The Search

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Phil

Re: The Search

Post by Phil »

I like that way of living Spiritwind, and try it myself....it's tough the way things are arranged....though I found if I trust in the universe and really keep things in perspective, I always have had ENOUGH...and in most cases...MORE THAN ENOUGH.

That's what I see as the parasitic thought that separates a "true" human in touch with reality from one (more intensely) addicted/emotionally attached to the artificial constructs many of us mistake for "life" (like Naga says, in flux, we all do it sometimes, sometimes maybe everyone has moments of lucidity)
What is the purpose of your presence?
Eelco

Post by Eelco »

Phil wrote: I think "new ager" woo-woo thought/movement is attempting to flip the predator/prey thing on its head. The keyboard warriors and supersoldiers and angry youth are talking about hunting down/removing predators (as they talk about how impossible their hold is on us)

I think the flaw in the thinking is in the approach. A "successful" prey animal isn't one that "takes down" it's predator. It's the one that finds a way to exist in its reality. Key being: NOT TAKING IT PERSONALLY.

The extreme of my thinking has us just accepting being prey...and trying to be the best at it...the dog-eat-dog ratrace we currently live in where we essentially act as predators within our own species. I don't think this is the way to go either...and when I say "accept"...I don't mean just hopelessly helplessly lay down and take the oppression.

I mean to "really understand reality", to see the situation for what it is, and not be in denial of it...not to get "good at it" as it currently is...because if we are as creative as your OP implies...cuz all I could see in it on first reading (very good by the way) is FREE WILL...and if it is in fact real, which it certainly seems enough so for me to think the illusion is good enough if that's the case, I choose to believe I live with FW...so maybe if enough our species can gain awareness enough to help thwart the intra-species predation, then I think there's a shot of effectively identifying...the first step in removing...the next-level predator situation.

Just because it may not happen in our lifetime, and that it may be an as-above-so-below fractal of "bigger fish", I still think it's worth trying (living) for
It isn't just the predator/prey dichotomy.
From the don Juan quote this bit : All paths are the same: they lead nowhere. They are paths going through the bush,
or into the bush. In my own life I could say I have traversed long, long paths, but I am not anywhere.
is what stands out for me. The question whether a path has a heart is secondary to that truth. It's the bit that makes life more enjoyable, but in the end whether your path had a heart or not.

Remember I can't stand the term sheeple? It's the acceptance I have of a human being that will helplessly lay down and accept it's role as prey that causes me to flinch when i hear the term sheeple used. If his or her path leads him or her to that decision. It will be as significant a choice as is the choice of the man or woman that will bring this system down.

I hold the notion that reality as it is cannot be really understood. Well not on a level that we can have a meaningful discussion about anyways. WHy not? Reality is malleable, impermanent if you will. The chakra's that helped so many on the path yesterday and today will change into new abstractions people use to discuss their energy fields and manipulation of it. Heart centered toroidal fields perhaps? The triune brain will be seen through as an inadequate but helpful mnemonic to talk about the importance of hormonal processes instead of the reality it is often seen as now.

Even the choice to be a seeker of knowledge (trying to understand reality), remaining a slave of the system or some completely different life's choices are every bit as meaningful as the other.

You know when I left tot that was the 3d large(ish) forum I was a close member of that sort of dissipated. On every one of the I had a period in which I though we could accomplish something.
I do on occasion not speak up IRL and choose to hold my tongue. And yes it often comes and bites me in the buttocks.
I did follow a school for bio-dynamic farming in the hope of being able to live self-sustainable and set that dream aside for the more accepted lifestyle of a wage slave. I've meditated, reiki mastered, shiatsu therapied etc...
I've been drunk, stoned. In love, bitter, cynical, in awe, moved to tears, bit my tongue in anger. I breathed, I choked. I fought in the astral, freed trapped souls. I read and thought and wanted. I even cried a little

All experiences that led me to here. Nowhere.
For me I am beginning to see that this no where is exactly where I need to be.
It isn't particularly blissful, It in't hellish by a long shot.

There's people to love and small pleasures to enjoy.
Some fresh air to be breathed and paycheck minus bills permitting some healthy foods to be eaten.
LIfe. Don't you just love it...

WIth Love
Eelco
~ “for what it's worth”~
~Placebo~
Phil

Post by Phil »

Sure, that "nowhere" (NOW-HERE) is all that's really real
Eelco

Post by Eelco »

Phil wrote:Sure, that "nowhere" (NOW-HERE) is all that's really real
Nope.. not sure of anything...
Well i am pretty sure my body is still breathing...
:lol:

With Love
Eelco
~ “for what it's worth”~
~Placebo~
Eelco

Post by Eelco »

I've been thinking about nowhere..
I know now that it isn't real.... It's just where I am.
In fact it's exactly where all paths lead to. Paths with heart end up there just the same as those that don't.(They seem to begin there too.)

Gives an entirely new meaning to the old knowledge that it's about the ride and not the destination.

WIth Love
Eelco
~ “for what it's worth”~
~Placebo~
Eelco

Post by Eelco »

Talking about the ride..

Somehow it seems to me that the search for knowledge has become the effort to convince others of Truth.
Where only a few years ago the emphasis seemed to be on conquering our own demons. As a result it seems that our inner demons were projected out into the world. Now everyone is enlightened and it's the 1%, the reptilians and other foes that keep us from living our enlightened lives.

reminds me of Nietzche
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee."
With Love
Eelco
~ “for what it's worth”~
~Placebo~
Phil

Post by Phil »

I dunno, I think that it's just that more people are pointing out the hypocrites more often and loudly...it's becoming a form of entertainment in itself and sure some of those looking into that abyss (and getting the attention of others by pointing at it) have the abyss looking back at them, but all in all I find it to be a refreshing trend.

Good example is the article in the article spiritwind just posted, I like to see the positive side of things, even if the "trend" aspect of those things may be exaggerated a bit. It's nice to see ideals starting to be realized a bit, especially in our arrangement of living and the mindset of the collective. Sure, we're not there yet...and may never be, but I try looking at the bright side these days...pessimism is exhausting
Eelco

Post by Eelco »

Phil wrote: but all in all I find it to be a refreshing trend.

<snip>
but I try looking at the bright side these days...pessimism is exhausting
It seems to have lost its refreshing quality for me.
All I see is people screaming their truth for all it's worth as if saying it more often and louder will somehow create the change in their lives they want to see. I realize that what we see on-line is just a small part of their lives. Non the less however i feel it's the part that deals with visions and dreams for a brighter future. In that regard it is hopeful.

As it is though again I seem to be on a point where I see through the wishes and intuit a path that goes within instead of without.
Here I am doing the exact same thing. trying to share and through words get a grip on something that can only be understood from within.

I agree pessimism is exhausting.. I did read Spiritwinds article. As hopeful as you seems to interpret it's message. I see only treacherous believe systems that keep one wanting.. No offence Spiritwind.

It's very probable it's just my state of mind at the moment of being on the bridge between.
Starting a new job after my 2 week holidays are over, which fills me with a lack of knowing what is going to happen. That feeling seems to spill over into other parts of my life..

WIth Love
Eelco
~ “for what it's worth”~
~Placebo~
Eelco

Post by Eelco »

Welcome to the first church of appliantology.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnSF36PBxbk[/youtube]

Where all life is silicon based and everything has been a tree.

Then again it does make sense if we still adhere to the ascension idea of getting a crystalline body.
Here's a nice comparison between carbon and silicon based life..

http://thelivingcosmos.com/TheNatureofL ... May06.html

I realize I should do some more research to come up with a better conclusion and a powerful 80 minute video to sell the idea..
But I'll leave that up to someone who needs the attention.

Don't be fooled by the fact that silica when it oxidizes becomes a solid. That's just scientifical mumbo jumbo to hide the Truth.
Who says rocks aren't alive right? The can move they just choose not to.

Oh and everyone should were purple. Just because it is written here..
With Love
Eelco
~ “for what it's worth”~
~Placebo~
Eelco

Post by Eelco »

Sometimes i would love to have had a hard childhood.
The one where the hard knocks of live bludgeoned me into insights.

Sometimes I wish where my hours of meditation, staring into candle flames and calling the magnetic winds to aid me in a spell would have had more substantial effects than they have had.

As it is though. I am just the average you that thinks too much and lives an ordinary life.
Even though my mind is capable of conjuring up the most amazing of realities, as it is I still wake up every morning with the need to relief my bladder.
The wish for a hot cup of coffee. My mind ordering the days necessary events. Shopping, driving kids from here to there. food, drink relax.
Let's not forget about work.

Something I do because i feel the need to provide for my family.
If it was just me.. Heck i'd work a lot less..

Over time. I've seen various truth's pass me by and capture my imagination. I followed them for a while thought them to death and moved on.
This way of searching seems to bare only inedible fruits.

With Love
Eelco
~ “for what it's worth”~
~Placebo~

Return to “Wisdom - KnowThySelf”