Who really was Medusa, The Gorgons and the Amazon Women

"Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer."
-Muhammad Ali
Spiritwind

Re: Who really was Medusa, The Gorgons and the Amazon Women

Post by Spiritwind »

Finally, some pictures!

I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

More images of the Amazon women in armed conflict.

Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

Triple Goddess of Tritonis

Gorgon Medusa Mask

Naga (snake) stone worship at Hampi (India)

Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

You will begin to see that these images all hint to a prehistory time where a different story is being told, if you can follow the clues.

http://kwekudee-tripdownmemorylane.blog ... er_19.html

Dona Fish. Ovimbundu peoples, Angola. Circa 1950s-1960s Wood, pigment, metal, mixed media. Private Collection. Photo by Don Cole.
(This sculpture comes from Angola where, as in Zambia, Mami Wata is known generally as Dona Fish (“Fish Woman” or “Madam Fish”). This version of Mami Wata is closely related to the water spirit Mamba Muntu of Central Africa. Carved by an Ovimbundu artist, this work was kept in a house as “decoration,” but it evoked fear and accusations of “witchcraft” from locals who saw it.)

She may also take the form of a snake charmer, sometimes in combination with her mermaid attributes and sometimes separate from them. And as if this formidable water spirit were not complicated enough in her “singular” manifestation, the existence of mami watas and papi watas must also be acknowledged.

Mami Wata shrine figure Annang Ibibio peoples, southeastern Nigeria 1950s–1960s. Wood, pigment, metal, mixed media; 87.6cm (34½") Michael C. Carlos Museum, Emory University 1994.3.9; L2007.63.1

Snakes, ancient and indigenous symbols of African water spirits, frequently accompany Mami Wata, who is often represented as a snake charmer. The partial depiction of Mami Wata’s lower torso often provokes viewers to comment that she is “hiding her secret,” that is, her fish tail. This sculpture, covered in white, riverine clay, was probably the centerpiece of an elaborate Mami Wata altar used by Annang Ibibio peoples.

Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

Pharaoh Akhenaten and his consort Nefertiti

http://www.elixirofknowledge.com/2013/1 ... cient.html

Serpents or snakes in the ancient world had two different meanings, namely heaven and healing and evil and the underworld. The serpent first emerged in ancient Egypt with the god Atum who was depicted as a snake and was associated with the creation and considered to be the finisher of the world. As per the Book of the Dead, Atum rose from the water of chaos taking the form of a snake and in conversation with Osiris, informed that he would turn back to snake form when the world would be destroyed. From this reference it is presumed that the serpent is connected to rebirth and eternity. Serpent is derived from the origin Latin word serpens or serpentis which creeps and is commonly used in mythic or religious rituals and have been used for some of the most oldest rituals performed by humans. As per Egypt mythology namely Wadjet or the Green One, was one of the ancient goddess of the city of Dep and considered to be the patron and protector of lower Egypt and unification of Upper Egypt, a joint protector as well as the patron of the whole of Egypt.

The portray of the Green One or Wadjet with the sun disk is known as the ureaus, and it become the emblem of the crown of rulers of Lower Egypt and was also considered as a protector of kings and rulers as well as women in childbirth. The patron goddess who was associated with land was depicted as a snake headed woman at times like an Egyptian cobra, a venomous snake and at other times as a woman of two snake heads or a snake with a woman’s head. Her worship was in the renowned temple in Per Wadjet which gave the city its name and it is presumed that this oracular tradition spread towards Greece from Egypt. In the Christian Bible, the Old Testament, the serpent was the one who tempted Eve the first female creature in the Garden of Eden and brought about the downfall of innocence and the beginning of sin and the first human beings in the Garden of Eden or Paradise got to know the outcome of eating the forbidden fruit tempted by the serpent to Eve who also enticed Adam to eat the same, thus disobeying God’s law from eating the forbidden fruit.

Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

A few more before I stop for today.

Echidna

http://imgur.com/gallery/gEbvi

Echidna was the daughter of the titans Tartarus and Gaia (although her origin myth varies), and was half nymph and half snake, known as a drakaina. She was married to her brother, Typhon, the most fearsome creature in Greek history.

Like her offspring, the Gorgon, Echidna had snakes for hair and the lower half of her body was a snake's tail. Not much is known about her other than she resided in Tartarus, presumably keeping her husband company, for he was trapped under Mt. Etna as punishment for trying to overthrow Zeus. (Some versions of the myth have her living in a cave, snatching travelers.) This lasted until she was killed by the hundred-eyed giant Argus Panoptes. (Statue: Pirro Ligorio's Echidna, 1552)
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

So, God allowed Satan to tempt Adam and Eve, by putting one tree in the garden they shouldn't eat from, which was granting the privilege to choose, as in free will, and somehow thought they would be so loyal that they would overcome the temptation not only put in their midst, but an outside force to come in and encourage them.

I don't know how many of you have raised children, but that would be like bringing a two year old to a party selling glasswear and telling them not to touch anything. It usually takes some effort for them to learn, along with loving guidance from the parents. Most of us wouldn't throw our child in the pool and expect them to learn how to swim on their own. Just sayin. (That if a few questions arise about the official story that's a good thing)

End of mini rant for the day.
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

I hope Modwiz doesn't mind, but I am sharing a couple of videos he posted over at TOT (The One Truth forum). This is a topic that fascinates me still for a number of reasons and I always meant to come back to it. These are short and sweet. You can probably skip the last minute of the second one (you'll see why : )

https://jandeane81.com/showthread.php/1 ... agic/page5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

[youtube]https://youtu.be/Q9pr2Xxaagw[/youtube]

[youtube]https://youtu.be/0Po22dRCuK0[/youtube]

Return to “General discussions”