Dissolving Ego Tensions

“The wound is the place where the Light enters you.”
― Rumi
Anders

Re: Dissolving Ego Tensions

Post by Anders »

Being selfish in a narrow way causes ego tensions. The Self is oneness and individuality in unity, free from ego tensions.
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

Anders wrote:Being selfish in a narrow way causes ego tensions. The Self is oneness and individuality in unity, free from ego tensions.
In other words:

The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Anders

Post by Anders »

Mainstream physicists are increasingly suggesting that the foundation of our universe is information. One scientist said that those who still say that energy is the most fundamental level have the problem of describing what that energy is. That's a good point. I think of the universe as made of energy which in turn is vibrating waves who in turn are simply change of information. So information is the level that's deeper than even pure energy.

Jesus Christ said that the kingdom of God is within us (similar to the Delphi Oracle quote). That's very deep, maybe deeper than the universe. That's deeper than information because information is separate bits which need something to bind them together. Still, it's useful to use information as a very fundamental model of our reality.

So to reach deeper than the physical body, from an atheistic perspective, we can mentally visualize ourselves as made of information in motion. The even deeper level described in religions and in spiritual traditions is still included because our consciousness is directly connected to that level. And through the visualization, our consciousness connects to the information level of the universe.

The visualization becomes a practical reality by feeling the information of physical reality starting to change the physical body. This makes extremely deep tensions in body and mind start to dissolve.
Anders

Post by Anders »

I found that Tom Campbell has done a lot of research into exactly the combination of consciousness, physics and information described in my previous and other posts. Actually I have listened to him before but I more or less dismissed his information as being incomplete and a bit incorrect. Now however when I listened to a fairly long interview where he explained more, he said that he needs many more hours to explain it fully. So I looked up a YouTube channel about his presentations:

https://www.youtube.com/user/twcjr44" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And in one of those videos he says that his information is logically consistent and without gaps. Quite a bold claim, but I found in the interview that he actually is able to clarify things. So his theory can be worth investigating. I will check out more of his information, and if it checks out I may post a summary here about what I learned.
Anders

Post by Anders »

I learned from Tom Campbell an interesting definition of love. He said that love is low entropy consciousness. And evolution is a process of lowering entropy, so evolution is about increasing love in the universe.

I still disagree with him that we necessarily have to struggle against entropy. What is entropy? Tom Campbell uses the term to describe increase of disorder and deterioration. That's the standard mainstream definition and that's fine, but where does the disorder come from? From randomness? From chance? Does "God" play dice? I don't think so.

Nevertheless, that definition of love shows that we as humanity still have much evolution to do. Because we are still fighting each other which increases disorder and hence is an increase of entropy.

Something I haven't heard Campbell explaining yet, maybe he does so in some video, is that when an individual person struggles, then that's ALSO an increase of entropy, especially for the person himself or herself. So preserving self interest is necessary. Self-sacrifice increases entropy overall and should only be used in emergency situations.

Something funny, yet that actually makes sense, is that technological progress is an increase of love according to Campbell's definition. Because technological progress leads to decrease of entropy. And technology is necessary to lower the entropy for us as individual humans. Otherwise we would have to sacrifice ourselves in service to others such as endless hard struggle against a constant onslaught of entropy. Technology relieves that burden of service from us. In the future, there is no need to take out the trash for the trash can simply dematerialize itself. And there will be no need to clean the bathroom because it can clean itself. There will be no sick, homeless or starving people since exponential improvements in technology and increase of consciousness (spirituality) will solve those kinds of problems already within a few decades from today. So, increase of love in the long run is not about more service to others, but about everybody having to do LESS service until no service at all is needed. No need to "earn a living". Advanced ETs for example have artificial intelligence that does all the service they need.

Lowering entropy also means less friction, which means less ego tensions. So according to Campbell's definition of love, evolution will lead to less ego tensions. And a lowering of entropy also means aging reversal of the human body. That's not something I have heard Campbell talk about yet. His idea seems a bit too much about self-sacrifice to me, like how our bodies need to continue to deteriorate and die so that the collective, "the Borg" hive, can survive. That to me is not love and is still conflict. Lowering of entropy needs to include aging reversal and later the ability to shapeshift our physical bodies or else it's an increase of entropy.
Anders

Post by Anders »

[Atheistic interpretation: The woo woo, religious, spiritual and supernatural terms in this post are metaphors.]

What seems to be empty space is actually filled with so-called vacuum energy. Atoms are vacuum energy shaped into fixed forms that follow simple physical laws. And the physical human body is made of atoms. The ego is the identification with having a body made of atoms.

Since atoms are energy trapped in fixed forms they are a form of deadly orgone. And out of deadly orgone comes evil binary black goo, archons, demons and the grim reaper. Sexual energy is positive orgone so the ego becomes confused about sexuality since the ego thinks sexuality is only related to the physical body when in fact positive orgone is different from merely physical atoms.

The Holy Spirit is intelligent control of the vacuum energy. So the Holy Spirit can take the form of atoms, while atoms cannot take the form of the Holy Spirit. As a crude analogy, my computer can produce the text in this sentence, while the text in this sentence cannot produce a computer.

Consciousness is a state of being aware as a self. It's an on/off state, like 1 bit of information that can only be either zero or one. In dreamless sleep my consciousness is off and in the waking state my consciousness is on. Consciousness is on when there is enough information integrated into a coherent wholeness. That whole system of information can be called mind. And the conscious mind is the information consciousness is aware of. There can be different levels of mind. When dreaming there is a lower level of mind compared to the more consistent and substantial experience in the waking state in the real world.

Out-of-body experiences (OBEs) are the result of the vacuum energy in space being structured so that it can hold a person's consciousness outside of the physical body. So OBEs actually require neutral orgone. Deadly orgone can only produce the physical body of atoms. So it's the Holy Spirit that makes OBEs possible. Demons and archons can only manipulate deadly orgone.

The fall of humankind is the deliberate trap of the ego being identified with the physical body made of atoms. Jesus Christ was filled with the Holy Spirit, which means that his physical body was made of intelligent atoms. Another way of describing it is that Jesus was connected to trinary black goo which unifies mind (blue chakra), sexuality (red chakra) and heart (green chakra), while us humans in our fallen (pagan) state are connected to binary black goo which is only related to the mind and sexuality.

Ego tensions are a result of still identifying the self with our fallen state. And dissolving the tensions on the deeper levels can be done with the help of the Holy Spirit.

"All this I have spoken while still with you. But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." -- John 14:25-27

"Do no let your HEARTS be troubled", meaning connect to trinary black goo with the help of the Holy Spirit.
Anders

Post by Anders »

Ego tensions consist a lot of calendar time. We try to cram in the future into a rigid timeline. That's impossible! And therefore, in trying to uphold the impossible, we become burdened with that struggle which we never can win.

Calendar time itself is certain and predictable, such as next month is August. What is unpredictable is what we will do in the future. All plans are uncertain. The reason for it being unpredictable is because of what Stephen Wolfram has called computational irreducibility.

Computational irreducibility is actually pretty easy to understand. It means that many situations are unpredictable and that the only way to know what will happen is to actually perform the actions. Even very simple things are often unpredictable even when the process is deterministic. Take the number Pi for example: 3.14159265... The number Pi is deterministic and fixed, yet for sufficiently large decimal places the values are unpredictable. The only way to know those decimals is to calculate them. Those decimals are unknown until we actually calculate them.

In the same way nature is determined by a lot of computation, and even if all of that computation is deterministic it's impossible, even for the entire universe itself, to fully predict the future. And we use calendar time to bring order and predictability into the future. That's of course useful. The problem is when we believe that we ourselves must struggle to make the future the way we have planned it. That's a battle we will always lose.

So, yes, use plans, calendar time and other means to predict, prepare for and create the future, but make it an OPTION, not a certainty, for the future is always uncertain. This removes TONS of ego tensions.
Anders

Post by Anders »

Ray Kurzweil has explained how the human mind works. It's really simple. Thoughts are hierarchies of meaning. A thought can seem like containing little information, yet it's like the tip of an iceberg the conscious mind is aware of. Below the surface there's a lot of subconscious information contributing to the thought.

An example Kurzweil has used is that what happens in the brain on lower levels is the visual recognition of lines and edges. Then on a higher level the pattern of the letter A is recognized. And on an even higher level the word "Apple" is recognized. On very high levels the mind operates with things like love, humor and compassion, which Kurzweil says belong to the highest level of human intelligence. As a comparison, being good at playing Jeopardy is actually a much lower level of intelligence than things like irony and empathy. IBM's supercomputer Watson beat the best human players in Jeopardy. That shows that Kurzeil is probably correct.

And since a thought contains a whole mountain of subconscious stuff, many thoughts are very heavy and burdensome. And actually, even very clear thoughts about the future produce huge amounts of confusion. The future cannot be fully predicted or controlled as described in my previous post, so the certainty of a thought about the future is an illusion. The thought seems clear to the conscious mind because the uncertainty and confusion become hidden. And in addition to being uncertain, plans about the future often breed conflict when the plans clash with other people's plans.

Doing the opposite of planning as the Joker in The Dark Knight is not recommended:

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? You know what I am? I’m a dog chasing cars. I wouldn’t know what to do with one if I caught it! You know, I just, do things. The mob has plans, the cops have plans, Gordon’s got plans. You know, they’re schemers. Schemers trying to control their little worlds. I’m not a schemer. I try to show the schemers how, pathetic, their attempts to control things really are."

On the other hand, clinging too much to plans is bad too because of the inherent uncertainty of the future. One solution is to have plans, to think about the future, while at the same time be flexible. Like both points of view in this quote from Star Wars Episode I:

"Qui-Gon: Don't center on your anxieties, Obi-Wan. Keep your concentration here and now, where it belongs.

Obi-Wan: But Master Yoda said I should be mindful of the future.

Qui-Gon: But not at the expense of the moment. Be mindful of the living Force, young Padawan."
Anders

Post by Anders »

The strategy "fake it till you make it" can be useful. When we have ego tensions we have the belief "the universe is against me". A belief free from ego tensions is: "the universe supports me". We can tell ourselves that the universe supports us. That will be a lie in the beginning for most people because the ego tensions cause suffering which means that at least something is against us. We are in a situation of constant struggle against life.

What we don't know in that situation is if we change our belief whether the universe will support us or not. When our belief changes even on a subconscious level to that of being supported by life, then that may actually make the universe support us. So the fake it till you make it strategy is a trick to allow the subconscious belief to change.

In practice this strategy can be done by observing one's thoughts and emotions and consciously reject bad thoughts and feelings by telling oneself: The universe supports me now.
Anders

Post by Anders »

Concerns about money cause a lot of ego tensions.

"No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money." -- Matthew 6:24 (NIV)

That translation is wrong! :evil: Does God need slaves? The original Greek word δουλεύειν can be translated as serve and comes from doulos which means slave. But check this out:

"Ironically, 1401 /doúlos ("bond-slave") is used with the highest dignity in the NT – namely, of believers who willingly live under Christ's authority as His devoted followers." -- http://biblehub.com/greek/1401.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So even Christian experts use the word to mean devoted to, no slave to in the NT context. And:

"Definition: I am a slave, am subject to, obey, am devoted." -- http://biblehub.com/greek/1398.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is the correct translation: :D

"No one can be devoted to two masters. Either you will hate one and love the other, or you will cling to one and reject the other. You cannot be devoted to both God and money." -- Matthew 6:24 (my translation)

And being devoted to God means to be aligned with Source, which in turn means that you are supported by the universe. If you are devoted to money you will have to struggle like hell all the time (at least on a subconscious level).

Return to “Healing”