Story of fiction and fantasy and science fiction

''Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.''
-Bruce Lee
LostNFound

Re: Story of fiction and fantasy and science fiction

Post by LostNFound »

36 THE FOX AND THE HUMAN

She was resting comfortably when the deep rumbling sound brought her awake. She had heard it before and had waited for it to subside in the bigger area before returning to her safe den. This time she got up and moved out into the bigger area and moved toward the opening slowly as the rumbling grew louder. There was something different about this time and when the ground around her began to shake and rocks and dirt fell from above she was pelted with it. She hurried to the opening and moved through her path under the brush. She was going to go back to her favorite lookout when a large bolder rolled in front of her so she had to dodge around it and barely made it. As she darted around the rolling rock she looked up and saw a large slide of rocks and dirt falling from the cliff face so she ran out toward the water that moved and found a safer place as the ground continued to shake. She did not want to get to close to the water for fear that it would rise and she could be swept away. She moved in a circle in the little area that was safest until the grumbling and shaking finally stopped. She finally stopped and waited until she was sure the ground would not shake anymore then made her way back toward the den entrance. When she approached she could see that the brush had been crushed with a large rock. She came up on one side and moved close to the big cliff face and saw that there was still a way to get to her den opening. She ran between the rock and the cliff face and found the opening was still there and she could get in. Once in the cave she moved to her safe place and entered back in. She was still nervous about the shaking when she heard the human once again and this time she was stuck between a rock and hard spot. She wanted to run but was afraid she would run into the human and be caught.

Theresa asked Daniel to wait outside the entrance while she went in to see if the little fox was home. Daniel said he would wait and if the fox came out while she was in he would try to communicate with her. The entrance was small and Theresa had to crawl through on the mound until she found the downhill slope of it. Once at that point she rolled down the mound and then she could stand. She did not know where the fox was staying inside the cave. She turned her TMG on for the torch and could see quite well as the bright light illuminated the entire cave in front of her. She noticed the foot prints of the fox and the human prints also. Perhaps these were hers from the first time. As she walked deeper she noticed where the little animal prints stopped. She looked around to see if the animal had jumped to something and continued into the cave deeper but could not find any further tracks. She backtracked to where the prints stopped and began to search the side walls. Sure enough she found the first lower ledge and as she shown her light up the side she saw the other ledges and one of them had enough dirt on it that she saw the footprints. About 10 feet off the floor her light rested on a bigger ledge and she noticed that it ran into a small opening along the side wall. She climbed up to the wider ledge and had to be on her hands and knees. The torch was in her mouth as she moved toward the small opening when she heard the growling warning sound coming from the dark hole. She stopped and let her legs fall over the edge so she could sit and began to reach out with her mind to the little fox. Memories flooded her from Carolyne when she had made contact with two fox up in Wyoming. The thoughts were wild but she began to see how to open the door in her mind to communicate with this little female.

Nadie had stayed very still as the human had approached and continued beyond her den, but then the human came back and she heard it climbing the ledges to her secret den. The light shown through the opening and she knew that this human had found her den and was closing on it. She waited until the human was very close to the opening and began to give warning sounds to stay away. She was close to the opening and could see the human twist and set on the ledge. She kept the warning growl up and then something began to tickle her mind. The first thing that flooded her thoughts was two of her kind running and catching food. One of them was talking to a human and then she saw the image of a bright light emanating from the human’s body. The words she understood in her mind were of a very peaceful nature. She stopped growling as the image grew brighter in her mind and then she heard the speaking from the human setting on the ledge. I am not here to harm you Nadie, I want to make friends with you and we need your help to find a good way into that place below here. There are other beings down there that need to go home and some are very bad. Nadie was surprised that this human knew her name. She almost stood up and walked to the human but first she had to speak back and see if this human could hear and understand her. How is it that you know who I am and you can speak to me? I am not of your kind and yet you speak to me as if you know me. I am ready to bite you if you do not leave me. Nadie you are a small fox and I am a large human, we should be friends with each other and help each other. Fighting is useless and besides I can give you a very nice home where you can find others of your kind and you will also be able to live in safety from any big growlers as you call them. How can you do that? I have lived here for along time. Nadie come to me and I will show you peace and safety. How do I know this human, we have always been hunted and killed by your kind and the growlers that chase us?

Theresa could see that Nadie was very skittish and she could also feel that the little fox would not trust anyone or anything for good reason and knew that for that reason the fox had survived for quite sometime. Nadie will you at least show me and my friends the place where you entered the slithers home below? I know you have been down there and all we want is to get in and remove the slithers as you call them. We will not bother you after you show us and your secret den will be kept safe. How do I know that you speak right? I can not trust humans or I will be caught and killed. Nadie can you not see me sitting here and I have no weapon. You could come out and bite me and I would not harm you for doing so. Nadie had never had a human talk with her or be able to even communicate with her in this manner. She was becoming more relaxed and very interested in this particular human that had found her secret den. From the images that flooded her mind she was shown that this human was a female of the species and much less prone to destruction of other species. The very idea of this human knowing her name, as given from the natives that lived in the land had made her feel a little less fearful but still she was very cautious with the human. She moved closer to the opening and kept a close watch on the human that was sitting so very close to her opening. If I come out will you stay and not grab me? Yes little one I will stay and you can come and sniff me. I will not raise my hands unless you say it is good for me to do so.

Theresa had laid the light down next to her so it shined toward the entrance to the little foxes den. She was in the mind of the little animal when it moved gingerly from the opening. She had reddish fur and a bushy tail that had a white on the tip. Her ears twitched as well as her tail as she wearily moved closer. She was baring her teeth and Theresa could hear the low growling as she came closer. Sitting very still and remaining calm she waited for Nadie to come close enough to sniff her. She was emanating complete calm and love when the fox came close enough to sniff her. Nadie sniffed the light and then moved around her as she continued to sniff. The next thing that happened and Theresa had to remain completely calm was the little fox jumped into her lap and walked across and off the other side. Nadie then bumped her head into her arm and then jumped back into her lap and curled into a laying position. Am I satisfactory to you that I am a peaceful human and will not hurt you? Yes you have no fear and your fur is the color of mine. You have given me comfort and now we will be friends. You have told me about a safe place and have also said that you would not bother me anymore after I show you how to get into the slither place below. I am lonely here so perhaps you will show me this safe place. Yes Nadie I will show you that place but you will meet with other species as well as humans that will love you. You may find a mate also. I have a mate that is waiting outside this cave that will love you also and we have other humans that will come this way to get below but all you need to do is show me and I will take you to the other place before the other humans come here to get below, is that good for you?

Nadie hopped off her lap and bounded down the ledges to the floor of the cave and waited for her. Theresa moved down to the floor and shined her light toward the back of the cave as Nadie slowly moved into the cavern. Theresa came to the place where she would have to crawl to the small opening she had found before and started to get down on her hands and knees when Nadie bumped her and moved to another side tunnel. Theresa was surprised but followed and the tunnel became very narrow and semi steep. The little fox could fit very easy through the crack but Theresa had to squeeze herself along the sides of the rock. After awhile the crack opened up and she could move easier. Nadie had waited for her at the wider place and then walked over to a small opening and looked at her. Theresa moved to the opening and had to get on her hands and knees at this place. The opening was large enough that she could crawl through and as she moved through she had placed the light in her mouth so she could see in front. Nadie’s tail was twitching back and forth as she moved forward continuing on a downward slope. As she crawled forward she began to see a slight light up ahead. Nadie stopped suddenly and she felt the light in her mouth being pulled out and she let it drop to the ground. She could see Nadie’s eyes looking down at the light and then heard the little fox tell her to make the light go dark. She turned off the light on the TMG and placed her hand on the fox. Nadie walked forward toward the low blue light and stopped at the opening.
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

37 ISSONA

Theresa gazed out of the opening onto a lake of blue fluorescent water. The ceiling had stalactites hanging down and dripping a phosphorous blue liquid into the lake. The effect was a low blue light emanating from the stalactites and the entire lake. She could hear the dripping noise and it appeared to have a soft musical rhythm as each drop hit the water. It almost sounded like someone plucking the strings of a harp in the distance. The sound began to mesmerize her and she saw Nadie sitting very still with her ears sticking straight up. I feel you have returned little one and you have brought another. Theresa watched Nadie’s ears twitch as she heard the voice in her mind, she new that whoever was speaking with them was in this lake cavern and had dealt with Nadie before. She was surprised at hearing the mind speak. Do not be alarmed human, I know what you are here to do and I have been waiting for a very long time. You do not need to worry that I can speak into your mind. My peoples have always spoken this way. It is a sad thing that the ones that are still here have forgotten the ways of our peoples. There are very few of us that still keep these ways and I am sorrowful that the others have fallen into the ways of the other species that live down here. Please speak to me and I will answer your questions as best as I can.

Theresa relaxed somewhat and Nadie stopped shaking and lay down next to the opening. Do any others of your species or others down here know of this opening to the surface? No I and the little one are the only two that know of it. Most of the others will not come here because the sounds bother them and I suspect that it may cause pain in them because they have forgotten our ways. The other species, The Kireals and Grouth cannot take the blue lights, it makes their eyes hurt. You are from the surface of this world and you are called human. Theresa spoke back and said she was and the little one was of the animal kingdom and she was called a fox. Will you be bringing others to complete your task down here? Yes there will be seven of us when we come. Four of us will need to find the place where the things are that were left when the humans sealed this underground after the wars. We intend to make them disappear so they cannot be used to harm anyone or anything ever again. The other three will be protecting us as we do this thing. And what of the little one, will she be with you? No she will be given her safety back or taken to where ever she would like. So how soon will you be coming? It will be within a space of time that won’t be long but I must return to the others to guide them down here.

When you come out of the opening there is a shelf of rock and a small strip across the blue water. Behind me is the only other entrance to this place and it will lead you to the others level’s. I know that the place you are looking for is on the first level and there is a gate that is in disrepair for the Kireals. Somewhere below us is the Grouth species and their gates are lost to them as well as ours. My peoples have given up long ago of ever returning to their home worlds. I believe the Grouth have also given up. Know this, The Grouth are a war like species but will not fight if they know that they can get back to their home worlds. The Kireals are a complete warring species and very deadly in their ways. You must be very careful with them. They will not hesitate to kill you. They have a very bad weapon that they have used to subjugate all the rest of us. It is some kind of molecular disrupter and as I have seen them use it, it disintegrates whatever it touches. Once you are in here I will give directions the best I can. Now you must leave quickly because one of my peoples approaches and if he discovers your presence he will tell the rest and it will not go well for any of us.

Nadie stood up turned around and began to move back up the tunnel. Theresa twisted herself around but before she moved after Nadie she spoke to the Alien once more. What is your name if you have one? I am called Issona and my peoples are the S’iruss. Now hurry, I do not know how much ISonda may remember and how well he may still be able to read the minds. I know that he has adopted the ways of the war lords and plans to invade them so you and your peoples must hurry to stop what is coming. My name is Theresa and we will be back very soon. She crawled along and soon caught up to Nadie who was waiting. They reached the area where she could stand and began to squeeze along the rock walls. Once into the bigger cavern they both moved forward toward the opening to the outside. Nadie finally stopped where she could jump up to her secret den and Theresa bid her farewell. Keep hidden little one when we come through and no one will find your secret place. Nadie spoke to her and asked if she would take her to the other place she had mentioned. Theresa smiled and told her she would but first they had to heal the underworld place. Just wait in your secret place and I have placed some water for you and a bit of food so rest and it will be soon for you to meet all of the others. Nadie jumped up and moved to her little den when she entered there was a container with water and some of her favorite food. She had something to eat and drink and then lie down and fell into a good rest.
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

38 ISAAC AND THE MISFITS

Jimmy, Isaac and Ian all three dropped down outside the barracks building on the base station. Jimmy and Isaac had activated the Dispance cloaks while Ian had just made him self invisible. Jimmy spoke in the mind talk and said that he was going to go over to the building that held all of the surveillance gear and see about talking with the people that were manning the station. Isaac and Ian both agreed but Ian told Jimmy that if anything went wrong to speak in the mind and he would come to help. He was going to be the outsider and not reveal him self until it became absolutely essential. They all agreed and Ian flew over to the little building were the entrance to the underground was located. Isaac waited for a moment that no one would see the doors open and slipped into the barracks.

The two women were sitting at a table and talking quietly. He continued to look around the barracks and saw two men lying on bunks while the other two were sitting at one of the tables and playing some sort of card game. He knew that the other two men of the eight left were in the building where they could watch the upper perimeter of the station and most important the steel doors to the underground. His goal was to introduce him self and hopefully gain some trust from these people and then tell them what his teams plans were. He knew it was not going to be easy because of the paranoia that was so prevalent about the aliens down below and the other team members being taken in the night. He moved to an empty table and sat down in the darker area and waited. When he felt it to be the right time he turned off the Dispance cloak and just sat very quiet. Hanna was the first to see him. She pushed her chair back violently and pulled her side arm from its holster and yelled out loud “INTRUDER ALERT” The two men that were sleeping jerked awake and fell from their bunks. Cathy had seen Hanna’s eye’s grow wide with surprise and witnessed her jumping up. She quickly stood up and turned around. She saw Tim and Joe both starting to stand up and watched in slow motion as Mark and Gary fell from their bunks. As she completed her turn and her eyes focused on the intruder, her mind immediately registered the uniform the man was wearing. She knew that he was from the sovereign country of Texas and he was a Texas Ranger or so she thought. She watched Tim and Joe both pull their side arms and move cautiously toward the stranger. She heard Tim tell the stranger to stand up and not make any sudden moves. Her next move was to knock Hanna’s arm up just as her pistol discharged. The bullet went into the top of the wall over the strangers head. Hanna took a haymaker swing at her as she grabbed the gun from her hand. She wrestled her to the floor and told her to stop.

Tim and the other men flinched badly as the gun discharged and he turned to see Cathy grab the gun and toss it away as she wrestled Hanna to the floor. Hanna was screaming “HE’S ONE OF THEM, KILL HIM BEFORE HE INFECTS US WITH HIS MIND THOUGHTS.” Mark had gotten up quickly and moved over to where the gun had been thrown and picked it up. He turned and looked at Tim and they both nodded to each other. Tim turned once more and looked at the stranger. “Who are you and how the hell did you get in here? You best be giving some straight answers or I might just let Hanna have her way.”

Isaac had known that the one woman was close to coming unstrung. Her nerves were wound so tight it was palpable to witness. He prepared himself for her actions prior to de-cloaking. He thought she might physically attack him but not the violent use of a weapon. When he de-cloaked it only took around 45 seconds for the one named Hanna to see him and when she pulled the pistol he was preparing to send her to a place where she would be safe and all the rest would also be safer. The skirmish that ensued caused him to hold his action but when the pistol discharged and he could feel the wind and sound of the bullet over his head he thought that he may have made a mistake. The other woman had acted so fast that his decision did not have time to come to fruition. As he sat and held the TMG in ready the two men that had been playing some card game came toward him and asked in an excited voice who he was and how he had gotten into their barracks. He could feel the fear emanating from all of the people in the room and knew that he was suspected of being one of the creatures from below.

“My name is Isaac and I am here to help you all if you are willing to remove the menace from down below.” Hanna struggled with Cathy and in an angry voice said “I told you so, this is one of those creatures from down below and he has come up here to take more of us down there to do whatever it is they do.” Tim looked at him and then said “Hanna if you don’t shut your mouth and get a grip I am going to have you sedated. Now Mr. or whatever you are, you had better start convincing us who you say you are and how you are here to help us. First thing, tell us how you got in here?” “I walked through your front door.” “LIAR” Hanna blurted, “I watch that front door all the time and everyone in this room keeps a close eye on it also.” “I TOLD YOU THIS IS ONE OF THEM FROM BELOW, GIVE ME MY PISTOL AND I WILL DO WHAT NONE OF YOU HAVE THE GUTS TO DO.” Tim walked over and slapped her on the face. “I told you to shut up and get control; you are doing none of us any good with your out of control temper. Now sit down and shut up.” Cathy moved to Hanna and took her arm and moved her to the closest chair. Isaac could see and feel the hatred emanating from this woman. He wondered where all of this was coming from with her.

“Okay Mr. Isaac you need to start explaining and you need to be very convincing or I will do what this Corporal is so ready to do to you. You catch my drift?” “Alright, I have a special belt that has a dispance cloak built in and I did walk through that front door but I was invisible.” Mark spoke up this time and asked “what the hell is a dispance cloak.” Isaac looked at Mark and then the rest of them for a quick minute. He was not sure if he should explain the cloak but Ian spoke to him in the mind speak and said, tell them the truth, they have some basic knowledge of experimentation of invisibility. Isaac kept an eye on Hanna and began to explain the dispance cloak. “The military began to experiment on invisibility devices back in the late 20th century but really never got anywhere until a scientist came along and actually created the basic device called a dispance cloak. This happened in the year 2027 and the military began to out fit vehicles at first although the cloaks were not completely affective. They abandoned the application on the vehicles until 2 years ago and then started applying the cloak tech to a jet belt that is highly top secret today. The man that created this tech stole the operational tech from the military and disappeared. The military managed to create working models but only use them for black ops as they have been called. The dispance cloaking has been outfitted into the choppers and ground vehicles recently.”

“Does any one here believe this crock of sh#t? I can’t believe a single word from this, whatever it is mouth.” Tim turned and looked at Hanna for just a second and then turned back to Isaac. “I have heard of this technology in the past but the talk was squashed in the ranks and most were told to never talk of it or they would be put in prison or death so that became a whisper at night or in the bars and even that became very dangerous. So how is it you know so much about it and you are saying that you have a working model of it?” Maybe you are a spy from the Emperor to get us all arrested for treason.” “No Tim I am not working for the Emperor and I am not here as a spy. I am fighting against the Emperor and for the freedom of this country.” Isaac watched everyone think about what he had said. “So if you are not working for the Emperor and I am not sure yet that you are not one of the creatures from below, I am asking again, just who the hell are you?”

“I told you my name is Isaac, I am a Texas Ranger from the sovereign Country of Texas. You are witness to my uniform. I have come with a small group of others to clean up the underground base or as you all may know it as where the aliens live. We are going to remove the old nuclear rockets or bombs and send all of those peoples back to their home worlds.” “I have been sent to inform you of our mission and ask for your help.” “Okay Mr. Texas Ranger, suppose you give us some real proof and perhaps show us this “Dispance Cloak” thingy you say you have.”
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

Hanna was waiting for her chance to dispatch this alien that she was so sure it was, the moment of action came. She had a backup pistol strapped to her ankle and while everyone had been so chatty with this creature she had slowly removed it and had her hand wrapped around it in her lap under the table. The alien or Texas Ranger seemed to be relaxed and her anger/fear had reached it’s over the top boiling point. She violently pushed herself back from the table while rising. She pulled the table up as she rose and it tipped over toward the being. As she rose she was bringing the pistol up to shoot the being. Cathy had felt the tension from Hanna and knew she was going to explode any minute. The more the stranger talked and Tim seemed to be listening, the more she could feel the heat emanating from Hanna. Hanna’s action took her by surprise as it was so quick. She found herself falling backward in her chair and hitting the floor as Hanna discharged her pistol. She heard the woman scream “DIE YOU BASTURD” just as the pistol discharged.

Isaac witnessed the heat buildup in the woman called Hanna and read her mind. He saw the action coming and new that she had another weapon and was going to shoot him. He dialed his TMG to stop time and when the woman stood and all hell broke loose he brought the TMG up and shot the blue beam out at the room. The pistol discharged and the bullet froze 1 foot in front of the muzzle. The woman that fell back in her chair froze as the chair touched the floor. The men in the room were in the motion of turning to see the commotion of the woman as she screamed her threat and were froze in a halfway twist. The boom of the discharge was still ringing in his ears as he finally stood and walked to the woman with the pistol. He removed it from her grasp and placed it in the belt of the one called Tim. He then picked up the one called Cathy and placed her chair back in the up right position with her sitting. He also moved the table back to its original position. He took the bullet from the air and set it on the table in front of the woman that he left standing. He left her chair on the floor and moved back to his position at the table he was sitting at. All said and done he shot the blue beam into the room once more and time started once more.

All of the men completed their turn and Tim moved toward Hanna. He felt the pistol in his belt and stopped for just a second to look at it. Cathy stood up with a great surprise and actually knocked Hanna to the floor. Tim told Mark and Gary to help Cathy detain the Corporal, “Tie her up, she has lost all sense at this point and I don’t want here endangering any of us any more.” He then turned and told Joe to come with him. Both men walked to the table were Isaac was sitting and told him to stand up. Mark and Gary reached the skirmish with Cathy and Hanna and subdued Hanna. Gary helped them stand Hanna up and then noticed the bullet on the table. “WTF, look at this.” He picked up the bullet and said “how the heck do you suppose this came to be on the table.” He looked over at were the others were standing with Isaac. “Do any of you see another bullet hole in the wall?” Joe wearily walked around Isaac and began to exam the wall. He looked up at the top of wall where the first bullet had hit but he could find no other penetration. “There is only the one hole in the wall” He turned and said “Wait a minute; I saw that table falling over and what is that pistol doing in your belt Tim?”

Isaac watched all of them as they were looking around and trying to figure out what had happened. Joe had moved away from him and Hanna tried once more to make a break. The scuffle pulled everyone’s attention away from him so he activated the dispance cloak and walked to the front door. He stood just in the room and waited for them to notice he was not at the table anymore. Tim had taken the pistol from his belt and said “It’s her .32 is that bullet a .32?” Gary looked at it and said “yes.” Cathy spoke up while holding Hanna, “I saw her pull that gun and fire it just before I hit the floor. I don’t recall anything from that point until I found myself sitting at the table again.” Tim said “We all heard the weapon discharge” and he turned back toward the stranger and said “Aw hell, where did you go Mr. Isaac?” Hanna raised her voice again and said “WHAT DID I SAY, I TOLD YOU HE IS ONE OF THOSE THINGS FROM BELOW AND NOW YOU HAVE LET HIM GET AWAY, HE IS GOING TO BRING MORE OF THEM UP HERE AND TAKE US. GIVE ME MY WEAPONS BACK.” Tim started walking toward the group and said “shut her up and I don’t care how you do it.” Gary raised his arm and started to slam her with his fist. Isaac turned off the cloak and said “WAIT, she is just trying to defend her self and you all seem to be just as afraid as she is of something down below.”

They all jumped back as if another discharge from the pistol happened. Gary dropped his arm and stood in silence with his mouth open as they all seemed to be doing. Isaac watched them all standing and gawking at him. Tim finally spoke “how in the hell did you get over there without any of us seeing you move?” Isaac smiled and said “I told you I have a dispance cloak so I used it to disappear from the table back there and walk over here.” Tim had the .32 in his hand and said “show me by using that thing and reappearing right hear.” He walked to the nearest table and pointed to a chair. “No funny business, or I will give this weapon back to Hanna and she will make sure you are dealt with.” Isaac touched the button on the belt and disappeared. He walked to the chair and sat down then deactivated the cloak once more.

They all saw him disappear and turned toward the chair. He reappeared sitting down and everyone gasped. Cathy was the first to speak “Tim let me ask this man a few questions and maybe it will help us to believe he is telling us some truth.” Tim walked over to the table and pulled a chair out and sat down on the other side away from Isaac. He held the pistol in a ready position and told Cathy to go ahead. “Well then, first question Mr. Isaac I can see that you have a Texas Ranger uniform on and I know a little about the rangers. I have a brother that is the Captain of small group of men along the western border of the country of Texas. If you are a real Texas Ranger I would think that you would know his name because the Rangers are a real tight group of soldiers. So Mr. Isaac, what might be my older brother’s name?” Isaac stared at her for a minute and could see the resemblance to Jeremiah. Cathy spoke slowly again and said “If you get this first question wrong I will let Tim shoot you were you sit, is that fair enough for you Mr. Isaac?” Isaac looked at Tim directly into his eyes and spoke. “I would say that is a very fair deal Ms. Johnson. My Captain’s name is Jeremiah. Cathy’s jaw dropped when the man called her by her last name and then said that her brother was his Captain. She stood up and walked over to the table and stood next to Tim. “My second question to you then Mr. Isaac, what is his pony’s name?” “Is this going to be another do or die question?” “I am a fair woman Mr. Isaac but there are others that know my last name and also know my brother. There are two names that only a ranger from his outfit would know so this is the final test of your being who you say you are.”

Isaac gathered that this woman was a very straight shooter and she did remind him of Jeremiah. He looked up at her and spoke, “his pony’s name is Cloud Dancer and what a fine stallion he is. Jeremiah loves him and Cloud Dancer loves your brother. They have saved each others lives and the Pony has saved all of our lives many times. Now I am going to tell all the other pony’s names and the one that is my favorite cow.” Cathy remained standing but Isaac could see that her emotions were welling up inside of her. “Sand Runner is another fine stallion and then there’s Sage, Cactus Flower and Spotted Flyer, Saguaro and Road Runner. All of these ponies are very fine brothers and sisters to us and we love them just as they love us. Now let me tell you about our cow. She is another part of our family and I tend her daily when I am there. Her name is Ester and gives us the sweetest milk and tends to the chickens in the canyon. Cathy could not hold her emotions any longer when she heard the cow’s name. She came around the table as Isaac stood up, and she fell into his arms. “I have been so worried about Jeremiah and here you are Mr. Isaac to tell me about my brother and how he is doing.” She turned to Tim and told him that Isaac was true and he was not here to cause them any damage. She looked into Isaac’s eyes with tears running down her cheeks and hugged him even tighter. You must tell us all about what is happening in Texas and what is happening here.
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

Steven, a book in the works. Thank you for the never ending story of "fantasy" and science fiction. Writing continues to be a catharsis for so many of us. I am not sure if it's the same with you but there is this joy inside that watches my fingers compose on the keyboard. Keep the flow coming friend.

The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

Yes my dear friend. this book and others, writing purely, is very cathartic for me. I see your writing and it places me into the very place you describe. This is what happens to me when I write. I am there, I am the story. I see the surroundings, I feel the people. It is hard sometimes to explain how one can enter the different world yet have it be the same. And yes this book is in the works, this story is in the works of our lives. What you have posted is a wonder. When I write it is as if there is a doorway, a gate, an opening into the world that flows from my depths and I step into it for the time my being is visiting. It is visual for me. All the emotions, actions, people, animals, life, love, everything resides and flows from the finger tips.

You surely know that you project yourself with such finesse that it is felt and seen. Thank you so very much. We all live in these stories. Much more to come as I see from you and dear Laurie.

Steven
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

39 INSURRECTION

Isaac had told Cathy all about her brother and the team of rangers and what they were doing to guard the border of northwest Texas. He explained the entire mission to send the aliens home and clean up the underground base. He also told them all that they could leave the army of the emperor and be part of the large growing movement to heal the world. He went on to tell them just what was happening all over the world. Tim wanted to know what they could do to help at this point. Isaac asked if Tim would give him the pistol that he was still holding onto. Tim looked at it and handed it over. Isaac walked over to Hanna and handed her pistol back in a friendly jester. She looked up at him and slowly took the pistol. “I am very sorry for the way I acted, I could not be sure.” Isaac smiled at her and said “you were just trying to protect your fellow team mates Hanna” and with that he turned to the room and said “you all must continue to remain armed and very alert. Hanna was right to tell you that there are very dangerous beings just below this station and they have another way up here.” Tim spoke up and said “where might that be, we monitor the steel doors inside that building and our camera’s are constantly on the door into it so if they are coming up that way which I seriously doubt because those steel doors were blocked just like all the other exits the creatures had.” Mark started to say something when the front door opened and four men walked in.

Hank walked in first and Calvin followed. The third and fourth man came in and only Isaac knew who they were. “We have found a secret little hidey hole that those creepy things have been using. It is located at the back of that little building and we never even knew that they broke through back there. With the help of these gentlemen we have set up another camera and can now watch it. Mark, you and Gary get over to the shack and start your shift. You will see the new camera since we set up new monitors. Hanna, you and Joe are going to set up a live post over by the storage shed and get that old .50 cal machine gun set up and pointed at the hatch of that hole. You all will stay in constant contact. Tim, you and Cathy will relieve Mark and Gary in about 8 hours so get some sleep. I and Calvin will relieve Hanna and Joe around the same time. Now get going. This is going to be our part in helping the folks that are going down into that hell hole to clean it up. Those nasty basturds may try to escape through their new hatch. I am told that they have some really bad weapon’s that can disrupt our molecular particles so shoot immediately if they show their heads. This is Jimmy and his brother George and they are with Isaac, George has elected to stay with us and help here. Jimmy and Isaac have another crew and they will be going into the caves to remove those creatures while we keep them from getting out up here.”

Hanna, always the cautious one, asked how they were going to get down into the caves if not through the opening that they just discovered. Isaac said, “Our team has found another way in that the aliens do not know about, I hope, and we are going to try to get in that way.” Cathy had to speak this time and said “you gonna tell us where that hole is so we can deal with it in case you don’t make it back out?” Isaac looked at her closely and said “we don’t know for sure yet if it is a way in but someone will tell you as soon as we know it is a viable entrance. The only thing we know at this moment is it is located in the next canyon directly to the north of this place. Seems there might have been an opening at one time for those aliens to fly their ships in and out but it was sealed like that opening in the little shack.” Hank looked around for a moment and said. “I remember something about those openings. There is or was one in the canyon to the west also but those boys back in the time sealed up everything and there was no more UFO activity in this area.” “Well a couple of the team members found that one too and when they searched around they found an old cave off to the side and damn near lost their lives getting back out before it all caved in. I don’t think they found any access to the caverns below and if there was any they are pretty much sealed up now.” Jimmy talked with George for a few minutes and then turned and walked with Isaac to the exterior door. “Watch for someone to come and tell you where the entrance is located” and with that the two men walked through the door and were gone.

Ian watched all the activity and was grateful that Jimmy and Isaac were able to enlist the people of the post/station to help out. He wondered about how things were going to pan out below and knew that it was going to be a touch and go situation. He waited for the three team members to come out but George wasn’t with them. As they flew back to the chopper, Ian asked where George got off to. Jimmy told him that George had decided to stay with the people at the base/station and help them. Ian wondered about that and then they landed next to the chopper. Michael was the only one there and said that the others were waiting in the North canyon for them. “Theresa has found a way into the caverns below. She said it will be a bit of a squeeze but thought we all could get through. They are waiting for us and make sure you all have the weapons and other things that will be needed.”

Theresa was telling Daniel and Susanna about Nadie when the rest of the team dropped down next to them. They were standing just below the big boulder and the river could be heard crashing against the rocks and banks as it flowed by in its rush to find the lowlands. Theresa began to tell them all at that point, first about the Fox and how she led her to the blue water cavern. She then told them all about the alien that visits the cavern with the blue water. “His name is Issona and he is of the species that call themselves the S’iruss and he says there are two other species down there, one is called the Grouth and the most dangerous one is called the Kireals. It is the Kireals that have the Molecular disrupter weapon. Issona has told me that they inhabit the upper most networks of caves and there are not many left. They are the ones that go to the surface and bring humans back for experimentation. The Grouth live in the lowest caverns and are some sort of diggers as he said. He said that his species are the most peaceful but he fears that with the long time of not being able to go to their home worlds there is a change toward violence that has been overtaking them.” ‘He has told me that when we get to the blue water cavern he will try to direct us to the places we need to go.”

Michael asked if it was possible to open a portal to the cavern. Theresa told him that she had tried but there was something that blocked that from happening, “so we get to walk, crawl and squeeze ourselves down there.” ‘Issona did say that the Kireals appear to be agitated about something and were gathering to a place that leads to the surface. He has stated that there could be an uprising between them all and he fears that it could be soon. The Kireals have lost so many that they are at a point of not being able to defend themselves against the others.”

Ian knew that he could move himself into the blue water cavern. The others had not yet learned or had the doors opened in their beings to be able to get around the block that was being used by the aliens. Time would come for all to move through time and space as he and all the children of the bus could. For now, they would traverse the cave to the blue water lake and once in the underground, he, Isaac and Jimmy would have to lead the way. He could not see any outcome at the moment and he wondered why. He did have clear vision of the gates that were still operational on the low, middle and upper levels and knew that he and the other two would have to get the aliens to these gates to leave this prison they have been locked in for so many years. He could see that Jimmy and Isaac both would be separated in the caves but that was as far as he could see. It baffled him but there was a reason that these men would go alone as well as him. Michael, Susanna, Theresa and Daniel would have to go alone to their destinies and remove the things they came to do. All of this was cycling through his being as they each crawled into the cave behind the rock.

Theresa led the way into the larger tunnel area where Nadie’s secret entrance to her small den was located. Once they all gathered, Theresa told them that they would have to go one at a time through the narrow passage down into the blue water cavern. “We should space ourselves out so we don’t cause too much noise. Issona should be in the cavern. He has told me that he goes there every day and the only other one of his species that comes there is one called ISonda who has become increasingly more violent and wants to war with the ones calling themselves the Kireals. Issona has told me that there is a small strip of dry rock that runs around the lake but we must be careful until we reach the far edge of the lake where there is solid earth and the beginning of the tunnel that leads to the others.” “Issona can speak telepathically so that is the best way to communicate with him. He has told me that most of the others of his species that are still alive have forgotten to speak that way.” Theresa led them all to the beginning of the narrow passage where they would have to crawl through the small opening before being able to stand and squeeze them selves between the rocks. A rope was tied to each member and they began to move through the passageway.
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

Issona had left the gathering with foreboding for ISonda and those that were following him. The talk had finally come to taking action. ISonda had stirred up enough hatred against the Kireals and told his followers that they would attack the Kireals this day. The Kireals were gathering what was left of their species at the place where they could access the surface. They had been told that the humans had discovered there access and intended to invade. ISonda was a fool to think that he and the few that were with him could overtake the Kireals even if there were not that many left. The green ray that spit from their weapons would burn his species and any others into non existence. As he sat on the rock contemplating and meditating the consequences of ISonda’s actions he was hoping that the humans would come and it would be this day. The existence of his species and perhaps the Grouth and the Kireals had long been approaching its bloody end as the old ways gave way to the hatreds and greed that had built up in the absence of love and intelligence due to lost contact with the home worlds. The human female and the little one of the animal kingdom he had conversed with recently had given him hope. He did not know when ISonda would become bold enough to attack the Kireals. Today had taken him by surprise and here he sat trying as he might to contact the human once again.

Theresa had bent down to crawl through the last part of the passageway when she heard the Alien calling. Human, if you can hear me, the end has come and ISonda has united a group of S’iruss and the Grouth to attack the Kireals this day. I am sure this action will not turn out good for any of us that live in this prison. I am in the blue water cavern and will help as I can if you are near. Theresa was not the only one that could hear the Alien’s plea for help. Everyone that was squeezing and crawling through the passageway could hear and knew without a doubt that the time had come for them to take action also. Theresa spoke back to Issona and told him that they were on their way and should be arriving into the blue water cavern very soon. She came to the edge of the passageway and flashed her Torch over the edge to see the small strip of rock leading toward the main part of the land. She let herself down slowly and stood on the rock strip while Susanna was next. They both moved along the strip of rock while the others came out of the passageway and dropped to the strip of rock. Issona could hear their thoughts as they came forth and began moving toward the main land where he was sitting. His hope grew with excitement. He was not sure what these humans were going to do but he had told them what was happening.

The blue phosphorescence reflected off the water of the lake and caused a bluish haze in the cavern as the team traversed the narrow strip of rock in single file toward the shoreline where the Alien sat. They all were amazed at how the stalactites covered the ceiling of the cavern and dripped what appeared to be a blue fluid. The sound of the constant dripping gave off a tinkling sound like wind chimes in the wind. The sound was very calming and if one was not careful, the hypnotic sound could cause one to fall into a sleep. They were halfway across the bridge, as it was thought to be, when a large splashing noise caused them all to look toward the bigger expanse of water. Ian could feel the presence of a life force that seemed to be ancient. He spoke into everyone’s mind and told them to hurry to the shore, there are beings that live in this lake that have been here for many millennia and they are viewing us as a source of food. Theresa who was in the lead began to scamper and run as best she could while the rest followed in a cautious hurry.

Issona heard the splashing noise and knew the beings in the lake had been disturbed. These creatures were one of the main reasons that his species and the others that lived in the underground caverns stopped coming here. It had taken quite some time before most knew that something else lived here and it was eating them whenever they would come to meditate or test the water. He had seen them a few times and barely escaped with his life once. He knew how to come quietly and not disturb the waters. The creatures could walk on the solid earth but would not or could not stay out of the waters very long. The one that chased him had died before it could get back to the water. He had examined it and had the picture in his mind. The creature was roughly 4 to 5 feet in length and had what looked like four legs with flat webbed feet. The eyes were extended from the head by long tubes and he could see that they were encrusted with the blue phosphorous that seemed to drip from the spires. The mouth of the creature was mostly long thin teeth from the bottom and top. The body looked like it had body armor of some type but as he looked closer the thing was covered with large overlapping scales. The tale looked like fins that he had seen on fish of the above world. He had seen a Kireal species fall into the water and watched the feeding frenzy of these creatures as they devoured the poor Kireal within a few seconds or so it seemed. He stood up and hurried to the edge of the rock way and spoke to the humans. You must hurry, these creatures are very deadly and they will have you for there daily meal.

Theresa was the first to reach the beach as she thought of it and Issona was there to take her hand. He took hold and began to walk hurriedly toward the darker tunnel away from the lake. Isaac was the last one and just as Jimmy jumped onto the beach from the bridge, a large fish like creature jumped from the water and seemed to fly through the air at Jimmy. Isaac pulled his spear and jabbed the creature just before it could chomp down on Jimmy’s back. He felt the weight of the thing and dropped it into the water quickly. He was still on the bridge when another creature jumped at him from the lake. The arrow knocked it sideways and the screeching sound that came from it pierced the cavern. The one that Isaac had speared and the other one that Jimmy had shot had fallen into a roiling, frothing lake. Isaac jumped to the beach and they both watched the water spray upward with small pieces of whatever these things were as others ripped and tore them to shreds. Ian spoke to them and said “come you must get away from the water.” They all hurried to the entrance of the tunnel and turned to look back at the lake. Daniel looked at Michael and said “I think I know why that entrance we came through has never been found or used. I hope we don’t have to come back this way to get out.” Isaac kept looking at the roiling water and said “those things remind me of the South American Piranha that inhabit the Amazon only much uglier and bigger.” He shook him self and turned to see Theresa and Susanna squatting down next to the little alien.

As the men and boy walked over to the women and the alien, they could hear him speaking in their minds, I am afraid it may be too late. ISonda has stirred up the Grouth from below and they have planned to attack the Kireals this day. I am not sure but I think the Kireals know of this insurrection against them and they could be waiting. My people and the Grouth have no defense against the death weapons the Kireal have. I think ISonda was counting on a surprise attack to overcome the small group of Kireals that are left. I have told ISonda that the Grouth should not be trusted but his heart and mind are closed off to our ways and he has ceased to listen to me. He has managed to convince the others of our species to follow him and I am afraid they will be killed. There are only a few that still follow our ways and ISonda has locked them up. Theresa and Susanna looked at each other and Theresa asked can you show us the way to the upper cavern and where the humans stored the poisonous things? We must go to remove those things and we can help your peoples against the Kireals. Issona stood up and leaned on his staff. His full height was only a little taller than a meter. The entire team could feel the great sorrow and the urgency emanating from this little being. Yes, come we must hurry. The Grouth are still gathering below and are beginning to move to meet ISonda. The Kireals have already gathered above. I will take you to the main entrance to the juncture of the lower and upper levels. The poisons are located on the upper most levels of the Kireals and you must be very careful.

ISonda had left the old S’mon who was presently the Master of the Rookeries of the Colony. He had come very close to throwing the defunct Master into the blue lake and letting the ugly things with the many teeth eat him. He held his anger and thought to just let the old S’mon waste his life in meditation and perhaps the ugly things would come ashore and eat him anyway. The plan to attack the Kireals was only a few short days away. He reached Isssho and ISHoooo’s rookery and they began to firm up the plan. They would be meeting with the small coterie of Grouth, who had decided to join them in the attack. Their leader had told him that only about 20 of them would help. He was disappointed in that number but he did not trust them as much as the old S’mon thought and it would be easier to disable them once they had taken control away from the Kireal. He knew that there were very few of the Kireal left and he and his companions would have to be the ones that took the death ray weapons away from the Kireals. If any of the Grouth got their hands on one of those weapons he and the colony would be finished. There were at least 10 of his fellows that would provide the initial surprise attack and take the weapons. The word had come that the Kireals would mostly be massing at the opening to the surface waiting for the surface dwellers to enter. He did not care what the old one thought about how he called them surface dwellers, Humans, they were called, and he used the words that the other species used. The surprise attack would be just before the surface dwellers began to come down. He had already thought about shooting them also once he got his hands on the death ray weapon. Today was the time. He and his companions were waiting at the juncture to the upper caves, for the Grouth.

G’digggg-Rs and G’hammm-Rs had managed to gather 8 more who were dedicated to destroying the Kireals. Most of the others had opted to not take the chance against the Kireals. G’digggg-Rs was disgusted with his coterie that they would be so cowardly. He did not know how many of the S’iruss would band together but he was hoping there would be at least 20 or more. As they made their way up to the second level caves, he was planning in his mind how they would gain control of the Kireal weapons and take over the upper most levels and how the S’iruss would remain slaves to them. He knew he would have to kill at least 4 or more of the S’iruss that seemed to be the leaders of this rebellion. He and his companions would kill all of the Kireals that were left and perhaps they could even take control of the surface dwellers. The ones that were supposed to be coming from the surface would have to be killed also. He did not know how many of them there would be but he was not a coward and would fight to the death to gain control and power. G’hammm-Rs, G’shovelll-Ls and G’spaaaaa-Dr1 had been in on the plan to take control.

At the bottom of the hole that led to the surface, SSsss’Ya-Ki, SSSss’Ma-Ki and SSsS’Ur-Ki stood guard. They were at the ready waiting for the surface dwellers to come down through the hole. They had been told that this Klitche would be the time for the invasion. Sssss’Ra-Ki had sent them to be the front guard to stop the attack. He had told them that the rest would be scattered along the tunnel leading to the big cavern and would be the back up in case any surface dwellers got through. SSsss’Ya-Ki new that he and the other two could be killed quick enough simply because the surface dwellers could just drop some deadly explosive into the hole and kill whoever might be at the bottom. He understood that K’Sssha-Ki probably knew he wanted to take over and was making sure that he would not survive the attack. The rotten lizard was a coward and always seemed to get others to do his dirty work. SSSss’Ma-Ki was the mechanic for the gate and if he died there would never be a chance to get back to the home world. SSsS’Ur-Ki was the fiercest and would be the one that would fight the hardest, however they all three could be killed quickly, together.

K’Sssha-Ki had been informed by his spy in the Grouth species that this Klitche was going to be the insurrection. He did not know for sure if the surface dwellers would come or even when they would come but he told Sssss’Ra-Ki to set up SSsss’Ya-Ki and his two companions at the entrance to the surface. He then told him to gather the others in the tunnel and hide their selves until the Grouth and S’iruss reached the area where the hole was. He wanted the Grouth and the S’iruss to kill SSsss’Ya-Ki and then they could kill the Grouth and the S’iruss and that would end this business of insurrection.
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

His private living area could be sealed off from the rest of the caves just like the tunnel where the deadly green mist was stored by the surface dwellers. He had hid in this sealed area during the wars between the other alien species and the surface dwellers. When things began to settle and the leaders had been killed or left through the gates that were still operational, he came out and declared himself the leader of the Kireals and gathered enough nesters to bring the Rhumba together to control the Grouth and S’iruss who were the only other species left in the caverns. He began to take nesters to the other levels and destroy the gates. The gate that his species still had was damaged during the skirmishes with the Grouth and his nesters were always clamoring to get it repaired. He did not want it repaired because he was the total master of them and the other two species that remained. He relished with the power and knew that he would be taken out if the gate was repaired. He was the only one that knew of the operational gate within his private area and he kept it off so no one from the home world could come through. This Klitche he would stay sealed away until all the S’iruss and Grouth were destroyed and then come out and declare a victory against the insurrection and lead his remaining nesters to the caverns below and make examples for both species to know that he was the supreme and they would continue to be his slaves.

Issona led the group of humans through the tunnel to the main cavern of the S’iruss level. He was hoping that ISonda had not started for the Kireals level yet and he could have at least one more conversation with him and the others to persuade them to abandon this deadly mission. He thought to show the humans to them so they would believe his warnings and see the truth of the matter. When he came to the main cavern, it was empty. He reached out with his mind and heard only Ishoona, ISHoda and Sironna speaking with each other and it was very faint. They had been locked up in the old cave that held the only Gate left after the Kireals destroyed the others. The Gate was damaged and would not work. He turned to the humans and spoke to the one called Theresa. ISonda has gathered those that will follow him and left for the Kireals cavern. I do not know how long ago it was when they left. It usually takes awhile to traverse the tunnel to the upper cavern and I suspect that whoever ISonda has with him will be very weary and move slower than usual. I must free the ones that have been locked up before I can lead you upward. Theresa could feel the deep sorrow in the little alien and looked at the group. They too had heard Issona and felt the sorrow emanating from him. Michael spoke to him and told him they would go and help him release the ones that had been locked up.

The Main Cavern was lit with some kind of natural, organic phosphorous stones in the ceiling and walls. The group had wonder in their eyes as they begin to walk across the very large area. Issona was leading them toward the opposite side where a darker tunnel, one of many that lined the perimeter of the great cavern, could be seen. The little alien seemed very determined and was moving faster than they all thought. In fact he seemed to be gliding over the surface. Isaac who was in the rear of the group stopped short as they reached the center of the expanse and starred at the wolf that was standing next to a tunnel off to their left. The animal was glowing like the phosphorous and appeared to be transparent. He turned to say something to the others and saw them moving away rapidly. They had gained some 50 feet from him. He turned back to the wolf and heard in his mind. Come Isaac, you and I must go this way. We are called to help the beings that live below. There is a doorway for them to go home but they know not where it is. You must be brave. There will be some that will fight you at first Come we must hurry now. Isaac took a step and was next to the transparent wolf. His spirit guide turned and began to walk into the dark tunnel that seemed to slope downward rapidly.

As the Group continued toward the far side, Jimmy caught a movement in his left eye of something off to his front left of the cavern. He stopped and looked straight into the distance. The group continued to walk away from him but his attention was focused on the white eagle that circled around another dark tunnel and then landed on a ledge above the tunnel. He heard in his being, come it is time for you to help these beings to return to their past and return to their homes. Jimmy felt himself being drawn toward the eagle and found his self standing at the edge of the dark tunnel. The eagle dropped from the ledge and glided into the dark of the tunnel. He walked into the dark as he was guided by the transparent light of the eagle.

ISonda, Isssho and ISHoooo had locked up Ishoona, ISHoda and Sironna in the old cave where the broken gate was located. The three females tried to put up a protest but ISonda told the small band of compatriots to bind them and gag their mouths. He had forgotten that they still could talk in the mind. His anger and hate for the Kireals blocked his mind and made him careless with his actions. He had become very angry that only 8 of them would be going to attack the Kireals. When the Grouth showed up, he became even angrier. There were only 10 of them which made his party only 18. He began to doubt the chances of conquering the Kireal until G’digggg-Rs and G’hammm-Rs, the leaders of the Grouth party told him that they would be enough. The entire attack would be a surprise and that was to their advantage. G’hammm-Rs told him that he had good Intel that the Kireal had only 18 left in there nest and would be split apart on this day. He had sent two of his own to guard the rest of the rookeries and left one to guard the locker where the females were kept. ISonda had told them that IIsotta and Isttton would be protecting them while he and the others overtook the Kireals. There was much talk about being held in the main rookery cavern. The S’iruss had dwindled down to about 50 due to being murdered by the Kireals and eaten in the blue water cavern by the beings that inhabited the water. The Grouth were standing about the same in numbers.

As the band of insurrectionists wearily climbed upward toward the Kireal level, G’shovelll-Ls ran the plan through his mind of how he was to be spared when the attack came as they made their way through the tunnel to the hole where the three Kireals would be waiting for the surface dwellers to invade. He had been told by Sssss’Ra-Ki, that those three would be killed and he and his soldiers would kill all the Grouth and the S’iruss. He had also been told that the weapons the three in the surface entrance area had, were not functional so they would be able to overtake them easily and then he was to stand aside. K’Sssha-Ki the Supreme leader had told him that he would become the leader of all the Grouth and would gain control over the S’iruss. He would of course be in the Supreme leader’s service and bring the rest of his coterie into submission. The plan was going to stop all the insurrection and K’Sssha-Ki would be the Supreme Being of the underworld.

G’shovelll-Ls did not trust the Kireals and especially the Supreme leader. He had made his choice to betray his clansman after G’digggg-Rs had beaten him and disgraced him once too often in front of the entire coterie. The one called Sssss’Ra-Ki had approached him after the last time he was beaten and disgraced and seduced him into joining the Kireals. He was to be the inside spy and tell them everything that was transpiring with the Grouth. In turn he would be rewarded by the death of G’digggg-Rs and given the leadership of the remaining Grouth. He was very leery of the trap that they were heading into this day and had made his own plans to make sure he wasn’t killed in the fray. He had told G’digggg-Rs that he and one other should stay at the entrance of the tunnel and guard their backs as the rest went to kill the Kireals in the place where the surface entrance was located. G’digggg-Rs had given him a disgusted nod of approval and did not know that there were only to be three Kireals at the place. In fact the whole little band of insurrectionists thought the rest of the Kireals would be waiting for the surface dwellers to come down the opening. G’digggg-Rs threw a twist at him and assigned two others to help him. Those two would have to be subdued quickly as the main group left them at the tunnel entrance. He was taking no chances. His thoughts threatened to scatter as the group quietly and slowly made their way closer to the main cavern of the Kireals.

As the team approached the tunnel, Issona came to a stop and stood very still. The team stopped and heard Issona speak in the mind. There is a guard at the cave where Ishoona, ISHoda and Sironna are being held captive. You must let me approach him alone; he has a weapon and will not hesitate to use it on you. I will disable him and then we can release the females. They entered the tunnel and walked softly until Issona told them to wait at this point. They watched him glide away and make a turn in the tunnel. Michael wanted to move to the turn so he could see where Issona was going and make a move to help if needed. He turned to speak to everyone and then noticed that Jimmy and Isaac were missing. He spoke in a whisper and said “where are Jimmy and Isaac?” Everyone turned around slowly and did not see either man. Ian was not surprised although he had thought he would see each one of them go when it came time. He gathered in close to the team and said “Jimmy and Isaac have been called to other missions. I did not see them leave but I had been told that they would go to do other missions while we were down here.” The team had gathered close to each other and Daniel spoke. “This could be hard for us to complete our mission without those two.” Theresa had to dispel the noticeable anxiety of Daniel. “We must complete our mission, you know this, and Issona has told us he will help us to find the place where the nuclear stuff is. That makes 6 of us still and if we can avoid the other aliens we should be alright. I don’t know yet how we are to get out but we do have to send all these others back to their homes or galaxies, wherever they came from originally.” Susanna touched Theresa and said. “There seems to be a war of some kind going on between these species and Issona has said that a group of his peoples and some of those from down below are on their way to fight with the bad ones above. Perhaps we can get the nukes gone while they are fighting and then see what we can do to evict them afterwards.” They all heard the loud popping noise and the voices yelling. They all turned and ran toward where Issona had disappeared to.

ISssstona had been given one of the old military weapons of the surface dwellers to guard the three females. He was told that they could still speak in the mind and to be on extra special guard against them because they could seriously influence his mind and if they got out they would jeopardize the mission to take control of the Kireals. IIsotta and Isttton had also been given the old style weapons to guard the remaining colony down in the old cavern where the main rookeries lived. The old style weapons used solid projectiles that were activated by a small cap that caused a powder to explode and send the projectile from the end of a long tube. The projectile was deadly and could kill them if hit with one. It was a messy business when someone was hit with one. ISssstona wanted to know why they could not take these weapons and use them against the Kireals. ISonda had told them that they were limited with the weapons and the projectiles for them and the Kireals skin was very hard. The projectiles were almost useless against them in most instances. During the war between the surface dwellers and the species that lived down here, the surface dwellers lost many soldiers while fighting against the Kireals because their weapons were weak while the Kireals Molecular disruptors devastated the human kind. He could still hear somewhat in the mind. He had not completely lost the ability as most others had. He did not tell this to ISonda and kept away from the old wise one Issona. His mind hearing and speaking was weak but when the wise one approached him from the tunnel, he picked up on the intent of Issona and caught parts of a group of surface dwellers that were down here.

ISssstona watched the old S’mon walk toward him and held the weapon at the ready. Issona approached the guard wearily but kept his calm as he came closer. He meant to incapacitate the guard as soon as he was close enough to use his mind powers to freeze the other. He was surprised when the guard spoke to him. “What are you doing here old S’mon? You should go back to your meditation place at the lake and leave us alone. We do not need you anymore and will soon be free from the Kireals grip as well as the Grouth. We intend to destroy what is left of the Kireals and from what I hear there are not many of them left. Once we have their weapons we will take control of that surface facility and perhaps we can contact our home world. We may have some rookeries in ships surrounding this world.”
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

Issona reached into this guards mind and knew his name. He spoke in the loud language and asked ISssstona why he was carrying the human military weapon. ISssstona held the weapon up and said “I am guarding three dissenters in this locker.” Issona was saddened by this response. He knew that Ishoona, ISHoda and Sironna were inside. “What is it that they have dissented about?” “Ha, you old S’mon, you keep to yourself so much you do not know what is happening to the rest of us. We have grown tired of being slaves to the Kireals and as I have told you, we will rectify that this day. The three in here would tell the Kireals of our plans and we would be killed so they must be kept locked up.” Issona was even more saddened by this S’mon’s complete loss of spiritual being. “ISssstona, why have you forsaken our ways, we do not create war and we do not kill for power. The three females you have locked up are of our species and yet you treat them as if you are one of the Kireal. You must let them go and this business of killing the Kireals must stop. We will be set free by the humans or surface dwellers as you call them these days and it will be soon.”

ISssstona felt the tingling in his mind and knew almost immediately that the old S’mon was using the mind lock on him. He yelled at the S’mon to stop and get out of his head and pulled the trigger on the military weapon. The shot rang out and the old S’mon fell backward violently. ISssstona watched as the wise one fell to the ground and walked to stand over him. “ISonda told me that you would try to use your mind powers on me and he also told me to kill you. He will be the new wise one and control the colony from now on. I am to take your body to the lake and feed the creatures that live in there.” He raised the weapon to shoot it once more but the rock hit him in the forehead and knocked him backwards. He dropped the weapon and fell to his back.

The team came around the corner in the tunnel and could barely see the light that seemed to be at least a hundred feet in front of them. The echo of the gun shot still rang in the tunnel. Daniel was the first to run forward and as he approached the light he could see an alien holding a rifle and beginning to shot the other one lying on the ground. He quickly picked up a rock and let loose. His aim was deadly and the rock hit the one standing in the forehead. The being flipped backward and the rifle dropped from his hands. Daniel hurried over and knelt beside Issona. The little alien was not moving but Daniel could see that he was breathing. He had been shot through the chest and the blood looked oddly enough, blue in color. The others from the team ran up and Theresa went to her knees quickly. She pulled a scarf from her pack and began to dab the blood. “Issona, can you hear me?” She heard in her mind the alien talking to her. Yes dear one, I can hear you but I am not long for remaining in this place. You must set the three in the locked up place free. What has happened to ISssstona? He was going to kill me and take me to the lake. I am afraid I will not be able to show you and your companions where the green mist tunnel is. It is very deadly and you will have to be protected somehow from the mist. It dissolves us if we enter it. There is a broken gate in the locked place. It has been defunct since the Kireals became the rulers down here. Issona choked and spat up some blue fluid. Theresa raised his head into her lap and waited for him to breath easy. Finally he stopped spitting up the fluid and spoke in a broken voice out loud. “The…thr…ee in the locked pla….ce……can still speak…..in t…he…..mind. Sironna,” he coughed some more before continuing. ‘Sironna knows the way to the green mist tunnel, S…he ccca…n show you. The other two, y…ou…must leeet….them go to our colony, Tttttttttttthhhhheeeyyy, willlll know……wh…at….to do.” Issona quit talking and his head fell to the side. Theresa held him for a moment and then he righted his head and spoke his last words and they were crystal clear with no strain. “You must help the colony get back to our galaxy, our home. Hava and Luun have told me that you could and would. There are those that have our ships.” He stopped and his eyes closed. It took a few seconds for Theresa to realize that the little alien was not breathing. Tears welled up in her eyes as she held the body and the team could hear her softly crying.

Daniel knelt beside the alien he had dispatched with the rock, to see if it was breathing. Blue blood was running from the wound in the forehead and Daniel could find no sign of breathing. Michael picked up the old military M16 rifle and shook his head. Daniel searched the being and found some old style keys. They all looked at each other and Susanna took the keys and moved to the steel door. She placed a key in it and twisted. They all heard the latch click and Susanna pushed the door open. The light flooded in and they saw the three aliens huddled on the far wall of the cave/room. Susanna was the first to take the assault on her mind. She grabbed her head with her hands and let out a scream. Michael and Daniel both moved to her side and then they both grabbed their heads as a pain boiled inside. Theresa was not affected as she was close to Issona. Ian made a quick move and spoke into the minds of the three females. You must not hurt these people we are here to help you and the one that was guarding you is dead and so is your wise one. Please stop your attack on my family. His mind thought was so strong that the three females immediately stopped and as one focused their mind thought at Ian. He stood against their attack and moved into the room. He walked to the three and emanated pure love at them. They ceased the attack and looked at him with wide obsidian eyes. He was not as tall as the other humans but he was beyond the pain that the three had projected at the others. Ian bent down in front of the three that were huddled together and began to explain what was happening.

Sironna was the wisest and oldest of the three and as the small human explained to them she began to understand how Issona had made contact and how these humans had come to free them. Sironna and the other two had been told by Issona about the coming time of being able to go home. He had told them about the humans who would come into the caverns and send them all, even the Kireals and Grouth back to their home worlds. The other colonists in the rookeries had lost their wills and in so doing had lost the spiritual abilities to talk in the mind. ISonda had become very angry and began to turn the others against Issona. Sironna knew as well as the other two and Issona that he wanted to be the wise master/teacher and planned to kill Issona to get him out of the way. When they had been locked up she knew that ISonda was making his move to attack the Kireals. Issona was in the blue lake cavern as he always seemed to be these days and they could not communicate due to a blocking from the substance in the lake. They had to be close to him in there to talk.

When ISssstona gathered them, they knew what was on his mind. They could not react fast enough before he locked them up. The little room had something in it that would not let them use the mind tools on him and he told them that their fate would be determined by ISonda when he returned from gaining control over the other species. When the door had been opened, they thought immediately that ISonda had returned and sought to keep him from harming them. The emptiness they felt of Issona’s life force flooded their beings with such a blow that they struck out at the being that had opened the door, the others that came were also attacked and then the bright lit human stood between them and the other intruders. He spoke with the wisdom of Issona. At first they turned there mind thoughts toward him but the thoughts came back to them and they promptly stopped their attack. The human emanated love to them and told them what was happening and who they were that had come. The bright human held out his hand and she took it and he lifted her to her feet. Ishoona and ISHoda stood next to her and they all walked out of the room into the bigger cavern.

Theresa was still sitting and holding Issona when Ian brought the three female aliens from the room. Sironna was the first to move to the side of Issona. She kneeled down and touched the Old S’mon on the forehead. The other two stood together and stared with wide eyes at the humans. Susanna felt the speaking in her mind and spoke back. Do not be afraid, we are here to help you and the others. We have come to make some very bad things go away and help you to get home to your planet. Ishoona heard the human speak to her and ISHoda and said, how is it that you can speak to us in the mind? We were never told that humans could speak this way. Susanna looked at the others as they stood around for a moment. Theresa spoke then and touched Sironna as she spoke. We have been taught how to open our minds and open the doors that have been locked so that we can use the ways that were locked and hidden from us long ago. The human species is waking up from along slumber of slavery and ignorance. We are just a few yet there is many more waking up on this planet and we are fighting a war to regain our spirituality back. We have begun to heal this world. Susanna my sister speaks rightly about why we have come to this place. You need to be healed just as we do. We have been instructed in ways that can send you home from this prison you have been stuck in for so long. We must remove some deadly materials that the humans left here along time ago. This is our first mission. Issona was to take us to the place where the materials our kept but he has had a misfortune and can no longer do this. He did tell me that Sironna could show us the way and that you two must find your colony and begin to prepare them for the journey home.

Sironna was wide eyed as were the other two females. Where is it you must be shown? Theresa had to think for a moment and then said Issona called it the green mist tunnel and said it is located on the upper most level of the Kireals. Sironna, Ishoona and ISHoda visibly flinched. Sironna moved to the other two and they all three hugged each other. Sironna spoke into the mind of Theresa with much trepidation. That place is off limits to us and it can kill us if we get to close. The Kireal supreme leader uses it to punish any one that speaks against him and his rule. Everyone could feel the fear emanating from the three female aliens. Theresa stood up and looked directly at the aliens. She spoke in the loud speech and said “Sironna, we have come to remove that deadly poison and the things that cause it. We cannot do it without your help. We mean to free you and your colony from this place and its long awaited cleansing. Issona told me that you were the only one that could help and you were the wisest of your colony. He also told me to tell you that you are now the Teacher/master and the leader of the colony. We will not let any harm come to you or anyone in your colony for that matter, but you must help us to find the green mist tunnel so we can take care of it.”

Sironna had learned the human language from Issona over the years but only talked with him in the blue lake cavern when they were alone. Issona wanted her to be able to communicate with the humans when they came. She looked at her two companions and clearly spoke to them in the mind. No one in the team could hear her conversation this time. Ishoona and ISHoda both looked at the humans then turned and began to walk toward the way they all had come into the tunnel at the beginning. Sironna waited for the both of them to move away and spoke softly in the human language to Theresa. “Ishoona and ISHoda are going to the old rookeries to inform the colony what has transpired here today. They will ask the rookeries to prepare for our departure from here. ISonda has taken 7 others with him to fight the Kireals. He has met with 10 of the Grouth and they now are approaching the main levels of the Kireals. They plan to attack the Kireals that are guarding the hole that leads to the surface. ISonda is a fool; he does not know that one of the Grouth that is with them has betrayed them to the Kireals. I read their minds before ISonda locked us up. They are walking into a trap and will be killed.” Michael and Daniel both said “Then we must hurry.” Daniel spun around and took Theresa’s arm and began to walk after the two female aliens that had disappeared into the dimness of the tunnel. Michael held out his hand to Sironna and Susanna and said “we are out of time and must hurry. Issona asked us to help keep them all from being killed. We have said we would help so shall we go then?” They all began to walk hurriedly back toward the main cavern. Susanna was looking around and asked, “where has Ian got off to, wasn’t he here just a few minutes ago?”

Return to “Express yourself”