HTML tutorial HTML tutorial

Heart to Heart to Win

"I feel like everything is inspired by something else. There is no 100 percent original thought."
Ne-Yo
Spiritwind

Heart to Heart to Win

Postby Spiritwind » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:09 pm

Heart to Heart to Win

I've decided to start this thread for stories that touch our hearts deeply. Since we've been discussing love on another thread it seems like a nice continuation of this theme. Sometimes it's easier to tell our stories about how that illusive something we call love has touched us than it is to narrow it down into some kind of dictionary type definition. Bottom line, apparently, is love "just is"...

Thanks to all you crazy diamonds who just continue to shine in the ever growing darkness of this world. Diamonds form under intense heat and pressure, and are incredibly durable and hard. Beautiful too. Something to think about.

https://www.facebook.com/Kumara.Meditat ... =3&theater

Freedom and Jeff...

“Freedom and I have been together 11 years this summer. She came in as a baby in 1998 with two broken wings. Her left wing doesn't open all the way even after surgery, it was broken in 4 places. She's my baby. When Freedom came in she could not stand and both wings were broken. She was emaciated and covered in lice. We made the decision to give her a chance at life, so I took her to the vet's office. From then on, I was always around her. We had her in a huge dog carrier with the top off, and it was loaded up with shredded newspaper for her to lay in. I used to sit and talk to her, urging her to live, to fight; and she would lay there looking at me with those big brown eyes. We also had to tube feed her for weeks. This went on for 4-6 weeks, and by then she still couldn't stand. It got to the point where the decision was made to euthanize her if she couldn't stand in a week. You know you don't want to cross that line between torture and rehab, and it looked like death was winning. She was going to be put down that Friday, and I was supposed to come in on that Thursday afternoon. I didn't want to go to the center that Thursday, because I couldn't bear the thought of her being euthanized; but I went anyway, and when I walked in everyone was grinning from ear to ear. I went immediately back to her cage; and there she was, standing on her own, a big beautiful eagle. She was ready to live. I was just about in tears by then. That was a very good day. We knew she could never fly, so the director asked me to glove train her. I got her used to the glove, and then to jesses, and we started doing education programs for schools in western Washington . We wound up in the newspapers, radio (believe it or not) and some TV. Miracle Pets even did a show about us.

In the spring of 2000, I was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. I had stage 3, which is not good (one major organ plus everywhere), so I wound up doing 8 months of chemo. Lost the hair – the whole bit. I missed a lot of work. When I felt good enough, I would go to Sarvey and take Freedom out for walks. Freedom would also come to me in my dreams and help me fight the cancer. This happened time and time again. Fast forward to November 2000 the day after Thanksgiving, I went in for my last checkup. I was told that if the cancer was not all gone after 8 rounds of chemo, then my last option was a stem cell transplant. Anyway, they did the tests; and I had to come back Monday for the results. I went in Monday, and I was told that all the cancer was gone. So the first thing I did was get up to Sarvey and take the big girl out for a walk. It was misty and cold. I went to her flight and jessed her up, and we went out front to the top of the hill. I hadn't said a word to Freedom, but somehow she knew. She looked at me and wrapped both her wings around me to where I could feel them pressing in on my back (I was engulfed in eagle wings), and she touched my nose with her beak and stared into my eyes, and we just stood there like that for I don't know how long . That was a magic moment. We have been soul mates ever since she came in. This is a very special bird.

On a side note: I have had people who were sick come up to us when we are out, and Freedom has some kind of hold on them. I once had a guy who was terminal come up to us and I let him hold her. His knees just about buckled and he swore he could feel her power course through his body. I have so many stories like that. I never forget the honor I have of being so close to such a magnificent spirit as Freedom.”
May the song from within come forth, Expressing itself as it may
With nary a thought or worry, For how else to spend the day
- by Me : )

Spiritwind

Re: Heart to Heart to Win

Postby Spiritwind » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:08 pm

Here's another outstanding story that should give anyone pause for thought. I've rescued many bees who had the misfortune to land in the goats water buckets but never even thought of doing this!

Woman’s Unlikely Friendship With Injured Bumblebee Has People Scratching Their Heads
By Evelyn H. Armstrong

http://honesttopaws.com/woman-finds-wingless-bumblee/
Bees play a crucial role in the life cycle of plants. Without bees transferring pollen from one flower to another, those plants wouldn’t be able to reproduce. That makes bees downright essential when it comes to the world around us.

Still, while most people can agree that bees are critical to the natural world, not everyone enjoys spending a lot of time around them. Preconceived notions about insects—not to mention, the very real fear of stings—keeps people away from bumblebees, who are totally harmless! But one woman just might change all that with her unusual story…

Fiona Presly had been gardening outside of her home in Scotland one afternoon when she noticed something a little bit unusual. At her feet sat a very large bumblebee. The poor creature seemed confused and disoriented. As an avid nature lover, Fiona wanted to keep her safe, so she scooped her up.

Fiona realized that this wasn’t just any bumblebee; she was the queen of her hive! Worried that someone might step on the queen, Fiona delicately placed her on a flower. Then she noticed something strange about the bee: “She had no wings,” noted Fiona.

Fiona hoped that the bee would find her way back to her hive, but when she checked on her a couple of hours later, the queen had not moved at all. Still wanting to help, Fiona brought the bee some sugar water and considered her options.

Others would have left the bee to die, but not Fiona. She knew there was a storm coming, and she couldn’t leave the flightless bee exposed to the elements. She made a bold move that many would never even think of: she invited the queen into her own house!

I took her inside that night, kept her warm and fed her more,” Fiona said. “I thought I would put her out the next day, but the weather was bad then too. So I kept her inside.” Clearly, Fiona was more worried about the queen’s well-being than about getting stung.

The next day, Fiona contacted the Bumblebee Conservation Trust. She wanted more information about this queen’s condition. They speculated that she’d caught a virus early on in her life, which inhibited the growth of her wings. The chances of the bee surviving this way in the wild were very slim.

After learning about the bee’s sorry state, Fiona decided to do something pretty amazing. “I made a garden for her,” she said. As this friendship began to grow, Fiona also gave her new pet a name—Bee! A name fit for a queen, of course.

In order to get the pollen she needed to survive, Fiona learned, Bee had to walk from flower to flower. Fiona created an enclosed garden with netting to keep other winged creatures from getting access to Bee’s private slice of heaven.

Every day, Fiona would check in on her new friend, Bee. On days when the little queen seemed a little sluggish or out of sorts, Fiona provided her with a small cup of sugar water to perk up. Then, something totally unexpected began to happen…

Over time, as Fiona began to approach the garden to check on her new wingless pet, Bee would emerge to visit her. Soon it was clear to Fiona that Bee was actually looking forward to their visits!

“She’d walk toward me and crawl on my hand,” said Fiona. “She seemed so happy to see me. It made me stop and think—there’s something going on here.” Was Bee really able to recognize her loving caretaker?

It was like her whole being came to life. I think she liked the fact that she wasn’t alone,” Fiona said of Bee’s behavior. “I think she thrived on company, even from another species. They are naturally sociable creatures. That would be in their instinct.

It wasn’t just Bee who loved Fiona; the feeling was mutual. “We were quite comfortable with each other,” Fiona said. “There were things going on with this bee that were quite something.” She loved observing her little friend at work in the garden each day.

In the wild, a queen bumblebee spends the spring and summer building a nest and doing what queen bees do—mating and starting a colony of her own before passing away in the early autumn months. Thanks to Fiona’s care, Bee lived for much longer…

Although Fiona was able to extend Bee’s life, she couldn’t make the creature immortal. After enjoying five months of each other’s company, Bee passed away in her sleep while resting on Fiona’s hand.

“I was sad when she died, but I knew it was going to happen. She was already older than she should have been,” said Fiona. “It had been very special to stay with a wee creature, like Bee. The fact that she lived more than just a few weeks amazed me. That was rewarding in itself.”

Fiona made sure to bury Bee in the place where they met—her garden. She also made sure that one of Bee’s favorite flowers was buried along with her. It was a touching testimony to their unique friendship.

Bee made a lasting impression on Fiona. “Now I view all insects in a different light. It’s changed my perception of what insects are like,” she said. “I think there’s an awful lot we don’t know.” How incredible that these two souls could form such an intense bond!

Behavioral ecologist Lars Chittka thought that Fiona might’ve been on to something when it came to bees’ potential for emotional attachment. “Sometimes it takes an outsider’s careful observations, such as Mrs. Presly’s, to generate fresh views and prompt important questions.”

While science still has a lot to learn about bees and how they relate to human beings, it’s clear that the bond between Fiona and Bee was absolutely real. They were both so lucky to find each other!

Isn’t it amazing how fate has a way of intervening in everyday situations? If Fiona wasn’t gardening that day, she and Bee might never have met. Thank goodness that they did—and this unique friendship got the time it needed to flourish!

Spiritwind

Postby Spiritwind » Tue May 08, 2018 3:10 pm

I am posting this here because of an odd synchronicity. And I do believe we are, or at least can be, having a spiritual experience as we go through life that transcends the physical and is hard to put into words. It's an active and dynamic, ever flowing, experience that doesn't really have a destination. It's simply a way of living here in this reality, but my realization of this truth has made my experience here more enjoyable, regardless of whatever else is going on.

We are having a Spiritual Experience

Apr 26
by Jon Rappoport

https://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2018 ... xperience/
April 26, 2018

Recent events, about which I won’t go into detail, have caused me to say, we are having a spiritual experience.

And we are learning what that experience is.

Certain people, extraordinary people, show us qualities that transcend life.

These qualities, courage and love.

In the common arena where we all live, there are sufferings, but we can see that certain people transcend that. They come here, not only with a message, but with how they live. And how they live is greater than this life.

These people—there are many more of them than we ordinarily suppose.

This spiritual experience we are having—it is something we are learning about. I want to repeat that, because I’m not talking about something that appears and then is final. We are, if we are aware, learning.

Courage and love transcend this life we are living in the common arena.

The person who has shown me that is my wife, Laura Thompson. I have been learning about her for the 21 years we have been married. I have been learning about the scope and nature of her courage and love.

It is not easy for a person to live in this world on the side of love. To travel this life with love results in disappointments. But to continue, despite what happens, no matter what the world says or does, is majestic and beautiful. It is also transcendent.

And that is the living proof that there is a spiritual experience beyond this life as we are living it.

I believe, no matter who you are, that you have known a person who embodies this living proof.

Here and now.

As we learn, we come across “divisions” between the life we are living and the greater live we perceive. A major part of the learning is accepting that division.

There is a resolution. We come to it by degrees.

There are strengths in both the life we are living and the greater life we glimpse, perceive, and experience.

We come across great souls. They may be invisible to us for a time, even as we respond to them. But in time, we see more of them and who they are. And as we do, we see ourselves—what we can be. We see that what we can be is a natural extension of what we presently are doing.

As for myself, even as I feel my greatest love for Laura, I know it is only a part of what I will feel, as I learn more, in this spiritual experience I’m having.

As I learn more about her. As I live my life next to hers and as we have our endless life together.

Veils lifted from the heart and mind and eyes.

Jon Rappoport

Spiritwind

Postby Spiritwind » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:34 pm

This is a story that actually happened to me that I may have referred to before. I can’t remember anymore. When someone is moved to do something self-less for another I think they often don’t even know how powerful what they are doing is, or why they feel compelled to act. I will never know what was really going on in Joey’s mind when he did what he did, but the story is one that still warms my heart when I think about it.

Joey was a young man who was primarily a box boy at the local grocery store I worked at. He had recently graduated from high school, and it turns out he did so without having really learned how to read. We found this out when we would send him for a price check on various items. He was also quite flirtatious, but was one of those guys who was never taken seriously as his handicap kept people from seeing who he really was. So he was also lonely, and I found out later had grown up with a physically and emotionally abusive father.

On May 4, 1991 many of the employees I worked with, along with myself, attended a gathering at the local VFW to continue celebrating the bookkeeper’s wedding that day. I admit I had downed a couple of quite shots of tequila and had a beer to go with them, but remember jumping in my pickup from the passenger side, because the driver’s door didn’t open, faster than my good friend who came out to leave at the same time. I did not feel I was overly intoxicated and was not having any trouble driving home. As I started into a rather sharp corner another car came up fast behind me with their brights on and I was temporarily blinded, caught some of the gravel in the shoulder of the road and lost control of my vehicle. I did not have my seatbelt on and was literally thrown through the windshield as my pickup hit a road sign and continued to roll over. It really is a miracle I survived this accident at all, especially without one broken bone. The offending vehicle new it had contributed to an accident but continued to keep driving as if nothing had happened.

Fortunately my friend who had left the same time I did came up, saw what happened, and stopped to help. I had sustained a considerable amount of internal damage and minor cuts and bruises. I admit, sometimes I am dumber than a box of rocks (I have actually conversed with some pretty smart rocks, btw). At this time in my life I didn’t fully realize it, but was very reckless with my life because I didn’t want to be here. Which really was stupid as I had two young boys to care for who would have been thoroughly traumatized had they lost their mother then. I was a single parent, though, and seriously struggling to make ends meet on a minimum wage job and no outside support of any kind.

My vehicle was totaled and I was unable to work for over a month due to my injuries. Even then I was only able to work part time and was in considerable pain. Fortunately I did have someone around to help care for me during this time. And I was able to get ahold of another vehicle to drive. But the tires were bald on it and there was no way I could buy new ones. When winter came it was becoming downright dangerous for me to drive. I kept driving anyway because I felt I had to. And, so I drove to our yearly employee Christmas party one night in December and was having a fun time playing games and visiting with everyone. I remember we each had to bring a small inexpensive gift to exchange. Anyway, we are almost done with the gift exchange when I hear my name called. I was called up to the front of the room, not having a clue.

I must have looked like a game show contestant, because next thing ya know Joey is there standing in front of four brand new tires with a bow on them that somehow I didn’t notice before. He had bought me four brand new tires for my car! And I did literally jump up and down with my hand over my mouth in dis-belief. What on earth moved him to do such a thing? Someone with so little to give, to do something so big, still amazes me when I think about it to this day. If I told this story before, I apologize, but it think it’s worth sharing again. And I doubt he will ever think or realize just how much it meant to me. Thank you Joey, wherever you are today!

Spiritwind

Postby Spiritwind » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:19 pm

Interesting how the winged ones seem to have so much to teach us. This is not really new, but here is another story to warm the heart.

https://youtu.be/XiUO1BR0WEk

Return to “Inspiration and Food for Thought”