Story of fiction and fantasy and science fiction

''Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.''
-Bruce Lee
LostNFound

Re: Story of fiction and fantasy and science fiction

Post by LostNFound »

Jimmy and Isaac both asked Ian how they would get the family to the place called the Haven. Ian stood up and told them to follow him. Both men looked at each other and thought to themselves that something did not seem right. Ian spoke and told each of them to not worry so much, just believe. He moved to Ty-Ohni and placed his hand on the side of her head and she immediately relaxed into a sleep or the men thought so. Ian told them to sit next to the family and place their hands on the pups. Jimmy and Isaac both did as Ian had asked and found them selves inside a barn in a stall with fresh straw and all the blankets that the mother had made a bed of were still under the family. They both looked up at Ian with questioning looks on their faces. Ian looked at them and said “Don’t worry about this I will explain when we go back.” Jimmy and Isaac both stood up and moved back from the wolf family. Someone touched Isaac and he turned quickly around only to see a young woman standing next to him. Joanna asked if he was hungry. He did not know how to respond to that other than shake his head up and down in a yes acknowledgment. She told him to wait while she made sure the family of wolves was thoroughly comfortable. There was food in the stall for the mother and she was full of milk for the babies. Joanna moved around and made sure everything was good and then moved back to the main ally way of the barn. “If you gentlemen will follow me I will show you to a place where we can eat and this mother can take care of her children with out us interfering.

In the Garden Jimmy and Isaac sat down in wonder and Joanna waved her hand and quickly enough both men watched as carts of food rolled out from a building. The smells were mouth watering delicious and both of them could here their stomachs growling. Jimmy looked around and did not see Ian. “Where has our little brother gotten him self off to?” Joanna told him that he had to visit with someone and that he would be along shortly. Both men began to eat and the food was delicious. While they were eating three women and two men walked in and Ian was with them. Jimmy gave a nod to Ian and continued to eat. One of the women walked over and sat next to him while the rest of the group found places to sit and began to eat also. “My name is Carolyne and this is our home. We call it the Haven. Ian has told us about you and how you are part of our family on your present mission. He came and asked us if we could take the wolf family in and gave us a run down of what had happened. You have been brought here with the wolves and before you leave you must go see them once more because Ty-Ohni has asked for all three of you to come so she can thank you.”

Carolyne filled a plate with some fruit and greens and sat back for a few minutes while she took some bites of food. Jimmy looked at Isaac and then at Ian and said “we would really like to see the mother and her pups once again before we get back to our mission. Isaac and I are still bewildered as to how we got here and how we will get back.” Ian spoke then and began to tell them how he moved them out of time and back and how once out of time it was like opening a new door back into time. I and most of the children of the bus are able to do this. We can also just open portals and step through. This is something that Bill created by using quantum physics and once he created the device to make that work, most that use it for a space come to have doors open in their minds that will allow them to make the portals with out the device. We have taught you how to speak in the mind and we have given you the devices to be cloaked and fly. The more you use these inventions the more you will become independent from them but that is for each to realize and learn. You will be able to speak with Ty-Ohni when you see her next.”

Carolyne had finished her plate while Ian had talked and spoke again. “I am remiss for introductions so if you will, I must introduce these other folks.” Jimmy put his plate back on one of the carts as Isaac did the same. Carolyne said “this is Maria and her husband Mark and I believe he has something for you. The two rangers stood and moved to them and shook their hands. Mark spoke and said “yes I have something for you both but it is from Jim and Maria also, Jimmy and Isaac and as he said that he looked at both men. Carolyne stood this time and said “oh please excuse me I have forgotten to introduce these Rangers although Mark appears to know them.” She took Jimmy and Isaac’s arm and said “everybody this is Jimmy Whitefeather and this is Isaac.” She looked at Isaac and asked if he had a last name. Isaac spoke and said “yes my last name is Tate.” “Ah, a name for the Wolf then, No wonder that Ty-Ohni sees your spirit.” “You both know Joanna and this is Christine and her husband Jim. We have a lot more folks that live here as well as the animals that have also joined the family and perhaps in the near future as time goes you will meet them all.” Jimmy and Isaac shook hands with all of them and they all sat back down. “Mark, I believe you have the gifts for these men.”

Mark stood and motioned for Maria, Jim and Christine to stand also. Each one had some sort of apparel in their hands. Jimmy and Isaac stood while Ian joined them and then Mark handed two vests to Jimmy. Maria was next and handed two of the same to Isaac. Jim came next and handed two more to Ian. Christine was last and gave the last vest to Ian so he held three. Mark spoke then and said “these are shields for your entire team. Jim and I perfected the shield and Maria made the vests to give them the tool of operation. He asked each one to try one on and when the two men and the boy put one on they looked like ordinary vests. Mark told then that the three buttons each had a purpose. The lower button activated the shield while the second button turned it off. The top button was just to keep the vest tight. Ha! Bet you thought that one was going to do some other mechanical function. When they had donned the vests each one fit perfectly to each man and boy. The material was some kind of leather or looked and felt like it. There were two pockets and the buttons were the same color as the vest. Mark told then that when they turned the lower button counter clockwise it would activate the shield and their entire body would be protected. The second button needed to be turned clockwise to deactivate the shield. “Okay I told you the third button did not do anything but I was wrong. That button when turned clockwise will actually throw the shield out to a distance of 7 feet and protect anyone or anything within that diameter of you.”

Jimmy took all of this in and thought the vests were great. “May I ask why we need to have a shield and just what it will protect us from?” Jim spoke up this time “well those are very good questions and Ian can give you the answers” and with that he looked at Ian. Ian turned and told both men that he would be giving them the SITREP of why they needed these and what they were going to be doing but they had to wait until they got back so Michael, Susanna, Theresa and Daniel could hear all of it at the same time. Maria stepped forward and said “Mark, Jim and I have had encounters with aliens beings on another project and when Ian told us about your present mission we decided to create the partial protections you are going to need. Suffice to say this is not going to be a cake walk for you boys so this is our contribution for your safety.” Jimmy understood at that moment that these folks were giving their love and knew that they would all see each other again. Isaac felt the spirits gather around him. Joanna spoke and said “Shall we go see Ty-Ohni and her children before you gentlemen have to get back?” Isaac shook his head yes and all the folks shook hands and hugged each other. Walking out to the old Barn Ian asked about Janx and Philamena. Joanna told him that they were doing very fine and their children had become much entangled with Greybark and his family. “Do you think they will be alright with Ty-Ohni and her children?” “Oh I am sure of that as they are already beginning to know each other.”

Walking into the barn Isaac noticed that there were two Brahmas and two young Brahmas standing close to the stall where Ty-Ohni was. His first thought was the wolf normally attacked these animals and would feed on them. He heard the yipping of the small pups and it did not sound like they were in any danger or stress. As they approached the stall one of the pups ran out and moved through the legs of the Brahmas. They all watched in amazement as one of the baby brahmas darted around and the little wolf pup finally stopped and the baby Brahma lay down. The wolf pup scooted over and snuggled up to the baby calf. When they reached the stall area, Isaac bent down and touched the wolf pup that was lying with the calf. The pup looked up at him and moved to him quickly. Isaac knew that it was Honi and picked him up. The pup licked his face and snuggled into his arms. He turned and saw the most amazing thing. Ty-Ohni was lying on the bed of blankets and her other two pups were playing with other dog pups off to the side in the stall. There were two German Shepard dogs sitting on their haunches next to Ty-Ohni and they looked like they were communicating with each other or so it appeared. As soon as he and Jimmy along with Ian entered the stall, Ty-Ohni looked up at Isaac and the two dogs turned and looked at the men and the boy. One of the Shepard’s stood and moved to Ian and as she came over Ian bent down and wrapped his arms around her. Jimmy and Isaac both could hear her conversation with Ian. We are so glad that you have come and brought this wonderful mother and her children so we can all be together. It has been awhile since we last visited. Ian spoke back and both men heard him say I knew you would make her and the children welcome. It looks as if all the children are becoming well acquainted and now they will all grow up as brothers and sisters. I can see that all is well and Ty-Ohni and her children are safe. Shawna looked at the two rangers and asked if he was going to introduce them. Ian asked for a pardon and spoke into Jimmy and Isaac’s mind. Shawna and her mate, Trace has waited to meet with you both. He turned back to Shawna and by that time Trace had moved to his mate’s side, Ian stood and walked to Jimmy and introduced him to the two dogs. He then did the same for Isaac.

Honi began squirming and Isaac set him down and watched him run over to where the other pups were and saw the calf from outside come in and they all ran around and then out of the stall. All the people thought they heard both mothers tell their children to go out and play. Ty-Ohni stood up and moved to Isaac. He bent down to his knees and touched her face. She moved closer and rubbed her head against his face. I can see my mate in the spirit with you and he is telling me that he must be with you in the battle you will fight. I also will give my love to you for helping me and the children. She then moved to Jimmy and he did the same as Isaac and Ty-Ohni did the same to him. Jimmy heard her say that his spirit guide would follow him into the battle and he would see him soon. With that she turned and walked to the bedding area and picked up something with her mouth and brought it back to Jimmy. Jimmy noticed, with amazement, that she had a large white eagle feather in her mouth. This must be placed on your body and taken to the battle. Jimmy took the feather and started to place it into a pocket on the vest but noticed a looped portion of leather and when he placed the feather through it the loop closed and held it snugly. Ty-Ohni turned and walked back to her bedding area and picked up another object and walked back to Isaac who was still in a kneeling position. She came close enough to him that he could feel her breath. As he looked into her eyes he heard her say I give this to you for safe keeping. It is part of my mate and he left it for me when he moved into the spirit. You must take it with you when you go into the darkness to fight the Lizard people. Isaac reached out his hand in response to her bidding and she dropped a canine tooth into his palm. Isaac felt a buzzing sensation when the tooth hit his palm and he closed his hand around it. Ty-Ohni closed her eyes for a moment and turned to walk back to her bedding area.

Ian was close by when both men stood back up and they heard him say “the symbols on your vests are very powerful.” Jimmy looked at Isaac’s vest in the back and saw a well stitched wolf symbol in perfect colors. As Isaac turned around he also saw the paw prints of the wolf on his front. He turned to walk back out of the stall and Isaac saw the perfect stitched symbol of the eagle on his vest. The feather had become emblazoned in a couple of places and Isaac could see what looked like a hologram of a head band with the feather at the back of his head. Joanna walked out of the barn with them and wished them a fond farewell and safe journey then turned and walked back into the barn. Jimmy and Isaac looked at Ian with a questioning expression and they all heard the screeching sound of an eagle. Jimmy immediately looked up and saw the large white eagle perched on the roof edge of the barn. The Bird was looking straight at him and then took flight. They all saw it fly into the air and then disappear. Isaac turned to say something to Jimmy and they both found themselves sitting in the storage building at the outpost where the wolf family had been just a few moments earlier.

Ian was standing next to a shelf unit and pulled a rather long box down from a shelf and walked to them. Jimmy and Isaac where both stunned or in wonder still at being in the storage building as Ian carried the box to them and sat it down on the floor. Curiosity overcame the stunned wonder and Jimmy asked “what‘s in the box?” Ian opened the box and a glowing light shot forth. Jimmy saw a bow with a sheath full of arrows and Isaac saw a spear. These weapons just happen to be what each man had grown up training with in their youth. The delight at seeing the weapons could be seen shining from each mans face. Jimmy looked at Ian as if to ask if he could touch the bow and Ian spoke in the mind to him this is your weapon and you will need it where we are going, please pick it up. Isaac was smiling and he too wanted very badly to touch the spear. It was as if the urge to touch them was overwhelming. Ian had read their minds and had already told Jimmy to pick his weapon up and for Isaac to do the same. Jimmy reached into the box and as soon as his hand touched the bow it began to glow, he reached for the sheath of arrows with his other hand and it glowed also. As soon as he touched both objects the glow spread into his hands and moved up his arms. He watched as it happened and then the glow moved to his heart. His chest lit up and doors opened in his mind. These weapons had been made for a purpose and he began to understand. Isaac had witnessed the glowing as it moved onto and into Jimmy and he reached for the spear. The glowing happened the same way with him and his mind was opened also. Ian touched him and told him that he had one more gift in the box. Isaac looked down from his revelation and in a side slot he saw the large hunting knife. He picked it up and it glowed also. After a few minutes of glowing and revelations both men sat back and gazed at their weapons knowing full well what their purpose was and how to use them with relation to the vest shields and where they would be using them. Ian closed the box and took it back to the shelving unit and sat it down. As soon as he sat it down the box sparkled and disappeared.

Something or someone made a noise outside the building where the hole in the siding was and they heard what seemed like someone running away. Ian told them that they must go now and find the rest of the team. Jimmy asked him what he had found at the little building and Ian said “A way down into the underground. I see that our team mates may have also found a way into that dark place so we must hurry and meet with them. Jimmy stood and placed the sheath of arrows around his neck and the entire thing form fit to his body. When he slung the bow over his shoulder it did the same thing. Isaac was amazed but took his spear that appeared to have a sling attached and slung it over his shoulder also. The spear shrank in size and it looked as if it was not there. Ian moved quickly toward the front and told both men to hurry. We have been spotted by something from below and they will be preparing for us. They all moved to the outside and activated the jet belts and cloaks and moved toward the chopper. Ian knew that these men could become invisible without the cloak and they could also levitate without the belts but he decided to wait for them to discover that on their own.
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

27 THE CHILDREN OF FRAZIER PARK

Kevin brought the chopper in low over the desert to the north of the fault line. Kristyl was still in tears but she was monitoring her gear for any signs of activity. Bill was in the rear consoling the children that they had saved from the deserted town. Debbie and Hank were both in their teens and seemed to be the ones that had taken care of the other two. Lisa was perhaps around 5 or 6 years and Kurt was maybe 8 or 9 years. These children had managed to survive for quite some time without any adults and in a deserted town that presented danger on a daily basis. Bill felt the total loss of their parents as he talked with them. He also could feel something that appeared to be hidden in these four children and it felt like what he could feel with his daughter Eryne. He suspected these children to be connected with Logan and the other children of the bus as they were called but something had closed in them and they could not access their abilities at this time. He suspected that the trauma that befell them earlier had caused them to shut off those abilities and wondered what they may have been doing prior to the devastation of loosing their parents and the surroundings of the other folk in that hellish town. He also wondered if there had been others in the town that had the capabilities but perhaps had not brought them forward into any public manner. Frazier Park was a small town and it seemed that it was a hundred years in the past in its daily life style. He could only wish for those times to live in but unfortunately he had been born in the Late 80’s of the 20th century.

Lisa had climbed into his lap and was asleep while Kurt was sitting next to him. The boy had clung to him since running from the store and jumping into his arms while that building fell into the earth. The two oldest were sitting on the side seat of the chopper and quietly talking to one another. Bill knew he could read their minds but he was not going to do that without consent. He was content to hear the young girl breathing softly and the young boy next to him seemed to be dozing off also. These children needed to eat and he was thinking about taking them to the Haven where they could be tended to. Kevin landed the chopper and shut the rotor down although he kept it on standby. The desert was barren and most likely hot. They could see sand dunes with patches of bare rock and brush. Kevin had landed in a depression between two high dunes but the view in front was wide open toward the north.

Bill started to tell Kevin and Kristyl that he was going to take the children to the Haven when a vehicle flew over the dune to the left and landed close to the bottom of the dune and kept tracking across the depression and up the right side dune. The vehicle had come within 5 feet of the front of the chopper as it passed by and barely missed colliding into the rotor blades. Every one was jolted with surprise except Lisa who continued to sleep. Kristyl looked at her gear and told Kevin to get air borne immediately. Kevin reacted quickly and began to raise the chopper just as another vehicle flew over the top of the dune. He had to shift the chopper to the side as they rose to keep the vehicle from crashing into it. The skids grazed the top of the right dune as they climbed. Bill had held Lisa tightly and Kurt had latched onto his arm. Hank and Debbie both had grabbed the straps on the side of the cabin to keep from being bounced to the deck. Kevin took the bird up to about 50 feet and turned it back toward the west. He and Kristyl both saw the large group of vehicles traveling through the dunes. They were climbing the dunes and jumping as they moved. Kristyl told Kevin to climb higher and move to the south and do it in a big hurry. Kevin kept looking at the group of vehicles and then saw what looked like a wave of sand flying up around and behind the vehicles. He then noticed the two police choppers closing on them as their mini-guns ripped the sand and he also noticed black smoke in a few places farther to the west. As he kept climbing and turned toward the south he saw two more of the dune buggies explode and flip over and roll before a bigger explosion happened to them. He brought the chopper to a hover position and flipped it around so they could see how this scene was going to play out. Hank had moved to the front between the seats and spoke. “Those people are part of the patriot movement that has been moving around trying to help folks keep away from the police. They mostly live in the mountains and forested areas of the old parks. They would sometimes come into town where we lived and gather supplies.”

Kristyl started to speak when one of the choppers exploded in the air and fell to ground in a major explosion. The other one made a wide sweep and circled around. The Humvee with a 30mm mini gun was sitting on top of one of the dunes and continued to fire at the second chopper. The scene was surrealistic as both the chopper and the Humvee continued to exchange their mini guns at each other. Hank pointed at another dune buggy vehicle that had come from the west and stopped. They watched two men jump out and one held what looked like an old fashioned RPG while the other man shoved something in the front end. They all saw the streak of a missile as it made its way through the air and made contact with the chopper. The explosion was like watching a huge conflagration of fireworks during the old Fourth of July celebrations over New York City. They all watched as the chopper blew into parts and fell to earth. The Humvee and the dune buggy moved away and headed back to where they had come from. Debbie had come forward and stood next to Hank while all the war scenes happened. She finally spoke with tears rolling from her eyes and a choked up sound from her throat. “When are we going to quit destroying ourselves and learn to live in peace?” Hank turned and hugged her as they both moved back to the side seat. Kevin pushed the joy stick and moved the chopper in a swoop and headed toward the south east once again. “We will find another deserted place and set down for awhile.” No one said anything but gave a sigh of relief as the bird moved from the desert area over another forested, mountainous area.

Kevin asked Kristyl if there was any activity on her gear as he swung the chopper over a thick forested area. The Topographical gages on her gear showed that the area was quite steep with hills and higher peaks running in contiguous lines from the southwest to the Northeast. They could see several water courses that appeared to flow through deeper canyons between the hilly areas. Kristyl told him that the only infra red readings she was receiving appeared to be animal life. She did not read any vehicle activity or human life forms within a 20 mile radius and that there appeared to be a clearing on the top of a hill below them that she figured they could land on without hitting any trees with the rotor. Kevin dropped down and they all watched a pack of coyotes scatter as the chopper settled down and rested in the clearing. Kevin set the rotor on standby once more and told everyone that this would be a good place to rest for awhile. Bill stood up and was still holding Lisa as she slept. Kurt hopped off the seat and moved to his side. “I am going to take these children to the haven where they can get some decent food and rest. I will return shortly but if you have to move please do and I will come into the chopper no matter where it is.” Kevin and Kristyl both said “we are going also so let’s get moving.” They both unbuckled and moved back to where Bill had already opened a portal. Hank and Debbie both had wide eyes and Kurt was hanging onto Bill as he stepped through into the garden. Kristyl moved to the two older children and said “don’t be afraid we are all going to a very safe place.” Hank looked at her and said “but what about this chopper, will it be safe to leave it?” Kevin explained how the chopper was cloaked and operating with stealth gear and then realized that he would have to explain more in depth to these children. Kristyl took Debbie’s hand and they both stepped through to the garden. Kevin told Hank to just step through and both of them stepped into the garden and the portal closed.

When Bill stepped into the garden with Lisa and Kurt, Evelyne and Eryne were both sitting on a lounge. He moved to an empty lounge and laid Lisa down. Kurt had stopped as soon as they came through and started to look around in wonder but Kristyl and Debbie both stepped through and Debbie almost tripped over him. Both children turned and saw Kevin and Hank moving toward them. They hurriedly moved out the way. Kevin walked over to where Kristyl was and they both sat down. Kurt had finally moved to where Bill was sitting and sat next to him. The two teenagers were standing together and wondering where they were and how did all of this come about. Evelyne stood and walked to them and asked if they would like to set and perhaps eat something. Both of them shook there heads yes and moved to a lounge that Evelyne showed to them. The shock of what just happened was still with them and they could not speak except in their minds which they had learned to do after the first devastation of the town.

Some carts of food had rolled out and stopped in the middle of the garden. Kurt had smelled the food and came awake. He was staring at the food carts and Eryne grabbed his hand and said “come you must eat.” Hank and Debbie both moved to the carts and began to gather some food. Bill had turned to awaken Lisa and noticed that she was not moving or breathing. He knelt beside her and felt for a pulse but could find none. He called to Evelyne and Eryne to help. Both girls surrounded her and Eryne placed her hands on Lisa’s chest. There was a glow from her hands that spread into Lisa’s body and she woke up of a sudden. Both girls stood and Evelyne spoke into Lisa’s mind. You entered the universe and were going to leave your corporeal body behind. We retrieved you and brought you back because you have very important things to do in this realm with your body still. You must join your brothers and sisters and seek nourishment and we will all speak together when you have gained your corporeal strength. Lisa looked up at Evelyne with wide eyes and then gazed toward Eryne. You speak to me in the mind; this is what we have done since we were left alone. Yes Lisa you and the other children have the ability to talk telepathically and have had that ability from the day you all were born. You had not used it until you all were left alone in that town. You all have so many other abilities and they must be released for you to use. For now you must eat and we will speak with you after that and help to awaken those gifts you have. Lisa sat up and Bill was very glad. She stood and walked to the carts and began to fill a plate with some foods. Debbie showed her were to sit and all four children huddled together as they filled their tummies with food that they had not seen for a few years now.
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

Carolyne and Christine had both been operating the Café and left Joanna and Alexander in charge while they came back to the garden for a break. Both women had heard their daughters telling them that some young visitors would be arriving. Both women were quite interested to meet these young folks so when they walked into the garden they instantly saw the 4 children sitting together and eating like they had not seen any food for months. They all were quite dirty from all the dust and possibly not being able to take baths or showers for a long time. Their cloths were in tatters but none of this seemed to matter to them as much as the food they were now consuming. Jim was spending more and more of his time in one of the labs and Mark and Maria had went to visit Lionhawk and Shadowself as they both were raising two children that had been abandoned in West Virginia. Carolyne was drawn to the smallest child, she seemed very familiar to her so she moved to the lounge next to where the children were huddled while they ate and sat down. The little girl had stopped eating when she and Christine walked in and stared at her as she moved to the lounge. Something was hammering in her heart about this little girl.

Lisa was busy shoveling the food down because it had been so long since she had a good meal such as this when the tall dark haired women walked into the area. She immediately felt a twinge in her being. When she looked up the woman’s eyes shined brightly and it seemed like a flash of light shot right at her from this women. She could not help herself and spoke in the mind as if it was the most natural way to talk with this woman Mother? Carolyne almost fell down to her knees. The total memory of her first child flooded into her mind. A hidden door was opened and the child that she had lost when she was only 15 years of age was sitting in front of her. The child had died at birth due to complications. She had buried the entire ordeal behind this locked door and had never discussed it with Bill or anyone. Yes dear Elizabeth I had locked the door and forgot where you went. Lisa completely stopped eating and her plate fell to the floor. The other children stopped eating and looked at Lisa as she stood up and moved to the tall dark haired woman that was standing close by. Carolyne held out her arms and Lisa closed into them. As Carolyne hugged her tight the little girl began to shake with emotion and tears flowed freely from her. I swam the river and ran into a beach of hard rock and the light was extinguished. I traveled through darkness and then found myself in a room that had shiny stones on a table. I was given a choice of where I would travel to next and it took me some time to decide.

Evelyne and Eryne both floated over to Carolyne and Lisa. Eryne spoke to Lisa and welcomed her sister. Debbie was astonished but knew in her heart that Lisa had been searching for truth since she was old enough to speak. She also knew that Hank and Kurt were different from other children. That is why she had become friends with Hank at an early age in her life. She and Hank had grown up together and when Lisa was born she had immediately taken to her and protected her. Her parents were both very educated people and worked in the computer industry. She had been raised to the point of being able to walk and talk and then given over to nannies to take care of her. When her mother became pregnant with Lisa she and her husband continued to commute to the corporation of science until just a few weeks before delivery. They worked for the ministry of the Emperor as it had become after the devastation of the D.C. debacle in 2019 as all major learning centers and industry had been co-opted by the State. Hank’s Parents worked for the same corporation and the families stayed together during the mean times, as she thought of them, when the police and the military began rounding up people that spoke against the dictatorship of the country. She had been born in 2022 and Hank had been born the same year. She later learned that the mean years had started shortly after the nuclear attack on the United States and continued to this day. Lisa was born just after she had turned 8 years and 2 years later they had met Kurt. She knew then that something was different about him and the four children became the closest friends. Lisa and Kurt were only a few years apart, Kurt seemed to be older. She and Hank naturally became the guardians of the two younger children and they all did everything together.

Hank watched the two women walk into the garden. The tall dark haired woman stopped abruptly and he saw her look at Lisa with wide eyes. He felt something emanating from this woman and then Lisa dropped her plate of food on the floor. He was not sure what was transpiring but something was connecting between Lisa and the woman. He then noticed the flash of light that seemed to shine from the woman’s eyes and connect with Lisa. He had always known that Lisa was special and when they all had been caught at the pond when the earth shook and fire spewed from the ground he could hear in his head the frightened feelings and thoughts from her and Kurt. He had already been able to speak to Debbie and her to him in their minds but when the two younger children began to speak and he could hear them he knew then that they were all connected. The next thing that amazed him was when the two young girls that appeared to be around the same age as he and Debbie levitated from their seats and moved to the woman and Lisa. He did not know what to do and Debbie spoke to him in the mind. Did you see that? These people seem to know how to do the things that we have talked about. Yes this is an amazing place and those two girls are amazing. I think you and I should talk with them. We have spent most of our lives being alone and thinking that no one else could understand us. Our parents always seemed to be away and never really cared for us yet these people feel closer than any one else in our lives. That woman and Lisa have made a connection and something is happening. Yes, Kurt has become very attached to the man that saved him from that building when it collapsed.

Kurt was so hungry and had finally stopped being in traumatic fear although it seemed like it was taking forever to him, he did not catch the electric connection between Lisa and the tall dark haired woman that walked in with the other woman. He kept shoveling the food down and was completely startled when Lisa dropped her plate. Looking up from his plate, he stopped chewing because the light beam that was connecting the woman with Lisa was so bright he was almost blinded. He watched Lisa almost run to the woman and hug her. He could hear them talking in the mind speak but it was like a soft whisper and he could not catch all the words. When he was first born all the whispering was awash in his mind and he soon learned to shut it out because it frightened him and he wished for it to go away. He did understand what the people around him said in a loud booming voice and learned how to speak the words very quickly. When he became older he met Lisa who was younger than he was. Her parents knew his parents in some way and had brought her and her older sister Debbie over and from that time on it seemed Debbie and Lisa would spend a lot of time with him.

He had found that he could move objects by just thinking about it. The discovery was due to being in his crib one night and wanting something from the other side of the room. He stood up in the crib and reached for the object and in his mind he visualized it being in his hand. The toy actually rose and floated to him and once he had it he lay back down and was content. The next morning his mother was confused that the toy was in the crib instead of where she had put it the night before. Kurt heard her confusion and then heard her talk to his father about the strange occurrence. He understood that what he had done was like a taboo or some such so he only did it when he was sure no one would suspect something like it again. He would not do it in front of Debbie or Lisa because he liked them very much and did not want to frighten them. As they grew up together, it seemed that their parents became scarcer in their lives and Debbie seemed to be the mother or big sister that took care of them mostly. When He had turned 4 years old, Debbie had met Hank and she and he seemed to hang out together more so. Hank was a real good guy and would help Debbie watch him and Lisa was still just a baby. Lisa was only a few years younger than he was but they played together when Hank and Debbie were around. He had felt like a big brother to Lisa and Debbie was like an older sister so they became family as they grew up.

There always seemed to be shaking of the ground in their town but mostly the shaking would last for a few minutes or so and then go away. Sometimes glass would break in the windows and things would fall off the shelves or tables but nothing really caused major fear with the people that lived there. The four of them did watch a lot of their friends and families move away and it seemed that the town was becoming more deserted by the time he turned 8 and Lisa turned 5. It was shortly after their birthdays that all four of them had went to the swimming hole and the world changed for all of them. He remembered the scene so vividly that it was yesterday for him. Hank and Debbie had tried to get them back to the town but the ground was shaking constantly now and fire was spewing up from cracks. Brush and trees were catching fire so Hank turned around and took them to a cave that seemed to be safe. They had packed a lunch in some baskets but that soon ran out and all they had was a flashlight and some basic survival items. They were able to build some fires in the cave to keep warm and Hank and Debbie had found some tubers and berries to eat. A few days later the earth had stopped shaking and Hank figured it would be safe enough to get back to town. When all the commotion had started and they retreated to the cave, the talking in the mind started up and they all discovered that they could communicate that way. Lisa seemed to be the most vocal in the mind and they soon began experimenting with the mind talk in different ways.

The way back to town was like a nightmare for them. They came across complete houses that had fallen into sinkholes and the earth appeared to be shattered where large cracks and fissures had opened up. Hank took them to the town first and they could find no one it was as if the entire town had been deserted. As they walked up and down the streets the earth shook sporadically and they were not sure if it was going to be the end or not. Hank finally led them to their home and screamed for their parents. The entire house had fallen in and they finally found mother and father buried under the rubble. All of them had cried and hugged each other and it seemed that something changed in Hank. It was like he became very distant but after awhile he turned and led them all toward Debbie and Lisa’s house. Reaching the house Debbie ran up to it as fast as she could. The place was still standing somewhat and she screamed for her parents but no one answered. The car was gone and they saw the tracks leading out of the yard and toward the main road. Debbie had sat down on the road and cried and Lisa had sat with her. Hank finally helped her up and they all walked back toward his and Hanks house. He felt an empty spot in his heart but he really never got real close to his parents as they were not there much in the first 5 years of his life. They trudged on anyway and started coming across giant fissures in the road to the house. As they approached their neighborhood he saw quite a few cars tipped on their sides in the fissures and it was the third car they walked by when he spotted Debbie and Lisa’s parents. He ran up to it and both parents were inside and the car had been crushed as the earth apparently had closed back up enough to do that. The sight of Debbie and Lisa’s father and mother’s crushed and broken bodies made him cry and hold Lisa while she cried.. Hank stood next to Debbie as she blankly starred at her dead parents. They all finally left the area and walked slowly toward the dead town. Debbie did not cry until a week later.

They found a place in one of the buildings that was left standing, of which in an uncanny way a good part of the town buildings survived, and began to use it as a place to sleep and eat while they searched for any other people that might still be living in the town or surrounding area. None of them understood at first why the town had been abandoned and they had been left behind but they soon come to understand. They began to move around more often because the wild dogs would come around hunting for food and soon enough find them. Hank had suffered wounds from fighting the creatures off and they finally found weapons to defend themselves. They did find one old man that lived at the base of the mountain to the south west and stayed with him for a few months and then he died one night and they buried him. It had been over a year when these people came and took them away to this wonderful place they found themselves in. The man that had saved him felt like a father to him so much more than the other father that was killed. He felt the pure love from this man and his attachment became that of a father and son.

All of this memory was like reliving a nightmare every time he would fall asleep and wake up. He watched the tall dark haired woman come over and the crashing of Lisa’s plate had sent him back through the memories. The two young girls that had levitated over to Lisa and the woman opened up those closed off memories of his capability to levitate objects. He started to eat once again but something stirred inside and he realized that this woman was somehow very connected to his new found father. One of the young girls that had spoken to Lisa and called her sister turned and looked directly at him. She spoke into his mind and said you and I must connect and all four of you must learn your inner selves. You are part of my father from another life. You must know that all life is connected. The girl floated over to him and spoke out loud. “I am Eryne and known of the spirit as Luun. You are Kurt as I am told and yet you have another spiritual name. Please continue to eat as I know that you have not been able to nourish yourself for quite sometime now. We will be meeting soon enough.” Kurt did feel a connection to this girl as well as the other girl and gladly continued to eat. The time grew long or so they all thought and so many people came and went and the children felt the pure love of the haven. Evelyne and Eryne finally took the children and they all moved to a building and into living quarters that seemed big enough for all of them to sleep in. Kevin and Kristyl retired to their living quarters as did Carolyne and Bill. The children began to understand and know who they were and what they were going to do. The meeting with the girls and them had just begun.
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

28 THE CAVES OF THE KIREALS

Sssss’Ra-Ki had been ordered to go up to the surface and scout. K’Sssha-Ki had wanted to find out if any new humans had come to inhabit the place above them. They had captured two within the last few *Klatches. One was still being experimented on while the other had been eaten by K’Sssha-Ki. The rhumba had dwindled to a very small number since the Great War with the beings of this world. The Kireals had conquered the Grouth and the S’iruss that was the only other species left after the war. There once was around 7 different species but most left during the war between them all for domination of this world. The S’iruss was easy because they were a weak race of peace lovers and would not fight. The Grouth were stronger and it took more to subdue them. Both sides had lost many soldiers in the ensuing battles after the war with the indigenous beings of this planet. His rhumba had managed to destroy most of the dimensional gates of the other species and kept one of their own. A few Klotches later that gate had malfunctioned and members of his rhumba had been dissolved as they tried to go back to their home world. After that they begin to repair the gate but to this day had not been able to make it work and their rhumba was dwindling down to around 20 or so. If not for the superior weapons they had the Grouth would have overtaken them by now.

During those wars and infighting the surface beings had closed off their access openings and placed deadly blocks that caused them to die in horrible ways if they tried to escape. Sssss’Ra-Ki remembered being burned very bad leading a Rhumba of nesters to one of the openings. The ship they were on failed to open the rock door and crashed into it. He and only a few were able to survive while 12 others burned to death. He could still feel the melting of his scales as he struggled to escape the destruction of the ship. He still had very bad scars from that ordeal. The surface dwellers had sealed the opening with something that they could not get through. Their beam weapons could not penetrate the hard metallic substance. The surface dwellers lived above them on a very hard material that they could not get through very easily. After the war and the enslavement of the Grouth who were natural underworld species the Kireals forced them to dig through the black dense rock. Many of them died trying to dig through but finally reached the surface. When they had first reached the surface they stealthily began to take the surface dwellers below for experimentation and feeding. Shortly after that they were discovered and the access was sealed with the same substance as the space craft entrance. They spent another number of *Klotches digging around the sealed access and made a small opening that was concealed just to the outside of a small structure that the surface dwellers erected over their first breach to the surface.

Sssss’Ra-Ki had moved from the well hidden entrance over to the large surface structure that was located a distance from where the surface dweller beings seemed to stay most of the time. While standing outside of the structure he heard surface dwellers speaking or making noise. He bent down and looked into an opening in the wall of the structure and saw three dwellers. He understood the speech of these creatures from the experimentation of them over the years and knew that they were planning to invade the caves below. He knew that there were still things below that belonged to these beings, although he did not understand some of it, and thought to tell his leader immediately. He stood and ran off as quick as he could on the surface because the air was too thick for his kind to move as easily as down in the caves below. He reached the entrance and slid down the hole while grabbing the cover material to close off the hole. His scales allowed him to slither down the hole and at the same time cling to the surface.

Time reference
*Klotches………represents years
*Klatches………represents months
*Klitches……….represents days
*Klicks…………represents hours
*Klacks………….represents minutes

As soon as Sssss’Ra-Ki hit the bottom of the shaft he hurried to the main chamber to tell K’Sssha-Ki what he had discovered. He ran into SSsss’Ya-Ki at the entrance to the main chamber and the idiot stopped him. “What do you want with K’Sssha-Ki?” “Get out of my way you idiot, I have very important information for our supreme leader.” Before SSsss’Ya-Ki could respond K’Sssha-Ki opened the closure and asked what was going on. SSsss’Ya-Ki spoke first and said “Sssss’Ra-Ki was trying to enter your quarters without leave my Supreme.” K’Sssha-Ki looked at Sssss’Ra-Ki and asked if he had been successful on the surface. SSsss’Ya-Ki hissed and tried to step in-between the Supreme and Sssss’Ra-Ki. K’Sssha-Ki swung his arm and knocked the idiot to his side. “You will let Sssss’Ra-Ki into my chambers and you will do extra guard duty here. You Will not question this soldier again as he is in my personal service. Now get back to your post.” K’Sssha-Ki turned and walked back into his chamber and Sssss’Ra-Ki followed him in as the closure shut.

As the Supreme moved to his desk, he asked if Sssss’Ra-Ki would like one of the tiny rodents to eat. Sssss’Ra-Ki knew it would be rude of him to not except the offer so he moved to the wall that had all the little hatches and retrieved the little rodent and stuffed it into his mouth in one gulp. The Kireals had discovered these creatures many Klotches before and found them to be very good eating. After gulping down the rodent K’Sssha-Ki gestured for him to sit. “What have you found on the surface?” “I have seen 3 new humans in the place above. I am not sure if there are more or will be more but I overheard them talking about invading us down here.” “Are you sure of this?” “Yes I heard one of them say that they were going to tell others about the sealed up place we first created and how they could get down that way. We must prepare for another surface dweller invasion on us.” K’Sssha-Ki paused and thought about the first war they had with the surface dwellers and it gave him shutters. “There are only 20 of us left and we can’t get the gate to open yet. We border on the edge of loosing our control of the Grouth. I am not so concerned about the S’iruss although they might be persuaded to join the Grouth if those rotten diggers tell them with enough conviction that we could be overthrown.” “You must get Ssssss’Na-Ki and SSSss’Bal-Ki to help you gather the rest in preparation for the attack. That idiot SSsss’Ya-Ki has been conspiring to overthrow me for Klatches now and has two others that have joined him. Keep your enemies close as it has been said. You will put him and his conspirators at the front of the rhumba so he will be the first to do battle and perhaps he will be killed swiftly. If he is not you will make sure that he dies in the battle, do you understand me?” Sssss’Ra-Ki thoroughly understood and said so to the Supreme leader. “Good, now go and make ready and I will make sure that SSsss’Ya-Ki knows that you are in command of the battle to come.”

K’Sssha-Ki and Sssss’Ra-Ki were the only two Kireals left that could access the area that the surface dwellers had created before the war to store the tubes and canisters of something that would destroy the caves completely. K’Sssha-Ki had watched a number of his mates die horrible deaths when they came in close proximity and contact with the tubes and canisters. There always seemed to be a greenish glow in that area and he was glad that it was sealed off from the main caves. He used it to punish would be dissenters and had pushed a number of the S’iruss and Grouth into the area and shut the opening quickly enough that the deadly glowing substance could not escape. He knew the dissenters would not live long and soon enough they would even be dissolved.. The place was located well away from the main caves and it was forbidden for any to go down the long narrow passageway. K’Sssha-Ki had sensors installed at the entrance and if anyone tried to go down the long passageway an alarm would sound in his chamber. When Sssss’Ra-Ki told him about the surface dwellers invading their domain he thought that they were coming for the remaining objects that they never were able to get during the war and after. He would know if the surface dwellers got past his rhumba and entered the passageway and he had already planted some deadly devices to kill them if and when they ever made it that far.

SSsss’Ya-Ki was very sore from the hit by the Supreme. His hatred for him and that sycophant Ra-Ki threatened to boil over quite often now. At first he had tried to reason with these leaders that they were dying and needed to put more effort into getting the gate open so more of their species could come through and begin the domination of this world as was planned from the beginning. He had been told that in time they would fix the gate but other things took precedence for now. He kept hearing that for Klotches now and meanwhile the rhumba dwindled in numbers. He lost his entire nest in the last 10 Klotches and watched others loose their nests also while this mad eel gathered more power and took food away from the rhumba. If anyone spoke against the Supreme he would have them thrown into the green mist chamber which further reduced the rhumba. He watched and heard the rumblings from the Grouth as the rhumba became smaller and smaller. He knew it would not be much longer before the rhumba was overtaken by the Grouth and the end would be swift and gruesome. At first he tried to tell the Supreme of what was beginning but was cuffed and even beaten by the Supremes closest of his own nest. If not for their superior weapon’s, he knew they would have been taken over long before now because the Grouth outnumbered them at two to one and that was over 15 Klotches ago.

It had been not quite a hundred Klotches since they first arrived on this world through the gate. Their planned domination at first had only been 100 Klotches and here it was close to that time and they only had 20 left in the rhumba and no way to bring re-enforcements. His scales ached from the frustration he faced daily with the power mad eel and his minions. His two companions that agreed with him had lost their nests also and the three of them had been planning the takeover for Klatches now. SSSss’Ma-Ki was the most learned Scientist and Mechanic of the Gate but had been stopped by the Supreme in trying to fix it. SSsS’Ur-Ki was just another soldier that had come through to fight for the domination. He was needed to fight off the others to get to K’Sssha-Ki. Once He was in control then SSSss’Ma-Ki could fix the gate and they could bring others through and go home themselves for a much needed time with other nests.

The latest encounter with Sssss’Ra-Ki was very odd and he knew something big was going on. He could hardly wait to talk with his two companions. His mind was reeling with these thoughts when Sssss’Ra-Ki came out and just a few Klacks later the Supreme leader called him in. As he entered the chamber he was thinking that he was going to be reprimanded and punished. Stopping at the front of the desk he heard the Supreme tell him to relax. His scales fell into a smooth state and then the punishment came. “I have placed Sssss’Ra-Ki in charge of the rhumba as General and you will obey his every order from this point forward. Do you understand?” He felt the mirth and guile of this Lizard/eel and all he could do was say “yes Supreme Leader.” “Good, now here is what we must do. It appears that the surface dwellers have renewed their fight against us and will be invading soon so you and your companions will have to fight at the front of this invasion. Sssss’Ra-Ki is rounding up the rest of the rhumba and you will all take up guard at the access to the surface.” “Yes Supreme Leader.” “Very good.” And with a wave of his hand said “Dismissed.” SSsss’Ya-Ki Stumbled from the chamber and headed straight for his companion’s chambers. His thoughts now jumped forward and he began to plot his and his companion’s course to overthrow the Supreme lizard/eel as quick as possible. He had no way of knowing if what the Supreme just told him was the truth but he was sure that it would all come forward as soon as he was in control and hopefully save some lives. He also planned to end Sssss’Ra-Ki’s existence in the process.
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

29 THE GROUTH

The Caves had three different levels. The upper most level that was closest to the surface was the Kireals domain mostly. They ruled the other two species from there. The second level belonged to the S’iruss who were nothing more than slaves to the other two species, the Kireals first and then the Grouth. The lowest level belonged to the Grouth and it was the only safe place they had because the Kireals would seldom come this deep. The gates to home worlds and dimensions had been destroyed by the Kireals in the first wars on the two lowest levels so the species could not escape or bring others to help. The Grouth had been enslaved after a long and deadly war with the Kireals. The S’iruss never even put up a fight so they became worthless in helping with the war. The species that lived on the surface of this world at first had cooperated with all that came from other worlds and dimensions then at a point it all went bad and the wars began between all species. There had been negotiations as to who was going to control the caves and who would control the surface. The Kireals were the most war like species and had been experimenting with the surface species and had even been eating them. When the surface species discovered this they at first allowed some of it to continue but then a war broke out between them and the Kireals that became quite bloody until the surface species left the underground and proceeded to seal all the accesses to the outside. After that no species from the underground that were from other worlds and dimensions could get out to the surface.

The wars between the underground began in earnest and finally the Kireals won and the other species that inhabited the caves besides the Grouth and the S’iruss left through their gates and destroyed them as they left. G’digggg-Rs remembered all of this and had lost his entire family during the wars. His closest friend G’hammm-Rs had also lost his family and the two of them were in control of the entire Coterie of their species. There were only about 50 of them left. They had 100 up to about 4 years prior but 50 of them banded together and began to explore the lower caves below them. It was thought that those caves would lead to pure death but those that left could not continue to be slaves to the Kireals so death seemed the better option to them and they placed their hope in the Theory that one of their gates still existed further below and they would find it and go back to their home universe. There had been no word from the split Coterie since and they were thought to be lost forever.

G’digggg-Rs had been notified by one of the small shovel clan something was happening on the upper level of the Kireals. He did not know for sure but they were gathering at the old passage way to the surface. G’digggg-Rs knew that there was another escape tube because 12 of his clan had been killed during the second dig after the first one had been sealed. The Snakes had forced them to dig the second one and held them at bay with the green death ray weapons they possessed while they broke through the black hard material. He also knew that the Kireals had dwindled down to a very few left, he did not know the exact count but it was reaching a critical small amount that he and the other clans could overcome soon. He waited patiently for that moment when they would destroy the snake species. He needed more information of what was happening above and the anxious feeling in his gut was building. He had sent G’spaaaaa-Dr1 back to gather more information and waited for the info now as he planned the right moves and time to attack the snakes.
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

30 THE S’IRUSS

In the cave of light stakes, Issona sat next to the great pool of water in pure meditation. The constant dripping of the light stakes into the pool always allowed him to sink deeply into the peace and love that his species believed in. He came here every waking period and meditated on the re-awakening of his species and the return to their home world. When the Gate had been opened to this world, the first explorers came and discovered that the species living on the globe could be peaceful but they were at the stage of being at war in their evolution. His learned elders had come and discovered that the species had evolved to the Government stage of existence and they thought that they could help the species to evolve beyond and into the peace and love stage sooner than later and the connection between worlds would be a great awakening for all concerned. They did not realize at first that other species from different dimensions and worlds of the same universe had managed to open portals onto this world also. The explorers that had taken space craft and moved through portals had been watching this world and some had been captured and experimented on. They finally created a portal on other worlds in this universe and became very weary of how they explored from that point forward. The wars that happened had trapped his colony and the beings calling themselves the Kireals destroyed their only gate from these caves so they became silent and observant to the other species while they waited for the change that would surely come. His colony endured the expelling of their spirits from the fleshy bodies as the other species committed unspeakable acts of destruction against their corporeal illusions as he saw them.

As he continued to ponder these memories and meditate, ISonda approached him and sat down to wait for him to acknowledge his presence. He felt the spirit of ISonda and brought himself into the illusion to converse. He finally turned and asked in the mind what might be the issue. ISonda did not hear in his mind. Issona sighed and finally spoke aloud to him. “What is it you have come here for?” ISonda spoke aloud and told him that the Kireals were stirring and gathering at the only opening that any of them knew about to the surface world. “Why do you not speak in the mind to me and instead use the loud speech?” ISonda spoke again in the loud speech and said “Because I have forgotten that way of communication my Master. It has been so long that we have been free to be as we once were.” “There is a stirring of the above lords and now there is even more stirring from the ones below.” Issona looked at him and said “I will forgive the forgetting of mind talk so now tell me what you think might be transpiring?” “Yes Master, Ishoona has told me that she has heard that there are surface dwellers preparing to invade the caves again.” “You must not call them surface dwellers ISonda; they are a species called humans and it is very important that we remember that.” “Yes Master but that is what we hear from the Kireals and the Grouth.” “I do not care what those two species call them, we will stay as we are and call them by who they are, do you not understand this?” “Yes Master and when do you see us being a part of the life force of these humans?”

Issona closed his eyes and sat very calmly while he composed himself. ISonda was the perfect example of the deterioration of the colonies spiritual balance in life, Impatient and always scurrying around, never taking time to meditate anymore. ISonda and most of the others had forgotten how to hear and speak telepathically. It seemed that their hearts were drying up and shrinking. Living in close proximity to two warring races had caused his colony to close them selves off from the open spiritual life they had lived on their home world. “I will tell you now so you may meditate and contemplate what may be going to happen. You must prepare and spread the words that I am saying to the entire colony that is left. I have been trying to tell all of you to not forget who you are but it appears that my words go unheeded and fall to the ground with no meaning. Please listen very carefully and counsel the colony as I am counseling you now.”

ISonda had heard the wise sage speak like this before and had become bored with his counsel simply because nothing ever happened. He was impatient as Issona said but it never seemed that Issona’s words came true and he and so many others had grown tired of waiting for the great change. There were very few that still meditated and followed the spiritual ways of the colony. Ishoona, ISHoda and Sironna, was the only three besides Issona that still followed the spiritual ways of his peoples. If anyone else was still doing it he did not know of them. That was the other loss that the colony suffered, the pure connection of all. ISonda and a huddle of his followers had began to think in the war terms like the other two species and plotted to steal some of the Kireals weapons so they could destroy them and turn the tables on the Grouth.

“Will you not heed my words even now that I will tell you what is coming? You are still preoccupied and do not listen to your spirit, heart. ISonda, I do not know how to reach you with the words or the thoughts of what is to come. You have asked what to do and what is coming and when it will happen and how to help but you refuse to listen. These will be my last words to you about the coming.” ISonda squirmed but thought to listen this one last time to this Silly old S’mon. Even the S’wan thought him to be lost to the ages. His mate was still part and parcel of the spirit but she had begun to grow further away from the ways of the S’iruss. The S’mon always loved and treated their S’wan as equals but since being down here and being slaves all this time they all had shifted away from the peace and love and more to the war and hate as the Kireals committed unspeakable things to them. He could not seem to help him self from thinking about all of the things even though he tried very hard to calm himself to listen to the words of Issona. “Yes Master I await your wise words with anticipation.”

Issona held himself in calmness and studied the face of ISonda. He also knew the thoughts of the S’mon but still proceeded to tell him the near future of their existence. “Your heart is weak and your spirit seems to be in hiding ISonda but in the very near future there is going to be a great disturbance in these caves. The humans are going to come here once again in search of things they left a long time ago and they will destroy them. They have great warriors that have the heart and spirit of their world’s wise humans. They will fight with the Kireals and destroy them or send them back to their own world. They will make peace with the Grouth and send them home also.” “Wait Master, how can that be when there are no gates left for them to go through?” “ISonda, the humans will find the only gate left for them and they will go willingly back to their home world. This I tell you in certainty for it will happen with us also.” As in our situation there will be some of us that will remain to help with the healing of this world and will bring a bond between our species that will last. We both have creations that will allow us to travel to each others worlds and many other places in the universes. I have already met and visited with those that may have begun the healing here and have also been to our home world.”

ISonda was astonished by these words and thought to him self that this old S’mon had finally lost all sense of reality and begin to think that he should gather some others and remove this Master and replace him with someone that still had a sense of reality. The Idea that there was still a viable gate for them to return home made him speak irrationally to the master. “Master, I have to ask, where do you know of a gate we can use to return to our home world? All of them were destroyed by the Kireals a long time ago and here we are still. If there is one and you have known about it I will gather some others and we will remove you from the Master position but you will show us the gate first.” “ISonda, I did not say I knew of a gate but rather I said that we would be able to go home. Now I see your true intentions and I am so saddened that you have turned away from our true ways. I will only say what is left to say to you and give this thought that you see the right way and come back to the spirit. I have told you what is coming and here is what you must do and that is to gather the colony and all meditate of the peace and love. Now I know that you are thinking of doing the ways of the slave masters and planning to war with these species. I will say this only then, go and do what you think is best. Just be prepared to accept the consequences of your actions.” ISonda became angry, as was his way now, and stood up abruptly. The words had stung and burned and he thought now about removing this old S’mon as soon as possible as he turned and hurried from the light stake cavern. His frustration and hate made his gut burn and he headed for Isssho and ISHoooo’s rookery
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

31 A BURIAL AND THE BABY

The Chopper came in low and barely brushed the tops of the old growth Douglas fir trees. The Blue Mountains of Eastern Oregon were covered with many types of conifer trees and this particular area just happened to be a large forest of Douglas fir. Mary had searched her gear to make sure there weren’t any other humans on the ground. The small meadow was clear of trees for a distance of at least a hundred and 50 feet in all directions. The thick tall Doug fir trees surrounded the area and it seemed like the perfect place for them to land. Ken and Sally were consoling Bethy as she was morning the loss of her other son Bill. Buffalo had been taken at the base of Mount Rainer and now Bill had died in that place on the ocean, saving them from some crazy people. All of them were thinking about the loss of their companions on this dangerous mission. They had managed to remove all five nuclear bombs that the mad man had planted. They had lost Tamara and Buffalo in Washington State and then John and Bill on the west coast of Oregon. They retrieved the bodies of John and Bill and were going to bury them in this meadow. Tamara never came out of the mountain and Buffalo had been buried close to that lake at the base of Mt. Rainer.

Samuel lowered the bird into the meadow and left the rotor on standby. They all sat and starred out the front or the side windows while their thoughts of the deceased flooded their memories. Mary knew that Tamara was inside her and would come back. She did not know if Tamara would be born in the Haven or perhaps during the soon to be war in Colorado. She did know that Tamara would be born as the baby talked with her. Samuel knew that Tamara was coming back also and that gave him solace but the others that had been taken made him very sad. Ken and Sally were lost in sorrow for two dogs and one brother companion. Bethy seemed to be the most hurt. She lost both of her children. All she could do was lie on the deck and make small whimpering sounds. Sally and Ken both talked quietly and were petting her but they knew that she was going to be hurting for quite awhile. Samuel had turned to speak to Ken and Sally about burying Bill and John here when Mary tapped him on the shoulder. He turned to look at her and saw her pointing out the front window. Samuel turned and looked straight at the small herd of deer standing just inside the meadow from the wall of trees.

Honovi, Afra, Starbuck and Dori had been told about the mission of Samuel and Mary and their companions and how four beings had been taken from the great mother recently. They had been given the vision of where Samuel and Mary would land in this forest and a portal was opened for them to be there. They watched the chopper lower down easy and rest on the meadow. Honovi was guided to the place where the burial would happen and as he saw the humans look at him he began to walk to the north side of the meadow and stopped at a place that was lush with wild flowers. Samuel stood up and said “looks like a small welcoming committee for the funeral. Shall we take John and Bill to their resting place?” They had wrapped Bill and John in some material that Mary retrieved from the Haven and took them from the chopper. Samuel instinctively began walking toward Honovi who was standing close to the small mound that was covered with the wild flowers. As they came up, Afra spoke and asked were Bethy was. They had been so busy with getting John and Bills bodies to the mound that they completely missed the fact that Bethy wasn’t with them. Sally started to go back to the chopper when Dori moved in front of her and spoke into her mind. Let me get her, she is broken and must recover soon. She will meet another in the haven that will be a strong mate for her and she will have more babies. I will talk with her and bring her here. Dori turned and walked toward the chopper.

Inside the chopper, Bethy lay on the deck with her heart broken. All the memories of her children growing up and the times they fought along side each other had caused her to not want to move. She had watched the others pick up Bill’s and John’s bodies and take them from the chopper. She knew they intended to bury them in the earth. The tears of her soul ran profusely and she was ready to give her life up. You know, mother of bill and buffalo, you have many times left here and you must meet the one that waits for you at the place called the haven. He has waited for you for along time and you shall have more babies. Sally and Ken wait your healing and they too will have children that will grow with your babies. So, you must come and say farewell to Bill and John as their spirits have already found other bodies to inhabit. Bethy opened her eyes and starred at the deer that was standing with her head in the cabin. She stood up and moved to the animal and placed her head very close. She sensed the love coming from this deer. Jumping down from the chopper, she began her journey to say farewell. https://youtu.be/QE8YLPHZImw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://youtu.be/QE8YLPHZImw

Samuel was going to remove enough dirt from the mound to place the man and his dog into and then cover it all back up. He was not sure if the extra lush amount of wild flowers would stay. Mary had asked him about that with some concern. They laid John and Bill down and waited for Samuel to dissolve the earth so they could lay the bodies in. Samuel pulled his TMG and started to make it remove just a fraction of the soil. Honovi spoke quickly into his mind. Samuel, you must not do that. The Mother has a better way. Place the bodies on the mound, you can lay them in the wildflowers. They were brought here for this very reason. You must wait but you will see how mother so loving utilizes the corporeal shells we inhabit while in this place.

Samuel and Ken with Mary and Sally’s help moved the bodies of John and Bill to the top of the mound and laid them down. Honovi had asked them to remove the wrap from around their bodies, so they did and they all backed up. The deer split up just enough that they made a partial circle around the mound and the 4 humans and 1 dog moved into positions to complete a circle of life around the mound. As they stood in that circle it seemed that John and Bill’s bodies were encased in the flowers. The flowers grew so thick that the bodies were covered and it looked like there was one giant flower. The pixels of flowers melded into the rainbow of colors and within a few moments neither body could be seen. A few minutes into the swarming movement of vegetation, the flowers began to fall apart once again and also began to shrink into the grassy soil. As everyone watched, the grassy mound returned to just a grassy mound, dotted with many colored wild flowers. In the middle of the mound, Mary saw something interesting and moved to the closest place she could find without actually climbing the mound which appeared to have grown somewhat in size. She could see the small tree that had sprouted after the whole ceremony of the flowers. The tree was a sapling of a Doug fir. She smiled and knew that the corporeal containers where John and Bill lived had now brought fourth the new life of this tree. They visited with Honovi and his family and when they climbed into the chopper it seemed as if they had been uplifted.

Mary was looking down at the area where the patriot base was supposed to be located. There was no sign of life and she read zero heat signatures except for some small animals. They were told of a secret base in a hill so Samuel thought to set down close to the coordinates. On the ground Ken and Samuel stayed cloaked and moved to the location. What they found was a hill but no secret entrances, just an ordinary mound of dirt in the desert. They both moved around a bigger radius but found nothing. Back in the chopper, Samuel and Ken both were baffled. “Are we sure this is the right coordinance for that base?” Mary examined her Intel and remembered what Bill had said about the place.

“I am pretty certain, this is the place, where do you suppose they went and why and how long ago?” Samuel didn’t have any answers for those questions. All he knew at the moment was the secret base did not exist. “I thought we were supposed to meet here and storm that old base to the south.” Ken and Sally had listened to this conversation and Ken was just as mystified as Samuel. “I know Major Wheeler and I know the Sergeant Major and I would never think that they would abandon this mission. The way I heard it was whoever was in control at the old Groom Lake area was completely insane and he was in the process of spreading some very nasty biological, chemical poisons on the west coast population. Fortunately we have removed the nuclear threat of the north Subduction zone. Has anyone heard from the other team that is working on the San Andreas Fault line?” Mary said she hadn’t heard from anybody for the last week. She was a bit worried but she knew that Kevin, Kristyl, Bill and Logan were very busy with the other nukes and not hearing from the Patriots, not to speak of the team over at the Dulce place in New Mexico gave her thought to reach out. Someone at the Haven would have some answers she was sure. Samuel told everyone to strap in, “We are going to see what is happening down at that Groom Lake base.”

A very short time later Samuel brought the chopper to a hover and they all looked at the dust and smoke coming from the ground. They had come to the North air field. The guard shack where the gates should be was in a rubble pile with fire burning it. Samuel flew along the fence line to the west and all they could see were pieces of the fence still standing. Samuel flew back toward the main North base and then they saw parts of the jets in the ground. It looked like this could have been ground zero for a small nuclear blast. The ground had literally swallowed most of the jets. The runway was all broken up and heaved in many places. When they came in over the buildings, they were all smashed and laying in heaps like the guard shack. They saw one vehicle that looked like it had been hit with a missile but no others. Mary said that the only signs of life were small signatures and they seemed to be running all around. Samuel asked her for the coordinance for the west air base and they began to move that direction. Sally was the first to notice the vehicle alone the road as they flew south. Samuel was just starting to turn toward the west when she spotted it. “What is that? She asked hurriedly. Samuel slowed the chopper and circled around. They landed on the road surface and could see the old gas powered Jeep. The rear end was tilted to one side. Ken said he would go and see if anyone was around. Mary told him that there was a faint heat signature but it was so faint she thought it might be another small animal. Ken jumped out and was cloaked. He walked to the old jeep and inspected it. The rear wheel and tire were not on and this is why the jeep was sunk on that side. He walked around the vehicle and then saw the tracks and blood in the sand. He came across a colonel who had been shot at least three times. He figured the one in the head had done him in. He then noticed that the man was missing a hand. Someone had neatly cut it off at the wrist. He came close enough to see the name on the shirt and made note of it.
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

When he climbed back aboard he told them that someone had murdered a colonel Saulinsky and cut his hand off for some sick reason. I didn’t find his hand so someone or something may have taken it away. Samuel raised the bird and they flew toward the West air base. As they came in over the air strip they could see the jets in the field had all collapsed and some of them were sideways in deep trenches. Another unexplained site that looked similar to the first one but more of the planes were still on the surface although all of them looked as if there was no landing gear. Samuel hovered over the only building left standing. Half the roof was caved in and they could see a large jet with rubble on top of it and it looked as if it had suffered a missile also. Mary said “There are not any signs of life here either.” Samuel turned the chopper toward the southern main base and flew south east. This was a giant mystery to them at the moment. Mary kept looking at her gear to see if there was any life but had not seen any yet other than the small creatures she knew were living in this desert. The site at the main base was totally bazaar. The runway to the west had pieces of what might have been drones scattered all over. The hanger was burning with small fires and they could see a Leer jet sitting inside the mess. It had a wing missing and the cockpit looked like it had caved in. The most bazaar thing they saw was the giant black hole. It looked to be hundreds of feet wide or in diameter and was billowing dark smoke out. Mary did her search and said, there isn’t any life in that pit” Samuel wanted to know how deep it went and Mary told him from her reading it looked like hundreds and hundreds of feet but she could not be certain due to the interference she was getting.

Samuel pitched the chopper back toward the North and said “Let’s get off this base and set down up there where that patriot base was supposed to be and maybe we can contact someone to get a SITREP on this place. They all agreed and Samuel moved the chopper away from all the mayhem they had come across. They found a protected place and set the bird down. Bethy was the first out and she ran off into some Yucca trees. Ken and Sally hopped down and walked around. Ken found a shady place under some oak trees and sat down on some rocks. Samuel made sure the bird was cloaked and still on stealth mode before he climbed out and joined the others in the shade. He brought another can of water and some blankets to lie on the ground. Mary had sat down on a rock after leaving the chopper and looked like she was going to faint, Samuel walked to her and asked if she needed some water. “You don’t look so good honey.” Mary looked at him with sleepy eyes and her breathing was becoming shallow. She started to speak and fell forward. Samuel stopped her from falling face first into the sand and told Sally to get Bethy; they were going to the Haven. He opened a portal to the garden and carried Mary to a lounge. The others came through and stood by as Samuel called for Carolyne and Christine. He knew they could bring Evelyne and Eryne.

When Samuel first saw Mary sitting on the rock, he noticed that her belly had grown. He was frightened for her and that is why he opened the portal to the Haven. Ken and Sally had watched Mary’s belly grow as she sat on the rock. Ken was getting ready to call Samuel when he showed up and then the portal to the Haven/garden was opened and they all stepped through. Sally knew the tell tail signs of a pregnancy at full term but the sudden onset of Mary’s belly growing, gave her pause. Mary had felt the baby kick when they were over the giant black hole full of smoke. She wasn’t sure but then she felt her belly growing. Tamara spoke to her and told her to prepare because she was swimming the birth canal. Mary didn’t understand at first but after the conversation with her child, Tamara told her that she must come now because she was going to play another roll in the healing when the war starts in Colorado. Carolyne was the first to enter the garden and Christine was right behind her. Both women levitated Mary and took her into the living quarters building. Samuel turned to Ken and said “Go find Mark and Jim and go get the chopper. You know how to fly it and so does Mark.” He threw the keys to Ken and hurried toward the living quarters.

.Carolyne and Christine laid Mary down on the bed and Evelyne and Eryne appeared. Tamara’s new corporeal body was perfect. It did not feel any different than her other body accept somewhat younger. She knew her new body was going to grow very quickly to the age she was when the man shot her in the back and the underground base exploded. Her mother lay in the position to give birth and she washed out into the hands of Carolyne and Christine. Evelyne and Eryne took her to a place where her body grew around her spirit. The two girls watched over her until she was somewhat the same age as her corporeal demise at the mountain. They then brought her into the room where her mother was lying comfortably and she immediately went to her. It had only been a few hours since she was washed out and Mary was sleeping. Tamara did notice that her mother had regained her color and looked very healthy. She stood at the side of the bed waiting patiently for her mother to wake. Mary opened her eyes and looked straight at Tamara. She didn’t focus on her daughter at first but then a big smile spread across her face. She reached out with her arms and Tamara climbed onto the bed and lay against her mother. The world was safe in her being. Mary giggled and shed tears of joy. She spoke quietly and said “your father is going to be very happy.”

Samuel was sitting in the living room of his and Mary’s quarters. Carolyne and Christine had both come out and told him that everything was good. Mary had her baby and Evelyne and Eryne were watching over her and the baby for now. They told him that he should try to get some sleep and left. Samuel was restless but he knew that the two girls would not let anything happen to his wife and child. It had been a shock to him at first to watch Mary’s belly grow so rapidly but he knew without a doubt that she would most likely be alright. He was looking forward to holding his baby. The days and weeks of living on the edge and worrying about the world blowing up, finally caught up, now that Mary and the baby were safe and he fell into a deep sleep.

The bullets ripped across the water and hit the land just in front of the chopper. He could see the two birds coming in low with their mini guns ablaze with fire. He grabbed Mary and watched John and Bill jump from the chopper. He hit the ground with Mary and heard the tinkling of the bullets as they bounced off the far side of the chopper. The noise of the mini guns ceased and when he looked up, both choppers were gone. He knew that Tamara was inside the base where the choppers came from and he was getting ready to run to the place and find her when the side of the cliff exploded outward. The rock and smoke pushed out and then the big fireball followed. His dream was stopped with a feeling of presence of another being in close proximity to him. He opened his eyes slowly and could see a small girl, although she was out of focus, standing next to the couch he had fallen asleep on. She did not speak as she stood there and looked at him with a smile on her face. As his eyes focused he began to see Tamara. He thought he was still in the dream and she had made it out of the base.

Father, you must let those thoughts go, they are in the past and will dissolve. If you try to hold onto them they will make you a slave to your own pain. I am here now and I am your daughter. We have much to do and mother is well. Come now, we should go and see the beavers. Samuel sat up as his eyes and thoughts became crystal clear. Tamara climbed onto the couch and moved to his side. He reached an arm around her and said “I was so worried and then lost without you and then Mary told me that you were inside her.” “Yes father, I chose to come back to you and mother. I am not done with this world yet.” Samuel hugged her close and had to ask “how is it that you are the same age as when we last saw you?” “Father, that is a deeper question and when we go and visit the beavers, I will tell you and mother how this all works. We must wait for Ken, Mark and Jim to get back with the chopper. We won’t need it to go visit the beavers but it will be useful in the coming war. Ken and Sally should come with us and Bethy has met a new mate. She will stay here at the haven.” Samuel moved to stand up and asked her if she was hungry. Tamara said yes she would like to eat something and she was thirsty. From the doorway into the bedroom they both heard Mary’s voice. “I sure could use some food also and a good cup of havens famous coffee.” They both looked at her and then they all came together to hug and laugh with joy.
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

32 THE END OF THE FAULT

Markus’ Illamas was born in Palm Springs California in the year 2020 just after the destruction of Washington DC. He grew up in a country and world that was becoming a complete military and police state. The madness that happened around his life was insanity and when he turned 10 years of age he and his parents were living on a piece of dirt that was located to the eastern side of the old Salton Sea. Their home was nothing more than a wood shack and they had two chickens, a rooster and a cow. His dad grew a small field of potatoes and managed to sell them just to make ends meet. He was not schooled as the government wanted him to be and his mother made sure that he would not be by hiding his birth and existence as best she could. He learned how to hunt and fish and grow gardens and his dad and mom taught him about the Divine Creator. By the time he had turned 8 he knew all about the San Andreas Fault line. The family had lived through some of the nastiest earth quakes and their little farm actually sat on the very end of the fault as it was known. He had studied, with his mothers help, all the science books she could get her hands on. Shortly after his 15th birthday, The Army showed up on their farm.

He was returning home from the old lake bed where he had been scavenging for artifacts when he heard the sounds of vehicles. He climbed the rise that was just to the west of his house and hid in the rock pile. As he lay there two vehicles with soldiers and some black coated men drove by and stopped in front of his house. Two big trucks pulled up next, one had a small crate of some sort in the back with more men that looked like construction workers or something, and the other one was full of lumber and other materials. The last big truck pulled in and had a very large excavator tractor on a flat bed. He watched the soldiers and the construction workers pile out and move to an area that was to the north of his house. The soldiers formed a rather large circle around the group of black coated men and the construction workers. He watched them drive stakes into the ground and heard the excavator start up. As it crawled off the trailer he saw his dad come out of the house waving his shotgun. He barely heard him yell at the people to get off of his land. Two of the black coats walked over to him and began to talk with him. He saw his dad lower his shotgun but the conversation seemed to be heated. One of the men waved at one of the construction workers and the excavator shut off. The taller man in one of the black coats reached into his coat and pulled a pistol out and shot his dad. He started to get up and run over but then saw his mother come out of the house with a butcher knife in her hand. She was screaming at the man that had shot his dad and then he saw the man shoot her also. He lay there crying as he watched the men go back to the staked out sight. The excavator started back up and crawled to the site and began to dig. He kept staring at his father and mother as they lay in the dirt. All the soldiers had moved back to the trucks and the black coats gathered around the small crate when the soldiers removed it from the truck.

It took a few hours for the excavator to finish digging and from what he could see it had dug a fairly deep and large hole. The motor shut down after it had swung its bucket around and rested it on the ground. He kept looking at his parents but could not see any movement and thought that these men were inhuman to just leave them lay there in the heat. The construction workers unloaded the materials from the other truck and climbed into the hole and began working. He could not see what they were doing but he heard the pounding of hammers and he could see the light and sparks from welding coming from the hole. The men worked until it turned dark and kept on working through the night. He had watched the soldiers set up a large canopy and create a camp of some such. Someone had finally thrown a tarp over his parent’s bodies and the black coats had gone into his house and stayed in there until the next morning. The next morning he watched the construction workers climb out of the hole and the excavator started up once again. He saw it reach over and pick the small crate up and lower it into the hole. It took about 20 minutes and when the bucket came back up the crate was gone. He was hungry and the cold of the night had kept him awake. He kept watching the excavator and when it set its bucket down this time the engine did not turn off. He finally noticed the man that was operating the machine and he was one of the soldiers. The Construction workers all gathered around the hole and watched as two of their men climbed down. He saw the excavator raise the bucket and hook what looked like a big plate of steel and lower it into the hole. He saw the bright welding light and the bucket come out of the hole.

He was thinking that these men were done but as he watched, the operator of the excavator swung the bucket arm across the construction workers and knocked half of them into the hole. He was surprised and then the soldiers started shooting the ones that were still on top and had started to run away. He watched as they fell and then the soldiers moved to the hole and continued to shoot down into it. Markus retched from the bloody scene he was seeing and once the shooting had stopped he watch the soldiers drag the dead men on top and toss them into the hole and then he saw the excavator begin to fill the hole. The next thing he saw almost made him get up and run at these monsters but he was in fear. Four men had drug his father and mother over to the hole and tossed them in. The excavator kept filling in the hole until it was level and then began to drive over it to pack it down. The soldiers had packed all their gear up and began to load up. He was busy watching them when all of a sudden he noticed smoke and fire coming from his home. The excavator had crawled back on the trailer and the truck moved out. All of the vehicles left in a line and he saw the black coat that had shot his parents as the vehicle went by that had the monster in it. He would never forget that face. After all the Army men and equipment left he watched the fire burn for hours and convulsed with tears.

When the fire had stopped or died down he moved to the place and began to search for any usable items. The chickens and the cow had managed to run off and he did not want to go looking for them. He kicked through the ruins and found the under ground bunker they had made to keep survival foods and items in and began to live in it while he thought about where to go from there. He stayed there for some time because when he searched for other places to live he could not find any that would give him safety and he did not want to transfer all the food that they had stored up. The chickens and the cow did return and he tended them and got fresh eggs and milk. He built a shelter for them from the old lumber he found laying around where houses used to be back in the 20th century but he let them roam wherever they wanted to. They always came back to the safety of the small shelter he built so he never went without fresh eggs and milk. When ever the ground would shake he would leave the underground home and wait out the shaking. The Cow and the chickens would move around until the shaking subsided and then go back to their shelter. He had begun to make another safe place to live when the shaking started to increase more often and stronger in force. He found an old house that was a few miles to the east of his place and set to work on fixing it to provide good shelter. He built another small shelter for the cow and chickens and when it had been completed he led them to it one day and every day after that he would take them there so they would know where to run to when the quaking would become to severe to stay at the original place. He spent time moving some of the survival gear and food stuff to the new place thinking that sooner or later he would have to relocate permanently to it. Fresh food was scarce but in all his searches around the old lake he found that people way back then had created underground cellars and stored dried and canned goods. The first one he found was so full of this kind of food it took weeks just to transfer it to his main place and over to the new alternative place. In his movements he found the planks he needed for crosses to plant where his parents had been buried.

Kevin, Kristyl and Bill returned to the chopper after spending a few days at the haven. When they stepped through the portal it was just awhile later from the same time that they had left. Kevin was the first to step through and immediately moved to the pilot seat. Kristyl followed and moved forward to the co-pilot seat and then Bill stepped through and shut the portal as he moved to the rear bench seat. Kevin had sat down and was checking his instruments for the readiness of the chopper when a movement from outside caught his eye. When he looked up and out the front windshield he saw a large band of coyotes sitting and laying around the chopper. Kristyl had also noticed the movement and the animals. “Looks like we attracted more fellows wouldn’t you say?” As they both looked on at the animals Bill walked into the middle of them and sat down. Kevin turned sharply to look into the rear of the chopper and noticed the hatch opened. He turned around and spoke telepathically to Bill. What are you doing? Bill turned and looked into the cockpit and said I am telling these fine folks that we will be leaving soon and thanking them for watching out for us. They have told me that some humans were coming here but they persuaded them to go to a different place. They do not know that our chopper is invisible to other humans because it is not to them but they knew that we were not here to harm them and thought to protect us as we sat here. This is a favorite spot for their band to gather and when they saw the giant bird resting they knew that it would need protecting.

Bill finally stood up and walked out of the middle of the band and toward the side hatch. Kevin and Kristyl watched the coyotes get up and saw the entire band move away from the chopper. They moved as one to a spot next to the forest and turned and looked at the chopper. Bill had boarded and sat down on the back seat and said “shall we get airborne? I believe we may have a short trip hopefully to find that last nuke. Logan seemed to think that the mad man at the base in Nevada may try to trigger his toys sooner than expected and I tend to agree with that assessment. From where we are now I don’t think this Fault runs much further so pick up the line where we left off and lets get that thing before it goes off.” Kevin lifted the chopper straight up and moved toward the North until they made contact with the fault line and then banked toward the South east and followed it along the edge of the forested mountains. The line moved along the edge of the greater metropolis of San Bernardino and they could see the skyline of Los Angeles to their west as they continued to follow the line. They could see damaged areas below them where the fault erupted and had pulled the land apart. Some looked new and some were quite old in appearance. He kept tracking to the southeast and Kristyl asked Bill if he was picking anything up on his hand held device. “I am not registering anything up here so not sure if this thing is working.” Bill told her that he did not see any signs yet also and her instruments were working fine. Kevin said “we seem to be heading Southeast more but I see up ahead that the line starts to move more south than east. There is a large lake or something on that horizon.” Kristyl looked and said “That is the old Salton Sea. Once upon a time in the mid 20th Century that was a huge resort and the lake was quite a bit bigger than it is now. It was a man made disaster and became the Riviera of California until it began to outgas and dry up. Just a bit of history there for you my dear.”
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

Markus had almost completed his move from the old place and had found an old wagon awhile back so he began to hitch Bess up to it and was able to move greater amounts of food and other important survival pieces. Bess did not cooperate at first but soon learned that she would receive great rewards when she did cooperate. The Chickens always followed him and Bess between the places and he had made the old house a very sturdy living quarter and one day had found the underground cellar that had been built under the house. He had to repair the access and dig out the dirt that had fallen in but soon discovered another large stash of food and even some weapons. He found an old ham radio buried under some old mattresses and tried to fix it but lacked the parts to complete it. He had spent almost a year moving back and forth and transferring the goods. He knew where his parents had been buried and made two makeshift crosses and planted them in the ground over the grave as best as he could recollect the exact position. Bess and the Chickens were now staying at the new place and so was he when he wasn’t working to transfer the supplies. He was always weary about any strangers that may show up but he only saw cars or trucks drive by on the old highway and that was very seldom. He had finally destroyed the makeshift shelter for Bess and the Chickens so nothing remained visible above ground of the old place except the crosses. Bess and the Chickens sensed that they no longer were going to stay at the old place and that is when they started staying at the new place and he had made it very comfortable for them there. They always followed him when he went back but lately they had stayed at the homestead as he called it now. Bess was the only one that would go with him because she pulled the wagon. He talked to her constantly and fed her treats as she pulled the wagon and he never loaded it to full for her. She had been bought from a farm up in La Quinta and was a new born when he was nine years old. His parents had replaced the chickens as they either died or disappeared.

Today was going to be the last day that he would have to move the remaining supplies from the old place and he was going to retrieve the last of the goods from another underground cellar he had found further south around the old lake bed. He hitched up Bess and told her that she would not have to pull the wagon for quite some time after this day was over. She seemed to understand what he said and it seemed that she was full of energy to get the task of today done. The chickens did not even pay attention to him now and were roaming around finding any food in the little field of grass and other tasty plants that grew in the area. He always hoped that wild dogs or coyotes would not get them and up to now they had been safe as it seemed. The old place was 3 and half miles to the west of his new place and the last cellar he found was another two and half miles to the south from there. He knew that the wagon would not be filled this time so he took the direct path to that place first and figured to come back to the old place on his way home. It took him a good hour and a half to get to the cellar and another hour to load the remaining supplies into the wagon. He had left very early to beat the heat of the day and hoped to get back before the early afternoon heat set in. As he was finishing the loading he heard the sound of a vehicle and grabbed Bess and moved her and the wagon around behind an old building that was almost ready to collapse anytime now. He got her and the wagon around behind and crept around the side to see what was coming down the old road.

He saw an old gas powered pickup truck and at least three people in it. He had always taken his bow and full quiver of arrows that he had found in his scavenging and today he thought he might have to use it. He knew that if these men had guns he would be out matched but he was ready to defend Bess and himself. He had practiced with the bow for many months until he could put an arrow through a small 1” diameter ring at 50 yards. As he readied the bow his stomach quivered from the thought of having to kill another man but he steadied himself. As it turned out the truck kept on driving and passed the old shack in a big hurry to get someplace else. He relaxed when he saw the truck disappear in a cloud of dust at least a mile further to the south.

Marcus knew that those people could or would come back this way because he had seen them before. They were scavengers just like he was but they could not be trusted, that is how he had to think to survive. He waited for another 15 minutes to be sure they were not coming back for now and decided to leave what ever was left in the cellar and get across the road and up to his old cellar. He knew he would have to hurry now more than ever because if those men were moving around this side of the lake they were on the hunt today. They would probably go to Calipatria where the closest old gas refueling station was located and then come back. That would take them at least two hours or more depending on whether or not they stopped between here and there. He was going to have to push Bess to make it to the old place and head back home before those people came back. He struck out at a hurried pace and at first Bess moved with him at almost a trot. The wagon did not have much in it but it was still heavy and Bess was doing her best to pull it through the sand. Once they got to harder ground and the old road they moved faster. The sun had climbed to the point of causing the heat to rise at least 10 degrees and he knew that it would only get hotter from this point on and it would not be long before 90 degrees and above would be on them. He began to consider unhitching Bess and the two of them would make the run back to the homestead where they could be safe because it was out of the way and hidden behind small hills leading into the sand dunes of the old Glamis dunes resort area. He had explored that area once and knew that it could be very deadly to humans and animals.

He and Bess made good time on the road and he needed to get off of it as quick as possible. They came to the road that led over to where his old house used to be and went down it quickly. The small rises between the main old road and his old house might be enough to conceal him and Bess but he did not want to take chances today. He was going to get Bess and the wagon on the far side of the old place where there was a gully that he could hide her in with the wagon. The supply that was left would have to be carried over to the gully and loaded and that was going to take awhile. He was strongly thinking about doing it all another day as he came to the rise that he had hid behind when his parents were murdered. He heard human voices and stopped Bess and crept up the rise and peeked over. What he saw made him cringe. There were three people standing over the crosses where his parents had been buried and one had some sort of device in his hand while another man and woman stood next to him. He heard the woman saying something about the crosses and the man with the device saying something about an object being buried under the ground at that point. His eyes began to water and his heart ached from the memory of his parents being killed there. He slipped his bow off his shoulder and pulled an arrow from the quiver and loaded it. He started to pull the string back when Bess pulled the wagon and moved around the rise and walked toward the people. His mind did not know what to think of that and the next thing he saw was the woman levitate into the air and fly toward him. The astonishment of that scene made him freeze.

He watched the woman fly right up to him in the air. She stopped and looked down straight at him. “Marcus you must come and you must do it quickly, we will help Bess get to the gully.” As he glanced at Bess she disappeared along with the wagon. He looked back up at the woman who held out her hand. “Come with me, hurry there are bad men coming and they mean to do harm to anyone they find out here. He replaced the arrow into the quiver and stood up. He found himself floating with the woman and they moved quickly to the other two men. The two men climbed into a hole in the sky or so it seemed and the hole closed. The woman had kept him in the air and they floated toward the gully and dropped down next to Bess. He saw that she was very calm. The woman placed a hand on her head and Bess bowed. Marcus watched the wagon unhitch from his Bess and both of them disappeared again. He turned to the woman and said “where did my wagon and cow go?” “They have been moved to your other place and we will go there also. We must talk about what happened here and to your parents.” Marcus started to say something about his parents but the woman held her finger to her lips and he knew that she was warning him to be quiet. Markus heard the men’s voices then and sought to move away from this place and make for the north part of the gully. Kristyl spoke into his mind and he became very surprised. You must wait here, those men will be roaming around because they followed Bess’s tracks and the wagon tracks also. He dug into the steeper part of the bank and waited.

Bubba Green was the leader of the other two men simply because he was the biggest and possibly the meanest. He had grown up in the suburbs of Chicago and learned the ways of gangs in the street. His parents had migrated to the lower Ghetto’s of LA when he turned 18 and he immediately joined the closest and worse gang in that area. He had spent the last 12 years working his way to the top position in that gang. It had been less than a year since the police along with the Army raided his territory and killed most of the gang members. He and the two with him managed to escape and made their way to this abandon lake area. They had found a family living at the North end and killed them to take their house and all they had. Roberto was the nasty one that would kill without an excuse and Lenny was just a follower of what ever happened. They began to travel the roads around the old lake and scavenge anything and everything they could find and if they ran into other people doing the same thing they offered them to join. If they refused Roberto made sure that they did not travel the lake after that. Roberto spoke as they approached the ruins of the old house and shelter. “I told you that I saw the wagon and the cow at that old abandoned house down by the lake bed. We should have stopped then and we wouldn’t be looking for it now.” Lenny was moving around and spoke up then; it is really weird that the tracks ended at the rise over there.” He had moved over to the two crosses in the dirt and said “Look here it seems that there were other people here and not to long ago, I would say maybe 30 minutes maybe more.”

Return to “Express yourself”