Why is everything going downhill

"Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer."
-Muhammad Ali
Professor Doom

Why is everything going downhill

Post by Professor Doom »

There are some end of the line questions . You close the loop here.

Why is everything slowly going to hell. Buildings collapse, we age ,we get sick – we die.
Somehow we are missing something. Something so simple yet so elusive .

There has to be another way. To build structures that last for millions of years. To stop death aging and diseases to occur. To keep a room perfectly clean just by your presence alone.

So how do you build a structure that will last millions of years? It has to be an energetic construct. All the matter that gives shape to the walls has to follow an energy pattern. A self correcting , self repairing structure. So how do we do that?

How do you stop eating/ aging/ dying. It all starts with the intent right? But where do you go from there?

Something is missing here. Somebody is holding out on a piece of the puzzle .
Fred Steeves

Re: Why is everything going downhill

Post by Fred Steeves »

I like to answer good questions with further questioning: Would this be akin to asking our councils of trees in the forest, or our forbearers for example, why they don't/didn't "live" forever?
The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates
Professor Doom

Post by Professor Doom »

The concepts of death and rebirth going together are not an issue . Living out of balance is .

Not asking why a butterfly lives only two weeks. But I am wondering why do humans live around 80 years of a distorted fucked up kind of life.

Not the egotistical quest for immortality that I am after. But something else...

Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

'Tis the question of questions, is it not? I have always said if you can ask the question it is because you have the answer.

Words come in a distant second place when attempting to give voice to that which is. Yes, we as a collective we are fucked up and out of balance, all the reasons for this have been fully elucidated and even as I write more falsely installed time lines are unraveling... decay of the system is eminent as it's cyclical.

The butterfly is an apt metaphor for life, death and rebirth. I hardly think the butterfly as a caterpillar stresses about it's coming metamorphosis.

Balance and a return to our native state of being is an interior job, our bodies have long forgotten their ethereal nature as we as human struggle to regain our gnosis. I only know one single infinitesimal point of light that is capable of the metamorphosis of ego (physical) identified self back to Self. There are only so many words to express this, the rest must be realized.

You find peace not by rearranging the circumstances of your life, but by realizing who you are at the deepest level.

~Eckhart Tolle
Art: Jazzy Watson
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Fred Steeves

Post by Fred Steeves »

Professor Doom wrote:The concepts of death and rebirth going together are not an issue . Living out of balance is .

Not asking why a butterfly lives only two weeks. But I am wondering why do humans live around 80 years of a distorted fucked up kind of life.

Not the egotistical quest for immortality that I am after. But something else...
Gotchya, okay thanks for clearing that up.

In my opinion fuckedupedness (my new word :)) only enters the equation at the level said being does it's daily living in, and even then only from it's perspective. Let's take our caterpillar/butterfly example: From our much broader perspective we love to glorify this existence, and commonly commit it to metaphor in hopes that this type of amazing transformation may some sunny day relate to our own lives of hanging on in quiet desperation.

But, how might things possibly look from the tiny perspective of our caterpillar itself? I dunno, maybe it doesn't see the beauty and the glory that we see: "My life sucks. I'm slow, I'm helpless, and all I do is eat sleep and shit while praying that one of those damn birds don't dig me up and eat me; and if that's not bad enough, I lost half of my family last week to an evil man's fishing hook!"

How about the next stage: "Okay, so I'm back and it's pretty cool that I can fly; but what kind of a cruel joke is this from my maker that I can only gimp around here in low orbit from bush to bush, while bearing witness to the birds above me freely exploring the heavens? This sucks."

Of course I'm joking around, as I'm sure both caterpillar and butterfly are quite content within their given situations in life, I'm just demonstrating that our level of consciousness can make of something whatever we choose.

So are things really this fucked up? I reckon that's a matter of perspective.
The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates
Eelco

Post by Eelco »

?
Are we living fucked up lives?
The truth the sages talk about is so very very simple. It's not elusive, its just so simple we spend years overcomming our cognitive dissonance before believing it is so simple.

Everything that happens, every phenomenon you encounter is in itself subject to change, it feels like the grating of a chalk on a blackboard and has absolutely nothing to do with you.

The earth will survives either with humans on it or not. WHo cares if the room is cleaned by manual labor, just being there or not at all.
It was presumably clean once, is dirty now and will without a doubt become either clean or non-existent in some future again.

Cleaning it is not suffering. Fretting over the fact that you have to clean again when you just did 2 loads of laundry and this mornings dishes while actually you wanted to sit outside and do nothing for an hour or play fortnite for 6.

Stop fretting over it and either do it or don't.
I bet tha last option, do or don't and stop fretting about it is the problem, but also the sollution/truth of it.

With Love
Eelco
~ “for what it's worth”~
~Placebo~
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

It’s so nice to see you here again Eelco! You are a perfect counterpoint. I would agree that on the surface of things, our reality is getting pretty bizarre and does seem to be crumbling, at least some aspects of it. And it does feel to many as if we are standing on the edge of a precipice. But, it’s not the only way to “see”, and you bring a refreshing simplicity. For some reason, the following image reminded me of you when I saw it posted by another forum member who rarely posts these days but shared it on her FB page this morning. In my little bubble of reality, I must admit, all is well. Thank you

I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

Just Breathe, and look, its uphill after all.

Return to “General discussions”