Dark side of the moon

"Evil is a source of moral intelligence in the sense that we need to learn from our shadow, from our dark side, in order to be good."
-John Bradshaw
Moonlight

Dark side of the moon

Post by Moonlight »

This world is full of idiots! As much as I hate to say it, I am one too. I still get triggered at the stupidest remarks that have nothing to do with me. I get angry and rage, then have a hard time finding my center again.

If I see you hurting another living being, I will hurt you. Then, someone who loves you will hurt me, and someone who loves me will hurt them, and on and on we go on this spiraling wheel. Is it not the reason for most wars? The need to protect?

Some can torture a child and kill him, and get away with a slap on the hand. Some can bomb a whole city from afar, killing everyone from babies to grandmothers, and think they have done it for the good of humanity. I do not need to name the atrocities that us 'humans' can do to each other. It just makes me sick.

My life is peaceful. I created it that way even though I do not come from a trauma free environment. I also have a very thick shell and don't let many people get near me. Maybe it is the price to pay to have my peaceful life. I go out in this world, in very dark places, and I can't wait to get home and shut the door.

As much as I fill myself with Love and healing, there is still a big part of me that is as ugly as can be.

I do not think that I could give the Love that this man was given.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/afvN6se3Yug[/youtube]
Om Mani Padme Hum
Sandy Clark

Re: Dark side of the moon

Post by Sandy Clark »

Wow!! Powerful Moonlight!!

I have a friend who used to talk about peoples Love Language............this video depicts just that from the abusive to the unconditional.
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight »

Yes Sandy, it is quite powerful and makes me confront my own limitations towards forgiveness of wrong doings.

A little anecdote that some would find unimportant... there is a neighbor a couple of houses down who kills squirrels and birds... I saw him and called the city on him, but who cares about squirrels and birds. He got a warning. I know he still does it but now he watches to see if I'm watching... at least now he is afraid of being caught in the act because he knows I would have him charged (new law against cruelty to animals). He is protecting his vines, which are beautiful. I can say that I don't love him a lot of times ... the squirrels and birds are my friends... and I have to muster all my strength not to have doomsday thoughts when I see him. You see, I know that my thoughts create my reality. Thoughts are magikal.... what do I want to create? Maybe I should be thankful for the lessons.

I have no intention of making this thread about Human - The Film, but if you have not seen it and want to dive into the beauty and the horrors of humanity, the three parts are available on the tube. I have watched all three parts more than a year ago and all I can say is that it was quite a journey into human suffering. Whether we like it or not, it is a one portrait of who we are collectively. We can point the finger to the others, but it is in all of us to give or take.

Violence generates violence...

[youtube]https://youtu.be/3CgmSXMpFpk[/youtube]

And then there is this guy .... breaking the spell

[youtube]https://youtu.be/tqGbwWfSqxs[/youtube]
Om Mani Padme Hum
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

WOW! is all I can say in tandem with Sandy, I am watching all three volumes now, Thank you Moonlight.

Steven
Sandy Clark

Post by Sandy Clark »

Thks Moonlight, I like Steven will be watching this series too.
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

Moving backwards through time I found these posts... Wow is the only word that comes to me. Thank you dear moonlight.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uog4eCZTUX4[/youtube]
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.

Return to “The Dark Side - Exploring Our Shadows”