Matters of the Heart

''Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.''
-Bruce Lee
LostNFound

Matters of the Heart

Post by LostNFound »

I wrote a song yesterday, it was inspired from others heart matters and my own of yesteryear. I believe I actually composed this song even though I am not a musician in any sort of the word. I play music on my own guitar to lift my frequency and those plants around me, to do a dance. I started this thread to perhaps give a stage for others to write their poetry or songs. I feel it is within all of us to express thy self. There might be other threads where this can happen and It could be that someone could move this to that impressionable place. I have seen so much poetry on other threads so here is just a blank stage with my start. This song is one of perhaps sorrow, of loss but an expression of love. It plays nicely on my 12 string. So here goes and we all have been in this place, maybe many times in our life. I wrote this in the key of C by the way.
THE EDGE (OF THE WORLD)
SONG

I stood on the edge of the world today,
Waiting to hear, what you might say.
I listened with all my heart,
But all I could feel was falling apart.
I looked for you, in every place,
But all I found, was empty space,
And I couldn’t see your face.

Where did you go?
I really wanted to know
It seemed to me,
That we were meant to be
I tried to make my stand
Yet found nowhere to land
Do you think you could take my hand?

I sit on this ledge, so close to the edge
It seems my heart, will break apart
These tears of mine, they roll down my face
I wonder if I could leave this place
If ever you should think of me
Here I am, on the edge of the world today
And I don’t have much to say.

Where did you go?
I really wanted to know
It seemed to me,
That we were meant to be
All the things we began
Are slipping from my hands
Into piles of sand

Wanting to hear what you couldn’t say

Written by Sgw
Christine
Site Admin

Re: Matters of the Heart

Post by Christine »

The song is so beautiful and of course it brought more tears to my eyes. Steven, you somehow touched the whole of it ... I thank you my friend. You have me musing on some of my poetry and so I will dwell in the quiet place tonight to muse. Having just one friend when you are in need means everything.
Tara
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

OFF THE PAGE AND INTO THE THOUGHT.

He stood at the crossing and looked at the cobble stone street,
His mind was filled with myriads of thoughts, which he envisioned from those that he did meet.
He saw the hole just a few feet away and moved to wonder what he might see.
A black colored hat with a narrow brim appeared in the air,
That caused him to halt and give a stare.

Ha! He thought with many ideas, this could be magic as he stepped around the hole.
He stopped to examine the hat when an arm and hand reached out of thin air and into the hat.
The next thing he knew the arm and hand pulled up a furry being that spoke to him.
You should not go into that hole, there is nothing for you in its eternal darkness, and you will only be lead on an eternal search. You must open this door because doing that is really what you should do.

He looked to the side where the furry being pointed and sure enough there was a door and nothing more. Be careful and be wise, on the other side may be what you seek even if it might seem bleak.
With that he fell back because from the darkness of the hole a young girl did appear. She climbed to the street and stood in a daze. “Did you see the rabbit?” she asked. He turned around to show her the hat and it dissolved in a blaze. He turned to tell the girl about the hole and barely saw her as the door closed.

He walked around the dark hole and up the street. His vision cleared from the blaze and the heat. He saw another girl standing next to an hour glass. The sand was slowly dropping from the top to the bottom and he saw bits of places and many people flowing with the stream of time as it squeezed through the narrow neck from past to present. All the sand fell into the bottom and the girl grabbed the glass and turned it over so the sand of time would fall from present into past.

Ahhh! Could this be the same girl he thought as he walked toward her? No it was clear now as he came closer. It was not the same girl that was for sure. He could hear sounds from the Hour glass and as he reached a short distance he heard the voices. The girl turned and stared at him ever so briefly and he saw the brightness and then the glazed look in her eyes as she turned back to stare at the hour glass. The time slipped into the past once again and she turned it over so it would flow once more into the present. The voices had stopped until she turned the glass over and then they began to speak in many accents. The girl spoke softly to the bits of places and people as they all fell toward the present. He heard her voice vibrate and match the voices spilling from the glass. It was as if she was saying the same thing at the very same time that whoever was speaking in the glass.

He was startled when the girl asked him “do you hear them talking? They are me you know, I am past, I am present and I cannot find the future, I think it is somewhere in this thin part of the time glass. I have been there and then, I am here and now, have you seen the future? My Spirit wants to fly with this wind.” She flipped the glass again and all he could hear was the voices. He though she was in the glass so he continued to walk up the cobble stone street knowing that once again they would meet.

The street became narrow, the buildings closed in and he felt constricted in his search. He came to a crossing and saw the boy standing in the center. It appeared that the boy might be lost. He approached the boy and asked him for directions to the open fields. “Could you tell me how to get to the fields, I am on my way to the Understanding field.” The boy looked at him and asked “have you seen the rabbit?” He looked at the boy and said “why yes, I saw the furry being by the dark hole with the door next to it.” Did you see the girl?” Yes I did and she went through the door.” The boy turned around in a circle and then asked “have you then seen the time glass and perhaps the girl who carries it?” “Yes I saw her and she was turning it over and over. Do you know these girls?” “Yes I know them and I am trying to search my own path but they have both shown me the wonders of their searching and I am now at these four corners searching others paths as well as mine.” “So do you know the way to the Understanding field?” “I am not sure but it might be on this cobble stone street?”

He turned back toward the way he had come from and told the boy that the two girls and their thoughts could possibly be found there. He moved past the boy and kept walking on the straight cobble stone street. He could see a light ahead even if the buildings kept crowding in. He thought that the two girls would find a way in their searching, from this maze and perhaps they all would find their way to the Understanding fields or the Pistis Sophia place
Fred Steeves

Post by Fred Steeves »

LostNFound wrote:I wrote a song yesterday, it was inspired from others heart matters and my own of yesteryear. I believe I actually composed this song even though I am not a musician in any sort of the word. I play music on my own guitar to lift my frequency and those plants around me, to do a dance. I started this thread to perhaps give a stage for others to write their poetry or songs. I feel it is within all of us to express thy self. There might be other threads where this can happen and It could be that someone could move this to that impressionable place. I have seen so much poetry on other threads so here is just a blank stage with my start. This song is one of perhaps sorrow, of loss but an expression of love. It plays nicely on my 12 string. So here goes and we all have been in this place, maybe many times in our life. I wrote this in the key of C by the way.
THE EDGE (OF THE WORLD)
SONG

Waiting to hear, what you might say.
I listened with all my heart,
But all I could feel was falling apart.
I looked for you, in every place,
But all I found, was empty space,
And I couldn’t see your face.

Where did you go?
I really wanted to know
It seemed to me,
That we were meant to be
I tried to make my stand
Yet found nowhere to land
Do you think you could take my hand?

I sit on this ledge, so close to the edge
It seems my heart, will break apart
These tears of mine, they roll down my face
I wonder if I could leave this place
If ever you should think of me
Here I am, on the edge of the world today
And I don’t have much to say.

Where did you go?
I really wanted to know
It seemed to me,
That we were meant to be
All the things we began
Are slipping from my hands
Into piles of sand

Wanting to hear what you couldn’t say

Written by Sgw
Steven, somehow I missed this thread. Being musically illiterate, played in the key of C doesn't really tell me a whole lot. Would you consider making a recording to post here, a YouTube video, something along those lines? I'd really like to hear it to go along with the lyrics.

You know most of my adult life I've wished that I'd have taken the time and effort somewhere along the way to learn how to play an instrument. Guitar would be cool, but it's the piano that would have been my passion. Whenever I find myself watching someone pouring their soul into one, sweating it out from another world somewhere, in the back of my mind I'm always thinking "damn, I wish I could pour my soul out through an instrument like that. I'm sure it comes out in other ways like through things I build and such, but there's just something about doing it through a musical instrument. I'm glad you are able to do that and would really like to hear your song.
LostNFound wrote: The next thing he knew the arm and hand pulled up a furry being that spoke to him.
You should not go into that hole, there is nothing for you in its eternal darkness, and you will only be lead on an eternal search. You must open this door because doing that is really what you should do.
There's a familiar ring to that part of your story, I like how you incorporated it.
The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

Rabbits, rabbits, everywhere rabbits! Yes, there certainly is a familiar ring. What a weaving we have here...
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.

Return to “Express yourself”