Dogs Of War

"Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer."
-Muhammad Ali
Fred Steeves

Dogs Of War

Post by Fred Steeves »

I first came across this several years ago late one weekend night. It was just one of those times to be alone in a dark room with my buddy Jimmy Beam, and reminisce with old songs I hadn't heard in a while. I picked this version of House of the Rising Sun randomly, but by the time it finished tears were flowing down my cheeks. Something about the old grainy black and white, the looks in those kids' eyes, what we were doing to those people, it brought it all crashing down on my soul.

"This is madness. What are we thinking, what are we doing, what are we being MADE to do!!??" Over time my rage and disgust at those who revel and profit from war has turned not to pity so much, but something along those lines. And this, from a guy not too many years previous to that night was ready to slap a "War Is The Answer" bumper sticker on his vehicle.

Yes people can and do change, but do the dogs of war? Well a perusal through history to present time would strongly suggest the answer is a resounding no. This is the way it is, always has been, and always will be. What to do then for those awakened to this madness? It seems mass protests in the streets has seen it's days come and go as mass mind control gains a stronger and stronger grip, making most of us think war is indeed, the answer. When you find yourself living in a society where Orwell's party line "war is peace / freedom is slavery / ignorance is strength" reigns supreme, there's really nowhere to turn is there?

I for one have come to the conclusion that the only place to turn is ever inward. I can't control any of the outer conflicts and instilled cognitive dissonance, but I can work on resolving my own. Who knows, maybe that's part of the whole point of this, finding one's self in the impossible situation where the only place to go is to uncover your own true being. Maybe that means more than it seems it would, maybe...

I dunno, what do you think? This post was meant to be a quicky on the video thread, but my fingers kept on making it into something more.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpWEv9Q0XQ4[/youtube]
The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates
Christine
Site Admin

Re: Dogs Of War

Post by Christine »

Fred Steeves wrote:Yes people can and do change, but do the dogs of war? Well a perusal through history to present time would strongly suggest the answer is a resounding no. This is the way it is, always has been, and always will be. What to do then for those awakened to this madness? It seems mass protests in the streets has seen it's days come and go as mass mind control gains a stronger and stronger grip, making most of us think war is indeed, the answer. When you find yourself living in a society where Orwell's party line "war is peace / freedom is slavery / ignorance is strength" reigns supreme, there's really nowhere to turn is there?

I for one have come to the conclusion that the only place to turn is ever inward. I can't control any of the outer conflicts and instilled cognitive dissonance, but I can work on resolving my own. Who knows, maybe that's part of the whole point of this, finding one's self in the impossible situation where the only place to go is to uncover your own true being. Maybe that means more than it seems it would, maybe...

I dunno, what do you think? This post was meant to be a quicky on the video thread, but my fingers kept on making it into something more.
Old dogs can learn new tricks... ?

Thank you for such an honest reflection of an inward process. I allowed some real tears escape last night feeling the undeniable horror of war. "This is the way it is, always has been, and always will be." To that all I can say is "perhaps". Somewhere deep within the recesses of my memory another reality surfaces where there was no concept of war or greed or envy. So perhaps it wasn't always or if it always was then we weren't always living in the reality of there.
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Blue Rising

Post by Blue Rising »

Hiya Fred,

I know you have said time and again, "it always was and always will be." We've talked a little about whether the world is changing, whether humanity is progressing toward a more humane state...a more enlightened state, a more evolved state.

Your statements remind me that my mom told me the same thing. I was recovering from JW disfellowshipping...years and years and years ago... and she and I were discussing whether the world was actually headed toward an Armageddon. I was no longer part of the religious family, but not yet free of the fear programming. I was terrified and excited that one day the world would be "cleansed" and there would be peace. Well, she was more removed from the programming than I. So when I asked her, "do you think there really will be an Armageddon?" She answered simply, "Nope."

I was flabbergasted. I asked her, "then what do you think will happen????" (I could not imagine any other eventuality.)

She said, "the world will keep on as it always has." I tell you, I sat in utter shock for the longest time. It took me years, but I did come to understand her answer and even agree with it.

Fast forward to now. If I had not been gifted some of the sights I have "seen," I do not know if I would have ever changed my mind.

I think the first thing to make a difference in my thinking was stumbling across some of the ancient prophecies of a Golden Age, different cultures calling it different things of course. But the stories were told, long ago. I wasn't convinced of anything, well maybe I was convinced that there were more possibilities than just one. Now a few years later, I get snippets of this and that. I "see" this and that, I have odd "journeys" about this and that.

I know better than to put any of these out on display, these odd unexplainable and unprovable experiences. I certainly would never try to change anyone's beliefs based on any of them either. But I still say, like I've said to you before, I think changes have already occurred, and we just have to catch up to them. I get discouraged when I run smack dab into hatred or stupidity or any number of powerful dark situations that have been around for thousands of years. But on the other hand, I also have never even heard of there being so many awakening humans either. Maybe the Angels I see are not new, or maybe they are. Maybe we have recently shifted, which send changes backward, and so they are newly ancient. LOL!

So, I'm not here to say you are wrong by any means. I hope, as you do, that the shift that I "see" becomes so bright and so unmistakable that no one can doubt any more. We would all have a reprieve from that which makes us weary.

Much Love,
Do not fashion me a maiden who needs saving from the dragons. I am the Dragon. And I will eat you whole.
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

Fred wrote:
"I for one have come to the conclusion that the only place to turn is ever inward. I can't control any of the outer conflicts and instilled cognitive dissonance, but I can work on resolving my own. Who knows, maybe that's part of the whole point of this, finding one's self in the impossible situation where the only place to go is to uncover your own true being. Maybe that means more than it seems it would, maybe..."

Yes dear brother, it is inward that we go for the external never seems real but rather just a patch for what is deep and scary. Seems we open that curtain at some point only to see the truth of ourselves, the truth of this existence and then we turn and run away only to find ourselves never quite getting away. We bury the vision the truth with all sorts of external soothers but those really don't work you know. "I have seen the eternal being, My existence, my essence and I have refused its truth." The path away, the nightmares to forget are fraught with Lies and pain, with anger and hate, with sorrow, with tears, with mangled dreams and yet we know that we can only turn inward to face that truth. It is the start to go back that is the locked door that must be broken.

Music has been and always will be a bridge. I don't know Jimmy beam or if I did I forgot him. I did know Mary Jane and she helped me to climb a cliff but once at the top it was a disappointment and the dream of standing at that open curtain and staring at the truth continues. The sonar sounds, the bullets and bombs. The screams and typewriter sounds, The explosions and secondary streaks of fire, the bits and pieces of human flesh. Those truths, those images cannot be forgotten somehow. So inward bound I,we, us go to perhaps walk through that curtain and the oblique wall on the other side. I think that is were we all must go to find ourselves that we saw once and forgot because it was to scary perhaps.

So standing on the deck and reflecting, this music made me cry, made me see just who I should be.

https://youtu.be/g8MYsii4DZY

Is this the place to talk about those things that hammer away at ones soul?
Steven
Fred Steeves

Post by Fred Steeves »

I see a rather simple way of squaring this circle. It's like we're the blind people all touching different parts of the elephant, thus none of what we are "seeing" is wrong, just describing different parts of the same thing.

I'm thinking of the bardo realms in Buddhism, where until one is able to see where they are and what they are experiencing in any particular bardo for what it really is, the experience will continue forever until this can be accomplished. So far as I understand it's similar to the purpose of the e-meter in Scientology, where one isn't considered "clear" until input no longer elicits a charge. Or jumping back to the Buddhism equivelent, one is enlightened when they finally learn to stop the grasping, and the repulsion of things.

Well it makes sense that we here in this particular realm are said to be in the Bardo Samsara, the realm of endless suffering and rebirth. The bardo will not bend to the will of the participant, it's up to the participant to learn the lessons of the bardo they find themselves in. The more one grasps at, or is repulsed by this reality, the longer they will suffer it. The more one desires to end rebirthing back into this reality, the more they are ensured of a speedy return.

If one has a knowing that what they are experiencing here is endless, then they are correct. If one has a knowing that they have experienced something different, like a golden age for instance, then they are also correct. Just that this distant vision or memory is of a different bardo.

Think of any great spiritual teacher in history. Do they ever speak of revolution, grand awakenings, golden ages, any of that? Any one I have ever looked at speaks only of self revolution/awakening, not worldwide revolution/awakening.

IMO, if you find yourself in a realm other than endless war and suffering, then you have mastered the Bardo Samsara and moved on.

Do I believe this is necessarily the case? Absolutely not, and I always reserve the right to disagree with myself at a moment's notice. But in the mean time I'll stick with "if you revolutionize you revolutionize your world", only not in the way most people take that to mean.

Anyway, what do you think? I'm all ears.

Socrates
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

Your post, Fred, makes me think of a tube torus. Because, it's like a dance of constant movement where I'm going inward, then I'm going outward, and then back inward again. It's like a balancing act, to me. I want to go hide and not even deal with the outside world sometimes. But then just as soon as I'm sure I want to pull back from engagement, I feel myself being pulled outward once again. Surrender is the word that next comes to mind. I surrender to my best self. I surrender to the Great Spirit from which all ushers forth. For whatever reason, we just can't quit, even if it seems that we are just wasting our breath and time. At least, that's how it feels to me.

And I have had many discussions through the years with my husband who actually managed to survive the Vietnam war, then later was recalled and went to Iraq too. He finally got out for good in 1996. But, see, once they give you all that highfalutin training they own you. I remember when we first got together in 2000 he was actually still a little worried they might just come looking for him still. He didn't want to go to Vietnam. He wanted to be a musician! And he had a good budding career going there. It turns out he also had a pretty strong will to survive.

I truly don't think beings with the potential for a much higher consciousness (which I think we had and lost actually) started out this way. For me, I already fell to the bottom. I actually have a pretty clear memory of another life on another planet. I wasn't even human. And there had just been a terrible battle, with bodies from both sides laying as far as the eye could see. And the planet actually got blown up.

From that point on, the me in that life vowed to never fight again. The glory had gone out of it. But my husband and I both have a very strong will to survive. So, would I fight to defend my loved ones? Absolutely! Just because I do not ever want to have to pick up the sword again, does not mean I will run away from those who wish to harm and hurt all life. And that's what we are facing. At the source of this energy is a being that has no problem with extermination. I know this for a fact, in my own being. And I will stand and fight that with my last breath if necessary. As will all of us who at our core love the principles of honor, courage, and integrity.

I just do not want to fight someone else's made up battles anymore, for all the wrong reasons. And that is the difference. My husband now fully realizes that what he thought he was fighting for at the time was a lie. He also realized that, after all, our governments really have no honor. If they ever had it, they lost it a long time ago. He did honestly believe at the time he was fighting to "keep America free". But he saw over and over again how it's just a game to them, and all who fight in these made up wars are considered expendable. He saw how promises were made and broken. There are no winners, except those who make so much profit from this death cult.

So, many of us will not physically stand up until it's on our door step. But that doesn't mean we can't keep shooting our mouths off, pointing out all the elephants in the room. And, in the end, I know most of us do because we just can't stop caring about life. And that is not a bad thing. And, once again, I wrote far more than I thought I would.
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

So falling down that long narrow, or is it a very wide hole? We all may be moving to the very same place that connects all cells back to one. There are times or instances that I am still and can see clearly the very existence of all life. I can feel the rotation as if lying on ball that has been thrown through the air and spinning around and around. I have seen the heavens up close and touched the force of life. I have seen the opposite and its death or darkness.

I even see that life is all even if its black and dark. All of these things are just a part of life but in different impressions, observations, perceptions and then is this not just a freedom of choice for each and everyone? (I see life this way, I don't want to participate in this sickness, I want, I want, I want. WAIT, I need, I need, I need.) Is this real? STOP!! look around, is my perception skewered? are my beliefs nothing more than images, frequencies from others around me? There is so much to think about and I can do anything or so I have been told.

Yes Spiritwind, you and your Husband are fighters, survivors and it is you and he that continue in the spirit and the corporeal to move toward that gateway that we all are heading for. There are those that grasp the light and the dark parts and move like shooting stars toward that end, always learning something new. always gathering the essence of life in abundance as ones floats the living waters.

We all have stood at the edge and wondered what it is like on the other side. Oh just to jump into that. The other life, the other world of not even being a human, What was that like other than a continuous destruction? Life is always, is forever, is everywhere.

You see, I did stand at that edge and I have seen but yet here I am still lost in this realm as it seems. I may be knowing, I may be not knowing. and as you say Fred, Squaring the Circle because we all are blind but we all are touching the same object, the same oneness of life. Our perceptions may be different in thought but yet they all come to describe the same oneness. Could I say that there are trillions upon trillions of different perceptions yet they all do fit within that event horizon of the black hole. squeezing into a never ending stretch to infinity? Does it all fit into this one word LOVE?

So then, for those of us that do run away frightened because we do not want to see, reality, truth, and those are concepts of our perceptions are they not?, will only reach out to the falsity of external measures to bury the true self. This is drugs, alcohol, sex, food, tv, sports gambling. you name it, if it is an addiction of one sort or another it is a means of burial. A means to not feel, to not see. None of these things will ever stop the knowing the seeing of that edge and so we come to the end just as numb as when the first exposure opened the door and we turn and run away only to come back to experience it again until we learn that it may be or is the center of the universe we actually come from and all we have to do is except. Perhaps there is an infinity of this particular doorways that we will always go through and we get stuck at one place until we learn to just step through.

Okay, My existentialist mind is overworking here so am I nuts or just experiencing?

Thank you Fred for the Thread, It is refreshing to talk and by doing so it can open so many doors, So revolutionize your world.
Ha here is something. When I play my guitar, there is a vibration within my soul and I watch the plants in this office become alive in front of my eyes.
Yes Not in the way most would take that to mean.

Steven In Love and health
Fred Steeves

Post by Fred Steeves »

Interesting Laurie, in that I also have memory of that ancient war, and my hand in it. For me, it's the only thing I can think of akin to what to what Steven describes as things we are afraid to look at, or run away from.

I never just sit down and start thinking about it, it always surfaces from a catalyst of something happening, or something someone says as is the case here. I can say about it that (from my interpretation) same as wars today, there were no good guys and no bad guys, only competing interests spiraling out of control.

I don't exactly run away from it, and I'm not afraid to look at it and take responsibility, but it's still too much of a not completely healed would to take out the magnifying glass. Who else has this memory?

Socrates

Return to “General discussions”