"Unit 9900": Ethical? Interesting.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
-Albert Einstein
Naga_Fireball

"Unit 9900": Ethical? Interesting.

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Greetings fellow EE.
Thanks again for your hospitality and positive community.

While reading about a plethora of topics this evening, I literally stumbled across a very fascinating article from the website "algemeiner",
entitled "IDF Intelligence Unit Using Soldiers With Autism Produces Stellar Results". This piece was published in 2014, making it pretty recent.

I entered some terms into the search window on my browser, something like "military exploitation autism", and this was the first result, if I am not mistaken. If you all bear with me for a moment, I will quote the short article below:

http://www.algemeiner.com/2014/02/20/id ... r-results/#

The Israeli Defense Force achieved a series of operational successes in recent years thanks to a group of soldiers with autism who contributed their unique abilities to Intelligence Unit 9900, Israel’s Channel 10 reported on Wednesday.

The Israeli Satellite Intelligence Unit provides essential information used by the military to execute highly complicated operations. This data is gathered using satellites orbiting Earth, high above the combat arena. In addition to satellites, Unit 9900 uses manned and unmanned aircraft, and advanced sensors.

The autistic young men and women who serve in Unit 9900 can sit for hours in front of electronic maps spotting the minutest changes, Channel 10 said. This is a rare ability that eludes most non-autistic soldiers.

Mossad chief Tamir Pardo is credited with initiating the program aimed at integrating Israel’s autistic population into the country’s military apparatus.

Soldiers who fall within the autistic spectrum must first complete a special course before joining Unit 9900, Channel 10 said. During the training, young men and women learn how to decipher maps and aerial photographs. Through the course, the soldiers also achieve greater independence as they learn to execute basic but essential tasks such as riding the bus to and from base.

Although I have not finished watching the (wonderful!) video posted by Christine and Sienna Lea,
it mentioned "harvesting" of vulnerable individuals, some of whom do have special needs and/or talents,
which put them in that vulnerable position.

Personally, I do have respect for the IDF as they are being open with the media about how these autistic people are being used.
The US military is not always forthright about informing members of such details, for example, a military candidate with ASD could test very high on paper but end up needing physical or moral support once placed.

There is also the question of whether a civilian think tank, such as these forums we love, is a better way to utilize the limited but startlingly powerful energy of people with autism spectrum disorders.

Whether or not people agree on employment of these individuals, there should be some laws in place protecting them from undue exploitation.

Thank you all for the patience to read this.
Those of you who know me personally know how close to home this information hits.
Before leaving the other website, I hit 5,000 posts there and was told by another member that it's a big thing.
I guess so! But it's sad that there are people with similar gifts, sitting in a room looking at satellite images for the military,
when the possibilities that come along with civilian freedoms are very great.

That intelligence is wasted on mere military exploits,
and needs to be applied to "everyday living" whether that's boring to the average person with ASD or not.

Without a specially institutionalized environment most of those ASD people might not even have found employment.
Which leads us to the issue thought formerly dead in advanced cultures, slavery.

Thoughts/criticisms/feelings? :)

(feeling very joyful, transitioning from male-dominated media to a place with some positive energy!) :lol:
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Re: "Unit 9900": Ethical? Interesting.

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Whoops, got smacked by the edit timeout,

another link, related to autism and foster care, the perspective of a social worker who is the father of an ASD child:
http://www.autismfile.com/treatment-the ... oster-care

some snips:
Phil Heslop

ASD & Foster Care

I am a Social Worker and Training Practitioner working with foster carers and the children they look after in their homes. However, as a father of a child with an Autistic Spectrum Disorder (more specifically Asperger Syndrome) I am all too aware that difficulties can and do occur outside of the family home.

As a child with an ASD he could not comprehend why he had to adapt to school and innocently found himself at odds with quite basic rules.

Through my discussions with foster carers who look after autistic children I have seen that they too seem to also unconsciously evolve family and home around the child. This appears to be not too dissimilar to birth families with autistic children.

There is a danger though in over diagnosing children who are in care with autism. The diagnosis has to be measured and quite often the early history of a fostered child is not known, and this is crucial information for the diagnosis. It is right to be cautious because a medical diagnosis is for life.
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Haha, get this -- the stalker I left PA over, made a thread today, about how he believes touching squirrels causes mental illness.
Maybe someone should tell him, most people just toss them peanuts, they don't give the squirrel a hand job... :D

In case you're wondering who I'm talking about, it's the guy(s) being discussed here:

http://www.cassiopaea.com/archive/wiley3c.htm
The Jadczyk - Weidner Correspondence, Studies in Psychopathy.
To: Goldenflower@...
Subject: Drunvalo II
Date sent: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 21:19:23 -0500

I was just reading Drunvalo's bio here:

http://www.floweroflife.org/dabout.htm

and it sounded a LOT like VB's schpiel. Very strange.

And then I had a very strange insight...

Having found this very small link on Bob Dratch's page between the guy who was training with the Mujahdeen, and Drunvalo... and the strange behavior of VB at the time of the WTC - when he ranted that the "ringing voice of the goddess was heard at last" in gleeful terms, as though he was "pround" of the WTC, it begins to make me wonder JUST WHAT IS GOING ON. [See: Vincent Bridges and the MOSSAD HappyDance ]
Here's his crazy thread about squirrels, posted today:
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthr ... -squirrels

ranting about how mentally retarded, disabled, and/or autistic people "deserve to be harmed",
because OH GEE maybe someone in their past life fed a squirrel...
I find it so absolutely amazing, the "fascination that people have" allowing "cute rodents" into their lives (wild animals) which can harbour various virus.. Is the mental illness (symptomology presenting) actually do to VIRUS infection? And NOT other conspiracy causes? think about that for a moment..
Someone tell that guy to find his med jar and take some.
That's a person right there who is 100% able and willing to exploit folks with ASD.
What kind of bitter, shut-in creep is going to blame a nationwide epidemic like autism and encephalitis in general,
on feeding a squirrel.

Maybe someone should stop feeding him, and the ranting and raving will stop.

Ugh!

Trying to enjoy the new forum, but since I do still read the old one,
it's sad that a member such as he (I asked them to ban him) is permitted to remain,
ranting and raving at the "misfits and untouchables" of the world.

Being a total phobe/shut-in isn't going to help anyone get better,
and the irrational fear of rodents is a mental illness (!).

:lol:
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Not squirrel germs causing the so-called "epidemic" of autism spectrum,
although it's real easy to copy/paste from Medpage Today email listings, haha.

Alex Jones has a very interesting piece on his news list today, about "new" (haha) technology that allows scientists to transfer human/animal genes into viruses, then use the viruses as a vehicle/vector for infusing a human target with "new" genes...

Now, all this talk about "NEW" makes me sick. In 2003, I joined the military, and it just so happens that I was informally dating a guy from Switzerland.
This man was a molecular biologist and engineer named Hansjoerg Lehnherr. Along with a Russian named Yarmolinksy, Lehnherr developed a bacteriophage vector called "P1", which held enough promise to jumpstart the government program for the vector "Lambda Red".

The P1 research was 80s, 90s, and extended of course into modern day research.
"Lambda Red" delivery system was actually used to manufacture the US military's 6-stage anthrax vaccine,
which was highly controversial and caused a lot of bad reactions/injuries that the military tried to cover up.
A good reference on that story is the book Vaccine A.

AJ Article: http://www.prisonplanet.com/vaccines-an ... umans.html
Vaccines: an ideal covert op to genetically re-engineer humans

Jon Rappoport
Prison Planet.com
July 13, 2015

I want to extend the remarks I made about vaccines the other day.

The reference is the New York Times, 3/15/15, “Protection Without a Vaccine.” It describes the frontier of research. Here are key quotes that illustrate the use of synthetic genes to “protect against disease,” while changing the genetic makeup of humans. This is not science fiction:

“By delivering synthetic genes into the muscles of the [experimental] monkeys, the scientists are essentially re-engineering the animals to resist disease.”

“’The sky’s the limit,’ said Michael Farzan, an immunologist at Scripps and lead author of the new study.”

“The first human trial based on this strategy — called immunoprophylaxis by gene transfer, or I.G.T. — is underway, and several new ones are planned.”

“I.G.T. is altogether different from traditional vaccination. It is instead a form of gene therapy. Scientists isolate the genes that produce powerful antibodies against certain diseases and then synthesize artificial versions. The genes are placed into viruses and injected into human tissue, usually muscle.”

Here is the punchline: “The viruses invade human cells with their DNA payloads, and the synthetic gene is incorporated into the recipient’s own DNA. If all goes well, the new genes instruct the cells to begin manufacturing powerful antibodies.”

The article mentions synthetic genes.
Just so happens there is a company I was critical of, a few years back, Blue Heron and Synthetic Genomics w/ J Craig Venter.
They make fake genes and can send them back to the requester in 3 days.
They did this for NIH about 5 years ago or more when we had the swine flu scare.

http://openwetware.org/wiki/Recombineer ... eplacement
Single-gene knockouts using λ red system, adapted from Datsenko and Wanner paper. The goal of this protocol was to create an endA (endonuclease I) knockout, but obviously it can be adapted to any gene.

The knocked-out gene is replaced with an antibiotic resistance gene, usually for kanamycin or chloramphenicol. In this example, the target strain was already kanamycin resistant, so the chloramphenicol resistance gene was used.

Since the λ red system can introduce unintended mutations, often people move the knockout to a fresh strain after it is verified. P1 transduction can be used to do this.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recombineering
Recombineering (recombination-mediated genetic engineering)[1] is a genetic and molecular biology technique based on homologous recombination systems, as opposed to the older/more common method of using restriction enzymes and ligases to combine DNA sequences in a specified order. Recombineering is widely used for bacterial genetics, in the generation of target vectors for making a conditional mouse knockout, and for modifying DNA of any source often contained on a bacterial artificial chromosome (BAC), among other applications.
A newer method:
In the year 2010, it has been demonstrated that ssDNA recombination can occur in the absence of known recombination functions.[21] Recombinants were found at up to 104/108 viable cells. This Red-independent activity has been demonstrated in P. syringae, E. coli, S. enterica serovar typhimurium and S. flexneria.

Pretty much the meat and bones of what they were doing 15 years ago:
Use of bacteriophage λ recombination functions to promote gene replacement in Escherichia coli.

So these people are messing with our genome, causing freak mutations, then trying to blame it on the animals we interact with.
I don't think scientists who mess with this stuff should be called fellow humans, they are creating monsters and they are what they create.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster
A monster is any creature, usually found in legends or horror fiction, that is often hideous and may produce fear or physical harm by its appearance and/or its actions. The word "monster" derives from Latin monstrum, an aberrant occurrence, usually biological, that was taken as a sign that something was wrong within the natural order.[1]

The word usually connotes something wrong or evil; a monster is generally morally objectionable, physically or psychologically hideous, and/or a freak of nature. It can also be applied figuratively to a person with similar characteristics like a greedy person or a person who does horrible things.

The root of "monstrum" is "monere"—which does not only mean to warn, but also to instruct, and forms the basis of the modern English demonstrate. Thus, the monster is also a sign or instruction. This benign interpretation was proposed by Saint Augustine, who did not see the monster as inherently evil, but as part of the natural design of the world, a kind-of deliberate category error.[2]
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Uhoh, here's some sad news:
(CNN)Paul James Lioy, an environmental scientist known for his analysis of the health effects of the dust produced by the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center, died this week after collapsing at Newark Liberty International Airport. He was 68.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/12/us/scient ... =obnetwork
Scientist who studied 9/11 dust dies

By Pilar Melendez, for CNN

Updated 8:35 AM ET, Mon July 13, 2015
Airports can be stressful, but it's a tiny bit odd.
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Hello all, sorry for the drama tainting this thread,
but since the Wikipedia article mentions autistic folks,
thought it would be worth throwing "out there" more precisely what type of intelligence Unit 9900 might rely on --

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluid_and ... telligence

Fluid and crystallized intelligence
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In psychology, fluid and crystallized intelligence (respectively abbreviated Gf and Gc) are factors of general intelligence, originally identified by Raymond Cattell.[1] Concepts of fluid and crystallized intelligence were further developed by Cattell's student, John L. Horn.

Fluid intelligence or fluid reasoning is the capacity to think logically and solve problems in novel situations, independent of acquired knowledge. It is the ability to analyze novel problems, identify patterns and relationships that underpin these problems and the extrapolation of these using logic. It is necessary for all logical problem solving, e.g., in scientific, mathematical, and technical problem solving. Fluid reasoning includes inductive reasoning and deductive reasoning.

Crystallized intelligence is the ability to use skills, knowledge, and experience. It does not equate to memory, but it does rely on accessing information from long-term memory. Crystallized intelligence is one’s lifetime of intellectual achievement, as demonstrated largely through one's vocabulary and general knowledge. This improves somewhat with age, as experiences tend to expand one's knowledge.

The terms are somewhat misleading because one is not a "crystallized" form of the other. Rather, they are believed to be separate neural and mental systems. Crystallized intelligence is indicated by a person's depth and breadth of general knowledge, vocabulary, and the ability to reason using words and numbers. It is the product of educational and cultural experience in interaction with fluid intelligence.

Fluid and crystallized intelligence are thus correlated with each other, and most IQ tests attempt to measure both varieties. For example, the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (WAIS) measures fluid intelligence on the performance scale and crystallized intelligence on the verbal scale. The overall IQ score is based on a combination of these two scales.

Contents

1 History
2 Theoretical development
2.1 Fluid versus crystallized
2.2 Factor structure
3 Measurement of fluid intelligence
4 Development and physiology
5 Improving fluid intelligence with training on working memory
6 See also
7 References

History

Fluid and crystallized intelligence were originally identified by Raymond Cattell.[2] Concepts of fluid and crystallized intelligence were further developed by Cattell's student, John L. Horn. Since Cattell's and Horn's publications, the concepts of fluid and crystallized intelligence have become so ingrained in the field of intelligence that they are no longer routinely attributed to Cattell or Horn—much as Cattell's scree plot became ingrained in the practice of factor analysis or Freud's concept of the subconscious is ingrained in psychology and in the public's perceptions of the mind.
Theoretical development

Fluid and crystallized intelligence are discrete factors of general intelligence, or g.[3] Although formally recognized by Cattell, the distinction was foreshadowed by Charles Spearman who originally developed the theory of g and made a similar observation regarding the difference between eductive and reproductive mental ability.[4]

According to Cattell,
"...it is apparent that one of these powers… has the 'fluid' quality of being directable to almost any problem. By contrast, the other is invested in particular areas of crystallized skills which can be upset individually without affecting the others."[3]

Thus, his claim was that each type, or factor, was independent of the other, though many authors have noted an apparent interdependence of the two.[5]

Fluid versus crystallized

Fluid intelligence includes such abilities as pattern recognition, abstract reasoning, and problem-solving.

Evidence is consistent with the view that Gf is more affected by brain injury.[6][7]

Deficits in fluid intelligence are found on some measures in individuals with Autism spectrum disorders, including Asperger syndrome, whereas enhanced performance on other tasks measuring fluid intelligence has been found in this population.[8][9][10]

Crystallized intelligence is possibly more amenable to change as it relies on specific, acquired knowledge. When learning new facts, someone's fund of knowledge is expanded. Vocabulary tests and the verbal subscale of the WAIS are considered good measures of Gc. Crystallized intelligence relates to the study of aging. Belsky claims this declines with age. In life, knowledge that is not used can be forgotten. Belsky believes that there is at least one age of maximum crystallized intelligence; after which forgetting exceeds the rate at which knowledge is acquired.[11]

Not surprisingly, people with a high capacity of Gf tend to acquire more Gc knowledge and at faster rates. The process of acquiring factual knowledge is sometimes called "cognitive investment."[12]

Some researchers have linked the theory of fluid and crystallized intelligence to Piaget's conception of operative intelligence and learning.[13][14] Fluid ability and Piaget's operative intelligence both concern logical thinking and the eduction of relations. Crystallized ability and Piaget's treatment of everyday learning reflect the impress of experience. Like fluid ability's relation to crystallized intelligence, Piaget's operativity is considered to be prior to, and ultimately provides the foundation for, everyday learning.
Factor structure

Fluid intelligence generally correlates with measures of abstract reasoning and puzzle solving. Crystallized intelligence correlates with abilities that depend on knowledge and experience, such as vocabulary, general information, and analogies. Paul Kline identified a number of factors that shared a correlation of at least r=.60 with Gf and Gc.[15] Factors with median loadings[clarify] of greater than 0.6 on Gf included induction, visualization, quantitative reasoning, and ideational fluency. Factors with median loadings of greater than 0.6 on Gc included verbal ability, language development, reading comprehension, sequential reasoning, and general information. It may be suggested that tests of intelligence may not be able to truly reflect levels of fluid intelligence. Some authors have suggested that unless an individual was truly interested in the problem presented, the cognitive work required may not be performed because of a lack of interest.[16] These authors contend that a low score on tests which are intended to measure fluid intelligence may reflect more a lack of interest in the tasks rather than inability to complete the tasks successfully.

Measurement of fluid intelligence

There are various measures that assess fluid intelligence. The Cattell Culture Fair IQ test, the Raven Progressive Matrices (RPM), and the performance subscale of the WAIS are measures of Gf. The RPM[17] is one of the most commonly used measures of fluid abilities. It is a non-verbal multiple choice test. Participants have to complete a series of drawings by identifying relevant features based on the spatial organization of an array of objects, and choosing one object that matches one or more of the identified features.[18] This task assesses the ability to consider one or more relationships between mental representations or relational reasoning. Propositional analogies and semantic decision tasks are also used to assess relational reasoning.[19][20]

Standardized IQ tests such as those used in psychoeducational assessment also include tests of fluid intelligence. In the Woodcock-Johnson Tests of Cognitive Abilities,[21] Gf is assessed by two tests: Concept Formation (Test 5) in the Standard Battery and Analysis Synthesis (Test 15) in the Extended Battery. On Concept Formation tasks, the individual has to apply concepts by inferring the underlying "rules" for solving visual puzzles that are presented in increasing levels of difficulty. Individuals at the preschool level have to point to a shape that is different from others in a set. As the level of difficulty increases, individuals increasingly demonstrate an understanding of what constitutes a key difference (or the "rule") for solving puzzles involving one to one comparisons, and on later items identifying common differences among a set of items. For more difficult items, individuals need to understand the concept of "and" (e.g. solution must have some of this and some of that) and the concept of "or" (e.g. to be inside a box, the item must be either this or that). The most difficult items require fluid transformations and cognitive shifting between the various types of concept puzzles that the examinee has worked with previously.[22]

Concept Formation tasks assess inductive reasoning ability. In the Analysis-Synthesis test, the individual has to learn and orally state the solutions to incomplete logic puzzles that mimic a miniature mathematics system. The test also contains some of the features involved in using symbolic formulations in other fields such as chemistry and logic. The individual is presented with a set of logic rules, a "key" that is used to solve the puzzles. The individual has to determine the missing colors within each of the puzzles using the key. Complex items present puzzles that require two or more sequential mental manipulations of the key to derive a final solution. Increasingly difficult items involve a mix of puzzles that require fluid shifts in deduction, logic, and inference.[22] Analysis Synthesis tasks assess general sequential reasoning.

In the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children-IV (WISC IV),[23] the Perceptual Reasoning Index contains two subtests that assess Gf: Matrix Reasoning, which involves induction and deduction, and Picture Concepts, which involves induction.[24] In the Picture Concepts task, children are presented a series of pictures on two or three rows and asked which pictures (one from each row) belong together based on some common characteristic. This task assesses the child's ability to discover the underlying characteristic (e.g. rule, concept, trend, class membership) that governs a set of materials. Matrix Reasoning also tests this ability as well as the ability to start with stated rules, premises, or conditions and to engage in one or more steps to reach a solution to a novel problem (deduction). In the Matrix Reasoning test, children are presented a series or sequence of pictures with one picture missing. Their task is to choose the picture that fits the series or sequence from an array of five options. Since Matrix Reasoning and Picture Concepts involve the use of visual stimuli and do not require expressive language, they are considered to be non-verbal tests of Gf.[24]

Within the corporate environment, fluid intelligence is a predictor of a person's capacity to work well in environments characterised by complexity, uncertainty, and ambiguity. The Cognitive Process Profile (CPP) measures a person's fluid intelligence and cognitive processes. It maps these against suitable work environments according to Elliott Jacques Stratified Systems Theory.

Development and physiology

Fluid intelligence, like reaction time, typically peaks in young adulthood and then steadily declines. This decline may be related to local atrophy of the brain in the right cerebellum.[25] Other researchers have suggested that a lack of practice, along with age-related changes in the brain may contribute to the decline.[5] Crystallized intelligence typically increases gradually, stays relatively stable across most of adulthood, and then begins to decline after age 65.[5] The exact peak age of cognitive skills remains elusive, it depends on the skill measurement as well as on the survey design. Cross-sectional data shows typically an earlier onset of cognitive decline in comparison with longitudinal data. The former may be confounded due to cohort effects while the latter may be biased due to prior test experiences.[26]

Working memory capacity is closely related to fluid intelligence, and has been proposed to account for individual differences in Gf.[27]
Improving fluid intelligence with training on working memory

According to David Geary, Gf and Gc can be traced to two separate brain systems. Fluid intelligence involves both the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex, the anterior cingulate cortex, and other systems related to attention and short-term memory. Crystallized intelligence appears to be a function of brain regions that involve the storage and usage of long-term memories, such as the hippocampus.[28]

Some researchers question whether the results of training are long lasting and transferable, especially when these techniques are used by healthy children and adults without cognitive deficiencies.[29] A recent meta-analytical review conducted by researchers from the University of Oslo concluded that "memory training programs appear to produce short-term, specific training effects that do not generalize."[30]

In a controversial study, Susanne M. Jaeggi and her colleagues at the University of Michigan, found that healthy young adults who practiced a demanding working memory task (dual n-back) approximately 25 minutes per day for between 8 and 19 days, had statistically significant increases in their scores on a matrix test of fluid intelligence taken before and after the training than a control group who did not do any training at all.[31]

A second study conducted at the University of Technology in Hangzhou, China, supports Jaeggi's results independently. After student subjects were given a 10 day training regimen based on the dual n-back working memory theory, the students were tested on Raven's Standard Progressive Matrices. Their scores were found to have increased significantly.[32]

Subsequent studies on n-back, namely by Chooi & Thompson[33] and Redick et al.[34] do not support Jaeggi's claims. Although participants' performance on the training task improved, results from latter did not suggest any significant improvement in the mental abilities tested, especially fluid intelligence and working memory capacity.
See also

Outline of human intelligence
Raymond Cattell
CHC theory
General intelligence factor
Intelligence
Three stratum theory

see also:

http://scottbarrykaufman.com/wp-content ... .-2012.pdf

Fluid insight moderates the relationship between psychoticism
and crystallized intelligence

Robert Buckingham
Michael Kiernan
Samantha Ainsworth
School of Psychology, Charles Sturt University, Bathurst, NSW 2795, Australia
Junee Correctional Centre, Junee, NSW 2663, Australia

A second line of enquiry has implicated elevations in psychoti-cism with creative genius. P scores have been positively associated
with both psychometric creativity test scores (e.g., Batey & Furn-ham, 2009; Eysenck & Furnham, 1993; Stavridou & Furnham,
1996; Woody & Claridge, 1977) as well as creative achievements (e.g., Booker, Fearn, & Francis, 2001; Gotz & Gotz, 1979; Rushton,
1990; Stephen, 2008).

Eysenck (1995)suggests that, like psychotic individuals, creative individuals possess weak latent inhibition and
consequently have ‘‘wide associative horizons’’ which allow them to perceive connections that others do not see.
This notion has found some support in the literature.

Dellas and Gaier (1970), for example, reported that creative individuals are less likely to screen out supposedly irrelevant details.
Furthermore, a study of Harvard University students, found that weak latent inhibition was associ-ated with greater creative achievements
(Carson, Peterson, & Hig-gins, 2003).

http://paulcooijmans.com/genius/associa ... rizon.html

Summarized, the person with wide associative horizon is primarily living one's own mind, not letting one's mental state be determined or strongly affected by others. This is not a choice but a personality feature outside of one's control. Such a person may be seen as unusual, isolated, original, bizarre, detached from emotion, cold.

The most recent insight as to the cause of having a wide associative horizon concerns the intellect trying to make sense of the world in the absence of mammalian instincts like empathy and "nonverbal communication" (facial expression, intonation, and body language). This is what one sees in Aspergoid, schizoid, autistic, or some premorbid schizophrenic persons. Such a condition widens associative horizon, while also increasing and advancing awareness.

It is as if the intellect can operate much more freely when not held back by the ancient mammalian biases of instinct. The level of intelligence and the depth of the disturbance of instinct both play a role in determining the width of associative horizon. It is a synergistic interaction; Intelligence combined with the defect of instinct first causes associative horizon to be wide, and then intelligence and associative horizon both contribute to creativity (together with conscientiousness).

A remark I wish to make is that what I call "associative horizon" is by others often mistaken for "creativity". But creativity is a higher-level phenomenon, a synergy of things, of which associative horizon is only one. The idea that associative horizon itself is creativity is of course attractive to who do not possess much of the other components of creativity. But it is not true
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/ev ... nd-madness
Genius and Madness
Dopamine and the extremes of human thought
Post published by Emily Deans M.D. on May 19, 2011 in Evolutionary Psychiatry

A more medial dopamine personality might be a bit wacky, impulsive, and free-thinking. A hippie or an artist. Not particularly good at planning, but often compelling, creative and interesting. Maybe not the first person you would want to take into the wilderness, but perhaps capable of intuitive leaps of logic that could get you out of a real jam. As it is the serotonin/norepinephrine right brain tracts that are more responsible for emotional sensitivity and understanding social cues, the medial dopamine dominant personality may not be particularly empathetic, and might wander off and leave you alone in the the wilderness as he or she might think of something better to do. The dark side of the medial dopamine dominance would be psychosis, paranoia and irresponsibility. (Keep in mind that these are all generalizations - all the tracts interact in complex ways so there is rarely any such thing as a pure "medial dopamine personality.")

Too much excess in the medial dopamine tracts leads to madness. Irrational thought, paranoia, loose thought associations, psychosis. In just enough excess it is creative genius. Families with schizophrenics are also more likely to have more creative individuals. And many people considered geniuses also suffered madness, such as Nobel Prize winner John Nash (link is external), who was also schizophrenic. When asked how a mathematician devoted to logic and proof could believe that extraterrestrials were sending him messages, he said, "Because... the ideas I had about supernatural beings came to me the same way that my mathematical ideas did." Unfortunately, since schizophrenia is ultimately an inflammatory neurodegenerative disease, the illness can ultimately cause enough damage to make it difficult to maintain brilliance over long adult decades.
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

An absolutely superb explanation of some of these ideas,
sent to me by a dear friend:

http://www.sciencecodex.com/research_ex ... ity-163422
Research examines relationship between autism and creativity

New research has found that people with high levels of autistic traits are more likely to produce unusually creative ideas.

Psychologists from the University of East Anglia (UEA) and University of Stirling examined the relationship between autistic-like traits and creativity. While they found that people with high autistic traits produced fewer responses when generating alternative solutions to a problem - known as 'divergent thinking' - the responses they did produce were more original and creative. It is the first study to find a link between autistic traits and the creative thinking processes.

The research, published today in the Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, looked at people who may not have a diagnosis of autism but who have high levels of behaviours and thought processes typically associated with the condition. This builds on previous research suggesting there may be advantages to having some traits associated with autism without necessarily meeting criteria for diagnosis.

Co-author of the study Dr Martin Doherty, from UEA's School of Psychology, said: "People with high autistic traits could be said to have less quantity but greater quality of creative ideas. They are typically considered to be more rigid in their thinking, so the fact that the ideas they have are more unusual or rare is surprising. This difference may have positive implications for creative problem solving."

READ MORE HERE!!
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

(If you guys n gals have been watching, some of our formerly beloved sites are host to vaccine shills -- every 2nd thread/post from some of them is pro vaccine or an attempt to evoke fear of viruses.

Of course, many [not all!] of the families affected by modern illnesses have looked pretty extensively at vaccines hoping for an explanation of their loved ones' symptoms.

That we get no answer from the corporations, yet they continue to churn out more and more vaccines, is very telling.

By the way, When you see a shill say "a shill"!) :lol:

http://thespudd.com/anonymous-hacks-big ... ma-shills/

Anonymous hacks Big Pharma; releases list of paid pharma shills
Published on July 5, 2015 in Big Pharma by Doktor Spudd

Viruses are actually vital to human evolution -- any @$$hole who says otherwise needs to shove it.
Hiding ourselves away behind barriers of artificial walls and artificial immunity, immunity that can backfire on its host,
will not save us from illness -- furthermore, fearing contact with nature hinders human evolution.

What kind of evolution can we expect, when all people do is cower in fear and listen to lies??

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14666532
Am J Phys Anthropol. 2003;Suppl 37:14-46.
Role of viruses in human evolution.
Van Blerkom LM1.
Author information
Abstract

The study of viral molecular genetics has produced a considerable body of research into the sequences and phylogenetic relationships of human and animal viruses. A review of this literature suggests that humans have been afflicted by viruses throughout their evolutionary history, although the number and types have changed. Some viruses show evidence of long-standing intimate relationship and cospeciation with hominids, while others are more recently acquired from other species, including African monkeys and apes while our line was evolving in that continent, and domesticated animals and rodents since the Neolithic. Viral selection for specific resistance polymorphisms is unlikely, but in conjunction with other parasites, viruses have probably contributed to selection pressure maintaining major histocompatibility complex (MHC) diversity and a strong immune response. They may also have played a role in the loss in our lineage of N-glycolylneuraminic acid (Neu5Gc), a cell-surface receptor for many infectious agents. Shared viruses could have affected hominid species diversity both by promoting divergence and by weeding out less resistant host populations, while viruses carried by humans and other animals migrating out of Africa may have contributed to declines in other populations. Endogenous retroviral insertions since the divergence between humans and chimpanzees were capable of directly affecting hominid evolution through changes in gene expression and development.

Copyright 2003 Wiley-Liss, Inc.

PMID:
[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

How to spot Big Pharma Trolls

http://www.vaccidemic.org/

https://passiveaggressiveraven.wordpres ... nt-page-1/
In an attempt to be balanced, I have created the term “Vax Shill” (#vaxshill) and will articulate it here. These are the characteristics and behaviors of those who would force vaccination upon you, which include, but are not limited to:

1. Sticks to a pre-defined and rehearsed script, and ignores anything outside their narrative. Often they appear out of nowhere, interrupting conversations with others.

2. Flagrant and repetitive use of buzzwords like pseudoscience, debunked, quack doctor, crank, grifter, caveman, knuckle dragger, Neanderthal, disease spreader, denier, tin foil hat, Dunning Kruger, Google University, problematic, simply science, vaccines work, Godwin, shill gambit, dipshit, dimwit, & fuckwit.

3. They are Pro-GMO’s, Pro-Vax, Pro-Fluoride in water, Statins, and calls all else quackery. Constantly attacks anyone who says otherwise.

4. Sticks to only one source, non-scientific, or relies solely on epidemiological data that shares their own bias.

5. Thinks Paul Offit is not a pile of shit liar, pays zero attention to any conflicts of interest, but doesn’t hold the same for those with opposing views.
Speaking of Offit, he will agree to debate, and sets his own terms. Chickens out at last minute, and compares vaccines to gravity.

6. Anyone caught voicing an opinion is immediately labeled anti-something. Uses mass generalizations.

7. Demands to be linked to only government or corporate sourced “studies”, considers all else fraud and quackery.

8. Immediately brings up the name Wakefield, regardless of the merit of the argument, when discussing Autism.

9. Plays false association games when presented with a bulletproof, airtight argument. Changes subject to avoid further discussion.

10. Uses ad hominem attacks when given any data, referring to individual as “Dunning Kruger”. Claims you must be a doctor or scientist to opine on vaccines or their safety.

11. And of course, insults anyone who disagrees, then accuses them of being impolite or rude. Makes some kind of emotional reason to justify their insults.

12. Claims you have no right to share your personal vaccine harm accounts publicly. Always calls on you to prove it, then shrugs it off as anecdotal and inconsequential.

13. Rejects religious freedom, gun ownership rights, and medical choice. Claims moral conscience is not a right to decline vaccination. Denies aborted fetal cells are in vaccines, until shown they are. Then admits to it.

14. Believes toxic ingredients are not toxic when injected into the body.

15. Compares vaccinations to seatbelts, traffic lanes, and driving laws. None of which are injected into the body.
http://www.vaccidemic.org/dorit-the-bul ... money-web/ <-- was removed!

some good info:

http://www.vaccidemic.org/posts/a-compi ... se-autism/

Why you should consider saying "F#CK VACCINES":

http://www.vaccidemic.org/vaccine-knowl ... -diseases/

mod "Herve" on the old site (for those from PA) has a really excellent collection of articles in his thread,
"Do vaccines contribute to autism".

(...With moderators like Herve I'm frankly astounded that shills like B & C are still posting.
Literally every second post is fearmongering about viruses and the supposed need for vaccines to save us. Any reasonably concerned or intelligent person can read for themselves and see that the pro-vaccine threads original mostly from shills.)

Sorry for the French but F#CK THAT BULL SH#T.

Wanted to mention again,
to give you an example of the amount of money being written off (protected from tax) under guise of developing vaccines;
and this is just ONE example,

the Malaria vaccine, otherwise known as the Gates Vaccine project (name of the contract at University of Washington),
has a 10 BILLION dollar budget -- does that seem excessive? It IS excessive.

The east Indian "Marscraft" space launch cost less than 250 million $ USD correct?

It's no surprise that it is India's supreme court challenging the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation's stance on forced vaccination and profiteering.
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

In line with Unit 9900, Israel also taking advantage of dolphins:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/20/middleeas ... index.html
(CNN)Hamas believes it has captured Israel's most sophisticated new surveillance technology -- a dolphin spy. That's according to an article in the Palestinian daily al-Quds published Wednesday.

"Israel did not just stop at the bloody attacks against the Gaza Strip," the Arabic-language article reads, "Now it has recruited a watery pet, the dolphin, known for his friendship with humans, to use for operations to kill Qassam Brigade Naval Commandos."

The Qassam Brigades, the military wing of Hamas, which controls Gaza, refused to comment on the story to CNN on Thursday.

The article claims Qassam operatives on a training exercise along the beach confiscated camera equipment and spying devices mounted on the back of the dolphin.

"The Israeli security apparatus took advantage of dolphins' love for humans, and how the animals like to play with people on the water, or in the depths of the sea, to reach members of the Qassam's marine unit," the article read.

A spokesperson for the Israel Defense Forces contacted by CNN declined to comment on the report.
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Speaking of unethical, instead of appropriate therapy for these kids the state of Washington turns a blind eye to forced medication, chemical restraint, off label prescriptions.

Its sad but true. My son is faced with it now, being chemically shelved rather than emotionally fostered.
~William Cowper

Return to “Science (Spirituality)”