The Search

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Eelco

The Search

Post by Eelco »

I'm starting to notice a pattern in truth seeking.

Somehow whenever a previous truth is falsified a new truth seems to emerge.
Somehow though these newer truths seem to find a base that is often rooted in older/more traditional truths we/I had when I was younger.

As I get older more often than not I find that a new truthy narrative pops up and all I can think of is either.
I've know this all along, or why didn't i see that before as I find all the information was there already.
Without as much as a second look instead of real research i find i start going through my memory banks and find "proof" or synchronicities or bits of knowledge that will (based on my initial resonance to the new truth) acknowledge the idea of yes or no.

Someone told me the other day that Sophia means Wisdom to her.
It got me thinking about the use of words and symbols. If Sophia is wisdom. Why not call it what it is.
Why go along with the narrative to deify Wisdom as an imposed part of this planet we used to call Earth, Terra and now Gaia.

Same with the concept of Soul. Which over the years I and I'm guessing most people have seen as part of god. animated by god, a conscious part of the whole etc. Most seem to think that soul is an eternal part of the whole as well as the self.

Isn't that just our fear of change (dying) talking?
I have come to believe, think, find as my truth that soul if it even exists is nothing more changeable than say our ego.
Better still I can find no part of me that is more than or less than my ego is. Both are part of me. That is both are equally non-existent as the me that i experience every day. Why do we seem to need to project a part of ourselves out there and call it soul as if it is a separate entity going through its growing/learning stages. Why make up stories that will change our souls for better or worse based on an action we take today.

I somehow choose to label parts of my experience and thinking processes to one or the other(soul/ego). But the bases on which I create those labels are as arbitrary as any. Founded upon old ideas I have about myself and the nature of soul.

Anyway. Thoroughly confused ramblings of me.

With Love
Eelco
~ “for what it's worth”~
~Placebo~
Naga_Fireball

Re: The Search

Post by Naga_Fireball »

:shock:

Eelco. I had this thought cross my mind when that rattlesnake dodge my foot yesterday. There were some dead birds in the highway.

I wondered, why do people complain (not you i mean self included) about the idea of mother earth and earth soul.

The Simon and Garfunkel song about the sparrow really drives this home.

"Who will love a little sparrow
Who's traveled far,
And cries for rest,

Not i said the oak tree
I won't share my branches with no sparrows nest
My blanket of leaves wont warm her cold breasts

Who will love a little sparrow
And who will speak a kindly word

Not I said the swan
The entire idea is utterly absurd
I'd be laughed at and scorned if the other swans heard

Who will take pity in his heart
and who will feed a starving sparrow

Not I said the golden wheat
I would if I could but I cannot I know
For I need all my grain to prosper and grow

Who will love a little sparrow
And who will write her eulogy

I will said the earth
For all I've created returns unto me
Of dust were ye made and dust ye shall be"

Hug
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

Beautiful ramblings, true heart-speak. Truth cannot be imparted via words or other, it is the very heart and core of each of us. Call it Love, name her Wisdom, dance with Father Sky and Mother Earth.
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

You guys probably shudder at how often I quote frank herbert, but the guy was a lump of gold.

He said in a novel that a god must accept nothing and thereby accept everything.

The fact that the earth does not judge us. She just supports our lives and deaths. It freaks out the religious people, but the naturalist and also the truth seeker do, as Christine alludes, find themselves in a silent place.

It is true that out in the wild, in the place where truth lives, our words lose much of their power and meaning.

It is by action and the withholding of action, careful planning and wise reaction, not by words, that a person survives the wild.

Yet the irony in how often the traveler comes back to society just long enough to publish a book on how to survive there.

And the wild has then taken a transient thing, and turned it into something longer lasting, like Christ with the water turning into wine. He did not say very much about it but it was one of the greatest miracles.

Sorry for being a windbag lol
~William Cowper
Eelco

Post by Eelco »

I love the Dune series so no probs there...

I find myself in a strange place lately.
On the one hand still wanting to help manifest the religious and new-agey ideas of Love, unity, peace and possibly abbundance.
On the other hand I feel all those "wants" are as empty as what we have now.

I see people who enjoy alone time in nature best of all talking about uniting all free thinkers to overthrow the current system and I start to wonder.

From a pragmatic perspective it is the power of the lone predator that seems to have the upper hand.
So maybe, just maybe it isn't about uniting as herds of unitedly empowering each other.

Maybe its the selfish act of following your inner core regardless of "other" people.
Just become that hermit. That funny old man that lives in his trailer on a field just outside of town. Who knows.

It seems that one thing has empowered the evil doers in this plan. Which is their ability to not care about the other, but put themselves first always.
That's their choice and that is what they achieved...

With Love
Eelco
~ “for what it's worth”~
~Placebo~
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

That is an interesting perspective Eelco. I think there are two kinds of selfish. One is where you see yourself, or your group, as your focus of intention, with everyone and everything else being basically a resource to help further your agenda.

The other type of selfish sees and feels the interconnectedness of all things. I am very selfish, but I also identify the whole of nature as my relations. I actually am kind of trying to be that hermit in the woods. But not for myself alone. By returning to a more simple life, where my focus is not on being a consumer, but how I can enrich my environment to the benefit of all life. It may appear that I am just focused on myself, but in a way that hopefully allows me to have more of real value to share with others.

I want to remaster my ability to live without the construct of artificial wealth created by man. To me, real wealth is being able to feed more than yourself, and sharing with those who have less than I do. That makes me feel wealthy.

The rich in this world did not get there by being kind, altruistic, and generous. They got there by stepping over their fellowman, and by tricking us into thinking we need all this crap they want us to slave our lives away for. Just so they can live a life of so called comfort.

They show every sign of a serious addiction problem, but instead they get rewarded. Very strange world we live in.

My motto is, learn to live simply, so that others can simply live. Especially if you live in America, this is a foreign concept to most. I get that deer caught in the headlights look all the time.
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

Eelco, I really appreciate your uncensored thoughts, as we are sharing here on ee, a small garden, simple creative expression from the core Being-Self is illustrative of our imaginary capacity ... I am so in awe at where we can go from here. Thanks for sharing.

Humanity unplugged and feet in the mud!

S-elf-ish is the One Self ... those that control others are disconnected from the magical natural world of wonder. All mind constructs ultimately lead is to dead ends which in themselves force us to loop back to the beginning again.

Feeling rather random today ... untethered.
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

I know this sounds so cliche, but from a scientific point of view, we are quantum beings whose purpose and perceptions are in constant flux.

Just like a radioactive isotope with strange potential and unquantifiable presence, we are.

Mysterious and deep, and full of inner highways and truths.
~William Cowper
Eelco

Post by Eelco »

Synchronistimistisysm anyone?
Anything is one of a million paths [un camino entre cantidades de caminos]. Therefore you must always keep in
mind that a path is only a path; if you feel you should not follow it, you must not stay with it under any
conditions. To have such clarity you must lead a disciplined life. Only then will you know that any path is only a
path, and there is no affront, to oneself or to others, in dropping it if that is what your heart tells you to do. But
your decision to keep on the path or to leave it must be free of fear or ambition. I warn you. Look at every path
closely and deliberately. Try it as many times as you think necessary. Then ask yourself, and yourself alone, one
question. This question is one that only a very old man asks. My benefactor told me about it once when I was
young, and my blood was too vigorous for me to understand it. Now I do understand it. I will tell you what it is:
Does this path have a heart? All paths are the same: they lead nowhere. They are paths going through the bush,
or into the bush. In my own life I could say I have traversed long, long paths, but I am not anywhere. My
benefactor's question has meaning now. Does this path have a heart? If it does, the path is good; if it doesn't, it is
of no use. Both paths lead nowhere; but one has a heart, the other doesn't. One makes for a joyful journey; as
long as you follow it, you are one with it. The other will make you curse your life. One makes you strong; the
other weakens you."
Don Juan.

With Love
Eelco
~ “for what it's worth”~
~Placebo~
Phil

Post by Phil »

Eelco wrote:I love the Dune series so no probs there...

I find myself in a strange place lately.
On the one hand still wanting to help manifest the religious and new-agey ideas of Love, unity, peace and possibly abbundance.
On the other hand I feel all those "wants" are as empty as what we have now.

I see people who enjoy alone time in nature best of all talking about uniting all free thinkers to overthrow the current system and I start to wonder.

From a pragmatic perspective it is the power of the lone predator that seems to have the upper hand.
So maybe, just maybe it isn't about uniting as herds of unitedly empowering each other.

Maybe its the selfish act of following your inner core regardless of "other" people.
Just become that hermit. That funny old man that lives in his trailer on a field just outside of town. Who knows.

It seems that one thing has empowered the evil doers in this plan. Which is their ability to not care about the other, but put themselves first always.
That's their choice and that is what they achieved...

With Love
Eelco
I think "new ager" woo-woo thought/movement is attempting to flip the predator/prey thing on its head. The keyboard warriors and supersoldiers and angry youth are talking about hunting down/removing predators (as they talk about how impossible their hold is on us)

I think the flaw in the thinking is in the approach. A "successful" prey animal isn't one that "takes down" it's predator. It's the one that finds a way to exist in its reality. Key being: NOT TAKING IT PERSONALLY.

The extreme of my thinking has us just accepting being prey...and trying to be the best at it...the dog-eat-dog ratrace we currently live in where we essentially act as predators within our own species. I don't think this is the way to go either...and when I say "accept"...I don't mean just hopelessly helplessly lay down and take the oppression.

I mean to "really understand reality", to see the situation for what it is, and not be in denial of it...not to get "good at it" as it currently is...because if we are as creative as your OP implies...cuz all I could see in it on first reading (very good by the way) is FREE WILL...and if it is in fact real, which it certainly seems enough so for me to think the illusion is good enough if that's the case, I choose to believe I live with FW...so maybe if enough our species can gain awareness enough to help thwart the intra-species predation, then I think there's a shot of effectively identifying...the first step in removing...the next-level predator situation.

Just because it may not happen in our lifetime, and that it may be an as-above-so-below fractal of "bigger fish", I still think it's worth trying (living) for
What is the purpose of your presence?

Return to “Wisdom - KnowThySelf”