Quantum Equation Suggests the Big Bang Never Occurred and the Universe Has No Beginning

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
-Albert Einstein
Spiritwind

Quantum Equation Suggests the Big Bang Never Occurred and the Universe Has No Beginning

Post by Spiritwind »

http://themindunleashed.org/2015/02/qua ... nning.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

New study gives an astonishing answer to the eternal question of how the world began. Two astrophysicists argue that the Big Bang may never have happened, meaning the universe may have existed forever.

The model they suggest complements Einstein’s theory of general relativity with quantum corrections, and could also explain dark matter and dark energy.

It’s needless to say that this hypothesis on the origin of the universe is drastically different from most modern cosmological models. One of the most popular ones, the Big Bang theory, suggests that the universe began from a single, infinitely dense point known as the “singularity,” which began to expand 13.8 billion years ago resulting in a “Big Bang.” This is when the universe began according to the proponents of this model.

The Big Bang theory is derived from the mathematics of general relativity, but there are some weak points in it, since it can only explain what happened immediately after the Big Bang, but not before.

Now, Dr. Ahmed Farag Ali of Benha University, Egypt, in collaboration with Professor Saurya Das of the University of Lethbridge, Canada, came up with a series of equations that present an eternal universe with no beginning nor end.

In their work, Ali and Das used the ideas of David Bohm, American theoretical physicist, to make quantum corrections to an equation developed by Indian physicist Amal Kumar Raychaudhuri (the so-called Raychaudhuri’s equation), thus combining elements from both quantum mechanics and general relativity. As a result, they got a universe that was much smaller in the past, but never existed as the infinite density point.

“The Big Bang singularity is the most serious problem of general relativity because the laws of physics appear to break down there,” says Ali.

What about dark energy and dark matter? It is another unsolved mystery of the universe that has been torturing scientific minds for years, as it has been confirmed that dark matter together with dark energy form approximately 95% of the total content of the universe, but yet so little is known about these mysterious phenomena.

Here Das and Ali’s model suggests that dark energy and dark matter may be derived from a Bose-Einstein condensate, a state of matter in which particles display macroscopic quantum phenomena. This condensate existed in the early universe and may have been formed by gravitons– hypothetical particles that flood the universe and carry gravity but have no mass.

Of course, the model suggested by Ali and Das is not a full theory of quantum gravity, but it is another major attempt to unite quantum theory and general relativity, which has been one of the most significant challenges in physics for the last decades.

Featured image: This is an artist’s concept of the metric expansion of space, where space (including hypothetical non-observable portions of the universe) is represented at each time by the circular sections. Credit: NASA
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....
Naga_Fireball

Re: Quantum Equation Suggests the Big Bang Never Occurred and the Universe Has No Beginning

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Thanks for this :)
It is better than wondering.
What a cool concept, too --
Big Bang sounds like some sort of unmentionable college soiree
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
Exit-0

Re: Quantum Equation Suggests the Big Bang Never Occurred and the Universe Has No Beginning

Post by Exit-0 »

The members should be aware of yet another conclusion that completely contradicts Relativity - the Electric Universe Model.

In the science of Plasma Physics, the universe is said to be "continuous", thereby circumventing the need to describe any beginning; either with a Big Bang, or describing it as Infinite.

In a Plasma Physics Laboratory, experiments prove the continuous nature of the electrical process observed throughout the universe. (See: http://www.i-sis.org.uk/Continuous_Crea ... Plasma.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

In a universe driven by Realativity, astronmers see "red-shift" as defining a distance-away-from, wherein the Electric Model, red-shift is a product of plasma activity. (see here:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8shxpZJ30Q

To understand the universe as being a "continuous" electrical phenomenon, allows one to see the possibility of how it can be switched-on, or switched-off - just as in a plasma physics laboratory.

Which leads to the possibility of some sort of control mechanism outside of human perception. (hyperdimensional)
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Can I call you Doc Brown? ;)

(More please)
~William Cowper
Hermit

Post by Hermit »

...As it was in the beginning is now, and ever shall be, world without end...
Ingressum instruas, progressum dirigas, egressum compleas.
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

For me this is a very mind boggling concept. I'm not sure if it's ego or lack of faith. But the agony of a universe that has infinite past and future. Perhaps my view is myopic.
~William Cowper
Hermit

Post by Hermit »

AND THEN! :D

Naga, add to that the many universe theory. Ready for this one?

It goes something like this. (And if someone else sees a chink in what I'm saying, please correct me!)

Suppose that among the infinite universes, there is in fact an infinite amount of universes among them! So every grain of sand on a beach is a universe. Now that doesn't mean that every universe is going to be able to have to right conditions to support life. It's not like there's a universe where you have three ears, and a tail (well you might).

So among those infinite possible universes, there is actually only a *finite* amount of universes that can support life. With me so far?

Now those finite amount of universes might be something like 200 to the 56th power or some crazy number, but sand is finite. There's only so many grains of sand right? It's just really beyond our ability to count every grain of sand.

(And I'm hearing my favorite saint, St. Augustine of Hippo in the background, scribbling with his pen...pick up "The Confession" and read the second part...but be warned, it's like climbing a ladder covered in lard on a hot day...if you're not used to 4th century philosophy...and I'm speaking from experience!)

Reduce that finite amount of unvierses to the next stage of finite amounts of universes that can sustain life of the kind we're familiar with. You might be able to cut that number down to 100 to the 23rd power, maybe more, maybe less, we really don't have any way to know! (Right now!)

Eventually you end up with a finite amount of universes where YOU can exist the way you know you. And that would be one, uno, 1. This one! :)

Now here's a doodleberry for everyone to think about.

How many possible universes can exist where NO other possible universes co-exist, given that we've already agreed in this model there are an infinite amount of universes?

And given that model, which universe would YOU want to live in? :o)

Tarot reading coming later today. I gotta go pray in my garden first. At least I think it's my garden. It might be an alternative garden..in which case....

Phil

Post by Phil »

Can we exist in a universe without time (and still be "ourselves")?
What is the purpose of your presence?
Hermit

Post by Hermit »

Phil:

That's called "heaven". :D
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

I just watched this short video (only 6 minutes long) and have to thank you for sharing this information. I love how it was pointed how when data comes in that contradicts the prevailing paradigm, it is almost always assumed that the data itself must be wrong. It's always amazed me how so much is taught in our schools about science theory, as though it is proven fact, when in fact it is just the best theory to date, and should always be tentative and ready to make way for new understandings, as our ability to find new ways at looking at our reality continues to provide new perspectives.
Exit-0 wrote:The members should be aware of yet another conclusion that completely contradicts Relativity - the Electric Universe Model.

In the science of Plasma Physics, the universe is said to be "continuous", thereby circumventing the need to describe any beginning; either with a Big Bang, or describing it as Infinite.

In a Plasma Physics Laboratory, experiments prove the continuous nature of the electrical process observed throughout the universe. (See: http://www.i-sis.org.uk/Continuous_Crea ... Plasma.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

In a universe driven by Realativity, astronmers see "red-shift" as defining a distance-away-from, wherein the Electric Model, red-shift is a product of plasma activity. (see here:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8shxpZJ30Q

To understand the universe as being a "continuous" electrical phenomenon, allows one to see the possibility of how it can be switched-on, or switched-off - just as in a plasma physics laboratory.

Which leads to the possibility of some sort of control mechanism outside of human perception. (hyperdimensional)
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....

Return to “Science (Spirituality)”