"Unit 9900": Ethical? Interesting.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
-Albert Einstein
norman

Re: "Unit 9900": Ethical? Interesting.

Post by norman »

Naga_Fireball wrote:
being chemically shelved rather than emotionally fostered.
You do come out with some cracking good lines NF.

I once had the uncomfortable experience of having a conversation with a woman who thought of herself as a Pagan Witch. Out of nowhere, she said "Autism is the next stage of human evolution". My jaw dropped. Then she went on to describe the whole of the human race as a swarm/hive thing. At that point I began to protest that she'd been reading too many of the wrong kind of books, or something, and that what she was describing was the absolute opposition, we as concious humans, have to resist.

We failed to get along, after that.

I wonder what you might think about that?
"The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy." -- Charles de Montesquieu
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Hi Norman.

Tremendous phone trouble, keyboard crashed on this page and quoting was not working either, but hopefully my reply still makes sense.

I understand what you mean about people who openly speak about their paganism; it has been popularized as of late, and particularly in the early half of the last century attracted such personalities as Aleister Crowley and Adolf Hitler.

That said, once people process and successfully understand their emotions, hopefully any desire to dominate, harm, or influence will pass.

When I was in the air force wicca had just been added to the list of acknowledged faiths, but opinions were complicated. What's surprising i suppose is that wiccans were joining the military and becoming militant and militarized!

Personally, I own enough books on the subject to start a subscription library, but have neither read nor applied the vast majority of knowledge.

I suppose it would be tough to hear a wiccan go on about opinions yet claim not to practice any black magic. I've judged those folks harshly in the past only to learn that it was I who was full of hate and anger. This anger affected my perception of what magic is about.

But regarding autism itself, lots of people make the arrogant mistake of saying "they are the next big thing". I've said it myself and suspect you are aware. However since then I do realize evolution is not linear. There is no single missing link or superman. Because we are all evolving as individuals and also as populations of human beings.

Evolution is largely responses to stimuli directed loosely by genes. I can see why it troubled you.

Madeleine L'Engle believed autism was both blessing and curse. As debilitating as it is helpful, like the midas touch.

But please tell me, what is the " wrong sort of book"?

@@
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

P.s. I think having metric tons of books of most all types is good practice but I am a nerd.
~William Cowper
norman

Post by norman »

Naga_Fireball wrote:

But please tell me, what is the " wrong sort of book"?

@@
I think what caused me spring that statement back at her, at the time, was that I knew her ex-husband was a Freemason, a very intellectual one, at that.

In my imagination, I 'saw' a picture of her being heavily indoctrinated by a field of thinking that I, rightly or wrongly, regard as dark and anti-human.
"The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy." -- Charles de Montesquieu
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Eek, I see! Yes that would be creepy, as the doctrines collide a lot -- perhaps I'm ignorant regarding the OES, but it seems like Masonry and witchcraft should not go in hand, yet it seems that all too often, this is the case.

Organized crime could be magically inflicted, sure. Lots of people on the older forums talked about that stuff.

There are even a few Spongebob cartoons that poke fun at Masonic group think. Cephalopod Lodge should bring it up on YouTube.

The author I mentioned, L'engle, pitted her autistic character Charles Wallace against the hive mind that dominates the fictional planet of Camazotz. He is fascinayed by The Man With Red Eyes, who is a lackey of the World Brain called IT. In the book Charles becomes wholly ensnared by the hive mind and has to be rescued by his older sister who is less susceptible to IT due to her great stubbornness.

I've had some awful premonition of the hive mind Norman, mostly in conjunction with computers, and I could not stop thinking there is something terrible out there. White sands and CERN are just two places.

The man in the book about candle magic I quoted in the thread about Youth said, its important to invoke powers as Inner Image, to take ownership of energies and give them our human attributes and not vice versa. Not to let the powers run away with us or cling to a blind or nonexiistent entity.

Harsh words but sadly most modern witches are not deists. Any religion that let's a person blame God for it all lacks dimension.

The deceased mathematician John Nash might have been able to explain the "Tao" of the continuum vs the limitations in individual thinking, but his brain was different therefore his reality was different. :(
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

CNN crashes my fossil too much so i read foxnews. So saddened & sickened by what happened to the DDD workers at the holiday gathering. Not the right way to send a message.

I'm not one to talk, but even if we feel persecuted by the system violence isnt the answer. People can vent but I am reeling from what happened.

My stomach was awful today and yesterday. Such stress in our world. Divines help us, as they say in elder scrolls.

This month could scarcely throw more curveballs and it's day 2 (on this side anyhow).

Wanted to add note re child , that drug has not yet been given to my knowledge. I'm doing what I can, but it's slow going.

:(
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

http://healthland.time.com/2012/07/10/w ... in-common/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not sure if this one was in here, but I found it extremely interesting.^
~William Cowper

Return to “Science (Spirituality)”