are very BIG little dogs in their older age. One could say that they are special needs seniors .One (Buddy a fat miniature Dachsund who will not let ANYONE pick him up) is neurotic in the extreme and the 13 year old Yorkie is a runner with cataracts. He demands daily rides in the truck or he gets mad.

This is not easy

I have no fence. The last 6 months have been full of little dog chores. They pee and poop willy nilly if not walked regularly. They eat special food. I was doing the routine faithfully waiting for Libby to take them home.

So what if She has her reasons, this is NOT what I counted on. YES< My motto has been "You cannot save all the starfish but throw back what comes to your feet. Also you cannot save everyone but some will show up and need help. THAT is why I want to be a hermit so no one finds me and I won't have to deal with other's poop. But I know I am in relationship whether I like it or not. I don't help Libby and the dogs but myself. That fact is still IRRITATING.

Yes, I love them and I know they are well off here. OK. I need a fence and 100% heart in this direction of making up my mind this is well being showing up! Easy peasy and a fence. I need integrity about wanting to be angry at Libby as the "cause" of this problem of her homeless dogs. I intend that this IRRITATION be LUCKY for me, the dogs, the cats and all who live here and visit. I wish dog's Mom Libby great peace and joy in her challenges.

The chance for me is in my face and seems to me to related to this intention: I want a whole heart. No inner contradiction.
I cannot help but have to confront an unwanted need which seeks help and only I can accept or not.
for some reason people with issues around their pets are showing up in my dream.
Sandy Clark

Post by Sandy Clark »

Gee Maggie, I would definitely be feeling overwhelmed if I was in your shoes and angry at myself for the dilemna I face........so I would look for the lesson being presented and to me that definitley would be boundaries...which one may call fences....lol

I'm still learning those boundaries in saying NO...as when I say NO, I then have to deal with my own nemesis of guilt and voices of condeming selfishness...all programming from early life and on..........I too withdraw into hermitville when overwhelmed and the quiet and silence assist in safety and security to amend my learning game plan and enhance my value of BEING..........I don't have to DO to be of Value.

Sending hugs and love your way for YOU and your writings of BEING!

P.S. I too think that Spirits do not need to be buried... and one couldn't bury one even if they wanted to. :roll:
maggie

Post by maggie »

Sandy Clark wrote:Gee Maggie, I would definitely be feeling overwhelmed if I was in your shoes and angry at myself for the dilemna I face........so I would look for the lesson being presented and to me that definitley would be boundaries...which one may call fences....lol

I'm still learning those boundaries in saying NO...as when I say NO, I then have to deal with my own nemesis of guilt and voices of condeming selfishness...all programming from early life and on..........I too withdraw into hermitville when overwhelmed and the quiet and silence assist in safety and security to amend my learning game plan and enhance my value of BEING..........I don't have to DO to be of Value.

Sending hugs and love your way for YOU and your writings of BEING!

P.S. I too think that Spirits do not need to be buried... and one couldn't bury one even if they wanted to. :roll:
I feel your love and it feels warm and hugging. I did not think about the fence/ boundary connection. wow. Thanks!!!!

Return to “Science (Spirituality)”