Story of fiction and fantasy and science fiction

''Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.''
-Bruce Lee
LostNFound

Re: Story of fiction and fantasy and science fiction

Post by LostNFound »

54 HATTIES GIFT

Hattie and Jeanette had been in frenzy mode since Nathan and Galia told them that they were ready to have a wedding. They both knew that Nathan and Galia had bonded but having a physical wedding was a wonderful treat and as mothers have always tended to do on such occasions, the two sisters, mothers were preparing for the best coming together for their children. Galia had told them both that she was pregnant and that made the occasion even more filled with joy. Hattie opened up her second storage room in the basement and looked through the clothes that had been stored for years now. She found the perfect dress for Galia and took it up stairs. She was going to ask Galia to come and look at it. The dress had been hers when she was the same age as Galia and she was going to marry a young man. The wedding never happened so the dress was stored away by her mother and after her experiences in the greater world she came back and retrieved it. She was sure that it would fit Galia rather well and if need be she could alter it. Galia had a slim waist and stood about the same height as Hattie did back then. Galia’s Ginger blond/red hair was perfect. Hattie’s hair color was almost the same and the emerald green dress would look so lovely on the young girl. It would accent her clear green eyes.

As she unpacked the dress from the bag, her first touch of the material made her remember the young man she was going to marry. He was just a little over 2 meters in height and had long blond hair. He was a surfer and her first encounter with him had been on the Gold coast. She remembered falling in love with him at first sight and when she finally met him, it seemed that he had the same feelings for her. She had spent the entire summer with him as he traveled the coasts to enter all the tournaments of surfing. They had planned to get married in the early fall and she and him were going to start college at the winter semester. Her mother was ecstatic and so doting over her. It was one month before their wedding when Bobby had to do his last tournament. He could not miss the big waves and so left without her. He told her he would be back within a week. She knew the coast he was going to and how deadly the waves could be but she would not keep him from doing what he loved. Three days later she received the notice from his dad, telling her that Bobby had been killed in a freak accident while surfing. She spent the next 3 weeks mourning and met another young man that was heading for South America. He wanted her to come along and she was so vulnerable at the time she just up and left with him. She remembered how torn apart it caused her mother and father to be. She had to turn off those memories as she laid the dress on her bed. She was in tears and had to sit down. Jeanette called to her and came down the hall to her bedroom. She rushed in when she saw Hattie crying and they both just sat as the feelings surfaced.

Hattie called Galia and asked her to stop by when they were heading into Paradise. Galia told her they would come down in about an hour. Jeanette saw the dress lying on the bed and wanted to see it hanging. The color was a darker shade of emerald green and when she touched it, the material was very light. Hattie grabbed a hanger and Jeanette helped her place the dress on it. Hattie had a hanger pole on her wall that swiveled out and she hung the dress on it. Jeanette’s eyes were joyous; the dress was a full length garment. When she had touched the material and felt the lightness of it, she knew it would be perfect for the spring weather. It almost felt like velour in texture but was not as heavy as that would be. The entire dress was as one piece although where the skirt part began it was of a lace material that flowed like a water fall. The V- shaped bodice had two lacy straps that fit over the shoulders and ended in the top bosom cut away part. She could see the slenderness of the dress and knew that Galia’s Ginger, blond/red hair and her clear sparkling green eyes would be accentuated to absolute perfection. The back of the dress was just as exquisite as the front. The shoulder straps crossed in an x pattern and connected to the lower bodice. The back was open except for the crossed straps.

Hattie heard the truck pull up and looked out the rear window of her bedroom. She could see Galia getting out and turned to Jeanette. “Go down and tell Galia to come up and if you don’t mind, keep Nathan busy until I bring Galia back down. Jeanette understood and hurried out. Hattie took a brush to the dress and began to straiten out any wrinkles that had occurred over the years of storage. Her mother had stored the dress in a perfect sealed condition so it would not receive any damage and it looked as if it had just been bought except for the few wrinkles. She was brushing the water fall lower lace material when Galia came in and stood silent. Hattie turned and saw the smile on the girls face. “Well come closer, missy, I figured this dress would be just right for your get together or wedding as we shall call it.” Galia slowly walked over and touched the dress. The feeling she got almost right away was one of mystery. The material was very smooth and she could feel the lightness of it. She could feel a joy as she ran her hand across the material. The color was one of her favorites. “Where did you get this, Hattie?” “Oh, I had it shipped from Glasgow when I was just about your young age, lassie. My mother about through a fit but she fell in love with it because she wanted me to get married.”

“This dress feels very ancient Hattie.” “Yes, well the design is from the ancient times and I did get a booklet with it that told me how to store it when not in use and something about it being very ancient. I was told by the owner of the antique shop that he had read in some history book that the Taylor had woven some very ancient material into this one. I do not know if that is a for sure, but I was young and naïve back then and full of all sorts of fantasy’s. He did charge an extra bit for this one and when my marriage did not pan out, my mother wanted me to send it back. I did not want to do that and begged her to store it for me and soon after I left on my adventurous life. It was quite the thing when I finally came back to find that my mother had actually stored it and she did a wonderful job of doing that. I think she was always hoping that I would get married sooner than later.” “Oh Hattie, this is your dress and it was made for you. I could not take your memories away.” Hattie sat down on her bed and stared into the distance. Galia came over and sat next to her. She wrapped an arm around her and just sat quiet.

Hattie finally spoke after a few minutes of quietness. She turned and looked into Galia’s clear green eyes with a stern but smiling look. “Now you listen to me lass, I had my first chance and first love to marry and I surely was going to, his name was Bobby. He was taken to another place and it set me on a long learning experience that I came to realize was meant for me. The second Bobby came into my life after those journeys to foreign places and we never did get married but we loved each other. This dress was meant for you; now don’t go getting all sentimental with me about my dress and experiences in life. I always had a feeling that this dress was meant for the future. Funny how something from so far in the past can be caught and used for a future time. You know when your mom and dad left you and Megan with me it was as if you both were destined to me and my destiny was to see that you both were raised as if I was your mom. Don’t get me wrong, Your mom was such a lovely lady and she was raising you both rightly but there come that time when she had to let you both go or see you hurt, perhaps even destroyed in some way, so here I was and being the lady she was, she gave you both to me to help bring up. So don’t give me any nonsense and accept this gift of love for your wedding, your reunion, and your complete connections.”

“I think Jeanette has something planned for Nathan. I know your party is not for another month yet so you must come by tomorrow and see how this fits. I can take it in if need be. You’re such a skinny girl but you sure are beautiful.” Galia had tears in her eyes but they were joyous and she hugged Hattie tightly. “I will come down tomorrow, Nathan is doing some work in the barn and he said something about going out to the meadow and fixing some things. I really hope it does not rain on the wedding day because that is where we want to have the party, as you call it.” “Okay sweetie, I know you and Nathan are going to Paradise to pick up some things so let’s get you down there.”
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

55 THE KELLY FAMILY

The General store had grown over the years since the war and now was like the old big super box stores that were prevalent in the early teens of the 21st century. The main big box held bulk foods and clothing and all sorts of other odds and ends. Surrounding this large box store were other buildings that surrounded the center store in a hub shape. These outer stores with yards were farm and ranch equipment sales such as tractors and trucks along with implements. There was a large hardware store with yards full of building materials. One could purchase any type of tool for any job. There was also a yard and store where one could purchase steel and other metals. One of the Hubs was a giant feed store and there was a cement block plant with it’s yards full of blocks. The people had come together after the war and decided to make a one stop shop for the people that lived in the town and around the outskirts. Many started the small farms and some had large ranches and it seemed that everyone participated in keeping the economy thriving. The docks were not that far away and there was a rail system that ran from the docks and made a circle around the hub of stores. The town folk had created an open market atmosphere where the farmers could sell their organic foods and farm animals. The entire atmosphere was one of very enthusiastic community spirit. Today was a normal business day and so the busy shuffling of shopping was in full swing.

Nathan dropped Galia off at the open market and pulled the truck over to the lumber yard. He was going to begin purchasing the material to build trellises on the knoll and around the perimeter for the folks that would attend the wedding. He had no idea how many would attend but he figured to at least have one full circle around the knoll for shade and if need be some protection from inclement weather. He figured once he got a good start of material for the trellises he would go to the feed store and get the good grains and hay for the Pigs, goats, horse’s and cow and the good chicken pellets. Within the last few months he had dug a good pond in the southwestern part of the big field and it seemed to fill with water. He figured that there may be an underground spring or something in that particular area because it always seemed to be wet. After he had dug it, a flock of ducks came and decided to make it a second home. He did not know where they come from but Thomas and Helga told him that the ducks loved their pond also. The chickens were always chasing the ducks away from their feeding ground around the pond and it seemed like a never ending ground war now. It was kind of funny because none of them ever really hurt each other. The pigs loved the new pond and one part of it had a good mud pit that they loved to wallow in.

Nathan was looking at the 2 x materials for trellis material when two boys ran around the bunks of 2x4’s and almost crashed into him. “Whoa, there” he said. The two boys stopped abruptly and stared into Nathan’s eyes. The younger one, or so it seemed to Nathan, stuck out his hand as he moved close enough to shake hands with Nathan and said “Pardon us mister we did not mean to disrupt you.” Nathan looked at the youngster with a smile and took his hand. “No disruption young man, you should be careful running around out here, wouldn’t want to see you get hurt.” He grasped the boy’s hand and continued. “My name is Nathan.” He said that with an inquisitive look as it he expected the boy to tell him his name. Lonny looked at the man or very young man as he appeared to be and while continuing to shake his hand said “my name is Lonny and this here is my brother Henry, we are of the family that lives on the Harmony farm just on the other side of the Hervey range mountain pass.” Nathan shook the boy’s hand for another moment and said “pleased to meet you both. Is Harmony your last name then?” “No that is just the name of our farm, we are the Kelly family. Our father and his two brothers are over in the block area. We are going to add onto our barn this summer.” Nathan kept his smile and said “well then I and my”, he started to say wife but instead said “fiancé, soon to be my wife, are the Landers and our farm is called the Comet.” “Hey that’s a cool name for a farm. Sounds like you’re gonna have a wedding?” “Yes we certainly are.” Henry said “nice to meet you Mr. Landers but Lonny and I have to get back to father, let’s go Lonny.” Lonny took one last look at Nathan and said the oddest thing or at least it would seem that way to most folks. “I’m glad to see that you can fly.” And with that turned and followed his brother.

Galia was wondering through the fresh fruits and vegetable aisle under the canopies and umbrella’s, looking for some specific squash and other tuber type plants when the little girl bumped her. She turned and looked down at the blond haired child. “I’m sorry, I did not mean to bump you” she said to the child. The child looked up at her and smiled. “You shouldn’t be the one to apologize; it was me that bumped you.” Galia just smiled and started to ask where the girl’s mother might be but the little girl reached out and took her hand and tugged her to follow. Galia was surprised but followed the child as she moved through the people in the main aisle or walkway. The child walked up to a woman that was examining some cookware at one of the booths and touched her. Debra turned around and looked at Rene’. “There you are”, and then she looked into Galia’s eyes. It took her a moment to speak and she finally said “Galia Weatheral? It has been along time.” Galia looked at Debra Petrovski with a surprise also. “Miss Petrovski, it has been along time, is this your daughter?” “Yes she is and isn’t she beautiful. Rene’, how did you find Galia and how is it you have brought her over here?”

Galia had to giggle as she looked down at Rene’ “Rene’ what a pretty name.” Rene’ looked up into Galia’s eyes and said “Your babies are coming sooner than you think and they will be connected to the children of Paradise.” Galia was taken aback at that comment and bent down to look straight into Rene’s eyes. “How is it that you know that I am pregnant?” Debra was also surprised but knowing who Rene’ was and all the things she and the other children could do made her pause before she said “Rene’ you should be more polite with folks. How did you know that Galia is Pregnant?” Galia stood up straight and asked in a quiet voice if they could go somewhere a little less busy. Debra looked around and said “Yes we can go over to the outdoor café and get a bite to eat if you are hungry?” “That would be great” and they all three took off walking for the café.

They found a table with an umbrella that was on the outskirts of the café area and sat down. After ordering a light lunch, Debra asked her daughter once more. “How did you know that Galia is with child?” Rene’ looked at her mother and moved her gaze to Galia as she chewed on the fresh baked roll. Galia could see and hear her mind thoughts as she waited to finish chewing. “Your babies spoke to me in the dreamnet last night.” Debra was not surprised by that answer but did not know if Galia understood what the dreamnet was. She kept still and looked at Galia for her response. “Dreamnet, I have heard of such a place, do you travel there with the star people? I have been told that they go to a place, through the dreamnet, that is called dreamtime.” It was Rene’s turn to look surprised. “So you have met the star people or the blue eyes, as we have come to know them?” Galia was enjoying the knowledge this little girl had and she reminded her of how she was at her age. “My fiancé and I have met a small family that travels across our farm as they walk from the ocean to the western lands over the mountains. There is one that is called Jannali and he knows my parents and my sister and her husband as well as his mother.”

Debra had to smile and then giggle. “So, perhaps you have met Nick Green also?” Galia took a bite of the salad she had ordered and contemplated Debra’s question while she chewed on the green peppers and lettuce. “No I don’t believe we have met. Is he your husband?” This time Rene’ had to giggle. Debra held herself in check and said “No he is not. He is the one that started the dreamnet and introduced it to the children and then more of us as time went on. My husband and his two brothers are over at the block yard buying materials to build onto our barn. Our two sons are with them.” Galia had to be quite surprised this time and had to ponder how Deb Petrovski had become involved with such a big family. Rene’ could not be more than 7 or 8 years old and it had been maybe 8 or 9 years since she last saw the teacher and she was not married then. Her and Megan had been taken out of the school back then and never went back. Their mother had home schooled them until she and father had to leave and then Hattie had continued to teach them. “Are you still teaching then?” Debra wasn’t sure how to answer that question and said “well yes and no. Once the children began to learn through the dreamnet, I became more of a student myself but we do continue to teach each other and now the real school is held on the farm. The parents even come and learn and we have such a wonderful time.”
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

Galia was very happy for Debra and Rene’ was such a delight. She was thinking about inviting them to her and Nathan’s wedding when two little boys came walking up to the table. “We looked all over for you and Rene’ so here you are eating lunch. We sure could use some food. Running around this place can be exhausting.” “Well then I guess you ought to sit down and figure out what you would like to eat.” She turned to Galia and said “These are my two sons” and she touched Lonny first and said “this is Lonny and this is Henry.” She then said “boys this is Galia.” Lonny being the one that was always the most inquisitive and straightforward said “nice to meet you Galia is that sort of an old Scottish name?” Debra had to say at that moment “Lonny, you really must mind your manners.” Lonny looked at her and then back to Galia and said “I’m sorry; I did not mean to pry or be rude.” Galia had to giggle while putting her hand over her mouth. “Not to worry Lonny, you have rightly surmised that my name is of the old Scottish culture. My parents were both born in Scotland as my older sister and I were.” Lonny turned to Debra and then back to Galia and said “you have an accent that suggests you are from that country.”

The boys found two chairs and sat down. “Where is your father and brothers or uncles?” Debra inquired, “They should be hungry by now I suspect.” Henry said “they were loading the truck with block and father asked us to go and find you and Rene’.” “Is he going to need the pickup also?” He did not say.” Debra went silent for a moment and then said “well they are on their way here and we will take the pickup to the feed store after they have eaten something.” She had spoke directly to the boys and then turned to Galia and asked if she could stay awhile longer to meet her husband and his two brothers. Galia had received a thought from Nathan, asking where she might be and she had told him to come to the outdoor café for a bite to eat before they continued their shopping. “Yes, I would really like to meet your husband and my fiancé is on his way also so we can all meet each other.

Nathan had loaded the truck with the lumber and tied it all down. He had bought a keg of screws to attach everything together and planned to take it all down after the party. He was going to build a Gazebo in the back yard for Galia and their new baby. He had taken the truck over to the feed store and loaded the hay and grains and was getting ready to find Galia when he heard her speak in his mind. She told him where she was and asked him to come and eat some lunch. He was thinking of the two boys that almost ran over him while he was looking at the lumber bunks in the yard earlier. Now that he had time for more reflection, he remembered the youngest boy that called himself Lonny, saying that he and his brother were from the Harmony farm. His thoughts kicked in and now he remembered Jannali speaking of visiting the place called Harmony. The rather odd thing the boy said to him as he was leaving slammed to the fore front of his thoughts, “I’m glad to see that you can fly.” That single phrase made him think that the boy may have the same abilities as he and Galia and then he wondered about the Harmony farm and the folks that lived there.

He parked the truck in the big parking lot and began to walk the open market area heading toward the café Galia spoke to him about. As he moved into the main walk aisle three men entered the same time and he was pushed into one by someone that seemed to be in a big hurry and bumped him. He fumbled to keep from falling while the man grabbed him and steadied his forward movement. Leif had been thrown off kilter himself but managed to stop and steady Nathan. “Whoa there young man no sense in hurting yourself on such a fine day.” Nathan righted himself and looked at the tall Norseman. “I’m sorry about that mister, guess there are always people in a hurry and for some reason or not they don’t pay attention to others around them. Thank you for keeping me from falling to the pavement.” Leif reached out his big calloused hand and said “names Leif, Leif Kelly.” Nathan grasped the man’s hand and shook. “I’m Nathan Landers.” Leif smiled and said “good solid hand shake you got there Nathan, looks and feels like you do a lot of work with your hands.”

Nathan had to smile himself, this man emanated a very friendly demeanor and he always liked to meet folks that were thoughtful and friendly. The man had said his last name was Kelly and that brought the encounter with the two boys earlier back to the fore front. Leif turned to the other two men that had closed in because the throngs of people were moving in a hurry it seemed. These are my two brothers, Otto and Johansson. We live on the Harmony farm.” Nathan’s mind was buzzing with these men’s last name and the name of their farm. He shook Otto’s hand first and then Johansson’s. “I am glad to meet you; I think I met your two boys earlier today. They bumped into me in the lumber yard and introduced themselves, is Lonny and Henry your children?” The big man with the brown hair and heavy European accent that reminded Nathan of a Slavic culture spoke up and said “yes those two boys are my sons and brothers to Leif and Johansson.” Nathan was a bit confused but decided to just say “and fine boys they are. I am very glad to meet other farmers. I have a farm of my own and my fiancé and I are always looking for advice from other folks that have farms. I think maybe you have met the star people?” All three men were surprised by that question and spoke in the mind about this young man knowing about the star people.

Do you think he knows Jannali? Not sure but it is clear that he knows about the star people. Nathan watched all three men appear to gaze at each other and thought to himself that he might have stirred something in these men. He decided to take a chance with a direct question because of what Lonny had said to him when he was leaving. He spoke in a quiet voice to the three and thought it would better to find a more secluded place to talk with the men rather than cause a commotion to the main crowd that were bustling by. “Can we find a place where we could talk that is more secluded than this, I have many questions that I would like to ask that may not be for all ears?” Otto looked at him and then the other two and said “we are heading to the café to meet with my wife and the three children; we could talk there if you have time and we can all get a bite to eat. Will you join us then?” “Yes, I am on my way there to meet with my fiancé so it appears we all have a mutual destination.”

They all took the side aisle off the main walk course and made their way through the vendors until they came to the big outdoor café area. Otto stopped and looked around for Debra. He knew she would be sitting on the outskirts because she did not like crowds. He always wondered how she could come to this big bazaar and cope. He finally spotted her and the children sitting at a table that was on the far western boundary of the tables. He could clearly see the children and that always made him smile. He saw the ginger haired woman sitting with them and wondered about who she might be. Nathan was standing next to Otto and looking for Galia when Otto said “Ah there they are and began to walk toward the west. He had been gazing around and then looked where Otto had pointed to and saw Galia sitting with the children and a woman. This was becoming more curious by the moment. All these chance meetings today seemed to be connecting.
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

All four of them walked to the table. Leif and Johansson moved to an empty table and proceeded to move it closer to the one that Debra and the children were sitting at. They all kept looking at the young ginger haired woman that was sitting at the same table. Otto bent down and kissed Debra and said “I see you boys found your way alright.” Nathan walked around and did the same with Galia. When he bent down and kissed her he said “it looks like we were meant to meet these folks today.” Galia pushed her chair over and Leif slid another chair over for Nathan to sit down. “This must be your fiancé then?” Nathan looked at him with a big smile, “yes she is and these must be the children and Mrs. Kelly?” They all found seats around the tables and a waitress showed up a few minutes later and took their orders. Debra introduced Galia to Otto and the two brothers and Galia introduced Nathan. The three children seemed to be most interested in Nathan and Galia as they ate the lunches that had been delivered. Lonny was sitting closest to Nathan and Nathan could feel the boy’s thoughts bouncing off of his mind. The little girl, Rene’ seemed to pay close attention to Galia while the other boy appeared to be thoroughly involved in his meal.

After everyone finished eating, Otto and his two brothers looked around to see if it was safe to talk without others hearing their conversation. Otto looked at Nathan and said in quiet voice “you said you have questions and I think we are in a secluded enough place that you may ask some of them.” Nathan looked straight at Lonny first and said “when you first saw me earlier at the lumber yard, you made the comment when you left that you were glad to see that I could fly. So I have to ask in return, what do you mean by me being able to fly?” Everyone looked at Lonny at that moment. All the Kelly’s were smiling and Galia new almost immediately what Lonny was going to say. Lonny had to look around at his family and received a head nod from Otto and Debra to answer Nathan. Without further ado, Lonny spoke quietly enough so that only the family and the two guests could hear. “I know you can levitate which we call flying and Miss Galia can also do this.” Nathan had to smile then as well as Galia. “Well then, that would insinuate that you also can levitate or fly” and he swung his gaze around the table at the entire family of Kelly’s. Lonny was not one to be embarrassed or quiet. “Yes we are a family of flyers, and I feel that you both can do many other things.” Galia started to speak but Rene’ beat her to the punch. “Lonny, you know that we are not supposed to invade other people’s thoughts unless invited or given an avenue about others lives.” She stood up and walked around the table to stand next to Galia. “Please forgive my brother, he is quite open and does not mean to invade your inner beings without first being invited. I think he could feel Nathan this morning and there was no one around that could have heard or even understood what he said.”

Galia had to giggle which in turn caused Rene’ and the others to snicker and smile. “Well, since you have talked with my babies and they have spoken with you, I suspect that is an invitation. Might you also be able to speak in the mind thoughts?” Debra spoke to Rene’ in her mind and said She can hear your thoughts and she can talk to you that way so give her permission like you do for all of us. Rene’ felt the true warmth of love from her mother and as she looked into Galia’s eyes she felt it from her also. She reached out with her telepathy and said yes I can speak in the mind and you are welcome to speak to me in the mind also. Our family can do this as we have all learned. Galia was very pleased to hear the girl’s thoughts and spoke to her in the telepathic way. She told her that Nathan and her both could do this and had always been able to do it.

Henry had sat quietly while every one talked about the farms and the special gifts they all seemed to have. He heard the talk in the minds and knew that the other children at the school as well as many grown ups could communicate this way and Nick Green, along with Kyra and others had started the healing centers and more and more people were learning and using the dreamnet. He had picked up on Nathan’s thoughts about his and Galia’s up coming wedding and his thoughts about building the lattice structures in a big meadow when they first bumped into him in the lumber yard. Since they had all come together for lunch, he did not hear any talk about a wedding or building the structures. He had learned so much about carpentry work from Leif and he and Leif were always doing that sort of work on the farm. He wanted to know if Nathan could use some help building the lattice structures, and he really wanted to ask about the wedding/party. He was being very shy about asking such questions and it seemed that everyone else was doing all the talking. Leif, who was sitting next to him, turned and spoke into his mind. Is there something wrong, little brother, you seem to be very preoccupied with other thoughts. I’m okay Leif I was just thinking about Nathan and Galia’s wedding and how Nathan is going to build something for the party. I think these two people are already married or bonded but they are going to have a big party. Yes little brother, I have had my own thoughts about this. You and I could help Nathan build the structures if he asks and if we all are invited to their party but we should not pry, it is not polite.

Galia had spoke to Nathan in his mind only and said that they should invite this wonderful family to the party. I think that farmers should all come together. You must notice that there are many more farmers around these parts now than ever before. Yes my love we should do just that and perhaps we can visit their farm that is called Harmony. I told Lonny this morning that our farm is called Comet. Well now isn’t that a fitting name. Hattie will love it and Megan will also. I am in hope that they will show up soon so we can tell them about our babies and this party we are having. Yes, it will be a wondrous occasion for all. You can announce our party to these folk and extend the invitation. I think it will be so much fun for them to come. So my vision is coming true then, you are having two babies and in my vision they were both girls. Yes love, I wasn’t sure but Rene’ has confirmed it.

Galia looked around the table at the Kelly’s and smiled. “I must tell you all what a pleasant surprise it is to meet you. Nathan and I are planning a wedding of sorts or a big party to celebrate our bonding and we would like to invite all of you.” Debra took Otto’s hand and they both looked at Galia and Nathan with big smiles. “We would love to come to your wedding/party, can you tell us when it will happen and where it will be held?” “Oh yes, we have planned a day for next month, It will be on the 21st. It will be held in our big meadow on the Comet farm.” Johansson smiled and said “so the Harmony farm and the Comet farm, that will be quite the get together.” Everyone had to give a joyous laugh about that comment. Henry had perked up when Galia had invited them to the wedding. His thoughts of helping Nathan build the lattice structures almost jumped from his mouth. “Could you use some help with the preparations, Nathan?” Nathan looked at the boy and had to smile himself. “Well it would seem you might know something of my thoughts? It was meant as an open invitation for help” and he continued. “Would you” and he looked directly at Leif, “like to talk about what I have in mind?” Henry and Leif both said yes at the same time and Leif said “we could come over to your place tomorrow if that is okay?”

Rene’ stood up and walked around the table again to stand at Galia’s side. “Can I be your flower girl?” Galia reached around and hugged her. “Yes you can be my flower girl and I would be so happy.” Rene’ hugged her back and said “there could be more than one of us.” “That would be great; I have a feeling that there will a good amount of people at this joyous occasion.” Lonny walked over to Nathan and looked into his eyes. “I would be much honored to be your ring bearer.” Nathan could feel the love emanate from this boy as his heart welled with love also. “You will be my ring bearer then.” Galia looked at Debra and asked if she and Rene’ could come to Hattie’s store on Pace Rd tomorrow. Debra’s eyes lit up, “You mean Hattie McGreggor’s store?” Galia was surprised that Debra knew Hattie’s last name. “Yes, the one and only Hattie McGreggor. May I ask where you know her from?” “Well yes Hattie was one of the first good friends I met when I started teaching in Paradise after the war. She would always bring things to the school house for the children. I know where her store is so your farm must on that road also?” “Yes we live further up the Plantation Road. Lunch had come to an end and everyone stood to go back to what they needed to do at the big market. They all said their farewells and Nathan had planted pictures of the farm into all of their minds as did Leif with the Harmony farm into his and Galia’s mind.
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

56 ANTIQUES AND RELICS

Nathan had barrowed the small tractor and trailer from Earl Robertson and was loading the materials in the trailer for the lattice structure he planned to build when the flatbed truck came up the driveway. He could see other materials tied down on the back and then recognized Leif and Henry in the cab. Him and Galia had eaten an early breakfast and fed all the animals. He had planned to get a good start on the ring of lattice structure around the knoll. He was going to build a Pergola on the top of the knoll and make some steps out of logs leading up to it. Galia had taken the truck down to Hattie’s and said she would be spending a good part of the day there. She had prepared a rather large lunch for him and Leif and Henry because she knew they would be coming over. Nathan waved at the two as they drove up and continued to load the trailer. Leif and Henry both jumped out and began to help him load the materials. “We brought some additional materials for your project. Henry figured you would need more than he saw on your truck yesterday.”

When Galia pulled the truck up to the storage building she saw Jeanette walking the path to the store. She jumped out of the truck and joined her as they both walked to the back door. When they entered Galia saw Hattie setting at the counter, looking in a very somber mood. Jeanette walked behind the counter and poured herself and Galia a cup of hot water and put some tea in each cup. Galia had sat next to Hattie and asked her if something was wrong. Hattie looked up at Jeanette and then at Galia and said “no dear girl, I am just having old memories of happiness and sadness. That dress you are going to wear started me off yesterday and it seems that all sorts of memories are resurfacing of my past life. I have such fond memories of my first Bobby and how we were going to be married and the tragic accident that took him away.” Jeanette asked her if she would like another cup of hot tea and Hattie shook her head yes. “Well I suppose we should make some breakfast” and she turned to Galia, “you hungry missy?” Galia said “I ate earlier; Nathan and I both ate before we fed the animals but I could eat some of your fresh baked bread that is always good for a second bite.” They were finishing up the meal and talking about happy moments in their lives when they heard the front door chimes. Hattie smiled and said “well looks like we got some customers already.” She glanced at the time piece on the wall and said “I’ll get this one if you both will clear the dishes up, I’ll be back as soon as whoever came in this early in the morning is taken care of.”

Debra had asked Leif to drop her and Rene’ off about a mile from the store so they could walk on such a bright morning. Spring was beginning to come in like gang busters and they both wanted to see the baby plants up close. It was still quite early but the sun had raised above the ocean to the east enough to give wondrous light to everything. Rene’ had looked for fresh flowers to pick to give to Miss Hattie as she had known her from earlier encounters and knew that she liked flowers. There were some in early bloom and there were some late winter flowers that were very nice still so she had gathered a good bouquet by the time they reached the store. Debra wasn’t sure if the store was open yet but when they climbed the front steps she could see the open sign so they walked through the door. No one was in the front but she could hear voices coming from the back of the store. Rene’ started looking for a vase to put the flowers in and wandered off down one of the isles. Debra moved to the cash register counter and began looking at a tree of post cards while waiting for Hattie or whoever was tending the store to show up.

Hattie came through the center isle and saw the woman standing at the post card tree. As she walked to the cash register counter she said “well now, looks like you are an early bird, how can I help you?” Debra plucked out a rather nice post card that showed one of the more lovely beaches up the coast from Paradise and turned around. Hattie froze just as she was starting to go behind the counter and with a big surprise on her face said “Oh my stars, Debra Petrovski” and held out her arms to hug Debra. Debra hugged her and they both said, “It has been awhile” to each other. Hattie asked “what brings you out here I heard that you semi-retired or something and moved back to your parents old farm.” Debra had to smile and looked past her as Hattie started to ask more questions. Hattie stopped and saw where Debra was looking and slowly turned around. Rene’ was standing just behind her and holding a vase full of wild flowers. She had a big grin on her face and held out the vase to Hattie. “These are beautiful, another surprise, Rene’? it has been awhile since I saw you also, look at you, you are growing like a weed, albeit a beautiful one at that.” She sat the vase of flowers on the counter and bent down to hug Rene’.

Rene’ could not contain herself, “we came to help out with Galia’s wedding. I am going to be one of her flower girls. I know another that would really like to be one also.” Hattie stood up and giggled and then laughed. “Well then, shall we go and talk to Galia, I am fitting her wedding dress today.” “Oh yes, let’s do that.” Debra just smiled as they started to walk toward the back area. “How did you know about Galia and her wedding? I don’t recall her being in school, well maybe years ago.” “We saw her at the big market place yesterday, her and her fiancé.” When they came into the back area Galia and Jeanette where washing the dishes. There was a pot of water steaming on the stove and Rene’ hurried over and climbed up on one of the stools at the counter. Galia turned around and smiled. “Well you sure got here early.” “Yes we walked for awhile so I could pick some flowers.” Hattie stopped and turned around suddenly and hurried back out to the store. A moment latter she came back with the vase of flowers and said “aren’t these beautiful” and walked to the sink and put some water in the vase. Jeanette turned around and looked straight into Rene’s eyes and it seemed like they were mesmerized.

Jeanette spoke first; she spoke in the mind and by voice. “Saeleise (pron. Saylease), I did not think I would find you again.” Rene/Saeleise levitated herself off the stool and moved into Jeanette’s outstretched arms. “Darma, it has been so long and I have been back too many times looking for you.” Jeanette/Darma wrapped her arms around the little girl and they hugged each other tightly. Jeanette/Darma had lifted her body off the floor and the two were floating as they spun around in their hug. Hattie, Debra and Galia all were astonished and began to giggle. Galia understood that these two had been connected in another time or dimension. It was a reunion for them. Jeanette turned to all of them and said “my sister and I have finally found each other again. It has been an eon or so it seems and yet it was just now, funny how “time” can distort ones life, views, being.” Rene’ was giggling and laughing and parted herself from her sister. She began to dance in the air and the moment became a joyous occasion for all of them.

Hattie was anxious to see Galia try the dress on. If she had to take it in or do any alterations it would take time and Galia would have to be on hand to try it on. She knew the dress was an antique or relic so to speak so it would or could be next to impossible to add to and she really did not want to cut any material from the dress. She looked around at everybody and decided to place the closed sign on the store at least for a few hours because she knew that they all wanted to see Galia in her wedding dress. “Rene’ dear would you go and turn the sign around in the store and latch the door? We are all going to see this lovely girl try on her heritage.” The way Hattie said that made it seem like Galia may have been born into some kind of royalty of an ancient culture. Hattie took Galia up the stairs and said they would return shortly. Debra and Jeanette began to talk about the clothes for Nathan but they had to see Galia in her dress first. Rene’ mentioned that she and the other wedding party members would have to be dressed in the same theme. Jeanette already knew what the dress looked like and how the coming celebration was going to be but she kept the knowing to her self for now.
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

The dress was hanging on the wall pole when they walked into the room. Hattie looked at Galia and told her to get out of the spring dress she was wearing while she took the wedding dress down from the pole and laid it on the bed. Galia was not a shy person so to speak so she pulled her spring dress over her head and stood watching Hattie as she walked to a dresser and retrieved the only undergarment that would be worn with this dress. She laid the undergarment on the bed and looked at Galia. “I really hope this all fits; you are such a skinny girl.” Galia had to giggle at that and pointed at the undergarment. “Is that part of the dress?” “Yes dear, this is the only undergarment you need to wear with this dress. I see that is how you dress anyway with your spring and summer dresses you always seem to wear.” “It is always so much cooler Hattie, you know that.” “Yes dear, I myself always try to dress for coolness. Put this on and let’s see how it fits.” Galia pulled her own undergarment off and took the Emerald green undergarment and slid them on. The garment fit perfectly to her well shaped body. Hattie looked at her and shook her head. Ah it seems that was made for you” and she giggled. Galia had to giggle also and Hattie picked up the dress and stood in front of her. “You’re going to have to step into this.” Galia carefully stepped into the dress and Hattie helped pull it up. It took a few minutes to adjust the bodice and make sure the straps were crossed properly and finally Hattie stood back and looked at the ginger haired young woman. “Oh my goodness, that dress fits you like it was just made for you. I would say that there might have been an under blouse with this dress that most likely had long sleeves but for this spring wedding that should not be needed.”

As she stepped into the dress, Galia began to have flashes of another time when she stepped into this dress. The images flowed faster as Hattie adjusted the straps and smoothed out the lower skirt part. She was looking at the stone walls of a building and there was some sort of mirror in front of her. She stepped back and a woman stepped in front of her and was dressed in clothes that she couldn’t quite recognize. She heard the woman say, “The Tailor has done a fine job, you look beautiful miss "Gyel-AYSH". Your man Nathaniel will be very happy.” She turned sideways and saw Hattie smiling as she undid the pony tail that Galia had put her hair in earlier. “You have such beautiful hair and it should be worn in its full length. I can braid it to go with a crown of flowers.” Galia felt Hattie brush her hair and then the vision or image returned and she was looking in the mirror once again. She could see the woman or maid standing behind her and brushing her hair. “You know it may be windy in the forest today so I am going to braid your hair to hold the flowers. I see that Lord Nathaniel’s men have erected some sort of structure for you and him to stand under while you take your vows.” Galia could feel the dress as if it was becoming part of her. A complete tingling overtook her and she almost fainted. Hattie had to steady her and said “is something wrong, is this dress too tight?” Galia looked around and shook her head sideways. When she turned back around to the front she saw two little girls walk into the room with the stone walls. She started to say something and the image or vision dissipated. Hattie was still holding her and said “Let’s sit down for a minute young lady you are acting like you’ve seen a ghost.” Hattie helped her move to a chair and sit down. The dress seemed to reform to her position and felt comfortable.

“Hattie, I think I have worn this dress before. Where did you say you got it?” “Well I bought it from an antique clothing store in Glasgow when I was your age. I just happen to come across it in an old magazine I found and it seemed like the perfect dress for my wedding. I always did like antiques. I remember getting a small booklet with it when I purchased it. I don’t know what happen to it but when I first read it, the words said something about the dress being made for a noble or some such from the 12th or possibly the 13th century Scotland. I wasn’t so sure about the time period because as you see, this dress looks almost brand new although the material is quite old. I guess the best part of that booklet was how to store the garment while not being worn.” “Well right after you helped me get into it, something happened and it was as if I was in another time. The last vision I had, was of two little girls coming into the room I was in.” “That is very interesting dear. I never really got to try this dress on. I would have worn it if Bobby and I did get married but alas that was never meant to be. Perhaps I can dig around and find that booklet. I seem to remember that it gave a good write up of the history. Shall we go downstairs and show the others how beautiful you look?”

Jeanette and Debra had moved to the table that had been placed toward the back door. They could not see the stairs from this position and Rene’ was still sitting at the counter. She had gone outside earlier to pick some more flowers. Jeanette had told her to follow the path toward the cottage and she would find an abundance of wild flowers. She had come back in with a basket full and sat herself down at the counter and began to fiddle with the many colored flowers. Hattie and Galia started down the stairs and Hattie told her to be careful because the dress was a full length and she did not want Galia tripping on the material as she seemed to flow down the stairs. Galia had taken Hattie seriously and decided to levitate herself slowly down the stairs. The last few steps near the bottom opened up enough that Jeanette and Debra could see them. Rene’ had stopped fiddling with the flowers and watched Galia float to the floor. Jeanette and Debra had turned toward the stairs when they heard Hattie talking. Galia flowed to the floor and the dress seemed to shimmer. The long lacy skirt part moved like flowing water as she moved across the floor. The deeper emerald green gave the appearance of a deep green forest with sunlight shinning through the tree tops. Galia’s long ginger blond hair hung in rivulets down her front. One might call her a red head but the ginger with blond frost effect was so striking against the emerald green dress it was like a dream. Hattie had tied a thin black necklace ribbon around her throat that seemed to accent the dress even more so. The pleated, lace skirt part of the dress looked alive as she moved forward. Galia’s clear green eyes were accentuated so much that they shinned forth.

The entire scene before the two women and the little girl seemed like a fairy tale. It even appeared that there was some kind of light around Galia as she moved forward and stopped. She smiled and curtsied. Rene’ had hopped off the stool and now moved to just in front of Galia. She dropped to one knee and bowed her head and then stood back up. She held out her hands and presented a crown of flowers. She had actually made the crown while sitting at the counter. Galia knew immediately why Rene’ had asked to be her flower girl and positioned herself to one knee while looking at Rene’. Rene’ waited for the proper moment and moved closer to place the crown on Galia’s head. She gathered some of the braided locks of Galia’s hair and fiddled with them for a moment and then moved backwards. She made a slight sign to Galia to stand. Galia rose and everyone was amazed how the crown of flowers seemed to have grown around her heard. They were crafted in such a way as to look just like a part of her hair. Rene’ had woven her hair in such a way as to secure the crown perfectly. The colors were another accentuation and they all wondered how Rene’ knew what colors to pick to go with the dress when she had never seen it before.

Hattie knew that she was not going to alter the dress and it was a good thing. The dress did seem like it was made for Galia and there was something magical about it all. They all set their plans for the actual day of the wedding. Debra discussed the dresses for her and Rene’ and Jeanette listened with a very interested look. Hattie knew that she would have to dress in the same colors or at least an accent for the bridesmaids and then there were the pages and best man. Galia had not picked a brides maid yet and she was sure that Nathan had not thought about a best man either. This wedding was going to be all the traditional sort of things but there would be no preacher or priest. She and Nathan would say what was in their hearts and then there would be a very joyful party but it was so much happiness to do what they would do. Jeanette finally said that she had some good ideas about the clothes for everyone and that they should all meet at the store in about a week. Jeanette and Hattie fixed some lunch and after they all had a good bite to eat, Hattie decided to reopen the store and Galia Took Debra and Rene’ up to the farm.

Leif, Henry and Nathan had managed to build the lattice structure halfway around the knoll in one week’s time. Nathan had shown Leif and Henry his plan for the Pergola on the flat top of the knoll and the three of them built steps out of downed trees they gathered from the surrounding forest. The logs were split in half and turned so the flat side would be used as the step. They dug into the hill side and carefully placed the logs so when they reached the top of the rise there was a 10 foot wide stair way that could be easily traversed. The lattice structure that circled the knoll was going to have seating places built in around the outer circle and one place had an extension that would hold tables were food and drinks could be placed to serve the people that would be attending the party.
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

Nathan had risen early this particular day. Leif and Henry said they would come over to help him work more on the Pergola and were going to stop at the lumber yard to pick up some more materials before they arrived. Nathan and Galia both had fed the animals as they always did in the cooler time of the morning and Galia had told him that she would be meeting Debra and Rene’ at Hattie’ store. “Today, Jeanette asked us all to meet with her and Hattie because she had something special for us.” I will be gone for awhile I suspect so you be careful and don’t let Leif and Henry work to much and that means you too my love.” She kissed him and instead of using the truck this time she stepped into the no time and disappeared.

Galia stepped into time in Hattie’s kitchen area. She was expecting to see Hattie and Jeanette sitting at the table but as soon as she appeared, the room was empty. She immediately felt that the two women were not there. She walked up to the front and found the store still locked up and the closed sign showing outward. She walked back to the kitchen area and sat down at the table. She knew that Debra and Rene’ would be coming along soon and she remembered Rene’ said something about another little girl possibly joining them. Galia had become excited when they first met the Kelly’s and Rene’ asked to be her flower girl and then a week ago when she tried on the dress that Hattie had given to her, Rene had made the perfect flower crown that accentuated the dress. She put a pot of water on the electric stove and waited for it to get hot so she could have a cup of tea. It was odd that Jeanette and Hattie were both gone. She started to get up and pour herself a cup of water when she heard the truck pull up in the rear. She moved to the back door and saw Debra, Rene’ and another little girl climb out. Henry was sitting in the back with two other boys and she could see Leif was the driver. She knew they were heading up to the farm to work some more on the structures in the meadow. She sat down and waited for Debra, Rene’ and the other little girl to come in.

The two women appeared near the edge of a cliff that dropped steeply into the ocean. The wind was fierce and the waves were crashing against the rocks far below. The coast line was very rugged and there was a tree line around 20 meters from the cliff edge. The forest was one of tall fir trees. The two women turned and walked into the trees as their hair blew straight out in front of them. Deeper into the forest, the wind was not as fierce and soon it was almost calm. They walked for awhile and came to a clearing. As they came to the edge of the clearing they both could see the village and many stone buildings. There were wooden buildings placed in rows and the village appeared to be of fair size. The smoke in the air hung thickly and they could smell some sort of food being cooked. The people walked up and down narrow roadways or so it seemed and there was a tighter cluster of buildings that lined a wider street of sorts. These buildings looked like shops of some kind where wares of all sorts could be bought or traded. The taller woman of the two led the shorter woman down the street while people were stopping and staring at them. Their clothes looked strange to the people and it could be dangerous if the two women lingered to long without finding attire that melded into the present day dress.

Jeanette led Hattie into the village or small town as it could be called. She was heading for the Tailor shop. She knew that their appearance would attract attention and hurried the best she could. Hattie was looking back at the people that stopped and stared at her and Jeanette as they moved toward the Taylor shop. She could hear the strange dialect and the words were unrecognizable to her. The air was cool but the sun was shining brightly and she could see the blue sky above. She had stopped and stared up at the sky and of a sudden Jeanette took her arm and pulled her forward. In a whisper, Jeanette said “you mustn’t dilly dally around, these people are very suspicious of us and this time period is in war with other peoples as it is. We must reach the Tailor’s store quickly and purchase what we need, hurry.”

As Jeanette opened the door to the tailor’s shop someone was reaching for the door handle from the inside. Jeanette almost pushed the door into the woman. She had an armload of material and almost dropped it as she was pushed backward. Jeanette and Hattie both rushed to the woman’s side and steadied her. Jeanette heard the woman say in a heavy Gaelic accent “watch were ye go, I could have bruised me backside.” Hattie could not understand the language but Jeanette did and answered the woman with such. “We are sorry; we did not know that you would be at the door.” The woman gave both of them a sour look and proceeded to march out the door. Hattie watched her go and turned around to see a large open room filled with bins of materials and poles with garments hanging from trees of rods sticking out from the center pole. Jeanette had known what she was looking for and proceeded to walk around the bins. Hattie immediately moved to the hanging garments and began to examine the simple dresses and tunics. She wondered how they were going to pay for anything. She full well knew that any money they might have would be treated as nothing and it could get them into trouble trying to use anything other than the money of this time period

Hattie looked over the simple tunic style dresses and felt the material. Some were made of dyed wool while others were made from a light fabric that she assumed was linen. The colors ranged from a green or emerald green in its many different shades whilst others were of a cream color ranging into the browns. She also saw reds and blues and picked her color that would accentuate the deeper emerald green of the dress Galia would be wearing. Most of the tunic style dresses or Kirtles as they were known as, appeared to lace up in the front but some did lace in the back. She thought to her self that the front lacing was much more sensible. After looking at the simple patterns of these Kirtles she then searched around for the ceinture or mid waist belts that seemed to be such an important part of these dresses. She found them hanging from hooks on one of the walls. The first thing she did was pick one of the Kirtles and its color and then matched a ceinture to it. She then moved to the cloth bins and found the color. She planned to make the dresses for the wedding party. She had rolled up the clothes and the materials and looked around for Jeanette. She caught a glimpse of her as she walked behind one of the rows of dresses hanging from the poles. She picked up her bolts of cloth and clothes and hurried over to where she saw Jeanette go behind the poles. When she reached the aisle, Jeanette was nowhere around. She backed out and frantically looked around the big room. This was disconcerting to her because she did not speak the language and she had no money to purchase the arm load of materials she had. She almost panicked when Jeanette walked out of the aisle that she had disappeared in.

“Ah, I see you have found what you were looking for. I have also found the men’s clothing and materials Shall we stack this up on the counter over there? I have a few other things I would like to get.” Hattie moved to the counter and placed her arm load of material and clothes down. She turned too gather a few more things and had to side step around Jeanette as she too placed an arm load of materials and clothes. The attendant behind the counter spoke to Jeanette and asked her if she would like some sort of basket to place her materials in. Jeanette spoke back to her and said she would like two if they could be spared. The attendant looked at the pile of materials and other accessories and asked if she was preparing for a festival or some such. “You are fortunate to be buying today, we are preparing for a wedding in the next few weeks and most of our materials tend to be bought up for one of those. We have a noble and his soldiers to clothe and his bride and her entourage will need to be outfitted also. Our tailor is such a magician when it comes to making clothes for these kinds of affairs. In fact he is busy making a beautiful wedding dress for the lady. He traveled to Glasgow to buy the material and I am sure he will be putting his spell on it before it is done.” Jeanette had to smile. She knew that the tailor was making the very dress that Galia would be wearing in the distant future. “May I ask what your Tailor’s name is? You see we may want to hire him in the near future for another wedding.” The attendant looked at her and said “You know, I had a feeling you weren’t from around these parts, what with the odd clothes you be wearing and all. What brings you to this little town on the edge of the world, surely it’s not just for our cloth and clothes?”
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

“Well, we have traveled the world in the southern countries and by chance we were told of a magical tailor that crafted the most exquisite gowns and such. Perhaps this is why you know that we aren’t from around here. Our clothes are of another country and it is by fortune that we may know your tongue.” “Ah yes then and you seem to speak well for a foreigner. Let me tally your purchase today. Are you traveling alone then? It is not safe or recommended for ladies to travel in this land without at least a small party of men and soldiers they should be.” Jeanette looked at the woman for a moment and said “we travel in safety. I see that you do not sell weapons and footwear for people, might you direct us to an iron worker and perhaps a cordwainer?” “Yes of course, there is a smithy down the road and on the way there is a shoemaker or cordwainer as you call him.” The woman took a crib of some sort and as she looked through the materials and other items she moved little round balls together and apart and wrote something on a parchment with a crude charcoal stick. “We have some of the finest head wear around these parts; would you like to look at them? We have them in a side room.” “No thank you kind lady, we have already dealt with that type of wear.” “Well then, your total price comes to two Pund Scottis, 13 shillings and 9 pence.” Hattie may not have understood the language but she did understand math and when the woman mentioned the word shilling and pence she became quite on edge. Jeanette opened a small leather bag she had draped around her shoulder and reached into it. Hattie watched her pull out some gold coins with some other type of coins and hand them to the woman. The woman took the coins and proceeded to examine them. She then took the gold coins and bit them. She looked satisfied and put them in a box that she had opened up with a key.

Jeanette and Hattie placed the materials and other items in the baskets and exited the shop. Once outside, Jeanette turned to the east and began to walk. Hattie hitched up her skirt and followed. “You know, we aren’t going to be able to carry all this stuff.” Jeanette told her to follow while she turned into a side street and walked a short distance until they could see no other people. Jeanette sat her basket down and motioned for Hattie to do the same. Hattie sat the basket down next to Jeanette’s and Jeanette reached down and touched them. They both disappeared and Jeanette said “shall we look at some footwear and perhaps find a sword for our young prince?” Hattie just smiled and said “lead the way my lady.”

Galia had greeted Debra, Rene’ and the friend of Rene’s, Ursula as they moved to the table and sat down. “I am not sure where Hattie and Jeanette got off to this morning, when I arrived they were gone. I would suppose they will show up soon, I hope. Would you like some tea? Hattie has made some sun tea yesterday and I can make some hot tea if you would prefer that.” Rene’ spoke right up, “I would like some ice tea please” and she looked at Ursula. Ursula was quite shy and just barely shook her head up and down. Debra said she would take some sun tea also and started to stand to help Galia. Galia began to move to the refrigerator when the two baskets of cloth and clothes materialized. All four of them turned and stared at the baskets and then Rene’ hopped up with Ursula and hurried to the baskets. Rene’ reached down and touched the material and said “this feels like some kind of linen and look.” She picked out the Kirtle dress and held it up as best she could. I have never seen a dress so simple in design and this lacing up the front is wonderful.”

Galia looked at the baskets and then at Debra. “I think I might know where are two mothers have got off to.” Debra had to smile and then said, Rene’ you two girls come back to the table, I am sure we will get to touch and examine these things when Hattie and Jeanette get back.” Rene’ looked at Ursula and they both came back to the table. Just as they were sitting down, another basket materialized and it was full of shoes and boots and on one side there were two bags. The next things that materialized were 4 swords in scabbards with belts and 4 smaller blades in scabbards also. All the blades looked ancient in design but yet looked like they had just been made.

On the 24th day of May in the year of 1262, the two women entered the cordwainer shop. The smell of leather was strong. There was a strong smell of dye also in the shop. The man sitting at the long bench was cutting a large piece of leather into patterns of some sort. Jeanette and Hattie both saw a gray haired man with a long white beard. He was smoking a long curved pipe with some harsh smelling weed or tobacco and as they watched the man would exhale from the side of his mouth every few puffs while he cut on the leather skin. He had a short sleeved dirty white tunic on under a leather vest of some sort. They had entered the building and stood for a few minutes before the man finally looked up at them. He stopped cutting the skin and removed the pipe from his mouth. “How can I help you ladies?” All Hattie heard was gibberish from the man’s mouth but Jeanette heard him clearly. “We are looking for new leather boots for our men and shoes for our children.” The man smiled and said “I will need to have your men and your children here to measure their feet before I can make their proper feet wear.” Jeanette smiled at that and walked to the long table where the man was standing. The pipe was still emitting smoke and Jeanette had to endure the smell and the smoke. “I have sizes for the men and the children. Will that help?”

The man sat back down and placed his pipe into a tray of some sort and seemed to wait for her to give him some more information. Jeanette gave the sizes in inches and the man appeared to write them down on a piece of parchment. He sat for a moment and then stood up. Jeanette and Hattie watched him move to some shelves along the back wall of the building. They both saw that the shelves were full of boots and shoes already made. The man seemed to touch the boots and shoes as he moved along the shelving units. He turned around and said “how many men and children are ye talking about?” Jeanette walked back to the shelving units and looked at the boots and shoes. She told the man that she would need at least 4 pair of boots in the sizes she had given and she would need at least 4 pairs of shoes or boots for boys and two pairs of shoes for girls. She also told the man that there would be a minimum of four women that needed shoes. The man began to pick sets of shoes and boots off the shelf and place them on the long table. “I might be able to fill your order with what I have already made if this is alright with you?” Jeanette looked at the boots and the shoes and was amazed at how this man had already made the sizes she was looking for. She and Hattie walked out of the cordwainer’s shop with a basket of boots and shoes and some belts and extra lacing.

Jeanette had paid the Cordwainer with the coins of the day and still had enough to buy the other things she was thinking of. Hattie was carrying the basket of shoes and they walked to the next store. The both entered the jeweler shop and searched around for specific broaches. They purchased the gold and silver broaches and clasps and placed it all in a bag that was laid in the basket of shoes and left the store. Jeanette waited till no one was around and sent the basket into the future.
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

Their next and final stop was the smithy. As they approached they could hear the sound of metal being hammered on. The constant clanging and pinging was rhythmic. As they approached the open area where the fire pit was located, they could see the big man swinging his hammer against the steel that was lying across the big anvil. As the hammer connected to the flat steel, sparks flew into the air and fell onto the ground. Both women watched as the man pounded on the steel and then he would stick the metal back into the fire to keep it red hot. After doing this a few more times the man finally stuck the flat steel that still had a dull redness to it into a large pale of water. The steam rose from it as the sizzling sound drowned out any other noise for a few moments. The big burly man finally turned to the women and while grabbing a large wet cloth began to wipe his hands on the material.

The man’s arms looked like two legs from any ordinary man. They were massive and his biceps were clearly defined. He was wearing leather breeches and had a leather chest apron covering his naked upper body. His head was bald except for a bushy red beard that dripped sweat. He stood around 2.6 meters in height. When he spoke, his voice was a deep almost booming sound. “What brings two unfamiliar ladies to my smithy?” Jeanette understood what he said although his dialect appeared to be a bit off from the other folk she had spoken with. It took her a moment to gather her speech and then she spoke. “We have come to purchase a few of your swords.” The big man chuckled and his low laugh was deep. “Why would two damsels wish to purchase my swords, I don’t think either one of you can hold one, let alone swing one. Perhaps you would be more comfortable with one of these.” He walked to a nearby table and fetched a dirk. The blade was around 10” long and the hilt was wrapped with a braided cord. There was no quillion or blade guard but the hilt looked like it might be secured with a small wheel pommel. The man picked up a leather scabbard and slid the blade into it. “Most of our women around these parts wear one of these, some are smaller but they can be used up close, if you know what I mean?”

Jeanette wanted to laugh at the man but she knew that would be rude to his mentality. Instead she walked closer to him bypassing the anvil and fire pit and held out her hand. The man was surprised but he handed the dirk with its scabbard to her and stepped back. Jeanette pulled the dirk out and examined it up close. “I see you use finer steel instead of the iron, this makes for a much better blade. Your braided cording is fine also.” She swiped the blade around and the man stepped further back. “This weapon has very nice balance, how much for two of these and two of the shorter blades?” The man looked as if he was at a loss for words but finally stuttered, “uh 10 shillings apiece for the longer ones and 8 shillings for the shorter ones.” Jeanette meant to put this man in his place. “I’ll give you 12 shillings for the two longer blades with the scabbards and 8 shillings for the two shorter blades with scabbards.” She stared at the man with no fear in her eyes and stood her ground. The big man laughed and said “You come to my smithy in your strange clothing and ask for swords that only men can wield and you try to bargain with me for these tooth picks?”

Hattie was not impressed with this man but his shear bulk did give her thought about not making him mad. Jeanette thought different and looked around. She spotted the swords that this man had already made and they were stacked in racks. Some where longer than others and the blades ranged from quite wide at the hilt to much narrower at the point. She spotted at least 4 of the same length and the hilts were secure with wheel pommels as was the norm for a very long time. The hilts were wrapped in a very nice braided cord and she could see that some kind of wood was under the braiding. The quillion’s were tapered to the ends and straight from side to side rather than the curved ones of the later times. She also noticed that both edges of the blade were sharpened. The man saw her looking at his swords and he moved to guard them. Jeanette walked to the racks and looked at the man. He could not take her stare and moved to the side. He was smirking, just knowing that she would not be able to hardly lift one from the racks.

Jeanette had learned fencing when she was young and her father had taught her how to use the heavier broad swords although they didn’t weigh as much as one of these relics. She reached out and took hold of the hilt that was almost 12’ long and made the blade almost weightless. She had read the big mans mind and he intended to draw one of the bigger swords that weighed a few more pounds than the one she grasped. “Okay my lady let’s see if you can even pick this up.” Jeanette pulled the sword up and out of the rack and slashed it through the air. She danced around lightly using her levitation powers and swung the blade into a post. The blade bit into the post and she twisted at the very last moment and a chunk of wood fell to the ground. The big man watched with amazement as the woman performed her moves. He was astonished that she even pulled the sword from the rack and when she swung it in such a ballet dance and chopped his post, he almost squawked. Instead he reached for the sword that Jeanette had read in his mind and grunted when he pulled it from the rack. When she grasped the sword she was wielding she transferred most of its weight into the bigger sword causing it to weigh almost twice as much. Although the man was huge, the extra weight gave him pause. He pulled it up and out and said “well now shall we see what you can do against a man?” He swung the big blade in a slash directly at Jeanette’s head. She ducked and came up with a swing into his blade. The clanging was loud and her power swing caught the big man off guard almost immediately. His sword was knocked from his grasp and flew to the ground a few feet from his position. The next move that froze him was the woman sticking her blade against his midsection and looking him in the eye. He could see in her eyes that she would not hesitate to run him through.

The big man gave a deep belly laugh and raised both of his hands to say he gave up. Jeanette lowered her blade and stuck the point into the ground and leaned on the hilt. “I see you are a man of honor then. Shall we continue with our bargain?” The smithy was still laughing and his smile had spread across his face. “I see you are a woman of noble blood then and you are quite adept at using the sword. I still must ask for 16 shillings a piece for the swords, uh with the scabbards of course and 9 shillings a piece for the dirks.” It was Jeanette’s turn to laugh this time. “Ha my good fellow, you are trying to take more now. I see you are a man of good humor so this will be my final offer to such a funny man, in good standing of course. I will give you 3 full Pund Scots for the four swords with scabbards and the two longer dirks with scabbards and the two shorter dirks with scabbards.” “Well then me lady, I see that you drive a hard bargain and it seems fair. You get to make your choice then and let me get back to making more swords.” Jeanette motioned Hattie to come help her gather the blades and scabbards and made sure the weights were transferred from the swords as she picked them and pulled them from the racks. She and Hattie put them all in the scabbards that were provided and bundled them all up and paid the big smithy. He seemed to be happy with the deal and went back to work on his sword in progress. He had to shake his head at the strange encounter this day with two women that appeared to be from foreign lands and how he was bested by one with his own sword. He felt fortunate that the noble did not kill him.

In the kitchen, the two women and two little girls were sitting and talking about the wedding/party and thinking about music and foods when Jeanette and Hattie appeared close to the baskets on the floor. Everyone at the table turned and looked at them and Galia said “Ah there you are, did you have a good time shopping for these antiques and relics?” Hattie immediately walked into the area behind the counter and put on a pot of water. She wanted a hot cup of tea and asked Jeanette if she would like some also. Jeanette was giggling and said “yes my dear sister I would be grateful for a hot cup of tea.” She walked over to the table and sat down. She pulled a strap to a leather bag over her head and laid it on the table. “Look at these relics” and she opened the bag and dumped the contents on the table. The coins were gold and silver and some were copper. They were crudely shaped but had faces and/or animals of some type imprinted on them. There were some sort of round broach pins and a small pouch that was tied off with leather lacing. Rene’ reached over and picked up one of the broach pins. The center pin looked just like an ancient sword which caused her to look over at the swords lying on the floor near the baskets. “What is this used for”, she asked Jeanette. “That Little lady is or was used to clasp the top of dresses or capes that were worn by men and women in the ancient times. You will notice that there are a few here and there are some more in one of the baskets over there.”
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

The other little girl reached over and touched the small pouch and asked “what might be in this?” Jeanette looked at her for a moment and then at Rene’. Hattie set the cups of hot tea down and sat down herself while looking at the little girl next to Rene’. Rene’ bumped her friend and said “this is Ursula; she is the other one I mentioned that will be a flower girl like me.” Galia smiled and said “well Ursula, welcome to the wedding/party. I am sure with you and Rene’ the flowers are going to be wonderful.” Both girls smiled and giggled and Ursula continued to look at Jeanette for an answer. Jeanette looked back at her and said “welcome dear little one, will your parents be joining us also? Ursula looked into Jeanette’s eyes and they both could read each others thoughts. Jeanette could see and feel the sorrow in Ursula as well as Ursula saw and felt the same from Jeanette. They both experienced the joys of each also and Jeanette finally pushed the small pouch toward her and spoke. “Why don’t you show us all what is in this pouch?”

Ursula took the pouch which was made of very soft leather and untied the leather lacing. She pulled the leather open and turned it so the contents would fall out on the table. Two rings and a necklace rolled out at the end of the pouch. The necklace was a fine gold chain that looked like it was braided. The locket that was attached to it was shaped in a round form with a small piece extending below that looked like perhaps a small sword. The two rings were capped with small stones at the top. They both were of a white gold. One of them had a wider band and the stone on it was a red ruby that glittered in the light. The other one had a finer band of the same white gold but the stone on it was an emerald. The green stone also glittered in the light and it seemed that it shot rays into the atmosphere. Everyone’s eyes had been captured with these objects as soon as they rolled from the pouch and as they watched, the emerald green rays grew toward Galia and it seemed that her eyes shot forth the same kind of rays until her stare and the rings rays met.

As everyone witnessed the phenomenon, it seemed that Galia was completely captivated. She slowly reached out and as her hand came closer to the rings and locket, they all saw the emerald ring and the locket appear to move into her hand. The ruby ring glowed at that moment and Galia was taken into a distant time and land. She saw a man standing under a trellis of some kind that had flowers adorning the entire structure. She looked around and down at herself and there was the emerald green dress that she had tried on just a week ago. The man was dressed in a fine tunic of cream color with emerald green borders at the cuffs of the sleeves and around the neck and the hem part of the garment. He had a wide leather belt around his waist and a leather strap over his shoulder with a long sword in a scabbard at his side. As she looked back at her waist she saw a corded rope type belt around her waist and a small knife of some kind. The handle or hilt was braided with a black type of material that had some kind of design in a cream color on the handle. She could see the scabbard was of a simple design in leather with a metal hilt guard and tip.

Her vision became more vivid as the man walked toward her. He reached out and took hold of her hand that she noticed was held out. She heard him say, in a quiet voice, “Is something wrong "Gyel-AYSH"?” She looked into his blue grey eyes and he said “come, this is a joyous moment for you and I. She almost stumbled but caught herself and took a step forward. It was only a few more steps until they both were standing under the trellis structure and there was another standing in front of her and him. The man that had taken her hand turned and took something from another tall man. She saw a small boy step back to stand with three other boys. He looked into her eyes and recited a vow of love and put the ring with the emerald stone on one of her fingers. He let go of her hand and pulled something from a vest pocket and placed it over her head. She looked down and saw the locket with the tiny sword. She turned and saw a throng of people standing around the trellis and saw the two little girls standing just behind her with baskets of flowers. When she turned back to look at the man, Rene’ had reached over and took her hand and was quietly looking deep into her eyes.

“The ruby stone is for Nathan” Jeanette spoke softly. It seemed that everyone around the table had frozen in time while she was in the vision. “Hattie and I retrieved these relics just 30 years ago in Scotland. It seems that they were preserved through the centuries by family dynasty. We found them in the same antique shop that Hattie found that dress. I would guess that these relics along with that dress were sold off or some such back when the economies were in the spiral.” Galia was quiet for a moment and then understood what Jeanette just alluded to. “You mean to tell me that Megan and I might have relatives in Scotland that date back to whenever or whatever time you and Hattie visited?” “Yes dear that is a strong possibility.” “How did you know to look for these particular pieces of jewelry?” Jeanette smiled as well as Hattie and said “when Hattie and I were in that small town in that particular year, I left Hattie in the clothing store for a short time and watched you and Nathan or Gyel-AYSH and Nathaniel get married. I did see the rings and the locket and these swords and dirks are authentic. I am not sure but I think those rings and that locket are tied to you both and somehow manage to reconnect to your lives as you continue on this plane, this mother earth.

Galia was astonished but knew that she was the one that did get married to Nathan. The vision she had when she first tried on the dress and now the vivid one after just seeing the rings and locket for the first time were strong confirmation that she has done all of this before. It always is the Deja Vue that she encounters and has ever since she was very little. She looked at Rene’ and Ursula and saw them in the room during the first vision and standing behind her at the wedding in the second vision, she did not say anything but both girls looked at her and smiled. Hattie spoke up finally and said “well since we’re all here, shall we take a look at what we brought back from the past. Our time is getting short and I have to make a number of dresses.” Debra smiled and said “you don’t get to do that all by your lonesome Hattie, I can sew just as well as the next and I suspect that Jeanette can also.” Galia looked around at the three older women and said “hey, I get to help also all you gotta do is direct me. Hattie had to laugh this time and said “I never thought I would be doing this again, just so happens, I used to make clothes for a living. I have some sewing machines and pattern tables out in the storage building.” They all got up and moved to the baskets of cloth and clothes and other items and began to examine everything. They had roughly 2 and half weeks until the party. “We will have to get the men and boys to come for the fittings.” One could hear the oohs and aahs and laughter afterwards.

Return to “Express yourself”