On the Journey...

Blue Rising

Re: On the Journey...

Post by Blue Rising »

Oh, I do grow weary.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/8cb8ZUpAr94[/youtube]

[youtube]https://youtu.be/SLi7Ljcy6n8[/youtube]

[youtube]https://youtu.be/7ZobRuNO2dk[/youtube]

Last one was shared by "UPTHEIRS" ... LOL! I may rethink "Blue Rising" ...
Do not fashion me a maiden who needs saving from the dragons. I am the Dragon. And I will eat you whole.
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Blue Rising

Post by Blue Rising »

I have been gifted a space, over here tucked away, in which I am exploring things. Since that is the case, I will use it to express something timely.

I was issued an if/then statement recently. And this bothered me. I wondered why, and have been looking into that. I think I understand why. The statement issued to me was not about love, but this particular statement illustrates my problem with if/then statements: "If you love me, then you will..." Another example, using the negative (not): "if you love me, then you will not..."

This statement shows quite a measure of insecurity, emotional immaturity, and a need to control on the part of the issuer of the command. A manipulation. In many cases, it is also used to (try to) incite guilt or shame. I do not like it when someone tries to manipulate me. However, I am reminded that when someone else attempts to control or coax a certain response from me...it is none of my business.

What is my business is how I react to that. There are two choices that I see, in the case of the negative, above.

1) Ignore the command. That may be seen by the issuer of said command as submitting. Taking no action on my part is seen as a success on the part of other.

2) Do the opposite of what is commanded. This may be seen as confrontation or an invitation for opposition. For example, if I do what I normally would, and that action is in direct opposition to the command issued, it can be seen as a strategic move in some kind of game.

This is a time to let go. I will not base any action or inaction on a threat or on a ploy to manipulate. What others say about me says a whole lot more about them than it does me. Those who try to manipulate probably come from a place of fear. I do have compassion for others, and I feel for the pain some people experience. But you know what? Painful experiences, at some point, become all about us. At some point, they are no longer about those who caused the pain. (I am specifically speaking to one particular personal situation here, and I am not speaking about any situation I have discussed on a forum, nor am I speaking to anything that I have seen discussed on a forum.) I hope the wisdom of these words is heard, I am not saying this to be hurtful actually. This is just personal rambling about growth, about getting out of the mindset of the victim and into the mindset of growth. Growth is often painful.

Those who try to manipulate, those who would like to reach out and poke because they think they can, show that there is something about themselves that is in need of attention. I guess they can reach out and poke if it makes them feel better. It's up to me whether that does anything though.

This time? No.
This effort is hereby
Do not fashion me a maiden who needs saving from the dragons. I am the Dragon. And I will eat you whole.
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

I am rather fond of your nook, I had to log in just to thank you for the above post.

The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Blue Rising

Post by Blue Rising »

:oops: <=== I need a smiley that is a "blushing" rather than an "oops".....haha

Anyway, thanks.

Christine wrote:I am rather fond of your nook, I had to log in just to thank you for the above post.

Phil

Post by Phil »

There's at least two more options: show the hurt, lashing out attempted manipulator what they are doing directly in hopes to help them get a better understanding of the consequences of their choices....or do it passively aggressively in a forum post ;)

Either of these might show the manipulator that they are most likely sending (spending?) their energy and attention in the wrong direction. Realizing that might be essential for healing.
What is the purpose of your presence?
Blue Rising

Post by Blue Rising »

Phil wrote:There's at least two more options: show the hurt, lashing out attempted manipulator what they are doing directly in hopes to help them get a better understanding of the consequences of their choices....or do it passively aggressively in a forum post ;)

Either of these might show the manipulator that they are most likely sending (spending?) their energy and attention in the wrong direction. Realizing that might be essential for healing.
:lol:

Love you, Phil.
Blue Rising

Post by Blue Rising »

[youtube]https://youtu.be/Edwsf-8F3sI[/youtube]

Freedom. Transparency comes with freedom. Grateful for the Gift of Release.
Phil

Post by Phil »

It takes hard work sometimes to get out of a space where you feel need to hide...or part of a created reality where you're made to feel invisible, nonexistent.

It's nice to see you breaking some loops, and feeling free to be yourself. Truth tends to do that, once you get your heart and mind in the right place.
What is the purpose of your presence?
Blue Rising

Post by Blue Rising »

I ran across something yesterday. A question, actually. "What if the only things you woke to this morning, are the things you expressed gratitude for yesterday?"

Wow.

What a complete shift this question can provide. As I thought about how many things I feel grateful for, versus how many I express gratitude for...neither number is sufficient. I am grateful for almost everything (ha!), but do I sit with this gratitude? Actually, not very often. I don't know that is necessary, but I think it would be a positive force for anyone, so I am sitting in it this morning. And my list started with the things that I take for granted. Things that I do not stop to notice.

Here is something that brings a smile to my face, and to my heart, every time I think about it. When my daughter was two or three years old, she introduced me to a new word: droomer. She wanted me to do something with her, and I explained that I needed to put "this" away first, referring to the vacuum cleaner. But I did not say "vacuum cleaner". So she asked, "Put away the droomer?" I looked at her, looked at the vacuum, and just smiled.

A little later, I was making dinner. I had cooked the potatoes, added what I add, and was pulling out the mixer to whip them up, when she wanted to help. I sat her on the counter, and she asked if she could droom the potatoes. I thought to myself, "you want to vacuum them?" She reached for the mixer. Hmmmm.

Then a few days later, I was making something in the blender. She asked if she could help (do you see a pattern here hahaha?), and of course you see where this is going. I had her put the ingredients in the blender, and she asked if she could run the droomer.

Okay, I finally got it. And I laughed at the joy. Anything that made some type of mechanical hum was a "droomer."

This came to me again just a few months ago, when my 19 year old daughter asked me where the droomer was. I stopped in my tracks and laughed and laughed. I asked her, "which one?" And then realized that none of my daughters, even now-all grown, knew what to call the hard-floor vacuum type thing we use. They actually thought the technical name for such a device was droomer.

Ahhhh. It was so funny that I cannot even tell it without having the biggest smile on my face to this day.

I will go sit in the gratitude for that joy. I like joy. I like to smile. And I am grateful for such experiences that break up the heaviness.

Much Love,

Return to “The Voice of 1”