Truth and understanding is forever the lovely, the good and the expanding

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
-Albert Einstein
maggie

Re: Truth and understanding is forever the lovely, the good and the expanding

Post by maggie »

Sharing FYI

[youtube]https://youtu.be/ogZtB5vmWH0[/youtube]

[youtube]https://youtu.be/vpVjiWdhgAA[/youtube]
maggie

Post by maggie »

The fence I expected is now in place along the northwest side of my house. There is a door that is more like a plank to the laundry room. It will be fitted with the dog door. I expect that a carpet flap would be least threatening? It has to accomodate dogs 40 pounds to 7 pounds, short and tallish....

I already feel the little dogs are more like family. Their owner is happy that they can stay together with me. I feel very good about the fence. It used to be that the narrow side yard felt alien. I hardly ever went there. Now the 60 x 20 fence has pulled that landscape in to home. It feels comfortable and the mystery zone has retreated to let the house claim the spot.

Grateful for the completed fence where the dogs can go out freely:
This move was easy. It will bring more luck. My luck seems huge already.
I have a wonderful job with wonderful pay that is a gift to me in every day. I'll have plenty of moolah to pave the way. All is swell on this pathway.

This video has a very deep relaxing quality
[youtube]https://youtu.be/OBgN849_nOs[/youtube]
Sandy Clark

Post by Sandy Clark »

I can feel your frequency from here Maggie...thanks for the buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Your new yard sounds like a piece of completion to security for all and a sense of freedom too!! Happy, Happy for you and your Fur Babies and must say................GOOD WORKS my Sister...:-)
maggie

Post by maggie »

Sandy Clark wrote:I can feel your frequency from here Maggie...thanks for the buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Your new yard sounds like a piece of completion to security for all and a sense of freedom too!! Happy, Happy for you and your Fur Babies and must say................GOOD WORKS my Sister...:-)
Much obliged. Today I had a full schedule of 5 clients. It did not feel exhausting...just a strong work out. I am certain that I receive source energy by extending it. This work does feel GOOD. It has no downside. I am happy to please my boss by being consistent and detail oriented about their eqipment and how they want things to be. I am making money based on their business and they are taking in money by hiring me. Win/Win.

I can feel my bosses relax as they trust me more and more.

If I learn excellent body mechanics, I will just get more limber and strong.
I will so enjoy becoming ever more skillful.
If I focus on being a conduit for the Presence, energy flows through my hands and heals me as it passes through.
I feel this is a job with zilch contradiction.

I manifested this with my own intention.
No one needs to fear commerce as an evil or service as a drudgery.
It does take surrendering to a path where one FEELS heart felt enjoyment.
Then it is not a just a job but DESTINY calling me to green pastures and still waters and restoration.
It restoreth the soul. The body moves along with the chosen program.
maggie

Post by maggie »

maggie wrote:
Off Topic
I am enjoying a book on my kindle My Years of Magical Thinking
by Lionel Snell https://www.amazon.com/Years-Magical-Th ... l+thinking
The case being presented in Snell's argument (He also is known as Ramsey Dukes and as a chaos magician) is that cultures pull us toward qualities. He talks about arts, religion and science as cultures. Magic is also a culture. Magic attracts as a way to power but pulls us toward building our own strength leading to wholeness....

[youtube]https://youtu.be/iyxclFHk_m8[/youtube]

[youtube]https://youtu.be/SYGHIJOWylM[/youtube]
maggie

Post by maggie »

These two videos are displaying a similar esoteric view.
Jim Carrey
Off Topic
Life does NOT happen to you, it happens FOR you. Many things in life are outside of our control, but the way we respond to events can shape our reality. Viewing challenges as opportunities, not misfortunes, will help you lead a productive, successful life.
We all know Jim Carrey for his comedy, but he is now spreading joy through his inspiring words. This voiceover was taken from Jim's speech at MUM Graduation in 2014.
[youtube]https://youtu.be/cCDAiFrWNP0[/youtube]

[youtube]https://youtu.be/LMnrH1CN4oc[/youtube]

Colin Wilson
Off Topic
Wilson's core philosophy and worldview which saw the purpose, meaning, and destiny of humanity - and indeed all life – in the evolution of consciousness toward ever more expansive states of complexity and awareness. Although Wilson felt that in many ways Western civilization has hit a dead end, he ultimately rejected responses rooted in nihilism and negativity. For Wilson, consciousness does not passively reflect the world, rather it reaches out and grabs it. Perception, he believed, is participatory, and we are active agents in shaping reality. However, our inculcated fear of responsibility, of freedom, and of our own creative capacity for greatness, keeps most of us mired in a meaningless, mechanistic view of the Universe drifting between hedonism and despair. Many of us ask if there is more to life than this, and the answer is a resounding 'Yes!' As Wilson himself wrote “My life's task is to light a fire with damp sticks. The drizzle falls incessantly. Yet I feel that if only I could really get the blaze started, it would become so large and fierce that nothing could stop it.”
[youtube]https://youtu.be/qPm0Bi5nt_o[/youtube]
maggie

Post by maggie »

Thumbs up.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/wj164I1nmg4[/youtube]
Off Topic
The Problem With Hating Our Enemies
By Charles Eisenstein
http://upliftconnect.com/problem-hating-enemies/

To humanize an opponent might be challenging to allies who are still inhabiting a ‘story of hatred’. They might interpret the new view as softness or betrayal. “How could you excuse those people?”

A friend of mine, a military veteran committed to peace, told me the story of a friend of his who had the opportunity to serve as the personal chef to none other than Dick Cheney, a man whom millions of liberals perceive as an awful human being, a soulless, duplicitous, conniving warmonger.

My friend, expecting confirmation of this view, asked his friend what it was like working for Cheney. He replied:

Wonderful. You can tell a lot about someone’s character by the way they treat the help, and he always treated me with warmth, dignity, and respect, even though I was only a cook.
How you treat your enemy is mirrored back to you.How you treat your enemy is mirrored back to you.
The Mirror Image

This is not an endorsement of Dick Cheney’s political views or conduct. The point here is that a perfectly decent human being, harbouring the same basic motivations and fears as any other human being, can do awful things in one context and admirable things in another.

The error of attributing bad behavior to personal evil is that there is a mirror image that does result in a kind of betrayal. It is to think that because Cheney, or perhaps some corporate CEO, is a friendly, intelligent person, their views must not be so wrong either.

This leads to the phenomenon of “Beltway Environmentalism”—describing those who have worked so long and closely with their Washington counterparts in business and government that they absorb much of their worldview and, more insidiously, their consensus about what is possible, practical, and legitimate. It is a challenge to stay true to what we serve without vilifying those who do not serve it.

If we put out hate, then hate is reflected back at us.If we put out hate, then hate is reflected back at us.
War Against Evil

Wouldn’t it be nice if the problem were indeed the greed and wickedness of the dastardly individuals who hold the reins of power? The solution would be so simple then—simply remove those people from power, scour the world of evil.

But that is just more of the same war against evil that has been with us ever since the first agricultural civilizations invented the concept of evil to begin with. More of the same will only bring more of the same. Surely the time has come for a deeper sort of revolution. Transition activist Marie Goodwin comments:

The solution of rooting out the ‘bad’ would make the solving of the world’s problems, which seem so very overwhelming, a task that is doable in our current paradigm. This is why we defend it at all costs. I think people get really overwhelmed by today’s constant barrage of bad news and disaster stories, all of which (we are told) can be solved by winning, mostly with force, the fight of good and evil.
It is easier to simplify it down to good versus evil.It is easier to simplify it down to good versus evil.
Refusing to Hate

It is reassuring, because it reduces many problems to one problem and makes sense of the world in a way that doesn’t challenge our deeper mythology.

In a perverse sort of way, by refusing to hate, we are committing a kind of betrayal. We are betraying hate itself; we are betraying the ‘story of the world’ that pits good versus evil. In doing so, we incite the scorn and fury of former allies, who deride us for being so soft and naive as to think their opponents can be treated as anything but implacable enemies.

I remember reading a column by the brilliant and abrasive leftist Alexander Cockburn, in which he recalled a formative experience in his education as a political journalist. An editor asked him, “Is your hate pure?”, a refrain that Cockburn repeated to many an intern. Cockburn’s was a world of hypocrites and blowhards, of venality and greed, of bold-faced liars and consciously cruel leaders, and of the sycophants and shills who enabled them.

It is your choice whether to refuse to hate your enemies.It is your choice to refuse to hate your enemies.
A Bad Person

I must confess to a kind of unholy delight in the wit and venom with which he dispatched his opponents, but I was aware as well of the psychological pressure—separate from the evidence or reasoning he presented—to agree with his worldview lest I be numbered among the dupes and apologists he so viciously skewered.

With equal fervor, though perhaps less finesse, pundits on the right do the same thing Alexander Cockburn did. Underneath the slurry of opinions, the same mindset prevails. Although we recognize ad hominem attacks as unfair or irrelevant, we are helpless to resist launching them, because of the dispositionism that permeates our beliefs. So-and-so disagrees with me because she is a bad person. For “bad” we may substitute all manner of adjectives, but the judgment is palpable.

I have given up reading comments on my articles because of all the personal invective I must wade through. Commentators impute onto me all kinds of intellectual and moral deficiencies. I am naive. I am a narcissistic wannabe hippie who has never had any real experiences. I am just another arrogant white male hogging a stage. I have overlooked a trivial logical flaw in my argument. I should get a real job.

Try to see beyond the idea of a faceless enemy who is all bad.Try to see beyond the idea of a faceless enemy who is all bad.
Life on a Pedestal

And on the other hand, supporters project onto me various saintly qualities that I obviously do not possess, at least no more than anyone else. That feels nice. The problem is, once on a pedestal there is only one place to go next. The slightest misdemeanor on my Facebook page provokes intense criticism. I post a photo of my teenage son with his prom date, and get criticized for objectifying women (because I called her a “prom date”). I post a picture of my baby son asleep on my lap while I write, and I get criticized for exposing him to electromagnetic radiation and not giving him empathic attention.

My point here is not to defend myself—the criticisms have some validity. What is significant is that the critics sometimes say, “I now have to question your message” or “I can no longer in good conscience endorse your work”. This is alarming: I certainly don’t want anyone’s acceptance of, say, the proposals in Sacred Economics to hinge on my personal moral purity.

If you are reading this because you are under the impression that I am some kind of saint, you might as well put it down right now, lest you discover someday on Facebook that I’m no better than any other human being, feel betrayed, and dismiss my message as the ravings of a hypocrite. I hope that you will consider these ideas on their own merits, and not on mine.

Putting anybody on a pedestal is detrimental for you and them.Putting anybody on a pedestal is detrimental for you and them.
The Blame Cycle

Ad hominem attacks seek to discredit the message by discrediting the messenger—a tactic that draws on the converse of the dispositionist view that people say bad things because they are bad people: if one can show they are bad people, then what they are saying must be bad too.

The situationist knows that this view is mistaken and that tactics drawing from it are likely to be counterproductive. Yes, we should continue to expose the truths of history and the workings of the world, but if we want those truths to be heard we must not wrap those exposés in the usual penumbra of blame.

The logic of control tells us that by shaming the perpetrators we can change them, but actually we only drive them deeper into their story. When I am attacked, I seek allies who will defend me. “No, it is the environmentalists who should be ashamed, not you!” On and on we go on the blame merry-go-round.

Move away from blame to end this negative cycle.Move away from blame to end this negative cycle.
Coming from Compassion

When we deploy rhetorical flourishes such as, “The fault lies with the fat-cat banksters who care not a whit for the suffering of the common man or the degradation of the environment”, we also make ourselves sound ridiculous to the bankers themselves, who like most human beings do in fact care about their fellow humans and the planet.

If we want to reach them, our articulation of the problem has to avoid ascribing personal evil to them, while also being uncompromising in describing the dynamics of the problem. I cannot offer a formula for how to do this. The right words and strategies arise naturally from compassion: from the understanding that the bankers or whoever do as I would do, were I in their shoes.

In other words, compassionate—and effective—words arise from a deeply felt realization of our common humanity. And this is possible only to the extent to which we have applied the same to ourselves. Truly, to be an effective activist requires an equivalent inner activism (Read: Nobody is Born a Terrorist).

Treat those that you see as your enemies with compassion.Treat those that you see as your enemies with compassion.
A Different Story

When we ourselves stand in a different story from blame and hate, we become capable of dislodging others from that place too. Our peaceful hearts change the situation, disrupting the story in which hate comes naturally and offering an experience that suggests a new one.

Hold on. Maybe I am saying this only because I am naive. Maybe my soft, coddled upbringing has blinded me to the reality of evil and the need to fight it with force. It is certainly true that I have not experienced firsthand the worst of what human beings can do to each other. But let me offer you the story of the South Korean activist and farmer Hwang Dae-Kwon.

Hwang was a militant anti-imperialist protester in the 1980s, a dangerous activity during that time of martial law. In 1985, he was arrested by the secret police and tortured for sixty days until he confessed to spying for North Korea. He was then thrown into prison, where he spent thirteen years in solitary confinement. During this time, he says, his only friends were the flies, mice, roaches, and lice that shared his cell, along with the weeds he met in the prison yard.

Let go of your story of hatred and embrace peace.Let go of your story of hatred and embrace peace.
The Power of Peacefulness

This experience turned him into an ecologist and practitioner of nonviolence. He realized, he told me, that all the violence he had endured was a mirror of the violence in himself.

His number one principle for activism is now to maintain a peaceful heart. At a recent demonstration, a line of police equipped with riot gear was marching toward the demonstrators. Hwang walked up to one of the police and, with a big smile, gave him a hug. The policeman was petrified—Hwang said he could see the terror in his eyes.

Hwang’s peacefulness has rendered him incapable of violence. For this to “work”, though, the peacefulness must be genuine and deep. The smile must be real. The love must be real. If there is an intent to manipulate, to show the other up, to highlight the brutality by contrasting it with one’s own nonviolence, then the power of the smile and the hug is much less strong.

Excerpt from Chapter 26 of The More Beautiful World Our Hearts Know Is Possible.
maggie

Post by maggie »

These three showed up in row on pandora.
Threes appeal to me. Two seem hanging. Three gives a base like a three legged stool.
So three in a row can give me a pattren to observe.

The lyrics in these videos harken to an open door.
What if every day was NEW?
What if we all art-is-ists created the day as a "sand mandala", not for posterity but for this moment?
What if we did know what it would feel to be that which needs no suoport but sustains and supports all
How does it feel to illuminate the Universe?
How IS being I AM ?

[youtube]https://youtu.be/hynlPhZN3X0[/youtube]

[youtube]https://youtu.be/eO4VAU3e3dU[/youtube]

[youtube]https://youtu.be/iNxa7qLX6_U[/youtube]
Off Topic
Om Namah Shivaaya Gurave, Satchitananda Murtaaye,
I bow to the Guru, the Self of All.
The embodiment of Being, Awareness and Bliss,
Nischprapanchaaya shaantaaya, Niraalambaaya Tejase
Living within everything as its true nature; Supreme peace;
needing no support, but sustaining and supporting all;
illuminating the entire universe with the light of consciousness.
maggie

Post by maggie »

Music like this sinks deep into my bones.
This music dives under the surface of hearing
Not happy music.
Not social music.
It is music for sitting alone with one self.
Sound Insinuates.
I can feel it reaching the shores of my cells.
They scintillate.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/i7bqCTJjp5s[/youtube]
maggie

Post by maggie »

maggie wrote:
maggie wrote:
Off Topic
I am enjoying a book on my kindle My Years of Magical Thinking
by Lionel Snell https://www.amazon.com/Years-Magical-Th ... l+thinking
The case being presented in Snell's argument (He also is known as Ramsey Dukes and as a chaos magician) is that cultures pull us toward qualities. He talks about arts, religion and science as cultures. Magic is also a culture. Magic attracts as a way to power but pulls us toward building our own strength leading to wholeness....

[youtube]https://youtu.be/iyxclFHk_m8[/youtube]

[youtube]https://youtu.be/SYGHIJOWylM[/youtube]
I am enjoying this book and author. He presents something to me that is very exciting. Magical thinking and magic culture as he is discussing is SUBJECTIVE.

For instance:
I intend to have a great job. I am in essence praying about it as I contemplate the situation. It is my intent. When stresses arise, I am IN MAGICAL THINKING expecting that no matter what i perceive the unfolding is according to my expectation. So as I encounter my bosses, I INTEND that whatever happens is toward the aim. I can look at everything WITH my aim.

My boss woman is very anxious. The business is stressing her, the physical pain she is having stresses her. She is acting a bit odd IMO at times.
Example:
I had an 89 year old client for an introductory thirty minute massage. She can't climb the steep cabin stairs to the floors with treatment rooms. Because I am a professional, I evaluated what was needed and did whatever I thought was best to help meet her needs. It involved moving furniture and a temporary space. I KNEW she would get everything she needed and I had faith she did. Simple.

In the way of the world, it MIGHT be that my boss wants to remind me that I am needing to doubt my own decisions (without her). My boss Hope (her name) was seeming a bit over concerned AFTER the fact when the client had come and gone. She was projecting lack of confidence, suggesting it "must have stressed me". She was just not congruent with my knowing the situation ended JUST FINE amnd no stress at all.

It seems obvious her employees act as depository for her own anxiety for her business? I have no charge with her because I decided I am going to enjoy the relationship. It didn't bother me that she may not trust me, as everything she expressed was irrelevant to the outcome. I could hear anything without feeling drama. I was just myself knowing my response WILL lead to our good relationship.

I know I can effect this reality between us. I can tap into a field where this potential is probable and IS with "appropriate time". I am doing magic. It does not mean anything in magic that I may be in some fictional state with a simulation in front of me. The same way of approaching it means I don't need to know what makes it all work.

I can speak anything and make it seem to stick about WHY such as about spirits, rituals, processes, laws, gods, my own higher self (whatever) charges the work? the need for the aim, for the faith and single vison still applies. If we see more of what we unconsciously create by looking at our selves, we can marvel at what can be done in aware consciousness.

And I decide about it all. The hood or ill is feedback. Everything we give out returns in kind to be seen.

In magic, I get to evaluate if the operation of my intent occurred and I make up it being a success...HUGE FREEDOM. That will sound insane to many. This way lies chaos. It is chaos to the similarity. This is sheer nonsence and whimsy. EVERYONE decides all at once what IS and what will be? there is no objective truth to chase or scientific dogma or religious ferver.

It is the nonchalance of perceiving well what paradox means. The small and the large are fractal and the in and the out a fractal. And you know what it will be but have to "go there" to find out how it all unfolded in time....this gifted day to appreciate the the workings out and over just in time and all one lovely moment. Magic likes to use no time in time.

I am the magician at large.
I am able to choose to see what WORKS after casting out the "bread" on the waters. If "it" doesn't work, this operation, that is just as good really for a magician... everything changes. OMG Why did I create That???

I will receive a boon of some piece of revelation anyway.

Doubt is possible the only sin. Doubt the process and it won't even begin. This is the REAL barrier.
Doubt stops the flow and stalls the knower.

ONE MUST KNOW: This magic is MINE. MY CONFIDENCE IS BUILDING WILDLY IN THE SYNCHRONICITIES. Now sincerely what happens.... is just perfect as after all everything works for the good of I am. I AM powerful.

It is not a scientific or religious or artistic understanding because the POWER it builds is in me, not in things or social recognition as an agreed creed. Magic relies on especially qualitative and NOT quantitative measures. Magic is always being "one off" and unrepeatable. The faith comes inside out as a well spring FOR us. And the ability to spread the magic is developing when we use it. HAVE TO USE FORE GIVING to widen its breadth...
That is the cutting edge, the internal flame that lights the whole world. Now I have patience in the small individual victories IMO.

When FEELING complete faith in my intention's success, I feel it before all particulars. Particulars add up LUCKY and for me magic WORKS, and what magic IT IS. As we know, the outer takes ever more ease and grace with practice. Try it and see, is the method. Absolute faith, love and charity is the process. Success is the outcome as we intend it and in surprise and in good will of a benevolent unknown we will meet what was requested. There is teleology pulling us to destiny which is wholeness made up of parts where we create the shape and textures and colors and meanings...

I love weighing in for the story that will necessarily be told some way or other.

Return to “Science (Spirituality)”