Story of fiction and fantasy and science fiction

''Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.''
-Bruce Lee
LostNFound

Re: Story of fiction and fantasy and science fiction

Post by LostNFound »

On the beach, Jeanette had been telling Hattie about her youth and how she and Reager had found each other and how they had adopted Nathan. Jeanette had told Hattie how she had been able to read minds since she had turned 3 years old. She was also able to do other things but she had to keep it all secret because in those times she would have been called a witch by most people and dragged away by the military to be studied and used as a weapon. Hattie understood because she and Jeanette were almost the same age and had grown up in the same world as it was becoming increasingly sicker with humanities downward spiral towards annihilation. They both had been born in the 1980”s of the previous century and it seemed that the world was always in perpetual war. The police and military states were on the rise in most countries and it was a dark period to grow up in. It never seemed to get better but rather spiral into the pit deeper.

Hattie had brought a large thermos of hot coffee and there was also a thermos with hot water for tea. They had packed some pots and pans to place on the fire after that got started so they could cook their dinner later. Hanna and the children had gone out into the water about an hour earlier and it was now getting toward the late afternoon. The sun was low in the west and Hattie was thinking about getting the fire started. Jeanette looked out into the water and saw the children swimming back toward them. She could see that Megan and Devlin were with them but didn’t see Hanna. “Well here come the children, I suppose we ought to get the fire pit set up.” “Well I left the larger basket of foods in the back of the truck so would you like to help me set up some tables?” Jeanette stood up and said “why of course Hattie.” Both women stood and walked toward the truck as the four children reached the bottom where they could stand and started to wade up to the beach.

It had become dusk and the light was fading rapidly when Hanna finally waded ashore. She looked refreshed and walked to the fire and stood while she dried off. Megan had been talking with Galia about the diary and how Hanna had talked about how she and Devlin had become ocean dwellers and could breathe like the dolphins. Galia told her that Hanna had taken a look at the pages in the diary and was very surprised and interested in reading more. Megan gave her sister a big smile and told her that she had asked Hanna earlier to look at the diary. “I am glad you retrieved it and brought it along.” “Oh Megan, Hanna says that momma was working on the same things she was and that she may have come up with a formula to give humans the ability to live in the ocean with dolphins.” Megan placed her hands on Galia’s face and said “shall we talk to her more about this?” “Yes, I think we should and the other things that you have read in the diary that you still don’t understand, Hanna may be able to understand.” Hattie and Jeanette had been preparing the Shiska bobs and asked if anyone was hungry. Everyone said yes so they placed the skewers over the fire pit while Devlin and Nathan moved down the beach to gather some more of the beach logs for the bond fire, as some light still lingered.

As they walked along the beach, Devlin asked Nathan if he was going to marry Galia. Nathan wasn’t surprised by that question because he had the same question for Devlin. He picked up another slender log and piled it on the other two he had in his arms and said “Yes I am, Galia and I have finally discovered how we have always been together, and it is that we just got separated from the last time we were here. We planned to get married on the farm. Do you and Megan plan to be married?” “Yes we do but we’re not sure where and when just yet. She is worried about the two different worlds we live in. She wants to live in the ocean with me but she does not know how to accomplish that. I do not know either but the family has told both of us that she will be with them and her child will also be part of the family.” Nathan picked up another small log and just smiled. He suspected that dolphins could see the future similar in the way he could when he came in contact with others. To him it was like seeing through a fog and it would only happen when he thought strongly after coming in contact with the person. “I am loaded, so should we be getting back?” “Yes, I have enough also.” They both turned around and walked back toward the fire. The darkness had grown but there was a bright moon shinning light on the beach.

Megan and Galia had walked over and stood next to Hanna as she dried off. “Hanna, Galia tells me that you have looked at the diary, especially the parts that talk about humans being able to live in the oceans. When I first came across that section of work it was very confusing to me. I do remember momma telling me about the oceans but she never mentioned these particular pages of research. When Devlin and I were out with the family Mama Fau’tra told me that I would be living with them and my baby would also be living with them. Could it be that our mother knew how to turn humans into ocean dwellers?” Hanna had to smile and even giggle a little. So you met Fau’tra and I suppose she taught you how to read dolphin.” “Well yes she did teach me somewhat but she was speaking telepathically to me at the same time.” “Yes she would do that and she is such a good teacher. So she told you that you would be living with them and that your child would also be living with them. Did she tell you when you would be doing this and when you would have the child?” “No she did not say when, just that we would.” Hanna looked at her and then at Devlin and then asked “are you two getting married or are you already married?”

The crackling of the fire and the calming sound of the waves was all that could be heard. Devlin had been stacking another log upright on the fire. He placed the log and stood up. Every one on the beach seemed to be frozen in place. A moment later Devlin moved to Megan’s side and put an arm around her. Megan looked up at him and smiled. He smiled back and looked at his mother and said “we are going to be married but we thought it best to wait until we see just how Megan is going to live in the water.” Galia and Nathan both had come together and were smiling also. Galia could not hold her excitement. “Nathan and I are going to be married also.” There, she just blurted it out finally. They both had been holding back in telling everyone.

“Well hush my mouth and knock me over with a feather.” Hattie almost fell over in her chair; Jeanette reached out and steadied it. Hattie turned to her and asked, “Did you know about this?” “Yes I knew about Nathan and Galia but I did not know about Megan and Devlin although I think we all might have had some idea about it. It’s kind of hard to hide when two kids are in deep love with each other.” Hattie smiled and chuckled and began to laugh. Just before she completely cracked up in laughter she said “well it looks like Marni’s last words to me have come to fruition” and then she could not hold back her unbridled joy. Her laugh was infectious and soon everyone was laughing with great joy.

Everybody had finally eaten and moved their chairs around the big fire. The air was chilly but the fire was warm. Hattie had told Nathan and Devlin to pack the sleeping bags and blankets earlier and made the comment about sleeping on the beach on this wondrous night. The stars were thick in the night sky and the full moon was moving into the west. This would be a perfect night to sleep on a beach. They all had gathered around Hanna to listen to her stories of living in the ocean. Hattie had also brought some old Coleman lanterns so they had some bright light. Megan and Galia both could not restrain themselves from wanting Hanna to read more from the diary. So she thumbed through until she came to the parts of creating a cloak organically and read the notes and looked at some formulas. “You know girls, if I had access to a lab with the proper tools and chemicals and what not I might be able to make some of these things your mother experimented on and created.”

Megan and Galia both looked at each other and said at the same time, “we know where there is…they both stopped and Hanna said “one at a time please.” Galia stopped and let Megan talk. “We know where there is a lab and it is stocked with all sorts of stuff.” She looked at Hattie and said “don’t you have that safe room in the store in the basement that has all the additional bottles and things that momma used to need?” Hattie’s eyes grew bigger and she said “well yes now that you mention it. I locked it up when your mother left and it has not been opened since. Megan continued, “Mother had a lab under the barn and we just stopped going there after she and father left. We were afraid someone would find out about it and we would be in trouble. We just have to move some equipment and stuff and we can open the trap door up. I remember mother and father spending a lot of their time down there and there is a switch in the house that sets off an alarm if someone unknown is approaching the farm.” Galia spoke this time because her excitement could not be contained any longer. “We always had to be on the look out when momma and dad where down there so we could flip that switch.” “Well perhaps we can take a look at it tomorrow.” Hanna closed the diary and handed it to Megan. “I think we all should get some sleep, I am kind of tired and this sky is so beautiful.” Everyone agreed with that and the lanterns were turned off as everyone found the most comfortable position in the sand. The fire was still blazing and the breeze slowed down.

Awhile later, Megan woke to the sound of the dolphins whistling and chirping. She turned over to touch Devlin and he was not there. She sat up and looked around as the whistling and chirping seemed to get louder. The fire had burned down to a small blaze over a fair pile of red hot coals. When she turned to look out toward the ocean, Devlin was standing at the foot of the sleeping bag. He spoke into her mind and said be quiet my love, we are being called to our wedding. Mama Fau’tra say’s it is time and the family must be present. Megan stood up and took his hand and they walked out into the water. Hanna lay in the sleeping bag and listened to the whistling and chirping and smiled. She knew her children were going to be bonded as one and tomorrow with the right mixtures she was going to make Megan an ocean dweller. She looked at the stars in the heavens and saw a shooting light move across the night sky. She turned to her side and fell into a very restful sleep.
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

1 mile off the beach, the family of Bottlenose dolphins gathered around Megan and Devlin. Mama Fau’tra poked her head out of the water in front of the two humans and chirped quietly. Megan and Devlin both hugged each other and the circle of dolphins began to swim around them. The dolphins seemed to be tied together as they swam faster in the circle. Mama Fau’tra continued to chirp and whistle in a low tenor and then pushed against the two humans. Megan and Devlin both reached out and held onto her back fin. She began to circle around within the larger circle of the family. It appeared there was a whirlpool or two if someone would have been watching from the air. The outer circle was moving in one direction while the inner circle was moving in the opposite direction. This went on for awhile and then the outer circle became a ring of light while the inner circle of beings became one blazing light and shot straight up into the heavens.

Megan and Devlin felt the swirling while they held each other and then a light shot forth from the outer circle of dolphins and connected to Fau’tra. They both were spinning but it seemed like they were standing still. The blazing light began to surround them and then their hearts began to blaze. The light finally connected and they became one tube of light as they shot into the heavens above. Megan/Devlin came into the universe and connected with the Divine Creator as one. All was connected to one. The light tube reversed and fell back into the world. Megan and Devlin were standing on top of the water as the world continued to spin. Finally the spinning motion around them slowed down and the light shrank back into the dolphins as they slowed down. Fau’tra was directly under the two as they slowly lowered back into the water and felt her fin as they slowed in the spinning motion. It was surreal in appearance but the two had become one and floated on the surface. The family of dolphins began jumping out of the water and chirping and whistling. It seemed like the people at a wedding cheering and carrying on. Megan and Devlin both were laughing and hugging each other and soon Fau’tra offered her fin again and swam toward the shore. She came in to a point where the water became shallow and stopped. Megan let go and moved to the front of her and kissed her on the edge of her mouth. Devlin hugged her and she turned and swam back toward the family. Devlin and Megan waded up onto the beach and stood looking at each other. Devlin finally went and retrieved their sleeping bag and they walked off down the beach to be alone.

Hattie had woken before the dawn and stoked the fire pit. She found the coals still hot and gathered some wood from the edge of the brush were the hills started to rise from the beach. When she got back, Jeanette had also gotten up and was preparing a big pot to make coffee. She had set up some dishes and foods on the table and was just setting the pot next to the fire pit when Hattie came walking up with an arm full of branches and small logs. She laid them down and began placing them on the hot coals. “Any one else up yet?” “No, I noticed that Devlin and Megan took there sleeping bag and moved somewhere else during the night. Hanna may have beaten us both up already because she is gone. I suspect she is out in the ocean.” “Yes I would suspect the same thing but it looks like the two sleepy heads are still snoozing away. Lets not wake them just yet; I really need a good hot cup of coffee before we start cutting things up for breakfast.” Jeanette agreed with that and they got the fire going and placed the portable grill over the top and set the pot on it.

The cool air of the dawn had caused both women to put on their jackets as they sat and enjoyed the hot coffee. “This was always my favorite place to come to watch the sunrise. Bob and I would come down here and watch the sunrise and then walk along the beach and dig the clams and oysters up. They were always good eating. We should take a walk in awhile and see if we can find some for breakfast. That bond fire is still hot with coals and we can put them in there and they will taste excellent.” They were on their second cup of coffee when the sun peeked over the horizon. The sun lit the water with a shinny path as it rose. The sky in the far distance had become a bright orange and then a fiery red against the scattered clouds. As they watched, the colors changed from the fiery red to a scarlet, to a peach. The sun was so bright on the level with their eyes they had to look up or to the side. Hattie thought she saw something moving toward them and sure enough, Hanna was walking through the water and came up on the beach as she continued toward them.

“Well now, was that a nice refreshing dip you got there?” Hanna had reached within a few yards and said “why yes it was dear ladies, the family had quite a nice party last night.” “I thought I heard them talking last night but it could have been in my dreams.” “Yes they were quite talkative during the night, have you seen Devlin and Megan this morning?” Jeanette had heard the dolphins chirping and whistling also and it seemed that they became louder at one point and she had even sat up and saw a very bright light shoot into the sky from the ocean surface. She was going to ask about that later. “No the children were gone when we got up and their sleeping bag went missing also so perhaps they moved down the beach to be alone.” “Well I would suspect that is exactly what they did. They’ll be along in awhile and I see our two other children are quite cozy and still asleep.”

“Would you like some hot coffee or if not we have a pot of hot water for tea.” Hanna had to smile. “I’ll take a cup of that coffee. It seems that I never got over that particular like and it is few and far between when I get a chance to drink some.” Hattie stood up and fetched a cup for her and poured the rich dark brown liquid from the perk pot. “You take anything in it?” “No I have always drunk it black as it is said.” “Well I usually put a pinch of mint in it when it perks.” “Well that sounds like a good combo then.” Hattie handed her a cup and Hanna stood by the fire for a few minutes and sipped on the coffee. “Now this is a great cup of coffee.” “Come on over and have a sit, I can fetch a blanket for you.” Hanna moved to a chair and sat down while Hattie picked up a nice blanket and handed it to her. “We thought we would do a little clam digging for part of the breakfast this morning.” “That sounds like a nice thing to do. I think we have two children that have some wonderful news for us.” They all three just sipped their coffee and watched the sun rise above the surface of the ocean.

Down the beach a few hundred yards and up close to the edge of the brush, Megan and Devlin lay in the sleeping bag looking up at the stars as they faded from the oncoming daylight. The sun was still below the horizon but was going to peak over any minute. Megan turned and put her arm over Devlin’s chest and sighed with a most happy sound. “Do you think Hanna can create the potion to change me?” “I think your mother may have already done that but yes I do think mother can do it if those formulas are as what she says they are and that lab you told us about has all the right stuff.” Megan remained silent with that and thought about the lab and all the stuff that was down there. “Should we get back to the camp sight?” Devlin turned and kissed her, “Yes we can go back but first let’s go into the water.” They both unraveled and got out of the sleeping bag. A few minutes later they both were in the water and swimming further out.

30 minutes later, the sun had risen above the horizon and three women walked along the waters edge digging in the familiar places for the clams. Hattie was such a surprise. It seemed that she had forgotten nothing. They all had the little buckets and small shovels. Hanna was the first to reach the area where Megan and Devlin had spent the rest of the night. She saw the empty sleeping bag and knew where the children had gotten off to. She waited for Hattie and Jeanette to catch up. “Well I’ll be” Hattie exclaimed. “The kids must be somewhere around.” Hanna looked out into the ocean and said “Yes, there they are now.” They all looked and saw the two swimming toward the shore. “Shall we give them some privacy; I think I have enough clams.” “Yes Hattie let’s go back and get the breakfast prepared, I think the other two might be stirring by now.” They all three turned and walked back toward the camp sight, their smiles beamed light from their faces.

As the three women walked toward the camp sight they saw Nathan poking at the fire with a stick and drinking from a cup. Galia was still in the sleeping bag but she was sitting up. Galia finally turned and saw them walking toward the camp. She stood up and moved to the fire and poured herself a cup of the coffee. She wasn’t a real lover of coffee but Hattie did know how to make a very good coffee drink. The mint flavor always made it taste like an exotic tea to her and that was what she loved. “You kids hungry?” Hattie said as they all three came up and placed the little buckets on the table. “We dug up some clams to add to the eggs and potatoes. Jeanette and I brought some extra biscuit makings so we can pan fry those also.” The clams were placed into the coals and the potatoes were cut and diced into a big pan with real whipped butter. Hattie and Jeanette formed up the biscuits and placed them into another pan. Another pot of coffee was perking when Galia noticed Megan and Devlin walking toward them. Galia waited until they reached the camp and hugged Megan. Nathan knew that something happened during the night and smiled at Devlin as if to say congratulations. The atmosphere around the camp was joyous and the breakfast was quite tasty and filling. Hanna and Devlin with Megan went into the ocean once more after the camp was packed up and the beach cleaned. They had decided to go back to the store and Hanna wanted to visit the lab.

It was mid morning when the truck pulled into the store and everything was unloaded. Hattie and Jeanette decided to take it easy and open the store for awhile after every thing was put away. Hattie had taken Hanna and the children into the basement of the store and opened the safe door to the storage area. Hanna moved around and identified some of the chemicals and other fluids she would need. She told the girls to gather these things and Hattie had produced a couple of baskets. They all ate a light lunch of salads and fresh bread. Hanna and Devlin were drinking the seawater to keep fresh and soon Nathan and Galia, Megan and Devlin and Hanna piled into the truck and drove off toward the farm
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

49 A LAB AND THE LONG COATS

Megan took every one into the barn and showed where the trapdoor was located so everyone started moving the stuff off so they could open it up. The trap door had an indent that had been filled with straw so Megan dug it out and asked Galia to fetch the key for the big padlock. Galia walked to the wall and opened a cupboard; she reached around for a minute and finally closed the door and came back over. She handed the key to Megan and she opened the padlock and pointed at the two latch handles that she had cleaned the straw away from also. Devlin and Nathan both grabbed a handle and lifted the trap door. It opened surprisingly easy for a door that had not been opened at least 8 years. The door opened up and back and stopped in a backward upright degree of perhaps 5 degrees from an upward 90 degrees. They all looked at a set of stairs that disappeared into a dark hole. Megan reached under a ledge and flipped a switch of some kind and the stairwell lit up. The stairs went down for about 7 steps before turning and disappearing around a corner. “At the bottom is another door that has an electronic lock system with a key pad.”

Hanna had taken the diary from Megan and was studying it as they cleared the equipment and other things from the trap door. The baskets with all the extra bottles of chemicals and what not sat on the floor next to the door. “Shall we go down and see what is available?” At the bottom of the stairs there was a wide floor space before a solid steel door. Megan pulled a key out of her pocket and stuck it into a slot. When she turned it a key pad flipped open from the wall next to the door. She placed her hand on a pad that had the shape of a hand and it lit up and turned green. She then punched a series of keys on the pad and the door automatically released a latch and opened. Hanna was impressed and said “Oh my, that is quite and elaborate security system.” “Yes, mother and father were very security minded when it came to this lab.”

When the door opened it seemed to have triggered a lighting system inside the room. They all walked in and Hanna saw the computer stations and the benches with different types of scopes and electronic gear sitting on top. The room was around 16 feet wide by somewhere close to 24 feet deep. The walls had shelving from floor to ceiling and there were electronic systems stacked in spaces between the shelving units that seemed to be full of all sorts of bottles of fluids and powders and what not. There was one area of a wall that looked like a library and was full of books. She began to walk around the perimeters of the work benches in the center and noticed another door in the rear of the room. She walked toward it all the while observing everything on her way to the back. She finally reached the door and opened it. Inside was another room about a third the size of the main lab and it was quite cool. When she had opened the door it also activated a lighting system and as she looked around she could see what appeared to be refrigerators. She backed out and shut the door and thought she would exam that room later. She turned and asked Megan where the power source was coming from that operated everything down here. “Oh, father had received a crate from someone he knew and it turned out to be a device that he called a free energy motor or something. He hooked it up to all the power equipment down here somehow and that is what keeps everything running. I never understood how it worked.” “Where is it located?”

Megan walked to the door that Hanna had closed and opened it. Every body could feel the cold air come out. Megan said “in the back of this room is a smaller room. I call it the closet and father and mother called it the generator room or power locker. She reached another door with grills built into it and opened the door. Inside the small room was a cylinder of some sort and at one end it had a thick wire harness leading off into a cabinet standing against a wall. The cabinet had all sorts of gauges on it with switches. Hanna looked at the apparatus and determined that all the power was being generated from the cylinder device on the floor. “So this lab and everything down here never runs out of power?” “Well it has been along time since I or Galia have been down here and as you can see the power is still working.”

Nathan had stayed topside and soon Galia came back up and they both went to the house. She had told everyone in the lab that she would watch out for any unwelcome folks that could show up and if anyone did happen to come snooping around she would throw the switch. She and Megan had told them that when the switch was thrown the trap door would shut on its own and the things that seemed to be attached to it would cover for just a floor with junk stored. They all had noticed how seamless the trap door was before it actually opened. “The padlock is not the only lock for that door. If the switch is thrown, it closes and there is an electronic lock that is operated by the device in the power room so even if someone found the two handles they could never get the door open without first someone down here releasing the lock or one of us topside shutting it off in a very secret place.

“Is there any other way to get out of here?” Megan said “yes father was very redundant when he built this place. He dug a tunnel that can be accessed from the rear side of the power room that leads under the field beyond the barn. The entrance or exit is located in the woods around 200 yards away. It is hidden in an old tree stump.” “Well it looks like I might be down here for awhile; Megan would you and Devlin like to fetch a good supply of sea water for me. Oh and we need all that additional supplies Hattie gave us. Megan and Devlin went up to the house and told Nathan and Galia that they were going to the beach to fetch some water and would be back soon. “Hanna is in the lab and says she expects to be down there for awhile” “Would you stop and tell Hattie and Jeanette we are going to stay here for the night” Galia asked. “Sure and we might even get some of that wonderful bread that those two seem to have decided to cook on a regular basis.” Devlin and Megan climbed into the truck and drove toward the beach.

Down in the lab, Hanna had sat down at one of the computer stations and turned it on. She began to search through files located on the hard drive and when she came across one that just said “gill” she stopped and tried to open it. Unfortunately the file popped up with an “Access denied bar blinking on and off. This did not deter her as she had the diary open on the table top and was trying to see if there might be a password written down in the book to get to this file. She had decided to peruse the diary for the moment to see what else might be written on these priceless pages. She was flipping trough when she came to the pages that discussed the possibilities of making an organic cloak. This in itself was an astounding revelation and she could see that Marni had pursued this line of research. In the diary she talked about the Hawaiian Bob tail squid but there were no definite formulas or notes of how to make this happen. The very idea of using the ocean creatures was very enlightening to Hanna. She scrolled through more files on the computer and stopped when she saw “squid”. She tried to open this file also but got the same “Access denied” sign. She began to read more in the book to see if there might be clue to a password here also. Her main goal was to create a potion or the same thing that Nathan Reitz had created to hopefully change Megan’s DNA so she could live in the ocean with her husband. She bookmarked the cloaking pages and went back to reading the pages with the illustrations and notes about growing gills.
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

As Devlin and Megan drove by Hattie’s store, they both noticed a black sedan parked outside the front. They kept driving and both of them felt something odd about that car. It was as if the feeling they both received was the same color as the car. Megan looked at Devlin after watching the car as they passed and said “let’s hurry; I got a bad feeling when we passed Hattie’s. There was something about that car.” Devlin told her he had also received a cold chill. They reached the beach quickly and Devlin took two five gallon cans and filled them with sea water and they were soon on their way back to Hattie’s store.

Devlin pulled into the front parking lot and the black sedan was gone. Megan jumped out of the cab and ran through the front door. Devlin was close behind and stopped in the main store area. He heard Megan talking to Hattie and Jeanette in the rear area. He looked around and saw that some of the shelving units had been knocked over and there contents spilled over the floor. He hurried toward the back and saw Megan holding Hattie as she cried. Jeanette was sitting and holding her head. He moved close and sat next to her and reached out his hand. She took it and looked at him. “I was out in the cottage when I heard Hattie scream. By the time I got here, whoever it was had left.” Megan brought Hattie over to the table and helped her to sit down. She was sobbing so badly that she could not talk at that moment so every one just waited for her to settle down.

Hattie finally slowed down and just sat quiet for a moment. She looked at Megan and began to talk. “Oh Megan those men were from the same organization that sent men to look for your parents. They are evil people and I know they wanted to kill your mother and father back then and now here they are again still looking for them. I really thought that they gave up years ago.” “What did they want?” “They asked me if I had seen your parents, they showed me an old picture of them. I told them that the two people in the picture had moved away years ago. One of them grabbed me by my left arm and twisted it behind me and said “So you know them, tell us where they are?” “I told them again that I did not know them well and that they had moved away over 8 years ago. The one that twisted my arm had a Russian accent, the other one I think was American.” “Did they say where they were going?” “No they just threw me on the floor and as they left they tipped over those shelving units in the main store. If I had known they were coming I would have shot both of them full of rock salt, the filthy scum. When they came in I was cleaning the counter back here and as soon as I saw them I knew they were bad. Those long leather coats they always seem to wear and the dark sunglasses. I swear you can smell their kind.”

“So we know that they are still looking for mom and pop. Hanna did tell us that she was sure that those kinds of people were still looking for her. So this organization is some kind of death squad and probably hires out to the highest bidder or works for one of the tyrannical governments of the world.” Megan’s mind was whirling a mile a second. “Did you see which way they drove from here? We did not see them on our way back so we either missed them or they went on up the canyon.” Jeanette spoke up, “I saw them leaving and they did drive up the canyon as you say.” Hattie stood up and headed for a closet just next to the stairwell. She reached in and pulled her shotgun out and then pulled a small bag out also. “I ain’t gonna mess around with these jokers” and she pulled two 12 gauge slugs from the bag and loaded them into the gun. “We got to get up to the farm, they know where it is and the children are up there with Hanna.” She slung the bag over her shoulder and headed for the front, “Let’s go, they got a head start on us.” Devlin could tell that Hattie was red hot mad now and they all got up and headed for the front and the truck. Hattie had moved so fast by the time they reached the porch she was already climbing in the back. “Hurry up children we ain’t got time to waste.” She moved to the cab and stood against it with her shotgun resting on the cab. Megan climbed up with her while Devlin and Jeanette climbed into the cab and they were soon driving toward the farm.

Clyde Barrow and Dimetri Zhukov had been agents of the New Amerika Stazzi or Long coats as they were so commonly called, for the past 6 years. When they had first hired on as assassins their jobs took them all over the world. They had read the files on Marni and Jubel Weatheral and learned how they had been branded traitors to the cause of several governments. These people were very high up scientists with the highest security credentials when they went rouge and stole top secret materials. The woman had been experimenting with making super soldiers. Their files were connected with another file of a woman 18 years or more in the past that had been in a tight top secret group of scientists that just happen to be experimenting on the same sort of subject and had murdered all of her colleagues and stole the formulas to make super soldiers that could live underwater. Something had come up recently that led the Emperor of the US and the Russian regime to suspect that these people were still alive. Their trails had died years ago and they had been filed into inactive yet not forgotten files. Something had surfaced to give the governments enough information to believe they were still alive. The wanted dead files were reactivated and Clyde and Dimetri were given the assignment to find them and execute them. They were also told to get the secret information from them any way possible before executing them. They both knew the end result of their own existence if they failed.

Clyde and Dimetri loved their jobs; they were two of the most hated agents because their sadistic, psychopathic ways were very devious and deadly. They never hesitated to torture their subjects in such horrifying ways before the target died. The things they did to these poor targets were widely known and that is why most of the other agents feared them. As they drove up the road toward the farm, Dimetri was angry with Clyde, “You should have let me have my way with that woman, I could have made her talk more and we might have found out more about these two peoples we are going to kill. I would have killed her so there would not be any trace of our existence. Now she can identify us.” “Settle down Dimetri, we can go back and kill her when we are done with this farm. We might get lucky and find these two living back there right now. If not then you can kill whoever might be living there now. Does that make you feel better?” Dimetri smiled at that and began to plot in his own mind how he would handle anyone living on this farm. Farm tools could be very satisfying to use for torturing and killing people with.

Both of these men had been abandoned when they were young and raised in institutions of sickness. Dimetri had been abused almost constantly until his 15th birthday when he killed the man that was abusing him and escaped into the greater land and cities of mother Russia. Clyde had been raised by a Catholic institution in southern Florida and his abuse was particularly nasty until he turned 17 and committed murder in mass. He escaped and found himself in Cuba where he lived until he turned 24 and then was recruited by a large drug cartel until he joined the New Stazzi organization. Clyde almost missed the driveway to the farm house and had to back up before he could turn up the drive. They both could see no cars or any type of transportation as they slowly drove up to the house.
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

Nathan was in the back yard chopping some wood for the wood stove and Galia was sitting in the front room talking to Thomas on the Vid phone when she saw the car come to a stop and back up. The blackness of it gave off a cold chill to her. She watched the car slowly turn onto the driveway and quickly told Thomas she would call him back. She hurried into the kitchen and flicked the switch to give the warning to Hanna and shut the trap door. Something about this car gave her a dire warning. She went out the back door and told Nathan that some kind of trouble was coming up the driveway. She took his hand and hurried over to the side door on the barn where they could not be seen from the driveway. They went in and she quickly covered the trapdoor with old straw and took Nathan up into the loft. “I don’t know who this is but something seems very wrong with this car. I think there are two men in it.” All the pigs were out in the field grazing as well as the few chickens. She sincerely hoped they would stay out there and maybe these men were just lost. If they found no one at home maybe they would just leave.

Down in the lab, Hanna was reading the pages of the diary that dealt with humans having gills when the red lights started turning and flashing. She heard the trap door close first then the main door at the bottom of the stairs. The latching sounds seemed loud to her but she knew that no one was going to get in here unless they were either Megan, Galia or someone else that knew how. The lighting system dimmed. The computer stayed on but the power was lowered and she suspected that possibly more power was being directed to lock the doors. She did not know what was happening topside but then the computer shifted screens and she could see the driveway leading to the house. She saw the black car slowly making its way up the drive. She instinctively placed her hand on the mouse apparatus and the video camera, wherever it was mounted, zoomed in on the car. She saw the two men and thought to herself, those two look like the people that chased me and seemed to always hang around Forrest. She could not be sure until the car stopped and the two men got out. The long coats gave them away and she could not do anything at the moment. She was very worried for Galia and Nathan and hoped that they were already hiding. After all someone flipped the alarm switch.

Clyde and Dimetri climbed out of the black scrammer and looked around. “Lets check the house, you go around to the front and I’ll go in the back.” Dimetri smiled and pulled his pistol out and started off for the front. Clyde pulled his out and moved toward the back door. Dimetri reached the front door and rang a bell. No one answered so he tried to open the door. It was locked so he kicked at it. His first kick twisted his ankle and that pissed him off. He pulled out the silencer and twisted it onto the barrel of his pistol and shot the lock on the door. He had to shoot twice before it broke and he pushed the door open. He was so mad that if anyone was inside he was going to shoot them first. The door opened and he waited. No one was inside so he walked in. He heard a door open toward the back and raised his pistol. He almost shot Clyde as he walked into the opening between the living room and the kitchen. “Whoa you stupid idiot it’s only me,” Dimetri lowered his pistol and they both quietly began to search the house.

They broke the doors into the house. Yes I heard, I am pretty sure they both have guns. Did you read their minds? Yes I read the one that calls him self Dimetri and he is very ugly with his thoughts. They are looking for mother and father to kill them. Some one has told them that mother and father have been spotted. That means or could mean that your parents are still alive. Yes but what are we going to do about these two. We could wait for them to leave and follow them; they could lead us to your parents and then we’ll have to do something with them. Nathan, I am going to try to talk with Hanna, I don’t know it my thoughts will penetrate through the concrete that surrounds the lab.
Nathan touched her and said wait, I think they are coming out to the barn.

Hanna had watched the two men split up and head toward the house. She had gone into the cold room and entered the power room. She could not find an opening for the tunnel that Megan had told her about. She had thought about going out and coming in the back way to do something to these two. She searched and could not find anything that would show her where the opening was or how to open it. She finally gave up and went back to the computer screen. When she reached it she saw the two men come from the house and start toward the barn. She knew they could not get down here even if they discovered the trap door but her worry for Galia and Nathan was making her very anxious. Something began to tickle her mind and then she heard Galia’s Telepathy. It was broken for a few minutes then it began to get clearer. She watched the two entering the barn just when Galia told her that they were alright. We……hiding……..alright for……..stay put……..will not be able to ge……..you.

“There ain’t any one here, we are wasting our time. Let’s go back and beat that old lady up, maybe she can give us some more information about the people that we are looking for.” “Okay now you’re talking, I should have broke her arm in the first place.” “Well you’ll get your chance now, come on let’s go.”

Timoth had heard the car drive up and he did not recognize the sound of it. He started to move from the field toward the barn and of course Eliphal jumped up and followed him. She had grown into a few hundred pounds by now and Timoth no longer seemed like a giant to her. They both came up to the back of the barn and Timoth slowed his pace. He walked close to the wall and made his way toward the front. He stopped and poked his head around the corner just as the two men came out of the barn. He did not know them and wondered what they were doing. Eliphal boldly charged around the corner and stopped. Dimetri pulled his pistol and said “well now at least we can get a good meal out of this.” “Wait you stupid man, we don’t have time to butcher a pig.” “Yes you are right Clyde.” He fired his pistol and Eliphal gave a squeal and fell to the ground. Timoth charged around the corner and straight for the man. Both men scattered and Dimetri started to shoot Timoth also when all of a sudden he froze.
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

Galia heard the gun shot and then heard Eliphal squeal. She twisted into the universe and came back out in front of both men. Nathan appeared right beside her and they both froze the two men. Galia ran over to Eliphal and knelt down. Eliphal was barely breathing. The bullet had entered through her front shoulder and seemed to be still lodged in her body. Timoth was going to attack the two men but when Galia and Nathan both showed up and the two men froze, he went directly to Eliphal and lay down next to her. Galia knew that he was feeling her slipping away. She could hear his pain as he lay next to her and placed his head on the side of her head. She wanted to heal her but something was keeping her from pulling the energy from the universe. Her tears were running down her face as she placed her hand over the wound. Nathan walked to each frozen man and touched their guns. The guns disappeared from their hands. He was standing guard as Galia kneeled next to Eliphal and cried. He was not sure what was happening at that moment but he kept vigilance on the two frozen figures.

Hanna was watching on the video screen when the two men came out of the barn and the one shot the pig. She shook her head when Galia and Nathan just appeared. She did manage to catch an instant of light when they first appeared. She saw Galia hold out her hand and witnessed both men stop. When Nathan appeared it was a quick action that he and Galia both did that froze the two men. She knew she could open the doors to the surface from the inside so she hurried to the main door and turned off a dial of some kind that shut down the lock system. The door bolts or what she thought were the system of locks apparently retracted and the door popped open. She moved up the stairs and stopped. The trap door was still closed. She looked around for some kind of mechanism that would unlatch it. She finally found a green button hidden above the light switch and pushed it. She heard the same bolt retraction as the door below and the trap door actually lifted up with a slow motion until it was at least at a 90 degree position from the floor. She climbed out and hurried toward the front.

Devlin turned the truck into the driveway and came to a stop. They could see the black sedan parked up by the front of the barn. Devlin and Jeanette both heard Megan and Hattie get out of the back. Hattie was moving toward the south side of the house with her shotgun held at the ready in the front of her. Megan was following behind her. Devlin opened the door and quietly climbed out. He looked at Jeanette and said in a quiet voice, “you stay here until its safe.” Jeanette smiled at that and just looked at him as he crouched down and started to scoot toward the front of the house. She could see the front door and how it was wide open. She was not sure where the two men were at the moment but she sure as by willies was not going to sit and wait. She waited until Devlin was half way to the house and slipped out the passengers’ side of the truck. She turned sideways and disappeared. When she slipped back into the time zone, she was standing next to Nathan who was watching two frozen humans. Hanna was just walking from the barn and she turned to see Galia kneeling over a pig. She quickly moved to Galia and immediately felt her pain. The girl was crying and her body was wracking as the tears poured from her eyes. Jeanette bent down and knelt with her. She did not have to say anything because she could feel. She reached out and touched Galia and placed a hand on the dead pig.

“Oh, Jeanette, there was nothing I could do, I tried but Eliphal was to far away by the time I touched her. It was as if she told me to let her go. She turned toward Jeanette with red teary eyes and then looked up at the frozen human that had shot Eliphal. In a voice wracking with sorrow and pain she said “he did not have to shoot her, she was just following Timoth.” She then turned and reached out to Timoth who was lying next to Eliphal. He was quiet except Galia could hear what sounded like silent crying coming from him. Hattie and Megan came around the southwest corner of the house and both of them hurried over to the scene. Megan kneeled down next to Timoth and began to cry herself. She placed a hand on Timoth and said “I’m so sorry dear friend.” Timoth stood up and looked at Eliphal’s dead body, he then looked at everybody and turned in a hesitating motion and began to walk toward the field. They all watched him walk away with broken hearts. Hanna had waited for Devlin to make his way over from the house and they stood in quiet solitude. Hattie cocked her shotgun and said “shall we send these two back to the dark pit of hell where they came from?” She meant to blow them into pieces but Jeanette said “No Hattie, there is a better way to give them their due.

Clyde and Dimetri had come out of the barn and then Dimetri shot the pig after it came around the corner. Clyde did not really care if Dimetri shot a pig or not. His focus was on going back to that store and beating the old woman until she told them what they wanted to know and then killing her. When the girl and then the boy just materialized in front of them, he pulled his gun out. He meant to just shoot them. Their sudden appearance made his adrenaline pump so fast he thought he was going to have a heart attack. He was raising his pistol to shoot when he froze in movement. His mind was still somewhat active and he could see but his body would not move. His finger had frozen on the trigger and he could not pull it. He could not turn his head to see what Dimetri was doing but he heard no crack from his pistol either. He saw the girl move away from his point of view and then the boy walked up to him and touched his pistol. It disappeared from his hand. The boy then walked to his side and then stepped back into his view. His mind was spinning and confused. Who were these people and how did they do what just happened?

Dimetri was standing slightly behind Clyde when he froze. He tried to pull the trigger on his pistol but it seemed the harder he tried the more he froze and he could not feel his body. His mind was becoming dull with thought and he began to wonder who he was. He could see Clyde standing like a statue and then he saw the girl move away and bend down where the dead pig lay. Next he saw the boy walk to Clyde and touch his gun. The damn thing just disappeared. Then the boy came to him and touched his pistol and it also disappeared. Who the hell were these people? His next point of view was a woman walking from the barn. There was something familiar about her but he could not quite put his finger on it until he noticed that she had gills on her neck. Something tickled his memory but it was in a cloud of fog and he could not get it to come forward. His next vision was a young man stepping close to the woman.

Jeanette stood up and walked over so she could be in both of the men’s sight. Nathan spoke into her mind and asked what do you plan to do with these murderers mother? I am going to give each one of them a chance to repent but it is not going to be here nor in this time frame. Hattie walked over to stand next to Jeanette and looked at the Russian. She was holding her shotgun so that it pointed straight at him. Her next move was quick and to swift for anyone to do anything. She raised the shotgun and brought the barrel down on the Russians arm that was held out. The man’s arm took the force of the barrel and did not move. Everyone heard the crack as the arm seemed to break without moving. Hattie backed away and walked over to the barn wall and leaned up against it. She gave a shallow smile at the Russian as she leaned the shotgun up against the wall. Jeanette was surprised by the swiftness of Hattie’s movement but understood what she just did. Everyone else had watched what just happened and looked at the man that had twisted Hattie’s arm in the first place. Nathan, Galia and Hanna did know what had happened to Hattie but understood that she was paying this man back for something.
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

Dimetri saw another woman come into his view. She stood beside the boy that had made his gun disappear and they both just looked at him and Clyde. The next thing that happened was the woman from the store that they were going to kill step in front of him with a shotgun. His mind was boggled but looking at the double barrels of the shotgun gave him a real bad fright. He thought for sure this woman was going to blow him away. The next move was swift and so painful he screamed in his mind but no sound came from his frozen shut mouth. The old lady took the shotgun and swung the barrel down on his outstretched arm. He felt the break and the pain was excruciating but he could not move. He watched the old hag move to the barn and smile at him. He thought that if he could move he would slowly choke her to death. The woman standing next to the boy said something to him. “Well Mr. Zhukov I think it is time for you to go home. I hope you enjoy your short stay in Leningrad or as it is called now Saint. Petersburg. She walked to him and reached out and touched him.

Dimetri rolled over and looked at the dismal gray sky. His right arm was twisted under him so he rolled once more and tried to pull it straight. The pain made him cry out and then a very loud explosion happened very close to him. He rolled to his side all the while favoring the broken arm. The pain was making him breathe fast and hard and he had tears falling from his eyes. He managed to contort himself to his knees and another loud explosion went off. He was very disorientated by this time; he did not know where he was and why the explosions were happening. He started to stand up and the explosion in front of him blew him backward. He hit the ground and his arm snapped into a very odd shape. Apparently when he was blown back and hit the ground he landed on it in such a way that it completely severed the bone that was already broken. He might as well have just cut off his arm. He rolled over once again and saw a place where he could get some cover. He crawled over to the big piece of wall that was lying on top of other rubble and got under it just in time because the next explosion was where he had been the first time before being blown backward. Little pieces of stone and pavement peppered him. He felt the side of his face and it was wet. When he pulled his hand away it was covered with blood.

He lay under the piece of wall for hours it seemed until the shelling stopped. The pain in his arm had ceased to hurt because he had sustained other injuries during the bombings. His left leg felt like it was on fire. The quiet became almost overwhelming after all the explosions. The daylight was still gray and when he moved his head he noticed a calendar on the wall. He looked closer to see what it read and his eyes grew bigger. The date on the top of it read 1942 and it was open to the month of September. He knew very little about history but he did know that this time period was in a world war. Just before he appeared here, the woman had told him to enjoy his short stay in Leningrad. He knew he needed to find a safer place and he desperately needed water. It had been quiet now for how long he did not know although he could hear gun fire in the distance. He grabbed onto a piece of the wall and pulled himself up so he could scoot out from under the wall. When he started to move he noticed someone standing just beyond where he was. He thought he could get some help and spoke. “Who’s there, I need help, and can you help?” Someone bent down and grabbed his broken arm and pulled him out. He screamed from the pain that caused and cursed profusely at whoever was pulling on him. The person pulled him out and dropped his arm. He lay on the wet cobble stone and looked up. There were three women with two children and a man. The Russian military uniform gave him confidence but that did not last long. The man had a pike in his hands and stood over him while he raised it. Dimetri cried out, NOOOOOOO, Just before the pike struck into his heart. That particular time period in Leningrad, the people were starving to death and cannibalism had become one way to eat for many people. The atrocities of war were very horrifying.

Clyde could not see what the woman did to Dimetri. When she stepped in front of him, he really wanted to grab her and beat her to death as was his want. He could not move and listened to her. He did hear her tell Dimetri to enjoy his short stay in Leningrad. That phrase was confusing to him but made him wonder if this woman was sending them away to some other place. Well his wonder became a reality as she spoke to him. “Well now Mr. Barrow, I seem to remember reading about you and your adventures in the Midwestern states. It would seem that you rather enjoyed killing people and robbing banks if my history does not escape me.” Clyde did not understand this woman’s words, he never robbed any bank, sure he killed lots of people but that was his job and he really did not like living any where in the Midwest. If he could talk he would spit on this witch first. “So then Mr. Barrow, water will not melt me. Shall we get you on your way to Louisiana? Please enjoy the country roads for at least this day.” She walked up to him, reached out and touched him.

Clyde felt the wheel in his hand. He looked forward and could see a road with trees and bushes on both sides. He was driving an old gas powered automobile and it was moving quit fast on this road. He realized that he was pushing a pedal on the floor and that was what was making this automobile go so fast. The large wheel he was holding was the steering mechanism. “What’s the matter with you Clyde, you’ve been acting funny for the last 20 miles.” He jumped from hearing the voice; he turned his head and saw the young woman sitting on the passenger’s side of the car. She had an old style gun in her lap and as he looked she struck some kind of small torch and brought it up to a small white stick in her mouth. He turned his head back to the road and had to quickly turn the wheel a little to keep from running off the road. “Why don’t ya just slow down some Clyde honey, we ain’t got no coppers chasing us.” He let up on his foot and the car began to slow down. He felt better doing that so he let the car slow some more. “You know honey; we could go into Sailes tomorrow and make a withdrawal from that 1st National bank.” He started to say something when the first bullet came through the windshield and hit the woman in the neck. The white stick flew from her mouth as another bullet tore through the side of her face. Clyde felt the bullet tear into his side and then one hit him in the side of his head. His last sight and sound was a the rat a tat tat of a machine gun and the total cacophony of gun shots as the windshield of the car splintered into a million pieces and he felt a thousand little burning sensations in his body. He and the woman were both dead before the car ran off the road into a large clump of brush. 5 minutes later, 30 men came from the bushes on both sides of the road and surrounded the car as they emptied their guns into it. The day was heralded as the day that Bonny and Clyde were killed by the police. May 23rd 1934 at 1:47pm in the great state of Louisiana two notorious criminals were brought to justice

All the papers across the nation wrote about the death of Bonny and Clyde. The New York Times ran a full headline and stated in bold extra large lettering, BARROW/PARKER GANG KILLED IN LOUISIANA…..“MAY 23rd 1934- A GROUP OF TEXAS RANGERS AND OTHER AUTHORITIES LAID A “CAREFULLY LAID DEATH TRAP,” AND AS BONNIE PARKER AND CLYDE BARROW APPROACHED IN A STOLEN FORD DELUXE ALONG A BIENVILLE PARISH COUNTRY ROAD, THEY “RIDDLED THEM AND THEIR CAR WITH A DEADLY HAIL OF BULLETS.” After the car crashed, “the officers, taking no chances with the gunman who had tricked them so often, poured another volley of bullets into the machine.”
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

50 BRIDGE BETWEEN WORLDS

Jeanette turned back toward Galia and walked over to where the girl was now sitting on the ground next to Eliphal. She sat down next to her and Nathan came over and did the same. Hanna looked at Megan who was walking toward the field and motioned to Devlin to follow her, Devlin started walking out to catch up with his mate. He knew that she was suffering the death of Eliphal just as much as Galia was. He thought that Timoth was the one that would be doing the most suffering. He had lost brothers in the ocean and his father and even other good men on the ships he had been on and it was hard. He knew Megan would need comfort and she would need to grieve. Hanna gathered Hattie and asked her if she would walk with her. Hattie made sure the shotgun was unloaded and laid it on the ground and struck out with Hanna. They walked down the driveway toward the truck. Hanna needed to drink some sea water and she knew that Devlin would have to do the same soon. She meant to get Hattie to drive the truck up to the barn and wondered about the black sedan. They were going to have to get rid of it and she thought about how Jeanette seemed to be able to make things disappear.

Hattie pulled the truck up close to the barn door. Galia, Nathan and Jeanette were no longer sitting on the ground and Eliphal’s body was gone. She climbed out and took one of the 5 gallon cans of water from the back. She took it into the barn and walked to the trap door. Hanna was right behind her. “You want this down in the lab?” “Yes, I plan to be there for quit awhile. When Devlin and Megan come in from the field will you tell them that is where I am?” Hattie went down the steps and through the main door into the lab and set the water can down on a table. She looked around and took in the size and content of the lab and whistled under her breath. Hanna had followed her down and made her way back to the computer work station. She moved the mouse so the screen came back on. “I’ll let the children know where you are” and with that Hattie turned and went back up to the barn. Hanna had noticed that there were other monitors attached to the walls and she played with the main computer to see if there was a program to operate all of them at once. She found a file that said Camera.exe and activated it. The monitors came alive and she could see all sides of the barn plus the driveway as before. She was satisfied and pulled up the file that said Gill.exe. She could not get into it before and had begun reading the pages of notes and formulas and studying the illustrations to see if there might be a password to enter the files. She intended to read the pages on the organic cloak also because she had found a file that could possibly reference that also.

Galia, Nathan and Jeanette had agreed to send Eliphal’s corporeal body to a place of burial and had accomplished that before they stood and walked to the house. Nathan examined the doors and determined that the front door was the worst. The back was easy to fix because it had not been damaged but rather the lock system had been picked. When he examined the front door however, it had been heavily damaged and he would have to replace it completely. For now he could find some plywood in the barn and screw that over the opening. Hattie came in the back door and sat down next to Jeanette at the kitchen table. Galia came out of the hallway and came over and sat down. Nathan walked by and said “I need to get some tools and a piece of plywood from the barn and cover the front door until we can get a new door.” He walked out the back door and Hattie said “Megan and Devlin haven’t come back yet?” Galia looked at her with a distant stare and said “no, I think they’ll be awhile yet. Poor Timoth looked so bad when he walked off. He lost his best companion, his mate and I felt that his heart was broken.”

Megan and Devlin came in the back door and sat down at the kitchen table. “Oh Megan, I’m so sorry, I tried to save Eliphal but it was too late and I could not keep her spirit in this corporeal world.” Megan looked at her and moved to hug her. They hugged each other and finally Megan spoke. “Timoth is with his family now and they are taking care of him. It will take awhile for him to come around but I am sure he will.” She looked around and asked where Hanna was. “She is down in the lab and said to tell you that when you got back to come and see her.” Hattie stood and went to Megan and hugged her also. “She had the diary and said something about trying to find a password to access some files on that computer down there.” Devlin stood and Megan gave everyone a big hug and she and Devlin walked out the back door toward the barn. “You know, I think those kids were married or bonded last night. I just happened to see a bright light shooting up from the ocean and I heard the dolphins singing and carrying on like it was some kind of party.” Jeanette smiled at Hattie and said “yes I saw that also and awhile later I saw Devlin come and get the sleeping bag and carry it off down the beach.” Galia and Nathan looked at each other and smiled. “Nathan and I felt the rejoicing from their spirits this morning.” Hattie and Jeanette both smiled at that and Hattie had to ask “when are you two going to get married?”

Hanna had read and reread the 7 pages of notes and diagrams and illustrations of creating a human sea dweller. Most of it she had written down and memorized those 19 years gone by now. The final formula that Marni had written down however had two different symbols as apposed to the one that Reitz had come up with the day before he was killed. His formula was missing just one symbol that he was not going to release prior to the actual testing of his potion. She did write everything down except that missing part after she drank the potion, as they all called it, and destroyed everything in the lab. She never did find out what happened to the other 4 team members. She suspected they were either moved to a very secret new lab or murdered. None of them had the final part of the formula that Reitz was so secret about although if he had lived long enough they would have gotten their hands on it. She could almost create the potion with everything that was in this lab. She did need some DNA from a shark as part of the potion and she really needed to access that file. She suspected that Marni may have explained the whole thing on that file. There was some reference to being able to live on the land at greater periods of time without having to supplement that existence with some type of seawater or get in the water. That was what she became enthralled with. She was looking at everything in the 7 pages, searching for something that would jump out to give her the password when Megan and Devlin walked through the door and came over to where she was sitting.

“How are you?” Hanna asked them as they walked over. Megan spoke first, “we’ll survive, I am not sure how Timoth will do but his family is gathered around him and they will comfort him the best.” Devlin was next, “have you figured out the formula in the book and can you make a potion?” Hanna looked at him and then asked both of them to sit down. Megan found two chairs at other work stations and pushed them over and sat down with Devlin. “I have read this section of your mothers work and she did solve the problem of creating an ocean dweller for the human species. I am still trying to grasp the final parts of this formula that were not provided in the original formula we worked with up in San Diego all those years ago. Reitz never did give us the final piece of that formula and I see that your mother actually has two different parts. We actually used Shark DNA to create the gills, as you know dolphins do not have those. I see here that your mother is using a DNA from a different type of fish.”

Megan was very excited now that Hanna was explaining her mother’s formula. “Has she named the fish?” “No, not in the diary, she has a file on this computer I believe, where she explains the entire process of making the potion as we all have come to call it. The only thing that is stopping me at this point is being able to access that file. It has a password that seems to be bulletproof. I have been reading your mothers notes and studying these diagrams and illustrations to see if there is some clue as to what that password might be, but so far I have not come up with anything.” “I have read those pages for so long it is almost as if I have them memorized. I do remember Mom and dad taking us to the beaches and mom would sometimes talk with the dolphins. It always seemed to amaze me when she did that and how they would appear to be talking with her.” Hanna stood up and walked to the water can and filled a glass with the seawater. “It is good that we aren’t in the sunshine, I can feel my skin starting to dry out. Devlin, how are you fairing?” “I feel the same way but drinking some water seems to help. I think you and I are going to need to get back into the ocean soon.”

Hanna acknowledged that and thought to her self that if they could get a good swim in; they would be able to spend at least the next 24 hours here. “I noticed some strange writing in your mother’s diary Megan; do you have any idea of what language it might be from?” She showed the writing to Megan and it was on the same page as the illustration of the human with gills. Megan looked at it and said “I have noticed that for so long and Mother never did say anything about it. I thought it was part of the formula by just the way it is written.” Hanna looked at the writing again and then looked at Megan. “I noticed that your speech has a certain accent to it like an accent to a language from the European countries. Did your mother or father ever speak in a different language around you or Galia?” “Well yes they did but Galia and I thought they were speaking in a secret code to keep us girls from knowing what they were doing. They would just smile whenever we wanted to know what they were saying. Mom did tell me one time that Galia’s name came from an old language that had disappeared or was not used anymore except in a deeper part of a country and even there it had lost a lot of its meanings and was not used very much.” “Did she ever tell you what the country was?” “She did tell me where she and father were born and Galia and I were born in the same country but in a different place. You think I and Galia have an accent, both of them had a very heavy accent from there place of birth. Mother said that her and father were born in a place called Helmsdale which was farther north on the isle of Scotland.” Hanna now understood the accent she had been hearing from Galia and Megan as they spoke. It was a Scottish dialect of a sort. She also understood Galia’s name and put two and two together. She thought she might know what the language was that was written in the diary in certain places. “Will you come with me and Devlin to the ocean, we should be gone for only any hour or two and when we get back perhaps we can access your mother’s files.”
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

Hanna, Megan and Devlin had taken the truck and drove to the beach 2 hours earlier and were just pulling up to the barn. Nathan had screwed the piece of plywood over the front door and he and Galia had gone down into the lab and were looking at all the equipment and different bottles of chemicals and plants and things. Hattie and Jeanette were cooking up a dinner. The sun was low in the west and had gone below the tops of the mountain range so the light was dimming. Hanna and Megan climbed out of the truck and walked toward the barn and the lab while Devlin walked to the house and went inside. “Well look whose back, where are the other two?” “Mother and Megan went directly to the lab. Mother wanted me to come and get Nathan and Galia, I think she has a project for them.” Hattie continued to cut up the vegetables while Jeanette was busy making a cream sauce. “Galia and Nathan walked over to the barn earlier so they should be in there.” Devlin thanked her and turned to go out. “Tell everyone that dinner will be ready in about 30 minutes or so would you please?” Devlin nodded as he walked out the back door.

Galia was reading the diary that was left open next to the computer work station that Hanna had been looking at when Megan and Hanna walked into the lab. Nathan had turned on one of the other computers and was scrolling through data and files that were stored on the hard drive. “Have you found anything new?” Galia looked up and smiled. “I did see where mother has written some of the old language on a few of the pages.” Hanna and Megan had discussed the writing and what language it might be from but she heard Galia just say that it was the old language. “Can you tell me what the old language is?” “Yes it is the old Gaelic language. Mother used to talk with father in it. She tried to teach me how to read and speak it.” Hanna and Megan both sat down and Megan asked her sister, “When did you and mother speak and learn to read this, I remember her and father speaking to each other in some way that I could not understand and father would look at me and then tell mother to speak in the English way.” “Mother would spend time with me when I turned 5 and speak this language. She would write words down in the old language and then tell me what it meant in the English language and she would teach me how to pronounce it. It seemed so easy for me to understand. When she spoke the old language I knew what she was saying and father would even speak to me and I could speak back to them.”

“So that was before we moved to Australia? Did Mom continue to talk with you using the old language?” “Yes she did and father did too. When we came to Sidney on the ship, you remember? It seemed like it took forever but it was so much fun being on that ship.” “Yes I remember how you and I would wonder the decks.” Megan looked at Hanna, “we both were born in Edinburgh and I had started school there before we moved. Mother and Father were given jobs in Sidney and father said we would find a better life down here. Mother was working with Marine biology and oceanography then and it wasn’t until we arrived here that she started doing other projects that we had no idea what it was she was doing but she did give me that diary to read and told me that she would write things everyday. I think she wanted me to learn and understand the research and experiments she was doing. She was quite the inventor as I remember. It wasn’t until after the war with the Chinese that we moved up here. I remember father doing all the work on the place and having the lab built. I was going to school in Townsville then, before it was renamed Paradise.” “Well it appears you two are Scottish born, Celtic possibly and you Galia are saying that you can read this old language?” “Yes it has been quite awhile since I actually did some reading but I can pick it up fairly quickly.”

Hanna opened the diary to the page with the illustration of the human with gills. At the top of the page were two words she thought, in the old writing of Gaelic. She asked Galia if she could understand what the words said. Galia looked at them and said “of course, mother told me long ago that these words meant “the dolphin in the old language.” “Can you be specific?” “Yes, this first word “deilf” is the word dolphin and the second word “bholgshrónach” is the word for bottlenose. I remember her telling me that the bottlenose dolphins are family and when we, humans could live in the oceans then we would become family members to these mammals.” Hanna completely understood what Galia had just told her. Devlin did also and smiled. Megan gasped and finally understood the cryptic notes of her mother that were written on the pages. Hanna moved to the computer screen and clicked on the file of gills.exe. The box came up that showed “ENTER PASSWORD”. She began to type the old Gaelic words in “deilf bholgshrónach”, and once all the dots crossed the screen in a line, she hit the enter button. This time the words came up and said “FILE ACCESSED” and the screen opened with Marni on video and talking about the process of creating the mixture to cause a human to become an ocean dweller. Hanna clicked the pause button on the video and looked at both the girls. They were standing together and staring at the screen. She could see tears welling up in their eyes.

Hanna reached out and touched both of the girls and smiled. Devlin and Nathan both had moved to stand just behind the girls and were staring at the screen also. They both noticed the young looking woman on the screen; she had long red hair and striking green eyes. Her facial features were quite healthy and it was clear that Megan and Galia both had inherited their mother’s genes for looks. Megan looked almost identical to her mother but a younger version where as Galia was a tad bit different and Hanna suspected she had more of her father’s genes. She suspected that there might be video’s of their father also on these computer’s. Devlin finally spoke and told them all that Hattie and Jeanette had made dinner for them all and that it was probably ready to eat by now. “Perhaps we should go and eat something before we get deeply involved in these videos and research?” Hanna reached into the girls minds and said we should eat before we proceed with these videos, it may take a while to concoct the recipe’ and we may want to rest a bit before we get started. Both girls spoke at once but Hanna told them to wait and speak one at a time. Megan was first and said yes we should go and eat. It is just that we have not seen mother for so long even if it is an earlier video of her. Can we hurry? One should never hurry when it comes to eating and we will have plenty of time to watch this and you will be an ocean dweller soon enough so lets go and eat shall we? Galia spoke next. Do you think father could be on one of these videos? Hanna looked into her eyes of tears and said I think we are going to find a lot of videos of your parents here dear Galia and there may even be clues as to where they are today. Now that we may know passwords to other files we shall see. Hanna closed the file for now and they all went up and closed the lab and walked to the house. It was getting dark out as they all came in to hear Hattie and Jeanette laughing about something. “Ah here you are now, let’s eat then.”

After a great tasting dinner and joyous conversation, Megan and Galia were both anxious to go back to the lab and see their mother. Hattie and Jeanette were busy cleaning up and said they would continue to stay in the house. They had become very close, just like sisters and seemed to have so much to talk about and share. It was like they had been apart for along time and were just now reuniting as two long lost sisters. They had been told about the video and the prospect of more with Marni and Jubel. Hanna and the girls went down to the lab and expected to spend hours studying the video and Marni’s research. Nathan and Devlin took the truck and headed down to Hattie and Jeanette’s to check on things and gather some extra things for the night. On their way to the store and cottage Nathan asked Devlin if he and Megan had gotten married or bonded the previous night at the beach. Devlin told him yes and how the dolphins had created the wedding or bonding as they both thought of it. Nathan was very glad in his spirit and understood that Megan would soon become an ocean dweller. They drove to the beach first and Devlin retrieved more water and took a deep swim. On their way back they stopped and picked up the extra things for the stay over at the farm. When they got back Nathan gave the signal with lights to let Hattie and Jeanette, know who it was.

Hanna, Megan and Galia sat in front of the computer screen and watched as Marni stood in front of the table that was in the middle of the room. She had beakers full of plants and fluids and a porcelain bowl with a pedestal. They could see a water tank in the background and turned to see it on a table against the far wall. It still had water in it but there was no sign of life in the tank. The video actually showed fish swimming around in it. They wondered what had become of the fish.

“Jubel and I discovered that by using the DNA from The mangrove rivulus
Fish, the transformation of the human would make it easier for the human to
Live on the land for longer periods of time before having to go back to the
ocean. “The mangrove rivulus (Kryptolebias marmoratus) is an excellent
model species for understanding the physiological mechanisms that fish use
in coping with extreme environmental conditions, particularly cutaneous
exchange during prolonged exposure to air.” “The mangrove rivulus can
spend up to 66 consecutive days out of water, which it typically spends
inside fallen logs, breathing air through its skin. It enters burrows created by
insects inside trees where it relaxes its territorial, aggressive behavior.
During this time, it alters its gills so it can retain water and nutrients, while
Nitrogen waste is excreted through the skin. The change is reversed once it
re-enters the water.” We also studied the Climbing Perch that came close to
overrunning Australia back in the late teens. As you can see we have
speciman’s of these fish and after some experimentation we were able to
connect the DNA from both into one.”
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

Hanna paused, the video and walked over to the fish tank. She stuck her hand into it and swirled it around. “Whatever fish your mother had in this tank are long gone I’m afraid. We are going to have to get our own.” Megan thought for a moment and then asked, where do we find these mangrove rivulus fish, I have never heard of them being on the main land of Australia, The Climbing Perch I have heard of and I read about an aquarium up in Cairns before the war, having a couple of them. I remember something about them being on some of the islands between Australia and New Guinea.” Hanna looked at her and then at Galia. “I remember these fish when I was living on the coast line of Brazil, they lived in the swamps where the mangrove forests were, and I seem to remember the indigenous folks doing something with them. I still have memories of wading into those forests and catching these critters, they weren’t very big but the folks would cook them.” Megan had stood and walked around the room looking at the jars of herbs or so she thought was in the jars. There were names of plants and what looked like dried fruits in the jars. “I have seen some of these names mentioned in the diary and the notes in these pages we have been studying have these plant names in the text.” “Yes dear girl, I believe your mother and father found some secrets about those plants and incorporated them into the formula. Let’s watch some more of the video; I do believe your mother is showing us how to make the potion; this gets more interesting by the minute. It is clear that we will have to get DNA from possibly both of the fish your mother is talking about and I suspect she is going to tell how to connect it all.” Hanna moved back to the computer and clicked the play button once more.

“Jubel and I spent time out in the bush with the indigenous folk and
they showed us what kind of plants and herb’s to use for so many different
ailments and other things very useful for the human beings. We were
introduced to a group of people that had deep blue eyes. Carl, our dear
friend, told us they were the star people. We were given prepared teas or
brews that took us into other places. I can only try to explain these places
as different planes and worlds or even possible dimensions. The Star people
knew right away what I was working on, what I was trying to accomplish.
One man sat with us when we were taken into the “dreamtime” as it was called,
this is as real as this plane we live on here, and showed us the different
plants and herbs to use and how to mix them and add to other parts of the ingredients.
This is more or less explained cryptically in my notes of the diary but this video
is being made to show exactly how to make the brew or potion for a human to take
that will ultimately change the human structure to become an ocean dweller, if you will.
Neither of us has taken this potion at this time but after we made it the first time,
one of the star people took it and the change was amazing. The man grew the gills
inside of 24 hours and was able to breathe under water and live on the land for long periods of time.
That was our only test and it must be noted that this man showed no ill effects
and it was shown that he could completely communicate with the mammals of the oceans.
I have to think that the star people could always communicate with all life forms
but we were shown by this man, how it worked. I must tell you at this point,
Jubel and I were taken to a world in the dreamtime that was mostly inhabited with Dolphins
and other sea living mammals. We were asked how their families were doing on this plane of existence and planet.”

Hanna reached over and hit the pause button again. She looked at the girls and noticed they were both completely mesmerized by their mother’s video. Megan turned slowly to face Hanna and said “mother is saying that she and father did not take this but rather one of the blue eyed people did and it worked. Hanna, are you sure this is going to work on me? I am not one of these star people and our physiology could be completely different.” “My dear girl, your mother seems to be quite confident of this and it is so fortunate that she and your father met these people. If we had met these people when I was working on this in the States there may have been a complete different outcome and I can’t help but think it would not have been so positive at that time. That leads me to believe that we were not meant to meet the Star people at that time. Your mother and father were not doing this under the watchful eyes and control of a government, thank the Creator.” “Father and mother were working for a government research facility and I am sure it had something to do with giving humans the capability to live in the oceans. However, mom and dad were doing things on their own out here and the government did not know about this lab.”

Hanna understood that Marni and Jubel, because of their brilliant minds, had been conscripted into the secret operations of the government as she had and both of them had managed to evade the snooping of the controlling military intelligence arm. She had suspected that the reason they had left in such a hurry and left their children with Hattie was because the intelligence force had perhaps found out that they were experimenting beyond the governments control and had possibly stole secret files. This was exactly how it all happened with her and she barely was able to escape with her life with Devlin in her womb. She touched the play button and they all watched as Marni explained that the formula that was written in the diary really did not work.

“I am going to make this potion that the star people showed me on this
video and it can only be seen here. The diary just has a false formula written
inside it, however for someone that knows me will be able to perhaps access
this lab and the file that shows the real organic ingredients. All of those
brains at the secret labs of the military fail to understand that man made
chemicals can do actually nothing but destroy life. I certainly feel that is
why the world is in such a sorry state. The Creator gives us everything we
need to live and change and learn to grow naturally on this world. This is
how it is on other planes, worlds, dimensions I suspect. So Jubel and I
figured this out. Megan, I suspect you are the one that will figure out how to
access this file. You already know how to get into the lab and you must
bring Galia with you. She is the only one that will know my passwords.”

Hanna hit the pause button once more and looked at both the girls. “Your mother is very crafty. If anyone would have gotten their hands on this diary other than you Megan, They would be totally lost. Your mother did this on purpose although I think she put enough reality in these pages that you would eventually figure out the truth and now look, here you both sit as she tells you and shows you the truth.” Megan looked at her and said “there are some truths in there because I have been able to read and decipher certain things.” “Yes, I suspect there are a lot of truths of things your mother wrote and explained to you in the book however this transformation of the human physiology into an air and water breathing mammal and that organic cloaking business are most likely diversions with false parts.” “So it seems that mom and dad discovered the pure organic ways to do these things. You know, now that I look at the other things mom talked about and showed me how to do are all organic in nature.” “Shall we see how your mother assembles the ingredients and what she actually uses?” Both girls shook their heads exuberantly. Hanna started to resume the play when Devlin and Nathan both came into the lab. Devlin had carried down two five gallon containers of sea water and set them down. “I have two more 5 gallon containers and we can fill a bathtub with it so you can immerse yourself mother.” Hanna had to smile about that and thought what a wonderful and thoughtful boy. “Thank you Devlin that is very considerate of you and I will need to do that. Did you get to go into the ocean?” “Yes I did and I can go at least another 24 hours with the help of drinking the sea water. So I can take the water up to the house and get that tub full for you when you are ready.” Nathan spoke up and said “Hattie and mother have asked if anyone would like some homemade Ice cream, her and mother have been making it for the last hour or so I gather.” That invitation for both a good dip and the ice cream seemed like a great time to take a break so Hanna did not resume the play and both girls thought the same. They all moved up to the house.

Return to “Express yourself”