The Door to the Heart

''Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.''
-Bruce Lee
Spiritwind

The Door to the Heart

Post by Spiritwind »

I know I keep hammering down the same points, using a somewhat different way of saying it each time. But I remember when I went to the support group, Stuck to Unstuck, it was actually very helpful for me and others who were there to keep hearing the same information said different ways. Maybe part of that is because of the many years of programming and indoctrination we have to undo. Anyway, I think it is helpful, at least to me, to keep reminding myself of what it really is I am choosing between.

The Door to the Heart

The weight of this world feels heavy sometimes. Just the suffering of those close to me, in various ways, is hard to bear. I think about what makes me feel so tired most of the time. Why I struggle to motivate myself. And when I do allow my mind to go there, I see someone caught up in the legal system on trumped up charges, who may spend a great deal of time paying for poor judgement, but absolutely no criminal intent, in ways that boggle my mind. Some twisted concept of Justice there. Then there is the young couple who feel the futility of life working minimum wage jobs, and now feel afraid again as one of them has suddenly become unemployed. I know too many to count experiencing serious health issues, and the fear engendered from that. I could go on and on. All of us seem to feel challenges in our lives, in ways as unique as we are.

Then I think about those in large parts of the world who live with a terror that those here in America can not conceive, unless maybe you're well traveled or spent a great deal of time in the military, or even a short time during times of war. I think about what I see happening with this current presidential race that is unlike anything I have seen before. And then I even think about our alternative communities that are still so caught up in ways they are not even aware of. It may sound presumptuous of me to say so, but I have made an observation about the predicament we are in.

I also allowed my mind to observe what it was that felt good to think about, what invigorated me, and inspired me. You see, I used to be so interested in finding out the truth about so many things that I knew we were outright being lied to about, or at best fed seriously manipulated bits of sanctioned information that barely resembles the truth. So much has been fabricated and distorted. I wanted to know our true history, what the truth was about the alien presence here, and much more, as well as the truth about current events, instead of the story mainstream media has been instructed to tell the masses. Then the alternative media and community immediately sets to work to debunk and show how the narrative doesn't quite add up. Unfortunately truth still seems to elude us, with any certainty that is, despite these efforts, except to reassure us that it's business as usual. All that truth and yet nothing seems to change.

What made me happy to think about, though, was really pretty simple, and has to do with being the change I want to see. I have been visualizing various scenarios for almost 40 years, and many of those very things I visualized are coming to pass in my life in the most interesting of ways. I used to imagine an A-frame house, and a large garden and fruit trees, and two large white dogs, and horses and goats. My life has strayed far from that over the course of time, but yet, like a meandering river, somehow has drawn to me those very things. Slowly, almost imperceptibly, I am where I wanted to be my whole life.

Now, I realize, not many are actually in that place, for whatever reason, and yet I know I am not alone in this realization. And that is, how incredible our powers of imagination really are. Of course there is still distraction, and challenge, living in this world that interfaces with two entirely different reality structures. One that is biological, organic, and actually down to earth and practical at the same time. It is orderly, but can be viewed as somewhat chaotic at the same time, due to its continually emergent forces of life expressing itself from moment to moment.

The other reality is, in contrast, very orderly, but in a much different way. This reality has allowed the mind to become separated from the heart. It is neither really so black and white as to say one reality is good and the other is bad. To me, it is more accurate to say they are simply two realms of possible experience, each having intrinsic value in their own right. But this reality is the one that applies a singular focus. It is the eye of perceived perfection, and is very discriminate in its assessment of that supposedly lofty goal. It compares and contrasts, and incessantly judges. Of course, every time you try to freeze frame reality, to put it under the magnifying glass so to speak, your assessment is bound to come up lacking. Pretty soon, all this eye can see is the imperfection, and begins to feel an overwhelming need to control. This reality has become mechanical, and cold, because it can no longer feel the bliss of imagination and true creation.

But at the end of the day, despite the fact that we are literally residing in both of these realities at the same time, we can choose the reality we want to give our energy to, the one we want more of. And therein lies our freedom, if we choose to admit it to ourselves. And I know which one of these realities that I exist in that I wish to give more energy to. Which one that invigorates me, and inspires me. I feel bliss when I think about the land, and interfacing with nature. I imagine the land telling me where it would like me to plant the fruit trees I would like to grow, and where the water flows. And even where it wouldn't mind a few trees coming down to accommodate our tiny house we envision. I imagine the partially underground greenhouses I want to make with the already existing deep ditches dug for the perk tests on the land. I imagine the joy I will feel when I get to experience my first successful cheddar cheese from our own goats milk. And I could go on and on.

It has actually become very easy for me to see where I want to put my focus, intention, and energy. And I feel the love nature has for us when we engage with her this way. So much love. In grace and beauty I express gratitude for this understanding. And I also express gratitude for the less pleasant lessons of gaining skill in dealing with the world of man. With over 7 billion human body suits running around out there, I don't know that we can honestly blame the past, the underworld, or the aliens, for any of it anymore.
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....
Naga_Fireball

Re: The Door to the Heart

Post by Naga_Fireball »

This is humbling and beautiful, a good reminder of the long view and importance of nurture.

I'm super glad for you and you won't believe me, but I think A frames are cool too. Not sure why. My dad sort of made fun of them but they stand out and are pretty.

Not to mention an adventurous person could research northwest tribal art and deck it out up there.

I think building a nordic style eave or awning on the front in the style of a ravens beak or dragons head holding a lantern would be so fun.

Wtb liquor license etc jk ;)

Do you have access to stones on the property? That was my gramps huge love, patio building. He laid the hugest slabs is sandstone in front of their trailer before the house was built.

Now, I know you were talking about more than land and things. But I know too that the surroundings do reflect the soul of the inhabitant. Nanny (great grandmother) loved her garden.

It was obvious to anyone who saw her place that she loved the land and everything that grows.
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper

Return to “Express yourself”