AI Engineering bluff work?

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
-Albert Einstein
neonblue

AI Engineering bluff work?

Post by neonblue »

When I see articles like this one celebrating the potentialities of AI technologies I get an involuntary shrug of disdain. This kind of robotic engineering mimmicking nature so deftly, is broadcast in our midst as though this is the apex of what exists. Along with many others, my inner vision has shown evidence of far more advanced bio-hybrid AI, that replicate multiple forms in nature here on Earth, out in the cosmos and multidimensionally. The veil is thinning allowing for permeations of the existence and consciousness of beings from either side of it - that were previously under our radar thresholds. As this facility grows, the true nature/origins of hybrid AI will have us fully encounter (and have the capacity to adjudicate) the pit falls and folly versus the grace and evolutionary vistas of human/alien technological enterprise.

Though evidentially, presently we are being groomed to be in awe-full acceptance of these 'wonders' - rather than to question and see inherent nefarious evils. Converesly, we can prime ourselves to formulate sovereign understandings re any real aquisitions for our advancement or beneficial communion with advanced alien species that are Masters of 'it' / or are intrinsically AI by cosmological design.

Nefarious | Define Nefarious at Dictionary.com
dictionary.reference.com/browse/nefarious
1595-1605; < Latin nefārius wicked, vile, equivalent to nefās offense against divine or moral law ( ne- negative prefix + fās law, right) + -ius -ious, with ...

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 162446.htm

"This international collaboration of biologists and roboticists has not only looked into nature to develop a novel, semi-aquatic bioinspired robot that performs an new extreme form of robotic locomotion, but has also provided us with new insights on the natural mechanics at play in water striders," said Wyss Institute Founding Director Donald Ingber, M.D., Ph.D.

A taste of the level of recent 'public' debate that discusses Q's like Transhumanism in the AI equation:
** Note the findings on female intelligence ;)

Spiritwind

Re: AI Engineering bluff work?

Post by Spiritwind »

Kentucky Man Shoots Down Drone Spying on 16-year-old Daughter

http://www.dailydot.com/technology/kent ... -shooting/
Where should we draw the line between the advancement of technology and the protection of personal privacy? For one Kentucky man, his property line is where he gets to make the call, and he made that point of view perfectly clear when he pointed his shotgun at a drone hovering in his backyard and pulled the trigger.

"It was just right there. It was hovering. I would never have shot it if it was flying," William Merideth said in an interview with Ars Technica. "When he came down with a video camera right over my back deck, that's not going to work."

Merideth claims that the drone was first spotted hovering over his neighbor's house—a claim his neighbor confirms—and he had no intentions of taking any actions against it until it entered onto his own property. Merideth's 16-year-old daughter was laying out by their pool at the time, and when the drone pilot decided to stop his vehicle and get an electronic eyeful, he decided enough was enough.

The homeowner fetched his shotgun and pumped three helpings of birdshot into the $1,800 drone, taking it out of the air in short order. Shortly thereafter, the drone pilot and three of his friends arrived at Merideth's property.

"If you cross that sidewalk onto my property, there's going to be another shooting," Merideth says he told the men.

The police eventually arrived and Merideth was charged with first-degree criminal mischief and first-degree wanton endangerment, both related to his discharge of the firearm. The 47-year-old Merideth is confident that the charges will be reduced or thrown out entirely once his trial date arrives.

Update 11:31am, Aug. 1: Following the original news story, the drone pilot has come forward with what he claims is the flight data of the trip that ended in disaster. Speaking with Kentucky's WDRB, the drone's operator, David Boggs, has provided a video record of the drone's movements on the date of the incident, appearing to show that the vehicle was over 200 feet in the air at the time it was shot down. Boggs also claims that he was flying his drone in the area to film a friend's home, and that his trip over Merideth's property had nothing to do with his daughter being outside.

We will continue to update this story should any new details emerge.

Here is a couple more links on this topic.

http://www.popsci.com/article/technolog ... ect-drones

https://news.vice.com/article/how-the-p ... ving-lives
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Those public talks they have, like TED, it's the spook version of a military parade.
(Thanks for standing up to it)

It's very sad how even some of our senators and congressmen/women have been targeted,
remember the Petraeus thing?
Psyops against senators -- a person doing that would have to be very evil,
and have no loyalty to the country at all :(

Thanks for standing up to this stuff!
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

Here's a couple more zingers on this topic. When this stuff comes up on my Facebook feed like its a good thing, I always find myself cringing inside. I can't be the only one who doesn't exactly feel like embracing this brave new world.

Company Plans To Resurrect Humans With Artificial Intelligence

http://www.iflscience.com/brain/company ... nce-2045-0

A company has announced its intention to resurrect the dead by storing their memories and using artificial intelligence to return them to life. In the future, of course.

Yeaaaaaah. What?

The company is called Humai, and at the moment, it is pretty sparse on details – and we're still not sure it's not a marketing ploy or a hoax. At any rate, the company says they want to store the “conversational styles, behavioral patterns, thought processes and information about how your body functions from the inside-out” on a silicon chip using AI and nanotechnology, according to their website.

This information would then be “coded into multiple sensor technologies, which will be built into an artificial body with the brain of a deceased human.” Their words, not ours.

In an interview with PopSci, Humai CEO and founder Josh Bocanegra said they “believe we can resurrect the first human within 30 years.” He also elaborated on the process, saying they would use cryonics technology to freeze and store a brain after death, keeping it safe until the technology is ready to insert it into an artificial body.

Quite what these artificial bodies will be is unknown, while the logistics of copying someone’s stored neural information is obviously very much science fiction at the moment. The company seems confident though, even going so far as to suggest that death could one day be optional with their method.

Speaking to IEET, Bocanegra added that while other AI companies are attempting to make virtual versions of people after they die, his was the first to actually bring people back to life. “I don’t think tombstones, photos, videos, or even our own memories are the best ways to remember someone who has passed,” he said. “Instead, I think an artificially intelligent version of your loved one, whom you can interact with via text and voice, is more desirable.”

This is definitely one company you’ll want to keep an eye on over the next few years to see if they make any significant progress towards their rather lofty goal. Or if it's simply an advert for a sequel to Spielberg's "AI."

Self-healing ‘electronic skin’ may not be sci-fi much longer

http://www.israel21c.org/self-healing-e ... ch-longer/
Israeli scientists used a new synthetic polymer to develop a self-healing, flexible sensor that mimics the self-healing properties of human skin.

Imagine an artificial skin that heals itself. Imagine a prosthetic limb that has a sense of touch.

These incredible advances are a step closer to reality thanks to chemical engineering researchers at the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology in Haifa.

Inspired by the natural healing properties of human skin, Prof. Hossam Haick and postdoctoral researcher Tan-Phat Huynh used a new kind of synthetic polymer to develop a self-healing, flexible sensor.

Flexible sensors have already been developed for use in consumer electronics, robotics, healthcare and space flight. However, these sensors are easily damaged. Several scientific groups have succeeded in synthesizing self-healing materials but have not succeeded in integrating them into working devices.

The Israelis therefore experimented with a new material that can be integrated into flexible devices to “heal” incidental scratches or damaging cuts that might otherwise compromise the functionality of the device.

Beyond devices, however, the sensor’s self-healing properties could be incorporated into electronic skin of the future, giving it the critical ability to “heal” itself in less than a day. Theoretically, sensors could also be built into prostheses that would allow wearers to feel changes in their environment.

Haick — the well-known inventor of such futuristic advances as the NaNose cancer sensor — and Huynh published a paper outlining the characteristics and applications of the unique self-healing sensor in the journal Advanced Materials.

Stronger with each healing

“The vulnerability of flexible sensors used in real-world applications calls for the development of self-healing properties similar to how human skin heals,” said Haick. “Accordingly, we have developed a complete, self-healing device in the form of a bendable and stretchable chemi-resistor where every part — no matter where the device is cut or scratched — is self-healing.”

The Israeli sensor platform is comprised of a self-healing substrate, high-conductivity electrodes and molecularly modified gold nanoparticles.

“The gold particles on top of the substrate and between the self-healing electrodes are able to ‘heal’ cracks that could completely disconnect electrical connectivity,” said Haick.

The self-healing sensor is stable from sub-freezing cold to equatorial heat, so it could be used in any part of the world. However, it works most efficiently at temperatures between 0 degrees C and 10 degrees C, when moisture condenses and is then absorbed by the substrate. Condensation makes the substrate swell, allowing the polymer chains to begin to flow freely and, in effect, begin “healing.”

Once healed, the chemi-resistor was shown to retain high sensitivity to touch, pressure and strain under vigorous testing. Surprisingly, it becomes even stronger with each healing cycle.

“The self-healing sensor raises expectations that flexible devices might someday be self-administered, which increases their reliability,” explained Huynh, whose work focuses on the development of self-healing electronic skin.

“One day, the self-healing sensor could serve as a platform for biosensors that monitor human health using electronic skin.”
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Dear Spiritwind, I read a blurb yesterday by a world of Warcraft developer who claimed the whole point of WoW was indeed teaching humanity to the machines. I accused them (blizzard) of precisely that about 5 years ago, before the Anders Brievik massacre & James Holmes massacre....

They emailed me a bit then I wrote a couple p
ages back regarding how evil their logic, usi

ng us players up like toilet paper
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

P.s. this insufferable dumbphone is driving me nuts lol, it doesnt let cursor go to bottom of text field without lots of spaces.
~William Cowper

Return to “Science (Spirituality)”