Story of fiction and fantasy and science fiction

''Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.''
-Bruce Lee
LostNFound

Re: Story of fiction and fantasy and science fiction

Post by LostNFound »

The parking garage under the palace was almost bare bones now. The people that worked in the palace did not park here anymore. They found the big parking lots around the exterior of the palace were much better to park. Vinnie found that suited him better anyway. There was a secret tunnel way directly to the second basement parking structure under DIA from the palace. He checked to see if Agents Munsford, Lane and Peters had loaded his two trunks and his whisky in the van and threw his special bags in the rear seats and jumped in. He pulled the van away from the secure parking place and drove it to where the wall door was located for the underground tunnel that would take him to DIA and opened it with his special key fob. The wall shifted sideways and he drove through. He stopped and closed the wall and took off for the airport. This tunnel had been put in when the Airport was being renovated with the underground city and it came in handy for Vinnie when he wanted to get away from the rat race which seemed to be all the time now. Xishum Stra’ found all of this very strange but the human he had inhabited knew all these things and acted on them. The road took a steady decline for a few miles then leveled out so it ran smooth from that point until it reached the second level basement and dumped him into the parking garage which was not very big. He had a special key code to open the garage door and another to open the man door to allow him to walk the empty corridor to the door that would let him into the special control room where the elevator was located to take him to the underground base/city. He was looking forward to examining the labs and factories where his Android Army was being created. He had a special suite in the huge building that represented the City and he was going to get the SS men to move his trunks and whisky to it today. He gave those two idiot Generals 48 hours to find Thomar and Boudreaux and that obsessed idiot Sanchez before he would move permanently to the base and nuke Houston.

Xishum Stra’ had taken awhile to understand the words “nuclear” and when he did he knew this earthling was going to destroy this world. His kind had did this very thing a few Hundred time spans earlier to their planet and it was still rejuvenating itself. They had nearly blown the planet to pieces before that war was stopped. He was not going to let this earthling destroy this planet and decided to wait for the right moment to destroy him. Vinnie pulled the van into the garage and walked to the intercom. He called Dan Lerner to get some help to move his trunks and Whisky. The intercom was dead. He swore out loud after a few tries. Damnit these things should be checked regularly he thought. He used his special key pad on the fob and opened the door into the corridor. As he walked the corridor to the control room he couldn’t help notice it did not seem to be in the place it usually was. The walls seemed to be solid and he continued to walk. He finally came to the elevator that would take him to the 1st basement level and up to the main causeway of the airport. He stopped and turned around. Where in the hell is the control room he thought. He turned around and began to walk back toward the parking garage. There were only two doors down here he knew of and he hadn’t seen either one other than the door into the parking garage.

Vinnie walked the corridor back to the door into the garage and the walls were solid with no doors. He Turned and went back to the elevator and pushed the button for the door to open. It took a minute and then the door opened. He stepped in and as the door closed he pushed the button for the main floor. Less than 4 seconds later the door opened. The alcove looked empty so he stepped out and walked toward the main concourse. Vince Bolish had been watching the alcove and the elevator door plus he had watched the stairwell that went down to the first basement. The strange disappearance of Dan Lerner and the obvious absence of communication from the control room on the second basement had given him the creeps. The three little girls that had entered the elevator without the door opening had spooked him badly and everything that happened after that made him began to prepare to abandon this place and seek a place far away from here. So when he saw the Emperor come out of the elevator, he almost lost it. He was sitting in the big chair that was in the lounge area just out side the alcove sipping on his extra large Coca Cola when The Emperor stepped out of the Elevator. He almost choked on the drink but managed to stand up and hurry to the alcove. “Your Excellency, how may I help you?” was all he could say.

Vinnie was reaching a boiling point with all this mystery. No control room and or any communication with Dan Lerner, or the Colonel in the tunnel. Hell he couldn’t even get Captain Hodges on the crypto radio. When he stepped from the elevator the man that came up to him made him grab for his pistol until the man called him Excellency. Finally one of his SS men he was sure. He looked at the man and asked “what’s your name and who do you work with?” Vince gulped and blurted out, “Vince Bolish, your Excellency, I work with Special Agent Dan Lerner.” “Ah, so there are still some of you operating this despicable place. What the hell is going on here, I came in to go below and there is no control room or Dan Lerner for that matter?” Vince spoke right up. “Well you’re Excellency; I do not know what happened to the control room or any of the team. I have tried to contact them and the control room being completely gone is too weird for me. I looked everywhere thinking I might have entered the wrong corridor or something but concluded there is only one corridor down there. I did notify Dan about some intruders earlier that day when everything disappeared.” Vinnie studied the man and thought he wasn’t trying to pull one over on him. “Intruders, what did they look like, were they military, were they armed, There are any number of patriots that try to infiltrate us all the time. We usually catch them and execute them on the spot.”

Vince knew the protocol but these intruders were different and he was not a child killer. “Well your Excellency, they were not military or even adult civilians. They did not have any weapons that I could see and they did something very strange. First off they were children and female at that, all three of them. They came from the main concourse and went into the alcove and stood in front of the elevator. I thought they were lost from their parents at first.” Vinnie listened and then asked “What made you think they were intruders Special Agent Bolish? Did they actually open the elevator? You know that it takes a key code to open from up here so how did they open it if that is what made you alarmed?” Vince gulped some air and pushed on. “Here again your Excellency, one of them stuck her head through the solid door as if it didn’t exist and then all three of them stepped through that door like it wasn’t there. That is when I called Agent Lerner and told him that there were intruders coming down.” Vinnie did a complete turn a round and wound up looking at the agent. “So you are telling me that these three little female earthling children just stepped through the elevator door and disappeared? What happened next, Agent Bolish, did Agent Lerner catch them, and did he tell you what he did. Did he dispose of them?” Vince just looked down at the dirty rust colored carpet. “I don’t know your Excellency. Agent Lerner never contacted me after I told him about the intruders. I waited for his call and it never came. I called the control room but there was no answer. I cannot call the base below so I finally started to take the elevator to the second basement. I had to wait for it to come up and when it did, Harris Udahl and Rashish Kamar stumbled out and ran out of here saying something about ghosts. I tried to get them to stop but they were acting like mad men as they told me that I should get out. I also tried to get them to tell me about Dan Lerner but they just ran out. I don’t know where they went. When I got down to the second basement I could not find any doors to any control room and I couldn’t get into the parking garage so I came back up and have been setting here waiting since.”

Vinnie turned and walked back to the elevator. He told the man to continue to keep watch on the elevator and to check out the concourse also. He told the man that the earthlings were very restless and seemed to be rebelling so he had to keep alert and call him at the palace if anything came up. He stepped into the elevator and punched the button for the 2nd basement. His thoughts fell into the weird happenings at the palace and all he could think was it had spread to this place. He thought about the giant alligator and the mutated Crocodile. The lava lake and the broken down military vehicles and how all this just showed up on the palace grounds and in his office. The people that were materialized in his office all of this was as if some magical happenings were being performed against him. He thought there might be another species already inhabiting these earthlings. He exited the elevator and began walking through the corridor. The walls were smooth with no doors and he walked to the only door which was the door into the parking garage. He used the eye beam and tapped the key pad and the door opened into the parking garage. His van sat within 30 feet from the door. He actually felt naked as he walked to the van. There was no way for him to get to the city/base below and there was no contact with anyone on that base. He couldn’t even get in contact with the Air Force colonel to give him orders to fire one of the active ballistic missiles. He drove back to the basement parking garage under the Palace and took his private elevator up to his suite and dropped his special bags back in the place they had been for the past year.

Vince Bolish had witnessed a glitch in the Emperor when he first came out of the elevator. It looked like he was some kind of alien being or something for just a brief moment and then he heard the screeching sound like someone scratching there finger nails across an old fashioned chalk board when the Emperor talked to him. It gave him the creeps and he saw darkness around the Emperor that did not go away until he re-entered the elevator. All the weird things that were going on and then this business with the Emperor convinced him that this was not the place for him anymore. He grabbed his bag that was next to the bit chair he had been sitting on and walked into the main concourse and out one of the many front doors. The Airport felt like a ghost town these days anyway and he didn’t care anymore what might happen there. He found his scrammer in the parking lot and drove away from the airport. He would hit the I-25 and connect to the I-70 and drive across the mountains. He had a cabin in the northern part of Colorado and he was going to hide out there for now. No one knew about his cabin and he liked it that way.

When the private elevator door opened to his office, Vinnie froze. He pulled his pistol out and jacked a round into the chamber and knelt down before exiting the elevator. The only thing in the room was his big oversized desk and it had nothing on top of it. He looked around the room only to see the walls bare where there used to be pictures. His big Napoleon Bonaparte picture with the Emperor sitting on the white horse was gone. All the other furniture was missing. He finally stood up and moved into the room. He thought he might have entered the wrong floor at first because he used to be one floor below so he looked at the floor level indicator inside the elevator and it clearly showed that he was on the right floor. His next move was to take the elevator one floor down and when the doors opened the room was full of desks and furniture and all sorts of office machinery. There were no people and that gave him the creeps. He rode back up to his office and after leaving the elevator he walked to the big window that looked down on the exterior grounds of the Palace. He could see the military men manning the walls and looked as far to the left and then to the right as he could and saw his army standing on the walls and moving things around on the big grounds. It was clear that something had happened while he was gone. He hadn’t been gone that long but it looked like time had jumped ahead by months or something. As he looked around his mind was running in circles. His Office was empty and now that he thought about it when he first entered his suite he felt something wrong, like things were missing.

He sat on the edge of the desk and thought about the woman that almost killed him the year before. She had managed to kill at least three maybe four of his Senators before she seduced him and then tried to stab him to death. He suffered a stab wound to his side before he killed her. She was a beautiful woman for sure but had a vendetta against him and his senators. She was the one that took his clothes away and after tying him up she took pictures of him and somehow those were posted on the intranet. That was the first time and the second time was when he was ready for her. She came in the night and tried to seduce him again but it did not work and he struggled with her before he was able to kill her. She spat in his face as he stuck her own stiletto into her guts. She died without a whimper and just stared at him. It pissed him off that he couldn’t get satisfaction from her death. He had read some comments that said the Emperor had no clothes. His rage had caused him to shoot two people that worked in the Palace. He could hear the snickering now and it made him almost lose his mind some days. He left his empty office and went back to his suite. Xishum Stra’ new there were at least two more of his kind inhabiting the earthling’s bodies in this building but he kept his distance at the moment. The time would come when they would begin to destroy the species that inhabited this world.
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

2 AGENT MUNSFORDS SHANGRALA

The elevator door opened and Vinnie walked into his 6th floor suite. He had confiscated the entire floor and converted it to his estate. He had the entire floor exterior walls made bomb proof along with all the windows made so thick, missiles could not penetrate them. Most of the space was used as storage for the things he had stolen or confiscated over the years. He had one large area turned into a vault that held valuable art and other pieces that were priceless. He kept all his money in this big vault along with precious stones and coins and metals. He was not quite like the iconic Scrooge but he did go and look at the stuff every so often when he was deeper into his depression than normal. The actual living quarters or apartment structure was around 10 thousand square feet but he only used about 2000 square feet of it at the most. He had an actual shooting range and a very large Olympic size swimming pool in that 10,000 sq. ft. He had cordoned off many places with doors that only he could enter with eye recognition laser beams and keypads that had to be opened with his special code. He had special weapons situated around the entire perimeter of the 6th floor and special alert beacons and weapons placed to blow anything away from trying to land on the roof without him deactivating the trigger systems. He had placed many weapons around the living quarters and the other places just in case he was breeched. Some or most would say that Vinnie Crumholtz the Emperor was the most paranoid man on the face of the earth. He didn’t care. He had survived many attempts at his assassination including that very pretty woman that called herself Monica. He was sorry he had to kill her; she would have made a great queen for his kingdom. Xishum Stra’ could feel and hear all the things this earthling did and had possession of and it was a worthless thing he thought, no wonder the earthlings would be easy to conquer.

Vinnie’s feeling that something was missing made him begin to search around. He did not see anything in the living quarters or the shooting range or the swimming pool area. His depression was deep today because it seemed that all his options had been taken away from him maybe that was why he felt something was missing. He made his way to the big vault room and stuck his right eye to the lens and waited for it to activate. A mere 1 second later the laser beam shot into his eye and the buzzer rang for confirmation. He placed his entire hand into the hand print and that buzzer rang with confirmation. He then punched the certain sequence of numbers into the key pad and hit the enter key. The door locks unlatched and the door clicked open enough for him to grab the latch and pull it open. He had to go through another process with an inner door and when he finally opened it he froze. He looked around at the totally empty room. The vault had been designed to encompass three large rooms plus a small room that held an armory and magazine. There was also a pantry stocked with food incase he had to hold up in the vault. The complete 6000 sq ft of vault space was empty. The bare walls echoed his gulping sound. He bent over and threw up. He hadn’t eaten any thing since he left for the airport so the dry heaves gave the sound of a cat hacking up a hair ball. He moved to the pantry and found it empty. He went to the armory and opened the door. That room was bare also. He tried to scream but the dry heaves had taken his voice away. He turned and ran from the empty space. He went to the key locked door to the roof top and disabled the alarm system and unlocked the door and rushed up to the roof top. When he opened the door into the late afternoon light, he had to cover his eyes for a few moments to adjust and then he tried to throw up again.

He stumbled over to the side rails on the roof top and looked over the edge. He could see all the destroyed vehicles, he could see the lava lake and he saw his special army the Praetorian guard moving around the inner walls and he could see the regular army forces between the inner wall and the outer walls he had demanded to be built at the end of the past year. He knew that a large portion of his army had created a third barrier that encompassed a good rectangular area in the City. He had the feeling that the patriots may be gathering on the outskirts of the city. He could see that there seemed to be a large force inside the perimeter of the outer wall. He held the guard rail and walked around the perimeter of the roof and saw the same thing. He finally stumbled back to the roof door and disappeared into his ever thickening despair.

Vinnie took the private elevator from his suite to the office and switched to the private elevator to the parking garage and when it stopped at the garage level he exited and walked to his van. He opened the van and fetched his private case of whisky and carried it back to the elevator. The two large trunks he would have two secret service men come and fetch. Those trunks had clothes and other items he intended to use in his daily living while he stayed in the underground city/base. That seemed to be a lost cause at the moment. He could think of one thing he could do and that was to fly over to Kansas City and enter that Underground base and backtrack to the DIA base. He would have to pick his loyal SS men to go with him and they would have to confiscate a fast vehicle to travel the 400 miles or so along that Tram tunnel. He was thinking how he had shut it down because it was costing to much to keep it running and then the China war started and he began to clean out as many military bases above ground and below ground to fight that skirmish. Now he was being bit in the butt for his blunders. He reentered the elevator with his case of whisky and went up to the office. He would have to find out who took the furniture and other things from the Palace office and have them executed. His despair was now becoming an angry rage. The more he thought about all the things that he ran across this day, the angrier he became. This caused the flimsy disguise to waver with the anger so Xishum Stra’ had to calm himself. The bare vault upstairs made him sick to his stomach. He was going to keep it secret although he had kept it secret anyway. He would have to take the monies from his own minions and have them go and collect everything they could from the citizens. He knew this was going to bring the patriots out of the underground and the Civil war would get hot again. He was going to tell his army to prepare for the outright war that was coming. He entered his big empty office and set the case of whiskey on the floor under the desk. At least someone left the chair. He took his pistol out and dropped the mag. It was full and he had found two more full magazines in his quarters and another in the van. He took out a full bottle of Jack Daniels and pulled the cork. He didn’t have a glass so he tipped the bottle and chugalugged it to prepare for his next encounter.

When Vinnie opened the big double doors and stepped into the corridor it was empty. Normally there were desks in various places with guards and secretarial types of people. The desks were still in place but no people. He walked the corridor and opened the doors into empty rooms. He thought this all was strange and he was in some kind of bad dream. Finally he opened a door that was close to an elevator bank and looked at the SS men all sitting around a big table. Special Agent Geraldo Munsford looked up from his notes and stopped talking. All of them stared at the Emperor with silence. Geraldo had been telling his men and women that the Emperor had left for the underground city below DIA and was not expected back All the civilian workers that were employed by the Emperor had been sent away shortly after the Emperor had left. It didn’t take long for them to leave and he gathered all the SS people to tell them that they would be in full control of the Palace while the Emperor was away. He glanced at the chronometer on the wall and noted it to be 1530 hours. The emperor was supposed to be gone but here he was. In his mind he began to make up a story.

Agent Hedda Stutz/Xerkshaz Shee’ could see Xishum Stra’ in the earthling suit plainly as he walked through the door. She had chosen this earthling to inhabit while Xisherma Sqie’ had chosen one of the other male earthlings that moved around doing menial things with a strange long narrow rod that had another thing that looked like worms attached to the end. All three of them had been chosen to infiltrate this particular place while others were sent to different places on this world. She watched as the earthlings spoke.

Geraldo had waited for this moment in time. He was the top SS man in charge and he knew the codes and even had a special eye lens made to get past the eye readers in the secret places. There were only two agents that knew what Geraldo’s plans were when the Emperor finally made his move to go underground. He knew about the missiles and what the used car salesman meant to do with them and the sign of his moving to the base under DIA was the key to his move. He had set up very secret surveillance devices on the toad that only he and the other two knew about. That is how he gathered the key locks and eye readers and discovered what the Emperor had hidden on his personal floor of the palace. It was Dr. Yahny Lisster a very smart computer scientist and specialist at locking systems that made the eye lens for him. He had stolen the recordings of the emperor’s eyes and supplied them to the Dr. who in turn made the special lens for him. He killed the Dr. afterwards. His two men that stood by him had helped him empty the vault on the personal floor almost immediately after the Emperor had left early this morning. They took all the money and jewels and other precious things and moved them to a special vault in a big warehouse in the industrial district to the north of the Palace. He had told the hired help that moved everything from the big office to take it to the warehouse with the vault in it also. They left the big desk and the chair and cleaned the room in a matter of an hour. Geraldo figured the Emperor was leaving the upper world for now but time was of the essence.

Geraldo gulped and stood up. “Your Excellency, we were not expecting you back so soon.” Vinnie looked at the agent and moved his gaze to the others in the room and said “where is everybody?” Geraldo started to speak but agent Lindsey Tomachi spoke up and said “we sent them home. It is part of the plan when you are relocating to the base below the Airport, is it not?” Vinnie looked at the woman then back to Geraldo. He had not stated that he was relocating to the base, he merely asked the agents to load his two trunks in his van. He actually was only beginning to move some of his belongings and needful things today. His case of whiskey may have given them the wrong impression. The two generals that had come to his office had been given 2 full days to give him the correct information about what was happening on the Texas borders so he was just moving a few things ahead of time. He could feel a tension in the air that was so thick he could cut it with a knife and that alone put him on major alert about these people. Sure he felt them on edge before but this was much spookier. He knew that if he drew his pistol at this moment he might be shot by one of these people. There were two people that seemed to be surprised by what was happening but the rest acted like they had been caught with their pants down. He looked at the two who were set off from the main group for some reason and motioned them to come with him. He also motioned for Geraldo to follow him while he casually told the rest of them to begin preparations to join the Army on the walls. Everyone looked at each other with a surreal look as The Emperor walked out of the room with the two non-descript agents and Geraldo their boss.

Vinnie walked into his now empty office and straight over to his desk. The only thing on it was the bottle of Jack Daniels that he had already taken a big swig from. He popped the cork and took another big swig and sat the bottle down. The three agents looked at him as if awaiting some orders or were they waiting for a hammer to drop thought Vinnie. “I am afraid there is no place for you to sit but you could go into the corridor and fetch some chairs because there are no people to occupy them” and with that he looked straight at Geraldo. He asked the names of the two agents that he had never seen before. The man answered first and said “agent Killard your Excellency.” “Thank you agent Killard,” he turned to the woman who seemed to be a little taller than the man and had short brown hair. She was slim and healthy looking and he looked up into her eyes. The women answered him and said Agent Janice Halford your Excellency.” Vinnie told both of them that he was pleased to meet them and asked them to fetch some furniture from the corridor and bring it into his office. “Agent Munsford and I have some business to take care of above so take your time. Will you both go down to the parking garage and retrieve the two trunks in the back of the van. Use the private elevator and bring them up here. We’ll talk about that when I get back.” The two agents went out into the Corridor as Vinnie directed Geraldo over to his private elevator. He punched in the code numbers for the key pad and hit the enter button. The door opened and the two men walked in and the door closed.
Last edited by LostNFound on Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

Agent Dan Killard moved to the big couch that sat against the wall directly across from the Emperor’s office and directed Agent Halford to take the other end. “What do you suppose the Emperor meant when he said we would talk when he got back? He didn’t include Agent Munsford.” Janice wasn’t sure what that meant and to tell the truth she didn’t even catch that phrase when it was spoken the first time. Now that Dan had brought it up she thought about it but shrugged it off. “Listen Dan, you and I are the newest agents here and we both know just what kind of bastards we are working with so maybe we should keep our mouths shut for now and do as the Emperor has asked us to do. Besides whatever the Emperor decides to do with Munsford is his business.” “Dan Killard thought about that for a moment and said “yeah I guess your right, I didn’t sign on to be a damn mule though.” Janice had to smile at that statement and think she didn’t either but for now they had to do what was best. When Munsford and the other two senior SS men ordered the Emperor’s office cleaned out this morning it seemed very odd to her but she wasn’t going to say anything and then Munsford saw fit to explain the procedure. “When the Emperor decides to enter the underground base below the airport, the Palace office and any civilian people that work in the palace are to be let go immediately and the office is to be cleaned out. This procedure is to be carried out with the utmost haste. The furniture and wall dressings plus any items that are left in the other rooms off the office shall be stored in an undisclosed place until the Emperor returns.” The only thing strange to her was the procedure also included; the Emperor to notify all of them that were stationed on the Palace grounds, which he didn’t do. She had read the policies and procedures the first day she came on board, so she knew something was going on that was not up to Parr. The crew of cleaners showed up to quick and Munsford and his two cronies, as she had already dubbed them, went missing for a few hours.

Vinnie stepped into his living quarters and walked to the bar first and poured himself a tall glass of straight bourbon. He asked Munsford if he wanted a drink and Geraldo turned it down. Vinnie found that almost funny. The only other thing that was missing was a number of bottles of different whiskies and vodka. Vinnie walked to his favorite chair and sat down. He didn’t offer Geraldo a place to sit at first and this made Geraldo nervous and a bit suspicious. He had never been brought up here by the Emperor by himself except a few times when the toad brought him and a couple of the Senators up to discuss some operations that would take place. Vinnie finally offered a chair to him but not before staring at him for the longest moment he thought. He finally sat down and waited for the emperor to speak further. He was on the edge because of his and the other two men’s actions this morning and he was feeling that the Emperor knew that he and his two top dogs had cleaned out the office but he wasn’t sure, in fact he was pretty sure that the Emperor did not know it was he that took all the money and other valuables in the vault. Unless this man could read minds he would never be discovered.

“Well Geraldo would you like to tell me why and where you have taken all my furniture and other things I had in my office?” This threw Geraldo off balance but not so much because he was expecting this much anyway. It was the next question that caught him by surprise and unbalanced him almost to pulling his weapon and shooting this toad. Vinnie had looked at him for a short amount of time and didn’t give him a chance to explain the procedure before asking the next question. “Okay, I understand why you took all the furniture and the other things but I can’t abide by you taking my whisky and other sorts of alcohol from this floor. You want to tell me why you did that and where did you take it all too?” Geraldo almost choked and it was fortunate he did not have that drink. “What do you mean Excellency? I fail to understand your accusation or insinuation. We only followed your orders this morning because it appeared you were moving to the underground base, we have no way of getting onto this floor.” Vinnie smiled inside, he loved to play cat and mouse with these types of people. “Tell me agent Munsford, what gave you the clear understanding that I was vacating the palace for the base?” Munsford gulped but managed to keep his calm or so he thought. “It was your order to retrieve your trunks and that case of whisky in your office when you went to your private floor and then you left early this morning. We assumed you were moving to the base. That is why we instituted the plan you told us to do.” Vinnie smiled at Munsford. “I ask you again agent Munsford, what gave the clear understanding I was doing what you said I was doing this morning? Just because I ordered the trunks and the whisky to be placed in my van does not mean that I was leaving the palace for good. And I thought I had explained in that plan that I would notify the entire SS of the Palace when I was moving to the base.” Munsford almost reached for his pistol but thought better of it. He knew that the Emperor had just trapped him or threw a line in the water to see if he would take the entire bate. So he threw his own twisted thought back to the Emperor.

“Yes your Excellency, you did say that in your description of the plan. You made me the head of the Palace SS with certain latitudes given with that responsibility. So I assumed you were leaving for the base as you clearly stated that was where you were heading. I used one of those latitudes to make sure I told the entire department your full intentions. I did this shortly after you left and immediately notified the moving crew to follow the order of the plan. So you see your Excellency, we are very efficient to follow your orders.” Vinnie was almost impressed with the agents answer and story to try and prove him self. “Very good Agent Munsford. So does the plan include removing items from this floor also?” Geraldo looked surprised and said “what do you mean, your Excellency, is there items missing from your personal residence?” “Well I just asked you what you might have done with the bottles of alcohol that seem to be missing from this bar.” “I am not aware of anything missing from this floor your Excellency. I do not have access to this floor nor do any of my people. Is there others that we do not know about that may have access to your personal living quarters?” Vinnie had grown tired of this dodging. He had watched the secret video that only he knew about and could not be turned off as the others were. He had watched Agents Munsford, Lane and Peters enter his floor and take the few bottles of whisky and disappear into the corridor that led to the vault. Somehow the video of that place had gone blank so he figured the three had somehow figured out how to disable them even the one that was separate from the others. He knew without a doubt now that Munsford and his cronies were responsible for taking all the money and other things from the Vault. They knew exactly where to strike and made sure they didn’t disturb other areas except the bar in the main living unit. If not for that Vinnie might not have known anything until he went to see his vault which could have been a few more weeks or the two days he had given the two Generals to give him real INTEL about Texas.

He stood up and walked to the bar. His next move was going to be a final dealing with Agent Munsford but he needed to know where his money had been taken before he killed the man. He picked up a full bottle of single malt scotch and looked at the Agent. “Come with me agent Munsford I want to show you something.” Geraldo wasn’t sure what was on the Emperor’s mind but he was going to play this out calmly as if he didn’t know anything. He stood and walked over to the bar. Vinnie pointed toward a door and said “after you my good man.” Munsford looked at the door and knew where it led but to be unknowing he turned around and asked “where do you want me to go your Excellency?” Vinnie was a bit agitated but could see the ploy from the man. “Oh, I am sorry, see that door? You lead and I’ll follow.

Geraldo Munsford stepped through the doorway after the Emperor had coded the key pad and unlocked the door. The corridor was long and he knew where it led eventually. There were two other corridors that branched off the main one and one of those branches led to the vault room. He was very leery and would not make a move unless the Emperor told him where to go. Something felt wrong with the whole scene but he was playing the innocent man that seemingly had never been here before. He stopped and waited for the Emperor to walk through and wait for the door to automatically close. “Go ahead agent Munsford, when you come to the first corridor that branches to the right take that one, please.” Geraldo understood that the emperor was making him walk into the corridor where the vault existed but he continued to walk without looking or making a sound. He had jacked a round into the chamber of his pistol before coming to the private floor and it was ready to pull from its holster. He was fast at getting it out and had practiced forever it seemed to be a quick draw knowing that one day it would save his life. His thoughts were forming to that conclusion as he turned the corner into the corridor that led directly to the vault. Today was going to be that day that all his practice would pay off. He would kill this little toad and take over as the new emperor. He would kill the two men that knew where all the contents of the vault were stashed after he had it all returned to this very secure vault and destroy any video’s he had of the lock systems. He would then have new systems made and kill the people that created and installed them. All of his devious thoughts were making his blood pressure rise as he walked toward the vault door at the end of this corridor.

Vinnie/ Xishum Stra’ walked a few feet behind the agent and knew the earthling was thinking about attacking him at any moment. He could feel the absolute tenseness as the man walked closer to the vault doors. The man played his role of innocence quite well he thought. He pulled his own pistol and carried it by his side as they approached the room he wanted to show agent Munsford. He was sure that Munsford thought he was going to show him the vault but Munsford had already seen that because he knew the man and his two cronies had cleaned it out. The door to the special room was only about 10 feet before the end of the corridor and the vault door. Vinnie watched the agent walk past it and continue. He let the man walk by as he stopped and punched in the code on the key pad and stuck his eye to the reader to open the door. Agent Munsford walked up to the vault door and stopped. He waited for the Emperor to approach and when he didn’t he slowly turned around. The Emperor was standing at a door about 10 feet away and was pointing a gun at him. Geraldo put on his best surprised looked and asked the Emperor what he was doing. “Well Agent Munsford, I think you may have a good idea what I am doing and you will kindly remove your weapon and put it on the floor.”

Geraldo reached for his pistol and with lightening speed pulled it from the holster and began to point it at the Emperor. In his mind he was shooting the gun at the emperor already but a bullet hit him in the shoulder that was holding the gun. He violently flew backward into the door and his pistol fell from his hand. He bounced off the door and fell forward. His pistol had fallen on the floor and bounced away from him. He hit the floor and rolled to his side. His mind was twisted with the pain burning from his shoulder as he looked around for his pistol. The next bullet entered his side and he jerked sideways. He almost blacked out but managed to move to his knees in utter pain. He bent over and spit blood from his mouth and saw the emperor’s feet standing a few feet from him. His pistol was lying on the floor between him and the emperor. He wanted to dive for it but he could not move very fast and knew he would be dead before he reached the gun. He watched the Emperor pick up his pistol and put it in his coat pocket. “Now agent Munsford shall we play a game? We are going to move to the room I have and you will get to have a bit of relief. You should be able to stand up and or crawl which ever you prefer and there is a good bottle of whisky in there for you. Shall we?” Munsford looked up at the mad man and fell over in his motion to move toward the wall of the corridor. He managed to stand once he was against the wall and work his way to the door the Emperor was waiting by. He fell through the door and the Emperor gave him a push causing him to fall into a chair. The chair was solid and appeared to be bolted to the floor. He twisted around and managed to set himself into it. The blackness closed in on him at that point.

He opened his eyes and the light blinded him for a few moments. He tried to cover his eyes with his hands but his arms would not move. He shut his eyes and when he opened them he could focus. He realized his arms were tied to the arms of the chair and his feet where bound together and tied to the chair also. His side burned like hell and so did his shoulder. The bright light almost blinded him and then was dimmed. “Well, welcome back agent Munsford. Would you like a drink?” As his vision cleared he realized he was in a small room. The light was like a heat lamp and he was sweating. The salty sweat burned into the wounds and he winced from the pain. He looked up at the Emperor and tried to spit at him but his mouth was dry. He tried to speak but he couldn’t talk so the man grabbed his hair and pulled his head back and poured the whisky into his mouth. He gagged and choked out the fluid but some of it went down his throat. The man let go of his hair and he went forward as he coughed out the fluid. The man waited for him to stop gagging then pulled his head back again and poured more whisky into his mouth. He tried to close his mouth but the man grabbed his throat and squeezed and this made him open his mouth which made the man pour more of the whisky down his throat. He gagged again and the man let go of him. His mind began to fog but he retained his focus. “Feel better? This is the same type of whisky that you and your partners stole from my bar in the apartment.” He opened his eyes and looked into the light. “Your Excellency, I do not know what you are talking about and why are you doing this to me?” “Agent Munsford, I am surprised you are still trying to deny that you and those other two stole from me. I have video that clearly shows you and those two taking my whisky from the private bar in my living quarters. Now you want to continue to deny what you did?”

Two hours later, Agent Munsford began to talk incessantly. The pain and torture Vinnie had inflicted on him was gruesome. The sound proof room was built especially for this kind of thing. No one would ever know what happened to agent Munsford. When he started talking and Vinnie was impressed that he had lasted so long, he spewed his entire plan to take over the Emperorship and how he was going to do it. He told where they had hidden the contents of the vault and all the office furniture plus everything else. His mind had finally broken and he laughed like a mad man and a psychopath that enjoyed his sick ways of killing those around him. Vinnie finally shot him in the back of the head and drug his body to the trash chute that dropped into the big furnace below and pushed it in. He sealed the door to the room and cleaned himself in his living quarters before going down to the office.
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

3 THE PLANS OF RATS AND MEN

The elevator door opened and Vinnie Crumholtz/ Xishum Stra’ smiled. The office had furniture in it again, even though it was not the original. The two new agents had dragged two desks in from the corridor and had placed computers on them and were sitting close to the main doors. Vinnie immediately liked this idea. It used to be this way until all those strange things began happening to him and then the agents set up their desks in the corridor closer to the elevator bank. Agent Dan Killard and agent Janice Halford stood up when he entered the room. He decided he liked these two and would make them the heads of the SS team. He had to take care of Agents Lane and Peters next as they were part of the Munsford team that stole from him and were plotting to take over. He knew there were 12 agents in the room by the elevator including those two so he sat down at his desk and smiled again when he saw the glasses sitting next to his bottle. He turned and looked at the small bar and picked up his case of whiskey and carried it over to the shelving units. He took the bottles out and placed them on a shelf and saw that the ice bucket was full. He turned and called the two agents over. Dan and Janice both came over and stood at an attention position until he told them to relax. “Thank you both for being so diligent and considerate. I like your move to place the desks inside the office, there are many times I longed for conversation but since those other cowards moved out, I have become lonely. Would you two like a drink?” Both of them declined and then Vinnie asked them to sit with him. “I have some business I need you to attend to. It might be dangerous and you will have to take out a couple of traitors. I intend to make you two the heads of the SS today.” Janice and Dan both looked surprised and thanked him. Janice was inquisitive however and asked him about Geraldo Munsford. Vinnie did not bat an eye as he said “agent Munsford will not be rejoining the SS. I fired him today and sent him to a very hot place where he will serve me well. Now shall we talk about your mission?” Janice and Dan both heard the screeching in the voice and could see the dark aura around this man. They both sat down to hear what the Emperor had in mind.

The four agents of the palace SS had parked on the back street that ran into the giant warehouse district. Dan Killard was sitting in the driver’s seat of the semi tractor/trailer. Agent Paul Lane sat on the passenger side while Agents Janice Halford and George Peters sat in the side seats behind the driver and passenger seats. They had left the palace by and underground tunnel that led to an obscure parking garage located on the northeastern side of the city. Apparently there were several underground tunnels that led to different locations. They drove the oversized armored truck that the banks always used to transfer their cash reserves and other funds they stole from the people, to the Empty parking structure and transferred to the semi-tractor trailer. From there they drove north toward the huge industrial district. The Emperor’s forces had been evacuating the outer skirts of the city and pulling into a very concentrated rectangle surrounding the Palace grounds. The Tanks and howitzers along with the scout vehicles that were outfitted with the smaller 30mm guns and the Humvee’s that were outfitted with the heavy .50 cal mini guns were spread around the rectangle and created blockades. There was any number of scout vehicles on the move 24 hours around the blockades. The Emperor had managed to keep a short brigade consisting of 4 and half battalions of soldiers in the Capitol City of Denver with the armor and support vehicles. The Generals he tasked with the invasion of Texas had argued with him to give the brigade with the armor and artillery to them but the Emperor was firm in keeping his guards. The second wall perimeter was occupied by a full battalion of soldiers and Vinnie pulled a few more companies in from the bigger brigade. They would be the second line of defense. The inner circle consisted of the Palace guard that placed artillery and tanks in various places. These were the elite soldiers and consisted of two full companies of troops plus the heavy and light armor and to top it all he kept his only chopper squads within the palace perimeter. 18 heavily armed choppers but no cloaking devices. This had always been a hot spot on the Emperor, that his own military would hold back the cloaking devices for his choppers.

Agent Killard looked at the scene in front of him and through the rear view mirror. The entire area was empty of vehicles and people. When they left the empty parking structure, the streets were empty except for the military and police patrols, and it was as if the entire city had been swept clean and all the people either left or went into hiding. They came to a blockade at the intersection of the MLK Blvd and Quebec Street. Dan stopped the truck and noticed a full battle tank and 4 Humvee’s sitting on the inside of the barriers. He waited for a soldier to walk over to the side of the truck and speak. Sergeant Earl Kristopherson looked up at him and told him that beyond this point there would be no Soldiers to protect them from the Patriot army forces. “The patriots have been spotted in small groups roving around our perimeters so you will be on your own out there. We have been notified to keep an eye out for you from the Palace but we can not send an escort.” Dan was slightly surprised that this man might know about his and the others mission but yet he did not seem to know exactly what it was. Ha he thought, if only they knew the true mission. “Thank you sergeant, we hope to complete our mission swiftly and return before any of those patriots spot us.” The sergeant waved at his men and they moved the blockade so he could get the truck through. “Good luck sir and we will be waiting for you to return.” Dan nodded at him and moved the truck out slowly.

As he gazed around he asked agent Lane “how much further to the warehouse?” Lane was looking at the empty streets also and noticed a couple of people walking along the road before disappearing between two buildings. He had his AR25 as they all did and said “we gotta drive another few blocks and then turn onto Prairie Parkway, then drive northwest until we come to east Warehouse Street. When you get there I will direct you to the main warehouse. Damn, how did we get stuck with this job, why couldn’t the Emperor just call up the moving crew that took all the furniture in the first place?” Dan smiled to himself, “well agent Lane, the Emperor told agent Halford and I that he couldn’t trust the civilian movers to get everything and that you and agent Peters would know exactly what was taken and where it was taken to and he preferred that you two and us two fetch it all back. I suppose he has his reasons and besides it gets us out of having to do the menial tasks that all those civilians had to do before Agent Munsford and you sent them away yesterday.” Agent Peters had to ask “speaking of Agent Munsford, where the hell is he? He should be here doing this crap also. I know the Emperor better than both of you and he would and should have sent Munsford.” Janice had to speak on this matter. “The Emperor specifically told us this morning that you two were responsible along with agent Munsford and he had a special job for him to do so agent Killard and I got roped into doing this with you two so stop your grumbling, he could have sent just you two to do all this.” Agent Peters looked at her and grumbled something under his breath but essentially shut his mouth.

“I need you all to keep your eyes open for any of the patriots that might be roving around” Lane spoke as Dan pulled the tractor trailer onto the Warehouse Street. Shortly, agent Lane told him to turn down another drive in between a row of warehouses. It wasn’t long when Lane told him to maneuver the trailer up to a big garage door with a dock. Dan had been a truck driver before he joined the patriots and then the SS and backed the trailer up with precision. He had noticed two scrammers parked close to the building. Janice had also noticed them and was sure Lane and Peters did also. She and Dan had talked about this mission the night before in a place that was secure from ears and eyes of the others in the palace. They planned and plotted how to take out Lane and Peters. They would return the money and valuables back to the palace and then take out the Emperor. All the money and anything of value could then be delivered into the patriot’s hands. Both of them had joined the patriots’ long before they signed up to join the SS agency at the Palace. They trained extensively for this job and were taught all the skills of assassins. Janice had joined the patriots for the specific task to bring justice to the Emperor. Her brother Gary and her two nieces had been murdered by the emperor’s minions and her sister-in-law Monica Halford had tried to make amends and died by the Emperor’s hand. She took a vow to exact vengeance on the little weasel, the rat, the damn used car salesman that had murdered the government and most of Washington DC to gain his position as the Emperor. She had no regret to kill the two agents and even with the rats blessing.

Lane was the first to get out of the truck and unlock the big garage door. Dan had opened the trailer door as Peters exited the truck and moved inside the warehouse. Janice had waited for him to exit the truck and readied herself to shoot these two men. Vinnie the rat had told them both the day before where the vault was located in the warehouse. He did not care about the furniture and told them about the money that was stolen from the palace treasury. They both knew that the toad was lying about the money and it was definitely not a treasury cache. They were to kill agent Lane and Peters and leave their bodies in the empty vault and bring all the money, jewels and other valuables back to the palace where the Emperor would show them where to return it. Dan and she knew that the emperor would not let them live after they had returned his fortune back in the secret vault. The Rat was very easy to read and it made her sick to know how he had killed Monica and had ordered the death of Gary and the two little girls. Dan and she both walked into the warehouse to the double doors that Lane had opened up where all the furniture was stacked. They had to enter another room and Peters had started up a forklift that was parked just inside the big garage door.

Peters had talked with Lane and they both had decided to kill these two upstarts when they got them inside the inner room where the furniture was stacked and empty the vault and disappear. Munsford had told them that he had a small jet lined up at the airport and it would hold all the money and jewels. They might have to leave some of the other valuables behind but those things were minor compared to the money and jewels. Peters drove the forklift into the room and came to a stop. Lane was lying on the floor with blood running from the back of his head. He pulled his pistol and jumped from the forklift. Looking around he did not see the two rookies. He swore under his breath and looked behind him. He was going to make a run back into the main warehouse and out to the area where he had noticed the scrammers when they drove in. It was just a few yards to the open double doors. He wearily looked around and didn’t see any movement. His decision to run overtook him and he darted for the doors. He never heard the sound of the gun but he fell forward as his left leg was knocked from under him. He hit the concrete floor and rolled over. He looked around and saw the women walking toward him from the forklift. The other agent was not in sight. He raised his pistol to shoot the women and his hand was knocked sideways as the pistol dropped to his side. His trigger finger was still through the trigger guard on the pistol but his hand was still in the air. He dropped his hand to his body and watched the women walk up to him.

Janice Halford had shot agent Lane in the forehead while Dan moved off to the side of the open doors. She heard the forklift just outside the smaller room and moved to a pile of chairs and stood behind them as the forklift rolled into the room. She watched Agent Peters stop and pull his pistol. She watched him jump from the tractor and look around. He then began to make a run for the doors. She took aim with her silenced pistol and shot the man in the back of his knee so he went down quick enough. She began to walk toward him then and intended to shoot him in the head when she reached him. She saw him raise his pistol to shoot her and watched as he lost the grip on it and the blood spurting from his blown off finger. She knew that Dan had shot his finger off and the pistol he was holding fell to his side. She reached the man just as he was trying to grab his pistol with his other hand. She stepped on his wrist and the man twisted in pain. She reached down and took the pistol away from him. “Well agent Peters, it would seem that you are in a bad situation. Unlike your partner over there,” she tuned slightly and looked toward agent Lane. “Who will not be joining us to help you?” Do you have anything you would like to say to us?” Dan walked up then and said “poor man has lost a finger or so it seems.”

Peters was gritting his teeth. His knee cap had been blown off and the pain was excruciating, his finger had been shot off on his right hand and that pain was minuscule compared to the leg. He was almost delirious from the pain but managed to talk. “Who are you people, this is treason and murder and the SS will execute you for doing this. Does the Emperor know what you are doing?” Janice looked at Dan and down at Peters. She could not help herself and laughed slightly at the idiot. “Well let’s see agent Peters, you and your partners have murdered many people I am sure and Agent Munsford, who by the way will not be returning to the palace either, you and agent Lane over there saw fit to steel all the Emperors treasury funs and plot to kill him I do believe. How am I doing so far?” Peters could only think how to keep his own life at this point and blurted out. “That is pretty good agent Halford. How about you two helping me and we can take all the money and get away. Munsford has some sort of jet over at the airport and we can take it and make our get away.” Dan knelt down next to the man and said “how about you tell us where all this so called money is located and maybe we will let you live.” Peters was becoming very desperate. “Listen, I know the combination and codes to get into the vault were all the money and jewels and other valuables are located. If you kill me you will never be able to find it let alone get into it.”

Janice reached down and took Peters left arm and nodded to Dan to take his right arm. They picked the man up and he fell against Dan. They dragged/walked him past the forklift and Janice said “Show us where the vault is agent Peters so we can determine your fate.” Peters was definitely becoming delirious, the loss of blood was making him quite light headed. The pain in his body was like a fire burning him. He told them to go around the big pile of sofas and tables. When they drug him around that there was the wall and they could see the big steel door with a key pad and an eye reader next to it. They drug Peters over to it and held him as he stuck his face close to the lens. The red light brightened and a camera action clicked off. “Okay that parts over now you gotta key in the code and open the door.” Peters became reluctant at this point and asked “are you two going to kill me after I do this or are you going to help me and we can split this up into three shares?” Dan sort of giggled if you could call it that and said “Well hell agent Peters I guess we would rather be rich than kill you so let’s get this over with so we can get the money into the truck and over to the airport then.” Peters was still reluctant and wanted assurances they would not kill him. It took a few minutes before Dan convinced him that they were on board to get rich. His story was quite convincing to Peters and finally the man moved so he could use his left hand and punched in the code and the sequence of numbers and the door clicked open.

Peters was having a hard time staying conscious as Janice and Dan dragged him into the vault. They stared at the pallets of cash and small safes, presumably full of jewels. Dan leaned Agent Peters against a pallet of cash and looked at the vault door. He didn’t notice it when they pushed the door open but now that he did look at it, he noticed it was about 6 feet or wider. He told Janice he would be back and hurried out to get the forklift. Janice walked over to Peters and pulled her pistol out and screwed the silencer into the barrel. Peters was leaning against the pallet and tried to turn around when his face blossomed outward as the open faced .45 caliber bullet entered the back of his head and exited through his nose causing his face to spread outward. The blood and chunks of his brain splattered against the plastic wrapped wads of cash. Janice backed away and let the body fall on the floor close to the pallet. Dan drove the forklift through the doorway and moved in far enough to drag the body of agent lane into the room. It took almost two hours to clean the vault of the pallets of cash and the small safes of jewels. They had to load the valuable paintings and other items and finally shut the vault door and made sure it was locked. Dan found a hose in the warehouse and stretched it to the blood stained area where Agent Lane bled out and washed it away.
Last edited by LostNFound on Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

As Dan pulled the semi tractor trailer out onto the Prairie Parkway, Janice was thinking how she was going to kill the used car salesman that called himself the Emperor. She had waited and trained for this and the time was rapidly approaching for everything to reach an apex and close the book on this nightmare that had been taking place for the past 20 years. The Emperor had been building his small army around his stronghold in Denver for the past 5 years and when he had decided to attack Texas it seemed to most of the military that the man had truly lost his mind. This was what the patriots had waited for. A large force had gathered in the Rocky Mountains and then began to move down to the Denver area and surround the City. She and Dan had been sent in to join the SS a year before and both had made the grade. They both had to do field work before they would be accepted into the palace and that had taken a good part of the past year.

Sergeant Major Jack Bollard and his small squad of Special Forces had followed the Semi truck from the parking structure on MLK Blvd. The tracking devices that Dan Killard and Janice Halford had implanted, before they joined the SS was working perfectly. Jack had notified all his crews to let the semi through and keep an eye on it. If they needed to they could converge on it and protect the two patriot agents. Jack knew their ultimate mission and he was going to make it happen, the best way he knew how. He knew also that as soon as the toad that called himself the Emperor was gone, the country could revert back to being a Republic of free people. The cloaked chopper he was in had been doing recon on Denver for months now and they had acquired a small fleet of them, all cloaked with the latest device and stealth gear that Major John Ballard and his wife Lieutenant Jamie Carol had created. They had become Bill and Carolyne Johnson after their escape from the Wyoming incident. The man was truly a patriot of freedom and his inventions and creations along with the family of Haven dwellers, as he called them had brought about the beginning of the healing of this country and perhaps the world. He had met their daughter and her sister Hava a couple of times and the two girls were like goddesses to him. They could use their full brain capacity and God only knows what they are truly capable of. He was to the understanding that most of the folks that lived in the place called the haven could use the same capacity of their brains and it made him have complete hope in the healing of the planet. He and his men had been shown some of the gifts and could perform extraordinary feats. All these things ran through his mind as he watched the semi-tractor trailer turn a corner and stop at the blockade.

Dan turned onto Quebec Street and drove south until he hit Martin Luther King Blvd. There they encountered the same blockade of Emperor Minions they had come through earlier. This would be the outer most ring of the Army. Dan stopped the Semi and a soldier moved around the blockade and came to the truck. The old Parking Garage with the underground tunnel to the Palace was located 5 blocks west of the Monaco Pkwy where they would have to transfer the money and jewels into the big armored truck to drive through the tunnel. Dan had been told by the Emperor that they would have to make a few trips but he would make sure that his Minions would let them through and guard the truck while they transferred the Treasury and other valuables. The perimeter of the outer ring took in a large rectangular area that included the Hilltop Avenue to the south and west to the I-25, then North to the I-70 then East to the Quebec Street underpass where Dan and Janice did not see any blockades until they reached the MLK Blvd. So the emperor had at least three layers of protection to hold any force of patriots away from the palace. Janice had already sent a crypto message about the three different rings of military and police forces to the Patriots.

Sergeant Kristopherson had passed this truck through earlier and was being cautious. There had been reports of small squads of the patriots roving the areas to the north and the Emperor squads on the I-70 where driving that road now in search of any enemy soldiers. As he approached the truck he recognized Dan Killard. Agent Halford was sitting in the passenger seat this time around and he wondered were the other two agents were. He had counted four of them when they came through the first time. He was told to send four of his men to the parking garage where they would help two agents named Lane and Peters steel the money and valuables. The person in the Palace had called and told him what to look for and wait for it to return. He was very leery now that he didn’t see Lane and Peters. Agent Killard looked at him and said “Good to see you again Sergeant, we were unfortunate to encounter a small group of patriots and they killed agent Lane and Peters before we could dispatch them. Kristopherson was surprised but his instincts took over and he knew at this point he was going to have to take control and get the money for himself and his men. Dan figured he would get that out of the way as soon as possible because this sergeant looked a bit suspicious. “Well that is too bad, are you two alright then?” “Yes Sergeant, Agent Halford and I both were quite lucky to have come away without any injuries.” “Good, I have been instructed to have four men escort you to the parking structure where they will help you unload and reload whatever it is you have in the trailer, may I ask what it is?”

Dan was a bit reluctant to tell this man what they were carrying but he had prepared the proper response. “Well sergeant, if you have already been told to give us an escort, it would seem you may know something about it. We are transporting the Emperor’s furniture and office belongings back to the Palace that had been removed by mistake.” The sergeant’s eyes opened wide and he let out a sound of surprise. “Wow that is a very important job then. No wonder the orders were to pay special attention to you. I don’t understand why the emperor did not send a special detail to escort you?” “I suppose the Emperor wanted this to be quiet; He didn’t want anyone unnecessary to know about such a mistake.” “Yes I agree, you can feel safe with my men, they are tried and true loyalists.” “Thank you sergeant we shall not be to long so they can get back soon enough. One never knows where and when the patriots will attack.” The sergeant waved at the men standing at the barrier and they moved the ones aside to let the truck through. Dan put the truck into its first gear and began rolling through the barricade. A Humvee had pulled out in front of them and slowly moved to keep close in front. Dan and Janice both watched the second hummer pull out and move in behind them as they picked up speed.

Janice’s sixth sense was blurting alarms. She did not like the idea of telling the sergeant anything about the contents of the trailer and the idea of the Sergeant saying that he had been informed of the mission and they would be sending a four man crew to help, made her stomach do flip flops. When Dan drove through the barrier and the hummer pulled out in front, she pulled her pistol out and made sure she had a full magazine and jacked a round into the chamber. Dan glanced at her and pulled his pistol out and handed it to her to do the same as he shifted the gear box. It was the second hummer pulling out behind them that made her prime both AR25’s. She leaned one against the seat and held the other one in her lap. Dan and she both understood what was coming. They had four fully armed soldiers in front of them and there could be that many behind them. Dan looked out the rearview mirror and watched a man climb into the turret with the mini gun. “Damn,” he said, “these bastards are going to steel the contents or the whole damn truck. I don’t think they are patriots.” Janice looked out the side mirror on her side and then looked at the hummer in front. Dan had hit fifth gear and was starting to shift into his sixth gear when the front hummer slowed down and they both saw the man start to spin the mini gun around and point it at them. Dan stomped on the gas pedal and told Janice to get down as he sped up. The big semi shot forward and hit the front hummer in the rear. The man in the turret was knocked forward and tried to spring back to grab the mini gun. Dan rammed the hummer again and this time the man fell out directly in front of the semi. Dan felt a slight bump as they ran over the man. They both heard the muffled scream. Janice rolled her window down and stuck the AR25 out and pulled the auto trigger and the .762 rounds flew into the turret. Another man had tried to get on the platform but was hit and fell back into the hummer. Dan ran up again and hit the tail end and knocked the hummer sideways. The vehicle wobbled and ran off the side of the road. Dan gunned the truck and they sped away from the one behind them.

As they passed the turnoff to the parking garage the hummer behind them had come up fast and the man in the turret began to shoot the mini gun at the truck. Dan wanted to get away from the idiot but knew he would not be able to and if the driver got along his side they would be done for. He was going to slam on his brakes and hope the idiot ran into him. He grabbed the gear shift and told Janice to strap in and hold on. He down shifted and hit the brakes at the same time but the Hummer behind them exploded in a big fireball and twisted in the air as it left the road way. Dan let off the brake and shifted the truck into a higher gear and sped away. The hummer flew through the air and landed into a building causing it to explode with secondary ordinance. The building caught fire and Dan turned a corner. He took the corner a bit too fast and the trailer began to twist over on its side. The idiot that shot at them had blown the rear tires of the dual axel under the trailer. Dan looked at Janice and told her to hang on they were going to roll. Janice understood and grabbed the brace bars on the door. The trailer flipped so suddenly it popped loose from the hitch to the Tractor and landed on its side. The tractor had been jerked sideways but Dan managed to keep it upright and down shifted and braked as fast as he could. The trailer lay off the side of the road and the tractor came to a stop about 100 feet away. This was dangerous territory because the Emperor’s minions were patrolling within the outer rectangle area. Both of them knew this was the end of their undercover gig. The trailer had caught fire somehow and they knew it would burn the entire contents which would cause the Emperor to kill them both. Dan Started to shift the truck into a gear to get moving when a chopper decloaked in front of them and they both saw Jack Bollard get out and wave to them. Dan grabbed his AR25 and jumped out the driver door while Janice jumped out the other side and they both ran toward the chopper.

The Chopper cloaked and rose from the street as soon as everyone was aboard. Jack told Captain Hanks to blow the tractor. The trailer was rapidly becoming a raging inferno so that was a lost cause now to retrieve any of the money. Captain Hanks fired one SRM into the truck and it exploded. He banked the chopper toward the east and within a few minutes they strafed the barricade and watched the hummers blow up. Hanks spun around and fired two SRM’s into the tank and it blew its top off. They flew to the north from there and landed at the old Longmont store center where they had temporary headquarters set up. Inside the big restaurant area Janice and Dan sat down and were offered something to drink. Janice had tears in her eyes. She had failed to accomplish her mission this time. She was also thinking how to get back in and kill the damn murdering used car salesman. Jacks men were grabbing something to eat before they returned to their recon. Jack sat down at the table and took a sip of his coffee. “You two want to tell me what went wrong?” Dan looked at Jack and then at Janice who seemed to be dazed. “Damnit Jack, we failed to recognize the greed of those soldiers. They were tipped off by someone about what we were carrying and I told that damn sergeant we were transporting the Emperors office furniture back. I think he had it all planned from the moment we first went through his barricade.. I don’t know what the Emperor may have said to anyone beside us but he is unpredictable also. That trailer was full of money and jewels and we were supposed to restock his private vault so you tell me, what that SOB is going to do when he finds out his precious fortune is burned up.”

Agent Lindsey Tomachi hid in the utility closet on the 2nd floor of the palace and cried her eyes out. The Closet was one of the rooms in the palace that had no cameras and listening devices. She knew that her lover Geraldo Munsford had been found out by the Emperor and murdered by him. When the Emperor had taken him out and up to his private floor it was the tell tale and when Geraldo did not return it broke her heart. Agent Lane and agent Peters were called to go with the two newbie’s and retrieve the furniture and bring it back. She knew they would be killed also. The Emperor somehow knew what the three had done. She was not known as of yet, to be part of the conspiracy to steel the money from the vault and pull the coup off. They were supposed to kill the toad and take over the country. With all the money and valuables in the vault they would be able to keep the military and police forces in their control. Munsford was going to declare himself the new King and the tyranny was going to become a complete system then. They had planned this takeover for over two years, and today was supposed to be the beginning. It all fell into a deep pit of blackness and her despair was painful. She had contacted the man at the barricade on the MLK Blvd and told him what was going down and how he should proceed to highjack the truck that would be carrying the money on its way back from the warehouse. Lane and Peters were supposed to kill the two rookies and he was supposed to help them steel the money. She was not sure if they would survive and if they didn’t he was to kill the rookies and take the truck to the Airport and wait for her. She would continue the plan but without her lover and the coup was dead now anyway. She was on her way to the front doors of the Palace when the little Italian toad caught her. She heard the screeching sound first and it had made her fear the first time she heard it. She turned and saw the black aura coming at her. She tried to get away and fought the thing but he was too strong for her.

Vinnie knew there was a conspiracy or plot to overthrow him. When he tortured agent Munsford he learned about Lane and Peters and the woman. He had his suspicions about her but Munsford confirmed it after some real excruciating techniques he used on the man. He set up the mission with the two new agents and went looking for the woman after sending all four of the agents to retrieve his money and jewels. He caught her at the front doors of the palace and she fought him but he won out and knocked her out. He took her up to his favorite little room on the private floor and set her up in the chair. She didn’t take as long to extract information as Munsford had and she gave him the information about the man or sergeant at the blockade on the MLK Blvd. It was too late to warn the two agents that would be killing Lane and Peters so he let the mission ride for now. The ice pick up the nose on the woman made her scream and tell him all about the coup. He already knew most of it from Munsford but she gave him the info about the soldier or soldiers at the barricade. She rambled on about her affair with Munsford and he finally shot her in the back of the head like he did Munsford and dumped her body into the chute that dropped into the furnace below. God he thought he was surrounded by traitors and he had to be on the guard all the time. He could be killed at any moment by anyone these days. He was hoping beyond hope that the two agents he had made the deal with this morning would be loyal to him.
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

Vinnie sat in his office after he had cleaned himself up and waited for the two agents to call him. They were supposed to call and tell him that everything was good and they would be arriving soon. It had been almost 3 hours since he eliminated the woman and here he still sat. He had called a Major that he knew in the outer ring of defense and told him to check on the blockade that was set up at the end of the MLK Blvd and to arrest the sergeant that was in charge. He hoped that he was not too late to clear any resistance for the two agents. He was on his second bottle of Bourbon and feeling a bit woozy when the Major called him and told him that the blockade had been destroyed and the hummers and Tank had been blasted beyond any recognition. “We also found two hummers further west on the MLK that had been burned and Sir, we found your semi. The trailer has been gutted with fire and is still burning and the tractor looks like someone shot it with an RPG or something. It too is burning. We did not see your two agents.” Vinnie told the Major to put the fire out on the trailer and see if anything was still salvageable. “Major, whatever you find that is salvageable; I want you to bring it straight to the Palace and do not let anyone know what it is.” The Major acknowledged him and Vinnie cut the link

Vinnie slammed the receiver down and picked up his bottle. He took a big swig and choked on it. He spit out the fluid and continued to cough and choke. Finally he was able to breathe again and sat looking at the empty desks and other pieces of furniture that had been dragged in earlier. He finally stood up and moved to his big window that looked out on the damn lava lake or pond. He didn’t know what the Major might salvage but at this very moment his life took a turn into a deeper hell. All of his money was gone. His jewels and other precious valuables could be gone also. Most of that stuff was supposed to be in that trailer. He had just killed two agents with his own hands and had two others killed, hopefully, this morning. And as far as he knew two other agents had been killed or went missing. There were maybe 10 agents left down by the elevator. He was resisting the urge to shoot some more of them. His luck with agents was not good and for all he knew, all of them could be in on the plan to overthrow him. The Palace was empty and he felt quite vulnerable at the moment. He took another drink and did it slowly this time. He wanted to scream. Xishum Stra’ was finding this mission a bit twisting for his liking. This earthling he had taken over had many enemies and was lacking in strategic skills. He was going to have to contact the other two Xzanturs sooner than he thought. He wondered how the others were doing around this planet. These earthlings were more complicated than thought by the Supreme leaders.

Major Phillip Vanstoffer hung up the receiver and called his Lieutenant over. “Lieutenant Eckert, Get a detail together and put the fire out on that trailer. The Emperor wants to know what might be salvageable.” “Yes sir,” Eckert said and moved to the small troop carrier. He began to direct the squad of men to grab extinguishers and any other means to put the fire out. Phillip did not know what had been in the trailer but whatever it was must have been valuable to the Emperor. He walked toward the semi tractor that was burning also and wanted to see if there were any bodies in the cab. Their initial observation didn’t take in the closer look. When he approached he could clearly see that the front of the truck had been blasted with a missile of some type. That most definitely would have killed anyone in the truck. He stood as close as he could get without singing himself and looked into the open door on the passenger side. There were no bodies that he could see. So whoever was driving this rig had abandoned it before the presumed missile hit it. That could mean that at least one person was on foot within this area. He called the lieutenant over again and told him to take three men and began searching the area for any sign of maybe a wounded man or women. There could be two of them as the Emperor had told him there were at least two agents in that truck. The Lieutenant grabbed three men from the fire and they primed their weapons and struck out walking to the North. The burning truck was pointed in that direction and that would be the logical place to start. Phillip moved back to the trailer and picked up one of the extinguishers and began to spray the fire. He could see pieces of money in the fire and as they sprayed the fire down, he began to see wood pallets charred and metal boxes scattered around. There was one bigger safe that looked like it was still in tact along with quite a few smaller ones. He supposed that would make the emperor happy. It was about 1 hour later that the blazes had been dampened and the fire was pretty much snuffed. The metal safes or so he assumed all had digital locks on them and he told the men to start collecting them when they could get in to retrieve them.

Lieutenant Eckert had walked past the rail marks on the road way and began to search the buildings. An hour later they found two people that were hold up in a house and questioned them about seeing anyone running away from the burning truck on the road. The people were reluctant to speak at first until Eckert told them that they would be taken to the holding pens for extensive questioning. The older one spoke up and told them that they had heard the explosions further east on the MLK and saw the fire balls so they had begun to come down this side street when the big truck came around the corner and the trailer had fallen over. “It came loose from the truck and tipped onto its side. We saw the fire begin and then the truck stopped a little further away. We were afraid that the patriots were in the area and didn’t want to get shot. We started to run down the street when the chopper materialized on the road. Two people jumped from the truck and ran to the chopper and got into it. We watched it disappear and then the truck exploded. We ran and hid in this house that is all we know.” Eckert looked at the two people for a brief moment before he shot them. He never gave up a chance to kill the citizens. His wish was to live as the Emperors personal assassin but it was looking like the Emperor might be loosing and could be dead before this year was over. In which case he had plans to abandon this city and make his way into the South American continent where he might be able to put his talents to use.

Corporal Benny Landowski watched the sadistic, psychopathic Lieutenant kill the two unarmed, innocent civilians with out batting his eye. The man was as crazy as the Emperor and Benny had watched him kill others without any empathy at all. He had made a vow that one day he would end the retches life. He stood staring at the two dead men until Sergeant Jorgen grabbed his arm and pulled him away. Lieutenant Eckert and Private James Oather were already heading down the street back toward the Major’s position. Sergeant Tom Jorgen spoke to him quietly as they walked. “You know Benny; you gotta pay more attention to your job. The Lieutenant is already gunning for you as it is. Every time you show the slightest bit of dissension toward his actions he takes note and one of these days he will shoot you just like he did those two civilians. You know just how damn crazy the man is?” Benny knew what Jorgen told him was true and he knew that he should not let the man see that he might object to his insanity but damn it irked him to watch the man so blatantly kill others. He just nodded to the Sergeant and kept walking toward the burning wreck.

Major Phillip Vanstoffer stood by the pile of metal safes. His men had dragged them out of the ruins of the trailer and stacked them together close to the Troop carrier. He did not know what was in them but the boxes seemed to have survived the devastation of the fire. He had seen the bits and pieces of money as it burned away and surmised that this trailer was carrying money and a lot of it. There were other things of value, he also surmised in this trailer but whatever it was had burned up with the money. He turned and watched his Lieutenant walk toward him on the street. He knew the man was a crazy loon and he was going to have him transferred from his company one of these days. He wanted to hear what the man had found. They all had heard the shots fired so it would be interesting at best. As the 4 men walked up he asked “what did you find Lieutenant, we heard the shots so you must have run into something.” Eckert was an irritated man at best; he always seemed to be on edge. “We found two civilians that witnessed what happened and I had to kill them. They pulled a weapon on us.” Benny started to say something but Sergeant Jorgen grabbed his arm and looked at him. The realization that he could be shot for insubordination on the spot flashed before his eyes so he held his peace. Eckert had turned and watched the three men and it was plain that he recognized Bennies action. He turned back to the Major and told him what the two patriots told him. Benny could see how twisted this man was to call them patriots now, perhaps to justify his blatant murder. “The two patriots told us that two people got out of the truck and were picked up by a cloaked chopper. So whoever was driving this rig was part of the patriot movement.” Phillip could see the sly bastard’s lies and deceit but just shook his head in acknowledgment. “Get your men to load these safes up on the troop carrier they are going to the Emperor.” He turned and walked away while he called the Emperor.

Vinnie picked up the phone and saw that it was the Major. “Finally major, what the hell happened out there and were you able to salvage anything from the fire?” Phillip rolled his eyes and spoke. “Your Excellency, It appears that whoever was driving the rig was part of the patriot’s movement. We were able to find some men to tell us what happened here. They said the truck was being chased or something and there were explosions on the MLK. When the truck came around the corner onto this side street it rolled and caught fire. The trailer was detached from the truck and then two people got out and ran to a decloaked chopper that possibly blew the truck. We did manage to retrieve around 30 fireproof metal safes and they are all locked. We are loading them up as we speak and will bring them to the Palace.” “Here is what you are going to do Major, you take that load to the Parking garage” and Vinnie gave an address, “there should be an armored truck parked in there and I want you to transfer the safe’s into it. There is an underground tunnel that leads directly to the basement parking garage under the palace. You and one other of your choice bring the safes to me. I will meet you when you get here. Call me and I will bring something we can transfer all the safes onto.” Phillip acknowledged the Emperor’s request and disconnected.

When they came to the address of the parking garage they could see the smoke rising to the east. Phillip looked through his binoculars and could see the destruction of the vehicles and the tank. As he continued to look he could see a couple of men wandering around. They had seen the two hummers burning on their way to the garage. “Lieutenant Eckert, when we get these safes loaded into the vehicle the Emperor told me about I want you to take the rest of the squad and go to that barricade and see if you can save any of those men. It looks as if the patriots have struck and god knows where they will hit next. Be on your guard. This skirmish is just beginning I think and we are going to be in a full blown urban war soon.” They transferred all the safes to the armored vehicle and Phillip chose Sergeant Jorgen to accompany him. He was the most experienced man on the team when it came to fighting and he wanted that kind of man at his back. The tunnel entrance was on the lowest level and he drove while the sergeant kept a lookout. Lieutenant Eckert took the other 9 men and drove toward the burning barricade.

Vinnie/ Xishum Stra’ cut the conversation with Major Vanstoffer and smiled. Vanstoffer told him that his squad had saved at least 30 of the small safes that had the jewels and some large denominational cash. He hoped that these containers had the special notes in them. He called agent Kamal Jagger and told him to bring agent Vigo Sleshinger to his office. He was planning to kill the Major and whoever he brought with him to the palace. The two agents would be tasked with setting a timed bomb on the truck. The bomb had to be big enough to bring the parking structure down that existed on the MLK Blvd. He would take control of the firing mechanism and wait for the Major to tell him that he was back at the Parking structure. The two agents would plant the explosives while the major and his man brought up the containers to his private floor and the private vault. He was going to tell the major to take the armored vehicle back and call him when his squad arrived to retrieve him. At that point he would blow the truck and hopefully kill the entire squad. After explaining the plan to the two agents and how they would do everything. He gave them the deadly Thermite packs and told them to place it carefully and make sure it would not come loose. The frequency for the trigger was given and they would have to set the small computer pad to it. He fabricated his story about the individuals that would be bringing him some special secrets and highly sensitive materials in the safes that he would transport to his secure vault. Of course all of this was to help the cause against the patriots and perhaps even deal them a fatal blow. After the two agents left to wait for the plan to begin, he sat back and poured himself a large glass of bourbon. He was pleased but it was such a struggle to stay out in front of all those that were against him.

Agent Kamal Jagger was a demolition expert and knew all about the Thermite containers. He knew how to attach it all and set the frequency for the Emperor to use his trigger. When he and agent Sleshinger left the Emperors office he took Vigo to the basement and the small room that sat close to the parking garage. They could monitor the parking garage from this room and the heavy metal door that was not accessible from the parking area would let them in and back out. Kamal explained to Vigo that they would have to prop the door so they could get back out after they set the bomb up. Vigo sat down in the hard metal chair and sipped his coffee. “Why do you suppose the Emperor wants to kill his own soldiers?” “Well you heard him say these men could be traitors and he wasn’t taking any chances with them. Apparently they may know what is in those safes.” “What the hell do you think is in them Kamal?” “Hell, I don’t know Vigo but whatever it is; the Emperor is plenty spooked enough to kill those men that are bringing them.” “You got any ideas about what happened to Geraldo and Lindsey? And what about Killard, Halford, Lane and Peters, God we seem to be losing too many on the team lately.” “Yeah I know and since Geraldo sent all the civilians out, this place is way too big and empty for just the 10 of us that are left.
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

4 THE XZANTURS

Phillip drove the truck through the tunnel that was dimly lit and came to the door. He stopped the truck and called the Emperor who answered and opened the door for them. Phillip slowly drove into the parking structure below the palace and moved the truck to the place the Emperor told him about. Sergeant Jorgen’s spidey sense was heightened at this point and he could see the cameras on the ceiling. He spoke quietly as the major parked the truck. “This place gives me the creeps major so be on the lookout. Let’s get this shipment unloaded quickly and to its destination and get the hell out of here.” Phillip agreed with the Sergeant and had the same feeling. Something did not feel right. Both men climbed out of the truck and moved to the rear doors. Phillip opened them and they heard the sound of elevator doors opening. Sergeant Jorgen looked around the truck and saw the elevator door open and a short balding gray haired Italian man standing next to a rather large cart. The man looked back at him and pushed a button on a control module. The cart moved out of the elevator and rolled toward them.

Tom Jorgen had never seen the Emperor but his instinct warned him that this man, this little greasy balding gray hair man was the Emperor that every body was so afraid of. He watched the cart move toward him and the major, and the man walk behind it. Something was flashing a red light at him about this man and he could not take his eyes off the creature. He would not and could not trust this man. The major tagged him and when he turned the major directed him to get into the truck and start handing the metal safes to him. Tom was glad to move away from the thing that was walking toward him. He jumped into the truck and heard the major speak. “Your Excellency, it has been quite awhile but here we are with what we could salvage.” Tom pushed the safes toward the rear and heard the man speak. “Very good major, you can load them in this cart. I think it will hold all of them.” Tom wanted to cover his ears when he heard the voice. It sounded like someone dragging their fingernails across an old time chalk board. When he first looked at the man in the elevator there was a dark aura around him and the elevator looked as if a dark cloud had arisen inside it. Tom could have sworn he saw two very black holes for eyes on the man when he first looked at him. He continued to stack the safes while the Major talked with the creature and loaded the safes into the cart. When he was done moving them all to the rear he moved around them and jumped down to the floor.

The little creature was standing at the rear of the cart and looked straight at him. There were the black holes for eyes and the black aura. It gave him the creeps and made the hairs stand up on his neck. He and the major finished loading the safes into the cart and the creature punched a button on the remote and the cart began to move backwards toward the open door of the elevator. Tom did not want to get into a confined space with this thing but the major grabbed him and pulled him to the elevator. The creature asked if there was anything wrong with him but Tom could not talk. Phillip spoke for him and told the Emperor that he had been shell shocked recently and was still recouping from the skirmish. There was no more to be said as they rode the elevator up to the fifth floor and transferred to another elevator that took them to the floor above. Once they entered the 6th floor the creature took them through a locked door and down a corridor to another corridor and finally to a big safe door. The thing had to do an eye reader and hand reader and punch in some code to a key pad and the big steel door opened. Tom and the major were not allowed to enter but the Creature remotely moved the cart to the inside and then shut the door and re-locked it. Once back in the Garage below, Tom came out of the trance he seemed to be entrapped in while the creature was present. He moved to the truck and climbed in as fast as he could and waited for the major to get in on the drivers side. The only thing he could say was “let’s get the hell out of here major” and the major moved the truck to the open door into the tunnel and they traveled back to the parking garage on the MLK Blvd.

Major Phillip Vanstoffer pulled the armored truck to a stop on the first floor of the parking structure and turned to Sergeant Jorgen. “What the hell just happened to you sergeant, you seemed to be in a trance or something the whole time we were in the Palace. Haven’t you met the Emperor before, I thought you did awhile back.” Tom turned and looked at the major expecting to see the black hole eyes and the dark aura but he was just the same as he had always been. “Major, there is something very strange about that man you call the Emperor. He is not a real human, I saw something totally different when we first encountered him and from that moment on it was like I was being held in a cage or something. I couldn’t speak and felt as if I was being guided by someone. For lack of a better explanation, I felt like I was in a deep freezer and the man’s voice made me cringe.” Phillip looked at his Sergeant and gave a sigh of relief. “You know Tom, I am glad you recognized the creature in the man suit. Every time I have to be around that thing it makes me want to scream but I have learned how to get around its control. I don’t know when the man that calls himself Vincent Crumholtz was taken over; perhaps it was before he became a senator in the old system and then destroyed the capitol and half of DC. He wants me to call him as soon as our team gets here to pick us up. I suspect he has done something to get rid of us all for retrieving those safes. I don’t know what is in them but I did see pieces of money burning from that trailer. I think that trailer was full of money and those safes have something very valuable in them.”

“So what do you think happened to it? The Semi was burning about a hundred feet in front of the trailer so it had to have been disconnected.” “I don’t know for sure Tom but something happened to screw up a plan that was made by that creature. I think it had something to do with the troops that manned that barricade over at the Quebec street intersection. As for that cloaked chopper, I would bet it was a patriot chopper and maybe the people that were driving the truck are part of the movement.’ “Let’s get out of this parking structure before we call the team. I want to be a good distance from this building before I call the Emperor or whatever it is. Check the undercarriage of this damn truck, I want to see if someone may have planted something on it.” They both climbed from the truck and Tom lay down and rolled under the truck. Sure enough there were two places that had explosives secured to the chassis. He could see the canisters of Thermite and knew this was going to be a very nasty boom and probably would bring this entire structure down. He rolled back out and grabbed his AR25 and walked to the Major. “Let’s be a good distance from this place” as he began to walk toward the exit.

Major Phillip Vanstoffer and Sergeant Tom Jorgen walked across the MLK Blvd and began to walk east toward the barricade that was located on Quebec Street. They walked a good three blocks away from the Parking structure before Phillip called Lieutenant Eckert. Eckert answered the radio and Phillip told him to come and get him and the Sergeant. “We are walking the MLK Blvd Lieutenant on the south side. What did you find at the barricade?” “We found two soldiers that are in a fair condition. They say that two hummers took 6 of their men and chased the semi tractor trailer. They were attacked by a cloaked chopper as best they can tell. The tank and the other hummers are destroyed. Their sergeant is dead as well as the rest of their squads. They had two full 6 man squads at this barricade. You saw the two hummers before we got to that Parking structure.” “Well gather the two men and come get us. We are at least three blocks to the east of the parking structure and still moving away” Eckert acknowledged and cut the line. Phillip stopped and looked at the store front they were standing in front of and motioned the Sergeant to get inside. Once inside he called the Emperor and told him that his team was picking them up. The screeching voice that the Sergeant heard could be heard over the phone saying okay Major, Thank you for your service and the line was cut. Tom was looking in the direction of the parking structure when it blew skyward. The mini mushroom cloud rose a good half mile into the sky. The store front windows cracked and fell out from the concussion. Tom and Phillip both were knocked backward and hit the floor. They scrambled behind the counter as more debris blew through the windows. It was for sure that the parking structure did not exist any more and maybe a good block of other building also. Phillip looked at Tom who had blood on his face from some glass shards and said “you think maybe we should see about finding the patriots and joining their army instead of this mad man or whatever it is?” Tom looked at him and shook his head up and down.

Lieutenant Eckert drove up in a hummer and the others were in the Troop carrier. Eckert had found a hummer that wasn’t damaged and confiscated it. They had stopped on the road when the parking structure blew and felt the concussion from 7 blocks away. When they proceeded they came across the Major and Sergeant Jorgen walking along the littered street. Eckert jumped out of the hummer and approached Phillip. “What the hell happened here major? It looked like a small nuclear bomb went off.” “Well you could say that Lieutenant, the Emperor did not like it that we knew about his safes, god knows what’s in them so he decided we were no longer needed in his army. The truck we drove to the Palace and back was rigged with high power explosives while we were delivering the safes to the emperor’s private quarters. The rear door of the troop carrier erupted open and a man jumped out and started running toward the burnt out barricade. There was a shot from the troop carrier and the man went down. The Lieutenant turned and said “what the hell?” as he watched his team exit the back of said troop carrier. Corporal Clint Walkson was holding his smoking gun and pointing it at the dead man. The rest of the men gathered around Clint and looked at the dead man. Clint was bleeding from his leg. Lieutenant Eckert walked over and asked the Corporal to report.

Corporal Clint Walkson slowly turned and said “The bastard tried to kill me with his damn knife. He managed to stab me in the leg before he jumped out and started running. I shot him then. He called us all traitors and said the Emperor would kill us all.” Lieutenant Eckert was having a hard time believing that the Emperor would do such a thing and what the Major had told him about the Emperor blowing up the truck and a good block of buildings just could not be true. He turned around and saw the Major and the sergeant moving toward the hummer he had confiscated. “Where you going Major?” was all he could say at the moment. “We are getting out of here before this insane place gets us all killed. I suggest all of you make a choice as to who you are going to fight for. That man was obviously involved in a scheme of the Emperor’s making and we just happened to be in the right place at the wrong time as the saying goes. The Emperor has made it very clear that we are not supposed to live beyond this little party. I think the men at that barricade were all in on the scheme and the two people that drove that truck may have been working for the patriot’s army.”

Lieutenant Eckert pulled his pistol and pointed it at the Major. “You are talking sedition major and deserting. I am inclined to believe you have lied about the Emperor and now Corporal Walkson has murdered that soldier.” He looked at the men standing around Corporal Walkson and ordered them to take him into custody. He also told two of them to arrest the Major and the Sergeant. The bullet hit him just below the bridge of the nose and the back of his head opened up as he fell backward onto the pavement. Corporal Benny Landowski stood his ground as everyone turned and looked at him. He looked at them and did not say a word. The second man they had retrieved from the barricade was still sitting in the back of the Troop carrier and when he heard the talk and then the Lieutenant give orders to arrest people he stood and moved to the rear door. He witnessed the death of the Lieutenant and jumped down. Corporal Walkson had noticed him and turned his rifle toward the man.

Sergeant Harold Bronsky had watched Corporal Rivers pull his knife and stab the Corporal in the leg all the while yelling that they were all traitors. He watched the man open the door and jump out and then he saw the corporal shoot him as he ran. Harold was an undercover special ops man for the Patriots and had been with Sergeant Kristopherson’s two squad team since he had infiltrated the Emperor’s Army. He knew all about the secret deal the Sergeant had made with the Agents at the Palace and was waiting for the right time to notify the Patriots that were surrounding the Emperor’s army in Denver. He knew about the two undercover agents that worked in the Palace but did not know them by sight. He had managed to take cover with the now dead Rivers man when the patriots strafed the barricade and blew the vehicles. He did receive an injury on his left arm but it was not a major injury. He looked at the corporal that was pointing his rifle at him straight in the face. “I am not part of that group of people Corporal” was all he said. The Major and Sergeant had come back. “What part of a group are you then Sergeant?” “Major, can we talk in a different place, I fear your men and you are going to be hunted down soon. The Emperor may think you are all dead from that large explosion but he will know sooner than later that you are still alive and he has many minions within close proximity of here. If you can get beyond the 1-70 it will be safer for you and your men that is if you want to get away from the Emperors control? I am sure that you may know the emperor is not quite human by now?” There are others of his kind and they look like humans.”

Phillip looked at his men and back at the Lieutenant who was quite dead. “How many of you want to stay in the Emperor’s control? This man speaks the truth about the Emperor not being a human and I’m not sure he was ever a human.” Sergeant Jorgen had pulled his pistol and was holding it by his side as he stood with the Major. Corporal Clint Walkson and Corporal Benny Landowski both moved to stand with the Major and the Sergeant. The remaining 7 men turned to climb back into the Troop carrier. Corporal Terry West merely stated, “we best be getting out of here Major before any of those Emperor men converge on us. We do not want to work for the thing you call the Emperor anymore.” “Walkson, you and Landowski drive and all of you lock and load, we may run into some opposition before we get across the I-70.” Phillip turned to the Sergeant that had told them to get away and said “you got any particular place in mind Sergeant? You can ride with sergeant Jorgen and me in the Hummer and lead us where it is a bit safer.” Private Rashish was hesitant as the others climbed into the back of the truck and the being that had taken control of him turned and ran at the Major. Sergeant Jorgen heard the screeching sound from the thing and shot it before it could reach the major. He had seen the dark aura around the man or being while they all stood around and wasn’t sure. The shot hit the thing in the chest and it went down. Everybody had turned when the pistol discharged and watched in horror as the being began to exit the private’s body and tried to get up. Jorgen shot it again in the head and it fell back dead this time. The creature had small eyes over two slits that could have been the breathing area and its mouth was large with what looked like piranha teeth. The body was bipedal and almost looked human shaped except for the scaly grayish skin. Phillip looked at the thing and the human body of the private, and then up at his men and said “anyone wanting to stay and fight for the Emperor can walk away from here but know that the thing you see in front of you here is what has taken over the Emperor. I suspect that there are many of these creatures in positions of control of the Army.” No one walked away but rather they all piled into the vehicles and found their way out of the nightmare that had taken control of the Army.

Sergeant Harold Bronsky told Sergeant Jorgen to turn north on the Monaco Street Pkwy. “We must avoid Quebec Street; it could be teaming with the Emperor’s minions. That is their eastern border.’ “We can get under the I-70 on this road but be on the lookout for minions. I am going to get in the turret.” Tom turned on the road and the Troop carrier followed. Phillip was in communication with Corporal Walkson and they were staying close together. The areas they drove by were empty of traffic and people. They came to the Railroad tracks and crossed over. They were one block north of the track when two hummers came from a side street and began chasing them. They began to shoot the mini guns at them as they drove north. Sergeant Bronsky could not fire back at them because the troop carrier was directly behind but someone was shooting from that vehicle. Tom slid the hummer over and Phillip told Corporal Walkson to get in front of them so they could use the mini gun on the two vehicles chasing them. Corporal Landowski stomped on the accelerator and the troop carrier zoomed by. Phillip told him to keep going north on the Monaco. Tom slid in behind the troop carrier and Bronsky began to fire the mini gun. The wild chase and shooting was ripping up the street which caused the Hummers following to bounce around. Harold yelled down that one of the hummers turned off and could be trying to get in front of them. The, I-70 overpass was approaching very quickly and they could see one of the heavy tanks sitting on the south side with its barrel rotating around to point at them.
Last edited by LostNFound on Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

The Tank swiveled around when they were still a good two hundred yards from the underpass and fired. The shell hit the street to their side as they drove by and soon enough went under the Freeway. On the far side when they came out they received some rounds of bullets from soldiers standing on the overpass. The troop carrier swerved and came to a stop about 100 yards past the overpass and the men inside jumped out and began shooting at the soldiers on the overpass and the one hummer that was still following Sergeant Jorgen. Tom did the same maneuver and the hummer spun into a slide and came around pointing back at the south. Bronsky had buckled himself in and shot the mini gun with accuracy, now that the vehicle was stationary. The bullets ripped into the front of the Hummer coming at them and caused it to swerve into a nearby building. The explosion was a large fireball with black smoke and secondary explosions from the ordinance aboard. Phillip could see the tank rolling up to the north side of the overpass and knew that with them being stationary, the tank would be able to target them easier. He told tom to get moving as the troop carrier was making its turn to continue north. Bronsky was firing the mini gun at the overpass as they watched the barrel on the tank drop toward them.

The troop carrier had come around and was speeding away north bound. Phillip watched in slow motion as the turret on the tank erupted and slid off the front of the chassis and fell to the street below. The explosion of the shell that was in the breech of the barrel shot streamers of steel and fire balls in many directions. The soldiers on the overpass were running and falling from the side as something was strafing the entire area with large rounds. Phillip could hear the distinct sound of the auto cannons. Tom had brought the hummer around and was moving away toward the north when the second hummer that had turned off before the overpass came off a side street and drove straight for them. Bronsky had been jostled around by the sudden actions of the hummer but he saw the enemy hummer coming from the side street before it turned onto the Monaco and drove straight at them. He fired the mini gun at the turret of the other hummer and the man that was manning the weapon fell back violently. The rounds blew out the windshield and the hummer swerved sideways and rolled over and over on its side. Tom had to swerve to keep from being hit by its rolling action and that caused Bronsky to slam up against the turret rail. Harold Bronsky felt the snap on his side as he hit the rail but the straps held him in the turret. He watched the other hummer roll about 4 times and come to a rest on its side in the street. As they drove north away from the devastation Harold watched as the hummer exploded and then he blacked out.

Tom hit the brakes and almost ran into the back of the troop carrier. The Street they were on had come to an end and many train tracks ran in front of them. He backed up and let the troop carrier back up and they drove through a large parking lot of a big warehouse to the west until they crossed a bank and wound up on another paved road. They wound their way around until they could cross the railway tracks and finally were able to get on the I-270 and from there they drove west until they hit the I-25 and turned north once again. Phillip told Tom to go as far north as the Longmont turnoff and there they could refuel. He did not know where they might find the Patriots but it was going to be a touchy business when they did find them, he was sure. If only he had some frequency he could use to call them on it would be a big help. Once they were on the I-25 he crawled back and up on the turret platform and found Sergeant Bronsky passed out. He was hoping the man could tell them where to go to join the Patriots or at least get some help. Corporal Walkson had called and told him that they had two men seriously wounded and they would need some real medical attention soon. Phillip told them that they were heading for the Longmont turnoff where they could refuel and maybe get some medical supplies.

Sergeant Major Jack Bollard and his 6 man crew watched from the cloaked chopper as the Parking structure blew up like a small nuclear bomb. Captain Hanks had to bank away from the area in a quick maneuver to keep from being knocked out of the air. They saw the Hummer and the troop carrier move down MLK Blvd and stop about 7 blocks from the blast then proceed to a place where two men were walking. They witnessed the death of two men and then the movement of vehicles to the north. Jack knew that Sergeant Harold Bronsky was still alive because the transponder was still active. He seemed to be with the two vehicles that were traveling north. They saw the other two hummers come from a side street and chase the troop carrier and the lead hummer. They watched the exchange of weapon firing and then saw the tank on the overpass of the I-70. That is when Jack decided to take action and told Hanks and Hawser to take it out. They did so and strafed the overpass as the two vehicles with Bronsky ran north and then were attacked by the other hummer. Jack wanted to contact Bronsky but knew it could be quite risky to give him away. He could see that the troop carrier and the hummer he was in were running from the Emperor’s minions so it would stand to reason that the soldiers in those vehicles could be deserting from the Emperor. He had been told that an off world entity or species had somehow taken control of the Emperor and was infesting itself into the Army that was under the toads control. He did not know where this entity or species had come from nor when they had shown up but it made the entire movement to take back the country a much more difficult thing now. They followed the two vehicles up the 25 and finally watched them turn off the Longmont overpass and drive into the big truck stop where the Patriots had a field headquarters. Bless the Divine Creator Jack thought, as he told Hanks to land.

Tom Jorgen hit the off ramp and at the top he turned to the west and crossed over the I-25. On the far side was a giant fuel station with a huge truck stop. There weren’t many trucks in the big parking lot but that was par for the course in this time period. The Emperor had damn near killed the trucking industry in the country. The Restaurant and the big stores were still open but then again not much traffic. Tom wondered how these places stayed open with such little traffic. He pulled the hummer up to the big store front and the Troop carrier pulled in beside him. Two men jumped out and hurried inside the store. Tom knew they were going to look for some medical supplies and hopefully some pain meds for the two men that were in serious condition. He jumped out and wanted to take a closer look at Sergeant Bronsky. He opened the back door and stepped into the area where Bronsky was lying. Major Vanstoffer had gotten out and headed for the store also. As he walked through the double glass doors he stopped. His two men had disappeared into the large store. God he thought, this place is huge. He walked further in and was going to look for Water and medical supplies. He knew that the sergeant had sustained a couple of broken ribs during the skirmish.

He walked along the front of the isles and looked at the marques above the isles to tell him what was in them. He saw the one that was labeled “Pharmaceuticals” and turned to go down it. He had grabbed a small basket when he first came in and now began to place the appropriate things in it as he walked along. At the end of the isle he was going to find the water and as he came around the corner he stopped suddenly. There were two men holding rifles pointed at him. Another man that he recognized as being a Sergeant Major stepped forward and took the basket from him. “Nice to see you Major Vanstoffer is it? Would you mind telling me where my Sergeant is and if he is alright?” Phillip did not hesitate. “Your man is in my hummer outside and we need to give him some medical attention so if you wouldn’t mind, that basket has what I think can help him for now until we can find some better medical help.” Jack Bollard smiled and handed the basket back to Phillip. “Well major, just so happens we have some excellent doctors available and if you would be so kind as to escort us out we can take Sergeant Bronsky to a medical area. Do you have any others that are wounded? We have two of your men and they seemed to be doing the same thing you are doing so perhaps we can help each other.” Phillip had to smile this time and said “follow me.” He walked up to the cash registers and the attendants waved him by.

The Sergeant Major had approached the hummer and looked inside to see his man Bronsky, Tom looked at the man and knew he was from the patriots. Jack looked at him and Bronsky and asked “how bad is he?” Tom looked at the man and almost smiled but held himself in check. “Well sir, he seems to have a couple of broken ribs but he is breathing alright. I think he may have taken a pretty good bonk on his head and could have a concussion. At the moment he is unconscious.” “How about you and the major here follow us over to the motel you see over there” and he pointed southward to the motel sign. “We got a couple of doctors that can take care of Sergeant Bronsky and perhaps the other men who are wounded.” Tom crawled out of the back and got behind the steering wheel and waited for the sergeant major to walk toward the motel. Phillip walked along with him and the two men that had held their rifles on him had slung the weapons over their shoulders and were following. The two men that had went into the store first came out with two other men and went to the troop carrier. They told Corporal Landowski to follow them and they all walked toward the motel. Landowski backed the truck up and followed slowly behind Tom. They pulled into the parking lot area and some other men came out and removed the injured men. Jack gathered the other men and asked them to follow him and a Captain to another building that looked like a restaurant. They all walked into the big dinning area and Jack went directly to another major that was sitting at a big table. Phillip led his men to the big table and stood, waiting for the major to speak.

Major Joseph Wheeler watched Jack Bollard walk through the doors with Captain Hanks and then the soldiers that had come from the city with sergeant Bronsky. He understood that these men had fought their way out of the city and away from the Emperor’s minions. Jack had already told him some of the action that had happened and Dan Killard along with Janice Halford had been rescued also from something worse than death. It seemed the aliens that had taken over the Emperor and infested the Army and god knew who else meant to inhabit this world and destroy the human life forms on it or so he had been told by some very deep undercover men and women. They did not know when the aliens had invaded and it was clear that they were very secret about it. The creatures could inhabit a human body and live inside whoever they took over. Joseph spoke to the men that stood just beyond the table and asked the major what his name was. Phillip stood with his men and said “Major Phillip Vanstoffer and this is Sergeant Tom Jorgen sir. We are here to ask if you can use some more men for the patriot army.” Joseph smiled and said “we can always use more men in this fight for our freedom and one could say now, the earth. As you might know we are being invaded by an off world species. Joseph asked all the men to sit and get some food. He had already got the clear from Jack about these men as they knew what the alien species sort of looked like when they inhabited a human body and they had killed a few of them and the actual aliens were very scary to look at. He wasn’t sure but had a feeling that they might eat humans. The damn things reminded him of Piranha in the Amazon, God they gave him nightmares.

Vinnie /Xishum Stra’ replaced the handset to the phone and smiled. He held the remote detonator and looked out his big window. Counting to himself he waited for a few moments and then pressed the small red button. He thought he could hear the distant explosion and imagined the mushroom cloud, a few less earthlings to deal with. Xishum Stra’ looked through the earthlings eyes at the hoard of earthlings on the grounds below him. He understood that they were soldiers of this earthling that he inhabited. It had taken him many Xzames to learn the language of the earthlings. He knew everything in this earthling’s history of existence. The earthling was a very ruthless being according to this world’s concept of treating other earthlings. The Xzanturs concepts of life was survival of the strongest first and foremost and to conquer any and all other species. This was the driving force behind the survival of the strongest and his species had conquered a large part of the planets and systems. Their ships were superior to most of the planets and systems they had conquered. Thus they had discovered this system and the only planet that seemed to have an intelligent life form. That was over two Xzoxem’s ago and his species had picked the first few Xzoxem’s to make the journey to this world in this part of the Great white system. They would leave their dying world in each 10 Xzamer’s to come across the vast distance to this world were they could conquer and have a new world to live on. The world and surrounding systems they were leaving would be subject to an exploding star within 2 Xzoxem’s so he was on the first ship and it had taken 2 Xzoxem’s to arrive. There would be many other ships making that journey and would arrive in the 10 Xzamer intervals. He knew his home world was destroyed by now so this world must be conquered. When the first ship had left on its long journey the intelligent beings on this world were in a state of early industrial culture and the Xzanturs were already far advanced and knew they could conquer this planet very easily. The plan was for the first ship to infiltrate and pave the way for the others as they arrived. They could easily seed themselves into these beings and as they did they could live as symbiotic hosts until the time came for them to discard the outer earthling carcass and be their natural selves. The other planets in this system could be utilized for habitation and they would use all of them and then spread to the neighboring systems to conquer such as they had done in their own system.

Xishum Stra’ was 1 Xzoxem old when he left on the first ship from Xxxzantur. The Xzanturs could live to be 5 Xzoxem’s before they died off or were put into the grinders for food. It had become necessary for the supreme leaders to start the grinding process well before that due to the impending destruction of their world. Until they took the action to leave the world many young Xzanturs did not survive past the first 2 Xzoxem. There was always the death of fighting in the consistent wars that was a way of life for his species. Without the forever war the planet and others would have long since ceased to exist. It was unfortunate that the other satellite worlds would not be spared. He had many egg mates on those worlds and he remembered fighting the wars against them when they tried to take the home world. The Home world was the only place where the long range ships were built. The outer planets had been denied the special designs and technologies to build their own ships and it split the Xzanturs. The wars had gone on up to the Xzame that his ship left and he suspected that they carried on well after. At this point he had no way of knowing how many other ships were in transit. The ship he came on could hold only around 300 of his species and that would mean that a hundred of them could be used for food to complete the journey. The ships would park in an outer orbit once they reached this planet and send the small ships down to the surface while the mother ship stayed in the concentric orbit. Once the other ships began to arrive they too would park in the orbit and there would be a connection of them to create a city although most would come to the planet to conquer and set up an eco system to sustain them. The supreme leaders had split their body up so that some would come on the first ship and so forth as others left until there were no more on the dying home planet. These Supremes would live on the mother ships until the entire world was conquered and then come and set up their giant egg/swarms in the great water bodies of this world. One of the reasons this world had been picked was the giant water bodies that teamed with food and the Leaders could live under the water and close to the land surface also.

Xishum Stra’ aka Vinnie heard the knock on the door. He merely spoke loudly through the Earthlings sound pipes, “Come.” The two earthlings that entered shuffled to his position at the Desk as it was called and stopped. Vinnie spoke to Agent Kamal Jagger and asked him for confirmation that the Major and his men had been destroyed in the blast that blew up the Parking structure. Kamal was gulping air and reluctant to speak so Vigo Sleshinger took the lead. “Your Excellency, It seems that the Major and his Sergeant left the parking structure on foot before calling you and their squad. According to Captain Kalashnikov, He and his co-pilot watched from a secure position as the Major and his men drove north and fought off our troops at the I-70 guard station, they destroyed one of our heavy battle tanks and two of our hummers in the process of escaping.” Vinnie the earthling jumped up from his chair and proceeded to swear vehemently. Xishum Stra’ was taken by surprise but could feel a very heated anger in this earthling’s body. It was almost identical to his reactions when his commands were not obeyed or a plan was not accomplished. He learned something at this point. This earthling or perhaps the earthlings had similar makeup to his species. Vinnie was swearing and almost screaming at the two agents. He pulled his pistol and shot Agent Kamal in the forehead. Vigo watched as Kamal flew backward and hit the floor. He was in abject fear that the Emperor was going to shoot him next but instead the man replaced his pistol and looked at him. “Agent Sleshinger, did the Captain say where these traitors escaped to, what direction they went?” “Yes your Excellency, the Captain said they drove to the I-25 and turned north. That is where he stopped following them. He was already in enemy territory and without the cloaking devices he did not want to take any chance of loosing a chopper to the patriots.” Vinnie shook his head and continued to swear under his breath. He finally told Vigo to remove the body and that he was in charge now. Xishum was hungry and would like to eat the earthling body but knew that would cause real suspicion. He spoke to the earthling that had just been ordered to remove the body and made the one he possessed change his mind. “On second thought agent Sleshinger, put the body in that room over there and I will get someone else to remove it. Vigo was confused and something was yelling at him inside. He picked up Agent Jagger by his feet and dragged the body to the room that the Emperor told him to. The blood on the floor had formed a puddle and smeared along the floor as he dragged the dead agent to the room. The Emperor told him to find the maintenance man and have him come up to clean the blood away. “We still have him at least don’t we?” “Yes your Excellency, The man still roams the building.” “Good now get him and tell the other agents to be on extra guard duty.” Vigo hurried out and almost ran the corridor to the headquarters. Another man down, he thought. I think we are all going to die before this is over.

Time in the Xzanturs universe
Xzam = hour
Xzame = day
Xzrim = month
Xzamer = year
Xzoxem = century or 100 years
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

INTERLUDE:

I thought to inform all the good folks that have been reading this epic trilogy of a story, that I have decided to start the fourth book. I have gone back and created the chapter listings and named the book EMPEROR’S AND ALIENS because it seemed to lend itself to a bit of the ending of this story. The first book I and some others collaborated on wound up being written by mostly just two of us and ran into around 386 pages, before moving into the second book. That book is called THE SPIRIT OF HAVA. I had no idea where that book was going when I first began to write it with the others but my over active imagination seemed to carry me well into it.

The second book called THE CHILDREN OF PARADISE was written after I had written a number of chapters into the third book. The partner in writing I had in the first book had begun a few chapters in the second book but alas, she had many other ventures to do and informed me that she could not write anymore. I continued to write the third book for a space and then decided that the second book needed to be written. I placed the third book on the shelf and proceeded to take the second book into its 460 page fantasy. I must say that the second book was a real eye opener for me because I truly began to learn more about writing. It took me a little over a year to write that book I must say and it was a huge amount of fun.

I brought that second book to a close and truly I could have written more to it because it did split off to other worlds, of which I will write more perhaps in the fourth book. So I finally came back to the third book which had set on the shelf and begged me to write more. The name for that book fell off the top shelf and bonked me so I called it A WORLD OF HEALING and picked up where I had left off. Now I had the first two books behind me and it gave me more material to use in the third book. I must say that I got carried away with this third book and it took me into areas that are part of my past. So the fiction and fantasy does show through with some truth. Getting carried away has brought this third book to a whopping 518 pages. The ending to the third book is the chapter that is called THOMAR AND BOUDREAUX’S WATERLOO, THE DEAD DIMENSION. I thought that would be fitting to end the third book. So anyway, I have already posted at least 4 chapters into the fourth book as of today so one can backtrack to Page 57 of this thread and see the beginning of book four. As I stated above this book is called EMPEROR’S AND ALIENS a fitting title I hope because it does expose Vinnie Crumholtz who has been a character throughout all the books. It is introducing more aliens of which there are some in book three that will hopefully flow into this final book. So thank you for this moment and your interest in my attempt to write a very long story. I hope to continue with the fourth book and tie all this together.

One that enjoys the thrills and bumps in life, LostNFound :D :)
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

5 THE FINAL BATTLE PART 1 LONGMONT TRUCK STOP

Major Joseph Wheeler stood looking at the quickly constructed battle map board while he sipped on his coffee. Two Generals had shown up the day before and were both studying the map board also. General Justin Walker looked at the last two sites of action and asked “have the minions filled in this barricade that was destroyed yet?” General Kenneth Andersen looked at the hole in the eastern border and wondered the same thing. Through the past few months of concentrated surveillance, the Patriots had been able to get a good handle on the amount of troops and artillery along with the heavy armor and light armor vehicles that the Emperor had stationed around the well guarded rectangle that protected the Capitol and what was called the Palace. They did not know for sure if the Emperor had any choppers with cloaking devices but were able to count at least 18 choppers sitting within the first wall system that had been erected around the palace. A few choppers at a time would fly up and around the outer area that was heavily guarded by the minions since the Emperor began pulling his troops into the rectangle area. “I think that man or whatever it is knows we are closing in on him.” Kenneth stated. “We have been killing the invaders more and more these days across the country. It seems those beings inhabited many high officials plus the police and high up military personnel in some of the bigger cities. The ongoing battle to stop them has spread too many people that live in those places.” Justin and Joseph both asked a question that was on everyone’s mind these days. Actually there were many questions on everyone’s mind. Joseph was first. “Kenneth, have we heard anything from any of the other countries yet, on how this invasion is being handled, and how the Emperors and Government corruption is being taken down also?”

Kenneth Andersen looked at the two men and wished he could give a complete positive answer to them. He knew that they knew a certain amount of info but he was the one that was on the move and had already made two complete trips around the world. The Patriot movement had spread through out the world by now and it had quickly grown to a point of overwhelming the corrupt governments and the minions that worked for them. There was a force of young people that seemed to have special powers and they were growing along with the patriots. Apparently they had set up small learning centers to teach people how to use their given abilities that had been locked away and forgotten so long ago. “Joseph, let me be the first to say that you are doing a great job with this Emperor and his minions. We have seen many folk deserting the control of him and joining the Patriot movement.” He turned slightly as three men walked in from the outer area. Joseph said, “Excuse us Kenneth, these are three men fighting the zones around the Palace. General Andersen and General Walker, I would like you to meet Lieutenant Rodney Turner, Major Phillip Vanstoffer, who by the way has just joined us, another one of those that has abandoned his enslavement to the Emperor, and Sergeant Major Jack Bollard.” Kenneth and Justin both knew Jack Bollard very well. They had been trained by him in hand to hand combat and both of them said “Hello Jack, it’s been awhile.” Jack acknowledged them and stood at the table. They all greeted each other and Joseph explained that Kenneth was giving a SITREP of the conditions around the country and the world.

“Well gentlemen, as I was saying, the children that are teaching the people how to use their inborn abilities are doing a great job. We understand that there has been a great deal of nuclear bombs and missiles taken out of existence. The old D.U.M.B.’s have hit a real snag in their existence also and this goes for around the world. So in that respect gentlemen, we seem to be winning.” Kenneth took a long sip on his coffee before he continued. “Here is a bit of real positive news and it is a long time coming. We all know that the mad little toad that calls himself an Emperor had decided to try and take back the country of Texas. His mad scheme was doomed from the start but his psychosis forced him to go for it anyway.” Kenneth shook his head, took another sip of his coffee and proceeded. “Needless to say, that every attempt to invade Texas has failed with some bazaar results. President Sam Houston has told me that the Emperor has lost a rather large force from Oklahoma and another from Louisiana. Those large forces seemed to have disappeared from this earth without a shot ever being fired, can’t say as I am concerned. The two Generals that commanded those forces were psychopaths just like the Emperor. So anyway, a sizable amount of armor, artillery, small light armor and choppers went with them, not to mention at least two Brigades of troops.” Jack had to speak up; I understand that some folks from a place called the Haven had a big hand in helping President Houston with that entire fiasco?” “Yes Jack, some more of the folks that are like the children with those magical ways I suspect.” The door opened again from the outside and everyone turned to look at the little girl that was dressed in a General’s uniform.

Alice was still at the base camp in the Rockies getting ready to join the forces on the southern side of the Emperors outer line of defense in Denver when she heard about the meeting at the HQ of the Longmont Truck Stop. Most of the Patriots had left already to form a ring around the Emperors forces. Tamara and Alisha were at the Haven and getting ready to go and set up some learning centers at other places. She had chosen to remain with the patriots who would be taking the Emperor down in the final battle. She turned into the no-time and back out in the restaurant just outside the HQ. She knew about the alien species that had quietly infested themselves into the high ranking humans in places all over the earth and she could see them plainly as they really were. Most humans could only recognize them due to the ebony eyes and the darkness around the person they inhabited. That information had been spread quickly around the world to the patriots who in turn began to inform the people in the cities and towns. She stepped into the room and said “Gentlemen, do you mind if I join you for this briefing?” Joseph looked at her and smiled. “I see that word reached you, I was hoping you would get it soon enough and I knew you could make it as soon as you heard.” Alice walked over to the table and levitated high enough to see the 3D map. The other generals and men acknowledged her presence except for Major Vanstoffer. He was astounded by the little child that was dressed as a Major General and when she walked over and levitated it made his eyes grow wider. He finally spoke, “Is this one of those children that you all have spoken about that has magical powers?”

Alice looked at the man and smiled. She had not seen him before but knew that he was trusted by the very fact of being in this room. She read his mind and heart and could see and feel that he was a genuine patriot that had just been placed in the wrong camp at a time in the past. She could see that he had some very good INTEL about the troops and the Emperor’s situation. “Major Vanstoffer, may I call you Phillip? It seems we have not met yet and I am called Alice.” Phillip moved around the table and stood eye to eye with the little girl. He reached out his hand and offered a shake. Alice smiled even deeper and took his hand and shook it. “Phillip it is then, first off, I am not magic, and neither is any one else that comes from the Haven or the Bus. We are just humans that have chosen to come back from a place we call the no-time to help with the healing of this world that has become very sick. I would like to meet your men that came with you and then we can talk about the things you all have locked away in your minds and souls. I think for now we should let Kenneth continue his briefing.”

Kenneth had to smile. He had only met this child once and it had been a wonderful experience. He was given something that he had forgotten and it opened his mind up to other doors that were locked. “Thank you General Alice, It is a pleasure to see you again.” He turned back to the others and said “now where was I, oh yeah, the Emperors loss of man and machine power. He also lost another General on the New Mexico southern border. General Sanchez also went missing and his base that was located in Carlsbad is still being dismantled by the civilians that live in that city. I was told that the man lost most of his Choppers, Armor and Artillery, Not to mention a sizable chunk of his troops. It is noted that there were a good amount that deserted the Emperor and became Texans. The Mexican border has been quiet for a few months also and it seems that the army down there may be disbanding due to monetary reasons. We don’t know for sure but we do know that the Emperor of Mexico has been taken over by one of those alien beings. He could be building the military up somewhere we can’t see at the moment so we are keeping a close watch on all of that.” Kenneth looked at Justin Walker and nodded to him to give his Information at this point.

Justin Walker had been staring at the board that showed Denver and its outskirts. He had been in the Canadian province/country for the past month himself with a group of Special Forces roving with the patriot armies of Canada. It appeared that the Nations Capitol City, Ottawa was the most infested with the Aliens and its Prime Minister was completely taken over. “The Nation of Canada has been taken over by the alien beings and the armies of the Prime Minister are in ferocious battles as we speak with the Patriot people. The Leaders of each Province are falling and as they do the Aliens are dropping the bodies and fleeing. We are not sure where they are going but some think they are going back to their mother ship which we have been keeping a watch on through the long range telescopes. It would seem they have taken up a concentric orbit about 100, 000 miles beyond the moons orbit. There is one big ship as of now. We do not know if there are others out there somewhere. We have managed to shoot down a few of the smaller ships that have come in or taken off from the planet but we can’t get to them fast enough to examine before they are destroyed. They do seem to have a shield on those ships but we have been able to penetrate it with the short range missiles. It just takes a lot of them to get through and that is a problem. We could exhaust our supply sooner than later and then we are dead in the water.” Kenneth asked if we knew when these beings first showed up in the system. Justin had to say, “We are not sure when and how long ago precisely, this species showed up but it is a good bet they have been here for at least a year, at least that is what we have been able to discern.” Joseph asked “has anyone been able to see what these things look like in their natural state?” Major Vanstoffer interjected at this point and described the aliens as he and his men saw one after it had been killed. Jack gave a whistle and had to ask how the hell did these things take over the human body and still look like a human?

Alice had listened to all the talk and spoke to her sisters in the mind. Tamara and Alisha both could see the aliens just like Alice could and knew that this species could absorb themselves into the human body like a symbiotic worm and live in the human body without exposing their true bodies unless the human body was injured or died or even had a bad emotional episode. Tamara told her that the Haven folk were beginning to move through out the world now and removing the Aliens. They had a Mother ship that they would go back to when they were chased out of the humans. The biggest problem with all this was the Humans would die when the aliens vacated. Hava and Luun were working to stop the invasion and both of them had mentioned a fleet of these beings on their way to this system. They were spaced in a decade of time for each ship to arrive. Hava had said that their entire system and some surrounding systems had been destroyed by a double sun that went supernova and they had gathered who they could on their home world and began to travel to the Sol system to conquer it. They had left over 2 centuries ago in 10 year periods and would arrive in those increments. The one ship in orbit was the first one to arrive and began to seed themselves into the humans that were of power and high positions. This all happened when Hava and Luun and the others of the Haven were on missions to remove the corrupt people that controlled very strategic areas and had possession of world destroying weapons. The Aliens were very stealthy and came in under the radar so to speak. It had taken a few months earlier to recognize an alien species had inhabited humans. By then the aliens had infiltrated a large number of humans in high positions. She had all this in mind when Jack asked his question again. “Can anyone give me a good clear answer as to what we are truly dealing with and perhaps a way to remove them with out destroying half the population of this world? I ask again how is it that these things can inhabit a human body without being noticed to begin with. Yeah I know we can recognize them by a dark aura around the humans but we need a better solution to remove them or at least send them packing away from our system.”

Return to “Express yourself”