Stab at Trump-abuse connection

"Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer."
-Muhammad Ali
Phil

Stab at Trump-abuse connection

Post by Phil »

Apologies if the title’s “loaded”, just musing while I can’t sleep

Hey everyone—long time, no write. Not much reading either. Slipped into tv/movies in free time and back to cube monkey grind to pay da bills...so it goes

Anyways—I was meditating. Then I fell asleep, as I often do after good meditation. Then I woke up, and instead of meditating (which to me is quieting my thoughts/voices in my head), I did the opposite...internal convos and thought experiments

How can anyone “connect” with Trump? What is about a human being that can see him doing or saying ANYTHING remotely close to positive toward humanity (outside of him, if you consider him human, and ivanka—his not so secret crush)?

The one person I know that would rock the red hat and argue how great he is, is in an extremely abiaucir relationship which has been a pattern in her life

I am in a prettyelf blue, very small state surrounded by middle to upper middle class mostly, so don’t have a great sample size.

But even my “old man” racist Fox-News-24/7 watching Poppop turned on him at this point.

I don’t want a political argument or even much of an opinion on Trump himself—except for the aspect that appeals to....anyone. My theory is those stuck in an extremely abusive cycle are the only “normal” ones supporting him

I-.of course-am not including those that personally are individually benefiting from “liking”/defending him. I talking genuinely liking him, still

Even Fox News broadcasts what he actually says. No matter what the “supporters” there say, they can’t change his actual words (and mannerisms, and appearance)

What has been your experience with people that are ok with him having ANY power?
What is the purpose of your presence?
Fred Steeves

Re: Stab at Trump-abuse connection

Post by Fred Steeves »

Hiya Phil, I'll take a stab at it.

I'm smack in the middle of the reddest of reds here in East Tennessee, so Trump is like a national folk hero here. But it's also easy to forget he won by the slimmest of margins by stealing away a couple or so traditionally blue states. Whether the voter "red or blue" it was a lot of the blue collar working stiffs like me that saw him as being their champion to stand up to the establishment that has long since ignored their angry voices.

By this point a lot of people's continued support of him is something along the lines of "he may be a prick of a fucking asshole, but he's OUR prick fucking asshole fighting the good fight for us, the forgotten man".

It takes a lot of confirmation bias to ignore *what he actually does*, and *how he actually treats people* that doesn't match their folk hero view of him, but if he is their last hope of a brighter future, what does that future look like to them if he turns out to be just another swamp creature? Rather bleak, right? Better to let the dream continue.

It takes a heavy helping of cognitive dissonance as well. I've yet to see a rabid supporter be able to square the circle by answering the question of if he is really draining the swamp, why he has surrounded himself with swamp creatures of the highest order? From the war mongering, regime change minded neocons, to Goldman Sachs executives. It just doesn't compute with the way they WANT it to be, so therefore it's not really there; it's not really happening.

If one keeps themselves locked inside of pro Trump (or any other such bubble for that matter) propaganda bubbles, that cognitive dissonance fits like a pair of comfortable old slippers. "He's fighting for ME, I don't CARE how he presents himself or how damn rude and a bully he is!"
The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates
Fred Steeves

Post by Fred Steeves »

Was I seeing things, or did a post from our local neighborhood professor disappear from this afternoon?

Socrates
Professor Doom

Post by Professor Doom »

Tengo el poder de borrar mis propios mensajes.

Professor Doom

Post by Professor Doom »

Fred Steeves

Post by Fred Steeves »

Professor Doom wrote:Tengo el poder de borrar mis propios mensajes.
Ah, I just discovered that little trick myself. Apparently this power is temporary however.

At least for us mere mortals.

Socrates
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

Like him or not just the mention of the name seems to bring some of my favorite folks out of the woods. I've long noted that human beings like points of contention, we like the stir of controversy and that isn't a bad thing for too often we fall into a puddle of complacency and need an opposing view to move us into action, even if it's writing on a backwoods forum in cyberspace.

Hi Phil!!! So nice to read a few words from you, I see you pop up on other mediums from time to time and always wonder how donk is doing... maybe we should catch up one day soon.

And dear Professor Doom I missed a muse from you? ... such are the variables of the multizoned tasking I find myself immersed in these days. I did get a nice chuckle from your choice images though.

What I can't wrap my ample mind around is why anyone on this planet or in the galaxy would find any interest in a man named Trump, I mean he is a cartoon character, right? Yes, he is playing a rather stupefying role on the planetary game board of idiots but really even his reality TV shows were stupid and this one no less. And red or blue (two electrical currents that miss connection therefore are loose wires setting of sparks that go nowhere) aren't there better descriptives like Democraps and Republitards. What a farce of human possibilities, how many gazillions of hours of human potential are washed down the drain of no return by focusing on this? Draining the swamp? LOL From this lady's perspective the only interest she can garner is watching from a distance with some bemusement and a certain amount of interest in observing the crumbling of the house of cards. This is coupled with a huge amount of empathy for all living creatures because these gamester-gangsters have zero compassion for the damage they wreck in their temper tantrums.

The only enigma of a leader I see is Putin (Put-in) who obviously has a expanded view and makes his moves with careful consideration, though to what end he moves is anyone's guess. And for all his 'help' and I do mean extra-dimensional help, he is still on a stage that is being directed by 'other', the unseen hand that will play until the end of game.

Each of us can play our end game and many are. Are you?

The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.

Return to “General discussions”