Subtle Energy Healing

“The wound is the place where the Light enters you.”
― Rumi
Anders

Re: Subtle Energy Healing

Post by Anders »

To be fair, there are some mainstream studies about mind and health. The mind can be seen as patterns of subtle energy, so the research is related to subtle energy healing. Here are some quotes from scientific articles:

"... there is evidence of enhancements in both psychological and physical aspects of well-being, and accompanying improvements in systemic inflammation, following mindfulness training. The scientific investigation of mindfulness training is still relatively nascent, with only a limited number of studies, particularly randomized controlled trials utilizing active comparison conditions." -- https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10 ... 00011/full" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Understanding the malleable determinants of cellular aging is critical to understanding human longevity. Telomeres may provide a pathway for exploring this question. ... Given the pattern of associations revealed so far, we propose that some forms of meditation may have salutary effects on telomere length by reducing cognitive stress" -- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19735238" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"The scientific study of mindfulness has skyrocketed. ... the molecular mechanisms of mindfulness and changes induced by mindfulness-based interventions is at its infancy. Recent studies have reported that MBSR training results in a smaller post-stress inflammatory response (Rosenkranz et al, 2013), which includes interleukin-6. MBSR also increased telomerase activity and those individuals with the greatest increase also reported the greatest reductions in chronic stress, anxiety, dietary restraint, dietary fat intake, cortisol, and glucose (Daubenmier et al, 2012). These findings suggest that mindfulness interventions affect both inflammatory and epigenetic mechanisms, which are important for mood and stress-related disorders, respectively." -- https://www.nature.com/articles/npp2015239" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"In a landmark study, Harvard-based neuroscientist, Sara Lazar, used brain-imaging techniques to examine neurobiological effects associated with mindfulness training. .. Participants who completed the mindfulness program showed a thickening of gray matter in four distinct areas of the brain involved in learning, cognition, memory, emotional regulation, perspective taking, empathy, and compassion. Furthermore, this group of participants experienced a reduction in gray matter in the fight or flight part of the brain that controls anxiety, fear, and stress." -- https://blogs.psychcentral.com/success- ... e-success/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Anders

Post by Anders »

Another reason for focusing on aging reversal is that it allows consciousness to flow into the subtle energy of the body. Consciousness is a wholeness and with ordinary mindfulness, even with inner body awareness practice, it's only the ordinary matter and energy we feel. Subtle energy goes much deeper than being merely the surface level of physical matter and energy.

Biological aging is a process of deterioration and fragmentation, which is the opposite of wholeness. Our belief in inevitable aging therefore prevents consciousness from flowing into the subtle energy of the body. Altering that belief enables mindfulness practice to reach into the subtle energy inside and around the body.
maggie

Post by maggie »

Thanks Anders for this thread because understanding how we may knit the connections regarding "subtle energy" into a picture of ever renewing expressed phyical health to USE is MY favorite subject. I think that we each have friends and family who buy in to the collective understanding of waning energy and body. The expectation is USUALLY that the body ages, we lose energy and grow old and then die (unless dying young).

Unfortunately, it has now been shown statistically that the concept of retirement is quite deadly. Unless people have a self generated reason for living and expanding life long interests, the end of a career is not usually beneficial. It seems IMO to be the case that unless we have a meaningful reason for our being, and the impetus for growing and strectching, life loses zest. Lost zest leads to losing health IMO.

My grandmother always used to say that looking in the mirror surprised her... that she looked old but did not feel any different inside. I was so curious as a child that IF we don't feel we are older, whay are we aging? And IF some people live very long and well, why not all? And observing my own friends, many have now died already in their 40's and 50's and what is it that makes some live and some die? I don't pretend to have anything definitive but I have my own hypothesses regarding SUBTLE energy and gross body expression. I also don't pretend to have answers but consider the question paramount for me.

A personal NUMBER 1 axiom... we don't FEEL inside that we are getting old even while the body seems to age and while illness appears. I have asked hundreds of people in my nursing career if they feel older. Here is my question..." Today, despite the reasons you are here in the (hospital, clinic) do you feel that you are are significantly older than in earlier days and years? They might say they feel more in pain, feel more tired(almost 100%) but no one ever said thay felt inside they are older.

What this means to me is that we have a sense of self and this is not a "time bound" sense. What I suspect is that when we each start taking responsibility for the PREFACE TO PHYSICALITY where the mind focuses information and learn the FEELING of the flow of subtle energy, we can start a new personal organic technology mastery. There is lots of evidence IMO that all artifice mimics the organic and I believe this is part of a larger evolutionary teleology. The organic mastery takes inner work IMO and inner standing (as opposed to collective external outer standing). IMO we are in a transition now to a huge leap of human expression which is NOT in the AI clouds. IMO many are grokking a BASIC truth... that WE are the beings whom we heard about in fairy tales.

One factor that is definitely DIFFERENT now is the sheer number of people who are part of the the swell of the baby boom. That means many many people are hit with the realization that this experience of aging is weirdly disconnected from our inner sense. That means more attention will be given to being youthful because we have the sense of an over arching unaging we can tap in and express.

It does not seems a frightening state to me that so many are now misguided to spend all focus on artifice. Those who pass through this stage may then grok the real?
Anders

Post by Anders »

maggie wrote: Unfortunately, it has now been shown statistically that the concept of retirement is quite deadly.
This will change within a few years or decades. Services and material products will become cheaper and cheaper because of technological progress. There will also be, many experts claim, more and more job loss due to automation. Further on in the future even the use of and the need for money can come to be removed or at least become optional.

So retirement will from a historical perspective relatively soon become a thing of the past. The near future might become a bumpy ride though. Concerns in the near future will many believe be about how to deal with an increase of job loss, such as the need for introducing a universal basic income.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swB7Ivct8d8[/youtube]

Money is like a rigid and clunky form of energy. My current guess is that money robs us of subtle energy instead of adding subtle energy to us. And I read or heard somewhere that billionaires have a shorter average lifespan than the rest of the population. So money is causing us to age instead of improving our health. It's true that statistics show that too much poverty is bad for health but beyond a certain limit more money is unable to improve our health further.

One illustration of how money is detrimental for our health is to think of a billionaire. He or she becomes like a blood clot in society, in the flow of currency, if the money is hoarded and just sits locked up in bank accounts or in investments. And if the billionaire tries to spend a lot of money through donations and charities, then that will likely have a detrimental effect on society as a whole because it's really tricky to know what to spend money on. For example donating millions of dollars to cancer research might on the surface look like a good idea but in reality could result in just fueling the pharma industry to cause and promote more cancer in people to expand the profit and growth of big corporations and academia.
maggie

Post by maggie »

In the example of a billionaire who donates millions to medical research, that donation fuels the insitution dedicated to the process of research and not to the elimination of the need for research. This is the "subtle energy level" intention that will become self perpetuating IMO. The intention does IMO determine the trajectory of the physical manifestation.

I don't perceive money per se as anything but a neutral symbol for energy exchange. I DO think that the "subtle energy" intention we have FOR money does color it FOR us. So for instance, having a billion dollars locked down in hoarding does become a clot I agree. But I think we can use money without it being anything but a convenience.

I think that I have been shifting my relationship to wealth and health. The more I am celebrating that I love my new profession and that I love sharing divine energy flowing through me, the better I feel. I asked for a way to participate in giving and receiving in a way that did not violate my values. Also, the more generally "in the flow" of my life I feel, the more everything seems opening.

I know I can choose my beliefs and I believe I can be a conduit for health, wealth and happiness personally. My intention with touching people in massage is to be a channel of healing energy that asks only that I allow it to flow. I feel it more and more as TRUE. It is reflected back "objectively" as I see my clients smiling and they say things like "You have good hands". But I am remebering more and more often that I create this experience. That is freedom in my opinion.

In contrast I have a colleague who sees massage as a treatment of "problems". She talks a lot about how hard she works to alieviate the clients issues. She has so many physical isses too. She asked me the other day how I was able to do several massgages in a row without pain. I told her that I know my body feels great because healing energy is available to me too. This caused my colleague to turn away really quickly. IMO she does not really BELIEVE this for herself though she thinks she "should agree" with the words. IMO this is is how I have been in the past.

This is an example of what I think is the old lingering deep expectation that we are primarily bodies and we are limited. To "come from" the idea we are giving form to energy is the new paradigm to deeply FEEL. When one knows that energy is inexhaustible and only we limit the reception and DETERMINE the format by beliefs, everything changes.

IMO we only see how this works through changing the filters we OURSELVES agree to place on the ocean of SUBTLE energy. It takes consistent effort to even begin to see any difference as we clear our old beliefs. It is so easy to fall into the same old habitual filtering especially when overwhelmed by stress. It seems hard to change because it takes so much patience and focus. It helps when we have someone we know show us how it works through example. That IMO is what real teachers can do for us... give us their example in real time.

The old paradigm of our purpose is about consumption as if there is a world in front of us that has resources we use. The resources are limited so we must compete and that is the pyramidal idea. It was spiritual consumerism too because even the GURU's needed to be supported by their chelas. Maybe they were not real GURUs. A real GURU would ot need anyone IMO. The expectation was that as a chela, one would be devoted to the guru and be shown marvels through the guru, therefore seekers had that consumer filter in place.

Consumers must pay for their stuff... right? if not paid our consumption is stealing or perhaps charity given? If the goal is getting maybe the ends justify all kinds of means?

IMO it is a sea change that we are riding towards a whole different perception of our state of being the giver and source and we don't need the old agreements. IMO we must actually intend new agreements FIRST to see them as everything is first the idea and the intention.

IMO we have been expected to agree to be workers as long as "work" is deemed necessary to pay for our bread and roof. The work may have tiers of "value" and renumeration but it's not "play". We have been expected to necessessarily save to old age as we will be infirm and must pay for the doctor as we agree we WILL become ill. Now "health care" is a very lucrative industry but its not health. We have been consumers of art and culture and "beauty and entertainmant" products that feed our perceived needs but its not satisfaction. We may have money but we are servicing it's creation as debt so we never have true wealth.

It is now possible to live in the new paradigm even though the old looks very real. The truth is its all illusion so why not have the one we would prefer IMO?

IMO this illusion is all about exhausting the extremes so we will learn something. TYhis illumination is so valuable and once realized, we will never forget it. WE are the source of all expression. As long as we don't know that we are the creators, we will think we are enslaved by the thought forms created and learned in the material realm. IMO that is the end lesson of the of the human mind matrix.

This is a good story IMO.
Off Topic
Pema Tense was nine years old in 1939 when he became a monk at the Drepung Monastery, near Lhasa in Tibet.Neither his vocation nor his age was unusual.At that time one (male) Tibetan in four took to the religious life, and most of them began training when they were only children.

Pema learned to read the Buddhist scriptures, memorizing long passages by heart.His teachers discovered a musical talent, so he was trained in the curious deep-throated overtone chanting that can ruin the vocal cords if indulged in for too long.He ate a frugal, satisfying diet, vegetarian more by necessity than choice - most monks would eat meat when they could get it. He drank copious quantities of cool, oily, salted tea: cool because water boils at low temperatures in the high altitudes of Tibet, oily because Tibetans add butter, creating a high energy concoction that helps them withstand the weather, salted because they like the taste.

The outbreak of World War II did not impinge on Pema Tense.Since the Anglo-Tibetan Convention imposed by force of arms in 1904, Tibet had been an isolated country.The number of resident foreigners could be counted on fingers of one hand and even transient visitors were few and far between.Only Nazi Germany sent small parties into the country at regular intervals between 1937 and 1945, and even they had no military agenda - they were in search of occult knowledge that could aid the Third Reich.

Pema, too, was in search of occult knowledge.A great many Tibetans entered the monasteries because it was the accepted thing to do.The life, while hard, was often less hard than the life outside.Monks - called lamas in Tibet - were respected and enjoyed unprecedented security.(At least until the Chinese invasion of 1950.)But Pema had other motivations.From earliest childhood he had shown a profound interest in spiritual and religious matters.His family privately considered him the reincarnation of a high lama.Pema himself made no such claims, perhaps wisely, but he certainly aspired toward esoteric wisdom.

He found little enough of it in Drepung.The great monastery was a sprawling structure very similar to a medieval town with a population running into tens of thousands.There was much ceremonial and religious observance, but as Pema grew older he began to suspect that observance was all there was - actual understanding seemed to be lacking.He consulted his supervisors, who were in no way dismayed by his questions.One of them suggested he needed a personal guru.

The guru-chela relationship is a very ancient convention in the Orient.The chela (pupil) binds himself utterly to the guru (teacher), often acting as an unpaid servant in return for teaching.Pema was quite prepared to do anything needed of him, but where to find the guru?

There is a belief in the Western Esoteric Tradition that when the pupil is ready, the teacher will appear.This belief is shared in the East.Pema, by then a teenager, curbed his natural impatience and set to wait.While he did, he continued the monastic disciplines of Drepung.The repetitive practice was something that was to stand him in good stead.

The most elevated and revered spiritual teachers in Tibet are known as Rinpoche, a title that means "Precious One". Usually the title is appended to the individual's given name, as in Lungdep Rinpoche or Chanden Rinpoche.But when word reached Pema of a particularly holy guru, his name was given as Kang Rinpoche, perhaps best rendered as "Jewel of the Snows", and not so much a name and a title as a title in its own right.The Kang Rinpoche, sometimes known as Kailash ("The Crystal") is the sacred mountain, navel of the earth.In Tibetan, Hindu, and Jain myth, this mountain is believed to be located partly in a metaphysical dimension and partly in the remote fastness of the Himalayas somewhere between China and India.It appeared that the guru was named for the mythic mountain.

When Pema sought hi out, he quickly discovered why, Kang Rinpoche lived at a distance that would have been a day's walk from the monastery, but higher up in the mountains in such an inaccessible little hut that it took Pema two full days to reach him.When he did, Kang Rinpoche refused to take him as a chela.

This sort of rejection would have been shattering for a Westerner (especially after the hard climb), but for Pema it was more or less expected.Gurus tend to play hard to get; and good gurus hardest of all.Pema settled down to wait.Fortunately he had anticipated the development and brought some rations with himAfter a week, Kang Rinpoche relented.

Thus a cold and, by then, very hungry Pema began his training.Prior to the Chinese invasion, Tibet's esoteric tradition was a unique blend of shamanism and Buddhism that greatly encouraged the practice of meditation and the personal examination of psychic contents.With centuries of practice behind it, the tradition was obviously the repository of much spiritual wisdom.But it also embodied a rich store of information about the nature and structure of the human mind, more so perhaps than the scientifically oriented psychology schools of the West.This was something Pema was destined to discover for himself.

Although now prepared to permit his new chela into the hut - and even share a little food - the reluctant guru explained to Pema that the most valuable lessons were learned not from fallible mortals, but from the gods.To that end, he advised Pema to familiarize himself with a mystic creature called a Yidam, one of the country's most powerful tutelary deities.As a start, he suggested that the young man spend several months reading about the Yidam in sacred scriptures and studying its many representations.

So Pema found himself back where he started, among his old friends at Drepung Monastery, engaged on a boring study program that held none of the attraction and glamor of his esoteric ambitions.All the same, he stuck at it.

One of the first things he found was that the Yidam had a fearful, almost demonic aspect - something not uncommon in Tibetan deities.It also had a fearsome reputation. Evocation of a Yidam was looked on as extraordinarily dangerous.Many scriptures warned against it.

Nonetheless, when Pema returned to the hut of Kang Rinpoche, this was precisely what his guru instructed him to do.As preparation he showed the by how to construct a kylkhor.

In Western esoteric practice, spirit evocation to visible appearance involves the use of a "circle of art", usually protected by divine names, in which the magician stands.The spirit form (hopefully) appears in a triangle, similarly fortified, drawn outside the circle.In Tibet, by contrast, the spirit is evoked inside the circle while the magician stays outside, but the principle is much the same:it's the circle that protects the magician.In the West, the magic circle can be drawn or painted, or sometimes set out using tape or rope.The Tibetan circle, the kylkhor, is a more elaborate affair, made sometimes from colored chalks, but more often from colored sands.

The technique of building a kylkhor is fascinating.The magician is equipped with several pots of multicolored fine, dry sands, a metal funnel open at both ends, and a short stick.When the funnel is filled with sand from a pot, rubbing it rhythmically with the stick produces a controlled trickle of sand from the narrow end, which can be used to draw shapes.With practice, lines no wider than a single grain of sand can be produced.The rubbing motion also produces a sound, the pitch and rhythm of which is trance-reducing.As the magician concentrates on producing the elaborate designs involved in the kylkhor, he sinks into a trance state that enables his intent to fortify the circle.

Although easy enough to describe, the correct construction of a kylkhor is a skilled operation, and it took Pema Tense several months to learn the procedure properly.But eventually his guru was satisfied.Pema was instructed to tramp off into the Tibetan wilderness in search of a high altitude cave "suited to the Yidam's manifestation".

What sort of cave is suited to the manifestation of a deity?First, it had to be large enough for Pema to draw a full-size kylkhor on the floor, with room left over for him to watch the manifestation in comfort.Next, it had to be remote so there was no chance of casual passersby disturbing the operation.Finally, it was required to have an ambiance suited to a deity, which means it had to be dimly-lit, but not gloomy, with pleasing proportions and a high ceiling - a fitting place, in other words, for a god to find himself.The instruction that the cavern should be at a high altitude was particularly interesting.The entire Tibetan plateau has an average elevation of fifteen thousand feet.In the higher, mountainous regions, the oxygen content of the air is so low that Westerners can hardly survive and even native Tibetans find exertion difficult.Such an environment, Western scientists insist, is conducive to hallucinatory experience.The Tibetans take a different view:They believe it facilitates psychical ability.

Pema got lucky.He found his cavern inside three days - something his guru took as a sign that the Yidam liked him.Kang Rinpoche inspected the cave - making the climb without difficulty, despite his age - and pronounced it suitable.He supplied Pema with minimal rations, and told him to make his home in the cavern and draw a kylkhor on the floor as he had been instructed.He was then to embark on a routine of daily meditation during which he was to visualize the Yidam within the kylkhor.

As a guide to his visualization, Pema had his memories of the various pictures of the Yidam he had studied at Drepung.Kang Rinpoche instructed him to make his visualization fully detailed, so he could "see" individual items of the Yidam's clothing right down to the individual colors of the symbols it displayed.Then came the bad news: he was to remain in the cave engaging in this routine throughout the daylight hours without a break until he was able to see the Yidam as if he were physically present.

Here was another of those intriguing parallels with Western esoteric training.Magicians following the Qabalistic tradition are often urged to practice their visualization skills until the visualized element appears objectively real to them. They are not normally required to visualize a deity or spirit, however, but rather some small practice object like a rose or a geometrical symbol drawn on a piece of paper.Indeed, most beginners are specifically instructed not to visualize an entity or a living person, since this might lead to unwelcome complications. Besides, as anyone who has tried the technique can attest, even visualizing a simple flower as if it were physically real can take weeks, months, or sometimes even years of hard, mind-numbing practice.

Pema did not find it easy, either.Although a diligent chela with nothing else to do, he discovered his food was running out before he achieved his objective.He began to ration himself to a single, frugal meal a day, a difficult and dangerous practice in the freezing cold of his cavern.Even then, it seemed as if he must soon be torn between the risk of starvation and his vow to obey his guru in all things, including the details of the present operation.But before the situation became completely critical, he awoke one morning to find some food had been left near the mouth of the cave.He assumed it came from Kang Rinpoche.Thereafter, small portions of food were left at irregular intervals.Most of the time Pema was hungry, but he never actually starved.

It took him several months in that lonely, freezing cavern, but the day came when, for just the briefest moment, Pema thought he actually saw the towering figure of the Yidam flicker inside the kylkhor.Days later it happened again.The creature was there for no more than an instant each time, but in the coming week, it happened more and more often.Pema redoubled his efforts and eventually the Yidam came and stayed for several seconds, then half a minute, then a minute.At first it was hazy, like smoke, but gradually more and more details emerged.As they did, Pema became frightened, for, true to the scriptural descriptions, the Yidam was a fearsome-looking creature.But frightened or not, he never once wavered, continuing his visualizations and trusting that the kylkhor would restraining anything that manifested.The day arrived when the Yidam squatted in the kylkhor, glaring out at him with glowing eyes, as real as a monastic statue or a mountain bear.Pema decided his task had been achieved.He at the last of his food, then started down the mountain to report to Kang Rinpoche.

His guru was delighted.He told Pema very few pupils reached the stage of calling the Yidam to visible appearance.But at the same time, the job was far from finished.Being able to see the Yidam was a great thing, but a teaching deity was useless if you couldn't hear what it wished to say to you.Consequently, Pema was instructed to return to his cave, continue with his visualizations, but now concentrate on the task of hearing the Yidam's voice.Kang Rinpoche told him he should not cease his efforts until the Yidam spoke to him.

This proved even more difficult than calling the deity to visible appearance.After weeks of effort, Pema found he could imagine the Yidam's voice quite vividly and sometimes it "said" things inside his head apparently of its own accord, but Kang Rinpoche anticipated such a development and warned that it was not enough.The voice of the Yidam had to be heard objectively, just as its form was seen objectively.

Two more months went by before it happened.Pema awoke one morning from a deep exhausted sleep to find the Yidam already present within the kylkhor.As he prepared himself for his early meditations, the creature, quite distinctly, spoke his name.

Although overjoyed by the development, Pema knew instinctively it would not be enough and waited several more weeks before reporting back to his guru. By that stage the Yidam spoke to him regularly and even gave him what seemed like excellent advice on his spiritual development.Once again, Pema started down the mountain.

As before, Kang Rinpoche was pleased with his pupil.But again he warned that the task was not yet over.Pema had to seek the blessing of the Yidam.He had to persuade it to come to the edge of the circle and lay hands upon his head.Most important, he had to feel the Yidam's hands.In other words, he had to work to give the creature solidity.

This proved the most difficult aspect of the entire operation.It took Pema six months of intensive effort before he was successful in solidifying the deity to such an extent that he could feel its touch.But when he reached this stage, something quite extraordinary happened.When the Yidam laid its hands upon his head in blessing, a flow of energy entered Pema's spine and he felt as if his body lit up from within like a lamp.For the moment and for many hours afterward, he felt strong, energized, invulnerable.He knew he was at last making real progress without need of reassurance from his guru.

Nonetheless, he did return to his guru to report the news.Kang Rinpoche must have senses something of importance had occurred, for he left his hut to meet the boy.When Pema told him what had transpired, Kang smiled delightedly and replied that the boy's task was almost over.He had to do only one more thing, and that was to persuade the Yidam to leave the magic circle of the kylkhor.When it did so, if all went well, it would take its place behind Pema's left shoulder and walk him him all the days of his life.

So Pema climbed back to his cave to complete this astounding operation of esoteric practice.The Yidam appeared on his mental command, solid, vocal, powerful.Although fearsome in appearance, it was now familiar and Pema was no longer afraid of it.His guru had made it clear that the fact the deity had deigned to manifest to the degree it had was an indication that it favored him and would do him no harm.This was the reason he could safely require it to leave the circle.

For once, something went easily - or at least comparatively easily.Although the creature was reluctant at first, it took Pema only three days to persuade it to step outside the circle.Sure enough, it took up a position behind his left shoulder exactly as the guru had predicted.Overjoyed, Pema went back down the mountain at once.The towering figure of the Yidam lumbered after him.

Kang Rinpoche met them both on the rocky apron that fronted his little hut.He did not have to wait for Pema's report - it was obvious the boy had succeeded."You are released from your vows to me", he said gravely."Go on your way. You have now equipped yourself with a teacher far more powerful than I could ever be."

So Pema thanked his old master and left, with the Yidam at his shoulder.For the next few weeks, he wandered the Tibetan wilderness, talking with the deity and receiving the wisdom of its words. But then. for no good reason, doubt began to set in.Although the Yidam knew many things Pema did not and could do many things Pema could not do, Pema was still haunted by the idea that he had somehow constructed the entity rather than calling it up.Eventually the doubts became so strong that he returned to Kang Rinpoche.

Kang Rinpoche was furious.He ordered Pema to return to his mountain cavern and embark on a rigorous routine of meditation until he had routed out the blasphemous doubts.He was appalled that the young man should be so disrespectful of the deity that had consented not only to manifest, but to talk to him and help him.

Pema did as he was ordered, but although he meditated on the problem daily for several weeks, he could not resolve his doubts.If anything, they grew stronger.Eventually he decided his only course as to apologize and throw himself on the mercy of his guru.This he did.Returning down the mountain he actually knelt before Kang to confess that he still could not shake the feeling the Yidam was somehow unreal.

"But can you not see it?" asked Kang.

Pema nodded miserably. "Yes, Master."

"Can you not hear it?"

"Yes, Master."

"Do you not feel its hands upon your head and sense the power of its blessing?"

"Yes, Master."

"Is it not as solid and real and present as the Himalayas themselves?" demanded Kang.

"It is, Master, and yet I am convinced it is no more than the creation of my mind."

Kang Rinpoche smiled unexpectedly."You have learned your lesson well, Pema", he said.

Pema suddenly knew what Kang Rinpoche was trying to teach him.The whole experience was actually a test of the pupil.If he succeeded in creating a Yidam that would walk and talk with him, his guru would tell him his studies were ended since he now had the wisest and most powerful teacher possible.The pupil who accepted this was deemed a failure - and set off to spend the rest of his life in an uncomfortable hallucination.The pupil who expressed doubts had learned the lesson that even the most powerful deities were no more than creations of the human mind.

But Pema went further.No sooner had he understood Kang's words than he was struck by the realization that the world around him, the world he had always believed so real, was no more than a thought form, a walking dream manufactured inside his own head and projected outward, exactly as he had done with the Yidam.

In this way, Pema achieved enlightenment.
Anders

Post by Anders »

maggie wrote: I don't perceive money per se as anything but a neutral symbol for energy exchange. I DO think that the "subtle energy" intention we have FOR money does color it FOR us.
Good point. Yes, I think you are correct. And I forgot to mention that money still is and has been a useful and necessary tool for organizing society. When money robs us of subtle energy then it is our own intents that allow the robbery to take place. Changing our mental patterns about money will stop the subtle energy drainage. A really big change is needed for that to happen. For basically all people concerns about money go very deep into the subconscious.

Nowadays I'm often able to catch my own thoughts and feelings about personal financial issues. I can feel the energy drainage! My theory is that money represents our duality world which lacks true wholeness. And money acts as a surrogate wholeness for society. It's like a big power pyramid and us ordinary people at the bottom fuel the whole pyramid with our subtle energy.

Bringing wholeness to our lives will activate an ongoing flow and supply of personal subtle energy and automatically solve the money issues. So, then, how to achieve true wholeness? I recently got a new idea about that. Consciousness is already a true wholeness but it is usually limited to our heads. And when trying to become conscious of the heart then there is an empty feeling inside the chest area instead of a feeling of warmth and aliveness. Some people have suggested that we need to learn how to move our consciousness into the heart or into the guts.

My new idea is that being able to move around one's consciousness like that is still an incomplete wholeness. What is needed to to have consciousness still located in the head AND to have it expanded into the heart AND into the guts and so on. Consciousness needs to flow in and between all the cells of the body. Then there is true wholeness, at least on the level of the personal body and mind.
Anders

Post by Anders »

People often think of money as something powerful and solid that they can trust. In truth money is very brittle and vulnerable. That indicates that money lacks subtle energy and that its ability to hold society together is an artificial construct and overlay on top of the natural laws.

How is money vulnerable? Say for example that 90% of the population suddenly stops using money. Then the whole society stops! Money has then basically no power whatsoever. The strength of money comes from the chance of such scenario happening being very low or zero. In theory however that strength can disappear basically immediately depending on our personal choices.

In practice money will remain having power for many years until we have the choice between commercial and free open source products and services that Ray Kurzweil has talked about. Only some kind of crazy mass psychosis would be able to make 90% of the population stop using money today. Still, the example shows how money lacks subtle energy and therefore has an intrinsic tendency of destroying health when we are psychologically too dependent on money.
Anders

Post by Anders »

If depending psychologically too much on money is bad for our health, then what should we depend on? I have a provocative suggestion. Should we like some New Agers wait for ascension into the fifth dimension? No. Should we like some fundamental Christians wait for the Rapture into heaven? No. Should we like some geeks wait for the technological singularity and have our consciousness uploaded to a computer cloud? No. Should we like average Joes and soccer moms wait for being cremated or put into a casket and be buried? No.

Then what to do? My suggestion is that we should visualize ourselves 1,000 years from now having young and healthy physical bodies. You may think: WTF? That's crazy. My answer to that is that even mainstream experts are starting to talk about how living that long will soon become possible. So even from a pure materialistic perspective the idea is not so crazy as it might first appear. And if my hypothesis about subtle energy is correct, this change of belief will activate the subtle energy in our bodies and start improving our health.
Anders

Post by Anders »

I got inspired to write about subtle energy in relation to what Maggie wrote in another thread that there is an attempt to control things because there is a belief that something is wrong. My view is that subtle energy has been suppressed on earth not because of some punishment, mistake, accident or an act of evil. The idea is that humanity on earth is a very young civilization, and we go through a natural development like many other planets in the universe.

Our world needed to "fall", meaning humans becoming disconnected from Source in order for us to grow and develop on our own. And what we see now in the alternative community is our attempts of growing out of our separated state. Subtle energy has been known about for thousands of years yet the knowledge has remained esoteric and still today is unknown in the mainstream of society.

We are as a civilization like a little baby attempting to start walking. And just like a baby we will try all kinds of things. The difference is that we are adults and have a broader range of informed choices to choose from. The tricky part is as Maggie wrote that we don't know the truth yet. And that is evident by the many different views and ideas in the alternative community together with mainstream science and academia still focusing on a limited reductionistic perspective.

My own approach is to take in all kinds of information and connect what could be the common truth among all the different ideas and claims. And then often boil it down to something as simple as possible. That's often the only way I feel I can make something like for example subtle energy fit most other historical, spiritual and scientific descriptions of subtle energy.
Anders

Post by Anders »

Another thing in Maggie's post that resonates with me is what Tobias Lars said from about 9 minutes in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zONJsMN80yw&t=9m30s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The body shuts down pain and a smaller consciousness feels less. Exactly.

And that means that the wholeness aspect is important. Imagine increasing consciousness into the subtle energy in an imbalanced way. That will produce huge amounts of pain and suffering. So yeah, it's probably good to be a bit cautious about expanding consciousness, including about the subtle energy healing techniques.

I have for some time suspected that this numbing out of the pain is actually what is causing biological aging in the body. And what Tobias Lars said was a confirmation to me that this kind of numbing out is happening even in people who are on a spiritual path.

Return to “Healing”